[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's it like to be autistic /r9k/?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 7

File: RBEC_frog_nobg.gif (10KB, 225x211px) Image search: [Google]
RBEC_frog_nobg.gif
10KB, 225x211px
What's it like to be autistic /r9k/?
>>
>>24062088
feels good man

le shit nigger
>>
>>24062088
It's ok.

My autism scares off other people but it also makes me not feel bad about being alone, so I'd say it's pretty good.
>>
File: mirror-09.jpg (2MB, 2220x2221px) Image search: [Google]
mirror-09.jpg
2MB, 2220x2221px
here I'll show you
>>
>>24062185
is the mirror supposed to symbolise you being autistic, me, or OP?

I assumed we all were in this thread
>>
File: 1440132353413.gif (567KB, 500x378px) Image search: [Google]
1440132353413.gif
567KB, 500x378px
>be on the autism spectrum
>feel embarrassed even talking about it anonymously
>yet is the perfect excuse for all the shit I do

I guess it's alright, only my parents know it though, I don't dare to speak about it with anyone else.
But it sucks, when I got the diagnosis I felt really down, all my hopes and dreams of being a normal person were out of the question immediately.

Also, maybe you should ask a bit more specific questions, I can't really tell what it's like to be autistic when I have nothing to compare it to.
>>
File: 1446735690533.jpg (196KB, 1107x1023px) Image search: [Google]
1446735690533.jpg
196KB, 1107x1023px
>>24062088
for me it's ok. but other people complain about me which is shitty.
my parents will kick me out.
>>
>>24062088
It's like being lost inside yourself.
>>
could be worse, I could always be OP
>>
>>24062281
You're autistic, eh?
Boo!
>>
>>24062281
Do strangers notice quickly and treat you differently?
>>
>>24062088
nice rare pepe you got there fa.m
>>
File: 1446613742877.jpg (7KB, 231x218px) Image search: [Google]
1446613742877.jpg
7KB, 231x218px
I think I might unironically be autistic. Is there any surefire way to know besides getting a professional evaluation?
>>
>>24062088
>You will never have sex unless you pay, get an arranged marriage or get really lucky
>Every single woman will hate you and every man will either pity or bully you
>People will always blame you for every mistake you do and will comment on how awkward you are
>You will always be a disappointment to your parents even if you are on good terms with them
>You will always try to rationalize everything and get inevitably offend emotionally wired people
>You are either delusional to the point where they put you into a loonie bin or self-aware to the point where you scrutinize every single thing you do
>You will inevitably be socially isolated and become mentally unstable while people continue alienating and blaming you
>>
>>24062454
I don't know, first of all, the only strangers I've come across recently are the mental health workers so they know.

Do they treat me differently?
Differently from what?

I don't come in contact with many people besides family.
Sorry, looking back I think might not be the right person to answer questions at all.
>>
>>24062507
>not being ironically autistic
git gud pleb
>>
>>24062507

I could diagnose you, I'm trained
>>
>>24062540
So do you mostly stay at home? Do you get neetbux?
>>
>>24062507
take an internet personality quiz of course, you'll be rolling in autismbux in no time
>>
>>24062584
k. If I don't watch myself I over-analyze everything. I sometimes get extremely paranoid about random posts and try to find the deeper meaning in everything people say. I don't know if this tells you anything can you ask me a question or something..
>>
>>24062609
Mostly stay at home, try to contribute by doing some housework.
No neetbux or autismbux, recent changes in the law made that impossible for people who aren't totally broken to the point where they can't work and won't be able to work for the rest of their lifes.

I am in the process of getting help with maybe a specialized study or work so I can earn something but that's just started.

I do dream of owning a small bit of land with a small house and minding my own autistic business, not dependant on anyone, that's at least something that I want to work towards but it's quite of a big deal here in Yurop.
>>
>>24062667

OK anon, tell me some stuff

do you make eye contact with people very often (including parents, family)?

do you find yourself laughing at a funny TV show at the same time as other people? do you laugh at all?

do you have a daily schedule? if so, how many days a week do you follow your schedule, and how do you feel if something disrupts it?
>>
I don't really have a problem making eye contact but I don't usually do it.

uhh I haven't watched a show with someone in years but yeah I think I did laugh when others did.

