[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In this thread I will use quotations from various sources to

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 20

File: mercer3.jpg (5KB, 240x210px) Image search: [Google]
mercer3.jpg
5KB, 240x210px
In this thread I will use quotations from various sources to narrate the life of Christopher Harper-Mercer from his birth until his death at the age of 26. I intend to cover:

>his childhood
>his relationship with his mother
>his mother's extensive online writing
>his neighbours' impression of him
>his personality and disposition

It may take some time, but if this thread interests you please bump to keep it alive.
>>
>>31293613
Is that Anthony Fantano?

Original comment blox
>>
>>31293613
super cool OP. this is one i've wondered about but never looked at closely.

will be here bumping.
>>
File: image.jpg (128KB, 750x729px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
128KB, 750x729px
>>31293613
Love your threads. Here, use this to help with removing non ascii

http://utils.paranoiaworks.org/diacriticsremover/
>>
File: mercer4.jpg (26KB, 590x350px) Image search: [Google]
mercer4.jpg
26KB, 590x350px
Note: Laurel Harper is Chris's mother. The quotes attributed to her are from her confirmed Yahoo Answers account (username: TweetyBird).

On Laurel Harper reading The Art of the Deal to her unborn son

>"Fact: Before my son was even born, I was reading out loud to [Chris] from Donald Trump's 'The Art of the Deal', [...] And now my son invests in the stock market along with me, turns a profit and is working on a degree in finance. His language and reading skills are phenomenal"

On Chris's birth and early years

>"Harper-Mercer, who [...] was born in England on July 26, 1989, arrived in the United States as a young boy [...] The marriage did not last long. They separated just 11 months later."

On Chris's family

>"His parents struggled financially over the years, filing for bankruptcy in 1992, and his father, Ian Mercer, filed again in 2002."

20KB, 615x410px
>>31293746
Thank you for this.

OP note: there aren't many photographs of Chris and so I hope you don't mind me posting images of the areas where he lives instead after a point.

On Laurel Harper posting online about divorce and being a single mother

>"I left my ex-husband when my son was a little over a year old. I suppose that some people may have assumed that I was unmarried but technically, I've been a single mom ever since I wisely left and I've never gotten flack for it. But that may be because I was in my 30s when I dumped him. "

On Laurel Harper replying to a Yahoo Answers about single motherhood as a sign of social decay

>"Society hasn't lost its moral fiber, rather it's become more intelligently compassionate and tolerant. It's just a fact of life that there are women who find themselves facing single motherhood. These women need our understanding & support, not our censure. I'm divorced and that makes me an unmarried mother too. [...] Should society reject us??? It doesn't matter how one arrives at this condition, what you must keep in mind is that it isn't a crime and it isn't a sin and if you punish the mother you will also be punishing an innocent child. Open your mind and your heart, please."

On Laurel Harper's reaction to Chris's female pre-school classmate showing off her dress

>"I recall one little girl at my son's preschool. She rushed up to me and showed me her new dress or shoes or whatever. I said "That's nice but I bet you're strong and smart." She was already so indoctrinated, she just stared, open-mouthed. She'd never heard this before and didn't know what to make of it. How very sad.'"

sounds like elliot rodger.

>"His parents struggled financially over the years, filing for bankruptcy in 1992, and his father, Ian Mercer, filed again in 2002."
does not sound like elliot rodger.
>>
File: mercer10.jpg (130KB, 1268x536px) Image search: [Google]
mercer10.jpg
130KB, 1268x536px
On one Torrance neighbour's memory of teenage Chris and his mother

>""They didn't really talk to anyone," said Jaquelin Alvarado, who grew up in the same small apartment complex. "Straight up, you could just feel a weird vibe from him. He was kinda creepy.""

On another Torrance neighbour's memory of Chris as a child

>"As a child, however, he never went out to play downstairs and, as a teen, he shuffled when he walked and kept his head down, said the Alvarados. He often seemed tense and mad, the Alvarados said. "He only said 'hi' to me twice in 16 years," Gloria Alvarado said. "He was really patient and calm. It's sad. I never expected this.""

On Chris complaining of cockroaches in their Torrance apartment

>"Once, neighbors said, she went door to door with a petition to get the landlord to exterminate cockroaches in her apartment, saying they bothered her son. She said, 'My son is dealing with some mental issues, and the roaches are really irritating him,' Julia Winstead, 55, said. "She said they were going to go stay in a motel. Until that time, I didn't know she had a son.""

