[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How shameful is it to not know how to drive stick shift/be bad

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (381KB, 1254x837px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
381KB, 1254x837px
How shameful is it to not know how to drive stick shift/be bad at driving stick shift?

ive only done it once on a old pickup and it shut off on me a few times and would jump when going into gears.

am i hopeless
>>
>>36141044

It doesn't matter at all.

The only people that care are faggots that have no other skill which the majority of people do not also have and they need to feel special.

If you don't feel like learning how to drive standard it matters about as much as no learning how to knit. You can go to the fucking store and buy clothes and you can drive an automatic and your life will go on all the same.
>>
>freedom citizens who think driving stick is some fucking passage way into cool car guy culture
Dont fall for it. Grandmas on the other side of the world drive stick.
>>
>>36141044
Automatics are better just like electric toothbrushes are better
>>
it is a fact that those who are good at driving manual transmission are better lovers in bed than those who are not
>>
>>36141044
Only Europeans and teenagers care.

It's not a hard skill to learn and it doesn't make you any better than someone else.
I've been driving stick since my first car when I was 17. I just bought my first auto two years ago and can't believe what I was missing.
>>
>>36141284
For god sakes. If any you have a Facebook memify this quote and spread it like a disease on naive car groups.
>>
>>36141189
Not always, old autos tend to be rigorous gas guzzlers.
>>
>>36141284
>>36141420
Kek please do this
>>
>>36141044
if you're an enthusiast, or like to have full control of your acceleration, it's great.
if you just drive to get to where you need to be, then there's no reason to bother with it. I've only owned stick shift cars, because I like it but i can easily see the utility in automatics.
>>
File: 1423057039446.jpg (62KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1423057039446.jpg
62KB, 500x500px
Yes, if you ever admit to being unable to drive a manual, you will likely be shamed for it. It's shitty but that's the way people are. The convenience vs control debate always breeds elitism on both sides.
>>
>>36141044
You have to be pretty retarded to insist on performing a task a computer will do just as well, if not better. Realistically, no one will give a shit.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.