[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quest Beyond the Gate: Chapter 74

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 544
Thread images: 6

>/qst/ Thread Archive: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?tags=Beyond%20the%20Gate
>QM Twitter: twitter.com/SmileytheQM
>General Info (Updated as I go): http://pastebin.com/ffH25ciB

You spend a while doing a strange 'back and forth' thing with Derrick, taking turns attacking and defending. Meyu says it's good practice, and you have no reason to think he's wrong.

"Alright boys, let's call it here" Meyu says.
"Already?" You ask.

Meyu tilts his head towards the door, where one of the maids is standing.

Now that she has your attention, she clears her throat. "The king requests the presence of the two of you in his chambers" She says.

Derrick frowns. "Did he say why?" He asks.
"Only that he wished to speak with the princes" The maid says.

With that done, she bows and goes on her way.

"I guess you two are dismissed. Go see what His Majesty wants, and then pack your things" Meyu says. "Maybe take a minute to wash up, too"

You and Derrick put away your practice swords and head out, stopping only momentarily to grab Coral from her bench.

>What do you think he wants?

>I've got your back

>Are we in trouble?

>Other
>>
>>1815456
>>What do you think he wants?
>>
>>1815456
>I'm not going to get billed for property damages, right?
>>
>>1815456
>>What do you think he wants?
>>
>writing
>>
"What do you think he wants?" You ask as you make your way to the stairs.
"Not sure" Derrick replies.

"He's not gonna bill me for the damage to the generator, is he?" You ask. "I don't think I have that kind of money..."
"He won't" Derrick says. "At least I hope not... the Rynia's agreed to split the repair cost between them, the kingdom, and the funds Altea gained for the rebellion"

"Nice of them" You say.
"It's their city, and it's not safe while the generator is down" He says. "Technically we're being the nice ones by splitting the bill"
"Oh" You say. "Nice of us"

Derrick chuckles.

You head the rest of the way up, avoiding the collapsed stair and eventually reaching the king's chamber.

There isn't an actual entrance to it, rather another set of stairs. The King's chamber is the room highest up in the main tower of the palace...

When you reach the top of the stairs, you see the King sitting in a chair by the window.

He looks old... old enough to be Derrick's grandfather. But you sense that he is younger than he looks. The last several years have likely taken a toll on him.

Derrick looks nervous when he sees him, swallowing a lump in his throat and looking like he wants to leave before he's noticed.

You pat him on the back, and step forward...

>Lovely morning

>Hello Uncle

>You summoned us, Your Majesty?

>Other
>>
>>1815620
>>Hello Uncle
>>
>>1815620
>>Hello Uncle
Eh, fuck it.
>>
>writing
>>
>>1815620
>Hello Uncle
>>
"H-hello Uncle" You say, drawing his attention.

"Ah, you're here" The King says, as he stands from his chair. His voice is gruff. "Please, come forward"

You and Derrick step a bit further into the room, still apprehensive about this whole thing...

"You've grown..." The King says, as he walks over to a table to pour himself something... looks a bit like wine. "Feels like just yesterday I made that horrible mistake..."

"Sending me off to die?" Derrick asks.

The King finishes pouring and takes a sip. "Not calling you my son" He says. "I've treated you terribly, but all else is just an echo of that"

The room is so quiet so you can hear blood flowing in your ears...

"Is that why you called us here?" Derrick asks. "Am I supposed to forgive you?"
"No" The King says. "Sometimes water must run under the bridge, and sometimes the bridge must come down... I asked you here so I could give you this"

King Dein picks up a sheathed sword from the table, and hands it to Derrick. The sheath is ornate, trimmed with an orange-gold metal. The hilt is made from the same metal, and designed to look like a dragon, with a pair of wings as a guard, and a curving tail as the pommel, with a large red gem set in what looks to be a saddle...

"Flametongue...?" Derrick asks. "This should go to Daria"
"Your sister is not a fighter" The King says. "My fault. After your older sister died I... sheltered her... she has a gentle soul, and a gentle soul doesn't belong on the battlefield"
"Altea then" Derrick says.

"If Altea wanted it, she would have it already" The King says.

"I can't take this..." Derrick says.
"You will take it" The King replies. "It belongs in our family, and it belongs in the hands of a fighter. You are my son, and you have proven that you're worthy to hold it and I will hear no more complaints"

Derrick takes a breath. "Y-yes father..." He says.

"Now, you may go... unless you wish to speak with me" The King says.

Derrick lingers for a moment, like he's teetering on whether he wants to say anything or not. Then he bows, turns, and leaves.

"He's grown strong" The King says. "Perhaps I was right to send him to his aunt... she's always had a good eye for potential, where most only see weakness"

"Sh-should I go too?" You ask.
"Not yet" He says. "I understand I have you to thank for my defeat"

>You're welcome

>Sorry about the generator...

>Not entirely...

>Other
>>
>>1815794
>>Sorry about the generator...
>>
>>1815794
>
>>Not entirely...
>>
>>1815794
>>Not entirely...
>>Other, "Not sorry about Mortifas"
>>
>writing
>>
>>1815794
>I think it was more a matter of defeating enemies around you.
>>
"I can't take credit for all of it..." You say.

King Dein sits down and sips his wine. "When Sir Frederick returned from Mortifas and told me of a boy that broke into the engine and used it to bring the whole place down... well I was understandably skeptical" He says. "But here you are, having blazed a trail of victories across Lubars... even breaking through the guardians to bring down the automatons"

"To be fair, we only really brought down one. The other blew itself up after we hit it enough" You say.
"And humble" He says. "What is your name, again?"

"Yuu" You say.
"Yuu Gallant" The King replies. "That name means something still, and you should wear it with pride"
"I will" You say.

"Now then... Your mother believes that you hold the key to defeating the Legion" He says. "I think that's a heavy weight for one person to carry, but she seems to believe you're up to the task"

"I think I am" You say. "At the very least, the Legion commanders are always surprised when their weapons don't work"
"You can't rely on surprise forever. Word will spread, and they'll try new things" He says, as he gets up from his chair and goes over to a shelf along the wall. He grabs a fist sized black ball and tosses it to you. "Take this"

"What is it?" You ask.
"Something the Inquisitors were working on, after the Chaos Engine's 'success'..." He says.

You look it over, and see that there's a pin in it...

"A spellbomb?" You ask.
"No... more like a smokebomb" He says. "Sort of an experimental thing. Pulling the pin lights a fuse, which lights the firepowder core, and scatters powder chaos crystal. Makes using magic difficult, moreso after a long fight, and someone like you could do interesting things in an area littered with that stuff"

"Uhh... thanks..." You say.

"Use it wisely. That is the only one in existance, and I'm not about to commission more" He says. "Lubars is done with making weapons using Chaos. At least until the red stain that Mortifas left on our history has faded"

>Anything to say?
>>
>>1815957
Mortifas will never fade, and you have too accept it.
>>
>writing
>>
>>1815957
>Mortifas was a bad use of chaos, but that's just how it was used. If it's something effective against the Legion, I think we should keep it in mind.
>>
"I don't think Mortifas is the kind of thing history forgets" You say.
"History..." He says. "Did you know that the Dragon King was a monster? He blazed a path of fire and murder across this land, and built this very palace on the bones of it's rulers. History remembers him as a valiant hero king who carved out a nation for his people"

King Dein walks back to his chair and sits down again.

"We remember him that way because his ancestors have been mostly good, so it's easy to think their progenitor was good as well" He says. "Mortifas has shown the world how chaos can be used for evil, but in 100 years when they look back, do you know what they'll remember?"

"What?" You ask.
"You" He says. "How you used Chaos as a weapon against the Mad King Dein, and struck down the Legion of Demons with a glowing red blade. Mortifas, this rebellion, the Legion, all footnotes"

"You really think so?" You ask.
"I don't, but Altea does" He says. "And she's always been a better judge than I"

"You can't be that bad..." You say.
"Don't humour me. The only worthwhile people in my life were the ones that were chosen for me" He says. "I married Derrick's mother out of ambition, not knowing she'd be the best thing that ever happened to me. She chose Frederick as the first knight, and the only one of my children who stayed around me has grown soft... and who did I choose"

"Okay, that does sound bad..." You say.

"Meanwhile, she's picked nothing but winners... her knights, my son, you, her allies in the war" He says. "Meanwhile I sided with Arlen... that madman"

"On the bright side, you'll have better council now" You say.

King Dein chuckles. "That I will" He says. "Fight well, Yuu Gallant. Perhaps there's a future for this nation after all..."
"We can only hope" You reply

>Anything else?
>>
>>1816062
>It's not too late for you and Daria. Things can always turn around for the better.
>>
>writing
>>
"It's not too late for you" You say. "There's always time to make things right"

"Time..." He says. "Time is something we sorely lack at the moment. Every second spent making amends with the people I've wronged brings the Legion closer... I am fine if they continue to hate me for the time being, if it guarantees their safety. If we all live... then maybe..."

You nod, and bid farewell to the King, thanking him for the bomb, and heading out.

Derrick is standing at the bottom of the stairs, sitting sith the blade unsheathed in his lap. The length of the blade seems to be made of some kind of orange crystal...

"Is it important, that sword?" You ask.
"Flametongue was forged by the Dragon King" Derrick says. "The original Dragon king wasn't actually a Dragon. It was later that the royal line married into a draconic family, and passed the crown down the female side"

"So why was he called the Dragon King?" You ask.
"Because of this" He says, as he stands up and brandishes the blade. Derrick focuses, and the blade ignites. "The crystal that the blade is made from only occurs in draconic monsters. It's what gives them their fiery breath. The King slew the mightiest dragon ever known, and cut Flametongue from its breath crystal"

"Wow" You say, as you look closer at the blade. The flames burn hot. Hot enough that you probably couldn't touch it...

The flames go out, and Derrick puts it in its sheath. He still seems conflicted...

>Let's go show it off!

>You'll put it to good use

>Do you have a breath crystal?

>What's wrong?
>>
>>1816158
>>You'll put it to good use

>>What's wrong?
>>
>>1816158
>>What's wrong?
>>
>>1816158
>What's wrong?
>>
>writing
>>
"What's wrong?" You ask.

"This belonged to my sister..." He says.
"But Daria-"
"Not Daria..." He says. "She left it here when she went west... it was a mission of peace, so they didn't bring weapons"

You think for a moment. "You think it might've gone differently if she'd had it" You say.

Derrick nods.

"One sword wouldn't have made the difference" You say. "If she had gone with it, the Legion would have it. Now, you have it instead"
"But-"

"But nothing. We're going to bring the fight to them. The Legion will pay for what they did to Antolia, and Mahron will pay for what they did to you family" You say, as you remember the subject of your talk with the King... "You can't erase the past... but with a sword like that, I think we can carve out a better future"

Derrick nods and straps flametongue to his belt.

"It suits you" You say.
"It does" He replies. "Let's go. The Tower awaits"

The two of you head off, back toward your rooms.

"Do the human dragons have those breath crystals too?" You ask him
"Well actually..."

>1/2
>>
Once you get back to your room, you pack up your things. A fast process, because you never really unpacked to begin with.

Then you take a minute to wash yourself off, check all your equipment, get dressed, throw on your cloak, and head out.

You figure you'll head down to the main entrance, since that's where everyone is supposed to meet. Along the way you run into Madelaine.

"Heya" She says.
"You look like you're feeling better" You say.
"Yep" She replies. "Feeling better, and I've learned my lesson about drinking... hopefully"

"Hopefully?" You ask.
"Meyu says it's a lesson that takes a few tries to learn... I hope he's wrong" She says.

You nod. "So what's the plan?" You ask.
"It's a straight shot to Contique, but we won't have the daylight left to reach Sherton before sundown" She says. "We were pretty lucky on the road to Bell's Run at night, but Meyu doesn't like the odds"

"Odds?" You ask.
"Monsters" She says. "So we'll be staying the night in Contique, then we'll go straight through Sherton and swing north to a town called Dofton, spend the night there, and then hit the Tower by midday the next day"

"Sounds like a solid plan" You say.
"Oh, and we sent a message to Locke as well, so if anyone from there wants to join us, they'll be meeting us in Dofton" She says.

You reach the entrance with Madelaine, and look around. Derrick's not here yet, but Altea and her knights are, as well as Stoencht and Emi...

>Go see Emi

>Talk to Stoencht

>Talk to Altea

>Other
>>
>>1816306
>Go see Emi
>>
>>1816306
>>Talk to Altea
>>
>>1816306
>>Talk to Altea
>>
>writing
>>
You walk over to Altea, who smiles as you approach.

"I saw Derrick" She says.
"Where is he?" You ask.
"With his sister, saying goodbye" She says. "Flametongue suits him. He's always had a great deal of fire within him, perhaps now he can finally let some of it out"

"It's a nice sword" You say.
"There was a time when I wanted to wield that blade more than anything in the world" She says.
"And?" You ask.
"That time passed" She says. "I'm a commander now. I'll leave the heroic things like fighting monstrous demons and wielding burning swords to you two"
"I can handle that" You say.

"Take care of yourself out there" She says, as she puts a hand on your shoulder. "You can hold your own in a fight, but the Tower... it doesn't sound like a fight"

Pip pops her head around Altea's wing. "And bring me back a souvenir!" She says.

Altea glares at her.

"You guys were havin' a moment there, weren't you?" Pip asks. "Dang it..."
"Nevermind that now" Altea says. "There is still much for us to do. When you're finished up north, be sure to write"
"I will" You say.

Altea kisses your forehead, says farewell to the others, and walks off.

Pip gives you a loose salute as she follows her. "Maybe one of those green bricks on the outside" She whispers as she passes.
"I'll try" You reply.

Pip smiles and winks, before hopping after her commander with Marybell in tow.

Looks like everyone but Derrick is here. So while you're waiting for him, you'll-

>Talk to Emi

>Talk to Stoencht

>Talk to Meyu

>Other
>>
>>1816366
>>Talk to Emi
It must have taken a lot of alcohol to put her down like that.
>>
>>1816366
>>Talk to Emi
>>
>>1816366
>>Talk to Emi
>>
>writing
>>
"How are you feeling?" You ask Emi.

Emi turns to face you very slowly, looking very tired.

"That answers my question..." You say. "You know I came to check on you this morning"
"Marybell told me" She says. "Sorry about that..."
"No harm done" You say. "What was with the pillow?"

"It's a warmth pillow" She says. "Got a bunch of little devices in it to warm it up. She gave it to me as a present"
"Nice" You say. "Does it work outside of a city?"
"The devices are small enough to run off a cart's engine for a night" She says. "Hopefully I won't need it, but it'll be good to have"

"And you were... talking in your sleep" You say. "In another language"
"Esuvali" She says. "Southern tongue"

"I won't have to learn another language if I visit your homeland, will I?" You ask.
"You're a foreign prince, they'll likely have a translator for you" She says.
"Good... I have trouble with Lubrian language sometimes, I don't even wanna think about learning a second one" You say.

Emi giggles. "It's not that hard to learn" She says. "Not as easy as old Antolian or Noric would be, but still not hard... and if you want, I could always teach you"

"If we get a chance, sure" You say. "Maybe teach me some of the basic stuff: How to say hello, how to ask for food-"

"How to curse" Madelaine adds.
"Madelaine" Emi says in a scolding tone.
"What? That's the best part of learning a new language" Madelaine says.

>Explain further

>Ask what's taking Derrick so long

>Ask Emi what she learned first in Lubrian

>Other
>>
>>1816425
>>
>>1816425
>>Explain further
>>
>writing
>>
"What was the first thing you learned in Lubrian?" You ask.

Emi's face goes bright red, and she looks away. "Th-the curse words..." She mumbles.

You and Madelaine both crack up, and Emi huffs.

"It's not funny!" She says.
"Oh, come on!" Madelaine says. "So, what are the good curses in Esuvali?"

Emi puffs out her cheeks.

"Well..." Meyu says. "There's Agtfelo"

Emi whips her head around to Meyu. "H-how do you know that?" She asks.

Meyu puts a hand on Emi's shoulder. "Miss, I'm old. I've been to the isles, and you'll never guess what the first words I learned were" He says.

"The curses?" You ask.
"The curses" He replies. "Agtfelo means 'layer of donkeys'"
You tilt your head. "Slayer of donkeys?" You ask.
"No, layer of donkeys" Meyu says. "As in, someone who has sex with donkeys. Agt is the word for donkey, and Felo is the verb for having sex with something... I'd say about half the Esuvali curse words end in Felo"

You hear someone at the other end of the entryway clearing their throat, and you turn to see Derrick. "Did I... come at a bad time?" He asks.

