[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Low Fantasy Civilization Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 13

File: 1415809395708.jpg (4MB, 2700x6000px) Image search: [Google]
1415809395708.jpg
4MB, 2700x6000px
I'm intending for this civilization game to be something of a mixture between standard civ fare and some of the more hard-core civ threads we had a few years back.

I'll need three votes for our race, and three for our place.
>>
>>1819893
Fairy nigga FAIRY
A
I
R
Y
>>
>>1819893
G N O L L S

N L

O L

L O

L N

S L L O N G
>>
>>1819939
Oh "That guy which always picks Fairies", why do you always pick fairies?
>>
>>1819893
Gnolls, seconded.

Floating Islands
>>
We never go vanila
Human
>>
>>1819970
I like the idea of small little fairies ruling the world with a cruel iron fist
>>
>>1819987
Pick fairy anon. Fairies are love, fairies are life.
FAIRIES NIGGA
>>
>>1819893
Im gonna pick canyon ursine.
>>
Myceanea in Volcano.
Because it is obviously a good idea
>>
>>1819893
gnolls, desert
>>
>>1819893
Fairy
>>
>Gnolls
>Desert

Raider hyena-men? Yes pls
>>
>OP are you kill.
>>
>>1820211
this
>>
>>1819987
Seconded
>>
>>1819893
Fairy please
>>
Options kill quests.
>>
>>1820211
This
>>
File: fay.jpg (549KB, 957x739px) Image search: [Google]
fay.jpg
549KB, 957x739px
>>1819893
+1 for fairy
>>
>>1819893
OP you nigger come back
>>
>>1823770
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost, in time, like OP in /qst/. Time to die.
>>
File: 1Xjordz.png (83KB, 180x256px) Image search: [Google]
1Xjordz.png
83KB, 180x256px
>>1823794
Why do QM's just abandon their quest before It even starts?
>>
>>1823835
At this point ignore all civ threads
>>
>>1823841
>tfw civ quests are your favourite
JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP SENPAI
>>
File: star-wars-07.jpg (133KB, 700x524px) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-07.jpg
133KB, 700x524px
I'll try and take over for a fairy quest!

You look over from harvesting the meat out of one of the nearby cacti and see what you have been reading. Black smoke rising from the outcropping where your people live. The Queen has died.

The smoke symbolizes that all work must be stopped and all fairies most return home for a gathering to pick the new Queen. You gather what you have collected and begin your journey to the outcropping.

Welcome to desert fairies! I will try and take over, if it works I will see if I can't pick it up here and there or try something new with you folks.

Current standing of your civilization
>Queen: Dead
>Fairies: 50
>Food: 3 weeks stockpile
>Water: The Queen summoned a rain on the last moon, there is 4 days supply.
>Technology: Basic spears, baskets, stone weapons, fire

You must choose a new Queen at this gathering, there are 3 candidates that have shown a small amount of magical prowess.

>Azore, one of the previous Queen's hand maidens. She learned some small tricks to controlling and finding water. She does not have royal blood but may be the best bet to finding water.
>Scorpia, a leader of one of the scouting parties, she has shown abilities in healing magic. She is also a well-trained survivalist and hunter. She has distant ties to the royal family.
>Meri, the only daughter of the Queen. She would be the rightful successor but shows very little to no magical ability.

Choose your new Queen and bring up anything else you'd like to discuss at this gathering.
>>
>>1823937
Woohoo fairy quest!
OP if we picked Mera would Azore still help with finding water?
>>
>>1823987
Only one way to find out!
>>
Thanks for picking up the quest

>>1823937
We are in for hard times I'd like to see most able as a queen...unless fairies have strong options of following the royal line

>Scorpia
>>
>>1823937
Fuck it
>Meri, the only daughter of the Queen. She would be the rightful successor but shows very little to no magical ability.
>>
>>1824010
Hard mode best mode
>>
>>1824010
Ah well, others are more likely to follow rightful successor, my vote for this, unless some other anon breaks tie in 5min.
>>
>>1824023
>>1824017
>>1824010
>>1823987

