[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wouldn't it be Lovely?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: 0007.jpg (707KB, 2000x1080px) Image search: [Google]
0007.jpg
707KB, 2000x1080px
You take a sip of your hot cocoa and look out through your apartment window, trying to see past the hoarfrost's swirly pattern on the glass. It's already December and Christmas is just around the corner. Today has been especially chilly with the thick morning mist lingering well past lunch and frost is clinging to every surface... it would have been nice if there was some snow, too, but one has to count their blessings.
You take another sip and put the cup down on a coaster before turning on the radio and sitting down in the armchair.

<All I want is a room somewhere
Far away from the cold night air>

Indeed, count your blessings.

<With one enormous chair
Oh, wouldn't it be loverly?>

"It is." You say to yourself. You like this song.

<Lots of chocolate for me to eat
Lots of coal makin' lots of heat>

You close your eyes and think back on your day. You went shopping at the new department store- well, the first one to be exact- and you feel as if you could spend the rest of your days simply browsing in it. What a great idea for an establishment!

<Warm face, warm hands, warm feet
Oh, wouldn't it be loverly?>

You bought a hat and two new outfits, and that café was lovely, they had the best cakes you've ever had. You must take your friends there someday soon. You close your eyes and lean back, simply enjoying the music and the warmth from the fire.

<It is 5 o'clock on the dot and it's time for your evening news. I'm your host, Andrew White and I hate to break the good cheer of our listeners, but today tragedy has struck.
Early this morning, Sir Anthony Allen was found dead in his hotel room in Cairo. For those unaware of Sir Anthony, twenty five years ago his expedition uncovered the intact tomb of Pharaoh Kekmun and has since had great success in his endeavours over the years. He has shared considerable wealth to noble causes and he will be missed by many.>

... Uncle Anthony?

<The police suspect foul play and early witness testimonies suggest that he suffered from what is believed to be arsenic poisoning. We will keep you updated on this gruesome story as it unfolds. Our next story is about the icebreaker...>

You turn off the radio in a daze. "Poisoned...? Why, why would anyone want to kill him? He..."-

Your thoughts are interrupted when someone bangs at your door.
"Julie!" It's a man's voice. "Julie Allen!" You don't recognize him. "Open the door! Hurry!"

>Open it
>Tell him to go away
>Pretend to be out
>?
>>
This is a new quest so I don't expect much participation this early. To get the ball rolling, I'll go with the option that first gets 3 votes or whatever has the most after 30 minutes and if it's a tie I'll roll a dice.
>>
>>1813472
>Tell him to go away

Dude's gonna ruin our hot cocoa.
>>
>>1813472
>Open it
>>
Rolled 2 (1d2)

1 Go away
2 Open it
>>
>>1813497
>>1813528
You're not sure that this is the right choice, but this frantic person showed up right after that terrible news on the radio. A part of your mind is sure that this is not a coincidence. Another part of you wants to just shoo him off and finish the hot cocoa. You decide to trust your gut and turn the lock and as soon as you lift the latch the door is yanked open and the man hurries inside.
"Thank you for opening up, I wasn't keen on having to break in." He says.
"Break in?" You ask, but he pays you no heed and keeps up his monologue.
"You're in danger, miss, and it's hot on my heels. We need to get out of here now." He pause for a second to look at you, "Get your wallet and put on your coat and best boots, you have one minute."
You want to protest, to question him, to say that you're not leaving anywhere without spare clothes but when you see him bring out a revolver and double check that it's loaded...
"Miss? Clock's ticking."

>Do as he says
>You have a GUN?
>You're not doing /anything/ without some answers first! (write in questions)
>?
>>
>You're not doing anything without some answers first!
>"What danger, exactly? You're asking a lot for someone who nearly broke in with a gun--any details you can give me before I run away with a complete stranger?"
>>
>>1813573
>>You have a GUN?
>"What danger, exactly? You're asking a lot for someone who nearly broke in with a gun--any details you can give me before I run away with a complete stranger?"
>>
>>1813573
>Do as he says
>>
Rolled 1 (1d3)

Maybe 30 minutes is a bit long.

>>1813582
>>1813588
>>1813602
Rolling, if 1 or 2 the question is locked in as well.
>>
>>1813582
>>1813588
>>1813602
No, you're putting your foot down! He barges in here without even introducing himself and casually admits to being prepared to commit a crime against you, and he has a GUN!
"What danger, exactly? You're asking a lot for someone who nearly broke in with a gun" you challenge. "Any details you can give me before I run away with a complete stranger?" you don't even have to put in any effort to sound indignant. "Terribly sorry miss, the name's Josh. I work for your uncle, I'm a problem solver." Josh checks his wristwatch and says "And right now you're giving me a problem."