>Yes

>You're just in time!

>You're here, let's go!

>Other
>>
>>1816491
>>You're just in time!
>>
>>1816491
>You're just in time!
>>
>>1816491
>>You're just in time!
>>
>>1816491
>You're just in time!
>>
>writing
>>
"You're just in time! Meyu's teaching us how to swear in Esuvali" You say.

Derrick squeezes his eyes shut. "Do I want to know how you guys got to that subject?" He asks.
"Not really..." Emi says.

Derrick takes a breath. "Looks like everyone's here" He says. "Shall we go?"
"Aww..." You say.

"You can learn more curse words later" Meyu says. "Now it's time we ride. Tower's not goin' anywhere, but I ain't gettin' any younger"

>Anything before you leave?
>>
>>1816530
Nope
>>
>>1816530
>Nope
>>
>writing
>>
"Let's hit the road" You say. "It's a long way to the tower, and I'm not very patient"
"You heard the man, to the carts!" Meyu says.

You all make your way out. Stoencht stops you at the door.

"I'm... coming too, right?" He asks.
"Of course" You say. "Derrick!"

Derrick stops walking and turns.

"This is Stoencht, the scholar I mentioned" You say.
"Nice to meet you" Derrick says.
"Likewi- oh my god!" Stoencht says, as he bends down to looks at Derrick's sword. "Is that Flametongue?"

"Yes" Derrick says.
Stoencht stutters for a moment. "Well then you must be-"
"A prince. Yuu and I both" He says.

"My goodness... had I known I'd be in such regal company I'd've dressed for it" Stoencht says.
"Not a problem" Derrick says. "You'll ride with us. Has Yuu told you everything?"

"Not quite" You say.
"Then Emi can fill you in on the rest" Derrick says. "We look forward to working with you"
"As do I" Stoencht replies. "I'll uhh... see you at the carts"

Stoencht walks off, and you continue on with Derrick.

"So, what'll it be. You gonna stick with us, or go on ahead?" Derrick asks. "I know you wanted to go visit Miss Namaki again... with the Rook you could probably be in Sherton before nightfall, spend the next night in Otuna or Locke, and meet us all at the tower"

>Go visit Namaki

>Go visit Locke

>Stick with the group

>Other
>>
>>1816590
>>Go visit Namaki
>>
>>1816590
>>Go visit Namaki
>>
>writing
>>
>>1816590
>>Go visit Namaki
>>
"I'll ride ahead" You say. "Get to Otuna, visit the old fox. I could use some of her advice right now"

"Good luck" Derrick says. "You'll need to ride fast to hit Sherton tonight, but the rest should be fairly easy"
"Good luck to you too" You reply. "I'll see you at the tower"

You bump fists with him, and head off to the carts.

After giving everyone else a short 'see you soon', you mount up and head off. The streets of Leon are still slow going, but toward the outer wall it begins to open up.

Finally you reach the Dragon's gate, and the bridge connecting the city to the mainland. The bridge is noticeably empty, and beyond you can see nothing but clear roads for miles...

You smirk.

"Ready to go Coral?" You ask.

Coral rustles around in your pocket, poking her head out with a smile.

"Let's go"

>Nothing really interesting happens between here and Otuna. Want me to skip ahead?
>>
>>1816647
>Yuu starts doing drifts along the way
>>
>>1816647
Yes pleass
>>
>>1816647
>Yes.
>>
>writing
>>
The trip passes quickly enough. You stop for a minute just after Contique to talk to Lulu and Rhea, who are at the head of the column of troops heading back to Locke, then it's smooth riding all the way to Sherton.

There, you spend the night at the same inn you usually sleep at, give the Rook a quick tune-up in the morning, and make a straight shot down to Otuna.

Your only stop along the way there is to dip your feet in a river. Looking at your map, you see that it's called Raider's River... interesting name. You'll have to ask someone why it's called that.

When your feet are dry, you stick your boots back on and continue the rest of the way to Otuna.

After all the high walls and thick gates of Sherton, Contique, and Leon, the simple fence that surrounds Otuna is a welcome change.

You decide to park the Rook at said fence and make your way in on foot, heading towards the hil at the center of town.

A few people wave hello to you as you pass, and you wave back. You don't think you've seen people do that before. Must be a small town thing...

Your pleasant walk through town ends at the stairway up the hill...

"Why is it always stairs?" You ask, as you make your way up.

>1/2
>>
GUYS WE FORGOT TO LEARN SHEILD SPELLS FROM PIP.

Or maybe my memory is just bad.
>>
>>1816703
ah crap
>>
>>1816703
Damn
>>
At the top of the stairs you stop to take a breath and compose yourself before heading towards the front entrance.

You see Namaki sitting in a chair on her front porch, with a cup of tea in hand. There's a table and another cup of tea next to her...

"You were expecting me" You say.
"I was" She says. "I understand you have a letter for me"

"I did... but Coral slept in so I decided just to see you in person" You say.

Namaki smiles. "Please, sit" She says. "Tea's still hot. I was planning on pouring it as you came in, but you took longer to get up the stairs than I thought"

"I decided to take my time... it's a lot of stairs" You say.
"I know" She says. "How are you?"

"Not sure" You say. "I thought winning the war would bring some kind of peace, but-"
"But there is another war" She says.
"There is" You say.

"There was never going to be peace after you ended things in Leon" She says. "It was one threat of many"

You nod.

"Sit. Drink. Relax" She says.

You do as she says, sitting down and sipping the cup of tea she made for you. It's good tea.

>Ask her for advice

>Ask how things have been here

>Is Miranda already gone?

>Other
>>
>>1816720

>Ask her for advice
>>
>>1816720
>>
>>1816720
>>Ask how things have been here
>Other, "What's the deal with raider's river?"
Maybe it comes from Oakland...
>>
>>1816720
>>Ask her for advice
>>Tell her we are going to investigate the tower.
>>
>>1816720

>>1816727
Oshi a wild Cleric
>>
>writing
>>
"How have things been here?" You ask. "Has Miranda left yet?"
"They are packing, currently" She says. "Lots of opportunies for work in Leon right now, with Automatons down. Her husband means to capitalize"

You frown.

"I don't blame you" She says. "Miranda was always going to leave. Otuna is much too small for a girl like her... other than that, the city has been mostly quiet"
"Mostly?" You ask.
"We got some murmurs of a siege on Contique, but it seems that's not where the real story lay" She says.

"For a while, yeah. But then the Servants of Eternal contacted me" You say. "They brought the barrier down so we could slip in"
"Nice of them" She says. "But, you didn't come to talk of your exploits..."

"No... I came because I could use some advice" You say. "The Legion is coming, and I want to be ready for them, but... well..."

"How to prepare?" She asks. "Tell me, when your eyes glow, what do you see?"

You take a breath. "The outcome" You say.
"And you skip everything in between. No longer performing an action, but achieving the result" She says. "You must look at this the same way"

You tilt your head.

"Which Yuu do you want to become?" She asks. "In the months to come, the first knight can make you the strongest Yuu. A skilled warrior, and a force to be reckoned with"
"That sounds good..." You say.

"But the hunters can make you the cleverest Yuu" She says. "The mind is a Hunter's true weapon. Speed and strength are the realms of monsters, to fight them with those is to fight on their terms. And to fight on their terms is to lose. The Hunters will teach you to name your terms in every fight, so the advantage will always be yours"

"So those are my choices?" You ask.

"Not quite..." She says. "The scholars at the Archive have longed for someone like you. They would hone not your body or mind, but your soul. That would be the most powerful Yuu. One wielding spells of chaos the likes of which have never been seen on this earth"

"So... strong, clever, or powerful" You say. "Tough choice"

Namaki picks up her cup and stands. "When the choice comes, you will be ready to make it" She says. "Just know that whatever you choose, you will come out better than you are now"

"Will it be enough?" You ask.
"That is the big question, isn't it?" She says. "Come, we'll talk more inside. It's far too windy out here"
>>
That's all for tonight!

Next thread should be tomorrow night

As always I'll be sticking around for question/suggestion time
>>
>>1816780
thanks smiley
>>
>>1816775
so Tank Yuu, Rogue Yuu, or WIZARD Yuu. thats a hard choice
>>
>>1816775
>>1816790
I think one thing to ask ourselves is whether we can't compensate for some of these better than the others. We are the only one we can count on to use chaos, but we can cultivate clever and strong allies.
>>
>>1816799
I say we go wizard. We'll learn more about chaos and how to use it, potentially more about ourselves, and control over chaos will directly translate into a more powerful mage blade. It will also give us a repatoir of techniques we can always fall back to, even if we're disarmed, not to mention allowing us to deal with combat in more way than one.
And we're one of the three (known) chaos users in the world; that's a big advantage that shouldn't be left to waste. And it'll help us learn how to fight Terry.
>>
>>1816775
I don't see why clever and powerful have to be separate. To dictate the terms to to be the strongest. We should learn from both the Hunters and the scholars. Send Derrick to the first knight, as he is already entrenched in that path.
>>
>Choosing Frederick will make Yuu a warrior/knight, who overpowers their opponents through weapon technique and physical prowess.
>Choosing the Hunters will make Yuu more of a rogue, who overpowers opponents through wits, traps, gadgets, maybe even words and mindgames.
>Choosing the scholars will make Yuu a one-of-a-kind mage, who overpowers opponents through chaos spells and magical prowess.
That's the way I interpret it: I personally agree with >>1817302 Yuu is one of the few chaotics around, so developing his soul would allow him to best use what makes him unique. More chaos spells means more options against the Legion's mana-sucking weapons. There's also the surprise factor of having only chaos spells, but it will only last until Yuu gets really popular as a mage.
>>
>>1816780
Thanks smiley!
>>
Yeah, wizard route seems the best option for no other reason than to push a niche we have that others don't.
>>
Well, if we're going to be a wizard, no pussy for Yuu.
>>
>>1818516
looks at prank rabbit, yeah if we go for stelia that ain't fucking happening, poor yu is gonna need hip replacement surgery.
>>
>>1818516
Bruh we got that "aesthetic" look that makes the girls cream themselves, besides magic in this isn't just all "i cast fireball" gotta keep on your toes and be active to move around the fight and keep mobile. Gotta work the body and mind and nothing makes the girl wet better than a strong and smart badass. t.virgin
>>
"How did you like the capital?" She asks.
"It was very... clean" You say.

"So I've heard... but that was not what I asked" She says. "I asked how you liked it"
"I didn't... maybe it was just my experience there" You say. "Too grand. Too many things that just toppled down when we crippled the generator"

"In some ways Otuna is the same. For Leon it's the generator, here..."
"It's you" You say. "I don't know which of you would be harder to face, you or those automatons..."

"You got by them alright" She says.
"Because Pip was there, and we took the first one out with one of Gretchen's lances..." You say.

Namaki gives you a knowing smile. "Now I get it" She says.
"Get what?" You ask.
"Why you came" She says.
"I wanted to ask-"

"What you should do, yes. But there's an underlying reason you're not acknowledging" She says. "You've been struck by your limitations too often for your liking"

Namaki lets that hang in the air for a moment, as she gets up and walks over to a drawer.

"I guess..." You say. "Sometimes my eyes get me through, sometimes..."
"I'd prefer it if you didn't rely on your eyes for the time being" She says.
"Why?" You ask.
"Because they are unreliable" She says with a smirk.

>I guess...

>How so?

>But they always work...

>Other
>>
>>1825024
>>How so?

>>But they always work...
>>
>>1825024
>>How so?
>>
>>1825024
>Okay..... But then how am I supposed to see?
>>
>>1825024
>I guess...
>They don't always activate you mean?
>>
>writing
>>
"How so?" You ask.
"If you were to be attacked right now by a foe you had no hope of defeating, could you count on your eyes to see you through?" She asks.
"Not always..." You say.

"Then they are unreliable" She says.
"I get it... they don't do the 'outcome' thing all the time..." You say.
"They do not" She says. "And if you go into everything hoping that they will..."

"It's a good way to get myself killed" You say.

Namaki smiles and ruffles your hair. "Now that that business is settled, what say we get some lunch?" She asks.
"Lunch sounds good" You say.

She takes a moment to fix your hair, and then heads off to the kitchen, motioning for you to follow.

>1/2
>>
"So you hope to become stronger" She says, as you go about grabbing the stuff needed to make lunch.

"I do... I've come a long way since the cave, but there's still a long way to go" You say.
"Indeed you do" She says. "I suppose there's another option I failed to mention..."

"What is it?" You ask.
"The Dancer" She says.
"Tian?" You ask.

"Not as much potential in that route, but there are things to be gained" She says.

You hand Namaki a bunch of stuff, and she gets to work cutting it all up. "She was thinking of moving her show to Leon" You say. "Assuming I'll be getting at least some off-hours, I'm sure she'd be willing to teach me a few things... maybe I could even introduce her to Ava"

Namaki turns to you with a curious look. "Who's Ava?" She asks.
"Someone from the army. Altea made her my apprentice after her old partner complained" You say.

She raises an eyebrow. "Did you leave your apprentice behind?" She asks.
"Nah, she's with Derrick and the others... I think" You say.

"You sound so confident" She says.
"I'll admit to not being great at this whole 'having a subordinate' thing..." You say. "Some days I think the only reason I can keep track of Coral is because she lives in my clothing"

At the mention of her name, Coral pops her head out and smiles.

>Maybe I should ask about Ava...

>Ask if Namaki has ever had someone like that

>Ask what she's making

>Other
>>
>>1825164
>>Maybe I should ask about Ava...
>>Ask if Namaki has ever had someone like that
>>
>>1825164

>Ask if Namaki has ever had someone like that
>>
>>1825164
>Ask what she's making
>>
>writing
>>
"Maybe I should ask about Ava..." You say. "Give me a minute"

You walk out, grabbing a pen from your pocket and a paper from the table. Then you scribble a quick note to Derrick about Ava, and give it to Coral. The little sprite salutes and flies off, and you head back in.

"Must be handy having a sprite that lives in your clothes" Namaki says.
"I don't make her work that often" You say. "Like when I wanted to send the letter to you... but I'm not really sure what her range is, so I didn't feel comfortable sending that from Leon"

"Range...?" She asks.
"I'm the only person who can feed Coral energy, which means that she can only go about half the distance of a normal sprite" You say.
"Ahh... I hadn't thought of that" She says.

"At some point I'll have to find some way to make it so others can feed her, but for now I'm fine just keeping her close" You say.
"Where is she headed?" Namaki asks.

"Sherton, or close to it" You say. "That's where they should be by now, if they got out of Contique on time"

She nods, before directing you to a few more things she needs.

"Have you ever had anyone like that?" You ask, as you grab what she asked for. "An apprentice, I mean?"
"Not as of yet" She replies. "But eventually I must train my replacement, so give it a few years"

>Looking forward to that?

>Ask if she's ever tried to teach someone else her magic

>What happens if your replacement doesn't get all 9 tails?

>Other
>>
>>1825238

>>
>>1825238

>>
>>1825238
>Ask if she's ever tried to teach someone else her magic
>I would like to learn what I could from you if there's anything.
>>
>writing
>>
>>1825238

>>
"Looking forward to that?" You ask.
"Yes and no" She says. "I've been around for a long time... when the girl comes to me to begin learning, well... it took me about 20 years to finish my own training..."

"I see. You've never really had to worry about it before" You say.
"It's comforting to know that I'll get the chance to make sure the girl is prepared, but at the same time..."
"Once she's prepared..."

"Exactly" She says with a sigh and a sad smile...

"Would you like a hug?" You ask.
She shrugs. "It couldn't hurt"

You step forward and wrap the old Kitsune in a tight hug, staying that way for a while, until something on the stove starts to bubble...

"I suppose that did help a little..." She says, as she pulls away.
"You'd be surprised at how many problems a good hug can solve" You say.

"Not all of them, unfortunately" She says, as she tends to the pot on the stove.
"If only..." You say.

>1/2
>>
While Namaki cooks, you tell her about some of the fun times you had in Locke with the little kids.

"-so I wound up having to share my cake with her..." You say.
"You couldn't have just told her to wait her turn?" She asks.
"Munchkin cries when you say no to her" You say. "I didn't wanna have to deal with that..."

Namaki breaks out laughing.

"What?" You ask.

"Such a mighty warrior, brought low by the tears of an infant" She says, as she wipes a tear from her eye
"You only say that because you've never met her" You say.

"My dear, I've had children. I know how to say no to one" She says.
"Not this one" You say. "She's got these big eyes, and floppy ears..."

"Yes, I'm sure she's cute" She says. "But the basilisk tears don't work on me"

>Maybe I'll bring her to visit...