3.5 votes for Meri voting will stop there. Writing up the next section
>>
File: Fulgurite Crown.png (61KB, 154x141px) Image search: [Google]
Fulgurite Crown.png
61KB, 154x141px
>>1823937
The fairies all gather to the top of the outcropping where the fire is being stoked. The ceremony begins right around sunset as the last few fairies float in. A male fairy, ancient with a flowing beard stands up. His chest is adorned with the skin of a serpent. Lord Firo, Grandfather of Scorpia, third cousin to the Queen, stands up and begins a speech.

“Fairfolk, we gather here to send our glorious Queen back to the stars and crown her successor” As he says this a procession of fairies walk up, led by Princess Meri, and circle the fire. In the center of the procession you see a small body wrapped in a shroud.

“May she guide our way when the moon is gone.” Sobs escape out of the fairies around you breaking the sullen silence and you see tears shine on the face of Meri. The fairies carrying the Queen step around the fire and gently place the body in the heart of the flame. The shroud alights quickly and pink sparks begin to drift upward. The crowd is silent and watches as the Queen’s body slowly burns away, her ashes drifting upward from the heat.

The voice of Firo rings out again. “With her passing we are left without a leader and the full moon is soon upon us. Our laws state that the next crowned would be her heir Meri. Meri if you would please step forward.” At this mention Meri walks up in front of Firo and kneels. “By the power given to me by your mother, as witnessed by all those who are gathered her, please rise and take your title as protector of our people, Queen Meri.”

The crowd cheers as the glorious crown made of Fulgurite is placed upon her head. A true feast will be held to celebrate her coronation under the full moon, three days from now. For now the fair folk join together in dance and song as they express the strange mix of emotions that follows the strange ceremonies of a dying queen and the coronation of her heir on the same night.

How would you like to prepare for the feast, the coming days? Fairy magic is special, it is tied to the moon, it is at its most powerful when the moon is full and almost non-existent at the New Moon. You play as elders/advisory/council members of the Fairy Court, your voices sway the decisions of other members.

>Speak to Azore to see if she can help find water
>Speak to Firo about the matters left over by the last Queen
>Speak to the Queen to lay out a plan
>Other (whatever you want)

Current Standings:
>Queen: Meri
>Fairies: 49
>Water: 3 days supply
>Moon: Waxing Gibbous
>Season: Summer
>>
>>1824081

>Speak to Azore to see if she can help find water
>Speak to Firo about the matters left over by the last Queen
>>
>>1824081
Can faeries die of old age?
>>
>>1824098
Yes, the average life span of a fairy is 5 years.
>>
File: _DSC5861copy-vi.jpg (790KB, 1000x646px) Image search: [Google]
_DSC5861copy-vi.jpg
790KB, 1000x646px
>>1824091
You catch up with Firo the next morning and question him about matters left over.

“Well, the main issue is water. The queen was supposed to call down the rain on the next full moon and replenish us for a month, but with her gone we will need to see about another option. The food gathering is not an issue, we are still able to sustain our population by harvesting cactus meat.”

“The scouting parties will go out again right now. They will leave for 3 moons each and make it back in time for the feast. We have two parties and they rotate, one goes westward, the other eastward and they circle clockwise and return making a perimeter. Typically it is the standard notes, animals, bushes staying the same, no tracks, nothing new since the last viper tried to come this way.”

“We have the feast on the full moon, hopefully one of the parties can bring back a Jojoba fruit. There is a small grouping of shrubs a bit farther out, they will have to cut in a little sooner but it may be worth it for the celebration.”

“At the start of the Autumn we have a coming of age celebration for 10 young fairies, that will help bolster our ranks a little. That’s about all we have going on right now.”

You take this information as you will and make your way to Azore and ask her if she can help out. She is a little bitter, she had hoped someone would speak out about this new queen and her inability to find water.

