[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Abhuman Quest: Issue #2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 196
Thread images: 16

File: Quest Header 2.jpg (165KB, 564x1047px) Image search: [Google]
Quest Header 2.jpg
165KB, 564x1047px
>The Intro
Hey y'all. This is Abhuman Quest. In this quest you'll be playing as a young abhuman in what many call the greatest city in the world. Jewel City. In this world, somewhere between 10 to 25 percent of the worlds population possess unique abilities. These individuals are generally referred to as Abhumans. Ever since an event know as Red Friday, heroes and villains alike have become nearly commonplace across the globe and the world has survived many crises. Alien invasions, a viral plague of undead, a rogue A.I., even visitors from deep in the earth. In this land of opportunity, you will have the power to make things happen and maybe even change the world.

>The Rules
I will write up the life of our young MC and you will be given prompts to direct him. Whether you become a world class hero, revel in your infamy, or enjoy an anonymous life is all up to you.
Some things will require a dice roll to determine success or failure or something else entirely. Write In's are absolutely encouraged but I reserve the right to torpedo anything.

The voting period will last about 20 minutes after the prompts are given. I will then announce the voting closed and write up the chosen response.

>The Dice
We will be using 1d100 ninety percent of the time here. Best of three. We might use something else when applicable. I'll be running with a loose sort of degrees of success/failure thing here so no real DCs.

>The Pastebin
https://pastebin.com/hUhuBkxc
Here's where the info on mechanics are, along with a chart of your current stats, social links, and power progress.

>The Twitter
https://twitter.com/SleepyQM
Follow me here for updates on runtimes and whatnot.

>The Archives
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?tags=SleepyQM
Here's the collection of past threads. Give the ones you like a thumbs up, helps let me know I'm doing it right.

>The Point
Let's have some fun.
>>
File: Lilith serious.jpg (90KB, 1000x1389px) Image search: [Google]
Lilith serious.jpg
90KB, 1000x1389px
>>1836577
This is more than you had expected.

The room you're standing in has low lighting, presumably to help the mood the entire establishment is trying to establish. That of a dark and moody sort of air associated with lounges from a bygone era. The obvious scent of cigarette smoke is particularly thick in here. And clings to the woman who you assume is the proprietor. Lilith. Richard's called her a friend. And compared to the men and women in expensive suits that practically line the wood paneled walls of this room, she is quite familiar with her. Calling her Lilly. But you know who she is.

Lilith, is the undisputed Queen of legal and illegal entertainment in Jewel City. Your directors have mentioned multiple times that her identity must have been scrubbed. Lilith is not her real name and she has never used an alias. She simply appeared about a decade and a half ago and slowly worked her way to the top of her own section of the criminal underworld. She is also regarded as one of the most elusive villains of Jewel City, despite her very public identity. Everything she does is masked in legality, it's known that she has hands in all kinds of things. But one thing should be noted. She holds a passionate hatred for anything even resembling human trafficking or slavery. And she has used her influence, wealth, and power to crush it underfoot many times in the past.

Quite a few normal civilians thank her for the virtually non-existent human trafficking in Jewel City. That does not sit well with the police. As such, many cases have been leveled against her. But not a single one has been successful. Not to mention that somehow, it is known that she is an abhuman, but her abilities are completely unknown. And the Corp you work- used to work for. Has quite the resources at their disposal. If even their own files do not contain her secret then it must be one of the most well kept secrets in the city.

Richards, or 'Angie' as she's been called by Lilith. Practically flops down into a pristine white chair in front of the villains large wooden desk. The woman herself looks at you with eyes that seem to shift between predatory and pure curiosity. She gracefully slides her waterfalls of raven hair off of her shoulders to her back and smiles again. "Please. Come in and have a seat. I treat my guests well. I can assure you."

As you take another step across the floor to get closer you are suddenly reminded of your quickening heartbeat. You can feel the eyes of each and every one of her employees as you walk the simple several feet from the door to the chair. But Lilith simply smiles and waits patiently. The music emanating from the main room echoes into this room and you can feel it go from the soles of your feet up to the top of your head. The squeak of your shoes against the floor makes your eye twitch. And you can feel cold sweat slowly roll down your smooth head.

>Continued
>>
>>1836585
"Zee? You ain't lookin so hot, you okay?" Richards reaches out but retracts her hand before she gets too close.

"I- I will be fine, Richards." She frowns, but doesn't say anything else.

You sit in the chair, as it seems Lilith will not commence her end of the conversation until you do so. The villainess seems pleased when you finally do so. "Hmm... I'm not quite sure where to begin. This is quite the fortunate meeting for me. Angie, perhaps we should start from the beginning, I trust you have a good reason for bringing your friend here so I'll get to the point. What can I do for you both?"

The mercenary beside you speaks first. "I know I usually call before I show up, but tonight is kinda sorta an emergency."

Lilith produces an electronic cigarette from her jacket pocket and presses down a button until a ring lights up around the device's opposite end and a slow wisp of smoke forms from the thin tube. "Please, tell me more."

Richards visibly cringes over the sight. "Lil, why do you gotta smoke that crap when you can afford tons of the good stuff!"

Lilith just sighs. "Because Angelica, your traditional product still causes some health issues, despite the companies promoting otherwise. Electronic tastes better, smells better, and won't give me cancer." Her smoke smells like cinnamon, and apples.

"They haven't done that for like two decades!"

She continues to just smile. "Regardless Angelica, you know I do not act without all of the reasonably acquirable information. And so I implore you. Tell me about your night."

"Oh right yeah. So..." Richards recounts events without any discrepancies from what she had told you. All the way up until the ride here. Lilith absorbs it all without saying a word. She rolls her cigarette between her fingers with a slightly distant look on her face.

She is no longer smiling. "And this corporation, are you aware of their name? Mister..."

"My designation is-"

Richards throws up her hands. "Just call 'im Zee for cryin out loud."

She looks to you. "Is this acceptable to you?"

You shrug. "I suppose. If my designation is so inconvenient to the conversation." You find yourself looking down at your suit. "They are known as Prometheus Biotech."

