[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you believe in god? Yes/No, the why is not important at all.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 9

Do you believe in god?

Yes/No, the why is not important at all.
>>
Not anymore
originallalalalalala
>>
>>36030094
More than one actually. My mums pagan and raised me that way too
>"HAHA FUCKIN LARPER"
>>
File: 1488825052653.gif (534KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
1488825052653.gif
534KB, 500x374px
Yea, I believe that Jesus is Lord.
>>
>>36030094

I am a god OP.
>>
File: 1490483245254.jpg (137KB, 692x984px) Image search: [Google]
1490483245254.jpg
137KB, 692x984px
>>36030094
>Ishizu pic.

OP, I am glad to see you have good taste.
>>
I perceive the fact of existience itself. This is enough. When\if i disappear i wont know it anyway, so its kinda like it cant happen..
>>
File: 1490713640222.png (332KB, 750x526px) Image search: [Google]
1490713640222.png
332KB, 750x526px
I don't know. Arguments for both are compelling, but ultimately, God seems impossible to perceive by definition, making every argument involving God seem self-defeating.

I HOPE there's a God.
>>
Yes.
Father, Son, Holy Spirit.
>>
Define believe in god
>>
>>36030094
only as far as having another enemy to kill after dying
>>
>>36030094
he probably doesn't exist, but if he ever did he's definitely not around anymore

if God exists, we're basically his webkinz
>>
Mostly Yes, I have doubts, but I've decided there's no point in not believing, so I'm just going to stick with it.
>>
>>36030214
Kids fap to DMG, adults realize Ishizu was the most beautiful girl in the show all along.
>>
>>36030872
This.
I had a crush on Ishizu watching the show as a kid.
>>
>>36030094
Yeah but he's objectively evil and you'd have to be delusional to worship him.
>>
>>36030094
I don't believe in God but I believe Christianity is fundamentally important to building a strong culture for a white society.
>>
>>36030936
Same. And i didnt even like the egyptian look back then. However it makes me sad that all her doujins are with Kaiba, seeing Kaiba fucking kills all my mood.
>>
>>36030094
No
t. Someone who thinks about it for more than 5 seconds
>>
File: Raja_Ravi_Varma_-_Dattatreya.jpg (2MB, 2304x3072px) Image search: [Google]
Raja_Ravi_Varma_-_Dattatreya.jpg
2MB, 2304x3072px
>>36030094
Lets see what we "know" about our universe: a shitton of matter turned into some planets, from those planets, a few ones managed to get life in them, and from that life, so far only one species managed to become intelligent (us). So a huge fuckton of waste to create some beings that evolve (like everything else that is alive) and wonder why they exist.

What can i conclude about God with this? Almost nothing. But more than an intelligence, it would seem as if God was a "will", a will of evolving and expanding and something like that. It doesnt seem good or evil in any case, just wasteful, like a kid throwing 100 stones to a wall in hopes one goes through a small hole and hits the other side. Thats all i can say. God is a will.
>>
File: 1449044515018.jpg (26KB, 205x227px) Image search: [Google]
1449044515018.jpg
26KB, 205x227px
>>36030983
Have you considered that you might be a mentally disabled failed abortion?
>>
>>36031096
You confuse God with nature.
>>
>>36031131
If God created nature, nature is the will of God. Its the same shit. Whatever happens in our existence its the will of god.
>>
>Ishizu

Good taste OP.
>>
>>36031096
I've recently did I thought experiment where I imagined what I would do as an omnipotent being. After some contemplation, I realized I would do a lot of things similar to what God supposedly does, such as creating life that has free-will to see what kind of interesting things they can do independent of me, and interact occasionally to make things more interesting. Maybe even turn myself into one of my creations and live with them for a while to get a personal experience with them.
A lot of what happens in the bible fits in with what an infinite being would do to make things interesting for themselves.
That's just my speculation though, make what you will of it.
>>
File: 1463205565939.jpg (538KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1463205565939.jpg
538KB, 1080x1080px
>>36031217
I did the same and i realized that eventually i would want to die. But i wouldnt want existence to die with me so i would "automatize" things. It makes me shudder that something like that could have happened with our creator and we have some rules on existence to keep us here but nothing else. Its also very exciting.
>>
>>36030094
Yes.
You're right, why isn't important. It seemed to be when the answer was no to me.
>>
Yes. I think some force we can't explain created the universe. That's God.

