[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is the logical progression for robots. Prove me wrong.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 152
Thread images: 22

File: intellectualprogression.png (662KB, 800x2400px) Image search: [Google]
intellectualprogression.png
662KB, 800x2400px
This is the logical progression for robots.

Prove me wrong.
>>
>No Trap-ism

Shit list
>>
>>36157518

Buddhism is god tier and can lead to christianity

No one understands buddhism so it's all moot though

>herp derp I'm just gonna sit down and talk to myself
>>
>>36157565
>herp derp I'm just gonna sit down and talk to myself
Wait so does that mean everybody on /r9k/ is a buddhist? All I do is sit in my chair and talk to myself
>>
>>36157578

You talk to me anon
>>
File: evidenza-1.jpg (277KB, 600x409px) Image search: [Google]
evidenza-1.jpg
277KB, 600x409px
creating your own religion
>>
>anything but Discordianism
>not fnord-tier
>>
Put the words in the opposite order and you've got it.
>>
>>36157518
More like /pol/.

Remember /r9k/ is mostly communist for real, not related to tumblr or antifa though, different types of communism and such.
>>
>>36157635
we got a nut sack brain here
>>
File: 1488429593332.jpg (87KB, 409x409px) Image search: [Google]
1488429593332.jpg
87KB, 409x409px
>>36157518
>unironically being christian
I hope you're larping as a crusader or something.
>>
>>36157971
yeah, you

origanman
>>
File: 2017-04-10-10-58-06.jpg (175KB, 533x1600px) Image search: [Google]
2017-04-10-10-58-06.jpg
175KB, 533x1600px
Fixed it for ya senpai
>>
>>36157635
>tfw too intelligent to believe anything other than a massive explosion somehow randomly created beautiful planets and complex life forms that are capable of intelligence and emotions and have personalities
>>
>>36158091
>trying to find meaning in an infinite void
>>
>>36158091
>tfw too autistic to actually look into atheist arguments instead of parroting the same asinine "HURR DURR EVERYTHING FROM NOTHING!!" straw man my preacher and equally autistic religious friends constantly tell me atheists believe
>>
>>36158132
Atheist arguments are based on human logic and human understandings that don't apply to a divine being.
>>
>>36157518
Nope. Christianity is the lowest form, atheism is the highest.

Nice shill thread christ-fag.
>>
>>36158141
Keep telling yourself that buddy. You live in a bubble reality because it makes you feel good.

You have no proof and I think even you realize that you are full of shit.
>>
File: Illuminatus x3.jpg (42KB, 537x300px) Image search: [Google]
Illuminatus x3.jpg
42KB, 537x300px
This Anon here knows where it's at >>36157623.
>>
File: jeyzaz.jpg (32KB, 468x240px) Image search: [Google]
jeyzaz.jpg
32KB, 468x240px
>MUHHHH JEYZAAAZZZZZZ

best goy
>>
>>36158160
The lack of proof is one of the bases for Christianity. God doesn't want to show up and give you proof that He exists or it would be like threatening your wife to not leave you and then claiming you are in a good relationship with her. It's the whole idea behind faith.
>>
>>36158141

that's just an excuse you use to justify your faith in the face of contrary evidence, why not just believe what your senses are telling you?
>>
>>36158141
>Human logic and human understanding don't apply to a divine being!

How did you even discern a god exists in the first place?

>Human logic and human understanding

kek. religitards never cease to entertain
>>
>>36158190
If that's true then why did he supposedly show up to all those people in the middle east a few thousand years ago?... Was the primacy of "faith" for the preservation of free will not as important back then?

Have you thought about this shit for so much as 2 seconds, dumb dumb?
>>
>>36158141
Then don't argue.
>>
>Prove me wrong

The burden of proof is on the person making the claim.
>>
>>36157998
>>36158146
Brainlets detected. Run along children, I have passages to read.
>>
>>36158206
Can you "sense" the universe is 14 billion years old?
Can you "sense" the distance that the Earth measures from the Sun?
Of course not but you will still take these as true.
Our human senses too are limited to human understanding.
You won't be able to tell the difference between 1 million light years and 2 million light years.

