[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Beyond the Scope

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

File: SF Patch.jpg (42KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
SF Patch.jpg
42KB, 450x450px
In which the QM has no fucking idea what he's doing

You were trained for this. You are a member of the proud United States Air Force, Specialty Security Forces. You are posted at Fairchild AFB, Spokane, Washington, and you can hear rifle shots and screams. When they started you were in

>the barracks
>the mess
>the security office
>>
>>1833093
>>the security office

I'm telling you... I'M INNOCENT!!!!
>>
>>1833105
>>
>>1833105
Wow, I really fucked that up.
Supporting this.
>>
>>1833093
>the security office
>>
Today had started out as a simple day. You got up, ate breakfast, and went on a patrol around the grounds. There were some idiot teenagers trying to sneak in, and something had two be done about them, hence you standing in the main security office for the base with two kids making fools of themselves, blubbering on the ground. You were waiting for your CO to come out of his office, while you and your partner try not to look at the sniveling lumps of tears that are doubtlessly getting snot on the newly waxed floor. You would have just kicked them off the grounds with a stern warning, but it's not your purview, because you are...

>A fresh recruit, on his first posting
>A senior enlisted, retiring in a few months
>A major from DC running an inspection of the base

(Yes, no action just yet, trying to get the MC properly set up)
>>
>>1833138
>A senior enlisted, retiring in a few months

I'm too old for this shit, I got a wife and kids waiting for me, 2 days from retirement, etc
>>
>>1833138
>>A fresh recruit, on his first posting
>>
Waiting on tiebreaker
>>
>>1833138
>>A fresh recruit, on his first posting
Mean and Green
>>
A fresh recruit. You were on your first base after graduation from the SF training at Lackland AFB. You just didn't have the authority to let the kids go. Your CO is busy arguing with someone in his office, and you just started hearing shots. Thinking quickly, with you being the unofficial leader of yourself and your partner, decide to

>Ignore it, it's not your problem
>Have your partner guard the kids, and you investigate the shots
>Have your partner investigate the shots, you watch the kids
>Both investigate, leave the kids in the office
>Take the kids with when you investigate together
>>
>>1833213
It's like Kindergarten Cop
>>
>>1833213
>>
You turn to the door shouting over your shoulder at your partner as you run through it.
"Stay here! I'll go see what the hell's going on."
She nods, bringing her rifle to a low ready and facing the door as you dash into the daylight. It's warmed up nicely for this time of year, a whopping thirty six degrees. The sky is clear, and visibility is excellent. The ground is slick, to be expected in mid-January, but fairly clear of snow. The sounds of conflict carried clearly across the open ground of the base, sounding like it was coming from the front of the base. A heavyset civilian with a two-tone beard and a revolver sprints past you, a revolver in his hand. You recognize him as one of the truck drivers that delivers supplies to the base regularly. The shots at the front of the base have begun to taper off, but the screams are all the clearer now that you're outside. You decide that you will

>Question the truck driver, at gunpoint
>Question the truck driver, politely
>Ignore him, grab a car and proceed to the front gate
>Ignore him, proceed to the front gate on foot
>>
>>1833315
>Question the truck driver, politely
Is he running away from the gate? If not, then go to the gate
>>
>>1833315
>Question the truck driver, politely.
>>
>>1833315
>Ignore him, proceed to the front gate on foot

Assuming it isn't crazy far away
>>
"Hey! Excuse me!" you shout at the man as he runs past. His beard, somehow grey for the bottom part with the topmost part still a dark brown, almost black, was askew, an indicator that something was horribly wrong, as he took careful care of it. He skids to a halt in front of you, panting, and a flushed look on his face.
"Christ kid, why the hell're you talkin' to me? There're people fuckin DYING out there!" he growls, the barest remnants of a southern drawl lingering in his voice.
He keeps glancing back to the base entrance, as if something would come barreling towards him any second.
"What is going on over there?" you ask him, gesturing vaguely in the direction he's glancing.
"It's all fucked" He breathes, just barely audible.
You note that the gunfire has stopped and the screams are starting to die down.
"They're killing everyone. Everyone's dying."
The man's clearly beginning to break into a panic, the adrenaline that got him running dying down. You gesture him inside and under your partner's care, and begin running for the front gate area, rifle at the ready. You slow down when you near the gate itself. The screaming has stopped and the area is now eerily quiet, the only true indicator that something is wrong with how far away you are standing is the security booth at the gate, which instead of a smiling SF Airman, has blood splattered all over the glass, and the tattered remains of a plate carrier sitting in front of it. Approaching the gate and visitor center carefully, you note the corpses of what you assume to be all of the visitors scattered about the lawn, and the few armed airmen with piles of black mush surrounding them, all dead. a few of the radios that your fellow SF carried are belching static, while the rest, like yours, aren't giving a peep. At this point, you figure you have a couple of options. You could

