[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Grub Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

>This will be a chill, relatively slow paced civ style quest. We will control a Insect Queen and her hive of Grubs. Rolls will be d20, higher is better.

The soft, pliable cocoon of your Queen is parted by a chewing mandible, the membrane torn torn apart by the awakening Queen and her attending Grubs. Large spadelike forelimbs push away the soil and chewing mouthparts mix the earth into a cementlike mix before smoothing the short tunnel toward the surface. Your Queen bursts through the surface, eying the rising sun skeptically

>Mother! Grubs wake with mother!
>Grubs work work! Grubs dig!
>Grubs build! Grubs make!

The simple minds of her trio of Grubs brings a tinge of joy to her as she reaches up a ponderous, soft limb and pulls down a tree branch, gnawing on the tender wood. It appears her mother only left her with three Grubs to serve her once she finished Pupating. Hives have been built with less she supposes.

The meter long, fat Grubs look at her with the adoration and reverence of loyal dogs. Their large, shovel like forelimbs scratching in the earth as their beady black eyes glitter in the morning light.

>hive pop
>1 Queen
>3 Worker Grubs
>Food-None
>Hive Structures-
>Mutations-

>Have Grubs Build something

>Have Grubs gather food

>Have Grubs scout

>Other
>>
>>1827127
Have them construct a simple den or hole near the tree and then
>Have Grubs gather food
>>
>>1827206
Ok so have 2 grubs build and 1 grub gather food. Roll me 2d20
>>
Rolled 18, 16 = 34 (2d20)

>>1827241
>>
>18. Grubs dig burrow.

Your Queen scratches at the earth with a claw, eying the grubs imperiously. The tireless workers take the cue, diving into the soil with their spade shaped claws. Soil flies up like water as the grubs dig into the ground in the center of the clearing. They mix the soil with their gluey saliva, smearing the mixture along the walls to set in like concrete. They hollow out a burrow and reinforce the walls, ceiling and floor. They clamber out happily, clicking their mandibles in pride
>Grubs dig dig! Pretty hole! Pretty pretty!
>Queen like?! Queen like pretty hole?!

Your Queen lowers herself into the burrow, curling her bulk around herself as she looks out the opening, clacking her jaws in pleasure
>Queen happy!
>Happy Queen! Good Grubs!

>16. Grub brings food.

Your other grub venture out into the forest, placing food it finds on its back. Mushrooms, shoots, tender bark, berries. All go into the soft depression it forms in the middle of its body. It nibbles on a juicy berry, burbling in pleasure
>Grub find much food! Good grub! Good good!

The industrious worker makes its way back to the nest site, observing its fellows pushing piles of soil into a mound around the entrance of the burrow to prevent rain from running in. Its fellows dig a quick depression in the soft soil near the opening of the burrow, dumping the hefty load of nibbles into the small hole with burbles of glee.

>hive pop
>1 Queen
>3 Worker Grubs
>Food-low
>Hive Structures-
>Burrow
>Mutations-

>Have Queen lay eggs

>Have Grubs gather food

>Have Grubs scout

>Other
>>
>>1827357
>Have Grubs scout
And while they are scouting
>Have Queen lay eggs
>>
>>1827376
Scout in which direction? East, west, north south. You have enough food for 2 eggs.
>>
>>1827357
Make 2 grubs dig two short tunnels ending in two rooms. One for the food and the other one for egg laying.

>Have Grubs scout
>Have Grubs gather food
Scout/Gather food to the south, emphasis in food gathering.
>>
>>1827570
Let's go with this instead.
>>
>>1827570
>>1827638
Agreed, get food and get it back, just keep eyes and antennae peeled for other things.
>>
>>1827357
(Quick question, how big are we? Like actual insect size? Rat? Cat? Dog? Horse?)

>>1827570
This, except id say have one start digging out a food storage, have 2 others go and forage

>2 forage for food
>1 grub dig out a small food storage
>Queen can chill in the tunnel for now and maybe lay an egg or 2
>>
>>1829008
Seems ive forgotten how to dice roll
>>
>>1829008
>>1829010
>>
>>1827357
>>1829008
Supporting this
>>
>>1827357
>>1829008
i support this
>>
>>1829008
Support
>>
>>1829019
>>1829018
>>1829015
While im being supported, anyone wanna shed some light on how to dice roll? Doing "dice+d20" in the options field but nothing
>>
Rolled 4 (1d20)

/dice 1d20
this is what i did to roll now
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>1829033
>>
Rolled 2 (1d20)

>>
>>1829008
To reiterate this man's question, how big are we?
>>
Rolled 16 (1d20)

>>1827127
Are mutations something we have to find in nature or is it more of a random mutation after dumping resources in a chamber or something?

>>1829008
I'm new here and i support this.
>>
>>1829403
I'm guessing mutations will happen in your offspring, and hopefully, those mutated offspring can fertilize future eggs to pass down the genes.
>>
Why must every OP abandon us?
>>
>>1829508
it is and always shall be the way of the board
>>
>>1829508
>>1829530

I thought it was always the opposite, nobody ever frequents on my boards.
>>
>>1829508
>>1829530
And I was so hyped for this thread.
>>
>>1829567
>>1829569
>>1829573

Someone else running a similar thread
>>
>>1829569
same
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.