[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is why I am a social retard

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: Paruresis-Cure-300x217.jpg (30KB, 300x217px) Image search: [Google]
Paruresis-Cure-300x217.jpg
30KB, 300x217px
I come to you in search for advice and maybe other experiences.
I have a medical condition called Paruresis. I just can't pee when other people are around me. no matter if they can see or hear me.

Don't get me wrong I don't have a problem with getting my dick out and everything.
Not only once I tried to pee with a really filled bladder at a festival to the point where it hurt.
But I just stood there for like 15 minutes trying to pee. I only could pee when I went to a stall (is this the right word?). It also doesn't work when I'm with friends.
It was not from birth on but from somewhere in secondary school on. There was no traumatic experience I think.

This is really becoming a torture. I can't drink anything when I'm going out with other people because there is always one of the group coming along when I go to the toilets.
When I am in university I always sneak off and go to an unoccupied toilet. (Luckily there always is one in my university).
When I was in the military I also somehow managed to only pee when I was alone.

Please some med students, I need help. How can I overcome this? I really try and I take my time people come and go and I'm just standing there for 15 or more minutes....
>>
I have this too, fuck.
>>
This happened to me in highschool, around 10th grade. Not sure how it started, but it did.
Luckily, I got a girlfriend a few years back and eventually, got comfortable enough to pee near her, but she couldn't directly look until I had started. After that it was fine.
I can't START to pee with people nearby, but mid-pee I can. I don't get it. I don't see the fucking reason.
>>
Have this too. I can get it to a trickle before it completely squeezes shut again.
>>
>use bathroom
>sit down so I don't make piss splashing sound
>"Anon why do you never make sound when using the bathroom"

JUST
U
S
T
>>
>>36171891
The main way to overcome it is to develop a habit when peeing alone, then repeat it when in public. I do mental multiplication problems but pretty much anything to distract you from peeing could work, remember song lyrics or baseball stats or whatever.

The other way to go about it is just own waiting for a stall. Nobody really cares.
>>
>>36171891
Google it. I've read about this before and the short answer is that you have to find someone to be your 'pee buddy' who will be just near enough to you that you're uncomfortable but not so much that you actually can't go, which may mean they're in the next room to begin with but hopefully over time progresses to where they can be right by you.
>>
File: 1476652915892.jpg (90KB, 607x960px) Image search: [Google]
1476652915892.jpg
90KB, 607x960px
>>36171891
So piss in a stall, who gives a fuck? Jesus. Find something important to care about.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.