“Of course I will help, it is for our people. I plan to go through the old Queen’s texts with a couple of others with the permission of the Queen and see if we can't find a ritual to bring in the rain. I will need at least 10 fae to help me so we might run a little short on food. Hopefully we can compensate while the moon is waning.”

You take your information and discuss what you would like to do next.
>Tell Azore she can have less fairies and risk missing the full moon
>Tell Azore she can have more fairies and lose 1 weeks stockpile
>Tell Firo to hold back the scouting parties to help make up for lost food
>Tell Firo to skip the fruit, maintaining a perimeter is more important
>Talk to the queen
>Other (whatever you want)

Current Standings
>Water: 3 days supply
>Moon: Waxing Gibbous
>>
>Tell Firo to hold back the scouting parties to help make up for lost food
Having water is important. Even if we are under more threat of invasion
>>
>furfag quest

Disgusting
>>
>>1824194
>>Talk to the queen
>>
>>1824194
>>
>>1824359
Fairy not furry, you illiterate dunce.

>>1824442
we're not hurting for food, as Firo said.
>>
>>1824194
You speak to Azore and Firo and plan for the scouting party to go out after the full moon so Azore can have extra fairies for her research.

The fairies find what they need and it is a very difficult ritual. If you perform this ritual Azore will be out of commission for magic until the next full moon. This should be fine because a good storm brings a months worth of water. The fairies have learned to gather it and collect it in clay bowls and jars.

Three days pass and the ritual is prepared for this evening, the food is maintained. Anything you wish to do before the moon rises?
>>
>>1824699
Perhaps ask the villagers about any unusual going ons they've noticed recently? Also, why did the previous Queen die? Seems a bit unexpected.
>>
>>1824699
Get more faries to train stuff related to magic
>>
>>1824699
We should probably research agriculture.
>>
>>1826302
Seconded
>>
>>1824699
>>1825693
Probally this, but then just go forward with ritual

>1826302
I doubt there is much use for farming in desert
>>
>>1819893
>Rape victims
Take this degenerate shit to /d and stay there
>>
>>1826491
Good point until we get better rain summoning magic or find an oasis agriculture won't be usefull.
>>
>>1826496
How is this /d/ in any way?
>>
FairyCM here, I'll be updating today and try at least once or twice a day and more on my days off mo/we.

I had one idea of moving this to a discord and running it from there, same format just more organic/live

If you are interested let me know otherwise we can keep it here.

Thanks! Post inc 2 hours when I'm off work
>>
>>1824699
You wander through the Fairies and meet up with those who are working around the village and ask if anything strange is going on. A few give some insights.

"Nothing that I have heard of, other than the water is low." said one elderly fairy

"I heard the Queen's death was a murder...." said a young child.

"I saw some smoke out on the horizon when I was scouting the other day, but it was probably a brush fire." said one of the scouts helping around town.

Other than that it was all general village issues, not what you were looking for.

You talk to Azore, briefly as she is meditating to prepare for the ritual about training more fairies after tonight. She brushes you away and tells you that they can discuss it after.

You talk to Firo about agriculture and he points out that rain would be integral to that and with that, everyone gathers for the Ritual of Rain.

I need a 1d100 roll for rain. Some modifiers that have helped you.

Normal difficulty 90% Fail Rate
>Asking Azore to complete it +10% Success
>Giving Extra Help +20% Success
>Full Moon casting +20% Success
Current difficulty 40% Fail Rate - You have to roll below a 60, low is good, a 100 is a catastrophic fail.

To speed things up, if it succeeds when I am away roll a d20+10 for days of rain.

Current Standings
>Food: 2 weeks stockpile
>Water: 2 days supply
>Moon: Full Moon
>>
Rolled 42 (1d100)

>>1827583
MAKING IT RAIN BABY.

