[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DIGIMANZ: the QUEST - Prelude and Test

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 32

File: Dramallamamon.png (410KB, 666x686px) Image search: [Google]
Dramallamamon.png
410KB, 666x686px
It's time for you daring denizens to defend the Digiverse from danger and disaster.

Three meddlers, two siblings, or a lone "hero" - take control of the story of your choosing and fight to protect two worlds. What evil has befallen these realms? Who could be responsible? How can you hope to stand up to the odds? Find out in DIGIMANZ: the QUEST!
>>
File: MECHANICS.jpg (47KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
MECHANICS.jpg
47KB, 320x320px
As opposed to giving you a wall of text to scroll through before the story, I threw this together: https://vocaroo.com/i/s1OGEqZJag0d

The main points are:
- There are three stories to tell, each with it's own setup
- The quest will be chapter-by-chapter, not post-by-post
- Updates will hopefully be weekly, but may end up bi-weekly to start
- There's some stuff we want your input on at the end of this thread

PS lemme test something here:
Hello WORLD.
dice+ 3d8

There will be no chargen in this quest, but you DO need to pick what story you want to start with:
>>
File: TeamAwesomeSample.png (1017KB, 1078x1808px) Image search: [Google]
TeamAwesomeSample.png
1017KB, 1078x1808px
I love botching things.
dice+3d8

---

TEAM AWESOME

Team Awesome is the story of three jerks that get stuck in the digital world and have to do adventuring that they'd rather not be bothered with. Think Tamers when it comes to this world - the Digimon franchise exists, but our heroes know little to nothing about it, which results in poor choices and terrible mistakes. However, the forces of evil won't be putting on the kid gloves any time soon. Can they manage not to get killed long enough to save two worlds?

LIVE FAST AND DIE REPEATEDLY IN DIGIMANZ: TEAM AWESOME.
>>
File: DigitalWonderlandSample.png (1MB, 1287x1840px) Image search: [Google]
DigitalWonderlandSample.png
1MB, 1287x1840px
DIGITAL WONDERLAND

Twin siblings come across an amazing and magical circus that seems to have appeared overnight just outside their hometown without a single mention of it's coming; nobody else even seems to notice that it's there. A mystery too good to resist, the pair set out to investigate, only to get caught up in an adventure full of wild animals, clowns, acrobats, and all that you could imagine. However, things aren't all fun and games; something in the shadows hints that there's more to this show than what it seems. Can the twins make it through, or will this be their final bow?

LI-ION TIGERS AND BEARS, OH MY, IN DIGIMANZ: DIGITAL WONDERLAND
>>
File: AnonIn4ChanLandSample.png (1008KB, 1249x1690px) Image search: [Google]
AnonIn4ChanLandSample.png
1008KB, 1249x1690px
ANON IN 4CHAN LAND

Sometimes I have bad ideas, and this is one of them.

Meet Anon, a fairly average and nondescript individual that just likes to go with the flow and not stand out. And that really sucks, because right now, he's doing anything but. Anon finds himself stranded in the Lands of 4Chan, where he must make his way through board after board, fighting foes and gaining skills to make his way to freedom and just go back to lurking. However, it'll take careful consideration of what he can do and who he has to take on if he wants to survive. Maybe he'll even make a friend or two along the way, but I wouldn't count on it... He's a bit of an asshole.

IT'S THE FINAL FRONTIER IN DIGIMANZ: ANON IN 4CHAN LAND
>>
File: lets kick it up.gif (1021KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
lets kick it up.gif
1021KB, 500x333px
And now, while you consider your choices and vote for your favorite, I have prepared a little sample of the sort of thing you're in for. So sit back, relax, and enjoy our little preview story - DIGIMANZ: BETA.
>>
File: 0.png (260KB, 800x1075px) Image search: [Google]
0.png
260KB, 800x1075px
YOU ARE BLEXTER BLUNCAN, original computer ace. While wasting your time and money, you got zapped to digispace.

AND HERE'S HOW:

CHAPTER 1: ONCE UPON A TIME

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gTRSziBMUQ
>>
File: 1.png (317KB, 800x615px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
317KB, 800x615px
CHAPTER 1: IN THE BEGINING...

Do you know what that thing on your phone that reads your touch is called? A digitizer. Do you know what happens when it malfunctions? That's right.

