[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /r/, I'm looking for this christmas picture with 2

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

File: 1432315589806.jpg (216KB, 2048x2046px) Image search: [Google]
1432315589806.jpg
216KB, 2048x2046px
Hey /r/,

I'm looking for this christmas picture with 2 kids in front of the christmas tree. Judging from the clothes, the pic was taken somewhere in the 90's. The kids and the room look poor. They received some really shitty gifts, like pencils and notebooks, and yet they force out a smile. They know that those gifts are shitty, but they are also aware of the fact that this is the best their parents could do. It's like the kids feel guilty about having their parents buy them christmas presents, when they clearly cannot afford it. There is just so much emotion in that photograph...

If you have this particular picture saved, please upload! You would do me a big favour.

Pic unrelated
>>
File: 1391713207465.jpg (243KB, 1280x1658px) Image search: [Google]
1391713207465.jpg
243KB, 1280x1658px
bump
>>
File: 1400218672287.jpg (97KB, 500x504px) Image search: [Google]
1400218672287.jpg
97KB, 500x504px
bamp
>>
File: 1112.jpg (112KB, 800x521px) Image search: [Google]
1112.jpg
112KB, 800x521px
Gotcha senpai
>>
File: 1436184946576.jpg (80KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1436184946576.jpg
80KB, 640x480px
>>13927403
many thanks!
>>
Deep thoughts indeed... I had the same with one picture with a boy with a shitty birthday cake... get the feels when I remind myself his face looking so lonely...
>>
>>13927821
I'd like to see that one.
>>
File: birthday-party-sad.jpg (42KB, 526x395px) Image search: [Google]
birthday-party-sad.jpg
42KB, 526x395px
>>13927943
>>13927403
Me again, photos like these are soul crushing.
>>
>>13928052
Yeah. I grew up with a lot of kids who had very little and even when I was an asshole kid it broke my fucking heart. Especially the ones who didn't really know, exactly, that their situation was shitty and were still all bright-eyed, because it was obvious that sense of hope was going to be destroyed sometime, probably soon.

Example. There was a girl who came into the little store I worked in as a teenager. She probably would have been a solid 7/10 if she was able to take care of her skin better and get nicer glasses. She was weird, but sweet. I think she had a thing for me. The thing that sticks out in my mind is when she was telling me who she was, and she casually mentioned that she lived in the "paneled house," that is, the house down the road that had paneling on the outside rather than siding. Even then that really struck me - she had no idea that wasn't normal. She was just a girl talking to a boy about stuff. People probably made fun of her behind her back, maybe to her face, but at that point either it didn't register or she blew it off. I'd like to think that she kept that attitude and married well and got out of there, but the sad reality is that she probably got impregnated young by some similarly poor mutant and the cycle kept on going.
>>
>>13928148
The worst part is that you're probably right about how that turned out. That kind of innocent, genuine humanity is really rare and it always stands out when you see it.
>>
>>13928235
Yeah. I should look for her name in one of my old yearbooks and see if I can find out any info... I remember her last name, but not her first.

I'm Fb friends with one of the girls who also lived in that area and was around the same age (~2 years younger than me).
>>
Pretty sure the people in that xmas picture (or maybe just the guy) saw this somewhere and posted the background on the pic. Basically it's not as depressing as OP is making it out to be. But hey, if you enjoy the story, that's what's important.
>>
>>13928261
Do you recall any specifics?
>>
>>13927403
Even more depressing... looks like some sort of medical device on a stand behind the boy. Perhaps a kidney dialysis machine?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.