[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't fucking get it anymore

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

File: vending machine feels.jpg (320KB, 743x870px) Image search: [Google]
vending machine feels.jpg
320KB, 743x870px
>start flirting with frequent customer of restaurant I work at
>she's not "hot" in sense most think of, but I find her incredibly qt
>also clearly intelligent and likes a lot of the same pretentious stuff that I do, i.e., she's exactly my type
>body language and the way she talks screams that she's interested in me
>I'm a big pussy so it took me several weeks to work up nerve but finally ask her out
>she accepts but later that day tells me she's in an open relationship
>I say whatever, let's just hang out and see where it goes
>first hour or so of date I'm spilling enough spaghetti to feed an army of Italian betacucks
>get some alcohol in me and finally settle down, actually hit it off really well for the rest of the night
>go back to my place and end up making out, but she says she's not ready to go further
>continue to see her once or twice a week at work, still flirty and whatnot
>a couple weeks later I ask her if she wanted to go out again, she responds "Maybe we could do a group thing?"
>I immediately interpret this as a deflection and a loss of interest, give half-hearted concurrence, conversation ends with no plans made
>a few more weeks pass, still see her at work every week and chat like usual, but don't ask her out again since I assume she's not interested.
>occasionally text with her, in which she vaguely seems to be dropping hints, e.g. "It was nice to see you twice in one day" and some other remarks like that I can't remember
>A few days ago, before she left she looked at me and said, "and you know...don't be a stranger."
>Drunk at bar last night, thinking of her, decide to ask her out again, so I send her a shoot her a message
>24 hours later, no response whatsoever

This girl's just playing with me, isn't she?
>>
>open relationship
hahah yea no no family
>>
>>35985681
I know...It was dumb to get emotionally invested in her as soon as she said that.
But on the bright side, I strongly suspect her "partner" is female, so...threesome potential?
>>
>>35985782
You should have definitely asked more about that.
>>
>>35985643
>open relationship
>whatever

What??? Fuck no.
Drop that bitch faster than a fat man drops a salad.
>>
File: Untitled.png (17KB, 750x599px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
17KB, 750x599px
>>35985681
This, I know it's hard to just "delete" your feelings for someone but a girl in an open relationship is the biggest red flag ever unless you're just looking to fuck

And a little word of advice, unless you are full normie "just looking to fuck" always starts to degenerate in feelings and that situation is horrible

I'm sorry anon, you did the right thing though, i'm not sure if by group thing she was turning you down or trying to make threesome but it's better this way
>>
>>35986181
I'm fat and I like salads
>>
>>35986100
I asked her about it a little bit when she first told me, but the pretext was "let's just get to know each other casually" so I didn't want to pry.

>>35986181
b-but..she's really p-p-pretty ;_;

>>35986189
>unless you are full normie "just looking to fuck" always starts to degenerate in feelings and that situation is horrible
Oh believe me, I'm familiar with the process. I'm incredibly particular when it comes to girls, so any girl I actually find myself attracted to basically becomes my oneitis instantly. It's pretty pathetic but I can't help it.
And as for the group suggestion thing, myself and others have posited that she just thought I'd be less nervous in that scenario, since I was literally shaking so badly I couldn't effectively drink my glass of beer for about the first 45 minutes of our first date.
I repeat: pretty pathetic.
>>
>>35985643
Here's what is happening OP.

When she was dropping hints, that was your chance. But when you got drunk and decided on your own terms that now was the time to ask her out, you blew it. She gave you the opportuinty, you squandered it and now you come crawling back and she's not gonna have it. Enjoy your cat and mouse game when it could have been easy from the get go.
>>
>>35985643

You're a fucking idiot, OP.

oregano
>>
>>35985643
She could be just shy, or doesnt want to seem to be too hard to get in fear that you might lose the interest?
Dont panic yet, what did you say in the message?
>>
>>35986413
Damn, dude. This hit me hard. I really don't want you to be right but I can't deny the validity of what you're saying. I've been the victim of this kind of game-playing in the past, and it took me a few years to get over that one. I always think the next girl's not like the rest...

>>35986550
I hope you're right, man. Thanks for the encouragement.
I just said I'd really like to go out with her again one-on-one if she'd be willing to, and I made a joke about not being so nervous next time.
>>
File: 5 gum dog.jpg (57KB, 500x388px) Image search: [Google]
5 gum dog.jpg
57KB, 500x388px
>>35986445
correct

oregon trail
>>
Ugh. The second you quit vilify her for having a open relationship, that's not true romance and she's a menace to herself and the people around her.
>>
>>35986695
Would you mind expounding on this belief?
I want to be angry at girls who do this, but I usually can't really find any valid justification for criticizing them.
>>
>>35986726
The unification between one man and one woman is a historic tradition that is to be cherished, you can only devote yourself to one and one person alone, otherwise you are lying to yourself and those around you, pretending as though you care for them but caring for no one, not even yourself. For love is not such a simple thing, it is not a word to be thrown around all willy-nilly like it's nothing, it takes devotion.
>>
>>35986819
A historic tradition sure, but I wonder, is it conducive to our animal nature?
I mean, look at the percentage of marriages that actually stay in tact up until the death of one of the spouses. And I bet a lot of those weren't even very happy unions.