Richards nearly spits at the words while Lilith merely raises an eyebrow. "So, the largest biotech corporation in the world is training their own living weapons. But that raises another question." She points the cigarette in your direction. "Were you made, or were you born?"

"Taken." The word nearly flies out of your mouth. Surprising yourself, you take a moment before continuing. "I was taken, kidnapped when I was 10 years old. I- I was not born there."

Surprising you again, she smiles again, this time it's... warmer. "So you should have a name, not a designation. Do you remember your name?"

>Continued
>>
>>1836587
Do you remember your name? Do you? You haven't- you haven't thought about it in so long. Your brow furrows in concentration and Lilith just holds up a hand. "It is more than fine if you cannot or do not wish to remember. I know what sort of things you've been put through. Let us focus elsewhere, shall we?" She leans forward in her chair, her white suit becomes illuminated by the shaft of light flowing down onto her desk. "You are out of the hands of those who would control you. You may be overwhelmed, you may be full of ideas. So I ask you, could you tell me how I can help you?"

The question takes you off guard, you feel your eyes widen just a bit and Lilith just holds that same ever calm expression. Seconds pass, and you can't seem to find the words. How can she help you? What you wanted was quite simple not too long ago. But you're no longer there, now you are here. And they cannot take you back. So what do you want? No one is giving you an order, Carver is not here to threaten you, scientists are not here to cut and burn you.

What do you want?

>"Why are you helping me so readily?"
>"...how do you and Richards know each other?"
>"I want the life that was taken from me."
>"I only want to survive, and I never want to go back."
>Write-In?
>>
>>1836606
>>
>>1836606
>"I only want to survive, and I never want to go back"
>>
>>1836606
>>"I want the life that was taken from me."
>>
>>1836606
>>
>>1836606
I want to follow only my own orders and see the world
>>
>>1836606
Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night, I can feel my leg... And my arm... even my fingers... The body I've lost... the comrades I've lost... won't stop hurting... It's like they're all still there. You feel it, too, don't you? I'm gonna make them give back our past!
>>
>>1836606
>>
>>1836606
>>
>>1836606
>>"I want the life that was taken from me."
>>
>>1836606
>>
>>1836606
>>
>>1836606
>I want to survive. I want to live. I don't want to be awakened only to follow orders.
>>
>>1836606
>>
I feel like at this point the two obvious winners should be merged in some way. Just omit the "only" part.
>>
>>1836697
Works for me
>>
>>1836697
I'd be fine with that, it's split evenly enough and most of the write ins are basically the same thing anyway.
>>
>>1836611
>>1836619
>>1836621
>>1836623
>>1836634
>>1836635
>>1836640
>>1836643
>>1836648
>>1836651
>>1836653
>>1836666
>>1836679
>>1836697
>>1836711
>>1836715

Almost an even split. And these two options aren't mutually exclusive. So we will combine them!

>Writing
>>
>>1836717
Silence falls over the room as your mind struggles to find an answer. What do you want? You cannot remember the last time someone asked you that. You are here now. No longer underground. No longer a prisoner. No longer will you be a tool to be used. You are free? But what does one do with freedom? When Lilith asked you for your name, your true name, the one you were given by your parents. You tried going back as far as you could. But you are coming up empty. But everything else that is important is there.

You remember, the laughter of the people around you. Food that you didn't absorb intravenously, the smells of it. The smells. Something like... lavender? It's all there. You remember when your childhood became pain and fear. But it's so difficult to go back. You want it. You want what was taken from you. More than that, you want to survive. You want to be in this world. To experience it. You will never be locked away again.

"I want it back." Richards and Lilith are both momentarily surprised by the sound of your voice. Your determination. "I want what I lost. If it can be retrieved. And- I want to survive. I want to live, here. In the real world." Your hands tighten around the armrests of the chair without you realizing it.

Lilith, for her part. releases a plume of smoke from her nostrils and leans back. "Someone who knows what they want. I like that. I do believe I can help you. But you must be acquainted with two realities of your situation." She tucks her cigarette into the corner of her mouth and runs her finger across a smooth button on her desk, revealing a holo display and keyboard. She begins typing away. "Firstly considering what has happened to you, you are either legally dead within official records or your identity was purged from most systems."

Richards spins her hat on one finger while she waits. "It's kinda standard for making someone disappear. I seen corps do it. I seen supervillains do it. Hell, sometimes mercs do it if they got the power and connections to make it happen."

Lilith nods. "Precisely, which is why I'm going to have to ask for your name once again, Zee. Even just a first or last name could be crucial in the search. I will also need to know when you were taken, or as close to it as you can remember."

Your brow furrows again as you think hard. Thinking on things you normally ignore. "I know for a fact that my kidnapping took place when I was 10 years old. When referring to me during my recent medical examinations, the scientists reminded each other that I am twenty years of age. This coupled with the fact that I remember seeing the new years celebration before I was at the facility, proves that I am 20 years old. And I was kidnapped 10 years ago. As the year was 2055."

"So your last memory is of the 2055 new years festivities. That will help narrow down the possibilities significantly. Now, I'm afraid I'll have to ask for a name once more. We need a name search more efficiently."

>Roll 1d100 -10
>>
Rolled 1 - 10 (1d100 - 10)

>>1836895
for love and family
>>
Rolled 10 - 10 (1d100 - 10)

>>1836895
>>
>>1836901
welp

guess that was not meant to be
>>
Rolled 98 (1d100)

>>1836895
>>
>>1836901
trauma time
>>
>>1836901
>>1836903
oh shit
>>1836908
That's better
>>
>>1836908
Good thing the OP doesn't mention any crits or crit fails.
>>
>>1836929
Those make things more interesting though.
>>
>>1836941
Things can still be interesting without an auto pass / fail.
>>
File: 1498011701357.jpg (54KB, 650x500px) Image search: [Google]
1498011701357.jpg
54KB, 650x500px
>>1836901
Oh shit son! That there is a crit fail!

No but really, that's unfortunate...