Josh takes your fur coat hanging next to him in the hall and throws it to you and you catch it by reflex, next he picks up your boots in his left hand and firmly grabs your wrist with the other. "Time's up, we're leaving. You'll just have to dress on the way."

>Shake him off
>FINE, but let me put on my boots
>Scream for help
>?
>>
>>1813649
>>FINE, but let me put on my boots
>>
>>1813649
>>FINE, but let me put on my boots
>Then send a message for help
>>
Writing
>>
You don't like this man, and you sure don't feel that you can trust him but he looks and acts with confidence. There is no doubt in your mind that if he had wanted to harm you then he could have done so easily without this charade. You don't know what danger you are in and frankly, you don't want to find out.
"Fine! Let go of me, let me put on my boots or I'll freeze to death out there." You plead and he obliges. While tying the laces you try to come up with a way to call for help without bringing it to his attention but your options are few. Aside from simply calling for help there really is not much you can do. Pulling on the coat your hand brush against the coat hanger stand, you put some more force against it and topple it over. There- now it will look like you fled in haste or were kidnapped.
"Follow me closely and keep your head down" Josh orders and the two of you leave the apartment behind. You kicked at one of your shoes so that it fell across the doorstep and you nearly pump your fist when you notice that the door didn't properly close behind you. Hopefully one of your neighbours will notice it soon.

Josh hurries down the corridor and when you reach the stairwell he brings the gun to bear and aim down the stairs all the way to the ground floor... it is dawning on you that this is Danger with capital D and that his flavor of Problem is spelled with a capital P.

Entering the cold dark streets is never pleasant but tonight's weather seems to be tailor made for you, it's like you're in a radio drama. The wind is strong, whipping your face and the streets and buildings all glitter in the street light. The sun has already set and it is quite eerie, seeing the loose snow billow out from the crossroads, creeping low along the streets and dancing up into the sky.
"This way." Josh's words break your musings and bring you back to reality again. You've hurried down the lane for a few minutes and now you veer off into an alleway. It is wedged in between tall apartment buildings and is unlit save for a few windows here and there. "They've been following us, I didn't think they would be here already... damn it!" He hisses and slams his fist into the wall. "Damn it!"
"Who is following us? Who are they, what do they want with me!" it takes all your willpower to stop yourself from shouting- why the hell is this happening to you?

[1/2]
>>
>>1813868
[2/2]
"I don't know." ...What? He doesn't know? "Your uncle sent me here to keep you safe at any cost." Josh continues, "He was already sick back then. I could've dealt with the fuckin' rats but he forbade me, said it would just make them change their tactics." He looks at you and see genuine anger. "He willingly drank their poison because it would give me, you, more time. More time my ass, I barely had time to get off the ship before they were on my heels!"

Your uncle's murderers are trying to reach you... to do what exactly? Kill you? Kidnap you? Not only that, but he let them kill him, for your sake? This doesn't make sense, you only ever got to see him over the holidays and barely received any letters or telegrams, let alone replies to the ones you sent him.
"So," you swallow nervously, "Where do we go? What's the plan, you have a plan right? Please..."

"They saw us go in here, when they show their stupid faces I'm going to shoot them and then we run like hell."

>That's not a plan, that's just stupid!
>Oh no, oh no oh no...
>Okay... you know what you're doing right?
>?
>>
>>1813869
>>Okay... you know what you're doing right?
It's a stupid plan but it's not like we know better
>>
Alright, writing
>>
>>1813890
"Okay... you know what you're doing right?"
"Yeah. Hide over there." He nods his head to indicate a back door with a recess you can squeeze by to stay out of sight. It's about ten meters from Josh and you estimate there's another 15 to the other end of the alley. He's preoccupied, if you just snuck out now you might get away from him. You don't have any money and going back home is not an option but maybe you can hide out with one of your friends?