>Ask what her kids were like

>Basilisk tears?

>Other
>>
>>1825379

>Basilisk tears?
>>
>>1825379

>Basilisk tears?
>>
>>1825379

>>
>>1825379
>Basilisk tears?
>>
>writing
>>
You take a moment to consider younext words, wondering if you actually want to ask this question...

"You know I can tell exactly what you want to ask, right?" She asks.

"What basilisk tears are?" You ask.
"That's not it, but I'll indulge" She says. "Basilisks are highly toxic beasts that shoot poison from their eyes"

You reel back in shock. "Like..." You point outward from your eyes.

Namaki nods. "A basilisk's gaze turns all to stone" She says, as though quoting something. "Because of this their eyes 'leak', making it look like they're always crying"
"Oh..." You say. "Freaky"

"Now, onto your actual question" She says.
"Right... what were your kids like?" You ask.

"There it is" She says. "Was that so hard?"
"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to..." You say.

She chuckles. "My dear, I have had over 200 years to get over their loss" She says, as she stirs the pot and sips some liquid from the spoon. "But this is done, so we'll talk about it while we eat. Sound good?"

"Yeah" You say.
"Good. Put those mitts on and take this into the other room..."

>1/2
>>
When you're both settled in with a bowl of soup, Namaki takes a moment to collect herself.

"I had 7..." She says. "3 girls, 4 boys"
"So many?" You ask.

She laughs. "Not uncommon back then, especially with the plague going around..." She says.
"What plague?" You ask.
"It's had a few names over the years, but now people just call it the plague" She says. "A sickness that tore through the continent, and left few survivors. Some people say that the population is still recovering"

"So you had so many... in case..."
"In case the plague took some, yes" She says. "And it did... of those 7, only 2 lasted past their teenage years"

"Oh..." You say. "Healers couldn't fix it?"
"Healers restore vitality and mend wounds. Against a sickness there's only so much they can do" She says. "And even then, there are few healers even now with the skill to mend the body without empowering the sickness itself"

She takes a moment to eat some of her soup before continuing. "Of the 7, we named them Gregory, Samuel, Theo, Dustin, Marina, and 2 of the girls were named Lylah" She says. "Lylah was both the first and the last"

"I guess you like the name?" You ask.
"I do" She says. "The second Lylah, and Gregory were the two survivors. Lylah was born after the plague passed through Otuna, and Gregory survived it"

"How?" You ask.
She smiles. "Because he was a tough son of a bitch" She says. "He came out with scars and a slur in his speech, but he came out"

>Does that make you the bitch?

>That must have been hard...

>Which one is Miranda's ancestor?

>Other
>>
>>1825488
>>That must have been hard...
>>Which one is Miranda's ancestor?
>>
>>1825488

>>
>>1825488
>I wonder if a chaotic could do better with a sickness if they tried.
>>
>>1825488

>>
>>1825488

>Does that make you the bitch?

>>
>writing
>>
"That must have been hard" You say.

She glances to the side. "It was 300 years ago" She says, as she leans back with a smile. "Gods they were precious, though... at the time I would've given anything to..."

"Nevermind, it's in the past" She says.
"So which one is Miranda's ancestor?" You ask.
"Lylah" She says. "Gregory left to join the army and found himself a lovely young centaur. Lylah stayed here in Otuna to raise her family"

"Hmm... what if your replacement comes from Gregory's line?" You ask. "Is there such a thing as a nine-tailed centaur?"

Namaki laughs. "No, I don't believe there is" She says. "Centaurs have their own variants, though. Like the unicorn"

"What's that?" You ask.
"Like a normal centaur, but white, and with a single horn" She says.
"Sounds neat" You say.
"Must be... though I've never seen one myself" She says. "I've heard they're quite beautiful"

>Any idea where I'd find one?

>I've yet to meet a girl who isn't

>Any idea where Gregory's ancestors are?

>Other
>>
>>1825572
>But you still have the most beautiful fluffy tails.
>>
>>1825572

>>I've yet to meet a girl who isn't

>But you still have the most beautiful fluffy tails.

>>Any idea where Gregory's ancestors are?
>>
>>1825572
>I've yet to meet a girl who isn't

>Any idea where Gregory's ancestors are?
>>
>>1825607
this works
>>
>writing
>>
"I've yet to meet a girl who isn't" You say, "Though you easily have the most beautiful tails"
"You've got an eye for the-" She stops, and her cheeks turn red. She smiles at you, and rests her head on her hand. "We talked about flattery, didn't we?"

"I believe you said 'flattery will get me nowhere, but feel free to keep it up', right?" You ask.
"Glad you took that to heart" She says.

"Anything for a pretty lady" You say with a smile.
Namaki chuckles. "Alright, you. That's enough of that" She says.

"Fiiine" You say. "I'm out of witty things to say anyway. Come back to me in about an hour"
She smiles. "Maybe I will" She says. "If there's one thing any woman likes, it's being told how good looking she is"

"Ah yes, lesson 3" You say. "Always recognize cuteness"
"Your bunny friend teach you that?" She asks.
"She did" You say.
"Good teacher, that one" She says.

You take a few more spoonfuls of soup, as you sort out your next question. "Any idea where Gregory's descendants might be?" You ask.
"Not a clue" She says. "I've had a hard enough time keeping track of the ones that stayed in Otuna. I think that's a door I'd rather not open"

"Why not?" You ask.
She raises an eyebrow. "Say I do discover who my descendants are... what then do I do with that information?" She asks. "Do I invite them for dinner? 'how's it going? I'm your great-great-great-great- etc. Grandmother?"

>Yes

>You've never been curious?

>Maybe not...

>Other
>>
>>1825669
>>Yes
>>You've never been curious?
>>
>>1825669
>>Yes
>>You've never been curious?
>>
>>1825669
>Yeah, they'd never believe it.
>Though it'd be neat if one was a unicorn.
>>
>>1825669
>Yes

>You've never been curious?
>>
>>1825669

>Yes...

>Maybe not
>>
>>1825669
>Yes
>>
>writing
>>
You think for a moment. "Yes" You say with a smile.

"You really think they'd go for that?" She asks.
"Come on, how many people get to meet their great ancestor?" You ask. "Haven't you ever been curious?"

She purses her lips. "Oh... fine" She says. "I'll send a message to the Sherton registry, that's where he settled down. Ask what they know of him and his descendants"

You smile.

"And if it comes up with nothing, that'll be the end of it" She says. "I'm not going to hunt these people down..."
"That's fair" You say. "What if one of them was a unicorn?"
"Doubtful, but it would be interesting" She says.

"And it would be easy to say where she got her good looks from" You say.
"Well it'd probably be-..." She stops as she realizes what you meant, once more giving you an amused grin. "Didn't I tell you to stop that?"
"Your heart wasn't in it" You say.

Namaki rolls her eyes. "So, anything else interesting happen in Leon?"

>I got to meet the king

>Nobles are weird

>My cousin is nice

>Other
>>
>>1825735
>>I got to meet the king
>>
>>1825735
>We picked up a researcher on pure demons. He almost made a bad mistake trying to make a mana and soul void.
>>
>>1825735
>I got to meet the king
but more important than that,
>>Other, South Antolian Food
>>
>>1825735
>My cousin is nice
>>
>writing
>>
"I got to meet the king" You say. "He's a very sad person, but he seems nice enough"
"Yes, I imagine that sorrow weighs heavily over someone who has lost so much..." She says.

"Oh! I met a scholar too, the one that Fran and Kieve told me about" You say. "I managed to stop him from accidentally opening a hole into the Black God's realm"
"How so?" She asks.

"He had the same set up that the Grand Inquisitor had" You say. "Apparently he was trying to create... nothing?"

"A noble pursuit, to be sure" She says.
"Anyways, his original work was about Pure Demons, and with any luck I'll be able to help with his research so he can help me learn more about what I am"

"So why come down here instead of staying with them?" She asks. "Surely there was much to be learned, even on the road"

>I needed advice

>He doesn't have fluffy tails

>Thought you might get lonely

>Other
>>
>>1825793
>>I needed advice

>>He doesn't have fluffy tails
Seduce the Namaki
>>
>>1825793
>I needed advice from you. Researchers don't know that much about the howling tower.
>Thought you might get lonely.
>Brushing your tails is soothing.
>>
>>1825793
>>He doesn't have fluffy tails
>>Thought you might get lonely
discard rabbit, acquire kitsune milf
>>
>>1825793
>I needed advice

>He doesn't have fluffy tails
>>
>writing
>>
>>1825807
no, i'll never discard the rabbit you heartless son of a female dog
>>
"I needed the advice" You say. "Plus he doesn't have any tails, nevermind fluffy ones"

"That makes sense to me, though there isn't all that much you can gain here" She says.
"Nonsense. You've got 300 years of experience over me" You say.
"Most of that has been spent relaxing here in Otuna" She says.

"I've been alive for a couple weeks" You say.
"Ah yes... I forget that sometimes" She says. "Mind you, most people your actual age can't walk or talk, nevermind ask for advice"

"Maybe they can, but they only speak baby" You say.
"Baby is not a language" She says.
"It is to a baby" You say with a smile.

"Is there another subject that we can dicuss?" She asks.
"Absolutely"

>Ask if she can teach you how to make a shield

>Ask if she reads romance novels

>Ask if you can brush her tails

>Other
>>
>>1825856
>>Ask if she reads romance novels

>>Ask if you can brush her tails
>>
>>1825856
>>Ask if she can teach you how to make a shield
i just want to get this so yuu doesn't have to keep getting stabbed as often
>>
>>1825856
>Ask if you can brush her tails.
>Ask if she can help teach you to deal with mental threats like the Howling Tower might have.
>>
>>1825856
>>Ask if she can teach you how to make a shield
>>
>>1825856
>>Ask if she reads romance novels
>>Ask if you can brush her tails
>>
>>1825856
>Ask if she can teach you how to make a shield
>Ask if she reads romance novels
>>
>writing
>>
"Could you show me how to make a shield with magic?" You ask. "I meant to get Pip to show me back in Leon, and then I forgot... but you use the same kind of shield"

"I certainly could" She says. "Why the sudden interest in defensive spells?"
"Pip's light screen saved our butts a few times in Leon" You say. "If I could do that myself, I think I could save my own butt a few more times"

"Alright then..." She says, as she looks up at the timekeeper. "Plenty of time. Wait for me in the back, I'll be right with you"

You nod and head out to the back, where you find yourself a chair and sit down while you wait.

You can see why Namaki likes this place. There is a certain tranquility to it. The only sound you hear is the wind through the trees, which occasionally picks up some steam from the hot spring and carries it off.

After a few minutes, Namaki emerges. She's dressed differently... not the casual, comfortable robe you're used to seeing her in. What she's wearing now looks more rugged, like you mght wear it if you wante to go out adventuring...

"What's with the outfit?" You ask.
"I figured this may get a liiiiittle messy, so I threw on my old clothes from my adventuring days" She says, as she smooths the fabric over her stomach and stretches around.

"It looks good" You say.
"It certainly does" She says. "I'm surprised that it was all still in one piece..."

"When's the last time you wore it?" You ask.
"Three centuries, give or take a few decades?" She says. "It's kept remarkably well"
"No kidding... I've ruined shirts that were only a few days old..." You say.
"You're not as careful as I was" She says. "Shall we get started?"

>Roll 1d100
>>
Rolled 13 (1d100)

>>1825897
>>
Rolled 77 (1d100)

>>1825897
>>
Rolled 39 (1d100)

>>1825897
>>
Rolled 28 (1d100)

>>1825897
>>
Rolled 77 (1d100)

>>1825897
>>
>writing
>>
"Now, managing a larger screen is a task you never start with. Most times, you don't need a 6 by 6 wall to block something-" She says, as s circle of light forms in front of her hand. "Sometimes all you need is a little barrier"

The circle floats away from her hand, positioning itself in front of her.

"In fact, you can do quite a lot with a little thing like this" She says. "Try and hit me with a spell"

You shrug and do as she says, firing off a quick set of bolts from both of your hands. Namaki's little light shield flicks about as each bolt approaches, blocking them all in turn.

"Now, shaping energy is your thing, is it not?" She asks. "Try and mimic my shield"

You nod, focusing energy into your hand and shaping it into a circle.

"Good!" She says. "Can you move it around?"
"I can try..." You say. The circle floats away from your hand, and you try to get it into a centered position.

But before you can get a feel for it, Namaki launches something your way...

>Roll 1d100
>>
Rolled 60 (1d100)

>>1825948
>>
i would roll but i tend to roll terribly, so i ain't gonna risk it
>>
Rolled 52 (1d100)

>>1825948
Check out this nat 100
>>
Rolled 98 (1d100)

>>1825948
>>
Rolled 67 (1d100)

>>1825948
>>
>writing
>>
>>1825965
This won extra brushing right?
>>
Without even using your hands, you bring the shield up to block her spell by focus alone.

"Very good" She says.
"A little warning would have been nice" You reply.

"You seem like the type who learns quickly under pressure" She says.

You puff out your cheeks.

"Aww, don't be like that" She says. "Fine, you get some warning this time..."

She fires off some more shots, and you manage to block them all. As soon as you fall into a rhythm, she sends off two at once. You think about blocking them, but instead you make a second shield and add it to the first.

Namaki looks impressed, and begins sending all of her shots in groups of two now. Then she adds a third and a fourth, forcing you to do the same.

It's easy for your to keep track of all the different shots, even the ones she arcs behind you. You're comfortably managing five of the little shields when you finally hit your limit and one of them breaks, letting a projectile pass through it and hit you right in the forehead.

You fall over on your back, breathing heavily despite not noticing you were stressing yourself...

"Oh, I'm sorry!" She says, as she rushes over. "I got a little carried away there... are you hurt?"
You reach up and touch your forehead. It hurts a bit, and you're sweating. "I'll be fine. Just a bruise" You say.

She leans down beside you, lending you a hand to help you get up. Once you're standing she brushes your hair out of the way to get a look at your forehead.

"We might want to put some ice on that..." She says.

>It's fine

>Alright

>Ask how you did

>Other
>>
>>1826003
>It's fine
>Ask how you did
>>
>>1826003
>>Alright
>>
>>1826003
>>Ask how you did
>>
>>1826003
>>Alright
>>Ask how you did
>>
>writing
>>
"How'd I do?" You ask.
"Very well. I almost believed you weren't a beginner there..." She says.

"Untilthe shield broke and I took a hit to the face?" You ask.
"Right up until that point" She says with a smile. "So ice or no ice?"
"Yes ice" You say.

She plants a kiss on your forehead, and then steps away. "You remember which room you stayed in last time?" She asks.
"Yeah" You reply.

"There should be a pair of bathing shorts in one of the drawers" She says. "Put those on and hop in the spring, I'll join you shortly"

You nod, and you both head back inside.

"Now... where was my icemaker again..." Namaki says as she heads to the kitchen.
>>
That's all for tonight!

Next thread will be tomorrow evening.

>>
File: 2dd.jpg (14KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
2dd.jpg
14KB, 300x300px
It's hard to resist lewding the fox
>>
>>1826055
Resist? I think the resistance failed tonight.
>>
>>1826055
why resist?
>>
>>1826055
She's honestly best girl which is why she won't win.
>>
>>1826149
well don't forget she is fated to pass away soon, and depending on how far this quest goes she might not be alive by the end of it
>>
>>1826195
Soon being 80 years
>>
>>1826195
>>1826262
She won't pass away until her replacement (who hasn't even been conceived yet) grows her 9th tail, so she has around 30-35 years left.
>>
>>1827673
>30-35 years left.
Just enough to see her and Yuu's grandkids.
>>
>>1827673
That's more than enough time to give her another family. If she can have children at her age, that is.
>>
You slide back, stretching out your ams as you settle into Namaki's spring. The warm water instantly relaxes you, and you tilt your head back and shut your eyes.

There's something calming about this spring that makes it that much easier to unwind than if you were in a simple tub. You're laying back for what feels like a while, when suddenly something cold comes to rest on your forehead.

You gasp and flinch, losing your footing in the spring and accidentally dunking your head in. When you resurface, you see Namaki dressed in a plain white bathing robe, holding bundled up towel.

"Sorry, dear. Couldn't resist" She says.

You walk back to the edge of the spring and she hands you the towel. It isn't just bundled up, it's wrapped around something cold...

"For your forehead" She says, as she slips in next to you.

You continue to stare at her with an accusatory glare, for which you recieve an innocent smile.

"Best use that quickly, or the steam will melt it" She says, closing her eyes as she settles in.

