[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do any of you robots miss high school or wish you could do it

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: sato-san.jpg (84KB, 847x470px) Image search: [Google]
sato-san.jpg
84KB, 847x470px
Do any of you robots miss high school or wish you could do it again?

It wasn't a particularly enjoyable experience for me, but I liked forced social interaction better than the loneliness of college. I've been here for two years now, and I've made a singular friend out of pure chance. I wonder if I'd be better off if I socialized myself a bit more in high school. Who knows though... I'd probably end up much of the same.
>>
Japan had one of the best and most advanced education systems in the world pre-1945; this was destroyed by the introduction of the American style system and took decades to recover.
>>
>>36033061
I don't really miss school either but I do miss forced socializing, yes. College fucking sucks man, I really have no idea how people even make friends there.
>>
File: masketta shiggy.jpg (104KB, 1280x715px) Image search: [Google]
masketta shiggy.jpg
104KB, 1280x715px
>>36033061
Oh sure, I'd love to go back to being a bigger, less aware, retarded autist.
>>
>>36033061
I would like to do it again so I could actually focus on my studies, learn something and live a productive life.
>>
>>36033101
Right, that's why Japan produced so many great inventions pre-1945, like...uh...hang on a second....

It's weird how most of the important inventions of the past 300 years came from the UK, the US, and postwar Japan. Wonder what the connection is there.
>>
>>36033061
I never thought I would miss it, but I do. Life has only gotten worse since. I miss having scheduled socialization with other people my age.
>>
File: where has the rain gone.gif (481KB, 540x810px) Image search: [Google]
where has the rain gone.gif
481KB, 540x810px
>>36033238
>>36033109
I'm in the same boat as you two. I don't know how anyone makes friends without being forced into situations where you can't help but make at least one.
>>36033154
I feel like this is one that would be impossible for me. I really only learned about the joys of learning through some very inspiring professors in college, so I think in a different timeline I'd end up falling into the same traps as I have in this one. It would be nice if I could go back and take all those chances to enter the history fair or lead the computer club... I'll have to make do with this pathetic existence though.
>>
>>36033206
there was the rice cooker. That's a pretty cool one. I also like that japanese architecture historically has a lot of timber frame construction, and japanese woodworking influenced california craftsman appearance, which is one of my favorite styles of architecture for homes.

Oh yeah and I don't buy the idea that the japanese schools were so great when they were busy copying 200 year old dutch medical books in 1800s.
>>
>>36033206
Pre-1945 Japan was a world leader in medical technology, and in that vein had some really great inventions, like the swappable vacuum vial system that is still used today when you get your blood drawn. It wasn't some fucking savage backwards place where people couldn't do shit, it was arguably more "western" based on markers of modernity than some European nations.

>>36033101
You do realize the pre-1945 education system in Japan created by the Meiji oligarchs was based on the American system of education, and was always "Americanized". Don't pull shit out of your ass.
>>
>>36033061
I had OK high school experience. I barely have tolerance for college freshman as it is.
>>
>>36033911
You barely have tolerance for college freshmen themselves, or you cannot tolerate your experience as a college freshmen thus far?
>>
>>36033206
Without white culture they are doomed to fail.
>>
>>36033061
If I could send my current consciousness and memories back in time 10 years I'd do it in a second. I'd probably end up homeless due to being kicked out of my parents' house for not putting up with their overly manipulative bullshit, but my life would likely end up 1000 times better in the end.
>>
>>36033061
I'd go back if I could. High school was great, I was still a robot back then but no responsibilities. Basically went to school, talked with friends, came home and gamed, or went over to friends house. I'd give anything to redo those 4 years just so I could experience it one more time. Wouldn't even mind all the hw. Shit was fucking easy.
>>
Making friends in uni is so easy compared to high school.

>go to the cafe closest to your faculty building and work there. >Strike a convo with someone who sits near you if they don't seem busy and are alone. >Exchange social media
>Meet up later
>>
>>36033061
I hated it and I hate college. High school didn't require nearly as much effort but in college I don't have to get up as early.

I don't see what Japan fucking loves about it so much. Animation is a boundless medium where you can create whatever you want but they keep dragging it down to the most boring part of youth.
>>
>>36035108
I actually daydream about this a lot
>>
>>36035475
>>Strike a convo with someone
How
>>
>>36035475
>Strike a convo

that's a good way to get labelled as a creep
>>
>>36033061
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrxI_euTX4A

fuck highschool, its a shitty place and i never want to go back
>>
I don't have any sort of nostalgia for a high school life that never was, but the thought of going back and not fucking it all up is alright. I mostly kept to myself in high school, smart enough to just get by on minimal effort but still dumb enough to just get by on minimal effort. That sort of aimlessness didn't carry through to college, which I just went to in the first place because that's just what you do. With no passion and no purpose I ended up dropping out and living a life of nothing. If you spend enough time lost at sea you'll eventually die of exposure or dehydration or just drown.
>>
File: 1491195047191.jpg (70KB, 480x503px) Image search: [Google]
1491195047191.jpg
70KB, 480x503px
I attended high school in Japan. I didn't graduate, though. I wish I could go back and graduate since I know the language better now.
>>
I'd go back just to keep my cringey contrarian personality under control, and to take advantage of all the signs the slightly above average girls were throwing at me that I was too narcissistic to care about. But also to put my adult work ethic to easy as shit high school work to see how far I can go.
>>
If it were freshman year, I'd bust my ass to enter university for free. Fucking lazy assholes around me convinced me to lay off the hard work. I'm even worse for listening.
>>
>>36035283
I never noticed at the time, but it was the fucking dream man. Me and my few friends would gather at someone's house and just game/watch anime and homework was a breeze.

>>36036182
>all that easy poon I was too arrogant to go for
>tons of chicks wanted to bone me based on looks alone
>still a virgin
>>
I wasted my teen years on this site and I would do that again
>>
>>36033061
yeah because i'd give myself stock advice, become a millionaire, then retire at age 16
>>
>>36033061
Only senior year, first three were complete shit, but my last year was pretty amazing I managed to make friends and actually started doing normal shit with them, which all went away as soon as I started uni
>>
>>36036433
>tfw had gf throughout high school
>tiny ass deep south town and she was deeply religious so she wanted to wait til marriage
>decided to go with it since I actually really liked her
>turned down multiple other girls to "stay loyal" to her
High school me was the fucking retarded I wish I could go back and strangle that little shit
>>
>>36033061
I fucked my grades up so badly, I really wish I could do it again and actually care this time.
>>
>>36035475
>Strike a convo
t. normie
>>
>>36038257
>strangle that little shit
u mean sexually?
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.