[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hiro's Concensus Agreement #2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 327
Thread images: 45

File: IMG_20160921_161515.jpg (159KB, 1440x721px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160921_161515.jpg
159KB, 1440x721px
Last thread here: >>684295

Hiro needs a concensus agreement from each board about what they want to see changed, as well as an overall concensus on what the site needs.

So far, most are in agreement that moderation is a serious issue on here, and that nothing will ever be fixed until the current moderation system is overhauled
>>
File: IMG_20160921_161932.jpg (88KB, 800x593px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160921_161932.jpg
88KB, 800x593px
This image comes courtesy of /asp/. This was the concensus agreement reached by the entire board on what they want changed.
>>
>>687789
Have sex. Get a clue.
>>
>>687788
>moderation is a serious issue
This is a consensus only in the sense that "change is needed" is a consensus. Until you can get people to agree on what that change is, it's not actionable.
>>
I think the mods should post more to let the users know they actually care about the site
>>
File: IMG_20160921_162542.jpg (438KB, 1440x2241px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160921_162542.jpg
438KB, 1440x2241px
This is what /pol/ has agreed on

>>687795
Actually it is. Mods need to go, period.
>>
>>687803
>Mods need to go, period.
If you think that there's a "consensus" to do this on most boards I have a bridge to sell you.
>>
>>687801
They don't. They fucking hate us and don't care about this site at all. We need mods that actually do care, and right now we don't have that
>>
>>687804
So then what should be done?
>>
>>687803
I like everything in the picture expect the ban canada, thats a bit harse
>>
>>687808
Sacking all the moderators without a plan to replace them would be like overthrowing the government and expecting things to just magically work out. It's absurd even on its face. If you going to make a serious proposal of it, there needs to be a plan, and I find it highly unlikely that Hiroyuki is going to come up with one for you (or at least one better than "pick random people from /qa/ to be moderators", or some half-assed voting scheme that would end up with 10,000 votes for Barneyfag). After that, you need to get a "consensus" on 4chan that your plan should actually be executed, and that's only if you somehow manage to do it without the existing mods suppressing you. I find this an astoundingly unlikely idea.

If you want change, you have to either convince the mods, overthrow the mods, or try and find some way of sneaking in change as a user that doesn't affect the mods at all. If you think the second is the likeliest and best way of getting what you want, you go for it. I doubt there's a consensus for it.
>>
>>687808
Also, this is a shot in the dark - but please tell me you're not both Catholic Anon and also the guy who made 20+ chained metathreads on /a/.
>>
In terms of /a/, they mostly want to see world filters on shit like kys and cuck. They also want mods who actually give a shit about anime and the board and will crackdown on off topic posts
>>
representative of /a/ here. we've consensually decided that we want /ma/ to separate from ourselves. anime is cool and mature. manga is for children who cannot watch a screen for 20 minutes in a row
>>
>>687825
>you have to either convince the mods
Yeah that's never gonna happen.

>Overthrow the mods
More like have Hiro remove them one by onen until we have an all new team established. I actually brought up ways to fix the mod situation:

>>684062
>>684071
>>
>>687829
okay
>>687832
complete faggot
>>
File: your opinion.gif (2MB, 343x196px) Image search: [Google]
your opinion.gif
2MB, 343x196px
>>687803
>phoneposter
>>
>>687835
>More like have Hiro remove them one by one until we have an all new team established.
I can't imagine the scenario that causes this to happen smoothly.

Furthermore, your posts are full of conspiracy-theory-tier garbage. Find a single capcoded post or a single line from the IRC logs that has a mod announcing that he finds leaving CP and bestiality on /tv/ amusing. I certainly wouldn't vote for someone with your level of ability to separate truth for bullshit.

Seriously, what year was it, would you say, that moderation changed from "acceptable" to "they all must go"? Or was it just always intolerably awful?
>>
>>687835
>More like have Hiro remove them one by onen until we have an all new team established.
If I were a mod, and I knew I was getting sacked, I'd either have fun or resign immediately and go do something more fun.
>>
>>687788
Moderation for /a/ is nonexistent.

Case in point, the cancerous Trap Generals made by Trapfags who are also cancerous crossboarders from /soc/ and /lgbt/.

>>>/a/147458930
>>>/a/147514475

They aren't interested in anime and manga at all and are more invested in making an offtopic shitty >>>/soc/ >>>/lgbt/ general on /a/ where they can attentionwhore and blog about their real life sexual actives, experiences, and relationships.

They also have no problem posting 3DPD pictures of real life traps and engaging in Erotic Roleplaying with each other all the time.

Plenty of people have reported the trap threads but the current mods don't do anything about them and have warned people for even reporting images of real life 3DPD traps.

The trapfags don't even have the pathetic excuse that those traps are in cosplay when those real life traps they keep posting are just in regular clothes.

I wish Hiro sees my post and ask the mods for /a/ why they think discussions of Eating Cum and Anal Masturbation aren't immediate bannable offenses on /a/.
>>
>>687933
>why they think discussions of Eating Cum and Anal Masturbation aren't immediate bannable offenses on /a/.
Probably similar to the reasons they think arguing over linguistics, visual novels, 3DPD or roleplay/avatarfaggotry is perfectly fine in the DJT threads, as they never delete that shit. It would be interesting to see how the fuckers respond to someone like Hiro asking why the fuck those sort of posts don't get moderated, despite being reported. Wonder what sort of excuses they'd use and how they would try to blame anons for them not doing their jobs.

Getting fucking sick and tired of it, you can only report shit for months, years on end without response before feeling like either giving up on 4chan entirely or becoming a crazed spammer as some sort of crazed means of getting back at the system. I've been given so many warnings for "abusing" the report function over the years for reporting shit on /a/ that has fucking nothing to do with anime or manga.

Yet post a CR thread and suddenly moderation exists and is willing to hand out month long bans. Pretty much the only way to tell if anyone is logged into moderate, and also a sign that they are blatantly ignoring reports, as those janitors don't exist.
>>
>>687946
>muh board culture
>>
>>687948
I remember /a/ before we had a captcha and catalog. I also remember /a/ before it had generals.
Do you?
>>
>>687853
So you don't agree that the mods don't need to go right.
>>
>>687952
4chan doesn't "need" anything. It could quietly sail into a sea of shitposts and irrelevance and nobody would die over it.

And it's useless to ask whether the mods should go unless you can figure out whether the mods who would replace them would be better. Compared to "no mods at all" the current situation is far preferable. Compared to "future mods" it depends on what those mods would be like.
>>
>>687963
Jesus christ are you fucking stupid? Are you that dumb to not open your fucking eyes and see the damage the mods are doing? Go to /g/, go to /a/, go to /tv/, go to /tv/, go to /v/ and go to /pol/.
>>
I'd be interesting to see the mods, maybe not jannies, but the mods completely replaced by a staff of people Hiro picked from his own online connections, and have them moderate to the metal, so to speak, and have that be a rocky but effective means of smoothing out the kinks and getting used to the general culture of different boards. Sure, it would probably result in an excessive amount of bans, initially, but it would calm down and the moderators wouldn't be associated with the cancer that has been allowed to flow in and out of how mods were originally selected and the resultant moderation culture.

RapeApe and his cronies are probably the worst thing to happen to 4chan in the past few years, in terms of moderation. They care about their experience more than ours. Fuck that noise.
>>
>>687853
Better yet, I'll just show you the leaked IRC logs that prove my points. But noooooooo I bet you think they're fake
>>
/f/ consensus

Most people wanted the rules changed to something like
"1. Don't upload anything that violates copyright.
2. Don't upload redirectors or exploits (such as popup spawners).
3. All other flash content is allowed"

This is because the moderation team doesn't come to /f/ and doesn't know how it works. Currently nothing on /f/ will get deleted unless it is reported enough times, which is fine by the community. However we want the rules to be changed to this in case a mod does come and try to enforce them, nothing that the community wouldn't agree with removing would be removed according to new rules.