Alternatively, if those people who say we're a simulation are right, then for all intents and purposes the things that created and programmed us are also God. Either way, I believe in God.
>>
>>36031119
Have you considered that you might be a cucked piece of shit?
>>
>>36030094

I don't really care, I don't describe myself as something, but im pretty apathetic to the whole deal
>>
>>36031004
I know that pain anon. Fucking sucks.
>>
>>36031183
My man. You have taste as well.
>>
>>36031096
Will implies a subject. It is not the will of the water in a river to flow downstream, it is jus the direction.
>>
>>36030094
No, I question how people who weren't taught it from an early age can actually believe.
>>
>>36031285
I think eventually I would grow bored of observing my creation, and relive it over and over again by becoming one of my creators, but making myself forget that I'm the creator, and live those lives over and over again.
>>
>>36031379
Huh. However let me think. That brings the question "why does the river follow that direction", which ultimately ends in "the earth was shapped like that" which also brings the question "why was the earth shaped like that" and so on until the only thing available is to say either "just because" or "because god willed it that way". If it is "just because", the will is not important since as you say it doesnt have a subject, however is still interesting as an answer in other senses. Is there any difference between a mindless god with a will and things happening towards some clear goals (from our view) "just because"? Doesnt seem so. Well or at least in the way i see it, it makes no difference. Existence itself could be called god for me.

Im rambling, please do ignore me.
>>
>>36030094
no.

and lol this is not a good thread for the robot
>>
>>36031497
We already have the word existence, so why call it God.
>>
>>36031613
Because the meaning is the same for me. I think its called pantheism but im not sure.
>>
>>36031671
For you, but for many others God is some being with a distinct personality.
>>
apathiesm is the only way
>>
>>36031690
I know that. I wouldnt dare to formulate on others beliefs. I dont think i care much about them.
>>
>>36031745
If you use God you will end being misunderstood a lot more than if you use existence, is my point.
>>
>>36031762
I dont use my own definition of God for god in talking without making it clear, im not thaaat dumb. I still do appreciate the concern a lot, thanks anon.
>>
>>36031497
>which ultimately ends in "the earth was shapped like that" which also brings the question "why was the earth shaped like that" and so on

Earth is shaped like that because gravity tends to make round planets, and also makes water flow from upper to lower places. Ultimately God isn't anything but the laws of nature.
>>
>>36031840
Thats what i mean exactly. The thing that rules the universe are the laws of nature and so, so we might as well call God that. They do seem to point to a direction, through there is no purpose that could justify existence overall in my eyes.
>>
>>36030094
I do believe in God because my life's goal is to kill it.
>>
I don't believe. I know.
>>
Nope. I do believe that the only reason why 4channers pretend to be Christian is so they can be contrarian and continue to spite Reddit.
>>
>>36030094
No, I do not believe in the existence of god(s).
>>
>>36031730
Huh, I guess that's what I subscribe to
>>36031745
Others' beliefs matter when church gets too close to state. i.e. almost any civilization in history up to today
>>
No, I don't believe in any gods.
>>
>>36032249
Not happening in my country and i dont plan on leaving it so i still dont care.
>>
No.

I'm an agnostic atheist/anti-theist.
>>
>>36030094
I've thought about it and ultimately I've come to the conclusion that "It doesn't matter".

Throughout history, God(s) has always been the "unknown", the Greeks thought earthquakes were caused because Atlas was tired of holding the Earth, Egyptians thought Ra, the sun god was being eaten by Apophis during solar eclipses, much like in nordic mythology with Skoll and Hatii. Every time we advance in technology and knowledge, we kick God farther away into the unknown, because surely our lives can't be so meaningless and there must be something out there watching us. God will continue existing as long as there's something to be discovered, and when we come to the point where we know absolutely everything about the universe, we ourselves will have become Gods.

In the end, we the ones reading this thread now will probably never in our lifetimes have confirmation of his existence or not. If believing in a God makes you feel better about the world and makes you a better person, then why stop believing?
>>
>>36030094
Even if there was a God, I'd hate them anyway for giving me life.
>>
Yes I believe God is the mind that constitutes the universe. God is essentially dreaming the universe into existence so that we can perceive it and interact with it in such a way that the universe appears to be physical to us.
>>
Maybe

Humans are too stupid to even ask such questions, like various animals being unaware of the existence or purpose of calculus, units of measure, or nuclear reactors. Why not improve our own intelligence through real-world shit like eugenics or genetic engineering or whatever so that we can uncover possible evidence in either direction that we were not aware of before.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.