I don't have a schedule really. I'm a NEET. I just wake up whenever and go on my computer until I go back to sleep again.
>>
>>24062281
>all my hopes and dreams of being a normal person were out of the question immediately

What kind of shit do you do then?
>>
>>24062941
REEE what am I doing meant for >>24062778
>>
>>24062941

I honestly think you don't have autism.

If you feel like something about the way you think is getting in the way of achieving goals, it's probably related to anxiety, depression, or obsession / compulsion.
>>
>>24062667
>I sometimes get extremely paranoid about random posts and try to find the deeper meaning in everything people say

So you spend all your time on 4chan?
>>
File: 1446824069994.jpg (39KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1446824069994.jpg
39KB, 480x480px
>>24063114
Oh phew. Yeah I'm diagnosed with major depression and OCD and some other stuff so it's probably that. Thanks fampai. Now I can tell myself "at least I'm not autistic".

>>24063176
Yeah probably 50-90% of my time awake I do.
>>
>>24062088
It sort of feels like all other people are a different species. Or at least a different culture. There was a great deal of confusion when i was younger about things like social tact, humour, subtext, sarcasm. I still can't say that i completely understand how others want to, need to, be in the company of other people. I don't understand the need to make friends. I can do work associations but casual friendship i don't know how or why i should.
>>
I minimize my autism symptoms by living the hiki lifestyle.
>>
>>24062778
>do you make eye contact with people very often (including parents, family)?
No, I find it awkward.

>do you find yourself laughing at a funny TV show at the same time as other people? do you laugh at all?
If I watch them with others, I occasionally laugh with them. If I watch shows on my own, I hardly laugh at all.

>do you have a daily schedule?
Not really because I don't do anything. Neeting away at home.
>>
>>24063656

not autistic
>>
>>24062778
Let me just try to answer some things.

I do try to make eye-contact when I learned that it was somehow awkward when I didn't.
I really try but it always takes a lot of energy from my brain which distracts me and I break off the eye contact rather quickly.

I rarely laugh by myself, I only laugh out loud when I see or hear other people laugh but I usually keep it to myself.

I have no schedule other than
>get up before 12
>make tea and a sandwich
>fill the day
>go to sleep before 12
I try to follow it at all times, I do hate it when something unexpected happens during the day.
>>
>>24062088
I have a lot of cooccuring neurological issues, namely epilepsy, but otherwise, I've gotten used to it. I have the ability to remember the stupidest shit and can learn languages pretty easily.
>>
There was an autistic kid in my high school that once team out of the room calling his counselor the devil. Does that answer your question?
>>
What kind of music do autistic people like?

I don't necessarily specific songs but I'm wondering if there is a certain genre or structure that people with autistic tendencies prefer.
>>
Only had sex twice. One was a 3/10 and the other was so fat I lost my bones and funded her flaccid. She didn't talk much afterwards. Killed my self-esteem. Been two years now.
>>
>>24063887
usually either classical or they don't listen to any music.
>>
Imagine telling someone with Parkinson's to make a drawing

that is an autist in social situations
>>
>>24063887
vaporwave, heavy metal
>>
Why are you asking us? Go ask /v/
>>
>>24063847

here are some more q's for you senpai,

how do you make your sandwich?

have you ever done something that upset a person, and not understood why they didn't like it?

what toys did you like to play with as a child?

>>24063852
>I do hate it when something unexpected happens during the day

what is your reaction to a change in your schedule? how do you behave and what do you think? what is an example of this?
>>
Me and some friends got stoned the other week and were watching music videos on YouTube through the Xbox. We couldn't work out if a particular video was parody, serious, or just plain bad. It was like our sense of "intention" was gone, like "What is this meant to be? Is this a joke? I don't understand."

It's what I imagined aspergers/autism to feel like.
>>
>>24063903
>I lost my bones and funded her flaccid.
top kek
>>
>>24063965
That's pretty much exactly what it feels like, except all the time and there's social consequences for picking the wrong interpretation.
>>
>>24062510

Holy shit. I've never seen anyone describe my life so perfectly. My parents were always so goddamn embarrassed of me and I kept trying to figure out why, until I got my first job and inevitably all my co-workers started treating me in the exact same manner as my parents: like there was something wrong with me.
I love this society.
>>
>>24064049
I feel for you buddy. We did think that at the time. "Imagine being like this all the time, and with all things, not just music videos." Would gladly chill with an autisbro and verbalise social cues to help him out.
>>
One time, I was tasked to deliver some stuff to another teachers form.
I saw a kid I knew and as I was leaving, I said FOR SOME FUCKING REASON, really loudly 'Ciao!'