They also wanted an increase in the cooldown time of a flash, from 24 hours to something longer like 48 hours or more.
The flash board is something unique, however due to the cooldown only being 24 hours you could check back in a day or so and see new threads of the same flashes, in essence this encourages posting of the same content over and over again, similar to how some people dislike generals.

Everyone agreed that the captcha timeout bug should be fixed. People with slow Internet can't upload flashes of a certain size before the captcha times out their verification. Everyone should be able to post any flash within the size limit.

Anon's also wanted an increase from a 10 mb limit to something more like 20, although there were some concerns about shitposting, which happens regardless of the limit. An increase to 20mb would allow for more classic flashes to be posted and more room for OC.

An [M] tag got discussed but there wasn't a consensus. People on the opposing side were concerned that an [M] tag would encourage low quality flashes to always be posted. This tag is essentially redundant because of the [L] - Loop tag which already exists. It's not having the tag doesn't prevent people from posting music oriented flashes.

http://archive.4plebs.org/f/thread/3149760/ http://archive.4plebs.org/f/thread/3149938/ http://archive.4plebs.org/f/thread/3149947/
>>
>>687965
But does Hiro still have those connections after what happened with 2ch?
>>
ERP isn't an /a/ only problem, it's a sitewide problem, because the only place it's actually tolerated is on the literal garbage dump of the website (/trash/).

Considering how pervasive the sort of thing is and how active the threads are on /trash/ despite all that, the best thing Hiro can do is make a new RP board of sorts (a blue board), because if those people actually have a place to go to do those things, surprise surprise, they won't post them in places they don't belong, like /a/ trap threads, /vg/ generals, etc.
>>
>>687964
>Are you that dumb to not open your fucking eyes and see the damage the mods are doing?
I only browse one of those boards, but presumably it's the same thing they've been doing the past many years.
>>
>>687966
I downloaded the entire set of logs to my computer the day they came out. Give me the date and the name and I can provide you the cite myself - if you can.
>>
>>687974
The logs themselves have everything you need to show how corrupt the mods are
>>
>>687968
Not those moderators, he has done a lot of other stuff online with Internet businesses. Then again, they probably aren't likely to do it for free.
>>
>>687978
If Hiro is willing to do it, then lets go for it
>>
>>687975
I asked you for a specific reference to justify a specific claim that you made, not a general allegation about shitty mods that would require me to reread gigabytes of text in order to satisfy your autism.
>>
>>687980
>autism
Yet another buzzword used as an attempt to close discussion.
>>
>>687981
The discussion is wide open. You're free to substantiate your claim at any time.
>>
File: 1461758599122.gif (348KB, 350x233px) Image search: [Google]
1461758599122.gif
348KB, 350x233px
>>687803

>Mods need to go

Kek. Shut up, faggot. You speak for no one and I saw your "consensus" threads and polls and over 50% of people said "CHANGE NOTHING"

Fuck outta here
>>
File: threeblindmice.jpg (99KB, 1100x619px) Image search: [Google]
threeblindmice.jpg
99KB, 1100x619px
Oh look, the 8gag faggots made another thread trying to justify their mod hate. How quaint.
>>
>>687788
isn't this why we elect reps? It looks like only /r9k/ has one. People need to start elections up.
>>
>>687789
When is Hiro going to implement the change?
>>
>>688018
>reps
lol, nice meme

>>687996
Get AIDs modcuck
>>
>>688018
>reps
lolwut?
>>
>>687789
Mods first then split. No exceptions.
>>687793
Fuck off Reddit.
>>
>>688359
Split first then mods. There will be less people to deal with. Plus the moderation isn't going to be fixed that soon
>>
>>687991
You don't get it. He makes the claim, then you have to disprove it. That's how 4chan logic works. Fuck off to reddit with your "evidence" and "burden of production."
>>
>>687789
that was not a consensus dipshit0
>>
>>687803
you do know making long bans for threads that trigger you will just encourage ban evaders to make more of them out of spite right?

as a phone poster you should know that 95% of posters here can ban evade right?
>>
/a/ is in chaos right now. Do not take anything as a fact if someone makes a post like>>687832, thank you, have a nice day.
>>
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand nothing will come of this, he'll pretend to not understand Engrishu and he'll come back in two months and repeat.

He doesn't mind the money gained from us looking at his malware ads.
>>
The only consensus I remember in /jp/'s thread a week ago was that we want generals gone. A fair amount of us have grown tired of the empty /c/ image dump threads as well.
I think a lot of boards are experiencing lax moderation these past few days and I'm curious as to why. This isn't a complaint, but an observation.
>>
File: oh-my.png (38KB, 160x154px) Image search: [Google]
oh-my.png
38KB, 160x154px
Please ban the Source Engine from all boards. All it does is ruin everything. Mods can stay, /pol/ is fine, but Source is the most destructive force 4chan has ever known and it needs to fucking go.
>>
>>688530
reminder to never trust a namefag
>>
IDs for /vg/

Shit's too much of a mess
>>
File: filters.jpg (52KB, 403x676px) Image search: [Google]
filters.jpg
52KB, 403x676px
Proposed amendment for /pol/, new filters.
>>
File: 1474298357978.png (248KB, 640x5381px) Image search: [Google]
1474298357978.png
248KB, 640x5381px
>>687788
Make janitors random. Just sometimes when you refresh a page you'll get a post out of the janitor queue (that is not one you submitted). There will be no backlog and people won't be able to complain about mod being a faggot and playing favorites because they are the mods.

Boards will self regulate their topics because the most popular rule positions will be judged by the population of the board.

Abusing the system--submitting too many rule violation posts that are not approved by random judges will need steps of discipline. Start with a warning, then progressively longer bans.

Mods still need to be vetted and known people because they are responsible for the illegal queue.
>>
>>688627
--I missed a point.
I think for the boards to self regulate with this idea, the random refresh giving you a post from the rule violation queue will need to be limited to whatever board you are currently browsing.

If you browse /a all the time and sometimes you're called on to judge a post, you probably have as good a grasp on what the board culture wants as anyone.

If you delete the.post or whatever, it was probably fine. Remember people bitch about current moderation all the time anyway. If you think it's okay and people really hate it and keep flagging it, it will keep returning to the queue, either until the flaggers are booted for rule violation reporting, or until it finds a random.judge that agrees it's a rule violation.
>>
>>688611
>lesbian = fishbucket

Perfect
>>
>>687805
No shit. If i was a mod I wouldn't give a rats ass about this site. Its bunch of faggots influx with cancer from faggeddit

Mods had always let the community fix itself. When mod police the shit of this site it sucks, why should they waste put real effort when the are doing it for free.
>>
>>688630
No just hide/filter posts its not hard
>>
>>687788
Let quests back onto /tg/ already. That's our consensus right there, and most /qst/ users want that board deleted.
>>
>>687803
actually the consensus is /pol/ needs to be removed
>>
>>688611

These are good suggestions, I'm impressed.
>>
>>688495
>>>/asp/1761072
>>
>>688679
there is no consensus in that thread whatsoever
>>
>>687996
>Only someone from 8/gag/ hates mods!
I love this meme.
>>
>>688641
I am an oldfag and actually agree with you, but everyone bitches about it so much I would concede just to reduce the meta threads. Like the vr shit. I don't think it would actually be a big problem to have gba, but I'm so pisses d at the gba/6th gen shills for not shutting up about it for like a year at this point that I want to have them fuck off to a containment board--they have never stopped with these meta isn't gba retro now threads. The reason I'm here is to enjoy the shitposting, not metashitposting.
>>
>>688611
Looks shit
>>
>>688688
>>>/8gag/
>>
Hiro if you're reading this, please try to find an alternative to Google's captcha.
>>
File: GBA.png (236KB, 676x405px) Image search: [Google]
GBA.png
236KB, 676x405px
>>687788
/vr/, by overhelming majority vote and lots of discussion, the consensus calls to allow the GameBoy Advance (GBA) to be added to the allowed consoles.

For years many on /vr/ have wanted to allow GBA, but mods never let. It has lots of connections with retro consoles through franchise continuation(eg. Wario Land 4, Sonic Advance, etc), and over all style(eg. graphics, 2D platformers, etc), and is the only system of the GameBoy family not allowed on /vr/.