>>1836929
I didn't. But I thought it was summed that crits were active unless stated otherwise.

I think using crits on D20 is shit but on D100 it's pretty fair. This is only like, the second critfail you guys have gotten if you count Metahuman Quest.

>Writing
>>
>>1836950
>summed

I meant assumed

Brain don work none too gud
>>
>>1836950
Oh well, I can try.
>>
>>1836950
Oh shit i'm scared
>>
File: It's too much.jpg (70KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
It's too much.jpg
70KB, 500x750px
>>1836950
Remember. What is your name. You do not have a designation. You have a name. What is it?!

Blood, you remember. Sickeningly sweet scents wafting through the air. Something deafeningly loud. So bright. Fire? No. Someone screaming. Wailing. Someone holding you tightly. Tubes. Lights. It's too much!

You snap back to reality upon hearing the familiar clicks of firearms being readied. All of Lilith's people have taken one or two steps toward you, all reaching for a weapon concealed on their person. Your cold sweat is dripping down you neck now. It would be drenching your suit if it wasn't proofed against such things. It seems your claws have come out unbidden, and ripped far into the fabric of the chair. Your heartbeat settles and your breathing slows as you take deep breathes.

Richards seems worried but Lilith has only leaned back in her chair. She's holding up a hand, holding back her guards? Once you look her in the eye she dismisses them back to their original positions with a wave. "Clearly, you are not ready to dive into your memories." She sighs and takes a long drag before continuing. "No need to dwell, for now let's move on to the other reality you must consider."

"And what is that?" You ask, wanting to find anything else to think about.

"The fact that you are now in the real world, without a name or a face as far as the system is concerned. You have absolutely nothing to your name, hmm poor choice of words. And, the only skillset you have is what you were given as a tool of Prometheus." She stops typing and places a hand on her chin. "I'm afraid that finding honest work will be... difficult, for someone in your particular situation."

"What do you suggest?"

She gets back to smiling. "I have a proposition for you. I can get you a job, one where you can continue to use your abilities, survive, and live, as you say you want. And I will do this regardless. But there is one question. Do you want to do this alone?"

>Continue
>>
>>1837135
The look on your face must be an indication that you don't know what she's talking about as she simply continues. "I can set you up with a contact of mine. He will definitely be interested in someone with your skills. He will give you work and you will be completely free to accept or decline anything. Much like our friend Angelica here, you'll essentially be a Freelancer."

"Or..." Richards cuts in. No longer impatiently playing with her hat.

"Or, I can set up a meeting between yourself and a group of young people, much like yourself. People that ran out of choices and decided to make their own. They run together as a team and seek freedom through it." Lilith seems almost... proud? When she speaks of them. But her face turns serious in the span of time that you look away and back. "But I must give you warning. Deciding to join them means being a part of a team. Something you are not used to whatsoever. I believe it could do wonders for your... mental health. But it comes with responsibilities. What do you think?"

You look at Richards and she shrugs. "Either sounds good to me Zee, you ain't got Prometheus pulling your strings anymore so you could do anything really. I like to work alone, but I wouldn't blame you if you wanted a team to watch your back. Or maybe... friends? I dunno."

Well, what do you think?

>"I do not wish to be involved with others at this point. Direct me to your contact."
>"I will meet them. This team. Perhaps this would be best."
>"What sort of jobs do they perform? Are they Freelancers?"
>"Prometheus is too large and too well funded to not pursue me. Can you help with that?"
>"How are you connected to this group?"
>Write-In?
>>
>>1837143
>"I do not wish to be involved with others at this point. Direct me to your contact."
>>
>>1837143
>>
>>1837143
>>
>>1837143
>>
>>1837143
>>"I will meet them. This team. Perhaps this would be best."
Its more fun when there is characters to share the experience.
>>
>>1837143
our parents are dead, aren't they

>What sort of jobs do they perform? Are they Freelancers?
>Why are you helping me? Is it because you hate slavery?
>>
>>1837143
>>"What sort of jobs do they perform? Are they Freelancers?"
>"How are you connected to this group?"
Now that I think of it, we should start doing questions now that we got the chance.
>>
>>1837143
>>
>>1837143
>>
>>1837143
>>"What sort of jobs do they perform? Are they Freelancers?"
>>
>>1837143
>"I will meet them. This team. Perhaps this would be best. I need to learn what its like to be treated as human, to have friends, to laugh and to cry, i need people"
>>
>>1837150
>>1837163
>>1837165
>>1837169
>>1837175
>>1837197
>>1837202
>>1837213
>>1837224
>>1837234
>>1837245

Sorry for the delay, seems we wanna ask some questions and meet the team.
>>
>>1837143
>>
>>1837252
And oh yeah

>Writing
>>
>>1837264
Become a Freelancer? Like Richards? Yes, it could be. The first step to the freedom you seek. You are accustomed to taking your orders, and working alone until you complete the mission. It wouldn't be difficult. Nor would it be too different from what you've always done. So perhaps- perhaps you should do something different.

"I will meet this team. But first. I have questions of my own." Lilith just nods and waves her hand in a flourish, saying 'ask away'. "How are you connected to this group? And, what sort of jobs does this team perform? Are they a group of Freelancers?"

"I am connected to them, in that I have sponsored them. Given them money on occasion. Though I haven't done so in quite a while. I have also offered them jobs from time to time. Other than that. I am simply another client to them." She takes a drag before continuing. "They've done several different types of work, security, infiltration, theft, suppression, and more beyond that."

She answers without hesitation. "I see. Then my answer has not changed. I will meet them. And then I will decide where I will go."

"I wouldn't have it any other way." She grins, showing two barely pointed teeth in her smile for a bare second. "Now, it will take at least a day to summon them. And I do believe it is... 3:12 in the morning. I do not require as much sleep as most people but you must be exhausted after the day you've had. Allow me to set you up in one of our private rooms for the night." She snaps her fingers and on command, her security force exits her office and two of them walk up on either side of you. "Please, escort our new friend to a room away from any other guests we might have and see to it that he is not disturbed."