A thought occurs to you...

>Exact revenge

>Settle down

>Other
>>
>>1827947
>Settle down
>>
>>1827947
>>Settle down
>>
>>1827947
>Exact revenge
>>
>writing
>>
>>1827725
>>1827726
It occurs to me to wonder, but putting aside unusual ones like nine tails and unicorns, do you see variations in how long females live as a general rule depending on what kind of animal they are or how the young are born or develop? Are males all the same regardless of parentage?
>>
>>1828024
Not huge variations in age, but some kinds do enjoy fairly long lives, turtles for instance. Males are mostly the same, but as has been mentioned before they can sometimes take traits from their mothers: Merfolk men can breathe underwater, Dragon men gain fire breath, sons of centaurs tend to be fairly hardy, at least in comparison to the son of a Felid, etc.
>>
You swallow your anger and settle in next to Namaki, gently placing the cold towel on your forehead. It hurts a bit, but if Namaki says it'll help, then you can handle it.

"And here I was expecting revenge" She says.
"I figured" You say. "Which is why I'm saving it for when you don't expect it"

She smiles and opens one eye. "Keeping me on my toes, hmm?" She asks. "I'll have to keep my eyes on you..."

"I can be surprisingly sneaky" You say.
"Then I shall have to watch carefully, won't I?"

You both start laughing.

"Is your forehead feeling any better?" She asks.
"A little" You say. "I'm still gonna get Emi to take a look when I meet up with the others, but I'll be fine until then"
"Must be nice having a friend like her" She says.
"It is" You reply. "Without her we might never have reached Sherton..."

Namaki shuts her eyes again and sinks into the spring. "She'll need you" She says. "She won't say as much herself, in fact she'll probably try to push you away. But she'll need you"

>That's vague

>And I'll be there

>It'll be fine. I'm a stubborn guy

>Other
>>
>>1828053
>>It'll be fine. I'm a stubborn guy
>>
>>1828053
>>And I'll be there
>>
>>1828053
>>
>>1828053
>>
>>1828053
>>
>writing
>>
"It'll be fine. I'm a stubborn guy" You say. "How will I know when it happens?"

"The moment wll present itself, in time" She says. "Standing up won't be the easiest thing in the world, and what comes after will be even more difficult, but..."

"But?"

She smiles. "You'll be fine" She says. "Have you given any thought to the path you wish to take?"
"I'm leaning towards learning from the scholars at the Archive" You say.

"Oh? Why is that?" She asks.
"Because I have friends who are strong, and friends who are clever" You say. "But there's only one person who can cast spells with Soul"
"Interesting..." She says. "I didn't think of it like that"

>Ask if she has any other insights

>Ask if you can scratch her ears

>Ask if she can tell you anything about the tower

>Other
>>
>>1828133
>>Ask if you can scratch her ears

>>Ask if she can tell you anything about the tower
>>
>>1828133

>>
>>1828133
>Ask if she can tell you anything about the tower
>Ask if you can scratch her ears
>>
>>1828133
>>
>writing
>>
"This may be a weird question, but... can I scratch your ears?" You ask.

She tilts her head towards you, silently answering your question. You reach around behind her and start scratching at the usual spot where a person's ears usually are, eliciting a contented hum and a smile from Namaki.

"Another thing... you wouldn't happen to know anything else about the tower, would you?" You ask, as you continue scratching.
"Just what I've sensed off the people that came out..." She says. "Fear, exhaustion, sorrow, loneliness"

"Is that not normal?" You ask.
"Not like this it isn't..." She says. "I could feel it from here without even looking for it. They weren't just tired, afraid, sad, or lonely... those emotions had consumed them, hollowing out their beings and taking root deep within..."

"And you felt it all the way here in Otuna?" You ask.
"It was hard to miss" She says. "Like a flare going up in the sky, only in reverse"

>...a flare coming down?

>Can emotions do that to a person?

>Just how much can you sense?

>Other
>>
>>1828230
>>...a flare coming down?

>>Can emotions do that to a person?
>>
>>1828230
>>...a flare coming down?
>>Can emotions do that to a person?
>>
>>1828230
>Just how much can you sense?
>This is why I needed you instead of just the researcher.
>>
>>1828230
>...a flare coming down?
>Can emotions do that to a person?
>>
>writing
>>
"... a flare coming down?" You ask.

She sighs and rests her head on your shoulder, giving you better leverage for scratching. "Flares light up the sky, this darkened it" She says.
"Ohhhh... yeah that makes more sense" You say. "Can emotions really do that to a person?"

"You met the king, did you not?" She asks. "His despair may not have torn him apart and left him a broken husk like those who came out of the tower, but he is a now a shadow of the man he once was"

You nod. "See, this is why I'm glad I came to you instead of asking some researcher" You say.
"Glad to know my insights are valuable to you" She says with a smile, as she shifts herself to get more comfortable.

The two of you sit quietly for a while, until you start to feel something moving next to you. Looking down through the murk, you see one of Namaki's legs twitching...

>Ask why it's doing that

>Leave it be

>Other
>>
>>1828311
>See if frequency and intensity of scratching affects it.
>>
>>1828317
this
>>
>>1828317
Seconding
>>
>writing
>>
You slow the pace of your scratching, and watch as her leg slows down as well. Then you speed it up and really dig into that little spot, causing her leg to quicken as well. You go back and forth a few times, alternating between fast and slow to see how she reacts...

"Are you having fun?" She asks.
"Absolutely" You say. "Does it always do that?"

She takes a breath, opens her eyes, leans back a bit, and lifts her twitchy leg out of the water. "Only when someone hits one of my spots" She says.

"One of them?" You ask.

Her leg twitches again, and she lowers it back into the water. "I've a few others..." She says.

>Ask where they are

>Try and find one

>Does everyone have spots like that?

>Other
>>
>>1828384
>>Try and find one
>>
>>1828384
>>Ask where they are
>>Does everyone have spots like that?
>>
>>1828384
>>Try and find one
>>Does everyone have spots like that?
Here we go boys
>>
>>1828384
>Try and find one
>Declare revenge time
>>
File: d74.png (380KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
d74.png
380KB, 600x600px
>"I've a few others..."
O-oh my...
>Try and find one.
>>
>writing
>>
"A few others, huh? How about..." You bring your free hand up to her neck, just under her cheekbone, and rub it gently. "Here?"

She inhales deeply and relaxes into you a little more. "That's one..." She says.

"Hmm..." You move that hand foreward to her chin, and scratch her there. "Here too?"

"L-lucky guess..." She says, as she involuntarily lifts her head to give you better access.

Now you take your hand away from her ear, and move it down under her arm just below the armpit, to scratch along her ribs. "Sill lucky?" You ask.

She squeezes her eyes shut. "M-maybe not..." She says.

>Keep going

>I'm hungry

>Other
>>
>>1828454
>>Keep going
No breaks on this train.

>Captcha is dang
Dang indeed
>>
>>1828454
>>Keep going
>>
>>1828454
>>Keep going
CANT STOP, WONT STOP
>>
File: 77e.png (539KB, 714x592px) Image search: [Google]
77e.png
539KB, 714x592px
If we keep going, there may be no going back...
>>
>>1828476
i am okay with that
>>
File: Nothing_stops_this_train.gif (890KB, 360x203px) Image search: [Google]
Nothing_stops_this_train.gif
890KB, 360x203px
>>1828476
>>
>writing
>>
You start alternating between her chin and the spot under her cheekbone. Meanwhile she shifts her body towards you, nuzzling her face into your neck and almost sitting in your lap.

Part of you thinks you might be taking this a little bit too far, but the better part is intrigued by the reaction you've been getting. You decide that it's too late to turn back...

Remembering that one spot just above the tail that Ilica had, you take your hand away from her ribs and move it lower. Starting by scratching her lower back, you feel around for that tuft of fur above her tail...

Namaki sighs and gives your neck a little nip, then a big nip, and then her tails wrap around your hand and pull it away...

She takes a deep breath. "That's enough for now..." She says, as she slides away from you and stands up. "Go dry yourself off, and we can get started on dinner"

You nod to her, feeling more than a little-

>Disappointed

>Relieved

>Hungry

>Other
>>
>>1828514

>Disappointed
>>
>>1828514
>>Disappointed
one does not stop petting Fluffy tail
>>
>>1828514
>Hungry
>>
>>1828514
>Disappointed
>>
>writing
>>
-disappointed... and apparently it shows on your face, as Namaki giggles at you.

She leans over, lifting your face up by the chin. "I said enough for now" She says with a smile. "Now go dry yourself off"
"O-okay" You say, as you stand up and hop out of the spring.

You stop for a moment to give Namaki a hand getting out, and then head off to grab a towel. For whatever reason your breathing is heavy, and your blood is flowing much quicker than usual... it's probably nothing.

After quickly drying yourself off, you throw your clothes back on and head over to the kitchen. Namaki is already there, looking kind of silly with 2 or 3 towels wrapped around her tails, and another one on her head.

"Are you alright with leftovers? There's a few things here that need to be eaten..." She says.
"Sounds good to me" You reply. "What can I do?"
"For starters..."

>1/2
>>
Namaki walks you through the process of combining leftovers, and even takes the time to teach you a few things about cooking.

It's also a quick process, much quicker than making everything from scratch, and before long you're back in the dining room...

Though you can't say it isn't a little awkward for some reason...

Not wanting to pass the whole meal in silence, you look for something to say...

"This is pretty good for leftovers" You say.
She smiles. "4 of my personal favourites... and I've always got leftovers" She says. "340-something years of cooking experience, and I've yet to learn how to portion properly"

>Lucky for me

>I should visit more often

>You've been cooking since you were 8?

>Other
>>
>>1828617
>>Lucky for me

>>You've been cooking since you were 8?
>>
>>1828617
>>I should visit more often
>>
>>1828617

>>
>>1828617
>Lucky for me

>>
>>1828617
>>Lucky for me
>>I should visit more often
>>
There's gotta be some weird Freudian shit going on that the first motherly figure Yuu meets he tries to lewd.
>>
>>1828636
Yuu is secretly Freud reincarnated
>>
>>1828636
none can resist the power of the Fluffy Tails anon
>>
>writing
>>
>>1828636
Altea would be more the Freudian event I'd think. I just feel that Namaki fits well with Yuu. You have someone really old and knowledgeable who has a fixed span left and a guy who doesn't know anything and has probably had more holes in his chest than weeks of memory and will be lucky to live as long.

I tend to think they share some basic traits as well like being curious and interested in self-advancement. And they have a perfectly complimentary power set since she's an illusionist and Yuu is immune to illusions. I'd want Namaki to join our group eventually even if she was not able to be pursued. I bet she could hold her own against a lot of the legion and the complimentary powers just makes it really strong.
>>
File: Sigmund_Freud_LIFE.jpg (876KB, 1066x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Sigmund_Freud_LIFE.jpg
876KB, 1066x1500px
>>1828643
>"So Namaki, tell me about your mother."
>>
"I should visit more often, then" You say.
"You're always welcome" She says.
"But 340 years... you've been cooking since you were 8?" You ask.
"Possibly before... it's difficult to remember details from back then" She says.

"Didn't they know you were the nine tails?" You ask.
"Of course, my 'grandmother' knew before I was even born, just as I know now" She says. "But they didn't tell me until I started showing my powers and asking questions about them... up until then I was a normal girl, and they treated me as such"

That brings to mind a fairly difficult question, one that you're not sure you want to ask... you quiet down as you think it over.

"Yes" She says.
"What?" You ask.
"To the question you wanted to ask" She says. "I have thought how my life might've been had I just been normal. Many times"

"No I would not have preferred it" She says. "As sad as it's been to have outlived all those I grew up with, I've experienced many things that one with a regular lifespan could never know"
"How do you keep doing that?" You ask.

"Please, I don't even need to use my other senses to know what you were thinking" She says. "You have a very expressive face, dear. It's one of your many endearing traits, but it also makes you easy to read, and even easier to catch in a lie"

>Ask about said experiences

>Ask if she can teach you to read faces

>What am I thinking now, then?

>Other
>>
>>1828680
>>What am I thinking now, then?
>>
>>1828680

WEW I sure missed alot tonight
>>
>>1828680
>What am I thinking now, then?
>>
>>1828680
>>
>>1828680
>>What am I thinking now, then?
>>Ask if she can teach you to read faces
>Try to not think lewd thoughts
>Fail
>>
>writing
>>
"What am I thinking now, then?" You ask.
"That's not how it works..." She says. "But the obvious answer is 'she couldn't possibly guess what I'm thinking this time'"

Your expression drops, and your shoulders sag...

"I thought I had her there" Namaki says with a smile.

"Now she's just being cheeky" She says.
"Cheeky is not the word I was thinking of" You say.
"Oh, was it a better one, or a worse one?" She asks.

"Better. Good" She says.
"Could I learn how to read faces?" You ask.
"You could learn, yes... but I imagine you're more curious as to whether I can teach you" She says. "The answer to that being no"
"Aww..." You say.
"Yes, I know. Unfortunately it's a skill you have to learn, without being taught" She says. "Not a difficult pursuit, with eyes like yours. But it will still take time"

"Oh, don't look so disappointed" She says. "If I can't teach you that, perhaps there's something else you'd like"

>Can I brush your tails?

>Is there dessert?

>Is there something else you can teach me?

>Other
>>
>>1828723
>Can I brush your tails?
>>
>>1828723
>Is there dessert?
>>
>>1828723
>>Can I brush your tails?
>>
>>1828723
>Can I brush your tails?
>>
>>1828723
>>Is there something else you can teach me?
Waa~ What are we going to do on the bed?
>>
>>1828723
>Is there dessert?
>>
>writing
>>
"Can I brush your tails?" You ask.

Namaki starts laughing.

"What?" You ask.
"I'm fairly sure I'd get more out of that than you would" She says. "Perhaps there's something else?"
"Is there anything else you could teach me?" You ask.

"Depends on what you want to learn" She says. "I'm not the most knowledgeable person in the world, but I've picked some things up over the years..."

You think for a moment on what you might want to know, until namaki continues...

"But we'll leave that for now" She says. "Why don't we head outside? The sun should be setting soon, and we'll have a clear view of the stars"

You agree, helping with the clean up a bit before heading out back again...

Namaki comes out a minute or so after you, with a big, rolled up mat under one arm, and a basket with a handled device and a brush in the other...

>Ask her if Lubrians have constellations

>Must be nice, being served by a prince

>Ask where the mat came from

>Other
>>
>>1828765
>>
>>1828765
>>Ask her if Lubrians have constellations
>>
>>1828765
>Must be nice, being served by a prince
>>
>>1828765
>Brush tails extensively.
>>
>>1828765
>>
>>1828765
>>
>writing
>>
Namaki lays out the mat and sits down, beckoning for you to sit behind her, as she pulls the towels off of her tails.

"Do Lubrians have constellations?" You ask as you take your seat.
"Constellations?" She asks, looking over her shoulder quizzically.

"Like... shapes and pictures in the sky that you make by connecting the stars" You say.

She brings one of her tails around, and starts up the strange device. It's actually a pair of rings: one for wind and the other for heat, so it functions as something like a blowdryer.

"We call them Silvalai" She says. "At least, I think we still do... it's an old Kazudi word that means something like 'sky story'"
"Neat" You say. "And what is the sky story?"

"You should be familiar with it" She says.
"Caian and Malieria?" You ask.

She smiles and nods, handing you the brush as she starts drying of another tail. You happily get to work, running the brush through her soft fur.

"As the old story goes, Malieria summoned up a darkness that swallowed the stars" She says. "Once he was defeated, Caian and his allies ascended, shining brightly and scattering across the heavens to make new ones"

>Who were Caian's allies?

>I really should get around to reading that story...

>Sounds way more interesting than the constellations...

>Other
>>
>>1828813

>Sounds way more interesting than the constellations
>>
>>1828813
>>Who were Caian's allies?
>>I really should get around to reading that story...
>>
>>1828813
>Who were Caian's allies?
>>
>>1828813
>>
>writing
>>
"I really should get around to reading that story" You say.
"If you'd like, I could tell it to you" She says. "It's not that long to hear it told, but the story itself does a lot of meandering..."

"Sure" You say. "We've got time. Sun's not quite down yet"
"Alright... so it starts out with Caian, a stranger from a foreign land..."

You continue to brush Namaki's tails as she regales you with the story of the first hero.

It starts by describing Caian: a handsome young knight who was strange for a foreigner, as he spoke the language, but with an accent no one could place. At the same time, strange monsters started appearing. They could be killed, but they would always return...

