[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

American Arcana: Session XII - Crunch Time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 1

File: American Arcana Title 12.png (270KB, 2880x1920px) Image search: [Google]
American Arcana Title 12.png
270KB, 2880x1920px
>Twitter: https://twitter.com/Judge_Presiding
>Last Thread: >>1804524 (http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive/1804524/)
>Linkbin: https://pastebin.com/Nrccskfg
>Discord (New!): https://discord.gg/7Jpsyrq

When last we left off:
The rest of the weekend passes in a series of rainstorms. There’s a memorial of the victims of 9/11 observed on Tuesday, and while you personally weren’t alive when the tragedy occurred, heavy rains and in-class discussion help remind you that your uncle was part of New York’s Bravest during the attack- thankfully, he was not killed in the effort.

Young boys often aspire to be firefighters, and you sure did after seeing what his job was like. You wonder how many lives he was responsible for pulling from danger, and feel thankful your parents weren’t in either of the towers at the time.

EARLY MORNING, Thursday September 13th (Weather: Moderate Rain. Forecast for tomorrow: Light Rain.)
>>Gold Day Schedule:
>English
>Math
>Computer Studies
>Science (Chemistry)

You’ve been studying your bottom off for the exams this week, and have a baseball game after school. Martinez’s first game is tomorrow, you remember intending to attend.

>>1817078
>>1817686
>>1817785
>>1819828
>>Try to get to breakfast early and see if they have anything special today
Interestingly, they have glazed cinnamon rolls for breakfast. Good, because that other one was getting a little stale. Or maybe you ate it. Come to think of it, what happened to all those consumables you had?
You shrug, figuring you must have eaten or used them all and forgotten about them.
(Got Cinnamon Roll! Consume during or outside battle to heal slightly and calm your emotions!)

>Meet up with someone before school
>>David
Evelake is just finishing up a healthy breakfast with a hesitant snack of the same treat you got. Maybe he's concerned about eating too much sugar?
Despite his demeanor being cheerful already, he brightens up even more when he sees you. "Oh! Hi, Boss!"

>>Ask what he was up to yesterday
"Oh, you mean what I was doing at the convention?" he hesitates a bit. "Well, I got to talk to one of Walt's friends." he visibly blushes. "She was really cool, and we got to talk a bit about combat and Myths and..."
His blush fades and he stares at the table with a pained expression as if he were sick to his stomach. "And about... my accident. She's the same sort of person, you see. Like me."

>>She's the same sort of person, you see. Like me.
>Like what? You're not any different from the rest of us.
>Was she hot? Blonde?
>Did you want to talk about your accident?
>I meant to ask: Why does that Harpe lady scare you so much?
>Keith and I are going to the football game tomorrow. Wanna tag along?
>Speaking of 'Walt's friends', I want to talk to you about Mr. Bennett.
><Write-In>
>>
>>1824784
>Was she hot? Blonde?
>Did you want to talk about your accident?
>I meant to ask: Why does that Harpe lady scare you so much?
>>
>>1824821
>>Was she hot? Blonde?
"Yes and yes," he says before he can 'correct' himself. The younger boy squirms, and you're sure he's self-conscious about having a crush on someone much older than he is.

>>Did you want to talk about your accident?
After thinking it over, David takes a deep breath. "Yes, I think so. But I want to have everyone together when I explain what happened." It's obvious that this accident is deeply important to his past.

>>I meant to ask: Why does that Harpe lady scare you so much?
You note that Evelake's normally the bravest of the group, but he can't produce an answer that satisfies either of you. "I don't know. She just... She just scares me. Like if a giant snake could talk. And fire bullets from its... hands? You know what I mean." Your friend sighs and shakes his head.

He looks at the clock. "Ah! I think classes are starting soon!" standing up and putting his dishes away, he apologizes for leaving so soon. "Sorry, I've just got to make sure I do well on these tests. I've studied really hard for them, I can't waste that by being late."

Dashing away before you can ask any more questions, David barely dodges a small boy carrying papers while jogging through the hall. You've seen the boy he nearly bumped into before- he's the student council secretary, Bill Banks, who's gotten a lot of flak from his last name. Banks gives David a dirty look and makes sure the papers he's carrying are organized before hustling to the Student Council Room.

