[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I stop drinking completely? I get quite bad side effects

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

File: pepe.png (9KB, 241x209px) Image search: [Google]
pepe.png
9KB, 241x209px
How do I stop drinking completely?

I get quite bad side effects from drinking recently.Panic attacks, losing sense of balance, high blood pressure, heart palpitations. Now I dont know why I get all of those, I dont drink that often(only once a week) and I only drink beer(no hard liquor) but it tells me to stop, but then I do it again anyways. Usually it goes like I tell myself I am only going to drink 3 beers , but in reality I am going to drink a whole bunch more.
>>
>>24055528
GL with your DT's senpai
>>
File: images.jpg (7KB, 251x201px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 251x201px
don't keep alcohol at home
>>
>>24055528
How much are you drinking on that one day?
>>
>>24055540

Dont know what that means.
>>
>tfw same with weed
i can't believe i sold all my tech shit like games and ipad and cell phones just to get through the day
i know i will run out someday ;_;
>weed isn't addictive lmao
>>
>>24055566
detox i imagine
>>
>>24055558

about 8 to 10 beers max.
>>
>>24055557
This was my solution. I only drink water when I'm at home. If I want alcohol, I go to a bar or a party. It stops you from drinking as much and forces you to be social at the same time.
>>
>>24055528
If you only drink once a week and your health is that bad then you either drink ridiculously much or you also have other health issues.
>>
>>24055566
DT = Delirium Tremens. It's when you not only start to get the shakes due to withdrawal but also start hallucinating. It's possible to die from this. But if you only drink once a week, you won't get these (even if you drink much on that day).
>>
>>24055591
nigger I'm at a fifth of vodka a day minimum. Step up your game.
>>
>>24055528
Read a book.
>>
>>24055606

I dont know, I am really sensitive to all kind of substances, like one coffee is too much for me and I get the shakes and stuff. When I take just one puff from a marijuana cigarette I feel totally destroyd. Only thing I somewhat enjoyd is drinking.
>>
>>24055703
Well that sux, i know it's incorrect to ask this, but what's your age?
>>
>>24055629

Well I sometimes get this believe that I will fall out the window for some reason after a day drinking and lay on the floor to make sure I dont fall out.
>>
>>24055703
Try an experiment. Eat a good meal before drinking and drink plenty of water ahead of time. You may wind up pissing a lot, but whatever. The thing about alcohol is it's fucking jet fuel. As soon as it's in your body the shift becomes burning that for metabolism and then getting back to whatever your body was using before. I'd suspect you're having blood sugar issues, maybe mixed with some mild dehydration and low electrolytes.

tl;dr Eat a meal and drink a buttload of water before setting out to drink
>>
>>24055820

23. why?

I dont live in the USA, so I was drinking beer from age 16 pretty regulary.
>>
>>24055855

He asked how to stop drinking, not how to avoid hangovers. Decent advice though, although you should also eat a meal and drink tons of water right before bed, and then take Tylenol and a multivitamin. You won't feel 100% but you won't be fully hung over.
>>
>>24055855

I often feel like eating and drinking sugary sodas during the night, so I wake up often. But I have done blood tests testing the blood throughout the day for blood sugar and regular blood tests done and the doctors allways tell me its fine.
>>
>>24055860
Kind of thought you were underaged under 15yo, (also from a country where you can get anything at almost any age)
>>
>>24055919
Maybe try to start doing sth else instead of it, like having an anime night or a couple of lol games
>>
>>24055855
>low electrolytes

Also for some reason I often feel like eating salt, pure salt. I eat the lose salt on the bottom of the pretzel bag.
>>
>>24055961
In your first post you mentioned the panic attacks, etc. Are those happening during the drinking sessions, the day after, or leading up to your first drink?
>>
File: image.jpg (102KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102KB, 500x500px
>>24055591
Literally nothing, kill yourself attention-seeking snowflake
>>
File: image.jpg (72KB, 669x705px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72KB, 669x705px
Never go to a store or bar or work where alcohol is available . Stop hanging out with your alky buds. You are dumb to think u can resist on your own
>>
>>24056087
Kek. /r9k/ is not the best board for this thread, OP. We're all a bunch of depressed alcoholics that drink every day.
>>
>>24056087
I doubt it's common, but I've heard of people developing psychological dependence on alcohol from small amounts. I guess it depends on how much he relies on whatever amount gets him buzzed/helps him fall asleep/whatever.
>>
>>24056047

The day after usually, they can last a couple of days, but it just gets less and less severe. Also when I drink outside of home at a restaurant or bar I get really fucking nervous.
>>
>>24056143
Your condition sounds very similar to my friend's. She has generalized anxiety disorder, but a doctor told her she has something else that makes her hangovers way more severe. Like, she'll have to double or triple her klonopin the day or two after drinking just to get by and even then she's shaky/panicky. It also seems like it's disproportionate to how much or how often she drinks, although I'm sure just one or two drinks wouldn't hurt her. I've texted her to find out the name of her condition. I'm not sure if it was a genetic disorder, caused by some hormone imbalance, whatever. I'll let you know when I hear back from her.
>>
>>24056047

> or leading up to your first drink

Forgot to mention I get nervous on my usual drinking day bore I drink(but almost only on that day) and its hard to concentrade on other stuff.
>>
>>24056223

Yes, that sound very much like me.
>>
>>24056228
You could be anticipating the eventual negative side effects. It could also be indicative of a dependence.

