[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any point in living?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: 1355172768245.png (2MB, 3500x4194px) Image search: [Google]
1355172768245.png
2MB, 3500x4194px
Every time someone is suicidal one of the first things that people always tell them is that they shouldn't do it because the pain they are experiencing now is temporary and that they will feel better again sometime. But is there any point to living for this reason if you end up feeling worse eventually? All the times I have been suicidal I've managed to hold out on the belief that I will feel better sometime, but these times are so short lived. I will feel better for a couple days before I sink back into an even deeper depression. I probably spend 10% of my time feeling even remotely happy. The rest is just varying degrees of sadness. I'm starting to think that these small glimmers of hope aren't worth living through all the bad times for and that suicide is a logical solution as I'm getting rid of more negative feelings than any positive one.
>>
File: borntofeel.jpg (136KB, 746x982px) Image search: [Google]
borntofeel.jpg
136KB, 746x982px
>>24059858

>Is there any point in living?

Nope
>>
>>24059898
I'm really desperate here honestly. I know /r9k/ isn't the ideal place to have a serious discussion but I have no where else to go. Do you think that someone who is overall much more unhappy than happy in life should commit suicide?
>>
I hate my life. I don't have any reason for living.

Too afraid of pain to an hero.
>>
>>24059958
If you could press a button that would end it instantly would you do it? I think I would at this point. The only thing that would make me hesitant is my parents but I almost feel like it would be better for them in the long run. They will always miss me but it won't consume them forever, whereas if I go on living I'm going to keep creating problems for them until they die. If I had killed myself 5 years ago things would probably be better for them in general even if they were sad about it
>>
File: literally me.jpg (194KB, 781x537px) Image search: [Google]
literally me.jpg
194KB, 781x537px
>>24059858
If it seems like your life doesn't really matter, then there's the chance that it won't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDCGL9tRDEc
>>
File: takemehomecountryroads.png (45KB, 383x385px) Image search: [Google]
takemehomecountryroads.png
45KB, 383x385px
>>24059937

Yep, unhappy people don't have the right perspective when it comes to their deaths. Those who struggle with depression are often engrossed in the immediacy of the present. A post on 4chan, a movie, a video game. Often, thinking about the future is too painful to properly assess so we simply ignore it. We become obsessed in what we can suddenly feel.

This gives us an improper way of looking at our deaths. We're consumed with the immediate feelings. The struggle, the pain of a gunshot wound, the slice of a razor or the sudden snap of a neck are often imagined. We hesitate because these emotions are often very violent and vivid, and the benefit of death (the freedom from suffering) can not be properly considered, given our removal from future assessment.

In order to properly approach death we need to absolutely understand the benefit OF our death. Death is a removal from the permanent unpleasantness of our lives. In a way, many of us approach death like we,as children, approach a dentists visit. At first, The sudden pain of an injection seems way more striking than the dull pain of a toothache. The dull pain, however, will not go away, and the sudden agony of the dentists is nothing compared to what we gain. As adults, we muster a resilient attitude because we understand this.

Face your fear. Your fear is just the last internal saving throw of a mind turned on its own end. Take your time if you need it. Never take your eyes off your goal. The release is worth it.
>>
>>24059858
>Every time someone is suicidal one of the first things that people always tell them is that they shouldn't do it because the pain they are experiencing now is temporary and that they will feel better again sometime
That is because everyone feels suicidal at some point. Literally everyone. For 95% of people, feeling suicidal is something that happens once or twice in their life as a result of particularly bad times they are going through.

But when you feel depressed day in, day out, for years and years, then you're pretty much fucked. Who honestly escapes from that sort of depression? Not many people.
>>
>>24059858

What do you want to hear, that god has a plan for you or some shit?
There is no real point to anything but that doesn't mean that you have to be unhappy. If you keep on living the way you do now, things certainly won't change one bit, not tomorrow and not in 10 years.