Appreciate the effort FairyCM, your description of a crown made of fulgurite is pretty badass and appropriate for a desert fairy setting. I prefer keeping things on the chans vs dischord due to more visibility.
>>
Rolled 12 + 10 (1d20 + 10)

>>1828049
Fuck yeah, makin' all dem bitches wet.
>>
>>1827583
>"I saw some smoke out on the horizon when I was scouting the other day, but it was probably a brush fire." said one of the scouts helping around town.

Inb4 that's a sign of the nearest rival civ.
>>
>>1827583
As the sun sets and the moon rises the fairies begin their ritual...

By the light of the moon alone Azore sits in the center of a tight ring of fairies that take cactus needles and dance around her drawing in the dirt. Azore’s eyes blink a few times and they are filled with sparkling blue lights as she falls into a trance. The drawing slowly grows wider and more intricate as the fairies feet leave the ground and all of them in unison begin chanting.

This goes on for hours, gaining tempo and volume as the moon climbs higher in the sky. As the moon reaches its apex all the ritualists stop, frozen, the last words echo out across the desert. Almost as if in retort, when the last sound fades a peal of thunder rolls back. Clouds rapidly gather on the horizon and race towards the outcropping.

The fair folk cheer at the success of the ritual and begin gathering jugs, water skins, tightly woven baskets, and any other means of storing the water. Azore quietly collapses in the center of the circle, her dancers lift her up and carry her to her home.

As heavy droplets fall around the fairies filling their containers they begin to dance and sing in delight, sickly sweet mulberry wine is rolled out and a true celebration begins. Even old Firo gets in the mood and starts up some bawdy songs with the scouts. Toasts are made to the lives of both the Queens, new and passed, and a palpable level of stress and sorrow seems to be washed away in the rain.

The celebration comes to a close as the rain stops, clouds disperse, and the first light of the next day warms the sky. There is a short recovery period and the entire village seems to be back to normal by midday.

>22 Days worth of Water Collected
>Azore is Exhausted, she will rarely be conscious for the next week...

What would you like to do?

Current Standings
>Water: 24 days supply
>Moon: Waning Gibbous

--A Note from a reply above--
The last Queen’s death was a slight surprise. She was considered old for her people she was pushing 6 years, but for some of the more magical fairies, they surpass the average 5 years, sometimes by double. She had fallen ill about a year back and even the best healers could not seem to stop the sickness from spreading. She declined very rapidly at the end, they had hoped she would be around for one more ritual but the fates decided that it would not be so. She was a good Queen, strong and fair, but her death was imminent.
>>
>>1828584
>ring of fairies that take cactus needles and dance around her drawing in the dirt.
Killing it with the theming, good job.

Interesting how our magic works, looks like we have to survive in intervals of 29.53 days.

I vote for sending the bulk of our winged workforce scouting with Scorpia.
>>
>>1828584
More scouting i quess
>>
Even if this ritual was a success we can't rely on this forever we need to scout and try to find a new water source

also maybe look into developing better larger water storage
>>
File: Image.jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
34KB, 223x310px
on a planet 7/10th of which is covered with water and we cant find any
>>
File: db31_ydel5krbi5.jpg (93KB, 640x454px) Image search: [Google]
db31_ydel5krbi5.jpg
93KB, 640x454px
weren't we supposed to start with a faerie priestess?

Don't we have trade ? Cant we just trade for water or steal it? Cant we collect morning dew?
>>
>>1831851
>desert
>morning dew
>>
>>1831851
we shall drink the blood of our enemies
>>
>>1831851
> weren't we supposed to start with a faerie priestess?
Different QM, different rules
>>
File: desert_mesa_by_cmski82-d653zvs.jpg (48KB, 735x414px) Image search: [Google]
desert_mesa_by_cmski82-d653zvs.jpg
48KB, 735x414px
>>1828584
While normally I'd suggest we start to tech up, fairies are supposed to be bad-ish at technology anyway.