You stand and the two suited men begin to walk out of the office and you follow. "Hey, Zee." Richards calls out and you look over your shoulder. "I'm glad you came, even happier just to see you out. I uh, I hope you find yourself or whatever."

"...So do I." It's all you can think to say as you're lead back into the dark upper hallways of the lounge. You can hear a new conversation between Richards and Lilith begin but it only fades and trails off the farther you get.

>Continued
>>
>>1837414
The two men lead you on silently, you pass through several halls lit up with warm but weak light before you reach a room with double doors paneled in wood. One of the men produces a keycard from his suit jacket pocket and opens the door before handing it to you. With nothing to be said, you wordlessly enter the room and they close the door behind you.

Inside it's a high quality suite. You've been in one before, on a mission. But of course it's never been your own. It's done up in the same retro stylings as the rest of the place, wood. Real, and no doubt very expensive. Even the same lighting. You find yourself standing in the center of the room, doing nothing for several minutes. Unsure of just where to sit.

You eventually settle on the bed, laying the room key on the nightstand. It's large and circular. And, incredibly soft. It's... too soft. You sit cross legged upon the bed and just run your hands along the fabric until you hit something. A remote? Pressing the power button turns on the television in the wall opposite of the bed and shows what must be the musical performance going on downstairs. A woman is singing. You do not know how to judge such a thing. But you do find her voice to be pleasant.

>Try to get some sleep
>Sleep somewhere else
>Try to sing along
>Remove your suit to get more comfortable
>Write In?

Sorry for the delay again. Apparently, there's some shit going down between my neighbors and someone called the cops.
>>
>>1837420
>sleep somewhere else

Try to find something nice and comfortable like a closet we can relearn beds later.
>>
>>1837420
>Try to sing along
>Remove your suit to get more comfortable
>>
>>1837420
>Try to get some sleep
>>
>>1837420
>>Try to get some sleep
>>
>>1837420
>Write In?
watch spongebob for an hour, then sleep

>Sorry for the delay again. Apparently, there's some shit going down between my neighbors and someone called the cops.

what did you do? baka
>>
>>1837420
Take a shower and wear a bath robe. Then try to sleep.
>>
>>1837420
>Lay back and enjoy the song
singing along would be difficult without knowing the lyrics.

Enjoy the moment.
>>
>>1837420
>>Try to sing along
>>
>>1837420
>Try to sing along
>>
>>1837420
>>Try to get some sleep
>>
>>1837420
>Try to get some sleep
>>
>>1837420
>Try to sing along
>>
>>1837425
>>1837426
>>1837427
>>1837428
>>1837429
>>1837430
>>1837437
>>1837439
>>1837465
>>1837479
>>1837485
>>1837488

Looks like we want to try and sleep, but first. We're curious about our musical muscles.

>Roll 1d100
Just for fun
>>
Rolled 100 (1d100)

>>1837503

Rolling
>>
>>1837505
incoming coma
>>
>>1837505
Well, we need a manager.
>>
Rolled 87 (1d100)

>>1837503
>>
>>1837505
It appears that God has blessed these chords
>>
Rolled 12 (1d100)

>>1837503
>singing
was it autism?
>>
>>1837505
Mutated vocal chords when?
>>
File: IMG_0973.png (28KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0973.png
28KB, 236x236px
>>1837519
>>1837523
>>
File: 1459372780301.png (85KB, 265x348px) Image search: [Google]
1459372780301.png
85KB, 265x348px
>>1837505
I was sitting at my desk. Drinking my water, thinking 'watch them roll a 100'

Congratulations. I had to clean water off my keyboard.

>The next post may be just a little delayed
>>
>>1837505
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dcbw4IEY5w
>>
>>1837555
>Congratulations. I had to clean water off my keyboard.

I feel fucking proud of that.

And I totally had the same "...I'm gonna roll a 100." feeling.
>>
also cape name get: nightingale
>>
>>1837608
Vocal Chord*
>>
>>1837608
that's gay as shit
>>
>>1837608
>>1837617

How about: Shuffle

Shuffling around powers, plus it's referencing the shuffle setting for music players.
>>
>>1837608
We are a weird ass lizard morpher currently. Our name should reflect that.
>>
Do we really need a super name?
>>
>>1837647

Maybe, maybe not.

It'll come up later, I bet, when we meet with the crew Lilith knows.
>>
>>1837647
Honestly seeing as we are about to join a squad of villains we will probably get a name given to us by the newspapers anyways and just being known as Z is enough of a pseudonym for most people.
>>
>>1837647
Well we will probably end up needing one for work sooner or later, although I suppose Cee will do for now?
>>
>>1837654
I'm personally just fine with Z
>>
>>1837643
>weird ass lizard morpher
we arent a lizard tho
>>
>>1837668
>camouflage
>pads on our fingers and toes that let uys climb on walls
>a prehensile tail

That's a gecko person.
>>
>>1837555
You close your eyes and allow the sound to be the only thing in your world. The only thing that matters to your senses. the tones and beats of the music become clear to you first. Then the woman's voice. The sound of her voice rings in your ears as she slowly and expertly delivers her notes. The song passes by over a few minutes. And is followed by raving applause. And an outcry for an encore.

The singer obliges after being given a moment to rest her voice. But this time. You attempt to sing along with her. You can't say why. You had no desire to immediately attempt to sleep without your pod for the first time. So, you sing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTs8vFvodAQ

The melody is slow to start, it's... melancholic. Sad. The player on bass is first and foremost, then piano. This style of music is consistent with the constant theme of this establishment. You begin roughly at the same time as the singer, following her tone and keeping your voice on the same level as hers. Soon enough, the song speeds up. Gradually, growing more hopeful in tone as it goes.

Before long, you've lost track of yourself. And the sound simply pours out of you. You sing without a care for anything else. And end on the same note as the woman downstairs. Opening your eyes just as the crowd begins to clap thunderously for her performance. You leap off the bed, peeling your suit off as you head into the bathroom. A real shower might help you get to sleep.

