[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was the last year you remember being happy? for me it was 2007

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

File: header.jpg (15KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
15KB, 460x215px
What was the last year you remember being happy?

for me it was 2007
>>
2007 but not for Portal; for Runescape.
>>
File: minecraft-graphic.jpg (38KB, 468x204px) Image search: [Google]
minecraft-graphic.jpg
38KB, 468x204px
2012, when this comfy thing came out
>>
>>36140412
minecraft is pretty comfy but i really enjoyed it more in alpha
>>
>>36140412
Can't tell if you're seriously or not, but Minecraft was honestly one of my favourite games when it came out. Since around 2015 or so the community became much too widespread which resulted in people leaving and it being overpopulated with prepubescent children. It's sad, really.
>>
>>36140412
>>36140450
>>36140454
1.7.3 best days of my life
>>
>>36140412
>2012

When minecraft was "released" it was already cancerous and full of children. The time minecraft was good was from 2009 to mid 2011 up until 1.7.6
>>
>>36140490
i fucking loved minecraft alpha (maybe early beta?) even had a let play series which ran from 2010-2011

i always remember that i found the game through this review
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMW5HggSNC4
>>
>>36140504
I disagree, I would say it was good from about 2009 - mid 2014.
>>
>>36140412
Who else remembers the Yogscast? Jesus, their original Minecraft series, Shadow of Israphel, adventure maps, mod reviews and Tekkit series's were the shit!
>>
>>36140555
totally agree, as much as i cringe for watching them i enjoyed this series
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZezE9It6HE

cant believe they left it like this
>>
File: 1490453951237.jpg (119KB, 536x645px) Image search: [Google]
1490453951237.jpg
119KB, 536x645px
>>36140342
>2006-ish
One year before I mutilated my face (not telling, not that great of a story anyway).
I was supposed to look pretty decent, but my life went into a different timeline entirely.
If it didn't happen I certainly wouldn't have known about this place...
I would've been a Brad.
>>
>>36141231
Please tell. If you do i'll tell you the story of how I accidentally bricked my best friend and made him retarded.
>>
>>36141922
>I accidentally bricked my best friend and made him retarded
Alight, I became insane at the start of high school for reasons I still don't understand today, very self-destructive. I showered for 3 hours a day for years. You don't wanna see what that does to skin and hair. Think something nearing the ghouls in Fallout.
So needless to say, I lost the love of my friends and family, for a lot of reasons but mostly for, come on, who wants to look at that all day.
I'm relatively healed now, albeit with some missing parts.
I'm not saying I have none, but understand, eyelashes do more than just keep dust from your eyes. I'd trade a leg to get 'em back. They hold your humanity. The brain won't see a human ''soul'' when looking into lashless eyes. I'm serious, anyone reading this, remember that.
>>
File: blades.jpg (86KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
blades.jpg
86KB, 1280x720px
>>36140342
I really miss blades interface
>>
2010. A fantastic year for movies, games, and especially music.
>>
File: American Football.jpg (140KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
American Football.jpg
140KB, 1200x1200px
>>36140342
Summer of 2014.
>wake up
>mate picks me up in his car
>drive to College playing shitty music
>shouting along to the lyrics
>get to school
>spend my frees either hanging with the lads or watching movies
>drive home, same deal
>hop on xbox and play something or other
>if it's a Wednesday cycle to a local park and do a group fitness session
>feel my body getting stronger week by week
>Mondays/Thursdays go to cadets
>organise stuff for everyone to do
>help the kids who are struggling
>get home
>flop onto my back
>sleep without nightmares

I miss it anons
>>
>>36140342
I don't remember it.

orig
>>
>>36142217
Sorry to hear that.

Anyway one day me, my best friend and my prick big brother who's now in jail for dealing drugs and attacking someone with a baseball bat were all hanging out in an abanded building site near our house.

My and my best friend were both 14 and really looked up to him because we saw him as cool since he sat about and smoked weed all day.

Like I said he's a complete asshole and he told as about this game were one person would throw a brick in the air above the other person and they would have to count to five and then get out of the way.

He kept telling us he wasn't going to hang out with us unless we did it and eventually he convinced us too.

I bullied my friend into letting me be the thrower first and I somehow managed to actually throw the brick up perfectly so that it came down and hit him on the head.

He had to go to the hospital and got pretty severe brain damage from it and my brother managed to shift all the blame onto and made himself look like a good guy who tried to stop it.
>>

First year of Uni, still fit from the Air Force-days, self confidence still existing, girls were miring.
>>
>>36142898
Holy shit. How's Skullcrack doing now?
>>
>>36140342
You people will probably think I'm a normie but it was 2012 when CoD bo2 came out. I no lifed the game was top 100 on the leader boards and I felt like I finally was good at something.
>>
>>36142963
No idea. His parents pretty much hated my family after that and they ended up moving him into a special school so I never heard from him again after that.

I could probably find out but I really don't want to know. Damage like that never seems to get better and dealing with the guilt from it is hard enough without finding out that he eventually died from it or anything.
>>
>>36143058
Rough ride, man, sorry.
>>
>>36140342
2011-2012. last year of high school.
I didn't have any friends or anything, but my jr and sr year were comfy enough. i would just go to class, keep my head down, do the work, eat lunch and watch anime in the library, walk home, get my hw done in an hour usually, and work on programming, knowing that i had a lot to look forward to, and as long as i could grind through high school, life after would be great, and i would get rich.
test your psychic powers on how that one turned out.
>>
>>36142217
you can get fake lashes you retard. no one will even be able to tell.
>>
>>36142217
>>36143641
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGLn6d5ecvg
>>
>>36143154
well he's doing better than his friend i'd wager.
still, we all did a lot of stupid things growing up, i could've potentially hurt a lot of people. i'm just lucky i didn't, or didn't get hurt myself.
>>
>>36140412
The happiest I've ever been is legitimately when Minecraft came out. I remember how comfy it was, logging onto my favorite server and talking with friends from all over the world. Kids these days wouldn't understand what an amazing (and different) game it was back then. I'd do anything to experience that again.
>>
>>36143641
>retard
Rude.
I'm getting to it. First I gotta leave home to have the freedom to do this.
>>
>>36140555
I used to watch their shit daily. Looking back on it they were pretty much faggots, but they always seemed natural and seemed to just play for the sake of having fun.

Their best stuff was when they played a "challenge" type map like the hunger games or race for the wool. Autism aside, minecraft was the always shit when it came to custom games.
>>
>>36140342
Yea i'd say 2006-2010. Orange box was life for a couple years and CSS. Now games don't entertain me much no matter how much i try.

The older i get the more i lose hope and things get hopeless. At least i got drugs for now i guess.
>>
2009- everything that came after this year was just suffering and psychologic agony
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.