Considering we live in a harsh desert, securing possible resource caches is more important, and perhaps we can identify possible future threats/shelters.
>>
Not dead yet, update inc
>>
>>1828584

>I vote for sending the bulk of our winged workforce scouting with Scorpia.
>More scouting i quess
>Even if this ritual was a success we can't rely on this forever we need to scout and try to find a new water source. also maybe look into developing better larger water storage
>While normally I'd suggest we start to tech up, fairies are supposed to be bad-ish at technology anyway.
Considering we live in a harsh desert, securing possible resource caches is more important, and perhaps we can identify possible future threats/shelters.

The next evening the townsfolk gather once more to discuss what they do next. A few voices speak out that with the reduced scouting it is extremely important that we send a large group out. The plans are set and Scorpia is approached. “We would like you to lead a large group of scouts out to find a different source of water. What do you think you will need”

Scorpia is taken aback by this, it is a very hefty request but at the same time a very honorable one. She led one of the smaller parties of about 5 fairies. “Well, thank you, umm… I would need at least a dozen fairies, that would leave you with only 3 of the 15 scouts we have. I think the best option is to scout out farther than we ever have before. We would find a vulture or red tailed hawk high in the sky and track them for a few days. See what they do, where they drink, where they feed to find how the animals survive. I would ask for 5 jugs of water. Each jug would give the party a day plus our waterskins, would give us 6 moons to find water. If we don't find anything by the 4th moonrise we will rush home. If we do find water we will restock and send a few home. So we will be gone 12 days at the very most.”

This makes quite a few fairies, even a few scouts very nervous. 3 days is the typical time allotted for a scouting party to leave 4 is the longest any party has been away from the rock. 6 is unheard of.

Firo steps up, “I believe we can accommodate these requests. Let us prepare for you to leave at the next sunrise.” and with that, everyone sets into motion. 12 of the finest fairies are hand picked by Scorpia. They are given enough food and water for a 6-day trip, anything after that they will have to gather.

Scouting Party
>1 - Scorpia, leader, and healer
>2 - Healers and Waterhaulers, unarmed
>4 - Heavily armored (scorpion carapace half plate) soldiers
>3 - Lightly armored (horned lizard skin shirts and helms) archers
>2 - Food and Waterhaluers, unarmed

As the sun rises the 12 fairies hug their friends and family and flit off north towards a known hunting spot of some hawks.

Three moons have now passed and there has been no word. Tensions are high because if they don't hear anything by tonight, that either means really good news or really, really bad news.

What would you like to do?
>>
>>1837332
Current Standings
>Fairies: 49 (15 Scouting, whereabouts unknown)
>Water: 16 days supply (24 - 3 days - 5 days for party)
>Moon: Waning Gibbous

There seems to be some confusion on how I am running this so a quick insight into my brain. Spoiled in case you want to maintain the verisimilitude
All fairies have a slight magical ability, enough to heal small cuts, cast a bright light, start a small fire, the more powerful fairies like Azore are few and far between and usually have a specialty.
There was a choice to have a priestess like role in the beginning but the community chose Meri, the least magical most political option.
The original creator wanted this to be low-fantasy and hard so I am trying to maintain that aspect for those who were drawn to this thread by that description
>>
>>1837335
Wooo glad you're back.

>4 - Heavily armored (scorpion carapace half plate) soldiers
This gon b gud.

I appreciate the fact you're still trying to keep the setting low fantasy, despite us having a magical race. Dark Souls mode it is then.

As for what to do next... it's pretty critical for the souting mission to succeed, but I don't know what we can do from the settlement to help if they already have our best and brightest.

I don't suppose we have any way to scry?
Smoke signals?
Maybe we should fortify our fairy hovels instead? What are we even living in anyways? Hollow cactuses? Rock piles? Caves?

You mentioned jugs, have we invented ceramics yet? That would be pretty handy for preserving the water we do have.
>>
New thread time
>>
>>1839799
>>
>>1831972
Yes there is dew even in the desert. Where do you think people in the dessert get a small amount of water from?

Also if we were bigger we could dig for it
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.