>Slip away
>Stay
>>
>>1814022
>>Stay
>>
>>1814022
>Stay
>>
Alright, our nerves don't get the better of us, writing
>>
File: 0005.jpg (139KB, 799x501px) Image search: [Google]
0005.jpg
139KB, 799x501px
You wait. And you wait. Standing stock still like this makes you painfully aware of just how cold it is, the wind stings with needles and you can't feel your nose or your fingers. You desperately want to rub your cheeks and blow on your hands but you also don't dare to give yourself away. Josh has not moved at all either, crouched behind a wooden crate. You tilt your head a little to get a better view when two shots ring out, the narrow alley amplifying the sound and you can swear you felt it reverberate through the wall you're leaning on. The two men he shot didn't even cry out, they simply slumped down where they stood and fell onto the sidewalk.
You don't have time to take in more of the scene as Josh sprints towards you, grab your hand and set off in a sprint at a pace you can't keep up with. He is dragging you along and it's all you can do to avoid falling flat on your face following his giant strides. You don't run out to the street but follow a bend to emerge in another block. Stopping to catch your breath and adjust your clothes before you continue Josh begins to speak. "Two down, two to go. They won't follow. If they're competent at all one of them should have broken off at the first gunshot to report and request orders or backup."
"You- you killed them..."
"Of course I did!" He snaps, "This is not a novella or a play, it's real life with real consequences!"
"Yes, but..." You don't even know what you're trying to accomplish. Deny the fact that two men just died because of... you? Is this your fault?
"Take this, you know how to use it? You just stick it in someone." Josh hands you a knife and you just stare at it. A knife, no, it's a weapon. It's not for slicing bread or peeling fruit but for killing things. A sturdy grip, a long pointed blade and serrations. Apparently fed up with you he thrusts it in your hand. "Take it, you'll never know when you will have to use it."
It's the perfect size for you, the grip feels comfortable in your hand and it scares you, how can it feel comfortable to hold a weapon? You let it slip out of your grip but before it can fall Josh closes his fist around yours and shove you into the wall.
"Now listen here miss, you take the bloody thing and you keep it close and you never lose it, ever." He growls. "I won't be able to stay glued to you every hour of the day, it's time for you to grow up and take care of yourself too." He lets you go and motion you to follow him and the two of you enter the street. To no one's surprise there is a lot of police activity, the shots must have been heard for miles around. "Don't be nervous, we're just a couple out on an evening walk. If they bother us it's to warn us to stay safe. [I]Don't look nervous[/i]."

[1/2]
>>
>>1814246
[2/2]
Like clockwork, a police constable stops to tell you to be careful and to head home, that there is a criminal on the loose. You thank him for the warning and continue on your way.

"We've got a destination. Your uncle told me to find you, keep you safe and take you to the safehouse in Cologne." Safehouse? The kind of hideout used by criminals, why did your uncle have those? "Problem is, the harbours aren't safe and I wouldn't put it past them to use pirates if we got onboard a ship. In two days the Dooley luxury zeppelin will take off from the London airstrip, and I believe I have a way to get tickets."

---
>Stopping here for today, it's getting late.
>Will resume tomorrow after work, in the future I believe Sundays is my best day to sit down for a long run.
>>
I got home late and had some chores piled up, I'm writing now. It will be up... some time in the near future.

Today will be short, no more than another 3 hours.
>>
File: 0004.jpg (100KB, 736x612px) Image search: [Google]
0004.jpg
100KB, 736x612px
The Dooley, a grand masterwork privately built by sir Todd Dooley. At first it was an entirely private venture but the construction met several roadbumps and the costs spiked to astronomical sums. Eventually Dooley dipped into the funds of his company Dooley & sons and found investors thereby turning it into a business venture instead of a simple boasting rights.
It has flown passengers across Europe for seven years and a single one stop, one way ticket costs hundreds of pounds. You have dreamed of riding in it, who hasn't? Dreams of stylish gentlemen fighting for your affection, for a chance to take your hand and ask you to accompany them. Of dancing in the ballroom above the clouds, of looking out the viewports and see whole flocks of birds keeping pace with the ship. They say that champagne tastes better at higher altitudes and you have been curious to know if it's really true.

How on earth will Josh be able to get tickets?

You follow your companion, having no real idea what to do in this situation. It's now 8 o'clock in the evening and in the past 3 hours you have had a stranger in your apartment, who was not only ready for breaking and entering and kidnapping- honestly you are not sure if you aren't technically being kidnapped as it is- and then you were on the run from you don't know who or why, watched as two men were killed, and now you are on the run from their companions as well as the police. If you close your eyes you can still remember how you thought this evening was going to play out. You'd sit at home, listen to a radio drama and read a romance novel that was warmly recommended by Elise, but most important of all is that you would be sitting by a warm fire and not walk outside in this torturous cold!

"Where are we going?" You ask Josh.
"Trying to find a room for the night, some place that serves food too would be nice."
"Well, there is the The Blue Lion inn not far from here, and The Miller's Backside... I have not been to either but they are famous."
"Yeah, I'm thinking flophouse. You never got your wallet, we can't afford to waste our money like that."
What? "What?"
"What?"
"Flophouse. You said flophouse."
"What about it?" He throws a casual glance back at you. "Oh I get it, the little miss has never lived rough," he smirks. "Worry not, I'll make a proper lady of you yet, a worldly, flea-bitten woman who can survive a whole day without taking a bath."