>>24060025

People usually have kids (if they were wanted) because the point they see in living is to have kids and leave a mark in the worldn. If you'd kill yourself, they would feel like they lived for nothing.
>>
>>24060249
>Death is a removal from the permanent unpleasantness of our lives.
where did u get this information
>>
>>24059937
Only if you are quite certain that the problem couldn't be reversed in the next 5 years. But chances are, you haven't exhausted your possibilities yet. Chances are, there's something you can do to make life better, you just have to find it.

Just a small suggestion: try working out. It's the single best thing a person can do for themselves outside of (and perhaps including) seeking therapy or treatment if they're depressed.
>>
>>24059858
Does anybody else feel like it is pretty much impossible to have a rational conversation about suicide in any mainstream setting? Everybody is so preoccupied with the notion of death as an always negative thing that any discussion about suicide is exclusively about why you shouldn't do it. What if some people genuinely are better off dead? People are born with physical problems that can not be fixed and will kill them, so why isn't it possible for people to be born with brains that are incurably sad? The only difference is that one always leads to death while the other leads to an unstoppable longing for death. Society as a whole can not understand this longing since to most people death is obviously something to be avoided, but I honestly believe that there is something wrong with some people's brains that makes sadness a nearly universal feeling for them, making death the only answer but one that society can never accept.
>>
>>24060434
I work out and go to therapy. I have been for a long time. Thanks for the advice though, a lot of people do get better from working out, Im just not one of them
>>
>>24060249
This post is really close to how I feel. Suicide is always awful in the short term. Whatever is making me feel bad now will eventually go away, people will miss me even though I don't deserve it, and it will likely be painful and messy. But something else will always be there to make me suicidal again, the people who love me will eventually get over it just because of time passing by (plus they wouldn't have to deal with all my shit anymore), and the short time of pain I experience in the act is nothing compared to the pain of living
>>
I feel all of this thread, I'm trying therapy/a psychiatrist rn but I'm not sure it will work, I have some regrets not being able to do cool things in life, but realistically, I'll never get to do much besides hole up inside. If nothing works, try drop hanging, its not that painful and can decapitate you (bonus points)
>>
>>24059858
Join the army man thatll give you something to do i guess.
>>
>>24059858
just kill yourself if you want, it's your own decision
>>
>>24059858
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0MwhhKb23mL
:))
>>
>>24059858
There is no point in life.Only the meaning you give yourself to it.If you can't then you should kill yourself.
>>
>>24060794
I actually think about this a lot. I'm the last person anyone would expect to join the army, but lately the idea of being put in a situation away from normal social contact and girls as well as giving me some direction, even if that direction is bullshit, sounds appealing to me
>>
>>24060889
Same here.Sadly I fucked up my back and eyesight from spending too much time at computer so can't do it.I'd gladly go to army.
>>
I've had a shit life and have been depressed from a very young age. I remembered considering suicide as young as 7 years old when I was in 1st grade. This past year, the idea of suicide appears in my head almost every day. Sure, i have some good days here and there, but that's about it.
The main reason I hang on is because I have some small sliver of hope that it'll get better, but then I see all sorts of people in their later twenties and even in their 30s and 40s still depressed and suicidal. Seeing this really makes me doubt that it does get better. How the fuck am i supposed to believe that it gets better when it's normally coming from person that just had a bad couple of months when there are just so many people that are still depressed and miserable? How am i supposed to hold on to that little bit of hope when it seems like it will all end up being just for nothing.
>>
>>24060816
Listen to this vocaroo, you lazy shits.
>>
whenever i think about hanging myself i think about that ancient thread where someone suggested that the best way to kill yourself is to drop hang from a skyscraper with a very thin and hard metal wire and with your hands glued to your head. the idea is that you will get decapitated and it will look like you pulled your head out
>>
>>24060816
Is your first name Anushka?
>>
>>24060816
>Chad finally plowed me
>this is true bliss
>>
>>24061126
That is Lena.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.