You should probably get to your classes, too.

---
OOC: Post got stopped by some embed error on the video. Pretend I put music here.

English first. You've had to read most of the Grapes of Wrath, now it's time to see how much of it you can remember.
>During what time period does the Grapes of Wrath take place?
>>A: Great Depression
>>B: World War I
>>C: World War II
>>D: The Roaring 20s
>Who does Jim Casy represent?
>>A: The impoverished citizens of the United States
>>B: He's a Christ figure
>>C: He represents evil and temptation
>>D: Casy has no symbolic importance.

Once you've completed that test, math is next:
>What is the value of sin(x), where x = (pi/2)?
>>A: 1
>>B: 0
>>C: pi/2
>>D: -1
>Must a continuous function be differential?
>>Yes
>>No

Your time spent programming makes Bennett's test a breeze, but you still have chemistry:
>What is the most common element?
>>A: Oxygen
>>B: Kryptonite
>>C: Hydrogen
>>D: All of the above
>What is the atomic number of oxygen?
>>A: 9
>>B: 10
>>C: 42
>>D: 8
>>
>>1824993
>A: Great Depression
>A: The impoverished citizens of the United States
>A: 1
>C: Hydrogen
>D: 8

Is it sad that I'm a computing major, but I only really remember the chemistry stuff off the top of my head?
>>
>>1825090
Oh, and I missed one question:
>>Must a continuous function be differential?
>No
>>
>>1825090
>>1825095
You feel confident in almost all of your answers. The only one you feel might get points marked off is the one about Jim Casey, but you feel that if the teacher is going to be such a stickler about interpretation, she might as well mark you wrong no matter what you answered.

(Your Knowledge has improved moderately! (+3: 2/15->4/15))
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_izvAbhExY

Leaving the tests with head held high, you notice the student council room's door is open. You'll have a little time before your baseball game, but not enough to go very far. If you want to talk to someone, you'll probably have to do it over dinner, and eat light.

>>Afternoon
>Assemble everyone to talk with David
>Head back to your room
>Talk to someone else <Write-In>
>Get something from one of the vending machines
>Ponder some of the mysterious goings-on at Olympia
>Check in on the student council
><Write-In>
>>
>>1825160
>(+3: 2/15->4/15)
Might want to check your math there?

>>
>>1825166
+3 is the current Knowledge modifier (Advanced- Well-Read), the improvement is shown with the arrow.
>>1825166
Writing.
>>
>>1825171
>+3 is the current Knowledge modifier (Advanced- Well-Read), the improvement is shown with the arrow.
Gotcha.
>>
>>1825181
The student council President, who has a small clip-on nametag on his shirt identifying himself as Christopher Hall, looks up as you enter and stands.
"Ah, excellent," he says with no little frustration and a bit of arrogance. "I was about to go to you, Read,"

When you raise an eyebrow to ask what's wrong, Hall holds up a paper with disdain. "I asked Keith Allan what he wanted to submit as your club name, and he wrote this down."
Raised to your eyes and way too close to your face is a club form filled out to your group's specifications with the Club Name line filled out 'GOpher FUrnishing roCK YOUth ReSurrEction LiFe'. You stifle a laugh, and Christopher glares from behind the paper.
"I assume I don't have to tell you what's wrong with this puerile gesture, but I'll need you to rewrite it or your group will lose your right to meet." Giving you the paper and a pen, he waits with impatiently crossed arms and a tapping foot for you to correct this mistake.

