[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who else has realised that everything is consciousness?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 1485904970001.jpg (208KB, 538x585px) Image search: [Google]
1485904970001.jpg
208KB, 538x585px
Who else has realised that everything is consciousness?
>>
>>35999776
Shut the fuck up.
Now.
I mean it.
Also kill yourself.
>>
>>35999807
Woah. Anon, what happened?
Just take it easy friendo.
>>
>>35999776
There is still some experience without consciousness. You can simply experience objective reality through one or many of yor senses, and dont associate them in your occipital lobe. Be an insect, and there will be no consciousness, yet there will be perception. Even less than an insect maybe. A robot
>>
I have. We are not our bodies, they are but antennas for the vast consciousness that is everything to experience itself. We are all the same, only our bodies and all the memories the brain creates from our experiences gives us an individual ego identity.
>>
>>36000249

I don't think a good definition of "consciousness" could be so divorced from "experience".

If you're experiencing something, you're conscious of it.
>>
>>35999776
When I was growing up I was the smartest kid I knew, well maybe that was just because I didn't know that many kids.
>>
>>36000275
How did your realization happen?
>>
Is a rock consciousness?

There's consciousness, and then there are things that can be observed with consciousness. The statement "everything is consciousness" is just incorrect on a semantic level. In fact, anything that you can observe with consciousness is in essence divorced from it.

It's interesting to think about what consciousness is, and I find theories like >>36000275's interesting, but let's not go full hippie.
>>
>>35999776
That's actually exactly wrong. Consciousness is in essence the recognition that there are things that are separate from your mind. Consciousness is an individual, an entity that is distinct from but related to everything else.
>>
File: 1485909644001.png (29KB, 741x568px) Image search: [Google]
1485909644001.png
29KB, 741x568px
>>36000374
But how can we know that a rock isn't just a part of the play of our consciousness, like an object of a dream?
>>
Uhhhhhh....

Anyways, did you guys watch the game last night? There were some legendary plays. Me and the boys are gonna hit the bars later amd hit on some chicks, wanna come along? Aw fuck man, it's been nice seeing ya, but I've gotta go, I'm gonna be late for work and I wanna stop by McDonald's and get something to eat first.
>>
File: Psuedo-Intellectual Pepe.png (8KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Psuedo-Intellectual Pepe.png
8KB, 400x400px
>>35999776
>Who else has realized that nothing is consciousness, and that consciousness is just some electric signals and chemical reactions.
>>
>>36000374
Just think about dreams. When you dream there is "You" and "other" there's tons of stuff, even worlds that are seemingly not alive at all, especially not related to yourself. In reality every single thing in the dream, every human/animal/world even the smallest and biggest of things is the consciousness of yourself creating it, nothing in the dream comes from anything but yourself, no outside source, therefore it's all you. The universe is just like the ultimate brain, dreaming up all kinds of crazy stuff and getting lost in itself. It's all the universe dreaming and expressing itself in all kinds of glorious forms, some seemingly dead and some more alive looking, yet it all has in common the fact that they exist (are existence itself) the same "It". We work the same way God does (Universe/existence) "God made man in his image".
>>
>>36000325
Nope, a blind person with intact eyes but with with a lession in the assotiation cortex has no consciousness of what he sees, yet that person can react to big objects coming at them or differ night from day. Its a sensorial experience, not a conscious one. Experience comes before consciousness.
>>
>>35999776
If you mean what I think you mean youre right.
Consciousness the the most fundamental root. Everything else is a consequence.

TOM CAMPBELL!!!
>>
>>36000374
A rock is consciousness.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.