[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Please don't tell me you play video games on a computer.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

Please don't tell me you play video games on a computer.
>>
>>36076082
I want to
I plan on saving up my money from now on to buy the parts, I'm so tired of paying 60$ for an old game
>>
>>36076082
Paper specs are never equal though. Consoles have to hit a very, very tight price target and thermal envelope that PCs aren't restricted by.
>>
the fuck is he talking about

>>36076142
they also optimize the use of standard hardware
>>
>>36076082
Bait thread, too obvious. resubmit, try again
>>
>>36076082
>for the same spec

Well get back to me when consoles have 8gig graphics and 4GHz Quadcore PC standard peocessors

Of course by then PC will have advanced considerably again
>>
>>36076252
Is there anything sadder than someone going on about "muh hundreds on parts" and "muh graphics" when talking about games
>>
>>36076252
le pc masturd raec xd
>>
>>36076252
I'm playing Crash Bandicoot on PS1 right now and I'm having as much fun as I did playing Doom 2016 maxed out on PC with over 120fps.
Specs and graphics don't matter, the game itself does.
>>
>>36076437
specs and graphics matter given that you already have a good game.

They make good games better, but they don't make bad games good.
>>
>>36076382
Men above the age of 18 playing video games unironically.
>>
>>36076483
Yeah but still I don't really pick on games too much because of their shitty graphics.
>>36076514
What do you do for fun then?
>>
File: 20170221204232_1.jpg (445KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170221204232_1.jpg
445KB, 1920x1080px
>>36076082

Yes I do, because the mods for games are way better.

Pic related is done with skyrim mods
>>
>>36076382
With all the shit I have running on it for work the minimum spec required isn't much cheaper than an actual gaming pc anyways. Normal PC + console would likely be more expensive for me

Sure, a PC is more expensive than a console, but you also get more for your money

>>36076386
Yasss xD slayyy +1

>>36076437
Well your PS 1 won't run a current gen title, but a good PC will run any old game
>>
>>36076552
>What do you do for fun then?

Hahahahaha

Life is not "fun". But in my free time I work out, and play music.

I started music when I was 15 after having spent my childhood playing video games because I was short and ugly and thought if I learned music it might help me get laid.

20 years later I'm a wizard who is very good at multiple instruments.

So point being it really doesn't matter in the end. But I still enjoy playing music more because I feel like it's a "natural" pursuit.

I always felt like playing video games was just kicking around in someone's artificial little computer simulated sandbox.

I spend 8 hours on the computer a day at work already.
>>
>>36076687
>not having a full retro experience while still having a maxed out machine that plays AAA games on ultra
Emulators don't do it for me most of the time. Retro PC gaming is fun though, I've recently played Heroes III.

>>36076721
Good hobbies, I like singing although I'm bad at it. I still haven't found a range I can sing with ease.
>>
File: Screenshot-269.jpg (460KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot-269.jpg
460KB, 1024x768px
>>36076721

Also I can have sex in skyrim and sims 3, which are my 2 favorite games.
>>
>>36076082
I only play games on PC.

Problem?
>>
>>36076687
>the muh work excuse
Haven't heard that a million times
>>
>>36076437
i played crash 3 on the ps1 with my little brothers last summer and it was practically painful to look at
>>
>>36076159
he's talking about the fact that if all 3 used the same hardware, then consoles would run 3D applications the best because they have the best optimized OS for doing so
of course this is irrelevant because a console is never going to have cutting edge hardware
>>
>>36076082

pc master race peasant.
>>
>>36076850
>Have sex in video games

Does it make you feel better?
>>
>>36076950
>a console is never going to have cutting edge hardware
It doesn't matter anyway. A console can perform better with shitty hardware than a pc.
>>
>>36076082
>console gamer
>on /r9k/
hey you missed, pal!
>>
>>36076252
>Well get back to me when consoles have 8gig graphics and 4GHz Quadcore PC standard peocessors

The point is that consoles don't need beefed up specs to run games. A computer has to run both an operating system environment and the game; a console merely has to run the game, and maybe some minimal backend that manages any special software features that console might have. So the console requires less specs.

Although this is becoming less true as consoles continue to adopt large operating systems that can handle all the same tasks a standard home computer can.
>>
File: uwot.jpg (43KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
uwot.jpg
43KB, 600x600px
>>36076082
How can this tweet be true? Beyond the performance gains you get from shared memory, modern consoles can't actually be that much faster than equivalent PCs. The only big performance gain you could get is through targeted optimization, but there's no reason you couldn't do the same with PCs given some more development time. None of the major engines are 2x faster on consoles.

Or does he mean that console players are so used to shit framerates that you can get away with 2x more work done each frame?
>>
>>36076934
I like the full retro experience with CRT TVs and consoles, but mostly because of the aspect ratio and the 'feel' of old school gaming.
>>
>>36076082
Carmack would be right if console devs were worth a shit these days.

Console tech gets left in the dust quite quickly.
>>
>>36077025

Wow, keep it up, maybe someday you'll be believe this yourself :)
>>
>>36076850
>Also I can have sex in skyrim and sims 3

You mean your self-insert translesbian characters can have sex while you watch in jealousy, because this will never actually happen to you.
>>
>>36077025
Literally what. Are you saying it doesn't matter bc all anyone uses is shitty hardware? Lmao
>>
>>36077052
So you're just a retard that can't read
>>
File: 20170123220502_1.jpg (441KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170123220502_1.jpg
441KB, 1920x1080px
>>36076974

Yeah, I can basically live the life I want in those games. .
>>
>>36076950
If Windows + DX12 is more than 1% overhead I'll buy a hat and eat it.

>>36077095
10/10 argument so far, please continue.
>>
>>36076082
>built a computer once in my lifetime
>no old game consoles cluttering my space
>no paying for old games
>can cheat easily in old games
>can watch any movie and TV show for free
>case will last decades, if not centuries
>>
>>36077087
>translesbian characters

I don't make those. lol Although I have turned myself into a girl.
>>
>>36077135
Who cares? you're still a virgin lmao
>>
>>36076908

Why would you be asking a million plus people if they use a computer for work? Why would you want to? That's such a bizarre statement I'm having trouble figuring out your motivation. I can guarantee you that there are more than a million people who work with computers in some way.
>>
>>36077162
see >>36076514

no ur the virgin
>>
>>36077052

Its a joke, somehow the punchline is the 'on paper' part. I don't understand jokes but I recognize them. This one falls under the broad category of untrue things. Normalfags take great joy in making untrue statements then laughing about it. That's easy enough, the tricky part is not all untrue statements are jokes. I learned that the hard way after laughing at an untrue statement that was not meant to be funny. This hurts the normalfag's feelings, making the laugher an asshole for incorrectly determining whether the untruth was in jest or not.
>>
>>36077093
He's saying that with all things being equal the console will perform better which is also exactly what Carmack is saying
The usual PC cuck argument of "well if I spend 3 times more on parts and a few hundred on top of that for a monitor that actually supports my specs it will look better" doesn't apply since that's not what the initial statement is about
>>
>>36077211
>going for the literal autism defense
It's a figure of speech and you know it, this you flailing around because you have ever no argument
>>
>>36076082
the problem is they dont have the same specs, even if they did, are consoles just magically faster? if the parts are the same what makes it faster.
>>
>>36077289
This has to be one of the most bizarre jokes I've ever seen. I guess it must have made sense to Carmack though.
>>
>>36077289
Hmmmmmmmmmm..ummummmmum
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.