>>Rename the group?
>GFRYRL is a fine name, what's the problem? Do you hate gopher rock or something?
>'Puerile'?
>Fine. <Write-In name, Default Name 'Local History Club'>
>What do you guys do again?
>What are you going to do, file paperwork at us?
><Write-In>
>>
>>1825240
>GFRYRL is a fine name, what's the problem? Do you hate gopher rock or something?
>Fine, If you insist...
>>The Myth Busters! No, wait, that's already taken...
>> Society for Psychological Research of Myths(SPRM)
And if that doesn't cut it:
> Occult Research Club (ORC)
>>
>>1825356
He narrows his eyes at you. "Take this seriously, Solomon." It's annoying, hearing him speak to you like he's your dad or something. Angered by his tone, you reply,
"No, that's Bill's job," he replies, as if the point of your jab went over his head entirely. You resign yourself to meeting his demands.
>Fine, If you insist...
>>The Myth Busters! No, wait, that's already taken...
He rolls his eyes.
>> Society for Psychological Research of Myths(SPRM)
"Now wait just one minute!" he growls. "How stupid do you think I am?"
Biting your tongue to prevent yourself from answering that question, you fill it out seriously.
>And if that doesn't cut it:
> Occult Research Club (ORC)
The president looks over it and sighs. "I guess that works." Hall snatches the paper away and puts it in a folder before waiting for you to leave. The room seems to shift for a second, but you don't feel sick or tired. Something is going on here, but you don't have time to think about it- the baseball game is starting soon, and you need to change.

---

As the diamond's lights stand out against the lights, Keith and Martinez are waiting for you. "You're the backup pitcher and first up," Allan hands you a bat and gives you a thumbs up. "Good luck."

Thankfully, the field has dried out enough for you to be able to play safely, so you focus your will and prepare for the first pitch. You're playing against the Rattlers, known for aggressive but sometimes reckless tactics.

>>Batter up (Roll 2d10+3 (Courage))
>Get a feel for the pitcher (Easy)
>Just try to hit the ball (Ordinary)
>Start the game off with a double or triple (Difficult)
>Try to get a home run right from the start (Very Hard)
><Write-In>
>>
Rolled 8, 7 + 3 = 18 (2d10 + 3)

>>1825473
>>
>>1825559
After a missed swing and a ball, you focus and your eyes light up when a CRACK indicates you've struck with some serious power. Unfortunately, the ball bounces against the inside of the fence, but you forget about that and try to dash as the center fielder scrambles to pick up your hit from the ground.

You're on second base when you see the shortstop raise his glove, but instinct and practice tell you to move rather than stay where you are. The crowd gasps as you rush to third and make a short slide, reaching safety right before the ball lands in the baseman's glove. He curses under his breath and throws to the pitcher to allow for the next batter.

Soon, you're batted in for the first run of the game. When Keith comes up to bat, he puts a line drive at lighting speed inches away from the cheek of the pitcher. The second baseman doesn't react in time to spare himself from a very painful error that clips off his shoulder. He should have caught it if he were more disciplined, but Keith got to first base safely.

Eventually, you all are put on defense and run up a good score ahead of the opponents. In the last inning, Coach pulls you to the side. "Alright, show me three outs, kid. We're up by four, so just calm down and don't screw it up."

All eyes are on you as you move to the mound. You see Sofia and David in the stands, the second watching eagerly and the other patiently. Carrollo gives you a small judgmental look.

>>Pitching (Roll 2d10+3 (Knowledge))
>Prey on their aggressiveness and make them slip up (Easy)
>Make sure they don't score (Ordinary)
>Make sure they don't get on base (Difficult)
>Strike out all three batters (Very Hard)
><Write-In>
>>
Rolled 1, 2 + 3 = 6 (2d10 + 3)

>>1825667
>>Make sure they don't score (Ordinary)

The dark abyss of sleep is calling me. Peace.
>>
>>1825685
Welp. Unless someone comes up with a better roll than this...
Writing...
>>
>>1825685
You try to focus and relax. However, your nerves get the better of you as you make your first real pitch. It's a little too fast, and the batter swings and hits it like it was going out of style.
Cursing yourself, you try to trace the trajectory and your eyes widen as you're struck between them, an audiable gasp running through the crowd. You don't hear the concern of the crowds as you slump back and fall into a murky blackness.

You wake up in Faust's laboratory, but the area is foggy and your Myth is not here.

You have failed in embarrassing fashion, but perhaps we can turn this into an opportunity.

As you're ondering what this means, the Myth continues.

Look into the past. I sense we have not realized something important.

You consider the past, and all the questions you have right now. Bennett's behavior, what he's hiding from you. David's injury and what it means. Clover's whole deal. The strange men and women that surrounded them. The influence of the Milani. Durandal, and what he's hiding. Who on earth Leroy Brown actually is, and what the hell the Dig meant about Olympia.
Too many questions to count...

