[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So the predictions of Calhoun's Mouse Utopia have basically

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: Break-Free.jpg (164KB, 1600x1077px) Image search: [Google]
Break-Free.jpg
164KB, 1600x1077px
So the predictions of Calhoun's Mouse Utopia have basically come true: all the power niches are filled and viciously enforced to keep everyone in their place and every power structure - governments, multinational corporations, churches - are all corrupt as living hell. An increasing number of people want out, but the powers that be will not allow this and break up attempts at forming new societies and colonies, even resorting to literally killing the people who want to leave.

What can people who don't want to just be seen as replaceable cogs in a demonic machine that uses them up and leaves them broken do to leave this hell and form their own communities?

>before it's even suggested, NO, space colonization is not a viable option without a multibillion dollar backing and if we had that sort of cash we could do it on Earth
>>
>>24069548
bump for curiosity, I wonder about this all the time
>>
Everyone neets the fuck up

Oh wait thats already happening lmao
>>
>>24070001
And by everyone, you mean everyone in /r9k/ of course.
>>
>>24070024
I have a ton of normshit friends that are just chilling at home, jobless.

Its become pretty acceptable. Ive introduced them to a lot of r9k memes, like good morning wagekek
>>
>>24070001
neets cant afford to live alone
>>
white and japanese people are fucked. everyone else will keep breeding like rats though.
>>
>>24069548
>Calhoun's Mouse Utopia

what's that m80
>>
>>24070652

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_B._Calhoun#Mouse_experiments
>>
>>24070001
Yeah, but that's not resulting in a unified society separate from the mainstream. Most of us are just dying alone in our homes, getting out of the way just like the normalcancer wants.

>>24070024
Wrong. In just America, for example, there are now more people drawing benefits than there are employed. Now a lot of those people are partially employed, but a lot of them aren't.

>>24070065
Sure they can. Not everyone is too retarded to control their expenses.

>>24070092
That will destroy first civilization, then cause the species to go extinct.

>>24070652
>>24070691
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z760XNy4VM
>>
File: 1382846881982.gif (931KB, 250x197px) Image search: [Google]
1382846881982.gif
931KB, 250x197px
>>24069548

>What can people who don't want to just be seen as replaceable cogs in a demonic machine that uses them up and leaves them broken do to leave this hell and form their own communities?

I imagine that their most realistic option is to die before the horror of the die phase begins in earnest. At this point none of us will live long enough to see the rebirth of society or a glorious Renaissance because those things take hundreds of years. So yeah, your options are pretty much keep running the rat race and hope that your grandchildren survive to see a new dawn of civilization or allow yourself to die peacefully before the shit really gets bad. I'd say we've got about 50 years tops before shit starts the terminal downward spiral.
>>
>>24070691
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_B._Calhoun#Mouse_experiments

Is this verified by objective scientists?

Some of these findings are homophobic and anti-feminist.
>>
>>24071011
>I'd say we've got about 50 years tops before shit starts the terminal downward spiral.
I think you're being generous. Oil will peak in half that and be gone completely in less than 40 years IF we use it at current levels (which is unrealistic because we use more every year). Despite the cult of muh technojesus, we don't have even ONE option for an alternative fuel source to run this large of a transportation network. Any other option co-opts the power grid or our already stressed agricultural system and is thus destined to fail almost immediately.
>>
>>24071120
You answered your own question.
>>
>>24071120
>Is this verified by objective scientists?
Who cares? Modern scientists are morons who get things wrong routinely. How many times in the history of fallen civilizations has any civilization avoided its doom by listening to its prophets? I do believe that score is firmly set at exactly 0, unless you can offer any counterexamples. EVERY civilization has been warned how its fuck ups and stupid behavior are killing it. None of them have changed to avoid it.

>Some of these findings are homophobic and anti-feminist.
heh
>>
>>24071167
>How many times in the history of fallen civilizations has any civilization avoided its doom by listening to its prophets?