"What were they?" You ask.
"No one really knows" She says. "They were said to be harbingers of the end... servants of Malieria who could not truly die while he lived..."

Caian was the first to realize this, and he gathered some of the greatest fighters in history to battle this new threat...

"One of whom will be above us tonight" She says. "I believe it's... hmm... it's autumn now, so it would be Calist"
"Who was he?" You ask.
"She" Namaki says. "Calist was a famed archer, an elf from the southern continent who went where the winds took her"

Caian eventually gathered the 8 strongest warriors in the world, and took the battle to Malieria and his harbingers. One by one, both hero and harbinger fell, until it was just the two of them. Malieria sundered the world in two, playing with existence as he saw fit, until Caian could make things right again... but he could not killed Malieria, so he trapped him between the broken pieces of the world as they came back together.

"What happened to Caian after that?" You ask.
"It never says" She says. "Everybody's got a different idea of how the story ends, but nobody actually knows"

>That's kind of anticlimactic

>He probably lived happily ever after

>Ask if there's anything more about the 'harbingers'

>Other
>>
>>1828855
>>He probably lived happily ever after
>>
>>1828855
>What's your idea?
>>
>>1828855
>He probably lived happily ever after
>>
>>1828855
>>Ask if there's anything more about the 'harbingers'
"And who were the allies of the hero?"
>>
>>1828866
this
>>
>writing
>>
"What do you think?" You ask.
"I'd like to think he lived a long and happy life after that" She says. "To go through all of that fighting and lose so much, just to die, or while away in sadness... much too cruel"

"Yeah" You say. "Who were the other heroes?"
"I don't remember their names off hand..." She says. "Calist only came to mind because... well..."
"Well?"
"Sh-she was always my favourite" She says.

"I can see why" You say. "The strong female warrior type would make a good role model... maybe I should tell this story to the devils"

Namaki chuckles. "You'd make a good father some day" She says.
"I think I'm good with being the cool pseudo-big brother for now" You say, getting another laugh out of Namaki.

"Now the sun's down... look up there" She says, pointing out the stars that make out Calist.
"Neat" You say, as you finish brushing her tails. "All done back here"
"Why thank you" She says.
"My pleasure" You reply. "It's not every day that you get to work with something so incredibly soft"
"And it's not every day that an old gal like me gets serviced by a prince" She says.
"I guess this isn't one of those 'every days'" You say.

"I suppose not..." She says.

It gets quiet for a moment.

>Continue where you left off in the spring? [Y/N]
>>
>>1828905
>N
And now to be horribly out voted
>>
>>1828905
>Y
Duh
>>
>>1828905
>>Continue where you left off in the spring? Yes
>>
>>1828905
>Y
>>
>>1828905
>Y
>>1828908
Sorry man
>>
>>1828905
>N
>>
>>1828918
Well at least it isn't the rabbit
Good bye Yuu's purity
>>
>>1828905
>Y
>>
>>1828922
You take that back.
Stella is a best.
>>
>>1828922
F
>>
>writing

This isn't going anywhere lewd. Yuu's too young for that stuff.
>>
>>1828928
>best
Nice meme anon
>>
>>1828928
Cheska is best girl
I will fight you to the pain on this point good sir
>>1828930
I have a surprisingly hard time believing you Smiley
>>
>>1828934
This guy knows whats up
>>
>>1828930
I want Altea to have a 348 year old daughter in law and be a grandma.
>>
You take a breath, and scoot up behind Namaki. Then you gently pull her back into you, and start rubbing under her cheekbone again.

"Ahh... I did say we'd continue, didn't I" She says.

Her tails stir, lightly brushing just about everywhere as she envelopes most of your upper body in a warm, fluffy cocoon. She then uses them to pull herself the rest of the way back to you, resting her head on your shoulder.

You feel kind of... warm. And it's not just the tails doing it. She turns her head towards you as you continue to rub her neck, and you start scratching her rib like before.

She hums contentedly, resting her hands on your knees and arching her back. Your hand moves down from her rib, like it's grown a mind of its own, and comes to rest on her hip, then her back, just above her tails where it continues to scratch...

Meanwhile your other hand leaves her neck, just long enough to knock her robe off her shoulder, before returning to its place.

Before you realize, you've shifted so your face is only inches away from hers. She locks eyes with you and smiles, lifting a finger to trail it along your chin.

"Go on" She says.

You blink a few times, and swallow.

>Go on and... what?

>Do it

>Maybe this is to far...

>Other
>>
>>1828948
>Do it
>>
>>1828948
>Do it
>>
>>1828948
>>Do it
>>
>>1828948
>Go on and... what?
>>
>>1828948
>Go on and... what?
>>
>>1828948
>>Go on and... what?
I miss blissful and dense Yuu
>>
>>1828956
>>1828948
Actually change mine to
>Go on and... what?
>>
>>1828948
>>Do it
>>
>writing
>>
"Go on and... what?" You ask.

She strokes your cheek. "You know exactly what I mean" She says. "Don't be nervous... consider this another lesson: a woman seldom allows a man to touch them as much as you have if they're not willing to do what you're thinking of doing"

"Oh... yeah... that makes sense" You say, before crossing those last few inches. You stop as you feel contact, lightly brushing your lips against hers. Taking a moment to enjoy the way her breath tickles your face, before moving in and really going for it.

You start by just locking lips, and continuing to rub at her neck. Until she opens her mouth, inviting your tongue inside to play with hers. Then one of her tails brushes your hand away from her neck, as another pulls one side of her robe away, and another guides your hand down to her exposed chest.

After staying like that for what feels like a long while, you break away and begin kissing her neck, as you take your hand off of her backand start to pull at the sash holding her robe on. But before you pul it all the way off, you start to wonder if you might be getting a little too far ahead of yourself.

As though she senses your reluctance, Namaki brushes your hands away and smiles. "Far enough... I think" She says.
"Hmm?" You ask.

Her tails release you and she turns around, giving you a quick peck on the lips. "That's enough for now" She says. "You aren't ready to go any further, and I'm not about to make you"

You take a moment to cath your breath before answering. "Yeah... that's... yeah" You say.

Namaki stands up and fixes her robes, before stretching herself out.

"S-so... do we... just... go to bed?" You ask.
"Yes" She replies.
"Oh..." You say.

She smiles and puts a finger under your chin to turn your head up to her. "We don't have to go to different beds" She says.
"We don't?" You ask.
"I believe you're fond of snuggling?" She asks.
"I am" You reply.

She smiles and takes your hand. "Come then... let's get some sleep" She says. "Perhaps we'll continue this another time"
"O-okay" You say. Your brain hasn't quite processed this turn of events... but snuggling sounds good right now, so you let yourself get dragged along... hopefully your brain will have caught up by morning...
>>
That's all for tonight!

I was wrong. It got a little lewd.

Next thread should be tomorrow night

As always I'll be sticking around for question/suggestion time!
>>
>>1828985
Thanks for Running Smiley
>I was wrong. It got a little lewd
See, this is why I have trust issues
>>
>>1828985
>This isn't going anywhere lewd. Yuu's too young for that stuff.

T-that was pretty l-lewd

Does your new schedule allow you to run late all the time?
>>
>>1828988
I ran this thread later than usual because I wanted to finish the night before calling it a night.
>>
>>1828985
Also what are some things that you have enjoy and some things that have frustrated you during this quest?
>>
>>1828992
You moving to my time zone is keeping me up far to late Smiley
>>
>>1828993
Can't say I've ever really been frustrated. Closest I've ever been was the waifu wars of past quests... though I can't say I really enjoy writing about things going wrong when you guys hit a string of bad rolls.

I enjoy the cute things, which is something I realized during my other quests. Selene and Zee were fun to write, so I fuckin' loaded this quest with adorable stuff: the devils, the bunnies, the kittens, Coral... it's worked well so far.

>>1828996
I'm not moving back. It's too nice here.
>>
>>1828998
>I'm not moving back. It's too nice here
Like I said West Coast is the Best Coast
Also Rip my sleep schedule and work performance
>>
>>1828998
Write more tiny Devils Smiley
I fear that one day Yuu will just open up an orphanage and steal other people's children
>>
>>1828985
Thanks for running Smiley.
>>
Oh yeah, and I forgot to mention this last thread, but-

>New skill learned!
>Soul Buckler: Creates 1-5 small shields. If you focus only on defense, you can manage 5 shields. Add your mageblade to that, and you can manage 2. Add using other spells, and you can only use 1. This will improve as you do.
>>
So I just thought about something.

What effect is that soul-powder bomb-thing going to have on Coral, I wonder?
>>
>>1828928
brotha!
>>
>>1829030
When will yuu lose the V card?
>>
>>1829107
in time anon, he's already fondling CHOICE fox titties
>>
I'm deeply upset anons are trying to lewd the old fox lady over the superior waifus
>>
>>1829218
She doesn't seem to mind. If anything, Yuu is the one getting corrupted.
>>
You awaken in a warm, fluffy heaven. Namaki is curled up beside you, facing away with her tails covering you from head to toe.

You could stay here forever... but unfortunately the Tower awaits you, so you shuffle about and nudge Namaki awake.

She lets out a yawn and stretches out. "Good morning" She says, as she rolls back so she can see you. "Sleep well?"

"That was probably the best sleep I've ever had" You say. "I may have to bring you with me"
"Oh? Am I to be the prince's new bedwarmer?" She asks.
"Well... that's not really what I-"
"Because it sounds like a nice enough deal... a shame that you must go, and I must stay" She says.

Not really having a response to that, you sit up and stretch.

Namaki sits up as well. "However, if a warm bed is what you desire... this one will always be here" She says. Then she gives you a quick peck on the lips, clearly communicating that the physical boundaries have moved, before stepping out of bed. "Come. We'll eat breakfast, and then I shall accompany you down the steps"

>It's a lot of steps...

>Breakfast sounds good

>Now I'll definitely have to visit again

>Other
>>
>>1831066
>>Breakfast sounds good

>>Now I'll definitely have to visit again
Best girl
>>
>>1831066
>Now I'll definitely have to visit again
>How many more bad guys do I have to eliminate again until you can come outside?
>>
>>1831066
>It's a lot of steps...
>>
>>1831066
>>Breakfast sounds good
>>
>writing
>>
"Breakfast sounds good" You say, as you get out of bed as well. Instead of following her you stay behind, changing out of the bed-robe she gave you into your regular clothes. Then you head off to the kitchen.

"You sure you want to follow me down the steps?" You ask as you come up behind her. "It's a long way back up..."

She turns her head slightly, bringing one of her tails up to flick your chin. "I'm not just going down for you" She says. "I must visit the postmaster and send something off to Sherton about my son's descendants"

"Oh yeah" You say. "I hope you find something"
"I am... apprehensive" She says. "Perhaps it is not a path I should be looking down... but you've made me curious, which is something I've not been for quite some time"

"Is that... good?" You ask.

She hums to herself as she thinks over that. "Perhaps... it is akin to being young again, when the world still had new things to show me" She says.
"I'm sure the world's got plenty of new things for you to see" You say. "Just how many bad guys do I need to eliminate again?"

Her tail pokes you in the nose. "Don't push yourself. I've plenty of time left" She says. "That's all time I'd like to spend enjoying myself, not mourning the loss of one so young"
"Ah... yeah" You say.

"So be cautious" She says. "Always keep your head where it needs to be, and keep your blade sharp. You do that, and these wars will be over in no time"

"I'm bad at that, though..." You say.
"Cautious, not careful" She says. "There is a slight, but noticeable difference"
"What's the difference?" You ask.
"A careful man avoids danger, where a cautious man comes prepared for it" She says.
"That I can handle" You say.

"Good, now go wait at the table. This will not be much longer" She says.

You consider staying, but she waves you off... so you do as she says, heading to the dining room and taking a seat...

>Practice your new spell

>Look at some of the stuff she has in here

>Wait patiently

>Other
>>
>>1831182
>Practice your new spell

>Look at some of the stuff she has in here
>>
>>1831182
>>Look at some of the stuff she has in here
>>
>>1831182
>Practice your new spell
>>
>>1831182
>>Practice your new spell
>>
>writing
>>
You sit back and hold out your hand, creating a soul buckler above it and moving it around a bit.

Taking a moment to study it, you notice how easy this particular shape is to create and maintain. You didn't notice when you were creating it, but it's not quite solid. It's actually spinning and shifting constantly.

Standing from your chair, you move it out in front of you and give it a quick 1-2 with your fists. It gives a little way to the impact, but bounces right back after.

There's definitely more you can do with this. Different shapes, sizes... looking down at your mageblade, you wonder if you could somehow move it without your hands the way you do with the sheild...

But that's a topic for another time. You'll get plenty of opportunities to work that over with the scholars, should you go that route.

You set the sheild to sit parrallel to the ground, and then leave it by your seat as you look around the room, figuring you may as well practice maintaining it while your interest is elsewhere.

Namaki has plenty of shelves along the walls of her dining room... there's one with a bunch of model ships, another with a collection of weapons, and one with several paintings...

>Check out the ships

>Check out the weapons

>Check out the paintings

>Other
>>
>>1831236
>Check out the paintings
>Check out the weapons

In that order.
>>
>writing
>>
You walk up to the paintings to get a closer look...

Some of these are really good, and you think you recognize a few of the views. One of them is clearly the view of Otuna from the top of the steps, though there are less buildings in the painting than there are now...

In fact, there are a few paintings of that same view... but each one is different. The buildings, and even the steps themselves look change...

Once you're done looking over the paintings, you walk over to the weapons. She's got quite the collection. There's a curved, ornate looking sword in its sheath on the top shelf. The shelves underneath that are littered with daggers and hand axes.

Beside the weapon shelf there are two weapons that stand up. One is a huge battleaxe that looks like it might take 3 men just to lift it... and on the other side is a glaive, longer than you are tall with a wicked curved blade at its end, and golden flames at the blade's base

"I see you've found my weapon collection" She says.
"They're very nice" You say. "Where did you get them?"

"The sword came from a southern lord who I bested in combat" She says, as she places a tray with several dishes on the table. "By their rules I beat him, so his sword became my sword... not that I've ever used it, but it's a nice sword, so I kept it"

She walks over the shelf, and points to the daggers. "Those were all thrown at me at one point or another" She says. "Which is how I became so very good with my defenses"
"Good way to start a collection" You say. "And the axe?"

"Given to me by a massive yeti I met up north, after I helped guard her tribe from their would-be Lubrian conquerors" She says.
"How did you get it up here?" You ask.
"Magic" She says.

You raise an eyebrow at her.

"What, do I look like I could lift that thing?" She asks. "It's a miracle that the floor under it hasn't cracked under the weight, even after I went through the trouble of reinforcing it"

You chuckle. "What about the glaive?" You ask.

She smiles and holds out her hand. The glaive's shaft is wreathed in light, and it floats into her hands.

"This is mine" She says.

>Ask if she's any good with it

>It's a nice weapon

>Ask about the paintings

>Ask about the ships

>Other
>>
>>1831337
>>Ask if she's any good with it

>>It's a nice weapon

>>Ask about the paintings
>>
>>1831337
>>Ask if she's any good with it
>>It's a nice weapon
>>
>>1831337
>Ask her if she has an ultimate move where she uses all of her tails holding daggers and the glaive to hit all ten of an opponent's weak spots at once.
>>
>writing
>>
"Are you any good with it?" You ask.

She gives the glaive several twirls, even passing it behind her back using her tails, before bringing it up underneath your chin. You know she's going to stop, but you move your shield over from the table to block it anyway.

The glaive hit the underside of the shield, coming to a dead stop.

"Hmm...? Not too shabby" She says.
"I do try" You say. "May I?"

She nods, holding the glaive out to you so you can take it and get a better look.

"It's a nice weapon" You say.
"Why thank you. I made it myself" She says.
"You did?" You ask.

"My old weapon broke, so in one of my many flights of fancy I decided to take up smithing and make myself another one" She says.
"Wow" You say. "Maybe you could make me something"

She chuckles. "My dear, it's been over a hundred years since I last did any metalwork"
"No time like the present to get back into it" You say with a smile.

She reaches over and pinches your cheek. "You are just... adorable" She says, before taking the glaive and putting it away. "Now, let's eat before breakfast gets cold"

>1/2
>>
"So do you have like... an ultimate move where you get a dagger in each tail, and use them and the glaive to hit all your opponent's weak spots?" You ask, as you make your way back to the table"

She brings a bundle of her tails around in front of her, almost cradling them and stroking the fur. "No, they lack the strength and coordination to do anything meaningful like that" She says. "In fights I mostly use them to mislead"

"How so?" You ask, as you sit down.
"Most fighters keep an eye on their opponents hips, as they tend to tell where you'll be going better than any other body part" She says. "If the feet go left, it could be a feint... if the hips go left, the body goes left"

"Hips don't lie. Gotcha" You say.