16KB, 776x202px
On Chris's mother replying to a Yahoo user about having a child with aspergers

>"[Yahoo User] My son is 15 1/2 years old and has been diagnosed with ADHD since the 2nd grade. He has been on every medication out there with very little success. He has no friends, no hobbies, is failing school, and is generally not happy, healthy, or doing well at all. [...] [Laurel Mercer] "I have a son with Asperger's syndrome who was initially misdiagnosed with ADHD. For many years I went through what you are now going through"

On Chris's mother's advice online to another mother with an autistic child

>"Even with treatment, pervasive developmental disorders get worse before they get better and if you don't learn to effectively manage this now and if she doesn't learn to manage herself, before she gets older, it becomes far more difficult for her, for you. [...] It's critical that you take steps now so that your daughter has a good shot at becoming an independent, functional adult. DON'T EVER GIVE UP ON HER! I can guide you through this based on my professional (nursing) and personal (my son) experience. Just contact me."

File: mercer16.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
mercer16.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
On Laurel Harper answering a question about being a parent to an autistic child on Yahoo Answers

>"you may have keep him restrained with a wrist leash for his own safety. As far as the screaming and spitting, you may be able to redirect him. I don't know how severe a form of autism your son has but however bad it is, you and your wife need to learn more about it, how to effectively cope with it and how to successfully raise an autistic child. [...] Source(s): I'm a nurse and a parent of an autistic boy."

On one teacher's memory of young Chris

>""I stared at him for a little bit," Breckheimer said. "The only thing I can recall was, 'Yes, he was a quiet kid,' but he was really respectful and pretty nice. He was a hard worker.""

On one teacher's aide's memory of Chris

>"Really, he was just an awkward teenager who couldn't socialize well with others," said a former behavioral aide who worked with Harper-Mercer when he was 16 and 17 years old at Switzer Learning Center in Torrance. "He wasn't mean-spirited. He was funny. I think he had a crush on me."

On the music young Chris enjoyed

>"[the teaching aide] told him was "a lot of screaming." She questioned why the band members wore makeup. [...] She described him as short with kinky hair that she considered a "look-at-me type of hairdo." He often wore black cuffs on his wrists."

100KB, 900x900px
On Chris and his mother

>"After his parents divorced when he was about 16, he lived with his mother, Laurel Harper, a nurse who fiercely protected him from, among other things, the neighborhood sounds of loud children and barking dogs."

On Laurel Harper's nickname for her son

>"One neighbor said that she called him "baby" all the time, even though he was an adult."

On Laurel Harper answering a Yahoo Answers question from a mother about spoiling your child

>"It's unfair to your son to raise him so that he expects to always get what he wants. It's grossly unfair (and poor parenting) to raise him to expect things to always go his way. Your son is spoiled. He needs to learn how to lose as well as win.[...] Put your foot down. Lay down the law and set some standards. Try to get his father on your side for support. Undo whatever harm has already been done before it's too late. You're steering your son right into a life of maladjustment and unhappiness."

what's new?
>>
File: mercer12.jpg (441KB, 1600x1195px) Image search: [Google]
mercer12.jpg
441KB, 1600x1195px
On teenage Chris as a paranoid individual

>"Julia Winstead [...] said 'He was always complaining about the noise from their TV. He was quite a paranoid character. It's really scary knowing he lived just downstairs.'

On one South Bay (California) neighbour's memories of Chris

>"Former neighbor Reina Webb, 19, told Daily Mail Online [...] 'He had no friends. No-one came to visit him. He would just bike around the neighborhood by himself. His mom was a real nice lady. An African-American lady. She was a nurse. She was friendly and sociable.' [...] He was a grown man but would act very childish,' she said."

On Chris joining then being discharged from the military

>"Harper-Mercer [...] was discharged from the Army after attempting to commit suicide. Harper-Mercer was discharged after one month of basic training at Fort Jackson, in South Carolina, in 2008. [...] the Army wouldn't disclose details of the 2008 suicide attempt but that it indicates Harper-Mercer was deeply troubled long before he opened fire on his classmates last Thursday."