Though you nearly do a double take as you pass by the wide bathroom mirror. You're... smiling. A small one but it's real. You nearly touch your own face, questioning if it's real for a split second. You decide not to question it, and enjoy yourself. You spend a good long while in the shower. SIngin along with whatever they play downstairs scrubbing yourself down and feeling your muscles uncoil under the hot water.

The suit comes back on, and you lay on top of the bed, curled up. And sleep comes easy.

>Do you dream?

>Yes
>No

Also, before you say anything shush, it's a good song. And it fits.
>>
>>1837701
>Yes
>>
>>1837701
>Yes
of sexy voices
>>
>>1837701
>>Yes
>>
>>1837701
>>Yes
>>
>>1837701
>Yes
>>
>>1837701
>Yes

of a childhood birthday party
>>
>>1837701
>>Yes

Personally, I would have gone with "Am I blue?" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuHwYMTxmR0
>>
>>1837701
>Yes
>>
>>1837701
>>Yes
>>
>>1837701

>Yes
>>
>>1837701
>Yes
I can't wait to see the consequences of this performance
>>
>>1837701
>Yes
Dream of being an Idol
>>
>>1837701
>Yes
>>
Did Z ever get any kind of education?
>>
>>1837704
>>1837709
>>1837710
>>1837712
>>1837713
>>1837714
>>1837715
>>1837719
>>1837720
>>1837727
>>1837730
>>1837765
>>1837789

Overwhelming YES

>>1837810
Yes he did. The corp taught him what they deemed necessary. Which is a lot. They didn't want him to be stupid.
>>
>>1837826
>raise illiterate supersoldier
>brings back instructions for the coffee maker instead of bomb schematics
>>
>>1837826
>Pick one

>You dream of when you were young. Before you were forced to be this way.
>You dream of the future. How things could be.
>You dream of things other things. Dreams don't always make sense.
>>
>>1837845
>>You dream of things other things. Dreams don't always make sense.
>>
>>1837845
>>You dream of when you were young. Before you were forced to be this way.
>>
>>1837845
>>
>>1837845
>>
>>1837845
>>
>>1837845
>>
>>1837845
>>You dream of when you were young. Before you were forced to be this way.
>>
>>1837845
Push towards what can be
>>
>>1837845
>>
>>1837845
>>
>>1837845
>>
>>1837852
>>1837854
>>1837856
>>1837860
>>1837863
>>1837864
>>1837867
>>1837872
>>1837873
>>1837888
>>1837893

When you were young!

>Writing
>>
>>1837943
Your consciousness reemerges after diving and before you realize it. You're in a room with a padded floor and stark white walls. Nearly featureless save for a few tables and lockers. You stand apart from the three people standing in this room. Carver. Much younger. Less scarred. And you believe, less angry. He stand beside a pair of boys. Both of their heads are recently shaven.

One stands with tiny glowing coronas on his fingertips. He's taller than the other boy. And his blue eyes are tear stained.

The other is standing with his arms limp to the side. His eyes are still wet with tears. And he has no intention to fight.

He is you.

Carver speaks but it's as if you're all underwater, his speech comes out garbled and messy. You can't understand a word of what he says. But you don't have to. You remember. He order you to use your abilities. To prepare to fight. You refuse. And he hits you. Hard enough to scare you. But not enough to injure. This continues until a voice even more muted than his rings out. Carver stops and you take your place in front of the other boy.

Carver yells something. And the boy opposite you raises his fingers. Tiny shafts of light fire from his hands and strike you. Over and over. They only hit about as hard as a small rock but it still hurts. You are still scared. And he continues for what felt to you back then like hours but was probably only less than a minute. Carver sighs and is about to say something before a that same nearly non-existent voice speaks up again.

The other boy's eyes go wide and he leaps on you. He's crying again. Punching and clawing and kicking you, occasionally firing at you point blank. You don't even cry or scream as you take all of the punishment. But you're scared. Scared of the boy, scared of Carver, the voice. But most of all, what scares you the most is the fact that you an barely feel the pain anymore. One thought enters your mind. You do not want to die.

An electric shock flies through your body in an instant and the bodysuit they gave you splits open in the back. Something wraps around the boys neck and throws him to the ground. Without even thinking, you are on him. Doing the same he did to you. Inflicting damage any way you know how. Carver grabs you, but he freezes when the muted voice appears again. Louder than ever. His hand doesn't leave your shoulder. But he doesn't remove you until the boy stops moving.

Your tail waves wildly on it's own as Carver holds you down and administers sedatives. You watch from afar as the world goes dark on the day of your first kill.

>Continued
>>
>>1838311
You awaken slowly, not unlike when you are in your pod. And it slowly comes to your attention that you are on the ceiling. Your arms are hugged around your knees, bent so your feet are adhered to the ceiling. and your tail is wrapped around your body. Your eyes scan the room and soon you realize that both Lilith and Richards are staring at you from the floor.

"...Zee?" Richards begins. "Do you always sleep like that.?"

You uncurl and stick your hands to the ceiling to flip down and land on your feet. "No, I do not. My only place to sleep was a pod I was kept in to monitor my health and-"

She waves her hands frantically. "Okay, y'know what? I'll just stop asking questions that clearly have answers I won't like."

"A great policy." Say's Lilith. "Are you ready to go?"

"Yes. I am rested."

Richards and Lilith lead you down the hall that's still only covered in low light. "You hungry?"

You think on it. You've been out of your pod for over 24 hours. "I suppose I must be. I have not consumed solid food for years."

Richards scowls. "Hey, if you ever need help wrecking these Prometheus guys just gimme a call. They tried to off me anyways."

The three of you walk from the upper halls into the parking lot, and you are slowly joined by a large entourage of security belonging to Lilith. The shield you from sight on the street by forming a path with their bodies that leads straight to a white limousine. You notice in place of traditional tires are hover nodes. They hum with an invisible force as they keep the vehicle aloft.

>Continued
>>
>>1838314
The inside of the vehicle is just as luxurious as it appears from the outside. Plenty of space to sit. And expensive alcohol on ice is available in a console to the side. The ride passes by with you silent. Your concentration is on the music being played on the stereo. It's captured your attention just as the song from last night. The ride passes nearly in silence as you're ferried from to your destination.

