[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone here still play the original Pokemon games? Why/why

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: truth.png (191KB, 893x1200px) Image search: [Google]
truth.png
191KB, 893x1200px
Does anyone here still play the original Pokemon games? Why/why not?

Do you prefer the newer or older games?
>>
>>36065355
The oldest one I've played is crystal. I mostly stick with newer games as they are released, or nuzlocke y.
>>
Haven't played much of Gen4 onwards.

It was fun trying to figure out what other pokemon would appear using the Mew glitch on other trainers.
>>
Emerald was and still is my favorite. That gen had the best Pokemons too.
>>
venusaur
>reply to this or your mother dies in her sleep tonight
>>
>>36065355
Sun and moon was very good, especially after gen 6 (which won't age well).
Gen 3 is probably my favourite.
>>
>>36065355
>every attack had at least a 1/256 chance of missing
There's literally nothing wrong with that. If you can have critical hits, then you can have critical misses.

DnD used to have this. Roll a 1 and you'll miss, no matter what. I think some versions used to make you suffer for it, too. Like you would hit yourself in the process.
>>
>>36065490
Firered master race
>>
I'm playing White 2/Sun recently
>>
>>36065561
DnD styled RPGs function very differently to JRPGs
>>
>>36065355
I am going to get Pokemon blue for Virtual console
>>
>>36065561
except some of the attacks explicitly said they have a 100 chance to hit. Do you realize how silly it would be if Earthquake missed?
>>
I've been playing Soul Silver on an emulator. Just reached Tohjo Falls, I've got a Typholosion, Dragonair, Haunter, Poliwrath, Umbreon and Lugia (swapped out by Togetic for it)
>>
>>36065822
>using legendaries
>swapping out based togetic
>>
>>36065814
Maybe they jumped at the last second?
>>
>>36065856
I needed a flying/psychic type and Togetic is just too damn slow. His extrasensory and sweet kiss did me wonders early on, but Lugia gets STAB on psychic moves and is just way better than Togetic in the mid-late game.

Umbreon is god-tier eveeloution though
>>
>>36065865
there's aftershocks. And if the animation is anything to go by, the earthquake lasts for a few seconds
>>
All of you: >>>/vp/
>>
>>36065355
I've got yellow on virtual console and it's still fun. While I do enjoy the newer games a bit more because some of the changes are really nice, playing yellow every once in a while is still a lot of fun.
>>
I'm almost done with Pokemon Moon, can't beat the super four
>>
>>36065355
Real subtle, OP. Lots of dead mothers tonight.
>>
File: 1491067891947.png (128KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1491067891947.png
128KB, 512x512px
>>36065355
you cheeky little fucker. i love mummy please dont die
>>
It's rough going back to gen 1. I'll occasionally go back to Gen 2, but nowadays I mostly play Gen 3 hacks.

I'm a huge pokemon fan who's scared for its future, and I much prefer the older games. I really liked having comfy pocket adventures on a gameboy and then going to a gamecube and playing a 3D adventure that was totally unique. Nowadays, it feels like they're bridging the gap, and it's not going over well with me. It's lost the cute, quick, handheld environment for the 3D storytelling and actions, but also lost 3D's uniqueness and charm for the jankiness of 2D. Idk, just, something's been lost in translation.
>>
File: 1491428063265.jpg (200KB, 778x675px) Image search: [Google]
1491428063265.jpg
200KB, 778x675px
>>36065521
Why would you do this? Oregenaloooio
>>
>>36065355
I played red for 6 hours the other day. I just stopped wanting to memorize more stats and types after 1st gen. I mean if I'm going to learn all that shit it might as well be something more useful and rich than a game (like physical geography or something)
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.