>"Harper-Mercer [...] was discharged from the Army after attempting to commit suicide. Harper-Mercer was discharged after one month of basic training at Fort Jackson, in South Carolina, in 2008. [...] the Army wouldn't disclose details of the 2008 suicide attempt but that it indicates Harper-Mercer was deeply troubled long before he opened fire on his classmates last Thursday."
good to know that the army took care of him and made sure he got quality mental health treatment after trying to kill himself.
>>
>>31293613
yess based OP is back

I'm interested in this guy because it's one of the first occasions where the media seems to have made an effort to censor information about the killer, because of this "don't give them coverage" meme, so I actually don't know that much about him.
>>
I always felt bad for poor Massthony Shootano.
>>
>>31294895
they did this with cho too, actually. he send a lot of material directly to the media and they only released excerpts.

i think they do it most of the time since columbine but it's hard to know since you can't know what they have access to if they haven't released it.
>>
>>31294652
>Harper-Mercer was deeply troubled long before he opened fire on his classmates last Thursday

Most certainly, most shooters don't just decide to do this randomly because
>fuck you that's why
>>
File: hijak.jpg (4KB, 173x180px) Image search: [Google]
hijak.jpg
4KB, 173x180px
>>31293924
>My son is dealing with some mental issues, and the roaches are really irritating him
>>
File: mercer14.png (8KB, 211x211px) Image search: [Google]
mercer14.png
8KB, 211x211px
On one fellow nurses's perception of Chris's mother

>"Shelly Steele [...] told the Daily News that Harper was a "wonderful nurse" and "detail oriented," but was "always very edgy." She said Harper once refused to take an ID photo. The four other nurses took photos, but she refused," Steele said. "She said she didn't like her picture taken and that was it."

On Chris's mother discussing her own aspergers on Yahoo Answers

>" you could become a doctor, still have anxiety and have learned to control and be a roaring success both personally and professionally. I have Asperger's and I didn't do so bad. Wasn't easy (understatement) but it can be done."

On Chris's mother's opinion of anti-depressants

>" In some cases, self-revelation and acquired coping skills can take the place of medication. But bear in mind that it's not shameful or a sign of weakness to rely on antidepressants for the rest of your life. It can be a wise decision.

On the opinion of another colleague who worked with Chris's mother

>"Alexis Jefferson [...] said the gunman's mother sometimes confided the difficulties she had in raising her son, including that she had placed Harper-Mercer in a psychiatric hospital when he did not take his medication. "She said that my son is a real big problem of mine," Jefferson said in a telephone interview. "She said, 'He has some psychological problems. Sometimes he takes his medication, sometimes he doesn't. And that's where the big problem is, when he doesn't take his medication.'"

53KB, 512x384px
On various Oregon neighbours' memories of Chris

>"Neighbors in Winchester, Oregon, and Torrance, California, where Mercer, 26, lived with his mother, Laurel Harper, remember a reclusive and seemingly fragile young man with a shaved head and dark glasses who seemed to recoil from social interaction. [...]Those who were acquainted with Harper-Mercer described him as a quiet, self-absorbed loner who never had a steady job or was seen with a tight group of friends."

On Chris being irritated by his neighbours in Oregon

>"He said: 'Can you turn that down? Your TV is really loud," Esther Flores said. "And he just had that look. No smile, nothing. And he just turned and walked away. My husband didn't even have a chance to respond."

On Chris complaining to his neighbours for smoking

>"Bronte Hart, a neighbor who said she lived in an apartment below Mr. Harper-Mercer's, described a more assertive young man than his former neighbors in California did. Far from avoiding social interaction, she said, he frequently shouted at her for smoking on her balcony. "He yelled at us, me and my husband," said Ms. Hart, who lives with her husband and father. "He was not a friendly type of guy. He did not want anything to do with anyone."

Cucky pls
>>
File: mercer8.jpg (381KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
mercer8.jpg
381KB, 1600x1067px
On one Oregon neighbour's impression of Chris

>"Rosario Lucumi, 51, rode the same bus in Torrance as the young man when she went to work. She said he always wore earphones and listened to music on the rides. "

On another Oregon getting bad vibes from Chris
>"Steven Fisher, who lived near Harper-Mercer, described him as "skittish." "His demeanor, the way he moved, always looking around," Fisher said. "I got a bad vibe from him."