Well then they wouldn't become fallen civilizations, would they?
>>
File: 117.jpg (25KB, 420x483px) Image search: [Google]
117.jpg
25KB, 420x483px
>>24071120

This experiment has been repeated many times with only a very very few not leading to total collapse. If memory serves correct the few that didn't collapse had a heavy degree of scientist intervention to keep the rats in line.

http://physicsoflife.pl/dict/calhoun's_experiment.html

>>24071124
Yes I was being generous. I had not even taken things like peak oil, peak phosphorous, or other natural problems into account. I was basing the estimate off of how many more generations of people need to come up before our children are complete brain-dead morons. I figured with each new 'generation' coming about every 10-15 years that about 4 or so more generations of people should do the trick. This will also put us at a time slightly after 2050 when pic related is supposed to happen. I imagine that other regions will experience similar. It is important to note that while whites have been closer to the die phase than others for some time now, the non white races will soon be following suit.
>>
>>24069548

You buy your freedom ( gettin harder and harder ) you slave away + drugs or ou quit ( NEET,MGTOW,etc,etc).

I'm trying to do the first one and failing, if i completely fail i really don't know if i'll go for two or three.
>>
>>24071120

>Some of these findings are homophobic and anti-feminist

Back in the 60s Science had yet to be tainted by leftists.
>>
>>24071381
That's exactly my point. How many civilization's headstones do we have to look at to understand that the majority - even the majority of the "elite" are ALWAYS FUCKING WRONG AND STUPID?

>>24071411
>I was basing the estimate off of how many more generations of people need to come up before our children are complete brain-dead morons.
We're already there basically now. Millennials are fucking braindead troglodytes.

>I imagine that other regions will experience similar. It is important to note that while whites have been closer to the die phase than others for some time now, the non white races will soon be following suit.
Yep. And for numerous reasons, there's no coming back from it.

>>24071542
The problem is, everyone is doing these things in a divided, isolated fashion, and it's literally killing them, instead of creating a just, sane civilization (most NEETs couldn't do that because most people in general have lethal character flaws).
>>
>>24071652

Millennials are at the phase where they still engage in wanton sex acts (which to their disappointment lead to children every now and then) but it is now more for pleasure than procreation. Similarly Gen X and Millennial parents are turning out to be even worse parents than boomers due to lower investment in their children and an increasingly disconnected ability to instilling good values and socialization in offspring.

I know we are on the same page but I feel that there is still a significant amount of lag time to catch up on before the very last traces of decency are erased from the population. In most predictions it is best to err on the side of longer time scales due to outliers and unforeseen variables.
>>
>>24071652

I think you are a idealist op ,to you principles, fair and just come first. You cannot imagine a good life if people are suffering around you.

I respect that, but understand that most are not like you. Even if you can create a system that's just and can compete with shit, it'll corrupt itself in time. Is there a organiation that did not corrupt itself?

Inequality exists from birth. If it's not money or connections it'll simple default to beauty and strength. If you want something in a consolidated society most people want, you rise, you conform with less or you quit the game.

Can you kill my curiosity and do this brigg-meyers? http://www.16personalities.com/personality-types then tell me if you are one of the green ones.
>>
File: cabininthewoods.png (565KB, 600x398px) Image search: [Google]
cabininthewoods.png
565KB, 600x398px
>>24069548

Cabin in the woods is all I need.
>>
>>24071934

The feels when a cabin in the woods with food + internet is pure luxury.
>>
>>24071880
What makes you think degeneracy will be erased at all? On the longer scales, humans are extinct.

>>24071898
>I respect that, but understand that most are not like you
Yeah, most people are shit. That's why the world are shit.

>Even if you can create a system that's just and can compete with shit, it'll corrupt itself in time.
Mine wouldn't because I learned from history. I actually constructed an entire human civilization which was basically perfect. Then I realized nobody was worthy.

>Can you kill my curiosity and do this brigg-meyers?
I don't put any stock in that shit.
>>
>>24072258
Decency not degeneracy.
>>
>>24071934
i would get fucking freaked out at night all alone out there
>>
>>24072338
Oh yeah, I misread that. I'm tired and getting over being sick.
>>
>>24069548
The mouse utopia experiment has been used as fodder for so many different politically motivated issues that I'm far more willing to trust the historically grounded Fate of Empires, which doesn't have the mouse sociology =/= human sociology, and differences in conditions issues. Somewhat similar conclusions if you pick out the actual information from John Glubb's utter inability to write though.

Essentially, time to learn Mandarin or Russian, which seem to be at stages 2-3.5 compared to the west's decadence.
>>
is it me or is the problem just simply....civilization itself. it just honestly seems like a 10,000 year old experiment that just simply does not work. but we keep doing it over and fucking over again
>>
>>24072606
The problem isn't civilization. The problem is that most humans are demons in monkey skin. Just look at Chimps. We come from bad seed and the vast majority of humans are bad still. Civilization just makes human flaws more obvious and on a larger scale.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.