>>36158212
Who else would have created the universe and all the life within it? The nature displays such harmonies of shapes and colors, saying all that came "by chance" is an insult to nature itself.
I know that there are things that are beyond our understanding and trying to apply our logic to them would never work.
Imagine if you went to Mars and tried to apply gravity in the way that you do on Earth. It wouldn't work. You are trying to apply a logic from one space to another where it doesn't apply.

>>36158230
Jesus came to reveal the Father and to preach. Also he came so that he could die in a human form and only by death he could undo the works of the devil.
It's all in the bible. You should read. It has many answers and opens up to many questions.
>>
>>36157518
christianity is hell for robots in today's society. I'm not a kike trying to tell robots to avoid, because it is the only true path. the problem is it that is awful because of how secular and degenerate today's society is. people have abandoned all morals and self respect in the name of drugs and sex. it is the new god of society. people before were religious because it was the status quo. the new status quo is degeneracy so lots of normal, good moral people (i.e. many normies) get caught up and lost in it. women are even more susceptible to these kinds of trends than men because of their submissive nature, acceptance of authority and social cost of not following the norms. thus large numbers of women who would make good wives are turned into corrupted, miserable whores.
>>
>>36158206
>>36158212
>they literally believe that empiricism is the only legitimate epistemological model, even though It cannot prove itself and is therefore self-refuting
>they deify science even though science can only tell ,,how'' but not ,,why''
>>
File: 1490342005623.jpg (151KB, 650x789px) Image search: [Google]
1490342005623.jpg
151KB, 650x789px
>>36158359
hmmmm I wonder (((((((((((WHO))))))))))) could be behind this idea that traditional values that made europe into what it is today are bad
>>
>>36158334
>Who else would have created the universe and all the life within it?

Why assume it had to have a conscious creator? Why can't it be the case that we're the product of an infinite regress of causal origins? Why can't it be that nature, at some fundamental, yet undiscovered level, is eternal? In either case, reality has no "cause" or "beginning", it simply is.

>nature displays such harmonies of shapes and colors

lol yeah? Nature is ordered. Order is a part of logic, which must precede everything, including god, if such a being even exists.

>Imagine if you went to Mars and tried to apply gravity in the way that you do on Earth. It wouldn't work.

Fuck me, that was bad, anon. If gravity is of a different strength on Mars, you adjust your calculations accordingly and proceed from there. Did you honestly think that was a valid argument?

>he came so that he could die in a human form and only by death he could undo the works of the devil.

Uh huh. God sent himself to die as a sacrifice to himself, to save us from the punishment which he himself would condemn us to, for acting on the flaws which he himself designed us with.

I can give you some reading recommendations too. Some listening recommendations also.

Ever heard of Christopher Hitchens? Sam Harris? Daniel Dennett? I can name some more if you'd like.
>>
>>36158413
>hmmmm I wonder (((((((((((WHO))))))))))) could be behind this idea that traditional values that made europe into what it is today are bad
but y doe?
>>
>>36158431
Infinite regression is logical fallacy. The universe cannot be eternal because all science points to the opposite.
>>
>>36158376
>even though It cannot prove itself and is therefore self-refuting

You can't use a method made for discerning concrete objectivity on an abstraction, dumbass.

>they deify science even though science can only tell ,,how'' but not ,,why''

"Why" in the context you're using it is begging the question. "Why" doesn't make sense if there's no conscious intent behind it all, which you still have all your work ahead of you to demonstrate is the case.

Thanks for playing.
>>
File: 1468691644907.png (449KB, 1600x1577px) Image search: [Google]
1468691644907.png
449KB, 1600x1577px
>>36158433
To create greater isreael. What do you think the point of all these wars in the middle east is?
>>
>>36158461
>Infinite regression is logical fallacy

You don't know what "logical fallacy" even means... If it is, then do explain.

>The universe cannot be eternal because all science points to the opposite.