On another Oregon neighbour's memory of Chris

>"he slipped into an isolated, almost ghostlike existence, appearing to be unable to form deep connections with the outside world. "I don't think I've ever even heard him speak," said Kevin Nordlund, a next-door neighbor."

On one neighbour's complaint about Chris

>"At night, when his mother went to her nursing jobs, a neighbor whose bedroom was directly below Harper-Mercer's said she frequently heard him pacing until 3 or 4 in the morning"

>>
>>31295206

Jesus Christ anon, if you don't like these threads you can leave you know
>>
>>31295071
>"Neighbors in Winchester, Oregon, and Torrance, California, where Mercer, 26, lived with his mother, Laurel Harper, remember a reclusive and seemingly fragile young man with a shaved head and dark glasses who seemed to recoil from social interaction. [...]Those who were acquainted with Harper-Mercer described him as a quiet, self-absorbed loner who never had a steady job or was seen with a tight group of friends."
if my neighbors had to describe me the description might be similar. i think about that sometimes, how i fit the description of killer creep perfectly.

>"He said: 'Can you turn that down? Your TV is really loud," Esther Flores said. "And he just had that look. No smile, nothing. And he just turned and walked away. My husband didn't even have a chance to respond."
would be perfectly normal for someone who is irritated about loud neighbors and not even worth mentioning, if he hadn't killed anyone.

>>31295141
he killed people because of his issues and you still think it was better that he never got help? go fuck yourself dumbass.
>>
File: mercer20.jpg (9KB, 276x183px) Image search: [Google]
mercer20.jpg
9KB, 276x183px
On Chris's mothers's reply on Yahoo Answers to a question about skipping school

>"it's not inherently "bad" to miss a lot of school, and you've stated that you kept up your grades so I can assume you also kept up with your studies. I guess it's some of the school experience that you've missed, the teamwork, the camaraderie, the fun, the hanging out with friends, and it's this that can never be recaptured."

On Chris and his mother visiting gun ranges together

>""She told my husband she just purchased some new guns a few weeks ago and took him shooting," Steele told the New York Daily News. "I thought the whole situation was very strange. If you know your son has mental health issues, do you encourage a fascination with guns?""

On Chris's mother encouraging him to talk to neighbours

>"[Laurel] Harper occasionally invited them upstairs for a visit, or when she was writing a complaint letter to the apartment managers about the smell of marijuana smoke or late-night guests at another neighbor's apartment. She would ask her son to say hello, but he rarely chatted with them. "Chris would just be in his room," the young woman said."

On Chris's mother replying to a question on Yahoo about why people call Oprah ugly

>"You'd do well to ask yourself who it is who calls her ugly. Are they white?? There's your answer! And I'm not surprised "Anonymous" feels he or she has to hide. Ignorance is like that."

189KB, 500x317px
>>31295206
OP here. Much of what I'm posting here has never been posted anywhere else. Laurel Harper posted some 33,000 times on Yahoo Answers and I have researched as best I could to find the ones where she discusses her own life and the life of her son.

On Chris's fashion sense in Oregon

>"Bryan Clay, 18, a neighbor from Torrance, said [...] Mr. Harper-Mercer [...] wore "a military get-up" every day." [...] "I'd see Chris, shaved head, combat boots, camo pants and a plain brown or white shirt," Clay told NBC Los Angeles. "He would really just walk really fast, avoid anybody who came towards him."

On Chris's use of online message boards

>"He retreated to online message boards to express his thoughts about commercialism, other shootings and the infamy that accompanied the gunmen who carried them out."

On Chris summarizing his personality on a dating site

>" Conservative, Intellectual, Introvert, Lover, Professional [...]Better in small groups, Shy at first, but warm up quickly"

One Chris's mother asking him about a Yahoo question as to who would be guilty if ten people shot one person

>"At the very least, they would be charged with accessory to murder. At the worst, they would be charged with Felony Murder. Felony Murder is when someone commits a crime and someone dies during the commission of the crime. The person who dies can be either the offender or victim. In the state of California, for example, they would get a life sentence in prison for Felony Murder. But overall, the laws vary from state to state. Also, in some cases, the bullets from the guns could be traced to the guns, especially if they are semi-automatic pistols, as those seem to be easier, if I am correct. Source(s): My son, who has much knowledge in this field."