The Sega Dreamcast (the only other sixth generation console allowed on /vr/) has been allowed for a long time now due to it's similarities with the older consoles, so there's no reason why GBA should be held off any longer for the same reasons. We couldn't please everyone (those who wanted more, or less), but at least it's only GBA. Consensus agrees the remainder of the sixth generation(GameCube, XBox, and PS2) do not relate to the retro consoles nearly as much as the Dreamcast and GBA do, so they remain banned from /vr/.

http://www.strawpoll.me/11225706/r
http://www.strawpoll.me/11234131/r
>>
>>688837
That's the least of the things that should be allowed on /vr/ imo. I'd be happy just to be able to discuss PCSX2 there.
>>
File: 1474560005206.jpg (548KB, 1861x961px) Image search: [Google]
1474560005206.jpg
548KB, 1861x961px
Can cgl please get a fucking janitor at least?
>>
>>688846
>PS2

They don't seem to want PS2, but by all means, go make a discussion thread over there and give it a try. I'm willing to accept whatever a /vr/ consensus wants. Except that "make a new board for 2000s games called /v2k/" meme, which does not solve the reason why we want GBA in the first place: to talk about it's games in conjunction with its predecessors/similar games on previous consoles. If being told to go to another board, at that point, we'd just go to /v/. Which makes that new board pointless.
>>
>>688869
TEETHED
>>
>>688869
make a separate thread about it and post to the feedback page, also report all the teeth threads
>>
>>688874
I've reported them all, but it's no good because evidently there just aren't any mods or janitors or fucking anything for cgl
We have shock porn stay up for days
>>
>>688837
How would changing it so that the allowable tech to discuss moves up a generation with each new generation of released consoles?
>>
>>688896
Because then the old 8bit stuff gets dropped off the board.
>>
File: 1464344758571.png (13KB, 514x133px) Image search: [Google]
1464344758571.png
13KB, 514x133px
>>
>>688642
Second.
>>
>>688640
Well then the mods can start looking for new free jobs soon.
>>
>>688532
>not blocking ads

Retard.
>>
>>688642
No. Quests do not belong on /tg/. We have wanted them gone for years.
>>
>>688942
Second.
>>
>>688642
Quests were no bother, so they should return to create a more living environment where people can do stuff, create stuff rather than banning everything that does not fit some narrowminded and subjective description of what belongs on /tg/

If that means /qst/ will wither and die, then it was never meant to live in the first place. Too much fragmentation is unhealthy for a discussion board, after all.
Maybe have an eye on the amount of quest threads, should they become too numerous, the decision might be open for debate again.
>>
>>688988
they were terrible. I could have them all hidden and only see one real thread on a page.

I wonder why cyoa and some ofbhe other quests didn't transfer
>>
I have a proposal, rename /qst/ as E/qst/ria, make it the quests and ponies board, piss everyone
>>
>>689136
pls

no
>>
/pol/ needs 500 bump limit, there's a unanimous consensus on it. Biggest board has a bump limit of only 300.

Remove repeating digits from post numbers as well, like the update that /b/ had which removed them.
>>
>>688988
>quests were no bother

Fuck off with this shit. Questfags were the most reviled users on /tg/. We BEGGED for you to be gone for years. There's a reason that you all had to label your quests as "Quest" in the subject line- if you didn't, even with the mods' protection (which you had from the start- don't deny it) your quests got shitposted to oblivion. Even with the label you had shitposting.

Quests were pushed onto /tg/ for years before you got here, and just because the hatred for you wasn't a roaring fire of constant hate doesn't mean you were welcome. It means that after 5 years of the mods buttfucking you and shitting on the rest of us that they beat us down.

Quests are NOT WELCOME on /tg/. You have a board. You aren't entitled to ours too. When your board was made you bitched and whined and refused to use it because "there's no rule," and you insisted that if you didn't use it that the board would die and you'd have your way. Guess what? Now there's a rule and you entitled faggots are still whining.

Quests are just as bad as Hunger Games threads. We don't want them, and if they can't sustain a board without parasitizing another board and hoping people accidentally click your quest then they deserve to die.

Quests ARE NOT /tg/. We will never accept you. We never wanted you. Fuck off and die.
>>
>>689289
Nice opinions.
>>
>>689301
*facts
>>
File: okay.jpg (21KB, 182x325px) Image search: [Google]
okay.jpg
21KB, 182x325px
>>689289
Okay.
>>
CYOAs, risk, other games should be moved to /qst/
>>
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD LEAVE /a/ ALONE ALL THOSE CONSENSUS THREADS ARE FULL OF NEWFAGS AND CROSS BOARDERS WHO WANT THEIR SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE BOARDS OR WANT TO DESTROY /a/!!!

Just leave /a/ alone except maybe ban some generals but for the love of God leave /a/ alone!
>>
If these threads have accomplished something, is showing that:

>everyone knows that 4chan is a shithole
And
>nobody has a clue about what to do about it
>>
>>689360
We need to kick out the blatant redditors and newfags.
>>
>>689360
It is simple we need to go back to 4chan's basics which is an anonymous image board that does not save discussion.
Tripfags and generals are not 4chan, they are reddit.

I never understood the purpose of generals it is 90% chatroom and shitposting 10% discussion.
>>
I wish Hiro would just remove all the SJW mods. Right-wing discussion, no matter how tame and board-related is banned while liberal discussion is fine. You can't make a right-wing post without it getting deleted or being banned for "/pol/".
>>
>>689289
this. /tg/ is now bearable to browse without questfags (of which 99% have no interest in tabletop games) shitting up the first few pages with their faggy quests.
>>
>>688642
please fuck off and die

quests are not tabletop games.
>>
File: second.jpg (14KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
second.jpg
14KB, 200x200px
>>689343
>>
The only real consensus for /a/ was
Ban general threads
Relocate threads like buyfag general and DJT to their appropriate boards
Light Novels are allowed and Korean/Chinese web comics are banned

Don't touch /a/ any further than that.
>>
>>689380
100% agree
>>
For [s4s]:
- more colors
- dice
- audio webms
>>
>>689428
As a /pol/ack I'd like to say you're a fucking moron, political discussion belongs on /pol/ and /b/, nowhere else.
Mods should delete political threads on any other board, no matter they be left or right.
>>
>>688652
as far as I know the only consensus is that kebab needs to be removed from the premises
>>
>>689380
>>689525
Keep /vg/

But you can nuke /srg/, /sc2/, /d2g/, and /lolg/

And /owg/

>>689554
And LaTeX
>>
>>689557
You lying kike.

I only ever see people get banned or have their posts deleted for something being even vaguely right-wing. shit like that is why /co/ is tumblr.

You're not objective. You're not neutral. Don't pretend to be. That shit always comes down to "don't say anything that smells right-wing" while marxists have free reign.
>>
>>687965
You want him to introduce Nazi mods with 0 sense of board culture?

That would create a new era of 4chan
>>
File: 1436749397185.jpg (42KB, 400x459px) Image search: [Google]
1436749397185.jpg
42KB, 400x459px
>Asking for consensus
>On 4chins
Jesus, he really DOESN'T understand anything.
>>
>>689596
No one gets banned for posting right-wing shit, drop the fucking victim complex. This is why we're pariahs on 4chan now, because of fucking retarded newfags like you.
>>
File: 1474561210680.jpg (261KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1474561210680.jpg
261KB, 900x900px
>>687803

No. Actually no one on /pol/ reached ANY consensus. You're biased. At least 50% of people in multiple threads (and strawpolls) were advocating FREE SPEECH and NO CENSORSHIP. This means NO CHANGES.
>>
>>687788
>Hiro needs a concensus agreement from each board about what they want to see changed, as well as an overall concensus on what the site needs.
Well that's flat out impossible
>>
>>689616
It means that things won't change except on really well understood things. it's good.
>>
>>689480
>Relocate threads like buyfag general and DJT to their appropriate boards
That was not consensus.
>>
/tg/ needs to ban quest threads.

furthermore, we we need /tgg/ aka traditional games general.

