[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>just be yourself Is there a worse piece of advice normies

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_0088.png (123KB, 785x757px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0088.png
123KB, 785x757px
>just be yourself
Is there a worse piece of advice normies can give?
>>
It's a good advice imo
>>
>>36166879
It's terrible advice, you attention-whoring namefag. If myself was a socially competent person I wouldn't be on this fucking board
>>
>>36166870
>"Just go talk to her, dude. What's the worst that can happen?"

Nigga, I spent majority of my life playing out scenarios for any/every situation like this. There are a lot of bad things that could happen.
>>
File: 1479087165734.jpg (47KB, 895x895px) Image search: [Google]
1479087165734.jpg
47KB, 895x895px
>>36166870

>You just gotta put yourself out there and talk to people

also

>Just get any job you can get. You're lucky to be working no matter what.
>>
>>36166965
Sorry lmoa this is the name that i use to shitpost on /int/. Tell me why it isn't tho; i think being yourself helps you find people that genuinely likes you. Being yourself means looking for your own benefit ie; have fun but also don't be cocky. You don't owe people anything nor they owe you.
>>
I always be myself, its never got me laid though.
>>
>>36166870

It's unironically good advice if you interpret it the right way

e.g. instead of faking someone totally different to get a gf, justBurself and wait for someone just as autistic as you to come along
>>
>>36167057
Because 'myself' is someone who likes depth in his conversations. My interests include history, philosophy, politics, literature and film. I am absolutely terrible at smalltalk and most people like to have 'light' conversations. I am also very passionate about my interests and I've been told it is very abrasive and off-putting
>>
>>36167090
>justBurself and wait for someone just as autistic as you to come along
So, never? Or at least not until I'm 35 and some bitch fresh off the cock carousel starts looking to settle down?
>>
File: images-5.jpg (9KB, 194x260px) Image search: [Google]
images-5.jpg
9KB, 194x260px
>>36166870
Maybe because it's the advice that spelled for them. I'm nothing special but never felt held back. Just be who you are is honestly solid advice
>>
>>36167057
I like trains, anime and history dude. Me being myself is a massive pussy repellent
>>
People who say that typically are generally normal people who aren't repulsive if they show who they really are.
>>
>>36169577
>I like trains
Back to plebbit
>>
>just be yourself
>be myself
>noo too nice too kind don't do that do this
>Lose interest in going out because everything is just a fucking act, people are just walking memes
>anon why don't you come out anymore?
>>
>>36166870
no but it is pretty shit advice
>>
>>36170418
What's worse advice in your opinion?
>>
File: ykiaFBx.jpg (42KB, 479x720px) Image search: [Google]
ykiaFBx.jpg
42KB, 479x720px
>>36167600
sure supreme gentledesu
>>
File: 1480937639926.jpg (18KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
1480937639926.jpg
18KB, 450x450px
>>36167600
>history, philosophy, politics, literature and film

Literally the most normie interests. The advice you probably need is see a good, comfy psychologist who can help you figure out why you're failing at this.
>>
>>36171151
Come on now the most normie interests are shit like sports and tv shows; politics and literature are in a limbo, but I'm sure that guy didnt refer to harry potter or game of thrones, same thing for philosophy, history and films.
>>
File: 1481200659997.png (123KB, 477x311px) Image search: [Google]
1481200659997.png
123KB, 477x311px
>>36171509
>history,
popular amongst normies now because of Hamilton and the rise of history podcasts. History is becoming the new science is fucking yolo

>philosophy,
Okay fine, probably not for normans

>politics,
N O R M I E
O
R
M
I
E

>literature
depends on what lit

>film
Aboslutely normie. Normies LOVE film.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.