Sometimes I wonder if it's more natural to just prance around and fuck everyone in sight like rabbits.
>>
File: 1490987207953.jpg (91KB, 788x444px) Image search: [Google]
1490987207953.jpg
91KB, 788x444px
>>35987079
Because society is degenerate and people can't control themselves. They only think they aren't happy because the TV and their peers tell them they aren't. Women are very succeptable to that kind of shit, don't let yourself fall into that as well. Remember, 50% of marriages stay in tact, that means one in every two couples has the sense that the other doesn't.
>>
>>35985643

Here's your problem

You've allowed yourself to be compartmentalized into the role of "restaurant guy". In fact, I'd bet your number is saved on her phone as something like

>"Dave from Denny's"
or
>"Guy from Good Burger"

You didn't do enough to separate your work character from your "social" character. You didn't add enough dimension to yourself during that first outing. In short, you're either a really boring guy or too reserved in what you demonstrate to the outside.

Best approach, joke about it. Something like
>I do more than just work at Pepe's you know?
and try again

Also, if she's in an "open relationship" understand that's keyword for "I'm too broken to commit but also afraid of getting too attached to one person's body so I fuck lot's of people like me to keep from feeling lonely". Don't fuck her unless that describes you as well, and even then use a rubber and spermicidal lube
>>
>>35985643
>This girl's just playing with me, isn't she?

No shit, Sherlock. Did you come to that conclusion on your own?
>>
>>35987423
Well, some of my coworkers suggested it as well...
>>
>>35985643

all girls are just playing with you all the time, sometimes they play x games, sometimes they play y games, its always a game, and games a fucking stupid
>>
>>35987502
That's what I'm slowly coming to realize.

>>35987318
Interesting theory, thanks. I'll keep it in mind.
>>
>>35987450
Look dude, women play games. They are always poking and prodding and playing around in order to gauge a man. When they're young, they have their pick of most men and most of them like fucking around because the have the ability to do so.

You are competing with every other man around you in your age group right now for her time. She obviously thinks you're somewhat cute, but it's the sad fact that you apparently just don't make the cut. You're either not good looking enough, or silver tongued enough, and you're obviously not successful enough for her considering you two work at the same place.

She's just fucking around having fun and you're just not "fun" enough.

I'm assuming you're young by the way you talk. Quit falling for women before you get to know them. Dating is shallow, and the women you're currently interested in aren't looking to settle for anything longterm. Also don't linger on the same women, they automatically pick it up as a sign of desperation. And just because she isn't a 10/10 Stacy, doesn't mean she's deeper, or more interesting, or anymore empathetic and caring. She's cute and she knows it, and you're just a fallback at best and a guaranteed ego boost at best
>>
>>35987641
I'm not necessarily doubting you, but are literally all women like this? It seems so hard to believe in theory that every single women plays these little manipulative games and fucks with guys so shamelessly.

Yet, every girl I've ever pursued has done exactly this kind of shit to me.
>>
>>35987318
Also, it might be relevant to share that she's 29 and I'm only 23...I had no idea when I first asked her out, she looks no older than 26 imo. (God she's so pretty...)

I have a vague hope that because she's a bit older she'd be more willing to "settle down." Probably bullshit, but idk...
>>
>>35985643

also clearly intelligent and likes a lot of the same pretentious stuff that I do

Lol you do realise people who like prentitious stuff are not intelligent and do this stuff because they think it makes them look smarter
>>
File: Spitroasting.gif (2MB, 507x500px) Image search: [Google]
Spitroasting.gif
2MB, 507x500px
>>35985643
She's inviting you to go spit-roast her with her open-relationship partner.
>>
>>35988124
Not necessarily. By pretentious I mean experimental or non-conventional, just saying it in a self-deprecating way.

>>35988150
Well I'm still waiting for the fucking invitation message...
>>
>>35985643
Drop that stupid bitch

Like really OP, the second she said open relationship that should have been it.

You're only an option in her life so clearly she won't give a shit about whatever potential relationship that could exist between you.
>>
>>35986260
With mounds of dressing and chicken, sure
>>
File: where did you feel the feel.jpg (63KB, 920x459px) Image search: [Google]
where did you feel the feel.jpg
63KB, 920x459px
>>35988202
b-but you d-d-don't know her like I d-do...

But seriously yeah that's probably the course of action that will be least hurtful to me in the long run.

Which is why I'm gonna keep pursuing her because I'm fucked up and emotionally masochistic.
>>
File: fatsmile.gif (15KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
fatsmile.gif
15KB, 633x758px
>>35986260
Me too. Potato salad, pasta salad, tuna salad, egg salad, chicken salad, salad is the shit
>>
>>35985643
>open relationship

stopped reading ther
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.