I'm so sick of nothing but generals and quest threads. i want /tg/ back to it's glory days where we made games, talked about the games we were running, asking for helps on our campaigns.

i get that some things, like magic, kinda necessitate generals but jesus christ. if you start a thread about a setting you created or ask people for help world building instead of /tg/ being it's old self aka "/tg/ gets shit done" now it's maybe 20 replies before the thread gets slid by quest threads.

maybe /tgg/ doesn't need to exist but seriously fuck quest threads. there's a board for it now. get the fuck off /tg/
>>
kill /qst/, no one there likes it. the mod that forced it down people's throats was an anti-skubfag. if the roleplaying of a character isn't related to tabletop games I don't know what is
>>
File: 1464582893030.png (37KB, 1047x172px) Image search: [Google]
1464582893030.png
37KB, 1047x172px
so
>>
>>689665
this is nice twenty hours in photoshop
>>
>>689639
Sounds like /a/. We don't want anything changed either. Sure a few common annoyances exist, but they aren't bad enough to warrant new rules and are pretty subjective anyway.
>>
>>688611

These are absolutely shit. Take your meme-tier wordfilter censorship garbage elsewhere.

DO NOT CHANGE /POL/.
>>
>>689665
You didn't even edit the date
>>
Gee, sure feels like hiro is a braindead motherfucker who doesn't even know a fucking fraction of what's going on.
>>
File: 1474514187361.jpg (618KB, 730x975px) Image search: [Google]
1474514187361.jpg
618KB, 730x975px
The problem is we need more mods who are open to their boards.
>>
File: 1474463525604.png (119KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1474463525604.png
119KB, 1000x1000px
>>689203

Bump limit is an acceptable change because it makes threads easier to manage. Image limit could be increased too (to 200 posts?). I did see quite a lot of consensus for this - but nothing else.

Keep dubs. We need them to summon Kek and meme magic.
>>
/r/ all prints about.
>>
>>689703
Seems more like Hiro apologized for reasons we don't know and 4chan exploded with made up rumors and hearsay.
>>
>>689717
We should just sticky every thread and delete all threads every 2 hours and then the first 100 threads get stickied for the next 2 hours etc.

If a thread is created at 1:59 it will be deleted at 2

It would solve every problem even the poster problem
>>
Nothing needs changing other than getting rid of these consensus threads on all the boards. They do nothing but invite complaining and shitty opinions and people lying about consensus. Most people don't even go to these threads, only the people that specifically want things changed and dislike how 4chan currently is. How can a consensus be reached from that?
>>
>>689725
He's a jap. They apologize if they step on a fucking ant, it's not going to be anything.
>>
File: 1409142913493.png (23KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1409142913493.png
23KB, 900x1200px
Stop with the pathetic /a/ threads already.
We DON'T NEED change.
We ARE FINE.

>inb4 capslock
>>
>>689625
bull fucking shit
>>
>>689764
That thread was 10/10
>>
>>689661
/tg/ needs to be renamed to tabletop games

>>689674
this
>>
There's a constant request on /v/ for there to be a place to discuss e-celebs and YouTube/Streaming content, it has no place on /v/ but clearly from all the threads clogging up the already struggling /v/, there is a want to discuss it.
>>
>>688642
No, I'm a /qst/er and I actually like having /qst/. You may speak for the people who were offended by the removal from /tg/, but not for me.
>>
Are any of these consensus actually legit or just faggots pushing their own idea of how the board should be?
>>
>>689136
Oh god.

...Though, thinking about it, it would improve the player draught situation...
>>
File: 1474327225356.jpg (49KB, 775x837px) Image search: [Google]
1474327225356.jpg
49KB, 775x837px
>>689673

Exactly. The worst part is that there are about 5-6 absolutely retarded posters who keep getting all "high and mighty" and thinking they speak definitively for the entire board.

They create meta threads proclaiming they represent the board hivemind yet refuse to discuss or consider anyone else's ideas. It's ridiculous.

In particular:

1) a Swede-cuck determined to create biased strawpolls without a "change nothing" option (INHERENT BIAS)

2) a Belgian poster/OP who literally told the entire thread that they were "not on his level intellectually" so their opinions were invalid

3) a Leafposter/OP (Canada) who I think might have been a CTR/4chan outsider shill trying to censor the board. They were repeatedly trying to push for wordfiltering, removing ID's and banning extreme right-wing discussion and generals. No one agreed with this.

Luckily we have flags and ID's so samefagging is much more difficult on /pol/ than say, /a/. Once again a reason not to change anything.

As anyone who uses /pol/ regularly will tell you, we ARE raided frequently by reddit, CTR, and other trolls and shills because of our real-world influence across the internet on political discussion, free speech, uncovering scams and conspiracies and affecting voting poll outcomes.

Many people (including governments and corporations) would LOVE to kill or censor /pol/. This sounds like paranoia but it has been proven as 100% true. Believe me.
>>
>>689808
The /qst/ discussion thread is pretty hard to spin the other way, though.
>>
>>689755
This. People are freaking out for something that could be as simple as "whoops posting is now temporarily slower now because i fucked up on the code, sorry about that guys".
>>
>>687803
That's fine. The consensus is that /pol/ should be deleted.

/k/ here! The other right wing board that has regular lefty bashing threads wants you gone.

Think on your sins
>>
>>688682
there's a collective agreement on a certain topic
>>
>>689824
If /an/, /out/, /gd/, etc did these, they are likely legit. Slower boards wouldn't have a problem finding a consensus in general subjects and with the thread lasting for 3 days/a week it would probably reach everyone.
As for the faggots posting screencaps and claiming /pol/, /a/, /tv/ and such have reached an unanimous opinion, those are obviously dumb and fake.
If you ever find more than 10 /a/ustistics faggots agreeing on something, you can bet someone's samefagging.
>>
>>689343
I want love live threads to die
>>
Just get rid of all the rules except no CP
>>
>>688941
>blocking ads makes the problem go away
you might be a sociopath but i actually care about other people
>>
If any of this is legit then /r9k/ here.

All we want are the normies to leave our board. The general idea is:
> Ban all "fembot" and "femanon" posts
> All "My gf just broke up with me"
> Drastically cut down on the Steam threads.
> No more shit that is obviously b8 (unless it ends up funny)
> No more drastically off topic shit.
> Ban obviously normie posts
> Get rid of threads that should be on >>>/soc/ or >>>/b/
> Ban trap threads.

Basically all we want is a place where we can talk to other robots. It Doesn't have to be wizchan level, just get the normies to leave via some half decent mods/janitors/whatever.
>>
>>689885
no you're just a fucking pussy that back peddles immediately like a teenage girl
>>
File: 200_s.gif (7KB, 356x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
7KB, 356x200px
>>689887
>> Ban obviously normie posts
>>
File: 1474556874327.jpg (137KB, 545x832px) Image search: [Google]
1474556874327.jpg
137KB, 545x832px
>>689735

The problem with this on /pol/ is that it isn't flexible to the needs of the board as a real-time, real-world discussion forum.

Especially true for live discussion of happening/breaking news and other livestream events. If we have stickies threads will just be derailed and hijacked until another thread can be made, in which case somethung else would have happened or the narrative would have developed beyond the original threads.

Stickies also create many uneccessary generals for minor topics and themes such as in /vg/. On /pol/ there are only 3 generals that get high traffic: /Trumpgen/, /sg/ (Syria gen) and brit/pol/. The rest of the board moves at the pace it is with the content it has and that's totally fine with me.

Tl;dr having more stickies is unecessary in my opinion.
>>
>>688642
FUCK OFF TO YOUR CONTAINMENT BOARD
>>
Hello, /k/ here.
We need to ban gun-posters.
The seconds amendment shouldn't apply to talking about guns.
>>
>>689902
Admittedly I fucked up the wording, but it's extremely easy to spot normies when they post and they do not belong on /r9k/. They have virtually everywhere else.
>>
>>689824

See

>>689844

The answer is no. You'll never reach a full consensus on /pol/. The board moves too fast and has too much traffic.