>>What's on your mind?
>Bennett. What's his deal? What would he hide from us and why?
>David. How deep are his scars? How is Harpe connected?
>Olympia. What the hell is going on at this school?
>Clover. How is he connected in all this? Does he know about Myths?
>The Milani. Is Leroy one of them? Do they have a hidden plan?
><Write-In>
>>
>>1825828
*wondering
Good enough, have a makeup music. Questions will be answered or at least clued in on the Discord.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lm76UTmlDg&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>1825828
>>
>>1825837
You recall something you're a little surprised to consider:
>"The computer runs off of a cache of internet data- it can't interact in real-time with computers outside of the Witching Hour."
Wait a minute, Bennett has a whole camera and computer system set up. And his Siege Perilous, that huge chair he uses. Why does he need a computer like that for monitoring this place? He said that they weren't expecting people to show up in the Witching Hour, which means either that he's lying, or that they have all this equipment to study something else. Are they studying Curses? What for?
You feel like you've made a connection when you recall something else about Olympia.
>After three months of digging at a concealed location on school property, the true nature of the shaking was finally discovered- an abandoned United States government laboratory, previously assumed to be destroyed, underneath the school. It took another six months for the nature of The Dig to be revealed to the common public, as the students involved would often use the hidden laboratory, which still received electricity due to an oversight, as a 'hideout'.
It wasn't an oversight at all! Not after they replaced it with this. Something that large had to have been deliberately placed underneath the school! They would have noticed the electricity drain, at least. You've already come to the conclusion that the adults didn't know that you would wake up, but they had preparations in place regardless.
>If you want to really know why this school exists, I need you to do well enough at this that the principal can trust you with the whole truth. He went to the original school, he knows how it went down then. We're here to make sure you're not in any danger, either from your powers or from anyone seeking to use you for them."
You remember that the government and several entrepreneurs were in place to help found Olympia. Perhaps you need to check on whose payroll Bennett really is...
(1/2)
>>
>>1825837
>>1825893
Bennett knows him, so there's a connection there. Something else you recall comes from someone you weren't suspecting- David.
>"Owned by that corrupt tycoon Richard Clover. Total prick, old as hell." Donna chips in.
>David seems to take slight offense at that. "Even if he is old, he's still a pioneer in the electronics industry. His company is over fifty years old, and his son, even in college, made breakthrough developments in artificial intelligence due to his funding and influence."
Artificial intelligence? Wait, but that would mean that...
Oh fuck.
>"His son also vanished from public knowledge after getting his degree because Clover was such an overbearing control freak. What I wouldn't give to have a story on him."
>Soon afterwards, Agatha took her final year of studies abroad in Japan, before vanishing as well with her son once her degree had been completed.
>"Normally, I'd say that's top-secret information and I can't tell you, but I'm already knee-deep in it as it is. If he was made in America, he's a Paladin unit. They're part of a secret development to create humanoid soldiers, spies, and agents of a similar nature- their nature is concealed by Dreamcatchers and the fact that there are only a few of them. I can't identify him: They must have put out a new model or something. I think the other is from Japan."
>"Well, little girl," Medusa turns at Sofia, who covers her eyes again, "I have a sympathizer who's been very gracious, considering my track record. I can't say, but you'll find out one way or another. He has a plan for this world, and its relationship with what you might call the 'real world'. A nostalgia trip of Mythical proportions."
Oh, FUCK.
Charles Clover was one of the original three Dig members and a technological wizard. If he's still alive, there's no telling whose side he's on or what his motives are. He could be pulling the strings from behind the scenes and nobody would know- the Principal might even be helping him. Even worse, if he's not, Robert is the best candidate for sponsoring the two 'rogue' machines, as he would have the tech to upkeep them.
>>
As you head burns with revelations, you realize that it also burns with pain, and wake up bleary-eyed on a hospital mattress with your nose feeling stuffed up. And probably broken. Ow.

David is sitting nearby, and stands as soon as he sees you stir. "Ah, Boss!"

You're too tired to talk to him at the moment. You'll need to focus your thoughts before this conversation continues.

Last post for the night, but here are options for anyone in the man time. I'll be back by 7 PM CST tomorrow.