Your phone doesn't work.
>>
File: 2.png (143KB, 800x535px) Image search: [Google]
2.png
143KB, 800x535px
Do you know what happens when you try to fix it yourself with 3rd party knock-off parts from craigslist, late after midnight, during a thunderstorm, on the solstice, and while wearing one of those shirts that plays mp3s? That's right.

Your phone will never work again.

And stop shopping for clothes at thinkgeek.
>>
File: 3.png (168KB, 800x549px) Image search: [Google]
3.png
168KB, 800x549px
Giving up entirely on this endeavor, you head for the bathroom to wash the shame of failure off your hands. Appropriately, now the drain in your sink isn't working properly, and you're just the handyman to fix that, what with your perfect batting average for tonight.

Using a coat hanger and anger, you begin to stab at thee. It almost seems to be working, too, as the makeshift plumber's snake manages to actually poke through some horrible mess that is best left not described in detail. However, that's when things went cray-cray.
>>
File: 4.png (187KB, 800x1169px) Image search: [Google]
4.png
187KB, 800x1169px
Just as you were about to pull the hanger up for the finishing blow, it developed a plan of its own. Hanger not only refused to come up, but rather started pulling down. Snagging your Casio F-91W wristwatch and holding fast, Hanger begins to pull your arm down into the drain, despite obvious conflicts with spatial relations. Before you have time to create some hilarious mish-mash of curse words that will inevitably become your new catchphrase, you are up to your shoulder and sinking fast. You are only capable of sputtering some muffled nonsense against the side of the sink before your head is no longer of this world.

The rest of you follows in short order.
>>
File: 5.png (228KB, 800x999px) Image search: [Google]
5.png
228KB, 800x999px
Escape seems to be nothing more than a pipe dream (YES I DID IT) as you speed through a maze of tubes at inconceivable speed. Due to your lack of accommodating light, your mind is flooded with a rush of thoughts, such as:

- How is this happening?
- Where am I going?
- Who put together this comical arrangement of unnecessary and inefficient piping?

Blexter, my good man, all of these questions will be answered in a long, drawn-out amount of time.
>>
File: 6.png (271KB, 800x550px) Image search: [Google]
6.png
271KB, 800x550px
Before your list of questions can include "how long is this test chapter," you finally see light at the end of the tunnel. I mean this in the most literal sense, given your current situation. Sadly, there are no brakes on this ride, and you are sent hurling out of the inappropriately placed random exit of this piping, rolling end over end, before coming to a safe, complete, anticlimactic, and unhumorous stop, demonstrating that it IS possible for the fates to not make a gag out of everything that occurs.
>>
File: 7.png (178KB, 800x626px) Image search: [Google]
7.png
178KB, 800x626px
You sit up, slightly disoriented, and scan the surrounding area for turtle people wielding spears that you may have bowled over, or a grateful princess and her horrid little mushroom slave. Sadly, you see none, confirming that this is not your Mario Bros fanfic at all.
>>
File: 8.png (96KB, 800x584px) Image search: [Google]
8.png
96KB, 800x584px
You check yourself to see what the damage may be. While there seems to be no immediate damage, your watch has changed in appearance. No longer the classy choice of abstinence enthusiasts from 1991, it has been replaced with some sort of odd gadget.
>>
File: 9.png (372KB, 800x509px) Image search: [Google]
9.png
372KB, 800x509px
This is it. After all that, all you get is your watch stolen and replaced with a Commander Keen reject prop. You don't even get a zapper or time-stop belt buckle. This is ridiculous. WHO'S IN CHARGE HERE?

"WHO'S IN CHARGE HERE?"

You answer comes in the form of a flock of terrified birds scattering from a nearby tree. As you watch, you take notice that this tree is not alone. No sir, in fact, there seems to be a lot of them, almost as if this was some sort of wooded area. A forest, if you will, but you don't want to go jumping to conclusions. Not without asking around, anyway.
>>
File: 10.png (134KB, 800x528px) Image search: [Google]
10.png
134KB, 800x528px
In the meantime, you survey the area. Aside from trees and the ground, your incredible sense of sight picks up what appears to be a castle, perched upon a mountain in the distance. A hah! Perhaps your fanfic will play itself out after all!
>>
File: 11.png (115KB, 800x513px) Image search: [Google]
11.png
115KB, 800x513px
Fiddling with the controls on your shirt, you cue up your ever-ready soundtrack for just such an occasion, and start optimistically marching in the direction of that castle over yonder.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlUeW7IOSFc
>>
File: 12.png (132KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
12.png
132KB, 800x500px
Who could have guessed that tinny video game music in the middle of this as-yet unconfirmed forest would attract attention? Certainly not you, Blexter, because you're an idiot.