Personally I like it just how it is and due to the constant 24/7 masses of traffic and thousands of posts we get DAILY - depsite all the "problems" the board has - i'd bet the silent majority agrees with me. NO CHANGES, just moderation.
>>
>>689887
I agree with the banning of trap threads. /r9k/ is basically NEET /lgbt/ now.
>>
>>689865
Real /k/ here. This guy is an idiot and doesn't speak for us.
>>
/mu/ here. Ban all discussion of bands and genres I don't like.
>>
>>689934
Real /k/ommander here, dont listen to this guy

Fucking enable ID's and flag
>>
File: 1474169786114.jpg (82KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1474169786114.jpg
82KB, 400x400px
>>689301
>>689312
get fucked and go back to /qst/

i'd rather have it be 2008 and drowning in a sea of THIN YOUR PAINTS threads even though i don't give a shit about wargames. i seriously don't care about your shitty online roleplaying.

go find an IRL game group you anti-social autistic fucks

>>689289
I like you and wish to subscribe to your newsletter
>>
File: 016.png (1MB, 1000x1422px) Image search: [Google]
016.png
1MB, 1000x1422px
>>689911
Wow, I can feel the heat of your rage!
>>
>>688642
I think /qst/ has a purpose, but quests need to be where the audience is.

/qst/ is best as an overflow board for roleplay. Just change /qst/ to a general roleplaying board and be done with it.
>>
>>688642
>be questfag
>people pissed about you shitting up /tg/ for years
>finally get your own board so you can do your thing in peace
>hate it immediately
>think you can pass a consensus that affects another, larger board

okay guys, what should this poster do next?:
>A: kill himself
>B: stop trying to force his cancer onto other boards
>C: go back to whatever other site he came from
I'll go with the first choice with five votes
>>
Is there anyway for /sp/ to get current eventb owl and police chase threads back?
>>
>>689965
>be questfag
No you're not. You don't understand the first thing about them.

>shitting up /tg/

Quests were on /tg/ likely before you ever even touched 4chan. It's just /tg/ used to have /tg/ quests. Then every quest was pushed to /tg/. Quests should return to their native boards because they are content created for that board.

>>think you can pass a consensus that affects another, larger board
>A larger group than the people complaining want it passed, but let's listen to the smaller group who hates it, instead.

Great.

What should this poster do next?

>Stop making strawmen
>Stop pretending to be the board police.
>Stop calling other things cancer when he, himself, is likely newfag cancer
>Go back to whatever site he came from.

I'll go with all of them, at once.
>>
File: 1474324006380.jpg (170KB, 469x395px) Image search: [Google]
1474324006380.jpg
170KB, 469x395px
>>689865

If /pol/ is deleted we will legitimately acivate the Samson Option. Every single board on 4chan and other chans will be mass invaded in a total M.A.D. scenario. It would be a dark apocalypse of pure, unfiltered rage and shitposting for 1000 years!

This site will be swept into flames and run wild with rivers of normie/autist/robot blood. We have the lord Kek on our side! PRAISE HIM!!!
>>
File: Look at this.jpg (27KB, 671x328px) Image search: [Google]
Look at this.jpg
27KB, 671x328px
>>689965
Why do you keep replying to the same post?
>>
>>687803
THERE IS ONLY ONE CONSENSUS ON POL

WEBMS WITH SOUND
>>
>>689965
>think you can pass a consensus that affects another, larger board
bad news faggot: /tg/ agreed on it as well when the mods weren't deleting metathreads there.
the ideal solution was to make an option to bump quests only to page 2.
>>
>>689938
Oddly enough I think the entire board would agree with you.
>>
>>689996
or you could just go to infinitychan which is basically polchan
>>
>>689998
Because there are no anti-questfags. That would imply that there are more than a few, and there's really only a couple of them.

So they samefag and spam their whining all over /qa/ and /tg/ for years. Only now screaming "OKAY EVERYTHING IS GOOD, STOP, STOP COMPLAINING! NO ONE IS ALLOWED ANYMORE! NO BACKSIES!" after the decision he wanted was passed. Now that it has caused all this pressure, he rather not be challenged on it like he challenged the perfectly content users of /tg/ for years.
>>
>>690003
Thread or it didn't happen scub.
>>
>>690010
Not him, but there's no reason to go to infinity.

Self-righteous whining: the board.
>>
>>689996
More realistic scenario, 75% of /pol/ moves back to rebbit, 20% to 8gag and the rest gets banned for trying to raid other boards
>>
>>690014
>>>/tg/9349154

Archive I use is down, so go find it.
>>
Live action off /co/, please.
>>
>>689996

Didn't /pol/ activate the samson option during gamergate and got laughed off of the other boards?
>>
>>690024
/v/ tried to activate their own version, but it fucked up.

as far as I know, the only board that has a legitimate samson option plan is /mlp/.
>>
/g/ wants to be split into

/gg/ - technology generals
/g/ - technology
/gc/ consumer electronics
>>
>>690023
Like what, cape movies? I don't see that many.
>>
>>689847
this
Not to mention /tg/ itself before the meta threads started getting purged.

>>>/tg/9349154
>>
>>687803
>ban all Canadians
That's the most retarded suggestion I've ever heard. No one agreed to that other than a small group of butthurt kikes.
>>
File: 1474581936921.png (35KB, 1048x172px) Image search: [Google]
1474581936921.png
35KB, 1048x172px
If this is true /pol/ is kill
>>
>>690047
>That's the most retarded suggestion I've ever heard.
That's why it can work.
>>
>>690033
Fuck off, /tv/.
>>
I want /g/ to be split into Hard Electronics and Consumer Electronics
>>
>>689991
>You don't understand the first thing about them
They like quest threads. Many of them apparently want quest threads to be firmly at home on /tg/.

I don't even hate quest threads in and of themselves. They can be fun, I just don't want them on /tg/, and in that I'm not alone.

>likely before you ever even touched 4chan
When do you figure that is, exactly? Or is this the "everyone who disagrees with me is a newfag" meme?

>It's just /tg/ used to have /tg/ quests. Then every quest was pushed to /tg/
Yes. I said nothing to the contrary. I see this is the "the only way you could disagree with me is if you're uninformed" meme.

>Quests should return to their native boards because they are content created for that board
Just to be clear, you're saying quest threads do NOT belong primarily on /tg/?

>A larger group than the people complaining want it passed, but let's listen to the smaller group who hates it, instead
citatin needed

>Stop making strawmen
There's no strawman, no argument was even represented, therefore no argument could have been misrepresented. I just posted about what has actually taken place. What I posted could be *wrong, but that doesn't make it a strawman.

>Stop pretending to be the board police
but you giving your opinion about what should be done with quest threads is fine because...

>when he, himself, is likely newfag cancer
give three legitimate reasons why you think this besides "he disagrees with me"

>Go back to whatever site he came from
now you're just repeating me

>>689998
>>690013
>any collection of posts I don't like were samefagged by one person or a small group!
:^)

>>690019
>>690040
>I s-swear this proves my point! just cause I'm not willing to find the proof doesn't mean I'm wrong!
;^)
>>
>>690052
Only a dumb newfag like yourself can't tell that's an edit.
>>
>>690014
It really did happen. It was a pretty reasonable thread, all things considered. I was impressed.
>>
>>690072
>Huge tl;dr post of frustration, punctuated with ":^)" in classic "I can't argue with you, but I can certainly shitpost" fashion

>Second line:
>I don't even hate quest threads in and of themselves. They can be fun, I just don't want them on /tg/, and in that I'm not alone.

You fucking despise them, the very fact we are having this conversation and the large part of /tg/ and /qst/ has agreed that they do not like the new change has caused your piss to boil.

If you *really* didn't care, you wouldn't be bitching in a 200-post thread about those nasty questfags wanting to go back to the way things were for years and years. No, you would be bitching about some other problem that relates to a board you care about.