What was he doing in his room all the time? Where was his online trail?
>>
File: mercer17.jpg (109KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
mercer17.jpg
109KB, 1200x630px
>>31295613
OP here. He posted several times on a blog under the username Lithium_Love. He had a myspace and facebook account. He also posted criticism of Bernie Sanders and BLM on two different news websites. He had a dating site profile. All these have been wiped from the internet. In my own research I have managed to find his personal Yahoo Answers account, since his mother accidentally signed in to his account and posted on at least two occasions. I'm struggling to find any posts he made however, though I know his username.

On Chris writing about his love life

>"using the handle lithium_love, he commented on a post titled "How many girlfriends have you had?" by saying "0. Never had anyone." When pressed further by another user, he responded "Well, it means I've never been with anyone, no woman nor man (nor dog or animal or any other)." Then, on Wednesday, responding to a comment that he "must be saving himself for someone special," he said, "Involuntarily so.""

On Laurel Harper answering a Yahoo Answers question about whether loneliness can kill

>"Loneliness doesn't kill and neither does a broken heart. But the psychic pain and hopelessness that may result from these can lead a vulnerable person who has no resources to fall back on to believe that death is the only way out."

On one forum user's hostile post in response to Chris AKA Lithium_Love

>""Please spare us your thoughts and blogs about the actions of people with serious mental health issues, just keep taking the Lithium. I'm starting to wonder if this is a lead up to when you start pulling the trigger on innocents."

>These expressed his sexual frustration as a virgin, animosity toward black men, and a lack of fulfillment in his isolated life.
>>
File: mercer7.jpg (27KB, 600x460px) Image search: [Google]
mercer7.jpg
27KB, 600x460px
On one classmate's memory of Chris

>" "He was a little odd, like sensitive to things," said Rebecca Miles, who took a theater class with Harper-Mercer."

On another classmate's memory of Chris

>"Gabriel Rivera, 25, told People [...] 'He would sit in class and just draw weird s**t like bones or coffins instead of doing the work.''Chris didn't talk to anyone. He was mad that he was at the school and didn't like anyone. He didn't have a lot of friends, I can't even think of anyone who he ever was friends with.' "

On Chris's manifesto

>"For investigators searching for his path to mass murder, he left behind a typewritten manifesto at the scene and a string of online postings that showed he had become increasingly interested in other high-profile shootings, angry at not having a girlfriend and bitter at a world that he believed was working against him."

On Chris writing about "beta boys" in his manifesto

>"Chris Harper-Mercer, 26, wrote that he was 'in a bad way' and 'had no life', an anonymous official who has seen the note" [...] The rambling document left behind, and believed to be written by the gunman, lamented an isolated life with little promise [...] The contents and tone of the document, the official said, tracked the often desperate and depressed writings from members of a loosely affiliated group known as the "beta boys." The official said members associated with the group share profound disappointment with their lots in life and the lack of meaningful relationships."

>""She told my husband she just purchased some new guns a few weeks ago and took him shooting," Steele told the New York Daily News. "I thought the whole situation was very strange. If you know your son has mental health issues, do you encourage a fascination with guns?""
someone should ask nancy lanza about that. oh wait...

>>31295544
>OP here. Much of what I'm posting here has never been posted anywhere else. Laurel Harper posted some 33,000 times on Yahoo Answers and I have researched as best I could to find the ones where she discusses her own life and the life of her son.
you're a cool dude.

>>31295544
>"He retreated to online message boards to express his thoughts about commercialism, other shootings and the infamy that accompanied the gunmen who carried them out."
do we know which message board they are talking about?

>>31295687
>In my own research I have managed to find his personal Yahoo Answers account, since his mother accidentally signed in to his account and posted on at least two occasions. I'm struggling to find any posts he made however, though I know his username.
care to share? or at least explain how you found it? how'd you know the mother posted on it?

>>31295687
>"Please spare us your thoughts and blogs about the actions of people with serious mental health issues, just keep taking the Lithium. I'm starting to wonder if this is a lead up to when you start pulling the trigger on innocents."
unclear to me. was this chris or the person talking to chris?
>>
>>31296025
> The contents and tone of the document, the official said, tracked the often desperate and depressed writings from members of a loosely affiliated group known as the "beta boys." The official said members associated with the group share profound disappointment with their lots in life and the lack of meaningful relationships."

