[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Was in GT classes as a small boy >Grow up >Hit 13 >Friend

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: 200397018-001.jpg (51KB, 726x485px) Image search: [Google]
200397018-001.jpg
51KB, 726x485px
>Was in GT classes as a small boy
>Grow up
>Hit 13
>Friend spoke of atheism
>Go home and think about it
>Realize god's not real
>It wasn't much of a logical deduction so much as it was highly emotional
>Thought about how my father was a pedophile, and gave a great deal of thought to the kind of god that creates a man that desires his own daughter
>See that only a non-existent god would make a man in such a way
>In retrospect, I could have blinded myself if I had been taught that Satan tempts human beings
>20 now
>Blame my father for not shepherding me to Christianity as he was as a boy

I wish I was a Christian. Sometimes I fear it was inevitable that I'd become an atheist.

I've found I have a bad habit of digging until I find what's true even if it'll hurt me, but I didn't think at all when I was a boy.

If I were a Christian, I could gear my brain towards finding a girlfriend and reproducing in this world devoid of guilt. I could just say this existence is transitory.

Is anyone else an Atheist that wishes they weren't? I can't turn back now. I know too much, and the world synchronizes too well with evolution.
>>
>>36077873
>Was in GT classes as a small boy

stopped reading there, enjoy your mkultra brainwashing
>>
>>36077873
I feel robbed of something that's universal to most human beings. I've no semblance of spirituality in my brain.

I can't see a reason to attend funerals. The people are dead. Gone.
>>
File: 1487969315574.jpg (60KB, 1014x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1487969315574.jpg
60KB, 1014x1024px
>>36077903
>Tfw the CIA spiked everyone's food with MKultra

I always wondered why those classes had funding in the first place.

I believe it's a way for the government to track the mentally superior in their populace.
>>
>>36077873
I'm basically an atheist, but I've decided to be a christian anyway.
I don't know if I really do believe in God, but I would rather not throw away the culture of my people, and I would rather not succumb to degeneracy.
>>
>>36077971
>I would rather not succumb to degeneracy

That's funny coming from someone that's browsing the internet's butthole.
>>
>>36078015
Yeah, but I'm more so talking about actual degenerate actions.
>>
>>36077915
Have you considered seeking for that spirituality?
>>
>>36077915
>I can't see a reason to attend funerals. The people are dead. Gone.

Funerals have nothing to do with "spirits". It's a chance for the living to gather and share an experience around someone they cared about who is gone. It's commemoration.

I'm atheist.
>>
>>36078361
No, I can't connect to something that's not real in my mind.

>>36078409
I can't say it's purely commemoration for those that are religious.

It's like there's no reason to attend for the sake of other, living human beings.

Might as well throw a party and bring beer.
>>
>>36078464
>Might as well throw a party and bring beer.

Some people do that. But mostly people have somber funerals because they are sad.
>>
File: gaytheism+.jpg (410KB, 1000x995px) Image search: [Google]
gaytheism+.jpg
410KB, 1000x995px
>>36077873
>36077873
I was once an atheist once until I realize it's a cult of Scientism and atheist don't even bother to engage in philosophy at least because to them "who got time 4 dat shieet". You can only look at so many Hubble space telescope images and go "whoah" and feel atheist euphoria for long until you know it's shit. I don't know if this helps at all OP, peace
>>
>>36078543
If they're torn up over it, why go for commemoration with other human beings?

I believe there's more to funerals than that.
The only tribe to ever not bury their dead are the pygmies of Africa. It's something more.
>>
>>36077971
Me and you both

While I certainly believe in the moral teachings of Christianity, and I recently was baptised and starting going to church, I'm not sure I believe in God

I starting doing it for the same reasons you described
>>
>GT classes

Sorry, I'm not sure that is. European here.
>>
First of all, it's not too late. Read the bible, KJV. Read wikipedia and maybe conservapedia articles on Christian topics.

And Secondly, why do you think getting a girl would be easier if you were Christian? I'm a Christian and finding a Christian wife is my goal in life but it's not easy
>>
>>36078717
Gifted and talented classes.
Essentially classes for smart kids.
>>
You are an atheist because you chose to be, just as much as a theist choses to believe in god. It is very easy to be a Christian because an objective belief in god isn't necessary.

If you are that bothered, one of my friends was an atheist and is now a Christian. He said that the book "Rage Against God" was what set him along the path of Jesus Christ.

Can't speak for its validity, as I haven't read it, but he seems to think it's an incredible book.
>>
>>36078764
It's not easier, but it removes the need to morally justify bringing life into a meaningless hell-hole that gets harder to live in the older you get.

You can just say "Someday I'll be dead, and if I follow the word of my god, I will ascend to heaven."

It automatically gives you a purpose in this world. The absence of religion is the entire reason philosophy exists.
>>
>>36078793

Oh, that's just stupid. That's your government being to lazy to give proper education to everyone.

We don't really have them her. We have tiered schooling from a very young age.
>>
Hey OP, from the sound of it you might be interested in my thread over here.

>>36076829

If not, that's totally fine and I don't mean to hijack your thread or anything. It's just a suggestion. Take it or leave it.
>>
>>36078803
Thanks.
I'll check out that book.

I hope I can see something worth while.
>>
>>36078849
it's not stupid if your actually smart

too bad we're all slightly above average who got told by our parents how smart we are
>>
>>36078854
I've already been digging through philosophy.
It feels like trying to apply a band-aid to a gaping hole in a wall.

It's all thought. None of it is a feeling, so it's useless to me.
>>
>>36078717

In America, we have some really smart people and some really stupid people. We can't put Ladarius Washington and Wang Lin in the same class so we separate them based on scholastic ability. Gifted classes are where smart kids go and are actually taught by the good teachers while Ladarius goes to, effectively, tax-funded daycare until he turns 18 or gets tried as an adult.
>>
File: pistol.jpg (47KB, 403x392px) Image search: [Google]
pistol.jpg
47KB, 403x392px
>>36078841
>The absence of religion is the entire reason philosophy exists.

I read some dumb shit on /r9k/ but this comment takes the fucking cake.
>>
>>36078946
OP here.

That's not true.
For me, gifted classes only extended to elementary school, and then there was nothing.
>>
>>36078630

Yeah well obviously people have stupid superstitions. I'm not saying they don't.

But even for an atheist a funeral has purpose.
>>
>>36079012
Are you a practicing believer in a god?
>>
File: 1414053522412.png (413KB, 474x528px) Image search: [Google]
1414053522412.png
413KB, 474x528px
>>36079080

Nope, but I admit to being a Dualist.
>>
>>36079036
For me, without stupid superstitions, the worth of a funeral is vastly diminished.
>>
>>36079013

Where I grew up, we had gifted programs in elementary and middle school, then AP/honors classes in high school. The AP classes were a sweet deal. You actually learn, get college credit if you pass the exams, and you generally get separated from the niggers. Just can't say that because the one thing they don't want to teach you is how to recognize statistical anomalies and draw rational conclusions based on them.
>>
>>36079239
I took AP classes, but the people I sat with didn't belong in there.

They were in there because it was a sweet deal.

I got sick and tired of the reputation I had my senior year, and I dropped all of those courses to isolate myself from the people I knew. There were a lot of intelligent people in the regular classes. It was almost like there were more.

I never really learned anything worth anything in public school.

I don't know if I'll go to college though. I'll probably attend for marketing.

There's nothing else I can think of to do.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.