But, instead, you're here; bitching about quests. Something which the vast majority of 4chan overlooks because most people outside of /tg/ don't even know what a quest even is. Which brings up the inherent flaw with /qst/ in the first place.

Admit it, you're so mad that you can't even argue correctly. Instead posting line-by-line quips at singular sentences in my post because each and every one of them piss you off so much.

Yes, making a post that responds to each sentence in my post is sure the work of someone who "doesn't care about quests" and not the work of someone who is blindingly upset and frustrated that everyone isn't just going along with a stupid mod decision.
>>
>>690072
>but you giving your opinion about what should be done with quest threads is fine because...
ft. person who probably spent the better part of three years on /qa/ whining about quest threads in /tg/.
or are you really so dumb that you think people don't remember the three or four retards who spammed /qa/ for quest threads to be removed for years?
>>
>>690072
>I lost and there is a thread on /tg/ where /tg/ itself reached consensus about quest threads, including the two-page bump limit
>so I'll reply to you with a facebook smiley, instead of trying to counter that.

Great. You can leave now.
>>
>>677151
Test.
>>
File: quests.png (43KB, 955x181px) Image search: [Google]
quests.png
43KB, 955x181px
>>690019
>>690040
As much as I disagree with that other guy, at least provide the good resources or bookmark them for later or you'll just make yourself look silly.

http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/49425200/
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/49349154/#49349218

Then there's the /qst/ discussion thread about the board itself, from its users, still active. >>>/qst/609277

Not that anti-questers have ever cared much about evidence to begin with.
>>
>>689554
You guys don't want tags, like /f/ does?
>>
>>690110
Like I said, archive I use is down. Didn't know 4plebs was even up.

Thank you for linking it.
>>
>>689919
Wouldn't that be like /b/ banning bike posters?
>>
>>690125
It's kind of like /v/ banning minivan owners.
>>
>>690125
>>690134
Meant /n/, does /v/ have lots of those?
>>
>>690016
Are you new? You must be if you think most of /pol/ is from reddit.

This site has been racist a lot longer than you've been around, outside of /co/ which had always been a hugbox.
>>
>>690110
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/49452436
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/49447930
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/49445056
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/49440900
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/49425200
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/49406757
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/49405699
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/49404475

Here are some more
>>
>>690229
Well, you've done a better job than I have keeping track of these. Great work.
>>
>>690229
Amazing. What's even more amazing is Hiro said he's not for controversial changes but all this happened regardless.

I'll add one more, the /qst/ creation thread on /tg/.
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/46945911/
>>
>>690091
>spent the better part of three years on /qa/ whining about quest threads in /tg/
I rarely visit /qa/.

>are you really so dumb that you think people don't remember the three or four retards who spammed /qa/ for quest threads to be removed for years?
Again, I rarely post here. I'm not sure how you know how many people were posting a certain viewpoint, but that's really besides the point.

>>690098
>I lost
Did I?

>/tg/ itself reached consensus
How'd they manage to get every /tg/ poster to see the same thread and post in it? /tg/ is a fairly sizable board.

And I don't have to counter a broken link.

>>690110
>http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/49425200/
Only halfway through the thread, predominantly anti quests coming back to /tg/, only 279 posts so no more than that many people could have replied. No /tg/ consensus.

>http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/49349154/#49349218
35 replies, not all of which are pro quests coming back. Not in any way representative of a /tg/ consensus.

>Not that anti-questers have ever cared much about evidence to begin with
>"I'll just group people who hold a similar dissenting opinion to mine together and negatively characterize them!"
:^)
>>
>>690089
>replying to nonsense with a :^) is shitposting
k

>You fucking despise them
how do you figure? You'd think if I was so overcome with rage about them I wouldn't say I've enjoyed a couple.

>the very fact we are having this conversation and the large part of /tg/ and /qst/ has agreed that they do not like the new change has caused your piss to boil.
I mean, if it is indeed the case that the majority of /tg/ was okay with quests being at home on /tg/, I wouldn't be happy about it. I don't want /pol/shit to be at home on /tg/ either, and if the majority of /tg/ agreed it was fine I wouldn't be happy either. Doesn't mean I hate /pol/shit.

>If you *really* didn't care, you wouldn't be bitching in a 200-post thread about those nasty questfags wanting to go back to the way things were for years and years
Ah, the classic "I know you don't think this thing because if I thought that thing I'd be doing something different than you" meme. How do you believe to determine what I would and would not do if I believed certain things?

>wanting to go back to the way things were for years and years
I think the way it was is worse than the way it could be, what's wrong with that?

>No, you would be bitching about some other problem that relates to a board you care about
Why don't you just tell me what I ought to be doing in this situation? What problem ought I be "bitching" about?

Cont.
>>
>>690271
Cont.

>Something which the vast majority of 4chan overlooks because most people outside of /tg/ don't even know what a quest even is
how does the awareness of non-/tg/ posters affect /tg/ in any way?

>Which brings up the inherent flaw with /qst/ in the first place
how many people know what /i/ is actually about?

>Admit it, you're so mad that you can't even argue correctly
By what metric are my posts "incorrect"?

>Instead posting line-by-line quips at singular sentences in my post because each and every one of them piss you off so much
I want to respond to everything you've said. Why would you bother typing a sentence if you didn't want me to reply to it?

>sure the work of someone who "doesn't care about quests"
That's funny, the way you put quotes around that makes it looks like I actually said it. See, if I was just replying to the gist of your post that'd slide. I obviously want quests on their own board enough that I typed out these posts.

>and not the work of someone who is blindingly upset and frustrated
again with the magical mind-reading. we're talking about /tg/ and /qst/, not /x/.

>isn't just going along with a stupid mod decision
way to conveniently frame the topic
>>
>>688642
This please.
>>
>>690253
>Well, you've done a better job than I have keeping track of these. Great work.
4plebs makes it easy:

http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/deleted/deleted/type/op/

This shows every manually-deleted post on /tg/ that survived for more than 60 seconds.
>>
>>690019
>>690124
Which archive do you use? /tg/ is one of the most archived boards; offhand I can remember desuarchive, 4plebs. fireden and even warosu.
>>
>>688642
I would also like quests allowed back on /tg/

/tg/'s userbase understands how to play quests better than any of the other boards.
>>
>>690292
What's the window of opportunity for an OP to delete their thread on /tg/? I know it's pretty small, because I've tried to delete one after an hour and it wouldn't let me.
>>
>>687803
Where's the polls faggot?
>>
>>690287
Yeah there are quite a few different archives these days. For /tg/ specifically I usually use 4plebs, desuarchive or the newly resurrected archived.moe.

If you go to the FAQ page on any of the archives they usually have a page that lists all currently active archives and what boards they cover. Here is the one for 4plebs:

http://archive.4plebs.org/_/articles/credits/
>>
I just want to understand what the fuck are the mods thinking letting a meta general threads survive on /a/?
>>
>>690295
I think that it's the same as deleting a regular post. Can you delete one after 10 minutes?
>>
>>690351
Just tried, it might be more like 30 minutes.
>>
>>690351
Just tried and failed, so I assume not. Probably closer to 14 minutes on my attempt though.
>>
>>690357
Huh, well I deleted >>690292 just now.
There is a limit to how many posts you can delete, I think it's about 5?
>>
>>690362
I guess I don't know?
I deleted one my posts that was older than that.

Are there posts that cannot be deleted for some other reason? I must go test this.
>>
>>690365
It's a little annoying that there's no documentation about this.
>>
>>687788
From /p/, we have a lot of /pol/ shitposting leaking on the second anybody posts a photo that a dark person is in. Also a more noticeable or coherent sticky, we often get photoshop/ edit requests. The biggest issue is generally /pol/s spamming racist threads/comments.
For /fit/, spams are a pretty big issue, also nudity on there is getting out of hand.
>>
Thanks mods, you made my day.

>>>/v/352647235
>>>/v/352641428
>>>/v/352646275
>>>/v/352645161
>>
File: PaintBrushes.jpg (267KB, 1707x1138px) Image search: [Google]
PaintBrushes.jpg
267KB, 1707x1138px
Remove the global rule for loli and furry content on /ic/

The board is used for critique on one's own art, the content shouldn't get deleted or banned simply because of some catchall global rule.

