[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>you will never die a meaningless and miserable death in the

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: Somme.jpg (124KB, 841x609px) Image search: [Google]
Somme.jpg
124KB, 841x609px
>you will never die a meaningless and miserable death in the trenches of world war 1
>>
>tfw gonna die a meaningless and kind of miserable death in my mom's basement instead

Preferable desu
I do not know your feel OP
>>
that's ok with me, my meaningless miserable death will be fine wherever it happens.
>>
>>25977089
You may have already. You just won't know it
>>
Join the Lions of Rojava, die a meaningless death in the trenches of Syria.
>>
File: fantastic exposition.gif (27KB, 801x601px) Image search: [Google]
fantastic exposition.gif
27KB, 801x601px
>you will never die a meaningless and miserable death in the trenches of world war 1
Extremely specific exposition, comrade.
>>
>you will never be chopped to pieces by rival cartel members
>>
I don't know what's worse
Dying in ww1 in what is now accepted as a pointless war
Or
Dying in ww2 so niggers can have the right to gangbang your ginger daughter
>>
File: Coldstream Feels.png (175KB, 700x1167px) Image search: [Google]
Coldstream Feels.png
175KB, 700x1167px
>>25977089
Dying meaninglessly for my country is still less meaningless then dying for myself.
>>
>>25977212
>Dying in ww1 in what is now accepted as a pointless war

Only by dilettantes.

There were many important and pressing reasons on both sides to take the steps they did that led to war.
>>
>>25977595
>actual historical non-retardation on /r9k/

Keep fighting the good fight senpai
>>
>>25977595
It was meaningful for the ruling western European elites fighting against the German elites. For some farmhand from Nebraska it didn't mean shit, which is why they had to be flat out lied to in order to accept being sent to the death fields in France.
>>
This is one of the reasons you should always do whatever you think is right and good for you and others. Get killed there for what? To please a bunch of morons? I rather be called any name in the book than be that guy. Poor fellow. Probably thought he was being honorable.
>>
>you will never die in a battle with tens of thousands of other men to gain a hundred yards of territory
>>
>>25977799
>For some farmhand from Nebraska it didn't mean shit

WW1 was actually a war in which the 'elites' of society participated at a disproportionately higher rate than your average Joe. The early 20th century was still a time where many officers came from the crust of society and a military career was a path to high society prestige. The sons of Theodore Roosevelt and Henry Asquith (British PM) as well as many sons of wealthy and connected families died in the war as soldiers fighting alongside peasants from the countryside. It might have been a rich man's war (as wars often are) but it wasn't exclusively a poor man's fight.
>>
>>25977985
Revisionism, everyone.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selective_Service_Act_of_1917
>>
>>25978067
>only could raise an army of 73k, despite relentless propaganda about 'Hun barbarism'
>forced to press people into service
>people are locked up for exercising free speech and telling people to not go and die for the elites and choose their own fate
>>
>>25978067
That doesn't address anything I said.

Compared to The Civil War, WW2, or Vietnam, WW1 had a higher percentage of "elites", individuals from socially and economically well-to-do sectors of society participating.
>>
>>25978491
You didn't address my original comment either. I said ww1 had purpose for the masters but not us lowly servants. The fact that they had to press people into service because they could only muster a pathetic volunteer force of 73k in a huge country and the fact that they sent people to prison because they were telling people not to go and die in war for the king of England and the rulers of France/Russia speaks to this.
>>
>>25978817
>I said ww1 had purpose for the masters but not us lowly servants.

My rebuttal is that it was measurably less of a poor man's fight than many contemporary conflicts including WW2 but I don't see you calling that war 'pointless' because it was fought by many conscripts pulled from the lower stratum of socioeconomic standing.

Also, less than half of America's 4.8 million servicemen in WW1 were drafted. That 73k figure you pulled wasn't the amount of volunteers for the entire war.
>>
>>25977089
Whatever. As long as I die.
>>
>>25977089
>meaningless

Trust me, all of their lives are 10x more meaningful than you and 99% people on here will be.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.