There is actually a group called beta boys?
>>
>>31296025
>"For investigators searching for his path to mass murder, he left behind a typewritten manifesto at the scene and a string of online postings that showed he had become increasingly interested in other high-profile shootings, angry at not having a girlfriend and bitter at a world that he believed was working against him."
again, are these still in existence?
>>
>>31295687

You didn't mention he (and I say this with 99% certainty) posted on here of all places. The night before. He was a robot. Too much of a coincidence to say "somethings gonna happen in the northwest" the night before it happened
>>
did he go on 4chan?
>>
>>31295141
Uh.. yeah that's correct they are supposed to provide you with support and resources. Were you just trying to look cool or something?
>>
File: mercer18.jpg (31KB, 507x419px) Image search: [Google]
mercer18.jpg
31KB, 507x419px
>>31296114
>which message board + unclear...
It was another forum user (the forum is now dead, it was called 'kat.cr') responding to Chris's post about Vester Flanagan (guy who video'd himself shooting the newscaster last year).

>how you found it
I used various boolean searches on google to sift through his mother's posts. One of them (https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071106111358AAzmBMZ) is written by her but on her son's account.

On Laurel writing advice to a depressed eighteen year old on Yahoo Answers

>"I don't think your mom knows how to help you. She would if she could. Don't hurt her by taking your own life. The guilt would absolutely crush her. It's time you were responsible for your own decisions. It's time you made some things happen for yourself. It's your life. Make it go the way you want. I'll say it again -- If you aren't happy with the way things are going, then CHANGE THEM! "

On the impression law enforcement official had of Chris based on his writings

>"an angry, isolated young man whose rage was fueled by animus toward religion and resentment at how his life was unfolding [...] He didn't have a girlfriend, and he was upset about that [...] He comes across thinking of himself as a loser. He did not like his lot in life, and it seemed like nothing was going right for him"

47KB, 624x351px
>>31296149
No, but we know it was something like 13 pages long and talked about his depression, his regret at never having had a girlfriend, his negative opinion of black people and his "being in a bad place" mentally.

On Chris's facebook quotation

>""When all the pleasures of the world have diluted, the only thing left that is pure is power.""

On Chris writing online about Black Lives Matter

>"so many of the people potrayed as victims by the black lives matter movement are not innocent. I have seen plenty of other worthy people, like that guy who was carrying the bb gun in walmart and was shot,wasn't a real gun and even if it was, open carry is legal in that state. People should outraged over that, but instead we get michael brown and the great cigar heist. So many people are killed in the ghetto, often times young kids and no national outrage. A week or so ago a 9 year old girl was killed and her mom shot in a shooting in ferguson, stray bullet, yet no word from the national media or sharpton/obama"

>her son's account.
"Crazy Man"
oh god.

>"I don't think your mom knows how to help you. She would if she could. Don't hurt her by taking your own life. The guilt would absolutely crush her. It's time you were responsible for your own decisions. It's time you made some things happen for yourself. It's your life. Make it go the way you want. I'll say it again -- If you aren't happy with the way things are going, then CHANGE THEM! "
how many times did she give her son that speech.

>>31296425
>No, but we know it was something like 13 pages long and talked about his depression, his regret at never having had a girlfriend, his negative opinion of black people and his "being in a bad place" mentally.
too bad it's gone. i guess it makes sense that they get rid of this stuff.
>>
File: mercer22.jpg (56KB, 620x387px) Image search: [Google]
mercer22.jpg
56KB, 620x387px
OP here. This is my final post in this thread. I apologize for the relative lack of material but there really is very little available. I hope the thread was interesting at least.

On Laurel Harper explaining (somewhat metaphorically) how long it takes for a gun wound to heal

>"Healing from flesh wounds depends on how many layers of tissue are affected, if sutures are required and an individual's healing abilities. It also depends on whether proper care is given throughout the healing process. Activities such as smoking delay healing. A graze would heal in about the same amount of time as a deep cut. If the bullet went through as exited [...] there would be deeper tissue damage and it could take several weeks for full closure of the wound. [...] The healing process can continue for months and sometimes years."