As long as the poster uploads their art for the purpose of it being criticized and improving, the content shouldnt matter.
>>
>>690385
This was a lot of fun.
>>
>>690401
>catchall global rule
Being catchall is what makes them global
>>
File: so salty.jpg (3MB, 2546x1738px) Image search: [Google]
so salty.jpg
3MB, 2546x1738px
>>689289

Quests are best.

Better than generals. And Hunger Games threads are WAY worse.
>>
>>688988
>quests were no bother

No
>>
>>690385
I wish they did stuff like this more often. I remember there was just some random skeleton thread on /b/ and it played "spooky scary skeletons" when you opened it. It was before last October's css Halloween change.
>>
>>687788
>>690401
There should be more mod participation on /ic/. Loli/shota/guro/furry should be allowed on /ic/ for critiques
>>
The only change needed on /a/ is to ban generals for series. Buyfag, DJT, and draw-threads aside, there's literally no reason to allow week-long threads for something that airs one day a week, or finds its purpose in "Oh, but it has content coming out once in a while!".

Moot banned generals once and it was great. It killed the K-On and Strike WItches threads that never fucking died. Then mods started getting lax and we get idolmaster shit, jojo shit, and monster shit, and precure shit every minute of every day. Filters don't even work because they keep changing their formats.

Everything else about /a/ can handle itself. We can self moderate just fine and there doesn't need to be a stupid board split.
>>
>>690501
Don't you also want child models allowed for /p/?
>>
File: hana.png (90KB, 228x228px) Image search: [Google]
hana.png
90KB, 228x228px
>>687788
Greetings from /ic/ (artwork/critique).
As an artist and board regular I feel all art forms should be allowed for critique. What I'm trying to say is, we need more delicious flat chest.

That is all, thank you.
>>
Poster IDs for /ic/ please. It's a little too easy for people to shitpost.
>>
From /k/

Less general threads, they're tripfag circlejerks at this point and serve no purpose on the board

Eliminate the buy sell trade threads, they aren't allowed by the rules, so enforce them

fucking get rid of the patch threads. They aren't weapons, weapons related or really "board culture"
>>
>>690024
/pol/ wasn't as big back then as it is today.

The height of activity during the /pol/ocaust is considerably smaller than a slow day in current /pol/, which has grown to become the second biggest board in 4chan.
>>
>>689567
>kebab needs to be removed from the premises
100% agreed

fuck those shits
>>
>>689865
>delet /pol/
>ex-/pol/ refugees start infecting every board like deleting /n/ and old/news/
great idea /k/, you fudraging shit
>>
>>690560
I agree with this guy.

To say it more clearly... /ic/ as a nsfw original art board should be allowed to have user-made loli and furry artwork posted. Or simply no restrictions on what can be posted as long as it's user-generated artwork.
>>
>>689865
>/k/
>right-wing
Cuckservative jew worshipers are not right-wing.
>>
File: stalin chuckles sovietly.jpg (35KB, 720x718px) Image search: [Google]
stalin chuckles sovietly.jpg
35KB, 720x718px
>>688611
>>
File: digital dancing.gif (177KB, 180x218px) Image search: [Google]
digital dancing.gif
177KB, 180x218px
>>690030
I can agree with this
>>
/o/ wants IDs and flags.
>>
>>689593
>not nuking /gsg/
WHY
JUST PUT IT OUT OF ITS MISERY
THERE IS A RAID
EVERY
THREAD
PLEASE KILL US.
>>
t. butthurt canadian

REMOVE LEAF
>>
>>689557
What about /lgbt/?
>>
File: Field Painting.jpg (169KB, 984x806px) Image search: [Google]
Field Painting.jpg
169KB, 984x806px
>>687788
/ic/ here

We want a lift on the ban of posting guro/loli/shota/furry user-generated artwork on our board. The global rule is severly limiting to us as it is right now.
>>
>>690863
>Ah, good question, but it's all up to you
>in these technology boards, there's more than three things to do!
>>
File: nothing.png (124KB, 640x384px) Image search: [Google]
nothing.png
124KB, 640x384px
>>690888
>Wow look doubles!
>>
>>690887
I can understand the furry part, but I'm sure there's other alternative chans that need sick fucks like you.
>>
>>690891
trips*
>>
File: 1461095034063.jpg (1MB, 1425x1801px) Image search: [Google]
1461095034063.jpg
1MB, 1425x1801px
>>690901
>other chans
lmao no thanks, just fix 4chan and stop being a fragile little snowflake that wants to turn everything into a safe space
>>
File: CoQ1JmtUsAwRmKK.jpg (50KB, 500x705px) Image search: [Google]
CoQ1JmtUsAwRmKK.jpg
50KB, 500x705px
Disable name/tripfagging, add flags, create user IDs persistent only in threads (prevents samefagging). Disable post number so it can break the archive. Add the robot from /r9k/ and it should break the generals as well.

This should fix this board. Trannies will be less agp and less vocal as they won't be able to create an identity that is persistent.

This is the only way to fix this board.

t. tranny
>>
Not a ruke change per se, but can we keep /pol/ in /pol/ ?
Also, bilingual jannies on /int/ plz
>>
>>688941
I do block ads you retarded cunt, that doesn't change the malware ads
>>
>>690924
>Disable name/tripfagging
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

t. other tranny
>>
>>690924
/lgbt/ has enough issues with avatar fagging and transparent trolling as-is
being able to filter posters between threads keeps generals functioning, and without generals the board would literally just be the daily "why cant we euthanize all gay people" thread plus a bunch of "how do i trap mode" threads
the real issue is that janitors seem to like a lot of the really active trolls
>>
File: smugwojak4v2.png (32KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
smugwojak4v2.png
32KB, 640x400px
>>690114
>tags
yes please

<my (s)mug if he actually adds them
>>
>>688642
agreed.
and if people are really that bothered about quests 'taking up the first page', then it has been suggested that quest threads should only be bumped up to 2nd page instead of the 1st. it's simple.
>>
>>691018
They still take up half the catalog.

They don't belong on /tg/. Period.
>>
Can't we let all the boards have quests again if they want to? I'd say it'd be better for quests to either be in /tg/, or in a board relevant to the setting of the quest.
>>
MODS ARE GODS
>>
File: 1461984187959.png (49KB, 381x191px) Image search: [Google]
1461984187959.png
49KB, 381x191px
>>691062
>Take up half the catalog
No matter how many times you parrot this meme, it will never be true. And if you're using the catalog, why can't you use filters to hide content you're not interested in like everyone else?
>>
>>691068
How about instead we keep them on the board specifically designed for quests?
>>
>>691103
I'd rather /qst/ be deleted altogether. It does nothing.
>>
>>691103
Because it's terrible and most of its users want it gone with the lesser fifth wanting it's features heavily revamped but there's no sign of that happening?
>>
>>691103
Because it's straight up awful for questing, and nothing is being done to fix it.
>>
>>690887
>>690401
>>690501
>>690560
>>690823
Absolutely this a million times this.

>>690901
It's not about being sick fucks
When you make a board about art critique it doesn't matter what you or me like, an artist should be allowed to post any kind of art, provided he does it for critique and not shock value or replies. It's retarded to ban certain types of art because muh shelter, or whatever the fuck.
>>
>>691103
Because it shouldn't be specifically for quests to begin with. It should honestly be a general games or roleplaying board.

