[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BBEG Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

File: 1457924818191.jpg (100KB, 1000x854px) Image search: [Google]
1457924818191.jpg
100KB, 1000x854px
You don't want to admit it, but you're lost- you have been, for hours. None of the surrounding landscape looks familiar, and you're 99% certain that the teleportation circle you used malfunctioned and shunted you off to a completely random location in the world. In the distance, you see and decide to investigate:

>Some inviting caves in a nearby mountain to the north of you
>Smoke off the horizon to the east
>A river running south, not too far from here
>A gigantic fissure in the ground, due west of here. The river seems to bend deftly around the fissure, oddly enough.

While you're walking, you reminisce somewhat on who you are.

>A sorcerer trained with swords and shields, for an ultimate defense. Magic runs potently through your blood, and is directly tied to your stamina.
>A warlock trained with heavy weapons, to annihilate your enemies with powerful blows. Your magic comes from sacrifice and service, and is directly tied to such.
>A mage extensively trained in the use of ranged weapons, so that even without mana to work with, you're a deadly foe to go against. Your magic comes purely from knowledge of how to manipulate ambient mana, and thus is directly tied to the world itself.
(All classes are trained in the use of Heavy Armor, for that foreboding look that we all know and love. Spells known will be dictated by class chosen.)

You also happen to know for a fact that you're a:
>Suggest a race!
>Lack of consensus on a race will lock you into being a HUMAN.
>>
Rolled 28 (1d100)

I vote skeleton
>>
Rolled 78 (1d100)

>>652
>>A gigantic fissure in the ground, due west of here. The river seems to bend deftly around the fissure, oddly enough.
>A sorcerer trained with swords and shields, for an ultimate defense. Magic runs potently through your blood, and is directly tied to your stamina.
I vote human.
>>
>>680
Vote for more than just race, shitbird.
>>
>>652
>A river running south, not too far from here
>A mage extensively trained in the use of ranged weapons, so that even without mana to work with, you're a deadly foe to go against. Your magic comes purely from knowledge of how to manipulate ambient mana, and thus is directly tied to the world itself.
>Elf
>>
Isn't this the third quest to have that as the OP?

[X] Smoke off the horizon to the east

[X] A warlock trained with heavy weapons, to annihilate your enemies with powerful blows. Your magic comes from sacrifice and service, and is directly tied to such.

[X] HUMAN
>>
>>652
Let's head to the cave

Vote for a mage

Vote Gnome
>>
>>694
fine, I didn't really care about the rest so I just voted race but here:

>A gigantic fissure in the ground, due west of here. The river seems to bend deftly around the fissure, oddly enough.

>>
>>652

>Smoke off the horizon to the east
>Human master race.
>>
File: 1461694902509.png (804KB, 764x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1461694902509.png
804KB, 764x1080px
Rolled 80 (1d100)

>>652
>a river running south, not to far from here

>warlock, sacrifice and service

>half-orc
>>
>>652

>Dwarf!

Use magic to control the very stones!
>>
Locked in, writing.

>Fissure
>Mage
>Human
>>
>>786
Eh, 2/3 ain't bad I guess.
>>
Yes, you remember clearly - you earned every ounce of your ability, with hard training and difficult study. The world itself bends to your will, as it should. You note that the mana here is fresh, but stagnant - it has gone unused for quite some time, which you know can cause peculiar effects on wildlife.

It doesn't take you too long to reach the edge of the fissure, and you warily peer over the edge. It's difficult to tell just how deep the rupture in the earth is - it's pitch black after several hundred feet, though you can hear strange rumblings, deep and foreboding. You take a small moment to appreciate the aesthetics of such a grim location, but decide that you can't waste too much appreciating the finer points of nature.

>Throw an object down
>Throw yourself down (1d100)
>Use a spell (1d100)
>Go somewhere else
>Write-in...

YOUR SPELLS: Telekinesis (Moderate), Lessen gravity (light), Elemental manipulation (light), Bolt of Element (moderate), Alter size (light), Haste and Slow (moderate), Elemental Form (Heavy)

Light, moderate, and heavy indicate how much ambient mana it consumes. The current level of ambient mana is: FAIRLY HIGH.
>>
>>896
>Throw an object down
Let's check the depth first. Maybe light up the thing?
>>
>>896
Chuck a rock down and see what happens.
>>
>>896
>Use a spell (1d100)
LIGHT UP THE NIGHT!
We need to see what we're dealing with.
>>
Locked in for rockchucking like barbarians.
>>
>>999
Truly we will strike fear into the hearts of all
>>
You opt to take the safe route - you didn't get where you are today by taking needless risks, after all. You locate a decent fist-sized stone nearby, and underhand toss it into the earth's gaping maw in a most casual manner. Soon enough, it disappears from sight. There's no indication of it hitting anything, until ten seconds in, when you hear a distinct 'plop', as though it landed into a thick and viscous liquid or semisolid.
By your calculations, taking ten seconds to fall the full distance means that this fissure is quite deep indeed. You don't exactly have anything on you to work it out mathematically, but that fact alone is obvious enough to a knowledgeable mind such as your own.

