[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it true that you basically can't get a job in the US

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1409217455107.png (94KB, 596x650px) Image search: [Google]
1409217455107.png
94KB, 596x650px
Is it true that you basically can't get a job in the US if you're a really introverted guy?
>>
>>24053977
Yeah, a lot of companies actually look for online presence when they're looking at your application. But let's say that's a small part of the selection process, even then you'll have to be good at talking to the interviewers. It's retarded as hell.
>>
>>24053977
I got a job as an introvert desu senpai

It actually helped me a lot and I'm less introverted now. I got the job through my mom though and I was a total sperg during the interview.
>>
Not really. It makes it harder, but really you're just giving yourself excuses.
>>
>>24054010
Eh, they wont choose you because you don't have facebook or twitter.

Linkedin is what they look for if it's a professional job
>>
Yep, it's true. It's their "red flag" so to speak. If you are introverted, then to them, you're a manic murderer who wants to rape children and dig up corpses just to fuck them.
>>
>>24053977
>warehouse work
>delivery driver

Two jobs I can think of that I had that required little to no social interaction.
>>
I'm sitting in a chair in some back room at a spa waiting to check in my next guest. They get a massage, maybe hop in the steam room, or some shit and leave faster than their wives/girlfriends made them come. Few gays trying to poke my button hole every now and then, but otherwise it's a cool gig for college.
>>
you should just give up on life if you're introverted
>>
>>24054068
True, but things are changing.
>this guy only has a LinkedIn, what a weirdo
>this guy has a LinkedIn and is active in social media, he seems like he's better with handling others
My dad fits into the former category. It's shithard for him to find a job anymore, even though the niggas got experience out the ass compared to the newcomers.
>>
>>24054060
>you're just giving yourself excuses.

I'm from Yurop, I was just wondering because most job seeking advise on the net from Americans emphasized the importance of being sociable, networking and what not.
>>
>>24054092
Just because the job requires little to no social interaction doesn't mean that the people handling the applications/interviews/hiring won't expect you to be an extrovert. A huge part of the problem with employment is how hiring is generally handled in a way that has nothing to do with the job itself by human resources people who also have nothing to do with the job itself.
>>
If you're decently attractive sometimes a fat/ugly female manager will hire you only on that basis.

It happened to me, I think. I couldn't do cashiering and I stopped going to work after only like 2 weeks.
>>
>>24053977
Im really fucking introverted and i have a job
>>
>introverted

STOP. This word does not mean "socially retarded pussy".
>>
>>24054285
you don't get it, just fucking leave normie
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.