[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A N X I E T Y

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

File: prescription.jpg (52KB, 1000x670px) Image search: [Google]
prescription.jpg
52KB, 1000x670px
How difficult is it to score some anxiety drugs from a psychiatrist? I've never been to one.
I'm tired of being afraid to talk to people.
>>
>>36201784
Depends. What country/state do you live in?
>>
>>36201784
Depends.

Psychiatrists would usually prescribe you drugs on the first visit, but that also entails a waitlist
>>
Really easy if you have a proven years long history of anxiety that is resistant to ssri/snris and therapy.
>>
You'll probably be prescribed anti-depressants first rather than benzos which are what you want.
>>
just be honest with your doctor and see how it goes
if that doesn't work then use OTC or RC stuff
>>
>>36202068
antidepressants take weeks to work, and will often make it worse during the first few weeks
>>
>>36202152
This is a lifelong problem so waiting a few weeks or enduring a few side effects should not be a barrier
>>
>>36202180
then go for a psychiatrist

i'm taking lexapro right now
>>
>>36202196
I dont know how you stand lexapro, I was put on it for anxiety, however i NEEDED 15 hours of sleep a day. And even then I was uncomfortably tired.
>>
>>36201784
The drugs don't help, you'll still be afraid to talk to people
>>
>>36202152
I agree. As someone who has been prescribed both benzos and SSRIs I much prefer the benzos for very occasional use as I couldn't even make it a week taking Paroxetine. Still, it doesn't change the fact that if you go see a doctor or a psychiatrist they'll be fairly hesitant to go straight into handing you benzos for anxiety issues nowadays due to the addiction potential and tolerance issues.
>>
>>36202223
different side effects for different people

i'm taking risperidone along with it, didn't notice any side effects except erectile dysfunction

which drug did you end up with?
>>
>>36202228
is that true?

i was at a psych ward and they gave out benzos as sleeping pills
>>
>>36202243
I completely stopped after that. I'd like to try more but haven't gotten around to making the appointment.
>>
>>36202270
Probably much easier to get them if people are constantly monitored and what they ingest is completely controlled. No chance of abusing the stuff that way. Giving this stuff to someone with issues and not being able to control his usage or even know what he's doing with it is an entirely different thing though.
>>
>>36202311
you didn't experience ssri withdrawals? you're supposed to get brain zaps and shit if you stop cold turkey.
>>
>>36202339
Oh sorry, no i did taper off. I meant I stopped try other new drugs. I kinda just one-and-donned lexapro.

I'm strongly considering giving the gambit a second try because I'm at the point where this anxiety is affecting me too much.
Like, I installed Tinder and a girl messaged me and I just couldn't deal so I instantly deleted it.
>>
>>36202376
well yeah you should try other drugs
>>
Just started seeing a therapist and first thing she gave me adderall to try and help with my lack of motivation, so I know shes willing to work with me and get meds I want so what do I need to do to score some benzos? Im going back in 2 weeks and I plan on saying my social anxiety is preventing me from living my life the way I want, which would be true if I wasnt completely content being a NEET
>>
>>36203125
Hows the adderal helping you? I'm kinda worried about using that stuff since long term use fucks up your brain.

Also I'm with you on the social anxiety front. It prevents me from living my life whenever i actually TRY to live my life like a normie. However, I'm actually pretty content with the robo life style.
>>
>>36203189
honestly its helped alot just helping me get out of bed and not want to die as much, so thats pretty good, and im hoping its a short term crutch to help build better habbits
>>
>>36203125
adderall helps with motivation, really?
>>
>>36203574
well its an amphetamine, gives you that get up and go do something attitude in the right doses, even for a lazy neet like me I feel like I have to do something for the 3ish hours after it kicks in
>>
NO! DON'T START TAKING A PRESCRIPTION FOR ANXIETY! IT DOES NOTHING! I'VE BEEN TAKING ZOLOFT FOR 4 YEARS AND IT'S BEEN A COMPLETE WASTE! PLEASE DON'T GET TRAPPED IN IT LIKE I AM NOW!
>>
>>36203766
I tried zoloft for 2 months, bleh ssris are kind of bullshit, theyre only effective for a certain percentage of people and they give them out like candy. Benzos however.. they work and boy do they work well
>>
benzos work great for anxiety. but they are addictive and the withdrawals are worse than heroin. don't fuck around with benzos, it's better just being a nervous wreck than having to deal with needing a consistent supply of those fucking pills.
>>
I know this sounds strange but I have a problem with a tight throat. I physically feel the urge to swallow every 10 seconds. Im not sure if its anxiety or an actual physical problem but has anyone dealt with this?
>>
>>36203766
I'm confused. So it does nothing, yet you choose to stay on it?
I know withdrawling is a whole event, but if you taper off it is very safe.
>>
SSRIs are the sheer definition of a chemical Jew, they only work for a very small percentage of patients, if they do work the actual effects vary widely, and they take four solid weeks to take effect which is more than enough time for your mental condition to irreparably fuck your life up, and despite all this they're still among the most expensive psychiatric medicines. And yet psychiatrists market them as wonder drugs and prescribe them like crazy. They only present a small hope of augmenting other, more effective medications, and yet most all psychiatrists make them the sole regiment of 85% of their non-psychotic patients. If anyone wants to debate whether the field of psychiatry is inherently Jewish, just point out SSRIs as your sole argument.

Benzos really are wonder drugs, but it really is critical that you only take them as an SOS, or else they will completely lose effect due to tolerance, plus you WILL get addicted, and believe me that you don't want to be addicted.

Do NOT take Antipsychotics unless you're actually psychotic, prescribing them for anxiety/depression is simply done out of desperation by slightly bad goyish psychiatrists who have realized just how crappy SSRIs are and that Benzos usually aren't a good idea. I guarantee you that any effect they have is on anxiety or depression is 100% placebo, all that will happen is really nasty side effects.

t. Psychiatry pro.
>>
>>36202243
I started zoloft last week, I really miss my libido
>>
>>36203766
weird, i was on zoloft for depression.
regardless, i wasn't a fan - it constantly sped up my thought process (actually creating anxiety) and gave me the most awful sleep paralysis/night terrors.
>>
presumably you mean drugs like valium and xanax, unfortunately best practice for anxiety is no longer to prescribe these on a long term basis

for new cases most docs these days will prefer mindfulness meditation, and in the very worst cases they may prescribe you a short run of benzos to take with an SSRI and cut you off the benzos in a month or so after the SSRI kicks in

Now that's not to say you won't get lucky and find a dinosaur who still hands out xanax like candy, but at that point you're basically doctor shopping. I would also be vary careful with taking SSRIs as they can have some nasty side effects.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.