[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you freaks even know what "just b urself" really means?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: 1479153334769.png (152KB, 438x420px) Image search: [Google]
1479153334769.png
152KB, 438x420px
Do you freaks even know what "just b urself" really means?
>>
>>36136204
how do i be myself please i dont eve n know who i am
>>
>>36136227
When someone tells you to "b urself," they're telling you to stop fugging overanalyzing things and just act naturally. If you're an autistic pleb naturally, change it. Be who you want to be, and then when you're in social settings, just don't think about it.
>>
>>36136447
This is actually good advice, but no one is listening.
>>
>>36136674
I am listening, its just that telling someone to just "stop" over analyzing is bullshit, thats just how some peoples psych works
>>
>>36136447
>b urself
>unless you're someone nobody likes, then stop being urself
o-ok
>>
obtain a self-confidence and stop worrying about what other people think about you

the trick to this one is that you have to like yourself first, and also if you're autistic then it will only make things worse
>>
>>36136761
>b urself
>unless you're someone nobody likes, then you're fucked
o-ok
>>
>>36136761
>like yourself
No can do, friendo
>>
>>36136697
Then change your psyche. You may not have control over all your social anxiety, but saying you have no control over it is BS.
>>
I am so much better socially when I am drunk. I wish I could be even 1% of that when I am sober but it never happens.
>>
>>36136869
t. never had social anxiety
>>
Someone post the original picture.
>>
>>36136869
I do, but people acting like thats something you can just change in a moments notice is ridiculous, these are deep rooted problems that spawn from years maybe even decades of buffeting and theirs not many if any sure fire ways to fix it reliably
>>
>>36136702
>>36136800
What's important is that you like yourself. Then once you stop worrying, people stop caring.
>>
>>36137032
Then fix yourself gradually. Move at your own pace. Just don't give up on trying.
>>
>>36136447
>just act naturally. If you're an autistic pleb naturally, change it
This shouldn't have been as funny as it is
>>
>>36137091
I mean obviously, but isn't that what we're discussing, why the phrase" just be yourself" is derpy?
>>
File: 1487942872569.png (7KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
1487942872569.png
7KB, 225x224px
>need looks to have confidence
>looks make your personality
>"personality" gets your friends and pussy
>tfw jus bee urshelf involves not being a fat autismal fuck
>>
>>36137145
Act naturally AFTER you stop being an autistic pleb.
>>
File: 1479842962790.jpg (16KB, 361x330px) Image search: [Google]
1479842962790.jpg
16KB, 361x330px
>>36136204
It's roasty code for, "we'll never love you, get used to it."
>>
>>36136204
It means be what other people want you to be.
>>
Autism is part of my charm tbqhonest, it lowers the qts guards, I give off this creepy/loner vibe, which combined with my looks tends to give off the wrong impression about me, once I talk to them and my autism takes over they relax, and we just hit it off, it's amazing how treating them like they are one of the lads helps.

so in other words just be yourself if you are 7/10 or above
>>
Thats the stupidest advice ever.
Imagine You're a human thrown into the vast depths of an ocean. Naturally, You strugle breathing underwater and swimming fast an all. Around You, You can see all the fish and dolphins habing no trouble living there, having fun etc.
They see You having problems and they tell You that if "yourself" form doesn't work in that enviroment, You "just" have to change "yourself", like developing fins and gills.
Except it's not that fucking easy, it's almost impossible for You but they keep telling this.
They don't understand that they were born with factors ennabling them to swim freely, they don't see it because they never left the ocean and they are perfectly adjusted to living there.
That's what so annoying, just changing yourself is almost impossible if You don't have any help or perfect circumstances to do it.
>>
>>36137390
Can you honestly say you are exactly who you want to be?
>>
>>36137433
Your analogy is wrong because you're avoiding things in your control. Growing fins is something you can't change. Learning how to talk to people is something even autists can do.
>>
>>36137614
If You're a real autist, like me (aspergers) it's not that easy. Talking with someone isn't just saying words, it's also the tone, facial expressions etc. I can't notice these things, so usually when someone says something and I don't know how to react, I have two choices:
Treat it as a joke or treat it seriously. So to not be seen as someone who gets offended all the time, I take it as a joke. Simple example: if someone tells me I like taking dicks up my ass, I take it as a joke and add something like "of course I do, but only black ones, and 3 at a time, anything less than that isn't enough form me, darling". Thanks to that, my colleagues perceive me as someone funny, not a raging social outcast who gets offended
If You get easily offended and other people notice this, they will know they'v found themselfs an easy target. The downside to treating everything as a joke is they will never treat You seriously but at least they are laughing with You, notmat You.
Or that's what I like to tell myself.
>>
>>36137774
It's funny you think that way. You're so nervous and overanalytical that you stop being yourself and start being whatever you believe will give you the best reaction.
>>
>>36137614
Cont.
I described one situation here yesterday:
I was talking to a girl at my workplace, You know, cause YOU JUSTMHAVE TO TALK TO THEM (another stupid advice) and I've noticed she acts strangely. She kept using sophisticated words, didn't look at me at all and overall treated me like I'm her math teacher.
I asked her why does she talk like this (she was talking normally with anyone else, even joking with them) and she said she feels uncomfortable in my presence. People can sense if You're trying to be normie without actually being one.
And I wasn't doing anything stupid, just tried the usual smalltalk, how do You like working here, where do You live, what do You do in spare time. I was getting just single word answers and later that thing about me creeping her out, so I stopped talking with her.
It's not that easy anon, maybe You don't get it because You're not an actual autist.
>>
>>36137886
Of course, that's the point. I'm not a Chad, You know, being so confident that I don't give a fuck about anything cause I'm so alpha. Chads don't give a fuck because they now that they already have lots kf friends and nobody will even dare to talk shit about them or laugh at them.

I on the other hand have to watch out not to give anyone a reason to bully me or laugh at me. I'm already being laughed at by one guy at work, for working too fast. I just try do to my job, and he's laughing at me for being too involved(?) or something. He's the popular guy though so I can't challenge him.
>>
>>36138028
>being a wagecuck
OF COURSE PEOPLE ARE GOING TO LAUGH AT YOU!
>>
>>36138169
Well, I'm living in the UK but I don't have the chanxe to live off benefits because I'm not a britbong myself. But I get enough money to survive. I think.
Ok, anons, tell me, what doYou think, is 17000 pounds a year (before tax) a lot or not?
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.