>>Bed
>D-Did we win?
>How bad is it? My nose?
>Clear your mind and ask about his own injury
>I need to go back to sleep (Return to brainstorming and sifting through your memories)
>Just fall asleep and rest
><Write-In>
>>
>>1825944
>Did anyone get that truck's license plate?
>How bad is it? My nose?
>D-Did we win?
>David, we *really* need to have that talk...
>I need to go back to sleep (Return to brainstorming and sifting through your memories)
>>
>>1825944
>>
dice+2d6
>>
>>1826332
>>1826541
>Did anyone get that truck's license plate?
It comes out of your mouth sounding more like 'Dud anion gedda ruck licen', but Evelake understands you and you see a weight lift off his shoulders the second he notices you're well enough to make jokes. "No. Are you okay? Does anywhere beside your nose hurt?"
Surprisingly, your head feels mostly fine except for intense waves of pain radiating from where you were struck between the eyes. Your scalp and cranium both feel rested rather than hurt.
>How bad is it? My nose?
"Swollen, not broken, thankfully. You walked away from it, but you probably don't remember yet. Walt needs to explain why."
>D-Did we win?
"Yeah," he nods. "The other pitcher finished the game successfully."
>David, we *really* need to have that talk...
He seems to be a bit surprised you're requesting it now. "Now? Why?"
"Oh, okay. I'll let you rest." He sits down, and you drift off again.

You recall something else... A split-second of being on the mound, Faust's claw in place of your hand. The crowd looks at you in shock, but a woman in the audience pulls something out of her pocket and you return to your brainstorming session.

You're welcome, Faust states.

>>What's on your mind?
>Faust, what the hell did you do?
>Forget this, I'll work on thinking more when I wake up.
><Write-In>
>>
>>1827816
>>Could he be the child of that woman who dissapeared?
>>
>>1827816
>>
>>1827826
I am the manifestation of your self-preservation. I preserved you.
You can argue that getting hit in the face with a baseball is hardly lethal, but he disagrees.
Whether I am overzealous in my duties or not is not as important as that they be done. The woman prevented the 'ordinary folk' from noticing the truth, so there was no harm done.
You didn't recognize her, so she must have been the soccer instructor Bennett said knew about Myths. You feel relieved things didn't go worse than they did.

He said he was on a special diet, which means that his wounds are heavy enough to affect his digestion system. Come to think of it, he was wearing a rash guard along with his swimsuit at the waterpark. As weird as it sounds to say, you've never seen him with his shirt or shorts off.
The only other time you've seen him frightened was during the laser tag.
>However, he seems a little spooked by the fact that the arena is darkened and only lit up in certain places.
>"Hey, is it supposed to be like this?" he whispers. "Isn't it, you know, hard for people to see in the dark?"
>If you didn't know better, you'd say he's afraid of the dark, but it seems more like he's looking around for someone or something. It might have something to do with his accident.
You make a small connection when you remember the color of the enemy team- blue, the same as Harpe's mechanical eyes would be in the dark. She may have been responsible for making him the way he is.

>>Could he be the child of that woman who disappeared?
You think back, and shake your head.
>In 1994, after achieving his doctorate in Electrical Engineering with a minor in Mathematics, Charles Clover vanished without a trace from Crescent City, after speaking to Agatha Milani on an unknown topic.
>Agatha herself was a student in psychiatry at the time, and mother of a four-year-old boy, Aurelius Milani, who was assumed to be the child of one of her father's associates.
Aurelius would have been born in 1990 or earlier, making him just short of thirty, and 22 at the time of the accident. If he is Aurelius, whatever surgery he underwent would have had to been enough to completely remake his body. Aurelius's father could have been Clover, but given the comparative age, it could have been Leroy's, too...

He fits all of the checks for a mob stereotype. Wealthy, boisterous, irreverent, thieving, macho- and not in a good way. He doesn't seem to know anything about the Myths, and you're afraid you don't know much about the Milani except for their negative effects on Clover and Carrollo, and that they have a stranglehold on a lot of unsavory businesses.

One thing that stands out to you is that if they have a lot of money, they might have a stake in Olympia. Leroy shares a last name with the Principal, so it's not impossible.