You arrive at a nightclub, the kind that is certainly closed during the day. But that's no issue for Lilith it seems. She walks leisurely up to the front door and produces a keycard and scans her palm at the door to open it. The inside is a strange sight. A place that should be streaked with bright lights that is completely subdued. Music should be pumping into the foundation but it is dead quiet. This would indeed be a good place for a meeting. Somewhat public. And you won't be interrupted or draw suspicion.

"Welp, this is where we part ways." Richards catches you somewhat off guard. She's leaning against the doorframe, thumbing away on her phone. "I've gotta get back to work y'know? But I mean what I said. You need help? Gimme a ring. We both deserve a little payback eh?"

>"I see. If I need assistance, I will contact you."
>"That is unlikely."
>"Won't the incident damage your reputation as a Freelancer?"
>"What do you think happened to Carver?"
>Write-In?

So sorry for the delay guys. Fucking cops came to my door to ask about the shit-flinging between my neighbors
>>
>>1838325
>>"I see. If I need assistance, I will contact you."
>>"That is unlikely."
>>
>>1838325
>>
>>1838325
>>"That is unlikely."
>>
>>1838325
>"That is unlikely."
>>
>>1838325
>>
>>1838325
>>
>>1838325
>>
>>1838325
>"That is unlikely."
>>
>>1838325
>"Thank you for this."
>>
>>1838325
>>
>>1838325
>"That is unlikely."
>>
>>1838334
>>1838339
>>1838342
>>1838344
>>1838345
>>1838352
>>1838363
>>1838397
>>1838415
>>1838442

Looks like you accept the help.

>Writing
>>
>>1838461
Sleepy has been killed by the police. Never forget. #Qmlivesmatter
>>
File: Not amused.png (1MB, 1447x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Not amused.png
1MB, 1447x1080px
>>1838461
A moment of silence for those who are no longer with us.
>>
File: Night Club.jpg (49KB, 564x364px) Image search: [Google]
Night Club.jpg
49KB, 564x364px
>>1838461
"I see. Then I will call upon you if I need assistance." You pause. "Which is unlikely."

Richards burst out laughing and just shakes her head. "I'd say never change Zee. But that's why you're here. Change, and freedom right?"

"Yes. I nearly forgot what is was like to act on my own. I nearly attacked you, in the facility." She only raises an eyebrow in response. "I was afraid. Afraid to do anything without an order. I nearly sided with him in your fight."

"Hmm. Y'know, not many people would even admit that."

You look out at the Jewel City morning sun close your eyes. Just enjoying the feeling on your skin. "I am unlike most people."

"Pssh, true enough."

"One last thing. Won't the incident with Prometheus damage your reputation as a Freelancer? They could be spreading misinformation about you now."

She shrugs. "I wouldn't worry about it. My uh- let's just call her my manager. With the kind of network she has, I'm never out of a job." She flashes her index and middle finger in a V and walks off. "Later, Zee."

You wave goodbye, in what must be extraordinarily awkward fashion, turn to the darkness of the closed club. Lilith has removed her coat and is waiting behind the bar. Mixing her own drink. You sit on a barstool and Lilith regards you with her usual cool smile. "The team should be here any minute. They informed me they were on their way half an hour ago."

Nodding, you accept the glass of water that Lilith slides your way. And drink. "Can you tell me anything more about these people?"

She pours together a bright red and dark blue mixture that produces some sort of fog on contact with one another. "I could, but where's the fun in that? They'll be here soon at any rate. Besides, I feel that they will be the ones in need of an advantage in a conversation with you."

>Continued
>>
>>1838768
Um we're having a moment of silence for our dead QM, please don't interrupt.
>>
File: Grace Yi 2.jpg (137KB, 850x850px) Image search: [Google]
Grace Yi 2.jpg
137KB, 850x850px
>>1838768
Unsure what she means by that, you simply drink your water while Lilith hums to herself and sips on her drink which is now bubbling. You are bot sure if that is even safe to consume. Perhaps her abhuman ability allows her to-

Your thoughts come to a screeching halt as you hear the front door of the club slam open. Alarm bells go off in your head and you slowly turn to your right to see a a girl with dark short cropped hair, very quickly eating an entire bowl of pretzels left on the bar. She crunches extremely loudly and acts as if she didn't just appear. She stops when she notices you staring and swallows her mouthful of snacks. "Hey, didn't think you'd be here already." She pauses. "Also, didn't think you'd be bald."

"My head is shaved."

"Is there a difference?"

"If I was bald, then I'd be incapable of growing hair. But I am capable. My head is just shaven."

"Oh. Why do you shave your head?"

"I do not. I-"

"Why're you wearing that suit in broad daylight?"

"These are the o-"

"What powers you got?"

"How are you speaking so quickly?"

"Oh! Yeah, sorry, still getting used to that. Whole world seems slow sometimes. Welp, my big mouth has said enough. The rest of the team will be here any second." She blurs and reappears behind the bar with Lilith. Who is completely nonplussed by the sudden appearance of the speedster. "Hey, boss lady, got any soda back here? Most this crap makes my tongue burn."

"You'll appreciate a nice drink when your pallet matures." She replies without even looking at the girl zipping to and fro across the bar that's at least 20 feet long.

>Continued
>>
>>1838768
Shadows pass over the light pouring through the open door until it's completely blotted out. Three others crowd the doorway. A girl with long blonde hair and colorful clothes. A man with light hair and large coat. And another young man wearing a studded leather jacket with dark hair. They all scan the bar until their eyes fall on you and the girl behind the bar with Lilith. Chattering incessantly.

Your eyes lock with the man leading them in and you feel something. it's vague. But unmistakable. He's psionic. Not trying to probe your mind, but you've been trained to recognize and fight psionic influence. However rare it is. He must not be in full control of his abilities. A normal person wouldn't even recognize the extremely esoteric sort of feeling it produces.