I've had some issues with drinking, but I've always been able to back off for a couple of months before it becomes a real problem. So, anyway, I started drinking again and then spent all of one afternoon and night drinking. For the last week I feel like a hunger when I think of alcohol, or even the opposite...I get this hungry, empty feeling in my stomach and the first thing I think of is drinking to make it go away. Definitely a sign that my body wants alcohol so I've just gotta stay away for a while, unless I want to become dysfunctional alcoholic. I guess I'm an alcoholic since I do have these cravings, but luckily I can stay out of the deep end.
>>
>>24056241
Also, are you on any medications?
>>
>>24056312

I used to take some SSRIs but I quit because it gave me headaches, brainfog, depersonalisation and I felt bad allaround. I feel like the medication has altered my brain permanently in a bad way.
>>
>>24056400
How long ago did you discontinue taking them? Also, do you ever experience anxiety in other situations? You mentioned getting nervous drinking at bars, but does that happen in other places?
>>
File: 1445917286610.jpg (36KB, 604x397px) Image search: [Google]
1445917286610.jpg
36KB, 604x397px
>>24055528
Start lifting and exerciseing

Once you see some gains you will feel rewarded and sports become your new drug.

Seriously, that's what I did.
When in my matura-years I was partying with alcohol every weekend 2 days usually to just about blackout.
Then I started sports and lifting and now usually just drink water when out partying. It's also incredibly fun to talk to inhibriated girls, they are even more retarded when they think they're the hot shit due to alcohol.

Try it, Water&Milk Masterrace
>>
>>24056432

I stoped taking the medication about a year ago.
I get nervous the second I leave the house, it just gets way more bad at restaurants and bars because I feel like I am trapped there with all the other people and cant just leave whenever I want to.
>>
>>24056561
So, you know you have some sort of anxiety, whether social or generalized, right? That in itself can make the negative side effects of alcohol even worse. Maybe look into getting medicated for anxiety. Be careful with mixing benzos with alcohol, though.
>>
>>24056619

I am not too fond of psychiatrists and I have tried couple of times. I tell them I have anxiety issues and they put me on the schizo pills, the other time the gave me anti depressants, they never gave me anything that works, it just made everything worse.
>>
>>24056777
Do you have a regular physician you see? If so then that's all you need to do. Go to your internist and tell him/her that you've been experiencing anxiety when you go to school/work/grocery store and that it's starting to become a big problem. They'll probably start you on a low dose of valium or something similar, and over time just keep going back letting them know it's not strong enough. Don't mention going to other doctors, and if you can pay out of pocket don't use your insurance for the doctor visit. Easiest way to score pills. I've gotten benzos, sleeping pills, adderall, etc this way.
>>
>>24056853
I used to one often(I have been to multible) and none of them like to give you anything that actually works, its hard to get thing like benzos here, I also know from others so its not only me, because they are so concerned you get addicted to the substances that actually do something, so they tend to give you anti depressants and SSRI that dont do much aside from giving you bad side effects and slowly rotting away your brain.
>>
>>24057413
I had to play dumb with one doctor. Acted baffled by how nervous I'd get just going to check the mail. He explained to me it was probably some sort of generalized anxiety and I was like "Huh? What's that?" Seemed to do the trick because he was more than willing to help me out. But I guess this may vary from state to state and country to country. I'm in the US, btw
>>
OP you sound exactly the same as me. I drink about 3 liters of normal beer once or twice a week and the next day I have all sorts of anxiety and shit. It's not just a normal hangover. Also with regards to wanting to eat sugar/salt the next day exactly the same here, I will drink a liter of Coke and eat junk food almost compulsively and it does improve me, so I put it down to blood sugar but honestly not sure.

And again same as you I seem to be extremely sensitive to substances, I can't drink coffee because the caffefine makes me over the top alert and makes me need to shit a lot. And one toke on a spliff I am on another planet so I can't smoke weed either. I do enjoy drinking, I am somewhat of an alcoholic in the same sense as you in that if I had to stop drinking for a couple of weeks I couldn't do it unless I was forced too, but I'm not an alcoholic in the sense that I am constantly drunk and do crazy shit while drinking. I just like to have a bunch of beers on the night time and play vidya once or twice a week

I'm sorry you have this but it feels good to know that I am not alone. I thought I was the only one.
>>
>>24057680

>I'm sorry you have this but it feels good to know that I am not alone. I thought I was the only one.

Thats nice to know. I just hope it isnt some serious health issue like cancer or something. I have been to the doctor, he did a blood sample and said everything is fine. I am sure he doesnt even take me serious and thinks I am delusional and hypochondriac, the hypochindriac part might be true, but the symptoms are real, but the doctors never found anything wrong.
>>
>>24055528
I stopped drinking by realizing that that was the only way I was going to be happy/lose weight.

Allen Carr's book helped me some.

I fucking hate the reasons most people give for not drinking. I fucking hate myself. I still do, but I stopped drinking because I realized it was the only way I could possibly get better. Go downtown where you live and look at the homeless folks that will do anything for a 40. I realized I didn't want to become like that, and that I didn't have enough self control to drink in moderation.

After I stopped, anxiety went way down, I feel better overall, and I've been losing weight. Still have some anxiety problems, but not nearly as bad.

>>24057413
Benzos are nice and will help if you need to detox. They have just as bad side effects DESU.

>>24055916
DO NOT TAKE TYLONOL WHEN DRINKING. It can fuck up your liver. If you have to take something, take ibuprofen.
>>
>>24057905

I was mistaken about my friend. She said that all her doctor told her is that it's common for her anxiety disorder to make her hangovers more severe than a regular person's. So, again, you might want to check up on that. But the only thing she said she's able to do is avoid drinking too much because even a few drinks can make her feel panicky the next day.
>>
>>24055860
>>24055921

Do people in other countries actually think that Americans don't start drinking until they are 21?

I was getting drunk regularly at 16 too.

For liquor, we just found a friend with an older sibling who can buy it or some shit like that.

For beer, we would just find a gas station, bodega or convenience store where the clerks didn't give a fuck and would sell to anyone.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.