>Jump in (roll 1d100)
>Find a safe route in (1d100)
>Use a spell (1d100)
>Do something else
>Write-in
All rolls are best of 3.
>>
Rolled 23 (1d100)

>>1070
use a light spell to try and see if you can see the bottom.
>>
Rolled 58 (1d100)

>>1070
>>Jump in (roll 1d100)
>>
Rolled 34 (1d100)

>>1070
>>Use a spell (1d100)
Lessen gravity

Let us do some rock climbing.
>>
File: 1405320997245.jpg (9KB, 255x247px) Image search: [Google]
1405320997245.jpg
9KB, 255x247px
>>1093
>This is my first roll on this board
>>
>>1109
>>1117
Is it fine if I combine these, due to lack of posters?
>>
File: tegaki.png (3KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
3KB, 400x400px
i wanna post here early
>>
>>1156
Cool with me.
>>
>58
You carefully manipulate the invisible threads of mana to cause a temporary shift in reality, altering the effect of gravity on yourself. The stagnant mana is remarkably easy to manipulate, as though it was begging to be used. You take a confident step off the edge, and begin a slow descent into the bowels of what very well might be hell for all you know. It dawns on you that you don't exactly know WHY you chose to come to the fissure - it's interesting, that's for certain, but you're not exactly sure how exploring a hole in the ground will help you get back to your dark lair.

A solid minute or so of contemplation later, and you touch down on the bottom of the fissure, unable to see anything. The rumbling had steadily increased as you descended, and now it's near-deafening. You can feel the cause of it under your feet - the floor is solid enough to hold you up as long as you don't stay in one place for too long, and thick bubbles form and pop constantly in the material. Is it some kind of subterranean swamp? You're not sure. Either way, you sense that the mana down here is even MORE unused than the mana up top - it's practically suffocating with built-up energy.

(Mana: EXTREMELY HIGH)
>Cast a spell
>Stumble around blindly
>Try to go back up
>Examine the ground more thoroughly
>Write-in
1d100 for whatever you do.
>>
Rolled 44 (1d100)

>>1255
Now we light that shit up with a light spell
>>
Rolled 57 (1d100)

>>1255
>Cast a spell
I hope we can cast something to give a source of light that will not be fire. I think there could be gas down here.
>>
>>1288
Which spell, anon?
Elemental manipulation uses the existing amount of an element only
Elemental bolt produces more of the chosen element, but briefly and fleetingly
Elemental form suffuses you with the element for an extended period of time
>>
(For your sakes, the elements are as thus:
Arcane, fire, electricity, water, earth, air, light, and dark.)

>57
Because of the extreme abundance of mana down here, you opt to use one of your best spells, which would otherwise be used up far too quickly. You manipulate threads of mana into that of Elemental Light, and then weave such into the very fiber of your being. You and your armor begins to give off intense, bright rays of light, which illuminate your immediate area with ease. You note, with distaste, that it also gives you a somewhat holy aura, which would be caustic to any demonic entity that was within it.

The first thing you notice about your surroundings is that the semisolid floor is a deep green, and actually covered in a thin layer of moss or mold that adjusts every time a bubble shows up and pops. It bubbles and boils endlessly, with no discernible cause to such - perhaps it's a mere chemical reaction?
Besides that, at the edges of your light, you see and opt to go towards:
>A cave dug into the wall, clearly with tools. The floor there is solid, and should be much less tiresome to deal with.
>A jagged circular set of stone altars, situated at the edges of the 'swamp', but somehow not sinking into it. (Roll 1d100)
>A wall with ancient writing upon it (Roll 1d100 to decipher)
>>
File: tegaki.png (21KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
21KB, 400x400px
>>1404
>>
Rolled 8 (1d100)

>>1404
(Heh, Holy OverLord)

>A wall with ancient writing upon it (Roll 1d100 to decipher)
We may not get time to look at it later is my thinking.
>>
Rolled 81 (1d100)

>>1472
Supporting this
>>
File: 1455405053981.jpg (25KB, 320x304px) Image search: [Google]
1455405053981.jpg
25KB, 320x304px
Eh, I'm gonna drop this I think. It was fun for a little bit, but I was only really doing it to pass the time until my tabletop game started

Sorry to you two noblemen who stayed with me for so long, it was fun!
>>
>>1498
And I had such a good roll too!

It was fun. Hopefully we'll see something from you again soon.
>>
>>1498
Later.
>>
>>1498
you can always continue it later.
>>
Anyone else here?
>>
>>1857
Yup.
>>
>>1912
http://boards.4chan.org/tg/thread/46942883#bottom

Come quest with us
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.