I saw what you did to your phone.

If you were lucky, you would only have to deal with a mountain lion or a roaming band of cannibalistic rednecks. But you, sir... you are on a roll tonight.
>>
File: 13.png (270KB, 800x1028px) Image search: [Google]
13.png
270KB, 800x1028px
Out of the bushes that may or may not be lining what could be a forest floor jumps the largest monster you have ever seen, which isn't much of a real contest anyway, given your lack of exposure to monsters in your day-to-day happenings. Roughly 9 gorillian feet tall and weighing in at ENTIRELY MADE OF MUSCLE, his stature is made even more impressive by the impractically oversized chest guard he's wearing and weaponized tree that he probably calls a club.

It is a shocking ordeal, to say the least, and you are stricken to the ground with... I dunno, let's say fear. Screaming was most certainly involved.

"STOP RIGHT THERE," shouts your terrifying new conversation partner.
>>
File: 14.png (623KB, 800x499px) Image search: [Google]
14.png
623KB, 800x499px
Beeping to life, your wrist-a-ma-call-it displays a picture of this fine example of terror, alongside information that falls into the category of "not important, but interesting."

THUGMON:
- Champion Level Digimon
- Virus type
- Carries an excessively large club in compensation for his shortcomings.
- Enjoys doing what other people tell him and killing things smaller than himself.

ATTACKS:
- Clubbings things to death, what do you want from me?
>>
File: 15.png (125KB, 800x494px) Image search: [Google]
15.png
125KB, 800x494px
Not to be deterred from your methodical nature, you quickly cobble together a questionnaire for your latest acquaintance.

"O-okay... Let's just take a time-out here. I have no idea what's going on, so let's see if you can help me piece together a few things:
1: Where am I?
2: Who are you?
3: Why are you wearing a tank?"
>>
File: 16.png (147KB, 800x739px) Image search: [Google]
16.png
147KB, 800x739px
"A tank? Pah! My armor 's golden digizoid! It's strong and super thick! It drives the women crazy, 'cause it accentuates my--"

STOP.

No more Freakazoid references tonight. I obviously cannot be trusted with them. Let's replace that last question with "Do you have a phone?"
>>
File: 17.png (289KB, 800x1029px) Image search: [Google]
17.png
289KB, 800x1029px
"Listen... whatever you are. I don't get paid to answer questions. Boss told me to keep an eye out for any strange lookin' things like you, because they would be the "chosen ones" that the Digital Pope was waiting for. SO NOW YOU GOTTA DIE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBwS66EBUcY
>>
File: 18.png (76KB, 800x951px) Image search: [Google]
18.png
76KB, 800x951px
Digital Pope? Chosen one? None of this is making any sense to you, but that last part about getting killed came through pretty clear. Do something, Blexter!

DO YOU...

A: Totally take this guy

B: Run through the possible jungle

C: Roll the dice on your wrist-o-tron
>>
>>1831633
I have a feeling this will be a very fun quest.

>C.
LETS ROLL!
>>
File: TBC.png (220KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
TBC.png
220KB, 1280x800px
And so that's that! A couple screw-ups on dice rolls because I'm apparently a danger to myself and others, but who's counting?

Feel free to vote in the thread and discuss anything about the story.
>>
File: FUCK YOU MATT.jpg (66KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
FUCK YOU MATT.jpg
66KB, 600x450px
For the sake of time, a lot of the action will simply be written out as opposed to taking things swing-by-swing, otherwise any given fight would last a month... However, you will be able to pick a strategy or two along the way, depending on the size and scope of the battle. The thing is, I'm interested in knowing how much impact you'd like to have:

- Choose options and let the story take it away (I choose Option B)
- Choose options and players roll dice to possibly sway outcome (I choose Option B and roll the dice)
- Players roll dice to decide blind options based on the average outome plus modifiers (I roll the dice and hold onto my ass)*

*You won't know what the options are, or what your range for success is. Instead, you'll be presented with a prompt of what to roll. The average of all rolls will be calculated, modifiers accounted for, and the story will progress.

