[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Give me one legitimate argument against suicide. Not some "everyone

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 3

File: 1487283518392.jpg (84KB, 618x619px) Image search: [Google]
1487283518392.jpg
84KB, 618x619px
Give me one legitimate argument against suicide. Not some "everyone is the victim" meme answer like that.
>>
Suicide is what happens when the disease of depression or another mental illness kills you.

A healthy person will never commit suicide because properly functioning organisms have an innate desire to live.

Mentally ill people are not fit to judge if they should continue living, therefore they shouldn't be given the option.
>>
Every person is a victim.
>>
Suicide is what happens when one has determined their lot in life and all the possibilities that entails.

An ignorant person will never commit suicide because they are not capable of this level of cognizance.

Observant and honest people are the best judges of their lives and thus should be allowed to do anything.
>>
>>36172916
>shouldn't even be given the option to suicide

This is pure evil
>>
>>36172916
Also: suicide as an answer to depression is a solution on par with chopping your dick off as an answer to dysphoria. These "solutions" are only picked by delusional people who have their minds altered by their illness.
>>
>>36173040
Suicide is the answer to every issue that youve had or will have though.
>>
>>36172815
It really hurts those who care about you. Also, what other people said about mental illness.
>>
>>36172916
>functioning organisms have an innate desire to live

How do you define any of this? You do realize how arbitrary that all sounds, right? A clump of cells that had different programming than apoptotic cells continued to grow and develop. That's your "desire to live" for you.
>>
>>36173078
Nope, it a sign of delusional thinking. Anyone who is suicidal has a chemical imbalance or mutation in their brain, which should be treated.
>>
>>36173040
Stop posting and embarassing yourself. Head over to wikipedia for some basics on pessimism.
>>
You clearly don't care about your life of you really want to commit suicide so instead of ending it like a fag you should just try to enjoy your life as much as you can. Don't give a single fuck about anything or anyone. If you spend all your money on doujins then it doesn't even matter. Do what you want without restriction before you die at least.
>>
>>36173120
Apoptosis only exists to help organisms develop and maintain themselves. You don't have free will. Living is not rational. If you are functioning properly without errors in gene expression, you will cling to life. If there is something wrong with your brain, the only logical solution is to try to fix it, not give it authority over you.
>>
>>36173122
>Nope
Great argument friend i like that one 10/10
If suicidal people have a chemical imbalance or any sort of problem with their brain, does not argue my point
>>
>>36173122
>which should be treated

Antidepressants are literally a meme you tool
>>
>>36173160
This is the most retarded argument from normies against suicide, I hope you are not serious
>>
>>36172916
>being sad is a disease
This is what I don't get. They say it's a chemical imbalance, but that's how the brain works. Seeing the color red is a chemical reaction in the brain. Or am I just confusing a depressed person with someone that needs a reason to live?
>>
>>36173206
It's only a solution from a delusional perspective. You are not fit to make a decision like that if you're mentally ill. No different from a schizophrenic person thinking God wants them to commit suicide.
>>
>>36172815

you're probably just going through a phase
>>
>>36173188
How very fatalist of you. I wasn't expecting an answer like this. What you wrote is laden with contradictions that I shouldn't even have to point it out.
>>
>>36173257
No different from a religious person doing something because "god" told him to.
Should we not let them do those things either?
>>
>>36173221
>the solution to a disease that makes you lose the will to live and at its most severe, commit suicide... is to let you commit suicide
Can't you see the flaw here?
>>
>>36173160
I thought this way too. That whole life is your oyster motivational /b/ poster. However it isn't like that. Life has disappointed you so thoroughly that you don't care for the doujins or hookers. It's also way more painful than it ever could be pleasurable, see Schopenhauer on the animal kingdom. However while I see it as true I don't care much for utilitarianism.
Does it not seem naive to think life is for everyone? Almost nothing is.
>>
>>36173255
Suicide as a response to sadness is not healthy or normal, it means something has gone wrong in your brain. Depression is a disease of the brain that prevents proper signalling related to happiness/enjoyment/satisfaction.
>>
>>36173299
No

It's still a valid solution faggot
>>
>>36172815
You're probably too young and stupid to give it reasonable thought at this point. Make it to 50 then you've earned it.
>>
>>36172815
IS LE SEL FISH LE SEL FISH HAHAHAHA
>>
>>36172916
>Mentally ill people are not fit to judge if they should continue living, therefore they shouldn't be given the option.
>>36173040
>These "solutions" are only picked by delusional people who have their minds altered by their illness.

I came itt to contribute
>if u fuk up theyll get you forever

But uh.
Those guys uh. Like >>36173019 said.
I have a capacity now I see for fight or flight driven terrible violence for those people.

I would tear them apart, stomp their teeth in, rip off soft tissue, gouge into their eyes , stomp on the trunk of their bodies and smash everything inside into pieces.

My reptile brain paints a target on these "people".

I appear normal on the surface.
But I really want to be gone.
Not just dead.
Killing myself is a compromise.

If that is even threatened to be taken by a real "person" identifiable to me.