He sits directly next to you at the bar, hopping onto the barstool. "So. I've been told that you and I should chat."

>End of Session

>Stick around guys! If you've got questions I'll answer em. Sorry I cut this short by about an hour but I've gotta take some time here. And I'll be presenting you with a couple new things. Which includes your first new mutation
>>
>>1838782
Will we need to buy a razor to stay bald or can we use our morphing abilities to remove the stubble?
>>
>>1838808
I'd like hair
>>
>>1838782
>You exercised your musical muscles and expressed yourself creatively! You've got some pipes on you! You also chose to work with a team rather than alone. Working out of your comfort zone is healthy!
>You've gained 1 POWER-point.

[MUTATION STORE]

What're ya buyin?

[Major Mutations}
Membrane Wings - 4
Hardened Skeleton - 4
Bio-Plasma Bladder - 4
Bio-Electrical System - 4
Armor Scales - 4
Dense Muscle Weave - 4

[Moderate Mutations]
Tentacles - 2
Venom Gland - 2
Jaws {Upgrade} - 2
Claws {Upgrade) - 2
Extra Arms - 2
Tail Stinger - 2
Tail Pincer - 2

[Minor Mutations]
Horns - 1
Purifier Organ - 1
Night Vision - 1
Aquatic Lungs - 1
Olfactory Enhancement - 2
Auditory Enhancement - 2

BANK - 0

Or bank it?

>Just ask if you want clarification on any mutation.

>>1838808
Pfft, no. Your powers don't work like that. You need a razor if you wanna stay bald.

>>1838773
Interrupting my own funeral.
>>
>>1838828

I'd like Z getting hair in Season 2. For now, stay shaved.
>>
>>1838828
Hair is overrated we can grow horns later instead.

Rock the Bruce Willis
>>
>>1838834
>bank it
>>
>>1838834
Bank it
>>
>>1838834
>Bank it for now
>>
>>1838834
>Or bank it?
Gotta save for those sweet Major Mutations.
>>
>>1838834

Night Vision.
>>
>>1838834
>Or bank it?
>>
>>1838834
I vote we bank it and save for dense muscle weave or a hardened skeleton
>>
>>1838834
Just in case, give me clarification on the purifier organ.
>>
>>1838868
Purifier Organ will make you resistant to poisons/venoms. Also, allowing you to make a roll to flat out expel it from your system.
>>
>>1838834
>Night Vision - 1
>>
>>1838912
That's what I was expecting. Does it gives alcohol tolerance?
>>
>>1838834
>Bank it for now
>>
>>1838912
I vote for that
>>
>>1838936
Absolutely. And of course it's an internal change so you cause the fact that it ain't obvious to your advantage.
>>
>>1838948
That's cool. Still wanna save up for the combat upgrades, go full unassuming new guy who just so happens to be a biohorror.
>>
>>1838948
Guessing the internal ones are pretty easily hidden then?
>>
>>1838834
I'm guessing the plasma bladder lets us vomit plasma.

How about the Bio-electrical system?
>>
>>1838973
Gonna take a stab at it being close to this. Just imagine a great, terrible, winged, tentacled monster. Breaths fire and shocks ya when he snags ya.
>>
File: tumblr_ouji5tg2WY1u77u56o1_540.gif (363KB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ouji5tg2WY1u77u56o1_540.gif
363KB, 540x304px
>>1838964
Yep. All of your changes stay hidden until you decide it's go time but the ones that manifest as internal organs are always active, think of it as a passive ability I guess.

>>1838973
>I'm guessing the plasma bladder lets us vomit plasma.
Essentially. Also, lets you digest practically anything.

>How about the Bio-electrical system?
Let's you release bursts of electricity on contact. Think really big electric eel. Also, lets you power certain devices by touching them.

Ok guys. It's pretty clear that you wanna bank it. Until next time then. So, unfortunately for you guys, I won't be running next weekend because I'll be on vacation. But I have a question for you guys. And don't worry about it, nothing is set in stone. I'm thinking about running another quest alongside this one. I'll have the time for it. And I've got ideas I wanna use now that I'm used to QM-ing. Lemme know what you think. Do you think I should just finish this first? Do you wanna hear about the other quest? Do yo just not give a fuck either way? Tell me.
>>
>>1839005
I'd finish this first
>>
>>1839005

Either don't do two quests at once or just run this one more.
>>
>>1839005
Really depends on what the idea is if I have any interested. Personally I would say focus on one quest as a friend of someone who runs multiple, but if you can get a good pattern going between the two quest then it may not hurt to try.
>>
>>1839005
I would say that you should focus on this one to establish this universe before you start doing Raven level questing.
>>
>>1839005
I'm curious about the other quest sure. I also don't want this one to go the route your previous quest went, just being honest.
>>
>>1839005
Unless that other quest is a continuation of your Gotham quest, I'd rather you just run this one more often.
>>
File: Professor Ivy 1.jpg (168KB, 850x792px) Image search: [Google]
Professor Ivy 1.jpg
168KB, 850x792px
>>1839012
>>1839013
>>1839015
>>1839016
>>1839018
>>1839051

Ok, so I'm hearing you. You're apprehensive because you don't want one quest to fall off or for me to get burnt out. I see. And I don't blame you guys for thinking of Metahuman Quest, while that was discontinued for completely different reasons.

So I suppose I'll just keep developing the idea for now. It's nothing too big or special at all, But I've been piecing it together for a WHILE. It's Pokemon. I know there are at least some of you that don't give a fuck about that so you've lost interest immediately. But for those of you still reading. It would take place in a region of my own making and incorporate things from GO and SUMO. As for tone, it'll be like Pokemon Quest. For those you unfamiliar, it's basically played pretty straight. It's like a pokemon universe that works on a slightly more realistic set of logic and rules. It won't be DARK or anything but there will be threats. I've been working on this since I finished up Gobble's original quest. I got inspired and recycled the remains of a region setting I was making to play a game irl with my buds but never got around to it.

I'll think about it while I'm gone.