No, it doesn't. All science points to a mystery of how our currently observable universe came to be. To say science will never know is to assert you have the answers you don't have, which of course religitards love doing...
>>
>>36158431
>If gravity is of a different strength on Mars, you adjust your calculations accordingly and proceed from there. Did you honestly think that was a valid argument?
You can only do that because you know how to change your calculations. Now, if you went to another different dimension where physics work differently, you wouldn't be able to readjust your calculations.
>>
>>36158470
They could get that without ruining the western world, surely?
>>
>>36158492
>science says something is a mystery
>"I believe that blindly after all science is perfect and cannot lie to me"
are you treating science like a God?
>>
>>36158359
>people don't do witch hunts and persecute homosexuals anymore! what an awful world it's become!
>>
literally shills
>>
>>36158500
The Jews are few in number, they need allies and they need to neuter them, they want the extinction of all whites, they want to mix everyone into a brown mixed shitty color to create the perfect slave race.
>>
>>36158518
>people don't do witch hunts and persecute homosexuals anymore! what an awful world it's become!

fuck off kike
>>
>>36158493
>if you went to another different dimension where physics work differently, you wouldn't be able to readjust your calculations.

No shit. In that case I'd have to use the scientific method to find out what was going on and go from there. Is this retarded excuse for an argument really all you've got?

I'm gonna give you a chance to come up with something better. Gimme your best, anon. Your best defense of religion, right now.
>>
A big argument for atheists was that religion was in direct conflict with religion. This is proven wrong easily from the fact that Christian scientists that made up the majority of Nobel Prize winners in Chemistry and Physics in the past century (not even counting other faiths). Atheists cannot make an argument of oppression that they will sometimes use to revise or cast doubt on the faiths of scientists who believed in God in the past. Also, atheism does not somehow make a scientist a better scientist. There are countless contributions to science and its relative inventions that was founded by a person of faith. That is my only real conflict. Bill Nye, Bill Maher, Sam Harris, Richard Dawkins, Lawrence Krause, are among many that push this false narrative. Faith was actually motivation to many people who succeeded in the field of science. If you drove those people to nihilism it is possible civilization would be further behind. The worst thing that people of faith can do is allow atheists to get a monopoly in the field, and this is why I make this post. There seems to be a movement towards this goal.
>>
Buddhism is a strange one to fit in there. And no, Christianity is where you go when you give up. It shouldn't be strived for.
>>
>>36158512
>saying "we don't know" is exactly the same as asserting the existence of an unfalsifiable magic sky wizard!

wew lad
>>
>>36158533
>they want the extinction of all whites
White people are the only ones that give a shit about jews. Blacks/spics/asians dont give a fuck and would slaughter them if the need arouse.
>>
>>36158538
no, you fuck off, dumbass mind-cuck
>>
File: 1461637289045.jpg (426KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1461637289045.jpg
426KB, 1200x1200px
>>36158563
Blacks and spics don't care as long as you give them their food stamps, Jews have already infiltrated Asian countries and they can always use white people's power to attack them
>>
>>36158553
>thinking that because there have been religious scientists, science is in no conflict with religion

lol have you ever heard of compartmentalized thinking, anon? How about intellectual dishonesty?

Science makes concrete objective claims and must have empirical evidence to verify them.

Religion makes concrete objective claims with no empirical evidence to verify them, claiming one must simply "have faith".

When science is found to be wrong, it changes to adapt to the new information, growing further closer to total knowledge. Science never claims to be infallible. NO claim is unfalsifiable.

When religion is found to be wrong, it denies it, either using rhetoric in attempts to claim it was never wrong, or ignoring the conflicting data entirely. Religion always claims to be infallible. ALL claims are unfalsifiable.

Science and religion are 2 completely different and incompatible doctrines. If you believe otherwise, you misunderstand at least one of them.
>>
>>36158600
Black people are mindless and violent and spics can be organised and violent. You think once all the whites are gone the average street nigger is going to give a fuck that jewish people arent "white"? They dont give a fuck about the lolocaust if you pump nothing but white hate into their heads they arent going to check if your dick is cut before slaughtering you.
>>
>>36158553
If a scientists needs a delusion to contribute to civilization that's his own weakness. It's not a good argument to keep religion around. Don't support mental illness.
>>
File: M'Anon.jpg (120KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
M'Anon.jpg
120KB, 900x900px
>tfw to smart to believe in a sky wizard
>>
>>36157518
>believing in magical sky daddies with zero evidence insted of science is smart
do I really need to refute this?
>>
File: 1472569707241.jpg (38KB, 482x510px) Image search: [Google]
1472569707241.jpg
38KB, 482x510px
>tfw to inteligent to believe things without proof
>>
>>36158657
lmao nice argument. you sure refuted me with that one
>>
>>36158673
Can you prove you are in love with another woman? No? Does that mean the love you feel for that women does not exist?
>>
File: 1381698764503.jpg (37KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1381698764503.jpg
37KB, 500x375px
>and then I said 'God is the same as the spaghetti monster'
>>
File: 1465898001954.png (110KB, 601x502px) Image search: [Google]
1465898001954.png
110KB, 601x502px
>>36158657
>tfw too smart to listen to all the "edgy" atheists and try to refute their arguments
>>
>>36158572
>using strawman arguments to promote degeneracy

