[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Quit drinking cold turkey >Quit all my drug habits cold

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 5EkBg9N.jpg (72KB, 1040x768px) Image search: [Google]
5EkBg9N.jpg
72KB, 1040x768px
>Quit drinking cold turkey
>Quit all my drug habits cold turkey
>Have deeply disturbing, graphic, violent dreams every night since I got sober

When will it end, 'bots?
>>
File: 1489168416040.jpg (57KB, 400x431px) Image search: [Google]
1489168416040.jpg
57KB, 400x431px
It ends eventually.
>>
>>35968846
Tell us about the dreams.
>>
>>35968846
Congrats man. I don't think I'll ever be able to quit my habits, I just can't deal with things sober atm.
>>
>>35968884

The one last night was a group of teenage migrants in a dinghy at sea (I was reading about migrants fleeing Syria yesterday). One of the teens was holding a gun, and they'd explained their boat had capsized. His mother drowned. These five teens were the only ones left. I asked the kid what he's going to do now, and he smiled and said "I'm gonna miss her like crazy!"
Then he pointed the gun at his own chest and shot himself. Then I just kind of hung in that moment in the dream for a few seconds before I woke up.

A couple nights earlier I dreamed I was getting burned alive by sentient fire which was burning all my non-essential appendages and organs first so I had to experience every second of pain until I was a limbless trunk with a head. Then the fire stopped and disappeared. And I was still alive.

Then there was the one last week where my city was nuked and I died of radiation poisoning trying to get to my parents' house. Vomiting blood and watching all my teeth fall out. Staggering through the rubble.

It's been a shitty couple weeks, Anon.
>>
>>35968887

That was the point I got to, too. But eventually I realized all my issues were still going to be there when I sobered up, and I was tired of using drugs and booze as a means of escape. I honestly didn't think I would have the willpower to quit cold turkey until the day I did. Flushed everything down the sinks and toilets.

Not saying it doesn't kill me to walk past a liquor store without popping in for a handle of cheap gin, but dammit I'm trying to make this stick. Sure as hell isn't easy, though.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.