[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Venerate your father. Sort yourself out.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

File: jp.jpg (8KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
jp.jpg
8KB, 320x180px
Venerate your father.
Sort yourself out.
>>
>>36001421
I knew about Jordan Peterson years before he blew up btw

does that make me a genius?
>>
>>36001421
you say that as if he's not where my apathy towards life comes from
>>
File: jp1.jpg (7KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
jp1.jpg
7KB, 275x183px
>>36001438
Grow up bucko. It's easy to feel resentful and vindictive. Bear some existential burden and try sort things out with your father.
>>
God, I'm so tired of seeing this stupid faggot everywhere. He's a narrow-minded cunt and his philosophies are only meaningful to normalfags who aren't mentally ill or physically insufficient. Fuck off.
>>
File: peterson.jpg (6KB, 200x251px) Image search: [Google]
peterson.jpg
6KB, 200x251px
>>36001518
Babby feeling threatened because nihilism and learned helplessness got blown the fuck out?
>>
>>36001543
this website was one of the biggest things founded on misanthropy, especially the pity party that is r9k.
>>
>>36001543
how would you summarize jordan's philosophy on life or existence?
>>
>>36001626
>founded on misanthropy
Now it was founded for people to talk about anime on a clone of a japanese board you fucking faggot.
>>
>>36001716
Life is suffering, taking on the responsibility required to live a meaningful life eases this suffering.
>>
>>36001421
This guy is a fucking hack and the only reason anybody cares about anything he has to say is because he triggered some tranny faggots.
>>
>>36001781
now explain, how does taking on responsibility make life meaningful?
>>
>>36001518
wrong

try actually listening to what he says. his philosophy is clearly meant for damaged people. normalfags would never understand the type of existential crisis he describes.
>>
>>36001737
you obviously weren't there and saw a 4chan history video, this site was used for anime, but moreover to complain about how lackluster american culture was in general

t. raids, /pol/, memes, sam hyde
>>
>>36001811
C-cause it does lmao, d-do you not like Christianity or something????
>>
>>36001626
>especially the pity party that is r9k.
r9k used to fun until it was taken over by mentally ill traps and normalfag phone posters
>>
>>36001811
almost completely inherent, because at the end of the day you want to achieve it. Even if it's what you don't want to achieve, you've inadvertently set a new goal which is what now gives you meaning, ultimately leading back to Jordan's premise
>>
>>36001811
You are trying to bait me into semantics. I hate you postmodernist types.
le you can't prove anything is objectively meaningful
Our evolutionary biology dictates what we perceive as meaningful, the pursuit of meaningful roles involves taking on responsibility eg. providing and protective father.
>>
>>36001811
Because you have people depend on you to function and that in turn motivates you to live a healthier, more productive lifestyle.

The more responsibility you take on, the more you are able to see how much your small corner of the world would change if you just dropped out and gave everything up.

No matter how pointless the world is, playing a part (no matter how small) gives it meaning because you know that people depend on you in one way or another.
>>
>>36001866
I feel you dude, normalfags don't know how to deal with emotions like a true aspie robot, so they turn in on themselves, it's pathetic
>>
>>36001908
>Our evolutionary biology dictates what we perceive as meaningful

no, we have brains, this means we can think above what our biology tells us and decide for ourselves whats meaningful.
>>
>>36001975
and once it is understood humans can't dictate what they want, we'll revert back to science
>>
I can't, I don't know him
No I'm not black
>>
File: 1421845580471.png (17KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1421845580471.png
17KB, 900x900px
Why are so few popular thinkers concerned with pragmatic approaches to the realities of human life?

Will never understand why people put sam harris on a pedestal?
see redditors on his videos
>science and rationality saved my life!
>>
>>36001921
what is the significance of people depending on you?

why is productivity desirable?

what happens if playing a part does not give you any sense of meaning or not enough to motivate you to continue contributing? where do you go then? what if you disagree with society's values? should you play your part and support the system even when you would have to go against what you really feel to be true?

what if you are incapable of contributing at the level that would be meaningful to you?
>>
>>36001975
>no, we have brains, this means we can think above what our biology tells us and decide for ourselves whats meaningful.
lmao
like you spend a second of your day thinking about what you find meaningful
you find meaning through the actualisation evolutionary biology and the archetypes and grand narratives of the western world without even realizing it.