(Cont)
>>
>>1827888
If they did know about Myths, you might be in some real dangers. Even though you pissed off the mobster, you remember something else.
>You do a quick search, and ask Sofia if she knows him along the way.
>"His name is Leroy, or at least that's what my Uncle calls him," she whispers, trying to make sure he can't hear her. "He's got a bad reputation, and used to be a womanizing man back in his day. Supposedly he has connections to the mafia, but it's never been proven. Legally, he's only been charged with cheating at gambling, battery, and sexual assault charges that got dropped."

Sarpino knows him, you could ask the pizzamaker. Something else that stuck with you soon followed, and you feel like you've scored a lead.
>"Thanks, kid. If you're ever on the south side, ask for Leroy."
South side, huh? Going there will probably be dangerous. Finding out who he is could provide a big hint, but you don't think he's in charge of the rogue droids.

All this thinking is making you sleepy again.
>>Anything else?
>The deal you made- how to pay it off?
>What's the enemy's plan?
>Forget this, I'll work on thinking more when I wake up.
><Write-In>
>>
>>1827949
>>Bennett. What's his deal? What would he hide from us and why?
>>What's the enemy's plan?
>>
>>1827949
>How to pay the deal
>Enemy's plan
>>
>>1827961
>>1827978
>>Bennett. What's his deal? What would he hide from us and why?
You know he speaks fluent Japanese in addition to English, and he likes to hide his eyes behind those sunglasses he always wears. He's got short-range telepathy outside of the Witching Hour. The teacher also wanted you all to speak to Principal Brown if you wanted to learn the true purpose of Olympia, indicating he's subordinate as a Myth-User to the Principal.

Then there's his connection to Clover, those women, and that boxer that was with them. He knows about whatever they're planning. And he knew about the Paladin units, so there's that. It seems like he's part of a government conspiracy or project or SOMETHING having to do with the Witching Hour- he's probably some sort of scientist or monitor for them. He's not Charles Clover in disguise- too young for that, unless he's able to de-age himself. Come to think of it, Durandal's pretty young-looking for a Cold War veteran. But, for the moment, you can't prove jack.

>>What's the enemy's plan?
They don't want you to search any deeper in, but why? Are they using that THING at the bottom of Babylon? Did they MAKE Babylon? The red-clothed servers attacked Harpe when they saw her, so they're not on the same side. Whatever else is going on, they don't want you in the Witching Hour, which means you should probably keep going to stop whatever it is they're doing.

A 'nostalgia trip' of epic proportions... Focusing, you put together that they believe the Witching Hour can affect reality with the fact that Monsters generate a floor on Babylon... Maybe they want to force a crossover to replace reality with the world the Monster of their boss is trying to create?

>How to pay the deal
And then there's your deal with the Devil. Faust said that you'll need to pay with your soul or a sufficiently powerful Myth. You note that your bond with your teammates makes your Myths stronger accordingly... Maybe you could use that to your advantage. You feel a little ashamed of using your friendship in such a way, but realize it would have to be genuine friendship to work anyways.

You can summon Myths by using objects... Maybe you need to sacrifice something of sufficient value to summon a Myth of that caliber. Something irreplaceable. If it's equal in value to a soul, you're going to hate parting with it for sure. Myths also seem to be related to memories, because Dreamcatchers can catch them and Curses/Myths alike... Sacrificing memories?

You don't have any more time to think about it before you wake up and see Sofia and Keith standing by your bedside, having come into the room. Ruth sits in the chair David was in, and Donna is outside texting someone.

"Feeling better?" Flores smiles and brushes off her dress as she walks over.

>>Feeling better?
>Yeah, thanks for coming.
>Where's David? He wanted to talk to us about something.
>Sofia, did you see what happened?
>I figured out a lot of stuff. Let's talk.
><Write>
>>
>>1828056
>>
>>1828130
Seconded.
>>
>>1828130
Second
>>
>>1828130
>>1828170
>>1828189
Keith nods. "Nothing to it. Can't believe they put you in a hospital over that, but I guess it could really be broken," he rolls his head in a circle to stretch his neck.
"Oh, he was just outside," Donna says, stepping in. "I think he went to the bathroom."

Soon enough, he returns, and looks fairly guilty about what he wants to tell you. His school tie has been removed, and the top button of his shirt unbuttoned.