They, will become my compromise.
>>
>>36173342
>the solution to cancer is to just let the tumors do what they want and overtake you
>>
>>36173188
>thinking wrong is a disease.
Should we just kill anyone who disagrees with you politically? Cause that's thinking wrong too?
>free will doesn't exist
I can agree with this but it doesn't add anything to the conversation. Determinism makes sense scientifically but doesn't add anything to these discussions. If we gave ourselves wholly to it there would be no reason to talk aside from being fated to do so.
>>
>>36173122
>should be treated

fuck you you pompous D-bag. Life is a constant pointless struggle and no amount of meds is going to change that.

I'm going to kill myself and there is nothing you can do about it.
>>
>>36173122
Ikr? My brother has been admitted twice for this shit

Could join me in helping him?
Do you have a throwaway?
>>
File: IMG_3479.jpg (288KB, 800x1057px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3479.jpg
288KB, 800x1057px
>>36172815
Quantum immortality is always in effect. You're might end up with some nasty mortal wounds.
>>
>>36173382
If that's how you see it then do what you say and kill yourself, cancer.
Wouldn't want to be a hypocrite would we?
>>
>>36172815
You only want to kill yourself because you have meme "depression"
>>
Suicide is a sin and you will probably go to Hell if you commit suicide.
>>
File: IMG_3581.jpg (118KB, 460x483px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3581.jpg
118KB, 460x483px
>>36173431
*You might
>>
>>36173382
>implying a physical illness is the same as a mental one

Really activated my almonds
>>
>>36173410
The desire to live is innate to all organisms. If your body develops properly (including your brain) and maintains itself without errors in gene expression, you will have the same result. Suicide is never a rational choice. You could rationally decide life is inferior to nonexistence, but the unconscious parts of a properly functioning brain will prevent you from self-harm.

If a person can be evaluated as having zero mental illnesses by a professional and they make the rational decision to commmit suicide, that's the only circumstance where it's justifiable. But that tends to only happen with doctor assisted suicide for people who are physically ill.
>>
>>36173160
This is what people who don't know what depression is say.
>>
If strength is the ability to endure, why deal with the bullshit? The strongest indivdual is whoever can go through the most shit, but if you take it to its logical conclusion you just live a shitty life and then die.
What's the alternative though, flee until it catches you? Is bullshit just whatever you don't like it can't control? In which case the only solution would be becoming a godlike being? But we can't choose everything, not the fundamentals of reality anyway
>>
>>36173482
Everything is physical. Mental illness is just more complex.
>>
>>36173465
God is a tyrant if he doesn't even let his imperfect beings let their lives end
>>
>>36173422
I recommend watching a movie called Taste of Cherry.
>>
>>36173465
>being a grown ass man afraid of hell
This Is why cuckolding exists
>>
>>36173122
>The word "no" doesn't exist
Maybe you should try graduating high school first
>>
>>36173552
Cancer doesn't fundamentally change the way you perceive things like a mental illness would. I say fundamentally since at its core cancer is just the decomposition of your body at the cellular level. Mental illness is more abstract.

Why do you think it's your duty to make the mentally ill not kill themselves? If medication doesn't work then suicide becomes the only solution.
>>
>>36172815
Does anyone know how cremation works? If I just blew my brains off in the street I sort of wonder who ends up paying for disposal sometimes
>>
>>36172815
Only commit suicide if drinking coffee, having a fap, or some other simple pleasure doesn't sound more appealing than ending it
>>
>>36173655
Cancer is what happens when you have cells that lose communication with your other cells and start acting on their own, without regard for the rest of the body. I'm just saying that allowing a mentally ill person to give into their mental illness is not a solution, it's being defeatist. If that person was in their right state of mind, they wouldn't be making the same decision, guaranteed. You should only have your decisions respected when they're rational. Like I said, rational suicide does exist, but it's known as doctor assisted suicide. Because you need to consult medical professionals who rationally determine that suicide is *actually* your best option.

If a doctor conceded that you are so hopeless that suicide is a legitimate choice, then of course I respect that. But that's not going to happen for someone who is mentally ill, because scientific consensus has favored other treatments, and even personalized treatment will never go to that option. Suicide only really makes sense when life is excruciating, not when life is unenjoyable.
>>
To be honest in many cases it will hurt many people but it is still ultimately a personal choice that should be allowed. If you are ok with being forgotten or remembered as a bitch then you should not have anyone try to force you to live.

Imo legalize suicide for anyone old enough to fight a war.
>>
95% of the time someone wants to commit suicide, they are in no state of mind to be allowed to decide to. It's like making a decision for the rest of your life while drunk/on other substance. I would only see a depressed/mentally ill person be fit to decide to kill themselves if they've consistently (like 99% of the time) wanted to die for like 2 years.
But idk, tough to argue about states of mind anyway. I've been depressed for 5 years and was suicidal for 2ish, but I'm fine sticking around now so of course I'm taking the view that agrees with my decision.
>>
>>36173372
>this post
>written by somebody without a seriously malfuctioning brain
pick one
>>
>>36172916
>>36173040
>>36173090
>>36173122
>>36173257
>>36173350
>>36173465
pay for me to live then.
>>
>>36174132
Its just survival.

Is rage a mental illness?
Is killing?
Servicemen are out there who kill every day for your right to call them mentally ill.
But will you?
>>
>>36174243
This is to be pleasant
>>
is/ought problem you fuckers
>>
If you attempt suicide in the military, I have to watch you sleep when I'd rather be sleeping instead. If you succeed at suicide, I have to sit more mental wellness briefings. Either one sucks.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.