Is this brute for real?
"Is this your idea of a joke, Josh?"
"No, this is my idea of living. If you don't have a home to go back to, no relative's money to fall back on, you either become a bum or you share your sheets with the fleas."

>Alright, but I wish my protests to be heard and known.
>I am NOT going to sleep with fleas!
>ABSOLUTELY NOT
>I'm sure my friends would put us up for the night.
>?
>>
>>1817510
>>I am NOT going to sleep with fleas!
>>ABSOLUTELY NOT
>>I'm sure my friends would put us up for the night.
>>
voting closes in 15 minutes.
>>
>>1817538
Looks like you win! Writing
>>
>>1817510
>>1817538
This brute is for real.
"ABSOLUTELY NOT! I am NOT going to sleep with fleas!" You stomp your foot for emphasis. Twice. "I'm sure my friends would put us up for the night."
Josh raises an eyebrow in amusement. You're not trying to amuse him.
"You really think so?"
"Of course, they're my friends. Why would they turn us away?"
"Because I am a stranger they've never met? I'm hardly dressed to impress. Why, they might think you've fallen in with a bad man!" He has the nerve to laugh at his own joke. By Jove, this situation is so messed up, the fact that it's not actually a joke makes your stomach turn.
"Then you may sleep on the street like the vagrant you are." Hmph!
"Hey, hey... miss, deep breaths. Calm down. Just calm yourself and lead the way."
"The Milton residence is on Baker street, only three streets down that way." You say and point south. "Sarah will definitely let us in."
He just shakes his head and makes a face like he's simply going along with an obstinate child. Oh he makes you so angry! Why couldn't he be more cavalier, oh you'd settle for a gentleman or even go so far as to accept 'less rude'. Now it's your turn to shake your head.

You lead down the empty streets. There is not a soul in sight and aside from Josh your only companion is the eerie whistle of the wind. You stop in front of the Milton's and shake the snow off your coat and boots and with a curt gesture tell Josh to do the same. Once he's made an attempt to look presentable you walk up to the door and knock sharply. You wait for a few moments, long enough that you start believing that no one will open up. You raise your hand to knock again when you hear the latch being removed and soon the door opens a crack.

"No solicitors, bums or vagrants are welcome in this house at this hour." A young female voice says, it must be Emma. You hear a snort and choked laughter from behind you and you dearly wish to kick him in the shins.
"Emma, dear? It is I, Julie. Allen. I am here with J-"
"Jonathan Stark. My pleasure." he interrupts.

Emma opens the door a little more and peeks out at you. "Oh, miss Allen I didn't realize... please accept my apologies, but, uhm, I can't let you in."
What?
"What? Excuse me, but why not?" What the devil is this?
"U-um, the radio news um, they say you planned the murder of your uncle to receive your inheritance. I- I'm afraid you need to leave." Emma shuts the door in your face and locks it. "Please, we don't want any trouble."

>I did what?
>Slander! I won't stand for this, the news are lying!
>Josh, perhaps you should take the lead...
>?
>>
>>1817650
>>Josh, perhaps you should take the lead...
>>
>>1819740
You're stunned.
Sarah, one of your oldest friends, let her maid throw you out, not even showing you the courtesy of telling you herself. You want to protest but you can't find the words and before you can regain your composure Josh taps your shoulder.

"It's time to leave."

"Perhaps you should take the lead..." you manage to croak.

You trudge behind him with leaden limbs and heavy footfalls. The wind has picked up but you barely register the biting cold or the flurries of snow like razor hail assaulting your exposed skin. It smatters against your exposed skin already beaten red and your lips are frozen and threatening to split. Still it's beneath your notice preoccupied as you are with trying to understand this terrible feeling you have, the one word that repeats itself over and over is betrayal- is that really what this is?

At least Josh isn't mocking you anymore. He knew this would happen and he found the thought entertaining enough to joke and follow along. Did he just want to see you suffer is that it?

At some point, Josh had taken your hand and began to pull you along. You vaguely remember your steps faltering and you suppose he got tired of keeping your pace. You walked for a long time and the hour is late, the city pitch black except for the flames dancing in the streetlights. The heavy clouds shroud the night sky and in the snow the lamps are little more than will-o-wisps leading you nowhere. You have reached a poorer district, you can tell by the old brick and mortar on the surrounding buildings bulging out like they are threatening to collapse.