On Chris's mother's Yahoo reply to a mother asking for advice about her alcoholic son

>" I will advise you but you're not going to like what you read. You are an enabler. You enable your son to pursue his destructive lifestyle. He manipulates you with suicide threats and you respond as predicted. [...] Evict him and either sell or lease/rent the property. You are doing him no favors and, despite what you may want to believe, YOU'RE NOT HELPING HIM. [...]You can get a court order to have him committed to a mental hospital or he can agree to commit himself. He obviously has a mental problem and the substance abuse may an extension of that problem, an expression of the problem, but the abuse is not THE problem. Or you can evict him and allow him to deal with his own life in his own way without your interference. [...] It's not a healthy relationship you have with your son. Let him stand on his own feet, or fall, and let him face the consequences of his decisions and actions. You're preventing this. He's 32!! And you need to tend to your own life and stop living his for him. You should seek counseling for yourself. "

Can you do Christopher Dorner next?
>>
>>31296513
The "manifesto" itself was never released. He emailed it to a few TV stations and handed a "box" containing his writings to one of the survivors. Police have only explained in summary what he wrote about.

As for "Crazy Man", it's rather frustrating not to be able to find other posts by this account. There are other users with "crazy man" as their username but almost always spelled differently ("Crazy man" or "crazyman").

'm not sure how familiar you or anybody interested is with boolean searches, but searching the below on google and changing the wording inside the second set of quotations here allows you to search for different words / phrases written by his mother online

site:answers.yahoo.com "TWEETYBIRD" AND "my son"
He was rather unexceptional in the sense that there is little evidence that he held one particularly extreme view as with others (anti-civilization Lanza, anti-technology Kaczynski, anti-government McVeigh, anti-women Rodger) though I found the parallels between him and others quite interesting. He was sort of like a mixture of Lanza and Rodger in my opinion. Also few newspapers have picked up on just how autistic he was, which is something that becomes quite clear when you really look at what his mother (herself autistic) wrote about him.
>>
>>31296577
>I hope the thread was interesting at least.
as always. thanks for the effort OP.

>>31296695
>As for "Crazy Man", it's rather frustrating not to be able to find other posts by this account. There are other users with "crazy man" as their username but almost always spelled differently ("Crazy man" or "crazyman").
>'m not sure how familiar you or anybody interested is with boolean searches
i use it for my own research topics but have never been very lucky.

i was looking and there's a guy who spells "Crazy Man" the same way and has references to "dying for what you believe in is better than living for nothing" and also has a post that borrows from a phrase dylan klebold says (everlasting contrast). however, this account appears as though it could still be active. someone better look out for this guy.
>>
>>31296761
>Also few newspapers have picked up on just how autistic he was, which is something that becomes quite clear when you really look at what his mother (herself autistic) wrote about him.
could you give some examples of what was so autistic about him? i'm going to try that search you suggested later but i'd like to hear what you mean.
>>
Why did OP never touch on the fact that this dude posted on here the nigh before?
>>
>>31296895
Well most newspapers make vague references to her son being "troubled" but from Laurel's posts we see evidence that as a child he would bang his head against walls, make strange noises, have tantrums that required him to be restrained and kept on a leash, and that he suffered to form friendships or be at all comfortable in social situations.
>>
>>31297176
OP here. The post isn't confirmed to have been written by him. It may well have been, but I am only interested in posting facts as I don't want to undermine the validity of my posting by resorting to assumption and guesswork.
>>
>>31297218
>The post isn't confirmed to have been written by him.
really? i always thought this one was confirmed but good to know. considering his topics of interest, i wouldn't be surprised if it were him.

i know there was a post for robert hawkins that was a hoax and another one for adam lanza that was either a hoax or at least unrelated according the the authorities. not sure if this happens every time there's a shooting but it happens a lot.

>>31297189
okay, thank you for the information. all of that except for the leash part is true for adam lanza as a child too.

(sorry that i bring up lanza constantly.)

and thanks again for your work on these threads.
>>
>>31293613
Is that Anthony Fantano, the Internet's busiest music nerd?
>>
>>31297699
most definitely, cowboy
>>
>>31294652
>'He had no friends. No-one came to visit him. He would just bike around the neighborhood by himself. '
That hit me hard
>>
>>31293613

anthony fantano looking mother fucker
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.