fuck off KIKE
>>
>>36158687
Love is subjective, dumbass. Prove to me you like one band over another. Do you know what subjective means? Do you understand that subjective claims and objective claims require different methods of evaluation? Do you understand that assertions of the existence of god(s) are concrete, objective claims?

Rhetorical questions, moron.
>>
>>36158706
>not using "strawman" properly

fuck off MIND-KEK
>>
File: 60500_163552583661225_3761084_n.jpg (46KB, 416x359px) Image search: [Google]
60500_163552583661225_3761084_n.jpg
46KB, 416x359px
>oh yeah, would you also believe there's a teapot orbiting Mars? Haha checkmate Christcucks
>>
Christianity:
>evolved us from barbarians to advanced civilization
>united peoples and countries against foreign invasions
>united people in their own houses
>gave a meaning to life
>contributed to making europeans the most powerful group of people in the world

Atheism:
>destroys families
>materialistic and shallow
>in the absence of a god people will resort to worshipping other things (money and power)
>makes it possible you can let your wife's daughter have sex with Jamal when she's 13 and later get an abortion
>is the cause of the rampant degeneracy in today's western world
>>
>>36157518
woke af desu senpai
originafesf
>>
>>36158687
why would you believe god exists? because a book told you so? why is christianity correct but islam is wrong? I have just as much reason to believe the muslims as I do you. what about pagans? why are they wrong? explain why you think christianity is the only true religion
>>
>>36158757
Only Christ said he was the one and only path to salvation.
>>
>>36158723
Exactly. There are things that cannot be proven with our current understandings of the universe. Glad to see even you could grasp that.
>>
File: 1466383508596.gif (1MB, 400x280px) Image search: [Google]
1466383508596.gif
1MB, 400x280px
>>36158742
>>36158688
>Implying the GFSM and celestial teapot aren't valid analogies for demonstrating the absurdity of religious arguments
>>
>>36158757
Why would you believe the big bang existed? because a book told you so? why is the big bang correct but the primordial serpents are wrong? I have just as much reason to believe the primordial serpents as I do you. what about the titans? why are they wrong? explain why you think the big bang is the only true explanation
>>
>>36158757
>why is christianity correct but islam is wrong?
Because one follows the words of a devout man who lived a life of peace and sacrificed himself. The other follows a warmongering pedo.
>>
>>36158745

it's a shame that god isn't real so we're all atheist tho
>>
>>36158768
What you're not "grasping" is the point I was making. Again, concrete objective claims require different methods of evaluation than subjective claims, and assertions of the existence of god(s) are among the former.

Unless you're claiming god to be a completely subjective experience, you're in the wrong thread.
>>
>>36158794
There is no proof that God doesn't exist and plenty that His existence has made everyone into a better person. Why change now?
>>
File: M9hF2kA.jpg (534KB, 2136x3216px) Image search: [Google]
M9hF2kA.jpg
534KB, 2136x3216px
I gave my mother a verbal beatdown until she gave up and admitted she could prove god was real. That'll teach her for believing in something greater than herself.
>>
>>36158794
So you're admitting the world is a worse place due to atheism?
>>
>>36158810
God does not exist in the same way that a chair or a car exist in our world, he exists outside of our framework, we have never seen anything like God to be able to understand how and why it exists (if such a thing were even possible), it's like trying to understand more than 3 dimensions, our brains aren't made for that.
>>
>>36158790
>implying I think the big bang theory is true
nope. I don't know how the universe was created. it's stupid to think you know how it happened when there's little to no evidence
>>
>>36158776

If you don't tip your fedora after every comment, is it still valid?
>>
>>36158811
you don't have a choice, read nietzsche

>>36158826
yes
>>
>>36158792
The Buddha said better shit than Jesus, and didn't condone the Old Testament barbarism.