"What's with the long face?" Allan asks. "Solomon said you wanted to talk about your accident. What happened?"

Rather than answering with words, David unbuttons the second button and presses down on the top of his sternum. As you look, he withdraws something from the location, and Sofia pales when she sees it. It's a Dreamcatcher, and he shamefully puts it on the bed, near your feet.

"Did you think the fact that Durandal and I shared a similar Myth type was a coincidence?" he squeaks, and he looks like he's about to cry. His eyes are now the same as Harpe's, a bright shade of electrical blue. Features that you've never seen seem to fade into sight- small flaws with his body and face make him look close to human but not quite exactly. He looks away and points at the object he withdrew. "It holds Joshua. That's how I can summon him."

"You're a..." Ruth looks at the device and back at Evelake.

"The accident killed my parents, why do you think it would have spared me? They saved me... by putting me in this machine." He looks over his hand, which is made of a sort of plastic.

"You're a Paladin! That's so cool!" Donna squeals excitedly, but this infuriates David and causes her to regret what she said.

"It's not cool!" he rebukes her, more harshly than he means. "I'm sorry... I just... It's not the same! I can't remember anything about being human! I want..." Evelake breaks down and sits in the empty chair.

Everyone seems to be at a loss. Ruth and Sofia look like they want to comfort him, while Keith is trying to think of something to say. "Well, uh... You're still one of us."

Well, this has been... a day, you guess.
>>That just happened.
>I don't know what to tell you, David.
>Keith is right.
>Who else knows?
>(Motion to the others to let him be)
><Write-In>
>>
>>1828228
>Keith is right if nothing else at least you still have us
>>
>>1828228
>Keith is right if nothing else at least you still have us.
>Even if you were hiding your true appearance, you're still the same person we've gotten to know. You're as much a human as anyone else.
>>
>>1828381
>>1828300
>Keith is right if nothing else at least you still have us
>Even if you were hiding your true appearance, you're still the same person we've gotten to know. You're as much a human as anyone else.

"Yeah," Sofia says, and walks over to him, crouching to comfort the smaller boy. "Come here."
She lets him cry on her shoulder, and you feel a bit jealous despite the situation. So does Donna. Everyone shares mostly-silent glances with each other and you come to the conclusion that everyone is on board with this. David's spirit seems to life once he realizes that nobody is scared of him or considers him monstrous.

Despite being flat on your back, you realize that this experience has brought you all, and David, specifically, closer together.

((Your bond with the Innocent increased to Rank 3!)
If David is in your party during battle, once per expedition he will take and survive a lethal blow in the place of another party member.)

((Your bond with the Jester increased to Rank 2!)
Gained power Devil's Own Luck- Once per session, re-roll failed/unacceptable check.)

The doorknob moves, and David moves to pick up his Dreamcatcher before the other person can walk in. It's Walt, thankfully, and he sweeps the room with his gaze before stopping on you. "Feeling better?"

"Yeah, he is," David tries to put on a strong face as he replaces his Myth-summoning tool.

"So he told you." the teacher doesn't seem surprised. "Well, Solomon, as soon as the doctor comes back, he's got painkillers. You should probably call your parents. I don't think the school will object to you taking a sick day, though you'll have to make up your remaining exams."
He asks David, "You want to stay a little longer? I'll let you all in later if you want to stay until closing, but just this once."

>>You want to stay a little longer?
>I think I'm good to go once I've got those painkillers. A day off would be nice, though.
>I'm going to sleep as soon as I get back.
>Why didn't you tell us about his condition?
>Let's stop at Sarpino's. We all need a pick me up.
>(Call your parents)
>Cut the shit, Walt. What are you really up to?
><Write-In>
OOC: Swear to God I put that link in.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMOGaugKpzs
>>
>>1828429
>I think I'm good to go once I've got those painkillers. A day off would be nice, though.
>>
>>1828434
>(Call your parents)
>>Be totally nomchalant about the part where you got put in the hospital.
>>
>>1828444
>>1828477
>>I think I'm good to go once I've got those painkillers. A day off would be nice, though.
"Yeah, if you're not sure, take it. No use trying to go through an exam with that much pain."
>>Let's stop at Sarpino's. We all need a pick me up.
"It'll be close," Sofia admits. "But I'm sure Uncle'll allow it."