"You pay attention to them, put you can't watch them intently" She says. "If the tails go left, it gives the illusion that the hips are going left, while I am still free to go wherever I want"
"I get it... but can't you just create an actual illusion?" You ask.
"It's less work than creating a convincing illusion, and it's something I learned before I had mastered that craft" She says.

You start to dig in to your breakfast. She has several different dishes, giving you a little bit of everything... and it's all so good.

"What about the paintings?" You ask. "I noticed that there's a bunch of the view from the steps"
"Indeed there is" She says. "That is how it looked after I grew my ninth tail and took up residence here. And the one next to it was done by my grandmother on that same day in her life, and her grandmother before her..."

"So it's a family tradition?" You ask.
She nods.

>What about the ships?

>What is this stuff?

>Ask what other hobbies she's taken up

>Other
>>
>>1831454
>>What about the ships?
>>
>>1831454
>>What about the ships?
>>
>>1831454
>What about the ships?
>>
>>1831454
>>What about the ships?
>>
>>1831454
>What about the ships?
>>
>writing
>>
"What about the ships?" You ask, as you turn your attention back to your food.

"All ships I've either traveled on, or wanted to travel on" She says. "I always enjoy it when shipwrights settle here. Because I can ask them to acquire the plans for some of these, downsize them, and make these models"

You turn to the ship-shelf and look it over. A few stand out above the rest...

"What's that big one?" You ask.
She gets a nostalgic smile on her face. "An old pirate's vessel, called King Marcan's Roar" She says. "I was captain of her for a short while"

"You were a pirate?" You ask.
"Oh, goodness no" She says. "I was captured by pirates, though. I defeated their captain in single combat and took control of the vessel, then used it to get myself to my destination. After that I just let the crew figure it out for themselves"

"Wow" You say, as you look over some of the other ships. "Hey... that one's the Pride"
"Indeed" She says.
"You've been on it?" You ask.
"Nope" She says.
"So you'd like to" You say. "I could probably arrange that..."
"Someday, I'm sure" She says. "I have the plans for all the cross ocean airships, but the Pride is the only one I've gotten around to making"

>Hoping to go across the ocean?

>It certainly is a nice ship

>Other
>>
>>1831549
>>It certainly is a nice ship
>>Other
Got to fly an airship while taking down the capitol.
>>
>>1831549
>Eventually I'm probably going to go across the ocean to go find the other towers.
>>
>>1831549
>Hoping to go across the ocean?
>>
>writing
>>
"Hoping to go across the ocean someday?" You ask.
"Perhaps" She says. "The world, it seems, has gotten quite a bit bigger since my own exploring days. New continents, monster kings, ancient ruins..."

"Once the continent is safe, I'll be heading out there to seek out the other ruins... assuming we find something at the Tower" You say. "Maybe you could... I dunno... come with me?"

She smiles. "I think I'd like that"

The rest of the meal passes in pleasant silence. When it's done, Namaki heads to her bedroom to change, as she's still in her 'bed robes'.

After she's done, you join her as she makes her way out to the stairs. Both of you stop at the top, and she takes a breath.

"I may need you to wait for me at the bottom, so you can carry me back up..." She says.
"Come on, you're a big girl" You say. "Let's go"

Namaki pouts for a moment, then laughs it off and offers you her hand. You take it lightly in yours, and start making your way down...

"You know I got to pilot an airship for a few seconds" You say.
"I saw that one, after I felt something shift..." She says. "You were doing very well, until you realized that you had no idea how to pilot an airship"

"Yeah, that was a pretty crushing realization" You say. "I wonder if I could take airship piloting lessons..."

>1/2
>>
You talk all the way down the steps, about the possibility of owning your own airship, and what might be across the ocean, and when you might be able to return here, and several other things on the long trip down.

But that ends once you hit the bottom.

"We'll part ways here" She says. "I'd love to continue this chat, but the postmaster lives on the opposite side of the hill"
"Alright" You say. "I'll be in touch"

Taking a quick look around, you don't see anyone. Must be early enough that everyone's still inside...

Turning back to Namaki, you see her smiling ever so slightly...

>Give her a peck

>Give her a kiss

>Say goodbye

>Other
>>
>>1831673
>>Give her a kiss
Dammit Smiley giving me choices you know I would pick.
>>
>>1831673
>Give her a kiss
>>
>>1831673
>Give her a kiss
>>
>>1831673
>Say Goodbye
>Give her a peck
>>
>>1831673
>>Give her a peck
i really don't want to go after the fox girl
>>
>>1831673
>>Give her a peck
>>
>>1831691
i mean a peck i can deal with, but full on kissing her when we barely no her and people want to to waifu her,just seems wrong
>>
>>1831673
>>Give her a peck
>>Say goodbye
>>
>writing
>>
>>1831696
There was already way more than a peck at this point.
>>
You put a hand on her cheek and give her a quick peck on the lips, stopping yourself before going any further.

In return, she wraps you in a tight hug, pulling your head into her shoulder and enveloping you in her tails.

"Until next time" She says.
"Yeah, 'till then" You reply.

She releases you, and you go your seperate ways...

Thankfully it's not a long walk to the Rook, and when you reach it, you mount up and take a breath.

From here it's almost a straight shot north to the tower, but there's 2 ways you can go: Through Sherton, or through Bell's Run. From the map it looks like either way will take around the same amount of time, but you'll definitely have to make a stop in one of those towns for lunch...

>Go through Sherton

>Go through Bell's Run
>>
>>1831751
>Go through Sherton
>>
>>1831751
>>Go through Sherton
>>
>writing
>>
You figure Sherton might be your best bet, since you already know where to find food there. Also it's in better shape than Bell's Run is.

So you head back out the same way you came in, and get moving... only to stop abruptly as Coral appears in front of your face.

"Oh, welcome back" You say.

Coral gleefully hands you Derrick's reply. It's just the same note you sent him, with the word 'yes' scribbled at the bottom.

"Why thank you" You say, as you hold out a hand for her to rest on, and to feed her soul with.

After Coral's had her fill of both soul and actual food, you drop her into her pocket to rest, and hit the road...

>1/2
>>
It doesn't take long to reach Sherton... at least it doesn't feel like it took very long. The trip itself easily took you a few hours.

You ride through the city, stopping off at a familiar shop to grab yourself and Coral some lunch, before stopping by the Sherton guild hall out of curiousity...

You see hunters there, unloading several things off a large cart and carrying them into the hall.

Looking for any familiar faces, you spot Katherine watching the other hunters work...

>Go say hello

>Get back on the road

>Other
>>
>>1831824
>Go say hello
>>
>>1831824
>>Go say hello
>>
>writing
>>
You park the Rook and walk up to Katherine. Her ears flick towards you, and she turns around.

"Goooooood afternoon" She says.
"Hey" You say. "Moving back in?"

"Here, yeah" She says. "They're still prepping for the move back into the other cities. We just rushed Sherton a bit because of its central location"
"I assume you'll be taking command here?" You ask.

"For now" She says. "Once we're set up, somebody else will take over"

You look around. "Kids aren't here?" You ask.
"Vivi's around. Richard's keeping an eye on her for me" She says. "As for Ilica, she's waiting for you up north"

"She's joining us at the tower?" You ask.
"Mmhmm. Her and Hella" She says.

"Cool. I've been looking forward to seeing her again..." You say. "How have things been?"
"Nice and quiet for the last few days... until yesterday" She says. "Then it was all 'rush this' and 'pack that' and 'Vivi get out of my suitcase"

>Ask about that last one

>Busy is better than bored

>You should get going

>Other
>>
>>1831862
>>Busy is better than bored

>>You should get going
Sadly, on a time limit.
>>
>>1831862
>Busy is better than bored
>Where are you heading after this?
>>
>>1831841
>>Ask about that last one
>>Busy is better than bored
>>
>>1831862
>You should get going
>Check suitcase
>>
>writing
>>
"Busy is better than bored" You say.
"Well put" She says. "I'm gonna have to remember that one whenever Richy complains about having too much work"

"And speaking of busy..." You say.
"Hittin' the road?" She asks.
"Yeah" You say. "Still a long ways to go..."

"It's a long road, yeah. But you've got good wheels for it" She says, giving a nod to the Rook. "How's she been treatin' ya? Good?"

"Better than good" You say.
"Glad to hear it" She says. "It's nice that all that research didn't amount to nothing"

"Hey, if you've got any other soul powered stuff laying about..." You say.

She waves you off. "Nope. Sorry bud" She says.
"Aww..." You reply. "Ah well. I'll see you later"

"Safe travels"

You wave to her, mildly disappointed that you don't have time to play with Vivian, and head to the Rook. Once you've mounted up, you wave again, and leave Sherton in the dust...

>1/2
>>
It's another few hour's ride north to Dofton, but it passes quickly.

Dofton looks to be about the same size as Otuna, except it has a wooden wall surrounding it. It also has guards, who ask for your name and where you're headed...

Well, they ask for your name. Once they've got that, they apologize for stopping you and let you go on your way. Being a prince seems to have its perks...

As you pass the north gate of Dofton, you ask the guards there about when your friends left. They tell you that their carts left early in the morning, so they've probably arrived already. Hopefully they haven't gotten impatient and gone in without you.

Just past Dofton, you stop to get a look at sights as the road starts travelling along the side of a big body of water. You think it might be the ocean, but checking your map you see that it's just a lake known as "Pointer's Lake"... Raider's River, Pointer's Lake... the number of names you need to ask people about slowly grows.

Once you get moving again, the road continues along the lake before coming to a crossroads. After checking your map again, you take the left fork going northwest.

It's already late in the afternoon by the time you reach the Tower's approach, and a short while later you come to the fortified camp surrounding its base.

From here the tower looks immense, like it stretches forever into the sky. Its metallic green exterior shines in the late afternoon light, and you can barely see its tip through the could that's being sucked down to it.

>Look for your friends

>Get a closer look at the tower

>Other
>>
>>1831942
>>Look for your friends
>>
>>1831942
>Look for your friends
>>
>>1831942
>>Look for your friends
>>
>>1831942
>>Look for your friends
>>
>writing
>>
You look around for your friends, but you can only see their carts...

"Coral" You say, prompting the sprite to pop her head out of your pocket. "Where's Ilica?"

After a second spent finding a signal, Coral points to the left side of the camp, so you head that way.

As you make your way over you spot Ilica napping in a comfy looking chair, enjoying the warmth of the afternoon sun...

>Surprise her

>Wake her nicely

>Look for someone else

>Other
>>
>>1831977
>Wake her nicely
>>
>>1831977
>>Look for someone else
>>
>>1831977
>Wake her nicely
>>
>>1831977
>>Look for someone else
>>
>>1831977
>>Surprise her
>>
>writing
>>
You step up next to the chair, leaning over and poking her in the cheek...

"Ilica" You say quietly. "Hey, Ilica"

You poke her a few more times, not wanting to do anything drastic, lest she awaken and immediately bring out the claws...

"Who else is here that I haven't seen in a while..." You say. "Oh yeah! Coral, where's Hella?"

Coral points behind you, and you follow her little finger over to the shade of one of the few trees here. There you find Hella sitting down and working on something with a needle and thread...

"Hey!" You call out.

Hella stands up like a shot, hiding what she was working on behind her and looking like a deer in the headlights... err... rabbit in the headlights.

"Oh... it's you" She says, as she breathes a sigh of relief. "Don't scare me like that!"
"Sorry" You say.

>Ask what she's working on

>Ask how long everyone's been here

>Ask why Ilica is slacking off

>Ask where everyone else is

>Other
>>
>>1832018
>>Ask how long everyone's been here

>>Ask where everyone else is
>>
>>1832018
>>
>>1832018
>>
>>1832018
>Ask how long everyone's been here
>Ask where everyone else is
>>
>>1832018
>>
>writing
>>
Hella gives you a mock angry look, breaking into a smile a few moments later and skipping over to give you a hug.

"We've been waiting for you" She says.
"Yeah... I'm a bit late" You say, as you return the embrace. "I wasn't expecting you to come along"

Hella steps back and smiles. "I was curious" She says.
"You'll be coming in with us?" You ask.
"Sure" She says. "I can handle myself, no problem"

"Are you sure...?" You ask.
"If anything goes wrong, I'll back out" She says.
"Alright..." You say. "Where is everybody... aside from Ilica. I already found her napping spot"
"They're in a tent on the far side" She says. "You showed up just in time! Apparently the wind around the tower is starting to subside, and we'll be able to enter soon"

"Awesome" You say. "Think you could show me to this tent?"
"It's right this way" She replies.

You follow Hella as she heads off toward the back of the camp.

"How long have you guys been here?" You ask.
"Ilica and I arrived yesterday, and everyone else got here a few hours ago" She says.
"How was the trip?" You ask.
"Not bad. Ilica drove the whole way, and only almost crashed us into a ditch once" She says, in a cheerful tone.

"That's... good?" You ask.
"Compared to actually crashing us into a ditch? Yes. Compared to not almost crashing at all...?" She says, making a face that says everything...

"I see..." You say. "At least you made it here safe and sound"
"That's the bright side" She says.

>1/2
>>
You chat with Hella the whole way to the tent, and find that she's a bit more confident than usual. She speaks more comfortably, and much louder than last time you saw her. You guess she decided to come out of her shell.

"Look who I found!" She calls out, as you approach the big tent.

It's not a full tent, more of a covered area with no walls... Inside you can see everyone else sitting or standing around a table.

"Well it's about time" Meyu says. "You ready to get this done?"
"Wouldn't be here if I wasn't" You say.

The group gets up, and you all go to grab Ilica so you can make your way in.

Derrick fills you in on what they've learned from the researchers here, which is basically not much more than what you already knew, and you tell him about your visit with Namaki... leaving out the more private details...

"Ilica!" Derrick shouts when you reach her chair.

The shout startles Ilica awake, and she makes a series of angry cat noises as she struggles with her blanket. At the end of her struggles, she's on all fours on her chair, ready to pounce as she looks around.

"Oh..." She says, as she relaxes and hops off the chair. "Hey guys"

>What was that?

>Miss me?

>Oh sure, you wake up for him...

>Other
>>
>>1832070
>Miss me?
>>
>>1832070
>>Oh sure, you wake up for him...
Then that dopey, stupid smile she """Hates""" so much, before:
>Miss me?
>>
>>1832070
>>Miss me?

>>Oh sure, you wake up for him...
>>
>writing
>>
"Oh sure, you wake up for him" You say sarcastically.

Ilica gives you her usual dull look, and you smile.

"Miss me?" You ask.

She walks over and pokes you in the forehead. "Not enough to want to put up with that" She says.
"Aww, and here I thought you liked my antics" You say.
"I tolerate your antics" She replies.

You both start laughing, and she gives you a quick hug. "I'm glad you're back" She says.
"Yeah, Locke must have been awfully boring without me around" You say.
"The opposite, actually. With no hands to chew on, Vivi's turned into a little gremlin..." She says. "Munchkin too. Both of them have been hyper as hell"
"Sounds like I'm missing a fun time" You say.
"Fun's... not the word I would use" She replies.

"So. Are we ready to do this?" You ask.
"Wind should be at it's lowest in a few minutes, and we'll be able to approach the doors" Stoencht says.
"That's what I like to hear" You say. "Let's get moving"
>>
That's all for tonight!

Next thread will be tomorrow.

As always I'll be sticking around for question/suggestion time.
>>
>>1832126
Thanks for running Smiley
>>
>>1832126
Wew I ended up missing the whole thread
Lordy that was alot of ara ara fox shipping
>>
>>1832126
Thanks for running.
>>
Ilica regales you with tales of her training as you head for the Tower. Apparently she can hit the target now... she doesn't have too many stories.

"By the way... you smell kinda funny" She says.
"Funnier than usual?" You ask.

Ilica sniffs around you. "Like... fox" She says.
"I was hanging out with Namaki" You say.
"I think you told me about her..." She says. "That's the old fox, right?"
"Yeah" You say.

She sniffs a little more. "How'd you manage to get her scent on you" She says.
"I was petting her tails" You say.

She raises an eyebrow.

"They're very soft"

"That's like... half the reason you went down there, isn't it?" Madelaine asks.
"Half, yeah. The other half was because I needed advice" You say.
"Did you get it?" She asks.
"Yep" You reply.

You come around to the front of the Tower. The wind has died down so much that you can freely approach it.