I guess Buddhism's better.
>>
>>36158836
like cthulhu?

is god cthulhu?
>>
>>36158855
>The Buddha said better shit than Jesus
And what did he inspire anyone to do, other than be annoying faggots?
>>
>>36158792
so what you're saying is that you'll believe anyone who has good morals no matter what kind of bullshit they tell you
>>
File: 1490726635450.jpg (47KB, 408x580px) Image search: [Google]
1490726635450.jpg
47KB, 408x580px
>>36158844
>you don't have a choice, read nietzsche
>>
>>36158855
Buddha never claimed himself to be the alpha and omega, or in lay man's terms, GOD.
>>
>>36158871
>you'll believe anyone who has good morals
Are you seriously comparing 'anyone' with Jesus, whose words and actions have affected billions of people? And who the fuck even has good morals these days, everyone just makes excuses or glosses over the degenerate things they do.
>>
>>36158836
Natural does not necessarily equal concrete objective assuming god(s) exist. I never said it would be just like a chair. It remains a concrete objective claim. In fact, if such an entity existed, it would be the MOST concrete objective thing in existence, since its existence would take primacy over all other concrete objectivity.

>we have never seen anything like God

I guess you don't believe in the Old Testament then.

All this and you haven't even so much as defined your god.
>>
>>36158870
The same shit as Christians or any other religion, just a lot more chill.
>>
>>36158906
By applying definitions and labels to God you are saying "you're part of our world" which he is not.
>>
>>36158894
Claiming yourself to be god makes you better?
>>
>>36158915
>christian scientists make incredible discoveries
>buddhists smoke weed and annoy people at parties
Yeah really on a par
>>
File: friedrich NEETzsche.jpg (21KB, 474x528px) Image search: [Google]
friedrich NEETzsche.jpg
21KB, 474x528px
>>36158884
sorry anon it's a trite response but that's because it's so widely accepted at this point
>>
>>36158843
If you don't post a pic of a guy in a fedora in every autistic shitpost, is it still valid?
>>
>>36158926
Jesus did miracles and reincarnated himself.
>>
File: 1462052911923.jpg (44KB, 550x404px) Image search: [Google]
1462052911923.jpg
44KB, 550x404px
>>36158939
in before some fedora sperglord asking for proof
>>
>>36158902
so have the words of Hitler. should you believe him?
>>
>>36158928
>christian scientists

How did Christian ideology contribute to literally any scientific discovery? I'm not asking which intellectually dishonest scientists happened to have BEEN Christian, I'm asking what Christianity itself contributed to the scientific discoveries.

Also, you know the Chinese - which are predominantly Buddhist - invented a lot of shit, right?
>>
>>36158955
i don't believe hitler ever existed haha burden of proof hitler fags
>>
hey christcucks, if god exists why am i here? He may be an ever-loving deity in the original jewish version but with all these mistranslations and edits he's basically worse than satan! It all was basically a jewish trick to turn the patrician rome into the mess that was middle ages. Buddhism is a spook too, but at least the morals are good. Also agnosticism is for wimps, per http://harmful.cat-v.org/society/religion/agnosticism
Really it should be antitheism/atheism/theism but fuckin christcucks fucked it up!
>>
>>36158917
lol no, by applying definitions to god, you're saying "you exist and make rational sense"

that was god damn pathetic, anon
>>
>>36158939
Oh, he did some magic tricks? So did just about every religious icon, ass burger.

Muhammad flew to the moon on a winged horse. Did Jesus ever do that?

>>36158949
I want proof, you autistic sperglord.
>>
you're all fucking retarded, you're all going to die and any meaning you apply to life is only yours and ultimately means nothing.
>>
>>36159030
that is only if you are a fedora who thinks there is no after life
>>
>>36158955
>a few million people over a decade
>billions of people over 2 thousand years
come on
>>
>>36158974
The entire culture that allows science to thrive? Instead of you know, communist china or muslim land.
>>
>>36158974
The Chinese copied shit
>>
>>36159043
>silly atheist, whoever has the most followers is automatically right because all people are really smart and never believe lies
>>
Is there evidence that Jesus existed? I dont mean that he was divine just that he was born and died etc/
>>
>>36159045
>The entire culture that allows science to thrive?

