[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has 4chan become a normie site?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: sandpaper.jpg (43KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
sandpaper.jpg
43KB, 1280x720px
Has 4chan become a normie site?
>>
File: 55281903462581.png (92KB, 1867x403px) Image search: [Google]
55281903462581.png
92KB, 1867x403px
yes
even normies use the term normies now which is really ironic
>>
>>36096277
Yes. But the transition is not full-normalfaggot.
Between 2012 and 2016, I would say 50-60% of the board was normalized.
Now, we're at 70%.
Wait 2020 to get 100%.
>>
it is heavy normie but they don't yet steer 4chan
there is good possibility here for propagandist normie adjusting for large scale societal impact (see trump)
>>
Nah me and my gf are both total robots
>>
>>36096277

It's been all downhill since Gamergate.
>>
>>36096277
unless youre famous youre a normie by default
>>
>>36096543
>/v/ ruining it for everyone, makes sense. Fuck you vidya faggots, had to cry too much about video games and invite a swarm of normies here
>>
i was listering to alex jones on the joe rogan podcast and alex jones just casually mentioned 4chan acouple of times and joe rogan probably was aware what it was too.

this still amazes me
>>
>>36096602
>dumb newfag can't greentext
Not impressed
>>
>>36096277
I sometimes go on 4chan at uni.
Most normies ask me what it is, and those who do know it only know it through news and the such.
Based on my analysis, no, 4chan is not a normie site
>>
>>36096538
>me and my gf
>are robots
Can't make this shit up.
>>
>>36096740
>biting this obvious b8 so hard

Can't make this shit up
>>
yes i think it has. i menctions it and some hot girl started asking me if i'm a normie or if i know what a normie is.
>>
File: WastefulPleasures.png (174KB, 500x367px) Image search: [Google]
WastefulPleasures.png
174KB, 500x367px
>>36096277
Roughly a quarter of the people here are normalfags on /r9k/, some food for thought I guess.
>>
File: images (1).jpg (5KB, 255x197px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
5KB, 255x197px
i'd say /b/ has been pretty cucked. still think /r9k/ is staying relatively strong honestly.
>>
>>3609627
I am a newfag to this site, so the line between what's normal and what's pure is very blurry for me (without my glasses.)
>>
>>36098942
You can click on post numbers if you want to reply to people, Dale.
Also people sometimes get triggered at namefagging.
>>
>>36096277
Yeah, this place is no longer the internet boogyman, i said some boards are most normie than other, for example i truly believe that /co/ /v/ and /vg/ have the most normie boards
>>
>>36096277
Yes and no.
Though we have an increasing number of normies, 4Chan's fame and content actually keeps a lot of the most normal layers at bay. Basically, what we get the most are edgy 12y/o and "brave" redditors/normies from youtube.
Also, the range of normification varies a lot through boards.

Now, back to the question:
>Is 4Chan a normie site?
No, it's not. We may not be in our best times, but there is still a vast difference between the average anon and the average tumblr/redditor, and an even bigger difference if you compare us to twitter/facebook.
In fact, as far as my knowledge goes, none of the chans are normie-friendly, tho 4Chan, for being the biggest one, is on the way of the normification.
If I had to say, by 2020 this will become a anonymous reddit, and from there on it will be a complete mess. For those that want to migrate before everything falls apart, now is the time.
>>
File: 1489967255231.png (696KB, 604x522px) Image search: [Google]
1489967255231.png
696KB, 604x522px
it was always a normie site. it's just that back in the day your RL identity didn't mean anything when posting online. Now people start their posts with, "as a _____". 4chan was where you could cut loose, post stupid picture and make fun of stuff. Now 1/2 of it's just weird alt right stuff and people take it seriously.
>>
>>36096641

same, it's always fucking weird to me to hear 4chan mentioned in casual normie conversation. I mean I know the "secret clubhouse" thing is a meme for a reason but I really do feel that way about it sometimes, it just seems so private and small when you're on it. but in reality millions of people use it monthly and probably the majority of those millions are normies.
>>
>one of the most popular websites in the entire world
>normie site
Well, gee, I just don't know.
>>
When gamergate happen all the wizards left. They went to in other chan.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.