A board just for quests was a retarded idea.
>>
>>689289
This man speaks the truth.
Quests do not belong on /tg/
>>
>>687970
oWo
what's this??
>>
>>689661
I think that the real issue isn't the existence of generals, but the content that is not the generals. How many "this is your (gm/party/PC) tonight" or "stat me" or "post pics of (insert something)" threads are there now? Far too many. Plus, shit like the warcraft general, post a pic and write a story, and other threads that are tangentially /tg/ have only served to further shit up the board.
And for generals, some games get far too many. A general for every different edition of DnD? Many multiple MtG generals? They all need to be consolidated. Oh and for Christ sake, do we really need another "why aren't there female space marines" thread? And the shitposting, god the shitposting. Like the 40k General, why the hell hasn't that frogposter who spams shit and starts pointless arguements been b& yet?
All we need is a dedicated mod or janny who actually understands board culture (so not another nazi mod) to enforce the rules and deal with the issues I've layed out and /tg/ can return to greatness.
>>
>>690729
>implying /n/ and old/news/ were anywhere near as cancerous as /pol/
>implying the shitposting didnt stop after a month both times
>>
>>687970
Show me an example of what this ERP stuff looks like. Surely there must be a thread where it's going on right now.
>>
>>691200
>/tg/ has too many fun threads emphasising creativity
>Get rid of them and add more generals to return to glory
Or drive the users to Reddit seems more likely.
>>
>>691204
If they'd go to reddit without those threads then why keep the threads here? It's a win-win.
>>
>>691206
No it isn't.
A loss of users means a loss of the overall creativity of /tg/ and a move further and further from glory days and closer and closer to another barren echo chamber.
>>
>>691204
Those threads do not emphasize creativity. They're pointless wastes of space, that provide nothing of value and are almost always the exact same content in each one. There even worse than generals.
>>
>>691209
Since when was losing users making the board less creative? If anything it's just concentrated the creativity to specific kinds of threads, nothing has been "lost," and the place is pretty far from an echo chamber.
>>
>>691210
>apost a pic and write a story
>Lore
>Improvisation
None of these are good for /tg/ creativity.
I disagree.
>>
>>691211
>How does losing users mean you lose creativity?
Really?
You can't think how this works?
More input leads to more debate, more debate from more perspectives leads to !ore creativity through ideas shared.
When was the last good piece of /tg/ original content?
>>
>>691211
>If you start with 100 users and 80 leave, nothing has been lost.
Wut?
>>
>>691209
This. As a fa/tg/uy the thing that twigs me about the way quests have been forced off the board is the way every other steady source OC on the board has been snuffed out already. It's like some people on the board would rather shitpost all of the time and would happily end that creative streak that made /tg/ good.
>>
>>691221
It saddens me that recently I saw threads with people actually ashamed of sup /tg/. I'll be the first to say it wasn't all wonderful, but they were acting like it was a secret shame that /tg/ used to have creativity.
>>
>>688837
/vr/ will be absolutely unapologetic garbage until they start changing what qualifies as retro once in awhile. Gen 6 consoles are retro now and the userbase needs to fucking grow the fuck up and accept it.

>>688908
Nothing would drop off when you allowed more content.
>>
>>690887
>>690560
>>691127

Please no, not only will we be flooded by hand drawn cp and guro, but the /trash/ furries will take over the board.

The site-wide rules exist for a reason, don't touch them.

If necessary give them their own containment board, but it'd be better they stayed off altogether.
>>
>>690901
>he's a furry
>he thinks he's not one of the sickest of fucks
>>
>>690001
Well, that and 500 post bump limit.
>>
>>690560
What is this a picture of?
>>
>>691256
>Please no, not only will we be flooded by hand drawn cp and guro, but the /trash/ furries will take over the board.
Are you new to /ic/?
Furry loli and other shit was always allowed on /ic/ (in the porn thread at least) before some newfag mod woke up some morning and decided to enforce rules wich have nothing to do with an art board
Only shitposters and sensitive faggots enforce that shit no reasonable d/ic/k likes this garbage rule on their board.
>>
File: 1474480209786.jpg (153KB, 1190x906px) Image search: [Google]
1474480209786.jpg
153KB, 1190x906px
>>691256
>hand drawn cp
>>
>>691256
>will we be flooded by hand drawn cp and guro
No one flooded /ic/ with loli/shota/guro/furry before mods enforced the rule.

>the /trash/ furries will take over the board
if they want to get critiques on their drawings, then we shouldnt discriminate against them.

>The site-wide rules exist for a reason, don't touch them
Thats like saying we shouldnt touch the electoral system in the USA because "it was made for a reason." Why do you think the Supreme court adds amendments? To adjust the rules for today's standards.

If loli/shota/gurp/furry becomes an issue the mods, and janitors, cant handle then its up to them if they'll allow loli/shota/guro/furry
>>
Here's what I want to see...

Clicking the triangle on someones post, there should be two more options....

1. Filter Trip - by clicking this it will filter the posts made by a certain trip. Currently one has to go into settings and filter them which is daunting as fuck. Make it easier to filter trips so even a n00b can do it!

2. Bad Post - If enough people dislike a post (70%+ dislikes based on the unique ip posters) it should get sent to a mod/admin for judgement. This will make it easier for CP, racist comments, and other troll-based comments to get deleted.

Everyone on 4chan agrees with me. Please implement them immediately!
>>
>>690052
aren't mods banning for posting this?
>>
>>689554
also emojis but s4s ONLY
>>
>>691103
I like this idea.

>>691115
But then there will be nowhere for quests to be posted.
>>
>>691200
You don't understand how traditional games work at all.
>>
>>691355
This but add a "Good Post" option too
>>
>>691490
>>691068
>>
>>691068
Fuck no. Quests have a board. Keep them on it.
>>
/v/ needs to be removed of fucking e-celeb stuff.
I originally had no issue with it, but when you see constant threads about the PEOPLE playing the game and not the game, it's fucking stupid.
>>
/pol/ is in such a bad state right now. Newfags are trying to make it into another /b/ and have been openly adement about it.

Meanwhile, mods are nowhere in sight. Fuck Hiro do something already
>>
>>691575

Yes.

/pol/ needs a purge. I don't care what you do. The regulars will come back eventually once things settle down, just do something about the constant meme spam.
>>
>>691613
regulars are also shit though
>>
>>691256
i don't think so, plus we can always deal with it later if it gets out of hand.

>>691306
oh its just one of my drawings
>>
>>691679

Irrelevant. Regulars may have been shit but the posts were at least tangentially related to the boards topic.

At the rate we're going soon there will just be /meme/ generals on /pol/.
>>
>>691355
>literally downvote : the button
>>
>>691613
Cuckening 2.0?
>>
>>691728

I bet it'd work.

Most of the memers would get internet privileges revoked after their moms saw all the giant cocks on screen.
>>
>>691731
Maybe they could just make it unpleasant all around?

Flashing epileptic lights, loud music along with a maze-like captcha.
>>
>>690015
Did you mean: /pol/?
>>
Christ we need Hiro and soon
>>
>>691777
Here's the thing. Hiro has now repeated he wants 'consensus'. Yet, almost every one of these threads has consensus of some sort.

What it really means is that he wants one of us to somehow step forward and give our 100% unbiased truth as to what every person wants because he doesn't want to read the threads and do work. Because this is an impossible task on an anonymous board, nothing will happen.

/tg/ and /qst/ already put forward some consensus that even let quests return in some fashion back to /tg/. Mods deleted it, and I doubt Hiro is going to go consult the archives.
>>
File: 1421909224190.gif (457KB, 192x145px) Image search: [Google]
1421909224190.gif
457KB, 192x145px
>>691226
>People on /tg/ unironically hating on suptg
I am legitimately appalled at this. We really are turning into /v/ for tabletop, aren't we?
>>
>>691695
board's topic is "politically incorrect" not politics, if you wanted a politics board you should have listened to moot and not ruin /new/ with your stormfag bs.

You rip what you saw
>>
>>691349
Uh, the supreme court doesn't add amendments son.
>>
new thread soon?
>>
>>692036
for what?
>>
File: 1474583400429.jpg (38KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1474583400429.jpg
38KB, 640x480px
>>690924
>Add the robot from /r9k/
You fucking monster
>>
The state of /fa/ is fucking horrendous lately. The last time it was this bad was 2010.
>>
>>692016
whoops mb dad. the point still stands to adjust the rule
>>
>>691862
>/new/
I really wish there was an archive of that place, I was never able to visit it.
Thread posts: 327
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.