We can thank the ancient Greeks for our intellectual foundations of rational inquiry, you abject dumbshit, not Christianity.

You morons christwashing history is getting ridiculous. I bet you think the United States of America was founded on Christianity too.
>>
>>36158974
You know the church has been appointing scientist to further understand God's creations for centuries, right?
>>
>>36158464
>You can't use a method made for discerning concrete objectivity on an abstraction, dumbass.

That's exactly his argument, why the swearing though?

ITT: Atheists claim to hold a civilized debate while swearing at christians.
>>
>>36159068
>silly Christian, I convinced 3 of my friends to get pizza instead of Taco Bell, I guess I'm as good as Jesus now?
>>
>>36158492
Yes, it does.
Everything is going down, going to be still. Ever heard of the third law of thermodynamics and enthropy?
>>
>>36158933

Someone's angry mommmy didn't get him his tendies this morning.
>>
>>36159110
lol you mean making sure scientific discoveries don't interfere with the Church's teachings and denying them when they do until like Evolution it finally gets to the point where denying such a strongly-supported fact is making for bad PR for them and they change their official stance to lazily co-opt it as long as people still accept the bullshit Adam and Eve story which their entire religion is founded on?
>>
>>36159125
what? I don't understand your argument
>>
>>36159115
Are you really not understanding the argument either? My point, for the third time, is that since god is asserted as a concrete objective truth, NOT an abstraction, he has to use the proper methods to discern whether it exists or not.

>atheists are so mean!

Get over the bad words, pussy. They're the least offensive things I've said in this thread.
>>
>>36158605
They are not. Religion is based on logic and honesty, it's a (one of many) valid conclusions after a number of phylosophical thoughts / argumentations.

>Science makes concrete objective claims and must have empirical evidence to verify them.
So far the theory.
Sience is not always as honest as it's being displayed; just look at radiocarbon dating or evolution. These two for example are the base of so many conclusions about the past but yet are to be proven and to be recreated.
>>
>>36159146
Those laws only hold sway WITHIN our universe. There's no good reason to believe they necessarily hold true for whatever we emerged out of. Our current models completely break down when we try to reach the moment of the Big Bang. To think what we currently know of what we see around us applies to it is conjecture at best.
>>
Cant wait for Islam to take over and all the atheists realise how good they've had it.
>>
File: ptsxism6yiny.jpg (373KB, 737x1024px) Image search: [Google]
ptsxism6yiny.jpg
373KB, 737x1024px
>>36157692
IDK about that man. I made a commie thread a week or two ago, it wasn't met well. But that may have been the /pol/ cucks coming out of the wood work
>>
>>36159295
They will just have an intellectual debate with the Muslims
>>
>>36159261
>Religion is based on logic and honesty

My ENTIRE ass.

>it's a (one of many) valid conclusions after a number of phylosophical thoughts / argumentations.

Give me even one.

>Sience is not always as honest as it's being displayed; just look at radiocarbon dating or evolution. These two for example are the base of so many conclusions about the past but yet are to be proven and to be recreated.

I didn't think there were many serious theists who denied the fact of evolution. I guess you could be one of the unserious ones.

Have a read.

http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/article/evo_01
>>
>>36159295
Yeah and then all us "militant" atheists as you butthurt Christians like to call us will actually have to get militant.
>>
>>36159337
>will actually have to get militant.
Kek you'll end up praying 5 times a day so as not to offend anyone.
>>
>>36158906
>>we have never seen anything like God

>I guess you don't believe in the Old Testament then.

I guess you didn't read the Old Testament then.
>>
>>36159362
Nah our "moral-less" asses will just nuke them with no fear of hell.
>>
>>36157518
>You won't be able to tell the difference between 1 million light years and 2 million light years.

Light years aren't a measurement of time, dumbass. If you were intelligent, you would know that.
>>
>>3615907Other people from that time wrote about him, so it's historically approved that he did live.
>>
>>36159383
And yet it's godless modern progressive countries like Sweden that are bending over most for Abdul.
>>
>>36159432
Secular=/=pussies, anon. Look at the U.S.. They just happen to be both. And a super-godless country like North Korea's threatening to nuke everybody.

