[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How have you put effort into improving your life in the past 24 hours?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: 1491206954790.jpg (2MB, 1695x1642px) Image search: [Google]
1491206954790.jpg
2MB, 1695x1642px
How have you put effort into improving your life in the past 24 hours?
>>
Currently waiting on an email that says I got the job and a text that says I got the apartment

Guess what? I'm going to get neither because life is cruel
>>
>>36166036
>exercised
>ate 500 calories a day
I'm going to be thin by September.
>>
>>36166056
>waiting
No, anon. What have you done?
>>
>>36166074
Yes, life isn't what you do in the moment. It's what you work and accumulate. If I could've went for an interview and seen a new apartment yesterday, I would've, you philosophical asshole
>>
>>36166036
>ate one meal
>went to junk yard to look for parts
>went to work and made some tip money
>going to go bowling in a little bit
Honestly haven't done much in the last 24h
>>
Fixed up my fence yesterday.

Adding some value to the ol' homestead
>>
>>36166036

I made a thousand bucks doing two days of work.
>>
File: 1472664578996.png (855KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1472664578996.png
855KB, 1920x1080px
>>36166071
That's good, anon. How do you like to exercise? I run a few miles about five days a week and it feels great. Do you go on /fit/? 500 cals a day is very low, you might be missing out on some macronutrients. The /fit/ sticky has good advice on that. Either way, keep it up. You can lose weight with effort.

>>36166093
I never said you had to go to an interview every day, just that you have to do something, like the other anon. Did you work out? Did you read? Did you learn how to cook a new meal? Did you work on developing a creative skill?

>>36166131
What are you using the parts for?

>>36166160
Home improvement is one thing I'm very bad at. I kinda just want to live in a nice apartment and never have to worry about it.
>>
I've been studying esperanto daily, sed mi ne scias kie aux kiel estos utila
>>
>>36166036
I haven't i'm a lazy sack of shit and I don't care
>>
Started saving money to move to Germany and finally have an existence of my own.
>>
>>36166230
I've been using a stationary bike so I can post while exercising. I've only been at it for a week so my legs hurt, but I'm going to keep it up! I haven't given enough on /fit/ yet, but I will. Thank you.
>>
>>36166036
yes, I bought a new mouse and I can play games again
>>
>>36166326
J'etudie francais a mon uni. Je voudrais apprendre une autre langue, mais c'est tres dificile pour moi. Cet ete je vais aller a Paris pour une programme de LBAT, ca va etre incroyable. Les fils francophones d'/int/ m'aident parfois.
(Also, /r9k/ doesn't allow accent marks for some reason?)

>>36166364
What are you going to do in Germany anon? I've never been but I would love to see it some day.

>>36166335
There is plenty of time today.
>>
>>36166600
Hey, I just started learning French as well.
Esperanto is a pretty easy language, since you're already studying a language at uni (I assume that's what you said, my French is not good yet) it should be pretty simple for you. I'd recommend doing it if you need to kill half an hour each day.
also /r9k/ doesn't allow other alphabets cause they could be used to circumvent the bot, it says so in the sticky.
>>
>>36166600
J'etudie francais dans l'ecole elementaire et je oublie until petit peux. Did that make sense? I'm rusty. I just got back from Montreal.
>>
>>36166918
I should have said mais instead of et. Also until is supposed to be un but my phone is English.
>>
>>36166036
lifted, did about 2 hours of spring yard work, fixed an electronic siphon and devised a cheap method to make hydrogen sulfide.
>>
>>36166036
Said I wasnt gonna smoke weed today, and that failed already and its barely noon
>>
>>36166918
That makes sense. I would like to go to Montreal some day, but I'm not sure how difficult it is to decipher quebecois accents.

>>36166992
Siphons and hydrogen sulfide? What do you use these for?

>>36167020
Do something good today to make up for it.

>>36166831
I don't plan on starting a new language until I'm better at French. I started learning because I love literature and want to read in different languages, and French is a good place to start with that. Once I'm able to read fairly complicated books I want to try something more difficult, like Mandarin or Russian.
>>
>>36167099
Montreal is a really beautiful city, I'd go there again. The accents aren't bad, but if you get stuck, everybody in the service industry also speaks English.
>>
Honestly? Fucking nothing, and you know what? It feels fucking awful. I need motivation to finish my hw for classes, book up appointments for my work, and make a shit ton of money while in school and getting straight As. I'm tired of this mediocre life bullshit. I want to succeed.
>>
>>36167099
The siphon is for draining swimming pools but was broken. Rather than buying a new one for the summer I figured I'd open it up and see if I could fix it and I managed to pretty easily.
>>
>Has some scrambled eggs for breakfast
It's significant because I usually lazily eat just a bowl of cereal. Making eggs is already the first step towards having a better diet.
>Excercise
I've been doing this evening routine for a week, I know it's not much, but I do it each night before I go to sleep. Plus some meditation but my mind is too restless.
I also do a little stretching routine (actually it's Qi Gong) in the morning. I was going to drop it because I feel I do it hastily, but I did it anyway.

There's more I should be doing, but I am just happy that I can keep this up which is the highest priority.
>>
I cut my nails. Going to reset my body clock tomorrow so gonna stay up as long as I can. Wish me luck habibs
>>
>>36167099
Hey, I've been studying languages as well, but I'm a bit of a brainlet and I burn out quickly, so I have to let it rest for a few days.
I've been learning Mandarin, but with all the characters, progress is slow. I'm also starting latin and I really love it. It really is a very interesting language.
>>
Considering I skipped class amd instead slept all day, I don't think I have.
>>
>>36166036
Yes. I cooked healthy meals for the week and weightlifting while getting wasted off some shitty scotch
>>
>>36166036
i have squandered the entire last 24 hours
>>
>>36166036
I learned how to cook something new, wrote some new lyrics and resisted the urge to drink when I started obsessing about bad shit that happened a while ago.
>>
>>36167493
That sounds like a good day anon. Getting control over your feelings is great. If you haven't yet, you should read the Meditations of Marcus Aurelius. Stoicism is all about mastering your emotions rather than letting them control you.

>>36167214
Starting with small things consistently is good. Sticking to anything will help you.

>>36167307
Latin would also have a lot of great things to read if I learned that. The issue is that I learn fastest by speaking, and it's very difficult to find someone to consistently speak Latin with and impossible to find immersion. Good luck learning.

>>36167240
I've tried to reset the clock all at once before but never succeeded, I always just have to slowly correct it. Does an all-nighter work for you like that?

>>36167465
That also sounds like a kickass day. What did you cook?

>>36167477
>>36167351
There is still plenty of time today.
>>
>>36166036
I mowed the lawn. It's something I guess.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.