You end up at an inn that can only be described as shabby, the plaster on the wall is peeling off and there is black mold growing in every corner that you can see. Josh strides on to what is a reception by name only. A thin table in front of an empty doorway and a stool with no proprietor in sight. He knocks on the table and calls out and after a short wait you spend inching closer to the center of the room to avoid catching whatever diseases lurk in the walls, a rotund man with a flabby, sagging face appears.

[1/3]
>>
>>1824324
[2/3]

"Sorry for the late arrival, was wondering if there's room for two?" You tune out of their conversation, your mind drifting back to the incident earlier.
... "Is there a radio in the room?" You hear Josh ask.

"One's in the common room, in there." The fat man replies and points to a door on your left. "Your room's through there, through the first door on your right at the end of the corridor."

"Thanks. You got any good drink here? I feel I need something strong before bed." Josh says, the man nods and goes into the back and returns with a bottle of whiskey and a glass. Josh slips him some money and takes both nodding at you to follow as he opens the door to the common room with his shoulder.

Inside is an old looking couple playing cards. The room isn't much, two tables with chairs, a fireplace and two solitary groups of armchairs. The radio is on a stool next to one such group. Very economical. The two of you sit down by it after saying hello to the couple.

"The news should be on any minute now..." Josh comments while turning the dials to get reception and he eventually nails a frequency with little static which is a bit surprising considering today's weather. You don't answer. You feel sick just imagining what they're going to say about you.

<-ck on the railroad. No injures have been reported and a team will be dispatched early tomorrow morning to shovel out the train. If an-

"Nice weather we're having don't you think?" Josh says. Again, you don't reply. You're not ignoring him, not really, but you just can't find anything to say. He sighs and pour himself a glass and hands you the bottle. "Stop moping already, I need you to be sharp." He says.

"A bottle of whiskey will have the opposite effect." You counter.

"Ah, but it's not a full bottle!" he replies and takes a long sip. "Take a mouthful or two already. Chin up."

It's not like it can get any worse and if nothing else you suppose it will help you sleep.
>>
>>1824327
[3/3]

<-des the report. Today we reported that Sir Anthony Allen died in his hotel room on the night to today. Initial findings said that he had suffered arsenic poisoning for a length of time and as of two hours ago the police is ready to confirm that it was indeed foul play. Investigations found that Sir Allen had signed a new will a few weeks back. In the new will, instead of donating a majority of his wealth to a range of charities, all of his money and properties are to be given to miss Julie Allen. Strong evidence suggest that she is responsible fo->

You turn off the damned thing and chug.

"Let's turn in for the night," Josh takes the bottle away from you and whispers "we'll talk in the room."

"As I thought," Josh hands the bottle back to you, "You've been framed."

"But why!" You just want to scream.

"So they can take you. It's not kidnapping if it's a police officer who makes an arrest."

"What do you mean by that?"

He shrugs. "I still don't know who they are, but they likely have strong ties to both the news media and law enforcement. They want to capture you make no mistake, and they'll use any means." His tone is unusually serious. Pausing and waiting for you to lock eyes with him, he then says "and I'll use any means available to stop them."

>To be continued.
>Setting the stage for Sunday's session- I'll finish up this bit tomorrow or friday and if all goes well the session will set off with a bang.
I apologize for such a wall of text with little to show for it, it took much, much longer to write than I thought.
>>
>>1824329
You fall asleep not long after and wake up with an awful headache. The light streaming in through the window hurts your eyes and you resign yourself to your fate. You drift in and out of sleep, at one point you saw the note Josh had left. 'Stay here today. I'm making things ready.' It must be about the airship tickets...

Sometime around late afternoon he shows up with two large bags.

"Rise and shine. The day is almost over you know?"
"Mmmm"
"I've got some stuff for you, at least sit up."

A bottle of hair dye, an evening dress, some regular clothes.
"What is all this for?" you ask.
"We can't look like bums on a luxury ship. You still asleep?" he shrugs. "Look, I got a suit. Nice, huh?"
"So it is."
"A little enthusiasm, please. Getting my hands on all of this wasn't easy."
"Did you steal it?"
"What? No. No, why would you think that? It's much easier to pay with fake checks." he says with a smug grin.
"That's fraud."
"One of my specialties!" he bows deeply with the grin still plastered on his face. "Now it's your turn to be a little fraudulent. Use that and dye your hair, a simple but effective measure."

You end up doing as he says. You're not happy about it, you've always been proud of your natural hair color but it will be worth it if the two of you can manage to give those people the slip. While you have the room for yourself you also try on the outfits and they all properly fit. You decide to not think any more about this.

"Tomorrow is the big day. Are you ready?"

>As much as I can be
>No, not really
>Is there something I should know?
>?
>>
>>1835945
>Is there something I should know?
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.