[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Greatest CIV Thread Ever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 4

File: 10-races.jpg (107KB, 730x500px) Image search: [Google]
10-races.jpg
107KB, 730x500px
CIV thread.

Multiple choice, crowd input for extra options (outside of the settings/races) very welcome. I reward creativity and critical thinking. I will test you, I will maim you and kill you if you fail. This world is vast, luscious, and dangerous. Pay attention to the details! Are you ready to live the story we're going to create? Are you ready for the greatest CIV thread of your life? Most of all, are you ready to have a lot of fun?

Pick a race first. Setting options will be listed after.

First to 3 wins
Orcs
Humans
Dwarves
Gnomes
Halflings
Goblins
Elves
Undead
Lizardfolk
Insectoids
Dark Elves
Vampires
>>
Dark Elves
>>
>>1845759
1 for dark elves!
>>
>>1845753
Goblin
>>
>>1845773
1 for goblins!

both of these are going to be a lot of fun
>>
Lizardfolk, come on folks, lets worship the old ones!
>>
>>1845794
1 for Lizardfolk!

i love these options, theres so much unusual stuff we can do with them
>>
ORCS
>>
>>1845753
>Vampires
>>
lol quick everyone choose something different
>>
File: rivetz2.jpg (48KB, 375x612px) Image search: [Google]
rivetz2.jpg
48KB, 375x612px
>>1845851
>>1845846
>>1845794
>>1845773
>>1845759

It's a five way tie lol

I'm into all this build up. I'm thinking I'm going to keep this going for at least several hours. Hopefully the whole night if I can stay up. Hope you're ready to reap what you're sowing.
>>
File: Voting.jpg (31KB, 500x291px) Image search: [Google]
Voting.jpg
31KB, 500x291px
>>1845858
>>
Alright let's be some (((Dark))) Elves then
>>
>>1845895
2 for Dark Elves!
>>
come on guys, think of the grand ziggurats we'll raise to honor our dragon gods, the vast marshes and deserts we will rule.
>>
I'll go for Dark Elves.
>>
>>1845959
>>1845895
>>1845759
3 for dark elves!

>>1845955
Sorry friendle. Play anyway! It'll be fun.

Setting options OTW
>>
Settings:

Desert
Tundra
Deep Jungle
Tropical Jungle
Arctic
Underground
Archipelago
Redwood Forests
Mountains
>>
>>1845972
lets go with the Underground option
>>
>>1845955
We can always have Lizardfolks build those grand ziggurats and then take them for ourselves after we enslave the local populous

>>1845972
Lets go with something a bit more exotic Archipelago
>>
>>1845972
OH

SWAMP IS ALSO AN OPTION

forgot that one

>>1845977
1 for underground
>>
Rolled 1 (1d2)

>>1845972
I'm stuck between Underground and Archipelago

I'll roll
>>
>>1845980
1 for archipelago
>>1845987
idk which one won
>>
>>1845992
Underground
>>
>>1845994
>>1845980
>>1845977
I think there is one more person who would want to vote. I will wait five mins for them and get the ball rolling on Underground if they don't.
>>
File: jack.jpg (25KB, 331x241px) Image search: [Google]
jack.jpg
25KB, 331x241px
OK Ladies and Gentlemen,

ROLL CALL

You are 40 Drow who find themselves in an underground cavern. What do you want to focus on first?

A. Exploration
B. Leadership
>>
>>1846026
Here!
A. Exploration
Making sure we wont get murdered but any local fauna
Also whats our tech level like? Is it like pre-history, stone tools? or bronze or iron age.
>>
>>1846026
B. Leadership
>>
>>1846026
>A. Exploration
>>
>>1846046
We start from the ground up basically.
>>1846052

Looks like we need a tiebreaker
>>
>>1846058
Well, okay Im willing to switch my vote to deciding a leader.
>>
>>1846046
>>1846052
>>1846056
Sweet

The cavern you find yourselves in is pitch black. Luckily for you, Drow have some pretty good night vision and you are able to see quite well. The cavern is not particularly vast, but it fits your population comfortably. Upon surveying the walls, you find a few passages. One is twice as tall and wide as any Drow. A second is floor level and would require you to crawl one by one through it. The third will fit one Drow at a time, walking. You also notice some mushrooms clustered around the walls.