As I closed the door I could still hear the nervous giggling of why the fuck that kid just said Ciao.
>>
>>24064082
Well there is, so there.
>>
>>24064085

psychfag?
>>
>>24064115
Geology
>>
>>24064085
It's also with things not related to socializing, in my experience. Whenever people say "just use your common sense" I always end up doing the wrong thing and getting yelled at. I'm not sure if that's autism though or if I'm just retarded.
>>
One of you autists answer this question because I'm honestly really curious as well >>24063887.

Also, explain why you guys like sonic. I just can't wrap my head around it.
>>
File: hmm.gif (1MB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
hmm.gif
1MB, 400x400px
>>24063959
I'll try, but it's almost 12 o'clock so I'm going to sleep after this.

My sandwich, is that really important?
I take 2 slices of bread fold them open, put butter on each slice then whatever I think will taste the best to me in that moment.
I actually simulate the taste in my mouth to get a good grip of what I might enjoy at a time, I noticed I spend some time staring at my buttered up bread just thinking which filler would be the absolute best in that moment of time, that is the only noteworthy thing really.

I do have upset people with things I said which I didn't think were inherently offensive but were taken that way even when they know I didn't mean it in an offensive way.
I'm not going over details or examples, too much work.

Lego was my all time favourite toy, I really liked building stuff with that before I got spoiled by videogames.

when something unexpected comes up I just get lightly irritated, I don't try to make the people around me notice though it doesn't always work.
I don't want to come across as some uptight bitch so I try to roll with it but it does bother me on the inside, I can't really explain it well, I just prefer it things are planned a few days ahead so I can at least mentally prepare for them.

Anyway I hope this is of some use to you or whoever.
I'm going to bed now.
>>
>>24064195
>What kind of music do autistic people like?
One common denominator I've noticed is a lot of autists like dance music, like you would see a mix of on youtube where the picture is an anime girl.
>Also, explain why you guys like sonic.
Bright colors, fast pace, repetitive, lots of visual stimulation.
>>
>>24064195
Not autistic but I like sonic because the characters are cute and it was the gateway to getting me into fur fag shit
>>
>>24064195
Not an autist, but I think it's because they identify better with non-humans. The simple facial expressions and storylines may also have something to do with it.
>>
>>24064082
I think it's because when they see someone with autism they get the uncanny valley effect. We look like humans but our behaviour is just a little bit too much off. It repulses them much more than people where something is clearly visibly off ( i.e. crippled or severely mentally challenged ). It makes them feel very uncomfortable and they become hostile as a result. Some people show that hostility by trying to bully or embarrass you while others simply ignore you and look you out of the door.

It makes it very hard to get friends, let alone a girlfriend in teenage and adult life because people often already decide to shun you without even knowing you.
>>
I might be somewhere on the spectrum but I think my behavior stems from my shitty family life.
Raised by a single mother since 8. Never had any support or normal relationship with my family. Just used to play video games all day or watch tv. Led to me being unable to form relationships with people and have serious trust issues.
>>
>>24064348
>uncanny valley effect
So we really are robots, then.
>>
>>24064495
You're pretty good CGI
>>
>>24062281
Autism isn't as big of a deal and shouldn't really come as a big concern in your calculations. If it's a mild form then it can be overcome with *relative* ease, if it's severe then you really can't do shit about it anyway, so you might as well carry on doing what you want in general.
>>
>>24064495
Yep, it has also been documented that children with autism respond to a humanoid robot ( KASPAR ) the exact same way they respond to humans. Regular children would show much less interest and more restraint because they felt it was uncanny. The exact same way they showed more restraint and less interest when asked to socialize with an autistic kid.

We are literally robots to other people.
>>
>>24064591
>If it's a mild form then it can be overcome with *relative* ease
This is not entirely true because the documented cases are usually the ones where extensive therapy and support have taken place usually all their lives.