Madelaine takes a deep breath. "Will it help us here?" She asks.
"Probably not" You say.
"Too bad" She says. "She have anything to say about this place?"
"Nothing good" You reply.

Madelaine takes another breath. "Alright guys, here we go" She says. "Anyone having second thoughts?"

"Good..." She says. "The Tower awaits"

As a group, you walk up to the Tower's doors. When you're close enough, they open for you.

"Eerie" You say.
Derrick lets out a nervous chuckle. "Awfully uninviting for a place that seems to be inviting us in" He says.

Everyone is silent as you walk through the doorway, and you can feel the tension as everyone checks every corner for danger. Even you have to relax your grip on your mageblade, lest you strain your hand...

"I guess there's no welcoming comittee" Meyu says, getting a nervous bit of laughter from the group.

"Maybe they weren't expecting us" You say, as you look back to make sure nobody is lagging behind.

You turn just in time as Hella is the last one in, and the door shuts behind her. Hella lets out a surprised squeak as the winds in the entryway suddenly pick up, forcing you to cover your face and close your eyes.

Just as quickly as the winds came, they go away.

"Well that was anticlimactic, right guys?" You ask.

"Guys?"

No one answers.

No one else is here.

>1/2
>>
You shake your head and blink, as though that will bring everyone back. Your eyes start to feel warm, and several blurs appear around you. The blurs come into focus, and you can see everyone again.

You smile for a moment, and let the relief wash over you. But your heart sinks as they start calling out...

"H-hey... where'd everybody go?" Ilica asks.
"Alright you kids, come on out" Meyu says almost immediately after.

Everyone else calls out something similar...

You scowl. "Guys, I'm right here... you're right here. How-..." You trail off, as you witness Derrick walking straight through Emi...

They all start to move about, and most of them draw their weapons. As they move, they go straight through each other... like...

"Like they're not even here..." You say. "What the hell is going on?"

You move about and try to get their attention to no avail. They can't see you, or hear you... and starting with Derrick, one by one they resolve to look for everyone else further in.

"But you're all... right here" You say as the last of them go up the stairs, leaving you blinking in shock at what is happening.

You take a breath and take one last look around, before heading up the stairs yourself... but you stop when you spot Hella.

She hasn't gone up the stairs. In fact, she hasn't even moved. She's still standing in front of the door, standing completely still.

"H-hello?" She whispers. "I-is anybody there?"

She backs away in fear, letting out a short scream when her back hits the door. She breathes a sigh of relief when she realizes that it's just the door, and then curls up into a ball and starts crying...

>See if you can find some way to help her

>Let her be

>Other
>>
>>1834344
>>See if you can find some way to help her
No bunny left behind

>>1834324
>She sniffs a little more. "How'd you manage to get her scent on you" She says.
>"I was petting her tails" You say.

>She raises an eyebrow.
Shit, she knows
>>
>>1834344

>>
>>1834344
>>
>writing
>>
You frown, and walk back over to Hella. While you're almost certain that the only way to put things back the way they were is to climb the tower... you can't just leave her here like this.

Leaning down in front of her, you try to put a hand on her shoulder. But it just phases right through without her even noticing.

"Hella... come on, I'm right here" You say.

She takes a breath and looks up, seeming hopeful that it'll all just be a bad dream. Her eyes go wide.

"C-coral?" She asks.

"Coral?" You reply, looking down at your pocket to see Coral waving to Hella.

"She can see you?" You ask.

Hella reaches out and takes Coral gently in her hand. "What are you doing here? Where is Yuu?" She asks.

Coral looks confused, and points up at you. Hella follows her finger, looking right past you...

"I-is he there?" Hella asks.

Coral nods.

"I can't see him... can he see me?" She asks.

Coral nods again.

"S-so I'm not actually alone" Hella says. "I mean I am... but I'm not... does that make sense?"

Coral shrugs.

Hella takes a breath and rises to her feet. "I think I can do this" She says, turning her head to where she assumes you are... she's way off. "If you'll stay with me..."

>I will

>Maybe you should stay here

>Other
>>
>>1834482
>>I will
>>
>>1834482
>>I will
>>
>>1834482
>I will
>>
>writing
>>
You nod. "I will"

"U-uhh... I guess I probably shouldn't ask questions if I can't get answers..." She says, before whispering to Coral. "What did he say?"

Coral looks to you.

You sigh and give a thumbs up, Coral relays this to Hella with a big smile.

"Great!" Hella says. "Do you think you could sit on his shoulder, or something? Just so I know where he is"

Coral does just that.

"That's his shoulder?" She asks.

Coral nods.

Hella tilts her head. "I think he grew... err, you grew" She says. "I was eye level with your shoulder back in Bell's Run"
"I grew? You say, as you trun to Coral. "Did I?"

Coral shrugs, and Hella giggles.

"I think I'm seeing one part of a conversation there..." She says.

"Yeah, I might just let you do the talking" You say, before pointing forward. "Let's go"

Coral smiles and mimics your gesture, and the 3 of you make your way to the stairs.

>1/2
>>
"-so the Hunters will be setting up a camp in the north to cull the monster population before winter" Hella says. She's being quite talkative... you wonder if this is what she's like when no one is looking. "And since they still need to rebuild the Bell's Run hall, I'm going to be going with them as a co-manager for the camp. It'll be a lot of work, but I think it'll be worth it"

"You did say you wanted to do field work" You say.

"I asked Stella if she wanted to come, but she's going to be staying in Locke" She says. "It's alright if I just keep talking, right? I know it's kind of a one sided conversation..."

"Go right ahead" You say, giving a thumbs up for Coral to mimic. "Not like I could reply..."

"Alright... he's still listening, right?" Hella asks Coral. "I know I'm kind of talking to myself, but it'd be weird if I was actually just talking to myself..."

You give another thumbs up, and Hella smiles.

"Good! Because I was having dinner with Tian and the spiders, and Tian was talking about moving her show to Leon" She says. "She's got a venue now and everything, so she'll-"

Hella stops talking as you reach the top of the stairs.

"This wasn't in the book" You say.

There's a wall ahead of you... meaning the only way through, is the door on your left.

"Wh-what do you think is in there?" Hella asks.

"Right... yes or no questions only" She says.
"We're about to find out" You say, as you open the door.

Hella jumps back. "W-w-w-w-what's doing that?" She asks.

"That was you, wasn't it" She says, putting her hands on her hips and giving a scolding look to the air beside you. "Let me open the door next time!"

"Fine, fine" You say, as you brush her off.

"Don't just brush me off! That scared me..." She says.

You look down at Coral. "Do you really have to mimic everything?"

Coral gives you a thumbs up.

You sigh and scratch her head, as you enter the room...

>2/3
>>
As soon as you step inside, you're struck by how very much gold there is here.

Sitting in the centre of the room, illuminated by a warm light is a massive pile of gold. Gold coins, ornaments, fine looking blades... enough to live on for a thousand lifetimes.

"Woah" Hella says, as she walks in behind you. "I've never seen so much gold in my entire life"

"And yours has been longer than mine..." You say, as you lean over to examine the pile. "I could just buy the Legion with this much, then tell them to go the hell away"

"I could get a palace with this kind of money... and servants... and servants for the servants" Hella says.

You chuckle at her enthusiasm, as you step away from the pile.

>A little gold never hurt anyone...

>Gold's not what we're here for

>Other
>>
>>1834606
>>Gold's not what we're here for
Goddamn traps.
>>
>>1834606
>>A little gold never hurt anyone...
>>
>>1834606
>Other
>I wonder if this place tries to erode you with sins?
>Gold's not what we're here for.
>>
>>1834606
>>Gold's not what we're here for
>>
>writing
>>
You shake your head. "A tempting offer, but gold isn't what we came for" You say. "Come on, let's see what's further up"

You look back to see Hella getting a little too close to the pile...

"I could... just take a few pieces" She says, as she slowly reaches out. But then she snatches her hand back, and takes a deep breath. "Screw it. What would servants do for me anyway, cook?"

"I like cooking" She says. "No way am I gonna pay someone to do it for me! Let's go"

Hella marches toward the opposite door and throws it open, you laugh as you walk after her.

As soon as you're past the door, it shuts behind you.

Hella turns to Coral. "Although... having someone to clean for me might be nice" She says. "Is it too late to go back?"

You stare at her for a moment, until she starts giggling. "I'm only kidding" She says. "Come on! Let's hit these stairs while I've still got the energy to keep going"

You nod. It is a lot of stairs...

"It's always stairs..." You say. "Why can't anything ever have an elevator..."

>1/2
>>
Hella talks the whole way up the stairs, about how things have been back in Locke.

"Oh, and the girls all miss you" She says. "Munchkin spent over an hour looking for something one day, until we finally asked what she was searching for, and she said she was looking for Honk"

"Aww..." You say.

"And the devils have been planning an ambush" She says. "you may want to approach the castle with caution. They've been very thorough"
"That sounds like them..."

You come up to the next door, and again there's no other way forward.

"I guess you can't depend on books sometimes" You say.
"Alright, let me open the door this time" Hella says, as she steps forward and does just that.

Both of you step inside. This room is fancy, and well decorated. There are 4 long tables, each absolutely covered in delicious looking food.

Just looking at it all is making you hungry... and you haven't eaten since Sherton...

>Just a bite...

>You can eat later

>Other
>>
>>1834726
>>You can eat later
>>
>>1834726
>Other
Grab some food on the go, no need to sit down.
>>
>>1834726
>>You can eat later
Yuu, remember Namaki's leftovers!
>>
>writing
>>
You'll have time to eat later. Once you've reached the top, you'll come back down and have a nice big meal with all of your friends. Until then, you can stand a little hunger.

"It all looks so good..." Hella says. "Is this nettori? Ohhh goodness, I can never get it to look that tasty..."

Hella starts eyeing the food all around, like she's deciding what she wants to eat first... then her stomach lets out a long, loud growl.

Her face goes completely red, and she immediately straightens up and walks to the next door.

You go after her and find her curled up in the corner, mumbling to herself.

"Ahh... so embarrassing..." She says.

"So that's why Munchkin drew her with the bear stomach" You say.

Hella turns her head sheepishly, looking at Coral. "D-did you hear it?" She asks.

>Tell her yes

>Tell her no

>Shrug

>Other
>>
>>1834796
>>Shrug
Too busy hearing my own stomach.
>>
>>1834796
>Tell her yes
>>
>>1834796
>>Tell her yes
>>
>writing
>>
You nod your head.

"Ohh..." She says. "M-my stomach can be a little... loud... sometimes"

A little loud... that actually sounded a bit like a bear.

"Coral, go pat her on the head" You say.

Coral salutes and glies over to Hella's head, giving it a light couple pats before flying back.

Hella doesn't look amused. "Fiiine. Let's go" She says, as he walks right through you. "Dinner is on you when we get out, though"

You shrug, and follow along. That sounds reasonable... depending on how much she plans on eating.

You go up the next set of stairs, to the next door. Hella stays quiet this time, seeming a bit more comfortable in the knowledge that you're beside her.

To be honest, you're glad she's with you. At least this way you aren't alone...

When you come to the next door, Hella pops it open and you go inside.

You see a throne sitting in the center of the room, with guards surrounding it, and a man standing beside it with a scroll.

You're ready for a fight, until the man with th scroll speaks up.

"My liege!" He says. "The throne is yours!"

You look around again, peering through the window to see people cheering for you. It all seems so real.

>Take the throne

>Keep moving

>Other
>>
>>1834866
>>Keep moving
What's next, one of the girls naked in bed?
>>
>>1834866
>>Keep moving
>>
>>1834869
ALL OF THE GIRLS

>>1834866
>Keep moving
>>
>>1834877
>ALL OF THE GIRLS
>Even Coral
>>
>writing
>>
>>1834869
A bunch of inquisition hats.
>>
>>1834940
Shit, that's a good temptation.
>>
>>1834940
Damn. I knew the gold pile was missing something.
>>
"No thanks" You say.

"Why tha- oh, heyyyy... I'm not royalty" Hella says. "Good day"

You take another look out the window at the crowd below... you realize that they aren't cheering happily. They're screaming.

The guards look solemn, not at all happy to see you... and you don't like the way the herald is smiling.

"My sentiments exactly, Hella" You say. "Well... except I actually am royalty... the good day part"

You both leave the room, feeling a bit more disturbed for what you had noticed.

"That was very strange" She says. "Something in there gave me the creeps"
"Me too" You reply.

You point up the next set of stairs, and Coral mimics you. Then you both continue onward.

This time, Hella gives Coral a finger for her to hold onto. "This way we can keep in contact... sort of" She says.

Again, you let Hella open the next door...

Inside this one is a vast library, possibly even bigger than the Archive. Thousands of books line the shelves, and thousands of scrolls and maps are strewn about the tables.

An old man comes around the corner. "Ah, a visitor" He says. "Welcome to the library"
"Hey..." You say. "Just what kind of books do you have in here?"

"Every kind of book, dating back to the time of heroes" He says, walking along one of the book shelves. "Pure Demons, Soul, the Ruins, guides on swordsmanship, the anatomy of demons... whatever you like"

>Take a book (specify)

>Ask him if anyone else has passed through

>No thanks

>Other
>>
>>1834983

>Ask him if anyone else has passed through
>>
>>1834983
>>No thanks
>>
>>1834983
>>Ask him if anyone else has passed through

>>No thanks
>>
>>1834983
>>Ask him if anyone else has passed through

>>No thanks
>>
>>1834983
>Punch him. Not today, monster.
>>
>writing
>>
"There is one thing I'd like to know" You say, as you look over the spines of the books. "Has anyone else passed through here?"

"Not to my knowledge, young man" He says.

You nod, finding what was bugging you about the books. All the spines are blank.

"Is there anything you would like to know?" He asks.
"Nah. You know what they say: ignorance is bliss" You say.

You head towards the door, finding that Hella is way ahead of you. She turns back to watch Coral approach.

"I don't think I need to know anything important enough that I'd want to read about it in a creepy place like this" She says.

"No kidding" You say, as the door shuts behind you.

"How about you?" She asks. "I might not have had anything to learn... but you've got tons of big questions, don't you?"

You and Coral shrug, and hella giggles.

"That is a very Yuu kind of response" She says.
"I'm a very Yuu kind of guy. Perhaps even the Yuuest... The Yuuest Yuu who ever Yuued" You say. "Man I'm glad she can't hear me..."

"Shall we?" She asks.

You nod, and continue the climb...

>1/2
>>
As you come up to the next door, you're struck by a sweet scent... like perfume. You enter the room, and find that it's one big bedroom. The bed is shaped like a heart, with sheets made of fine red fabric. There are several couches and tables around the room as well.

But it's empty...

"Well if it isn't Mr. Cutie" A voice behind you coos.

You turn to see 2 things: The door is closed, and Cheska. She's dressed in a lacy, revealing garment made of an almost see through fabric... or maybe it's not see through, and you've just learned how to see through clothing now.

"Did you miss me?" She asks as she walks up and embraces you, gently kissing your cheeks and neck.
"I think he did" Another voice says, as another person hugs you from behind. You aren't quite sure who it is, but judging by what you're feeling against your back, they have rather large breasts.

"Don't put words in his mouth" Cheska says as she holds your head, so you can't look away from her. "I wanna hear it from him"

"I did miss you... a bit" You say.
"So sweet" She says. "You got my letter?"

You nod.

"I thought of you with every kiss I put on it" She says. "Did you think of me?"
"W-well-"
"Did you think of how aaaall those kisses might feel-" She kisses your neck again. "-off the paper, and aaaaall over you?"

>I-I should get going

>A little...

>Other
>>
>>1835115
>I-I should get going
>I'm not ready for this kind of shenanigans in a spooky tower
>>
>>1835115
>>I-I should get going
DON'T FALL FOR IT, MY BOY.
>>
>>1835115
>A little...
>I-I should get going
>>
>>1835115
>>I-I should get going
>>
>>1835115
>The real Cheska would be poking fun at me by now
>>
>>1835115
>>I-I should get going

>>A little...
>>
>writing
>>
>>1835115
>Not following you here.
>>
>>1835142
We REALLY lucked out with there being no Inquisition hats in that first room.
>>
"... but how would you get them off the paper?" You ask.

Cheska giggles, giving you a seductive smile as she works her kisses down to your neck, and starts working at your belt.

"You didn't answer my question" She says.
"Alright... Maybe I did think about it... a bit" You say.

Her smile widens. "And when you were thinking about it, where were those kisses going?" She asks, as she slips her tail up through your shirt to touch your lips. "Here?"
"Mostly" You say.