And yeah, I know. 'But Sleepy! You quite Metahuman because it was a fanfic quest! Yeah, well with this one I have as much control as I could want with the universe and characters in it, so hush.
>>
>>1839092
I love Pokemon, but agree with what the others are saying. Establish this quest more before starting a new one.
>>
>>1839092
Oh,Pokemon? I'm always open to that. I've never been a fan of Gobble but I would like to see what you can do.
>>
>>1839092
God fucking damnit, now I'm way more than curious. I fucking love Pokemon, ever since I was a kid. I started when Red and Blue was new man. Wouldn't mind a down to earth, strategic pokemon quest. Fuck you for bringing it up though haha.
>>
>>1839092
Also if you do a Pokemon quest will it be as focused on the waifus? Please say no
>>
>>1839120
I'm all for waifus, if it's done well and conservatively. If the QM can't handle that shit, then don't allow it. But really, Pokemon should 90% focus on the insane cock fighting.
>>
>>1839092
I like the sound of it! You should definitely run it at some point, as for when, that's up to you.
>>
>>1839111
>Fuck you for bringing it up though haha.
Had to anon. Figured consulting my followers was the best course of action since without you guys I might as well go to fanfiction.net

Have any questions?

>>1839120
>will it be as focused on the waifus?
HAHAHANope
>>
>>1839092
>That spoiler

Well you could have made a new city for Metahuman quest with some new heroes and villains.

Yeah I'm still just a little bit mad.
>>
>>1839155
Would it be straight up hardmode, meaning if you lose Mons die? Cause I'm all for minmaxing and tryharding.
>>
>>1839163
I doubt it would be the same. He explained his reasons though, quite well. Get over it.
>>
>>1839173
>if you lose Mons die?
Oh god no. Your mons will only die if you lead them into a deadly situation. It should be easily avoidable.

But I am looking to make it more difficult than it was in Pokemon Quest. Kat barely ever lost a match and that breaks the illusion somewhat for me. Not saying I'm gonna make it some balls to the walls shit but expect to work hard for that championship trophy.

>>1839163
What can I say anon? I explained my reasoning already. I am glad your giving Abhuman a chance though.
>>
>>1839182
Well excuse me for being a bit cautious after the QM suggesting doing another quest in an established universe after just a second thread of a quest after he dropped his last quest for being in an established setting.

>>1839193
I'm really liking this quest so far, just please don't flake on this one as well.
>>
>>1839373
I'd actually prefer you to be suspicious of me. Let me earn the trust that I wont flake.

And to explain more thoroughly why I'm willing to do this and not Metahuman.

Basically, the two quest concepts are very different in one specific aspect. My freedom as a writer. Basically, while running a DC Comics quests. I am nasically stuck writing well-known and established characters no matter what and basically re-writing stories that have already been told in this universe. I considered running with a sort of alternate earth thing where I did a bunch of weird shit with the characters. Like the Earth 2 stuff. But I figured that people play these kinds of quests to interact with and shake up the universe they know. So I thought in the end I thought it'd mostly be boring or at worst, offensive, depending on how you felt about what I did with certain beloved characters.

BUT

With a setting like Pokemon. It's moreso open to my own interpretations. And I can so easily make up a whole new region and characters and factions and whatever the fuck. I can tell new stories. I can have fun in the setting with my players. And I only have to use as many established characters as I want. Not many

So yeah. I think it'd be good fun. I also did'mt run with this because I was afraid of competing with Gobble but I'll just have to run on a day he doesn't.
>>
File: 207.png (17KB, 305x301px) Image search: [Google]
207.png
17KB, 305x301px
>>1839433
I'll support a Pokemon Quest if we get the best Pokemon.
>>
File: 88.png (690KB, 1336x629px) Image search: [Google]
88.png
690KB, 1336x629px
>>1839468
Cough
>>
>>1839092
>>1839193
>>1839433

Welp i just had to sit through two movies, but just like the other anon's, I also fucking love pokemon, whether you make it darker story or light hearted, i will 100% play in that

As for if you should run it, id say go at it, but make sure you say that updates will be at random for it, since this is your main quest, and you want it to last a long time, you would have to schedule both to be weeks apart, which probably fucks up any sort of plan you have going.

So run it? Sure, just forewarn of sporadic and random updates
>>
>>1839433
The biggest mistake that most qms make with cape quests is putting in characters that already exist before the original characters have had a chance to shine. Nobody cares about a character if in the first three issues he's meeting Batman, Superman, and Swamp Thing. They just care about those bigger names.

Crossovers are meant to be foils for your characters, and you can't do them if you don't have a character properly established. And when you do them, it shouldn't be about the character crossing over, but about what that character wants or needs from the MC, even if they just want him to leave. RIP Crusty. Your ass deserved not the fate it deserved.
>>
>>1839005
>I won't be running next weekend because I'll be on vacation.

so no quest for 2 weeks? bummer
>>
>not running a brand new quest for two weeks
>running yet another pokemon quest
things are looking dire for this quest
>>
>>1839727
>yet another
>Only one other that isn't dead
>>
>>1839798
It's probably one of the most overdone fanfic quests overall
>>
>>1839814
And almost all of the QMs dropped theirs, which might be a warning or something.
>>
>>1839821
Is that the qms fault, or the the people playing just got too toxic?
>>
>>1839468
All pokes will be around somehow.

>>1839497
What're you trying to say anon?

>>1839647
I think I'm gonna try and run when I get back rather than wait for the next weekend. We'll see.

>>1839727
>not running a brand new quest for two weeks
It probably won't be two weeks.
>running yet another pokemon quest
I'm not quite sure what you mean by yet another. Seeing as Gobble's is the only successful one I know of. All others disappeared.

>things are looking dire for this quest
Nope.

>Is that the qms fault, or the the people playing just got too toxic?
Most of the ones I've seen just kind of stopped posting. I have seen a couple that just plain failed to get like ANY players. Painful to watch.
>>
>>1839092
Finish this first

>>1839005
>You also chose to work with a team rather than alone
I thought we were having the meeting to decide, i already don't like these douche bags
Thread posts: 196
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.