[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm writing a police novel called "The Night Liam Died"

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

File: Security-MD-1-300x300.jpg (29KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Security-MD-1-300x300.jpg
29KB, 300x300px
I'm writing a police novel called "The Night Liam Died" and I need some help with something.

Let's say my character, Roderick Vaseline, needs to get a gun inside of a building with a metal detector. He uses a fake cast on his arm and when he passes through he says "lmao i have some metal screws on my arm because surgery..." and they let him pass but he has a hidden gun. He goes to the bathroom, kills the senator L. Sanchez, waits for the security shift to change so they don't recognize him and leaves without cast and leaving the gun too.

Is this feasible? How can they know you don't have a gun inside of your cast?
>>
It wouldn't work. Every metal detector that isn't from the 70s is able to detect the size of the metal. Also I don't know what comically sized cast would be able to have both your arm and a gun in it. And I don't know how your character is planning on "hiding" in a building after a senator just got killed. The building would go on lock down and nobody is leaving, not even security
>>
3d printed gun with caseless ammunition.
>>
>>36143921
The metal they they stick inside of you gets picked up through the detectors?
>>
>>36143974
It's a completely disarmed .22 caliber small gun, he assembles it in the bathroom from a bunch of parts he took with him in the cast.
So it's not one big chunk of metal, it's several pieces scattered around the cast.
And about the sound, he makes the fire alarm activate before he shoots the gun, the noise goes unnoticed. I can't tell you every little detail of my book or you will steal it.
>>
>>36144005
Depends on the amount of metal used usually.

If it is enough to set off detectors you will usually get a card stating that you have materials in your body that can set off an alarm. You show that and then they will check you to see if its only that part of the body that sets things off.

t. got a metal Sternum
>>
>>36143974
this, and thus Roderick would be suspicious, and linked to the case of the senator's death.

>>36143993
this sounds badass as fuck dude, do it.
>>
>>36144079
>And about the sound, he makes the fire alarm activate before he shoots the gun, the noise goes unnoticed.

Lol that's absolutely ridiculous you think that. Have you ever fired a gun?
>>
You'd be better off going with a knife. A flat one would more feasibly fit in the cast plus the assassination could be quieter, the chances of a gunshot going unheard are slim to none. Look up if obsidian or ceramic knives can get through a metal detector
>>
>>36144079
>or you will steal it
what.
that might work then, but don't forget that the building will get locked and >>36144106
>>
Roderick Vaseline? are you even trying?

this is too stupid to be real
>>
>>36144079
I still don't know how the fuck you're planning on hiding a disassembled gun in a cast. People will know that it looks unusually huge.
>>
>>36144079
you better make the gun silent, believe me they're really loud.
>>
>>36144181

Even with the best silencers his gun would still sound like this

https://youtu.be/eJQHCNZIlH0?t=178
>>
>>36144265
a fire alarm wouldn't be able to cover that sound for sure.

is op still in this thread? so many holes found in his plot in a matter of minutes holy shit.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (79KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
79KB, 1280x720px
>>36144106
He's a russian agent, he doesn't give a fuck, he gets a facial surgery afterwards to change his appearance.

>>36144112
Have you ever shot a .22?

>>36144149
Fake name, his real name is Travis Kirby.

>>36144152
See pic related
>>
>>36144265
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVJ0m2Z8YBE
It's not that loud, it sounds like a lightbulb exploding.
Thanks for the ideas for my book, I hope some of you will find it on shelves some day.
>>
>>36144356
>is op still in this thread?
Yes.
>so many holes found in his plot in a matter of minutes holy shit.
Why do you think I'm asking for help?
>>
>>36144372
that actually might work, don't forget the fact that the building has been locked down though, gl with it.
>>
>>36144265
>what are subsonic rounds
>>
File: SDRMOB.jpg (109KB, 634x580px) Image search: [Google]
SDRMOB.jpg
109KB, 634x580px
>>36144482
Why are you pretending to be me?
>>36144514
Thanks, working on it as we speak.
>>
>>36144563
??? This isn't me
This looks ridiculous
>>
>>36144482
no problem with that pal, I'm just surprised since I read your text and it seemed pretty fine at first.
>>
File: 7FbNKhh.gif (1020KB, 320x204px) Image search: [Google]
7FbNKhh.gif
1020KB, 320x204px
>>36144079
i'm not sure you're aware how large a .22cal handgun can still be..
>>36144372
you have frame, barrel, trigger assembly, slide.. not to mention magazine; i mean, you're best off sneaking the fucking thing in through some 'service' entrance even then.
a gunshot will still be heard in a building even if it's a .22; want it to be next to silent? now you got a silencer that's as big as the slide.
>>
>>36144563
>docuemtns
I think that the moment the fire alarm would start ringing, there would be agents running to the the Senator's room to ensure his safety, did you think about that possiblity? I mean, those agents are hired to protect their bosses and superiors.
>>
>>36143921
Have him enter the building in an electric wheelchair, with the gun disassembled into the smallest possible parts and scattered through different parts of the chair.
>>
>>36144589
why is there an autist pretending to be you then...? brb going to eat something.