Her tail slides down to your neck. "How about here?" She asks, as her tail slides lower. "Or here?" Lower... "Here? And perhaps even..." The pronged appendage slips under your pants. "Here"

"Okay" You say, as you push her away. "That's enough of that, Hella is-"

"Hella's right there, cutie" Cheska says.

You frown and turn around... sure enough, Hella is right there. She's dress similarly to Cheska, though she fills out the outfit quite a bit more.

"Look at her" Cheska says, as she takes your hands and moves them to Hella's breasts. "Doesn't she look so cute?"

"I should-"
"Shhhhh" Cheska says, pressing her tail against your lips. "She really does want you, you know. Look how innocent she looks? Don't you want to give her what she wants?"

You swallow hard, having some trouble thinking straight through the haze of perfume, and your own arousal...

You peel your eyes away from the Hella in front of you, and turn to see the real Hella. You can't see what she sees, but she's clearly in the same situation...

You feel... dirty. You pull your hands away from the Hella in front of you, and walk over to the real one.

"Where are yo going, cutie?" Cheska asks.
"Shh" you reply.

Whatever Hella's experiencing... she looks like she's about to kiss something... you have a bad feeling.

>What do?
>>
>>1835185
Uhhh, Soul Buckler?
>>
>>1835185
>tell Coral to grab here ear and get outta there
>>
>>1835185
Make her kiss Coral instead
>>
>>1835185
>Coral sharp tug on ear!
>>
>>1835192
This
Also can we shot a soul bolt at a wall to see if the shock reach and startle her?
>>
>writing
>>
"Coral, go give the real Hella a big kiss for me, would you?" You ask.

Coral salutes and flies over to Hella, interrupting whatever she was about to do. Sh playfully pecks Hella on the lips, and then beams her a huge smile.

"C-coral?" Hella asks. "Wh-w-w-w-what are you doing?"

Coral points at Hella.

"Me?" She asks. "Hang on... Coral, where is Yuu?"

Coral points at you, and Hella looks at whatever is in front of her. "Oh..." She says. "I see, I should just..."

She trails off and walks out of the room without another word, and you move to follow. But Cheska takes your arm and hugs it.

"Going so soon?" She asks. "Don't you want me to give you all those kisses?"
"Maybe I do" You say. "But you're not the one who sent the letter. The real Cheska is out there"
"I am the real Cheska" She says.
"The real Cheska would have laughed at my embarrassment" You say, as you notice something more. "And the real Cheska has red eyes"

You look at both her and the other Hella. Both of them have purple eyes... you're not sure how you didn't notice it before.

"I'll see you around" You say, as you head off after the real Hella...

You find her sitting on the steps, looking downtrodden. She smiles weakly when she sees Coral, who is back on her perch on your shoulder.

"Th-that was kind of embarrassing" She says. "I thought you were actually there..."

So she was about to kiss... you? Interesting...

Hella sighs. "Out of curioustity... and you don't have to answer, but... was I there for you too?" She asks.

>Tell the truth

>Lie

>Shrug

>Other
>>
>>1835251
>Tell the truth
>>
>>1835251
>>Tell the truth
>>
>>1835251
>>Tell the truth
>>
>>1835251
>>Tell the truth
>>
>>1835251
>tell her the truth
>shrug
>>
>writing
>>
You consider lying about it, but that wouldn't exactly be fair to her. So you nod your head.

"I-I was?" She asks, as her face becomes even redder. "O-oh my... was I dressed... uhh... provocatively?"

You don't actually know what provocatively means...

"N-nevermind! Forget I asked!" She says. "The next room awaits! Let's go!"

Hella turns and runs up the stairs without another word, while you take your time. You reach the top to find her sitting down, completely out of breath...

"Looks like someone needs to take it easy..." You say.
"I guess *huff* I'm a little *huff* out of shape..." She says, as she gets up. You wait with her while she catches her breath, letting Coral rub her back until she's ready to open the door.

"Thanks" She says.

You and Coral give her a thumbs up.

Hella opens the door, and you step inside.

This room is what looks to be a cozy living room, complete with a comfy couch and a fireplace.

On the couch, you see a woman with bunny ears, seemingly talking to herself...

Walking around the couch you see that it's Stella. She's not talking to herself, she's reading a book to a little girl that also has bunny ears.

Stella's face lights up when she notices you. "Welcome back!" She says, as she gets up, putting the little girl down so she can hug you and give you a smooch.
"H-hey" You reply, still confused about the child. It doesn't look like any of the other bunnies, so who-

"Papa!" The little bunny calls out, as she runs up and hugs your leg.

P-papa? As in father? Of a child? You? You blink in shock.

"I was just reading Mari a bedtime story. Why don't you finish the rest?" Stella asks, as she picks up the little bunny... Mari.

"I have to-"

Mari gives you the biggest sad eyes you've ever seen. "Please, papa?"

>Maybe I can stay for a bit...

>I have to go...

>Other
>>
>>1835327
>>I have to go...
Oh god, please no.
>>
>>1835327
>I have to go...
>You're not Stella, there's only one of them!
>>
>>1835327
>>I have to go...
>>Other
"I'll be back soon. Mom can take care of the rest of the story, and I'll read you a whole nother one."

God damnit you piece of work. I came here for fun, not feels.
>>
>>1835327
>I have to go...
>>
>>1835327
>>I have to go...
>>
>>1835336
This

And this maze full of distractions reminds me of blood moon and Yui
>>
>>1835327
Gold, knowledge, a kingdom, pah what a waste of time who could possibly fall for

>Mari gives you the biggest sad eyes you've ever seen. "Please, papa?"

Now that's just mean
>Maybe I can stay for a bit...
no no
>I have to go...
>>
>writing
>>
Don't say yes. Don't say yes. Don't say yes. Don't say yes. You have places to be, and you have no idea what happens if you stray in this place...

"Oh, go show papa your drawing!" Stella says with a smile, as she puts Mari down.

Mari runs around the couch to the table and grabs a piece of paper, before running back. On the way to you she trips, and whether it's against or with your instincts, you catch her.

"C-careful" You say.

Mari looks up with a big smile, as she hands you her drawing. "Look! It's you, and mama, and me" She says.
"What's that in the background?" You ask. "Up here in the sky?"
"That's grandma!" She says.

Don't say yes.

You let out a sigh, and stroke the little bunny's hair.

"Papa's got to go, okay?" You say.
"You do?" Mari asks.
"But sweetie, you just got here" Stella says.

You pick up the little bunny and hand her back to Stella. "Mama can finish the rest of the story, and I promise I'll have an even better one next time" You say.
"But..." Mari says, as her eyes start to tear up. "What if papa forgets about me?"

"I won't forget" You say, as you hold up her drawing. "I'll keep this on me"
"Promise?" Mari asks.

You nod, and the turn to leave before your heartstrings get tugged any further.

"Papa wait!" Mari calls out. "Papa don't leave!"

You go all the way through the door without looking back, and don't stop until you're out and it's shut behind you. You then look down at the drawing... it's still here, and it looks the same as it did in the room. You decide to fold it up and put it in your pocket, as you look around for your companion.

Hella seems to have been way ahead of you. She's curled up on the steps, crying. You send Coral over to comfort her, and she looks up when she feels the sprite patting her shoulder.

"This place is cruel..." She says. "Maybe I shouldn't have come after all"

You take a deep breath and wipe your eyes. "No kidding..."

>1/2
>>
You come up to the next door and enter the room, wondering just how many floors this place has... the tower was big, sure. But the trials are starting to grate on you...

This next room is empty, with the exception of a chair and a person in said chair. The person is...

"What the fuck?" You ask.
"Surprised?" The man in the chair replies.

It's you. You're sitting in the chair.

Has there been a mix up? Is this supposed to be Hella's version of the room?

He's not going to try and seduce you, is he?

"Trust me, I'm just as surprised as you are" He says. "Seeing someone else walking around in my body, after I died and left it behind..."

"What?" You ask. "Who are you?"

"I am you" He says.
"But... I'm me-... err, Yuu" You say.

He shakes his head. "I'm the you from before you" He says. "Welcome to the hall of the dead"

>What say?
>>
>>1835411
>Cool! How's it hangin- err sitting?
>>
>>1835411
"We're not gonna fight, are we?"
"Who exactly was I before?"
>>
>>1835411
Say nothing and keep walking, this place is getting wierder by the minute
>>
>>1835411
Prove it
>>
>>1835411
So, what is going on? Are the towers illusions? Portals to other realities? My own warped mind made real?
>>
>>1835411
>You don't seem very surprised.
>>
>writing
>>
"You don't look surprised to see me" You say.

"I knew you were coming" He replies.
"I'm not gonna have to fight you, am I?" You ask.
"No" He says.

"Oh..." You say. "Can I just leave?"
"Yep" He says. "This room is a bit harder for people who have actually lost loved ones, I think"

"That makes sense" You say. "Do you know how many rooms there are left?"
"This is the last one" He says. "Like I said... it's supposed to be harder"

You turn to Hella, to see how she's doing... just in time to watch her burst into tears and run out of the room...

"You can see her, can't you?" He asks.
"Yeah" You reply.
"Looks like I got prety strong after I died" He says. "Good. You'll need it. Go on, there's nothing much for us to talk about"

You nod and go after Hella, stopping before the door.

"How did you die?" You ask.
"Not sure. It's all kind of a blur to me" He says.

You nod, turning back around so you can take that last step, and letting the door shut behind you.

"Good luck" The other you calls, right before the door slams.

You sit down next to Hella, and attempt to put an arm over her shoulder... you know it won't work, but it's worth a try... and then your hand makes contact.

Hella jumps, and whips her head around. "Yuu?" She asks.
"Me" You say.
"It's really you, right?" She says.
"Definitely. Right Coral?"

Coral agrees.

Hella sobs, and throws herself into your embrace...

>Ask what she saw? Y/N
>>
>>1835471
Y
>>
>>1835471
>Y
>>
>>1835471
>Y
>>
>>1835471
>Y
>>
>>1835471
>N
>>
>writing
>>
"Who did you see?" You ask.

She sniffles. "An old friend..." She says. "An apprentice hunter, named Beth. She was like a third big sister to me..."

You nod, staying quiet and rubbing her back.

"She died on her first hunt" She says. "Instructor missed the signs that a Wyvern had moved in, and it swooped down on them mid-hunt"
"Oh..." You say.
"Th-they never found her" She says. "A lot of hunters that die in the field never get found"

You give her a squeeze, and then keep rubbing her back. It seems to soothe her, if nothing else.

"Who did you see?" She asks.
"Me" You reply.
"But you're alive"
"The me from before I was me" You say. "Everyone says that I sacrificed myself... I guess who I was must have actually died"
"You don't seem too weirded out by that" She says.

"Honestly, this entire experience has been incredibly strange" You say.
"You can say that again..." She says. "Should we continue? I don't think I wanna know what room is next"

"According to the other me, that was the last one" You say. "Which is probably why we can see and touch each other again"

"Thanks... for sticking with me" She says.
"Well I couldn't leave you there" You reply. "It's lucky Coral is weirdly unaffected by this place"
"Yes! And thank you, Coral" Hella says.

Coral smiles.

You talk for a while longer, and then start going up the stairs. Hella hugs your arm all the way up, and to be honest you don't mind the contact. It's a nice reminder that you're not alone...

When you reach the top of the stairs, you see Madelaine ready to draw her sword. She relaxes when she sees you.

"Oh... it's you two" She says. "Took you long enough"

It looks like Madelaine's the only one here...

>What say?
>>
>>1835525
You go through hell too?
>>
>>1835525
>>1835531
second
>>
>>1835525
I hope everyone else will make it through ok.
>>
>writing
>>
"You go through hell too?" You ask.

"Yep..." She says. "Faltered a few times, almost. The book room almost got me"
"What about the sex room?" You ask.

"I'm not talking about the sex room" She says. "That place was fucked up, and if you ever ask about it again I will kick you in the dick"

"So who was in there for you?" She asks.
"I thought we weren't talking about the sex room" You say.
"Now I'm fuckin' curious" She says. "I'll spill if you do"

>Tell her?
>>
>>1835575
Ill tell you if you tell me first
>>
>>1835575
>yes
>>
>>1835575
Ill tell you if you tell me first
>>
>writing
>>
"You first" You say.
"I ain't goin' first" Madelaine says. "You first"

You go back and forth a few times, until Hella interrupts you.

"U-uuhm..." She says, as she timidly raises her hand. "I-I saw Yuu..."

As soon as she's done speaking, she hides herface behind her hands.

"Well damn" Madelaine says. "You have a fan, I guess... I got you and Derrick, thankfully. The only alternatives would've been kinda gross... you?"

"Hella and Cheska" You say.
"Interesting mix" She says. "Don't know why, but I'm mildly jealous that I wasn't there..."
"Hey, I can alway get you one of the outfits that they were wearing" You say. "That way you can try to seduce me, and I can turn you down too"

"Ouch" She says.

"So what are you waiting here for?" You ask. "Hoping someone else will show up?"
"Absolutely" She says. "Look at the door.

You step up and check out the next door. It has 2 right hand prints on it.

"Can't get it open, and I didn't wanna end up like that guy" She says, pointing to a skeleton huddled in the corner.

"Did you try using the back of your left hand?" You ask.
"Yep" She says. "No luck"
"Dang..." You say. "Well let's give it a shot..."

You step up, and the two of you place your right hands on the door. As you press, you think it might not be working. But then something within clicks and the heavy door gives way, opening out into another staircase...

"More stairs?" You ask.
"Quit your whining" Madelaine says.
"I'll be surprised if I don't lose any weight after this..." Hella says.

The three of you go in, and up...

>1/2
>>
It would be nice to have a longer talk with the other Yuu, at least to know what did he do before.

He seemed like a cool guy.
>>
>>1835633
hey, if he said theres nothing to talk about than theres probably a reason
>>
The stairs lead straight up t the top of the tower, which is exposed to the open air. The storm that sucked the cloud down is raging all around you, but the area you're in seems calm.

"J-just how high up are we?" Hella asks.
"Pretty high" You say, as you look around.

There's a pedestal in the center of the roof, so you go over to it.

Resting on the pedestal is a green metal object, shaped like a whirlwind, with an emerald set in its center. It looks like it would fit perfectly into one of the slots from the cave...

"You stand on the monument to Raligos, Sovereign of Winds, and Divine Soul of mankind's will" Madelaine says. She's standing on the other side of the pedestal.

"One of the heroes?" You ask.
"What heroes?" Hella asks.
"Caian's allies" You say.

"Not of wind... Calist was the wind mage of Caian's heroes" She says.
"So who the hell is Raligos?" You ask, as you head around to Madelaine's side to read what's written there, while Madelaine goes to yours.

"This is definitely what we came for" Madelaine says.

"Hang on, this doesn't say Divine soul..." You say. "It says Deviant-"

The tower rumbles, and you look up to see Madelaine with the green emblem in her hand.

"Little warning next time, mayb-" You start, before the wind suddenly picks up, nearly knocking you off your feet.

You hold on to the pedestal, while Madelaine and Hella drop to the ground. The rumbling grows louder, but it doesn't sound like it's coming from below you...

Turning to the source of the noise, you see something emerging from the clouds. A large, bladed arm crashes down on the tower's roof, and then another, and then they pull the rest of the creature into view.

It looks like it's made of a storm cloud, though it's obviously not just vapour. It has glowing green eyes, and two arms that end in large blades.

"Shatter, frail humans" The beast says in a rumbling voice. "The winds howl your end"

You set your feet, and draw your blade.
>>
That's all for tonight!

This thread will continue tomorrow, and I hope to end this arc of BtG with it.

>>
>>1835663
Damn you smiley with the cliffhanger!

Thanks for running
>>
>>1835663
Thanks for running.
Also I just started rereading On a Devil's Whim, and I forgot how cute Selene was.
>>
>>1835663
Thanks for the run Smiley. Which room did you expect us to fail in the most?

Why wasn't Namaki in the sex room?
>>
>>1835675
Just who do you think the pair of large breasts were?
>>
>>1835663
Thanks smiley, can not wait for it
>>
>>1835678
Hella

>>1835185
>You frown and turn around... sure enough, Hella is right there.
>>
>>1835675
Too much fox lewds for one thread. Let the other girls try their hands at being seductive.

>>1835678
Hella

>>1835671
She was originally not going to have as big a role as the one she ended up with. But the players loved her, and I loved her, so she ended up in more and more scenes...
>>
>>1835684
>Too much fox lewds for one thread.
Never enough fluffy tail.
>>
>>1835663
I miss Cheska
>>1835675
Too much Fox already
Thread posts: 544
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.