Walt nods. "I'll be ready whenever you are. Just have David or someone text me."

(For going to the hospital, your Courage has increased slightly! (+3: 0/15 ->1/15))

>(Call your parents)
>>Be totally nonchalant about the part where you got put in the hospital.

"You WHAT?" Your mother nearly screams your ear off. "You had to go to the HOSPITAL? Why didn't you call me before? Where are you now? Who brought you there?"

You explain that you were brought there by the coaches and Mr. Bennett and that the school has a limited insurance policy on athletic injuries.

"Now you listen here, young man-!" Your mother attempts to continue reading you the riot act until Dad takes the phone away from her and questions you himself.

"Sorry, she probably made it hurt worse," he mutters. "But it's good to know you're alright. Just don't go back into sports until the doctor clears you, eat well, get sleep, and tell them if it gets worse and all that jazz." Dad states firmly. "Stay healthy, okay?"

You deal with a few more details talking to him while he wards your mother off of the phone.

(You feel your bond with the Explorer will improve soon.)

---

You enter Sarpino's a few minutes before it's lined up to close. There's no-one here, and the eyepatch-wearing owner is alarmed to see you with a huge bruise on your face. In fact, he looks angry. "Good God, who has done this?"

"Baseball accident," Keith assures him. "Thankfully, it wasn't intentional on anyone's part."

"I was thinking it was one of those mob fools trying to be tough." He points at his barreled chest. "I dealt with them before, it's how I lost my eye. Other guy lost a lot more."

Donna shudders. "Man, remind me to never get on his bad side."

>>Sarpino's
>Can we just get a pair of supremes?
>We've been dealing with this guy named Leroy recently- I heard you him?
>Did you ever know Agatha Milani?
>This is a weird question, but... Can we trust Principal Brown?
>Does Clover ever come in here?
><Write-In>
>>
>>1828552
>Can we just get a pair of supremes?
>We've been dealing with this guy named Leroy recently- I heard you know him?
>Did you ever know Agatha Milani?
>Ask Sofia if she knows about Clover visiting or not, she might have an idea.

It will look suspicious if we ask him too many questions.
>>
>>1828607
>>Can we just get a pair of supremes?
>>We've been dealing with this guy named Leroy recently- I heard you know him?
Sofia is alarmed you bring him up, probably because her uncle snarls when he hears the name. "Bastard, probably really." He becomes cold and focused when you mention the man has stolen from Black Cover. "Never learns. When I am younger he comes in and buys pizza, does not pay. Next time he comes in we don't serve him. He threatens my father, Papa pulls shotgun with salt out from under counter. His brother comes in later and is sorry, pays for food. That man we never have problem with."

>>Did you ever know Agatha Milani?
He snorts. "How do you know this name? Yes, I know her." Sarpino begins to reminisce when he comes back with the pizza. "Ah, yes. Is when I am younger as well. Delivering by bike to hospital bed room where little rich boy Clover is. Had his legs broken by mob, still orders from Italians," he laughs. "So I go there and there is this girl, her damn brothers beat me once for fun. She is bringing him food she made herself in secret, it is pretty good. She and Clover boy share pizza, I go home with Sunday Gravy and Rigatoni- test for poison first though. I think she still makes that for him, been some time since they come in. Son comes in, though."
The pizzamaker raises an eyebrow. "Why do you ask?" You manage to dodge the question and thank him, trying to remain calm at the fact that he knows who Aurelius is. You can't ask him now, he might get the wrong idea.

>>Ask Sofia if she knows about Clover visiting or not, she might have an idea.
She thinks. "He only gets delivery, never sits in. Uncle says he never has enough time. It's a bit awkward walking up to such a big building and telling them I have a pizza for the CEO. He never receives it in person, either, but he tips twenty dollars a pizza."

It's getting late, and while your stomach is full, you feel like you really should be taking the day off tomorrow. It might give you more time to study over the weekend- not like you need to.

---

That'll be it for the night, unless you have any more questions or actions. I'll stick around for a bit and archive the thread.
>>
>>1828669
Goodnight, thanks for running.
>>
>>1828699
No problem.
Archived!
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive/1824784/
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.