[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Isn't it amazing that you can experience one piece of music

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1490688731400.jpg (203KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1490688731400.jpg
203KB, 1280x720px
Isn't it amazing that you can experience one piece of music while another never does until their dies. That you can listen to sounds of different volumes and different frequencies in specific orders that provoke specific feelings. Isn't it sad that you will die never experiencing a drip compared to what's out there
>>
music is just the same 7 basic notes and their slight variations over and over. thats all music is. the same shit made differently.
>>
>Isn't it sad that you will die never experiencing a drip compared to what's out there

This is more terrifying than death to me. I've been on a mission to get my footing in this hobby for over a decade, and even still I feel like it's impossible to really have a good understanding. I feel like no matter how much music I listen to it's impossible to build some kind of foundation where I can feel comfortable. It always has me on my toes. That's what I love about it. I'd guesstimate my total number of albums listened to at around 30,000 so far but it's still the same as the first. My biggest fear after missing the treasure is going deaf. I think I could spend my entire life trying to get to first base and I'd get nowhere. Along the way I pick up sounds that are so important to me that it makes everything worth it. It always comes out of left field, right there where I wasn't looking. Just a face in the crowd passing by. Real treasure in every nook and cranny. I try not to stagnate and continue on leaving the treasure in the dust in search of more treasure so I can have enough to last me a lifetime, but sometimes it's nice to soak it in for awhile. I have the tendency to soak until it expires so I schedule myself out these days and set a goal of around 10 albums a day. All of that fear I feel that there is all this treasure to be found, the soulmate equivalent of SOUND, it gets canceled out by the underdog that was just passing by. I like to imagine the treasures that never get dug up before the board gets cleared and I disappear are playing in somebody else's ears.

Sorry if that was not very coherent.
>>
>>36075572
>7 basic notes
triggered.
>>
>>36075897
how many are there then, kid?
>>
I was watching this segment about this thing in Japan called the 'Way of Fragrance' where everyone gathers to sit and smell incense together as a group. There's a whole tradition behind it, but you can think of it as a type of Tea Ceremony for the sense of smell.

One of the people brought up something that I've never thought about: Two people can smell incense that smells like Cherry and they can both agree that the incense smells like Cherry, but Cherry itself as a scent might smell completely different to two different people.

I mean, I guess that's what preference is at the end of the day, but the idea that someone could be getting a different type of stimuli entirely from this object universally agreed to have x trait was interesting.
>>
>>36076536
It's the fact that we wholly communicate on assumptions, assumptions that we share same senses and see,hear,feel,smell the same things without ever really knowing
>>
>>36075850
I think you got across what you were trying to say well. This is a beautiful description of the feeling. This sort of thing can be extended to so much else in life, including maybe most obviously appreciation of other forms of media. No matter how much of it I consume, I still feel like a novice, like I'll never really grasp what is out there, like I'll die having missed so much.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.