I enjoy these plot proofing threads op, please do more.
>>
>>36144589
Oh, hey Megan.
>>36144699
I will be rewriting to include this detail, but in the draft I have it was a quick enough kill they didn't know it happened.

>>36144622
>you have frame, barrel, trigger assembly, slide.. not to mention magazine; i mean, you're best off sneaking the fucking thing in through some 'service' entrance even then.

Roderick is very skinny so he has a lot of space between the arm and the cast, I worked as an assitant nurse for a while and let me tell you could put a lot of shit of the cast was thinner. Remember this one is made specifically to hide a gun, not to keep your arm from moving so naturally it works great to hide a small gun.

And he doesn't care about the noise. No one notices it, i could be a explosion.
>>
>>36144731
is the character actually paraplegic or just pretending to be for the mission?
>>
>>36143921
My dad's uncle had a book written about himself and then a movie made from the incident as well if you want to watch or read to see how a somewhat successful old school book did it
>>
>>36144731
>>36144771
that's kind of stupid, the character has to walk into it, or it's not a cool scene like in my head, a wheelchair represents weakness.

Anyway, I still need to work on how he gets away, suggestions? I don't think they would lock up the building, if it was a real fire everyone would die, hahaha.

Maybe he starts a real fire.
>>
Why does he need a gun if he has a cast? That shit is a rock solid batter baby.
>>
>>36144754
if the whole point is to conceal a concealable firearm, fire one or two shots, leave it there and leave.. why not just a derringer?
it'd be more comfortable and less of a pain, plus he could just shove it in there assembled and loaded and pull it out as he gets to sanchez' door.

perhaps after he does that he goes to the restroom to take off the cast and as he just gets done he has an encounter with security that he needs to fool to escape
>>
>>36143921
>Roderick Vaseline
>>
>>36144918
>derringer
Hose look bigger than a .22, I never fired one of those.

>>36144967
Like I said,it's the assumed name for the mission. Travis Holmes is his real name.
>>
I played the latest Hitman game so I'm a bit of an expert on this topic.

There is a gun that doesn't get detected during a frisking.
Alternatively just throw a gun on the floor and a guard will bring it inside and place it in a box.
>>
>>36145025
>game
I'm writing a book, you fucking child.
>>
>>36145056
Easy now. Games have stories in them. There's no reason something that works in Hitman wouldn't work in a book.
>>
>>36143921
where would he hide after shooting the senator? why wouldnt he be seen shooting the senator? Why isnt the building on lockdown?
>>
>>36145191
read the thread please original comment okay go
>>
>>36143921
I wouldn't worry too much. Normies are fucking stupid and most would just accept that without a second thought, and those that don't would think it's "cool" and like it.

It's like you're getting hung up about the logic of something, when in mainstream movies and books, much, MUCH stupider shit is commonplace and is accepted, liked, and thought to be "cool". Like the fact that you've already put this much thought into it, is far more than typical writers do.

>*hammers at a keyboard* CHAKA CHAKA TACKA CHAKCA
>"I hacked into the government, because I invented the security system."
>>
>>36143921
What if you make the arm and cast a robot arm instead? No-one would stop a man from bringing his right arm and then he could shoot with it like Megaman.
>>
File: Ahmed.png (449KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
Ahmed.png
449KB, 512x512px
>>36143921
>ask how to get a weapon inside a secure building
>for a novel he is writing
yeah right. we onto you Ahmed.
atleast tell us where not to go when you execute the "novel"
>>
>>36145267
WHAT THE FUCK!!! MY NAME IS AHMED!!!!

>>36145281
Thanks, i'll keep it in mind.

>>36145348
That's stupid. Only a weeaboo or a retarded Japanese would think of something like that.
>>
>>36143921
>"The Night Liam Died"
Give up OP. You have absolutely 0 creativity
>>
>>36145369
>>36145411
OF COURSE IT IS
terrorist detected
>>
File: plot.jpg (63KB, 634x548px) Image search: [Google]
plot.jpg
63KB, 634x548px
I honestly need to fill up a lot of holes as I started writing the ending, it's a trick that the taught us in film school.
>>
>>36145483
Nice bookie boy
>>
>>36143974

What about a lead lined cast? Wouldn't that work to block the detector?

And OP, what about a ceramic gun?
>>
>>36145865
>what about a ceramic gun?

Never mind, doesn't exist.

http://www.cracked.com/article_19781_6-stupid-gun-myths-everyone-believes-thanks-to-movies.html
>>
>>36145483
Your writing comes off as really stilted, like you should use "blood-covered shotgun" instead of "covered in blood shotgun"

Read what you've done out loud, because I sure as fuck wouldn't force myself through an entire book of that shite.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.