Here's a poll: http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=59aa1399e4b0a26a2e8e03ea
>>
File: hack the world.jpg (37KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hack the world.jpg
37KB, 480x360px
Here's where I'd like you to vote on the various different little features you're interested in seeing. Based on interest and time, I'll impliment what I can:

- Occasionally insert music links to add atmosphere to posts
- Include voice clips on posts with new characters to hear what they sound like
- Accompany each post with a reading of the post + music/SFX
- Each thread starts with an animatic recap of the previous thread*
- NOTHING

*Animatics are basically storyboards set to voice/music/whatever. In this case, we'd be using the illustrations from the previous thread as the visuals in the recap along with a dramatic reading of the story.

Here's a poll: http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=59aa0fb3e4b0a26a2e8e03e1
>>
File: Adventure Today.jpg (53KB, 463x256px) Image search: [Google]
Adventure Today.jpg
53KB, 463x256px
In closing, posts were shorter in these early test chapters back when we attempted to run this on /co/ (right when they nixed CYOAs) because of the speed of threads on that board. Moving forward with /qst/, I'm gonna attempt to have more text per post.

I'm open to suggestions, crits, and anything else while we're doing this setup and at the end of every chapter, so fire away.

>>1831637
Didn't even expect a reply that fast. Thanks for joining.
>>
>>1831658
For future reference, the dice roll goes in the options field.
>>
Rolled 3, 2, 3 = 8 (3d8)

>>1831669
Awesome, thanks - I was wondering what the hell I did wrong. This is my first quest.

Let's see if I'm capable of learning.
>>
do we vote of which story we want in this thread?

if so i want the anon in 4chan land, sounds like pure shenanigans to me.

also your art is fantastic.
>>
File: ANGELAMON_A_SHIT.jpg (739KB, 1650x2550px) Image search: [Google]
ANGELAMON_A_SHIT.jpg
739KB, 1650x2550px
>>1831689
Yup, you can vote for your choice for next chapter, as well as what story you'd like to see first The only reason I put polls up for >>1831659 and >>1831662 is because I wanted a bit better handle on the data from those - anything else is in-thread.

Art is being handled by a friend of mine, Yakitori. She's done a lot in various /co/ drawthreads, and I'm stoked to have her on board for this.
>>
so when exactly is the next session?
next friday?
>>
>>1831753
For now, that's the schedule. I'll be watching the thread over the following days for votes and input, and I'll be locking in the choice most likely end of Sunday. The plan, basically, was instead of scheduling a specific time for people to have to show up, you have all weekend to get around to it.
>>
>>1831633
C.
Roll them dice and pray to RNGesusmon.
>>
>>1831633
I pick B
>>
A digimon drawquest? You are an ambitious QM indeed. Just hope that you can draw and write quick enough to keep anons engaged.
>>
>>1831633
>C
the box, the box!
>>
>>1835464
Here's hoping. This first thread's kinda rough, since we have a lot we want to incorporate, and I'm hoping to get some initial polling done - the second thread will be a lot cleaner as I announce all the results and what direction that was chosen.

If you'd like to help, there's a couple things we could use:
- Pick any of the three story ideas from the top of the thread
- Feel free to vote for the choice at the end of the test chapter

And for the more /qst/-related materials, I set up a couple of polls on how you'd like the quest to work:
>>1831659 for how to handle battles
>>1831662 for inclusion of other junk
>>
>>1831633
>C.
Let's see where luck take us, shall we? Also, if we can already vote for a serie, I pick Digital Wonderland. Team Awesome doesn't really have an interesting "hook" to me and Anon in 4chan Land is too much of a joke for me.
>>
>>1835827
> if we can already vote for a series

Please do - that's about the most important vote in this thread right now, followed by voting on the story.
>>
>>1831515
I'm gonna go with this one.
>>
>>1835827
As much as I think the mystery in Digital Wonderland sounds a bit dry compared to let's say, finding out why the Digital World is on a collision course with the real world; here's hoping that it's going to be fun and have what the franchise has missed all this time: Alice in Wonderland themed Digimon.
>>
File: 1490367251253.png (534KB, 501x776px) Image search: [Google]
1490367251253.png
534KB, 501x776px
Gonna call it here for voting - thanks to everyone who participated, and I'll have the results for you next Friday.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.