[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Spend years thinking I look decent enough in the mirror >Find

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1424960949250.jpg (14KB, 345x365px) Image search: [Google]
1424960949250.jpg
14KB, 345x365px
>Spend years thinking I look decent enough in the mirror
>Find out at some point that mirrors are not legit, find a double mirror instead that shows how you truly look
>Left eye is a good inch higher than right eye, look like a deformed retard

Anyone else have any moments that crumbled what remained of their self esteem?
>>
wtf is this double mirror you speak of?
>>
>>36133353
this

I want to know about the double mirror and robot wont let me
>>
Had you never seen a picture of yourself? I doubt it's that bad.
>>
>>36133385
Basicall two mirrors facing each other at a 90 degree angle. It's also called a non reversing mirror.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-reversing_mirror

Just get a decent camera tbqh.
>>
>>36133385
take a straight-on picture of yourself with the camera on the BACK of your phone (not the front-facing camera)
>>
Wtf I tried this and look slightly better. Thanks OP for letting me know about this.
>>
>>36133463
desu could have been worse
>>
That's exactly what happened to me, now it makes sense why no one wants to talk to me.
>>
or take picture with front camera and mirror the image.
>>
>>36133463
This is how I found out my face is actually incredibly unsymmetrical.

Feels weird man.
>>
>>36133180
Tranny here. This is my whole fucking life. Enjoy your pain.
>>
File: 1489354361335.jpg (61KB, 400x386px) Image search: [Google]
1489354361335.jpg
61KB, 400x386px
To be honest it should be obvious you're unattractive just from how other people have treated you your whole life. Looks are everything.
>>
> be oblivious about how I look.
> Have childhood best friend.
> As we grow into adolescence, notice my friend getting each time more social attention, either from flirtatious girls/gay boys or friendly popular kids.
> Meanwhile I delve further into loneliness and invisibility.
> He gets his first kiss at 11, his first girlfriend at 13, loses his virginity at 14.
> We were still friends, but I could sense our friendship falling apart as he was outpacing me, and I simply could not follow his way.
> He tried to introduce me to his new friends, and take me to his new social circles, and trying to get me with girls.
> I was unable to make it work.
> Finally we just drift apart and stop talking.
It took me awhile to put the pieces together. We were so similar as kids. But he was handsome and I was hideous. He had the opportunities I didn't. Perhaps if I had a super friendly funny easygoing personality, i could have come around it. But I was just a shy ugly kid noone wants to be around.
>>
>>36133180
havent you used the camera of your laptop before? its basically seeing how other people see you
>>
>>36133463
The front facing one actually makes me look worse than the one on the back.
>>
There's A LOT of subconscious stuff that goes into the whole "look good in mirror but shit in photos"-thing.
1. The version of yourself that you see 99% of the time is in the mirror, from the same flattering angle every time
2. Brain subconsciously makes you appreciate faces that you are familiar with, including friends/family and yourself. It compensates for flaws and imbalances in symmetry, etc.
3. Brain subconsciously makes you dislike unknown faces. The unflipped version of you that you see in photos is very slightly "off" from the version you see in the mirror, which makes the brain exaggerate your supposed flaws.

It's all in your head. It's extremely hard for us robots to truly know how we are perceived by others, since we're not the kind of people who enjoy watching videos of ourselves. I've heard people claim that if you met a clone of yourself, you would not recognize him/her as YOU at first, because your own image of yourself is completely incorrect.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mere-exposure_effect

>>36135145
This guy is right. If you're not completely fucked in the head and have your autism under control (oh, right...), you can learn a lot from how new people react to your appearance and presence.
However, you can still have a good life even if you're not the Adonis you thought you were. Get your depression under control and shit will fall into place for you. There's more to attractiveness than simply aesthetics.

tl:dr it's not as bad as it seems
>>
I look good in the mirror and in the camera, but I'm 100% certain I'm deceiving myself. I get called handsome by random people often, but I still think they're wrong. It's pretty funny to me actually, on one hand I may be actually good looking, on the other I may be deceiving myself.

I think people are just being nice to me when they call me handsome. And I think I'm just being nice to me when I look at pictures of myself and the mirror.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.