Why do you go to school,work, etc?
why haven't you blown your brains out?
why do you talk to your family?
why do you want a girlfriend?

You are going to tell me you are constantly evaluating your thoughts and orientation in regards to meaning?

IT IS JUST SO
>>
>>36002043
because a pragmatic approach is more obviously subjective and that can make people uncomfortable. many people have grown up with the point of view that science is infallible and they equate science with truth. that makes them feel secure in their belief.

also, many formerly religious people appreciate having concrete answers after being told not to even ask questions.
>>
>>36002171
>you find meaning through the actualisation evolutionary biology and the archetypes and grand narratives of the western world without even realizing it.
you sound like a fanboy.
>>
File: 1481759992783.jpg (30KB, 600x594px) Image search: [Google]
1481759992783.jpg
30KB, 600x594px
Who the fuck is this shill and why are (((they))) pushing him so hard right now? I've never seen one of his videos but they're all over my youtube homepage
>>
>>36002105
I'm not saying his philosophy is applicable to everybody, some people could never achieve a sense of responsibility in a meaningful way but most can and that is what he is saying we should strive for.

>what is the significance of people depending on you?
I literally explained it, it gives you a sense of your place in the world, the endless consequences of your actions.
>>
If everyone on /r9k/ followed Peterson then the quality of this board would increase by 10,000%
>>
>>36002308
he's being pushed because he got in the middle of the tranny controversy but he more closely aligns with alt-right ideas than (((them))). though his ideas are kind of superior to other conservatives because he doesn't go full retard with them and seems to be thoughtful. he's probably on your youtube homepage because you watch alt-right/SJW videos or stuff you were linked to from 4chan.
>>
>>36002308
Peterson is /pol/ approved.
>>
>>36002373
>some people could never achieve a sense of responsibility in a meaningful way
so, what you're saying is that jordan has no answers for the people who actually need help. then what's your point?
>>
>>36001421
I like how he BTFOs trannies and those gender is fluid faggots, but when he talks about religion it's annoying
>>
>>36002523
i would love to screenshot this post to jordan's twitterfeed just so his head doesn't get too big. he should know exactly who is actually watching his videos and making him popular and what they are getting from them.
>>
>>36002583
His head is getting pretty big. I'm sure he's an intelligent guy and his lectures seem great from what I've seen but he doesn't seem to realize that a lot of his popularity comes from literal retards.
>>
>>36002583
>i would love to screenshot this post to jordan's twitterfeed just so his head doesn't get too big. he should know exactly who is actually watching his videos and making him popular and what they are getting from them.

wtf are you going on about bitch boi? His criticisms of the trannies and their enablers is justified and accurate, but when he speaks about religion I cringe
>>
>>36002171
people go to work because they need money to survive to not become homeless, there's no real meaning or purpose there. you might work 20 years in a minimum wage job and shit out some kids but still be miserable as fuck because even that does not provide a sufficient enough purpose.

basically you're advocating "just act on your animalistic desire to procreate and you'll be happy"

as the other anon said it sounds like you're a fanboy and you don't really know what you're arguing.
>>
>>36002643
The guys makes 28000 usd per month on patreon
>>
>>36001543
>Babby feeling threatened because nihilism and learned helplessness

You mean fatalism, retard.
>>
>>36002643
>His head is getting pretty big.
he's a bit arrogant but i'm okay with it because although i'm not sucking his dick and i can see where he might be wrong, he does seem like he has put a lot of research and thought into his positions and he is undeniably insightful about many things. that is rare to see, especially among internet personalities. i respect that even if i disagree with some of his ideas.

>>36002750
please, tweet him about it. i'm sure he wants to know.
>>
>>36001421
My father was a junkie that died of a drug overdose. I have no respect for him.
>>
>>36002781
Jesus christ. On top of his professor salary and his clinical psychology practice, he must be fucking loaded.

>>36002845
I like him too, some really great insights into certain things I had trouble understanding before.

Just recently saw a reddit ama and he mentioned something about how 'lots of people were watching him' and it seemed pretty egotistical.

I wonder if he knows how many of his supporters literally only like him for BTFOING ESS JAY DUBLEYEWS KEK
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.