>Investigate the road by the base, as a subloop of a major highway, there should be someone there
>Lock down the area as best you can individually
>Return to your partner and the civilians, check up on them
>>
Be back in a bit, have to take care of some work-related shit
>>
>>1833451
>>Investigate the road by the base, as a subloop of a major highway, there should be someone there
>>
I'M ALIVE

Just going off of one vote, or waiting for more?
>>
>>1833451
Call out on the radio for security detail to raise the alarm, then investigate the road.

Double check to make sure you have your own papers before you step outside the base, or you'll have a hell of a time being questioned when you run around and get stopped by security themselves.
>>
>>1833451

Seconding >>1833693
>>
You run out to Highway 2, the main road by the airbase, and the only way to get to any sort of metropolitan locations. You see a couple of cars wrecked on the road one of which is slowly burning. A burst of static comes through your radio, and you hear your partner yelling for backup, followed by a couple of gunshots. At the same time you start to hear the sirens of civilian police screaming towards you through town, and a quick check of your pocket reveals your ID card is in its proper location, as well as all of your security clearance papers. You realize that this problem is far bigger than anything you were ready for.

>Check on car wrecks
>Meet with Civilian Police
>Check on partner
>>
>>1833791
>Check on partner

Ello, pardner
>>
>>1833791
>>Check on partner
>>
You sprint back to the main office in a desperate attempt to figure out just what the hell was going on, and see what was going on with the shots, while attempting to raise your partner on the radio the whole time. you get o the office, and hear the sounds of a struggle coming from inside, and you hear a blast from the driver's revolver, followed by three or four shots from your partner's sidearm. You make to breach the door and get involved, and decide to breach

>Slowly and carefully, by the book
>Immediately, no time to waste!
>>
>>1833911
>>Slowly and carefully, by the book
Don't want to get hit by an itchy trigger finger
>>
>>1833911
>Slowly and carefully, by the book

ONE ENTERING!
>>
>>1833911
Slowly and carefully. They won't notice you if it's actually a struggle.
>>
(Last post for now, might be back tomorrow if the thread's still live, or start a new one if I have the chance to run)

You set yourself up outside the door for a "dynamic entry" done properly, and are just about to break through when you hear the scream of your partner. Training kicks in as you quickly enter the room, crouched and ready to fire. What you see inside is nothing that you were even remotely prepared for. A humanoid figure comprised entirely of shadows stands hunched over your partner, who has a gaping hole in her abdomen, punched smooth through her ballistic plate. The shadowy figure is letting loose a low rumble, almost like a laugh, and turns to you. On pure instinct, you raise your rifle and put as many rounds as you can through the beast, which you're sure would stand at twelve feet high if it wasn't hunching over. After the fifteenth round you panic fired into the beast, it begins to melt into a puddle about the same size as those you saw a couple of sitting outside the gate. You run over to your partner, and check on her. She's in bad shape, and is fading in and out of consciousness. Glancing over at the civilians in the room, you see that the truck driver is in bad shape as well. He has only one wound, and it seems to be a clean cut, slicing right across his abdomen, and spilling his guts out around him. He feebly twitches in a desperate attempt to get his insides back inside of him. One of the teenagers is in three distinct parts across the room, and the other one is missing an arm at the shoulder. All are in desperate need of medical attention, and you have time to stabilize one. You can only think one thing. /i/Dammit. I wasn't trained for this./i/
>>
Goddamn italics. Anyway, I'll see those of you that don't drop the quest for the direction I'm taking it tommorow
>>
>>1834090
Good run, newfag! Hope to see you continue!
>>
>SFS quest
Is the final boss DTS?
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.