Many cases where people with autism end up in social isolation or worse are not documented because they are invisible in society and often have only been diagnosed in adulthood after suffering severe bullying. So the literature naturally becomes one sided towards the people that are actively supported from a very young age, whom are able to overcome it thanks to the therapy and malleability of a young psyche.
>>
>>24064108
Oh, without a doubt.
I just wish somebody had told me that shit, I would've become a NEET much earlier in life. Now it was just confusing and uncomfortable for everyone involved.

>>24064348
I'm so autistic I didn't even realize when I was being bullied. Must've been fun for normies.
>>
>>24064626
no wonder autists like anime so much
>>
>>24064698
The support part is more about the emotions self and willingness to improve/motivation and knowledge about what their condition is and how to deal with it.

For mild autists it's quite possible to learn how to interact with other humans by brute force as a chore and then internalize it as any kind of learning process, it just doesn't come naturally to him/her, so he/she has to take different path than normals and it may always be something they have to consciously think about, but they can be socialized properly as they would've wanted.
>>
i'm farther from normie than any of you but god i hate aspies
>>
It makes you wonder if they're not replying, or when they do, keep it short, because they're busy or because you said something wrong.
>>
>>24063847
I'm not even trained and that sounds like typical autistic behavior, and I'm not talking about the
>you post on 4chang so autistic lel
kind either.

And somehow what I have above is getting caught in the spam filter. Why, robot? Why?
>>
>>24065035
Apparently X D and/or 4cho.ng trigger the spam filter.
Huh.
>>
>>24064975
When talking to a normie or an aspie?
>>
>>24063917
That varies a great deal from person to person. I listen to all sorts of music. Mostly instrumental though. I'm not big on vocals.
>>
>>24063959
I will also give these q's a shot. I have aspergers, OCD, and major depression (in remission because my meds actually work for this).

>how do you make your sandwich?

I don't think there are any peculiarities with my sammie preferences. Usually rye bread, turkey, cheese, lettuce and onions if I have them, mayo, mustard, sriracha. No tomatoes. I cannot stand the texture of tomatoes.

>have you ever done something that upset a person, and not understood why they didn't like it?

Definitely. Repeatedly. I'm 32 and this still happens frequently despite my best efforts to think about my actions beforehand and consider their possible interpretations.

>what toys did you like to play with as a child?

Matchbox cars. Later ninja turtles. Vidya.

Unexpected change in schedule can be alarming. Even anxiety inducing. This is all mixed in with my OCD stuff so i'm not sure how to give an autism specific answer to it.
>>
>>24062510
>Every single woman will hate you
why?
>>
>>24063887
for some reason all my taste in consumable media (no matter the form) are always considered "pleb" or it's the same things that teenagers like, even though I'm 26
>>
>>24065630

Regarding eye contact. I've thought about that some since I was diagnosed at 27. I asked family members what they had to say. Apparently I usually stare in the general direction of the mouth sort of like a deaf person would. The thing about eye contact is that I have no inate compulsion to look at the eyes anymore than any of part of the person I am speaking to or any part of the place I am speaking in. I look at lips often, I think, because I sometimes have difficulty parsing the syllables of speech in purely audio form. Semi lip reading helps. I also have a hard time watching tv and movies without the subtitles on for this reason. There is nothing wrong with my hearing, it's just that words can mush together in my head. Think of it like listening to a person with a strong foreign accent; that's me with everyone.
>>
>>24064626
so an autistic girl would actually consider me to be human?
>>
>>24065654
You know how women get the willies from seeing videos of Elliot Rodger, even if they don't know ahead of time what he did? It's like that. You give off weirdo vibes. Women may like you from afar, but when talking to you directly they want to be somewhere else.
>>
>>24065889
but don't some girls actually obsess over and idolize Elliot? (just like they do for serial killers, etc.)
>>
I don't know if I'm autistic but I know I can't stand being around others for more than an hour.
Like, I get restless inside when I'm around others for an extended period of time.
Made school and family get-togethers really awkward for me.
Also whenever I see a big group of people my first thought is "Ew".
>>
>>24062088
Record yourself talking and find out.
>>
>>24062088
Terrible. It's horrid knowing your mental patterns will never be normal.
>>
What do you all mean for "autistic"?
>>
numbers and long stories fuck me up desu senpai
It's not that bad but in high school kids in my math classes joked about me having "staring syndrome"
I just joked with them.
Thread posts: 85
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.