What do?

Investigate the:

A. Largest passage
B. The floor level passage
C. The Drow size passage
D. The mushrooms
C. Leadership

Feel free to ask any questions you can think of!
>>
>>1846087
D. the mushrooms, lets see if they're useful in any way
>>
>>1846087
C. The Drow size passage

Mushrooms and underground usually mean trouble
>>
>>1846081
sorry anon, missed that one

I will be more patient in the future
>>
>>1846096
Changing my vote, Im going with
C. Drow sized passage
>>
>>1846087
>C. The Drow size passage
>>
>>1846120
>>1846110
>>1846096
>>1846094
Interesting choice, anons.

You decide to send a scout and he returns reporting that the Drow-sized passage is long and winding. He is gone for an hour and states that he saw no end to it. There are many smaller passages which lead off from it in various ways, though he stayed in the main. He also reports that the walls turn darker the deeper he goes in. They go from rocky browns and tans to black. In some parts it is even smooth.

What do?

A. Send greater scout party down there
B. Investigate other tunnels
C. Investigate mushrooms
>>
>>1846145
B. Investigate other tunnels
>>
>>1846145
I fear the deeper earth at the moment, we are nothing but stone age savages/ hunter gathers at this point which happen to have night vision. I feel we should look at the mushrooms, for food and for poisons for eventual weapons. So im going with
C. mushrooms
>>
>>1846145
>C. Investigate mushrooms
Some sort of fucked temple
>>
>>1846152
>>1846169
>>1846182

There are several varieties of mushrooms in the cavern. Some have long stalks with a small white cap. Others are thick and short with flat red caps. Another sort seems to grow exclusively on the cave walls, like sets of stairs. Another is is short and bulbous, of a yellow color, and grows in very large clusters.

How would you like to investigate?

A. Touch
B. Smell
C. Feel
D. Listen
>>
>>1846203
B. Smell
D. Listen
>>
>>1846203
A. Touch
>>
>>1846203
The fact that there's a listen option frightens me more than if should.
D. let us listen see if we here any movement and if theres nothing lets
B. smell them very carefully
>>
>>1846218
>>1846217
>>1846213

The Drow divide up the labor. A few take the wallshrooms, a few the longstalks, a few the flattops, and a few the yellowherds.
>>
>>1846230
The Longstalks report that they heard nothing and smelled nothing. However, upon touching them, noticed a slight vibration.

The wallshrooms report a dusty smell and no sound. Upon touching, they find that they have a very strong shell. They try to pry some from the wall by hand and do not succeed. However, they are confident that they could with some kind of tool.
>>
>>1846253
>>1846230

The flattops report a musty smell and no sound. The feel of these mushrooms smooth and slightly fuzzy.

The yellowherds report an odor which stings their nostrils. When listening, they hear what they describe as a sort of buzzing. A few of the group touch them and immediately jerk their hands back. Their fingertips show small lacerations. They are not very painful, but it was surprising.

Alight anons. What now?

A. Taste, and if so which ones
B. Just leave all this stuff alone, fuck those yellow things
C. Harvest what you want without tasting at all
>>
>>1846293
A. taste some.
We should taste the long stalks and see if we can try some of the wall shrooms.
Im nervous about the musty smell of the flattops, but I know nothing about mushrooms.
>>
>>1846303
sure, lets get high
>>
>>1846303
>>1846312
The wallshrooms are too hard to taste. One Drow volunteers to try a Longstalk. He reports that he feels nothing, but the mushroom is delicious.

What do now?

A. Collect the Longstalks for food
B. Taste others?
C. Get some rocks and start trying to detach the wallshrooms
>>
>>1846330
A. Try to harvest enough longstalks to feed all of us for a few days
Also can we have some drow on overwatch looking around making sure nothing sneaks up on us
>>
>>1846330
>A. Collect the Longstalks for food

C. Get some rocks and start trying to detach the wallshrooms
We could use them for clubs and armor
>>
>>1846340
i support this
>>
>>1846340
>>1846343
You set a few sentries to survey the cavern in case of trouble. The majority of your population sets out to looking for stone with which to dislodge the wallshrooms. A few begin to pick the longstalks and graze as they go.