I guess they do worship the Kims exactly like gods, though.
>>
>>36159431
Like who? I've heard of one questionable guy who didn't see him directly. Who else who isn't in the Bible?
>>
Things are changing. Atheists used to be the main belief system, now they're considered brainlets.

Why Christianity after Buddhism though, I wonder? Both are great in their own ways, except The Bible is often taken literally when it's mostly metaphorical.
>>
>>36159506
>Atheists used to be the main belief system

lol literally when?

Atheism is massively on the rise since the dawn of the internet. A truly open marketplace of ideas is poison to religion.
>>
>>36159545
>lol literally when?
I guess it still is, but what I'm saying is that it seems to be quite rapidly changing.

>marketplace of ideas
A literal pile of shit looks great to a fly's mind.
>>
>>36159420
>implying he implied
>>
File: 1423704484808.png (33KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1423704484808.png
33KB, 640x480px
>>36159506
>Things are changing. Atheists used to be the main belief system, now they're considered brainlets.

Only in your delusional little bubble reality, christcuck. Atheism is on the rise while christians are shrinking.

Your "le fedora meme xDDDD" doesn't cover the fact that you are all literally insane and have no arguments to support your outrageous claims. The west became powerful when it began to look at the world through the goggles of reason and scientific analysis, before that was the christian dark-ages.
>>
>>36159584
>A literal pile of shit looks great to a fly's mind.

Great analogy for religion, anon.
>>
>>36159496
Josephus
Tacitus
Mara bar Sarapion
Suetonius
>>
File: 1330839496286.jpg (60KB, 649x650px) Image search: [Google]
1330839496286.jpg
60KB, 649x650px
>>36158666
>>36158657
>>36158688
>>36158742
>>36158816
>>36158884
>>36158929

>If you can't win an argument shout fedora at the top of your lungs over and over.
>>
>>36159649
thats the plan, so what?
>>
>>36159642
uh huh. So did they also claim write down their accounts of Jesus decades after his death like everybody else?
>>
>>36159610
>Only in your delusional little bubble reality, christcuck. Atheism is on the rise while christians are shrinking.
Sauce?

>The west became powerful when it began to look at the world through the goggles of reason and scientific analysis, before that was the christian dark-ages
The world is in the worst state it's ever been in, thanks to cold, uncaring left-brained brainlets. There needs to be balance. If you just rely on the logical part of the mind then any planet is doomed to greed, control, manipulation and ultimately self-destruction, as well as secret societies withholding the universe's best kept secrets. Spirituality brings in the love and union aspect so this doesn't happen.
>>
>>36157635
9 times out of ten the ascending brain meme is bait.
>>
>>36159733
>Sauce?

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2016/04/160422-atheism-agnostic-secular-nones-rising-religion/

>The world is in the worst state it's ever been in, thanks to cold, uncaring left-brained brainlets. There needs to be balance.

Vacuous horse shit for 200, Alex. Have you never looked into secular moral philosophy? The kind of thing that pulled you dumbass Christians kicking and screaming away from your little witch-burning fetishes?

Even moral philosophy is improved by removing religion.
>>
>>36159678
>uh huh.
did you tip your fedora writing this?

no they were contemporarian with jesus and wrote their stuff around that time.

Also why would they write years later about him if they didn't believe his teachings? They wouldn't.

They did write about him because he caused some troubles at the time, that wouldn't be worth mentioning years after his death.
>>
>>36157518
i wonder if anyone here has heard of quakerism
one of the commonly practiced forms of worship is called waiting worship:
quakers literally sit in complete silence together, speaking only if they feel led by the divine
the worship typically lasts for an hour, but can obviously go for much longer

pretty robot to just sit in silence. i guess meditation in general is pretty robot, too
>>
>>36159905
That all accounts of Jesus were written decades after his death doesn't bother you in the slightest?

That you can actually go through the Gospels in order of the time of the written accounts and see the development of a more and more audacious legend doesn't bother you at all?

Listen to Dan Barker.
Thread posts: 152
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.