You accumulate a good amount of rocks, mostly the size of a fist or smaller. A few of the younger Drow, including the one who at the first longstalk make a sport of throwing them at the white caps. You observe that they are quite accurate with these. The observing Drow turn their eyes to follow the flight of the stones. After a particularly accurate shot, they turn back to the throwers and notice that one of them is on the ground. He writhes and screams clutching his belly, half tearing the ragged cloth around his abdomen. In a few moments he is stone dead.

The grazers picking the longstalks drop all of their collected caps and begin to panic furiously. There are 5 in total. What do you do?

A. Kill them before they do any damage to the group
B. Let them suffer and die
C. Other! Think!!!!!
>>
>>1846379
>C. Other! Think!!!!!
Have other members hold these people down, maybe they'll calm down
>>
>>1846379
Goddamn shrooms

C) Get a head count of everyone that at the shrooms and quarantine them. Any who start acting up, A
>>
>>1846379
well fuck I was hoping for a stable food source.
lets do other
C. we have quickly induce vomiting, try to force everyone who has eaten the stalks to throw up
>>
>>1846391
>>1846393
>>1846394

You quarantine the five who ate the longstalks and hold them down on their bellies. A female Drow forces her finger down each of their throats and they begin to vomit chunks of longstalks.3 of the grazers expel relatively small amounts from their stomachs and seem to have emptied their stocks. Two continue to vomit large quantities and die in screaming convulsions amidst the vomiting.

We are down to 37 Drow total.

The population is shocked, but a lesson is learned, even though it was hard fought.

Slowly, they continue the work with the wallshrooms and pry them from their precipices.
They are hard, but very light. They don't seem to make good clubs due to this. However, you notice that some of the mushrooms which were hit with rocks do not even have dents in them, even though the young Drow were throwing quite hard.

What do?

A. Taste other mushrooms
B. Explore other passages
C. Investigate wallshrooms further
>>
I will try to pick up the pace from now on so you guys can expect responses to be a little more frequent. I will tell you if I need a break or anything. Anybody need a break?
>>
>>1846421
B. lets look around some more before fully settling in and building our civilization, we need to find a cave area with a sustainable food source and water
>>
>>1846421
C) Test out the limitations of these Mushrooms, we may have found make shift shields until we've found ore
>>
>>1846421
>B. Explore other passages
Well now that we need another source of food
>>
>>1846427
Im just about to hit the hay right now, but other folk can take up the torch of leading our civilization. And thanks for making a civ thread!
>>
>>1846427
I'm good for the most part. Can pop in and out
>>
>>1846433
>>1846432
>>1846430

A Drow volunteer pokes his body through the small floor level hole and reports that it is the opening to a vast cavern, that there is a red glow in the distance. Additionally, it feels warmer in the cavern.

A group of other Drow find the very large passage to be strewn with many different shaped rocks. They believe that they smell water in the distance. You find that some of the sharper stones can be driven through the wallshrooms if hammered in with another stone. These make small punctures.

What do?

A. Explore small passage
B. Explore large passage
C. Explore drow sized passage further
D. Investigate wallshrooms further
E. Investigate other shrooms

What do?

Explore
>>
>>1846438
Have a good night
>>1846449
cool
>>
>>1846470
>B

Lets stealthfully secure this water source if its legit
>>
>>1846470
>B. Explore large passage
>>
>>1846498
>>1846501

You send a few Drow scouts to explore the large passage quietly. They soon report back that they found a large pool of water. And that it emitted a dull white light. Around the other side of the pool of water, they spied a creature on two legs drinking and what looks like collecting various things at the shore. They say they could not make out its features very well, but it had a tail as long as its legs.

What do?

A. Track the creature
B. Leave it alone for now and work on other things (the things are open to suggestion)
>>
>>1846531
Gather up our stones and mushroom shields, we're going a hunting.
A
>>
>>1846531
A. Track the creature
>>
>>1846557
>>1846563
You gather up the stones and mushrooms and send out a large hunting party. They make their way to the pool of light water and trace the shores so as to go around. You follow the creature's tracks down a few winding passages before you notice that it appears to have been joined by others. There are at least half a dozen other footprints in their midst. Do you keep following?

Y
N
>>
>>1846583
Negative ghostrider

Fall back
>>
I'm exhausted, guys. I think I'm going to stop it here. Bye bye foreverrrr. Thanks for playing!
>>
Nite

thanks for running
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.