[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hiro, are you here? Can we get a board for Japanese games only

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 890
Thread images: 111

File: 1446284776434.jpg (986KB, 1284x2968px) Image search: [Google]
1446284776434.jpg
986KB, 1284x2968px
Hiro, are you here? Can we get a board for Japanese games only please? /v/ is really bad these days because of Westkeks who love casual dudebro garbage, "cinematic experiences" and e-celeb cancer. Another split would benefit us a lot and cut down the shitposting to a minimum.
>>
Yesssssssssss PLEASE Hiro im sick of shitposters who only play western games ruining threads on /v/
>>
>>314830
Shitposting begins below this post.
>>
>>314852
>below
>>
>>314852
why are you trying to say right now?
>>
>>314830
Please give us this Hiro

I'm so sick of hearing about fallout 4
>>
>>314830
This TbH.
>>
>>314830
bump
>>
>>314830
>implying anyone but /v/eddit cares about /v/
/v/ is beyond saving. Let them wallow in their own shit. They have no one to blame but themselves for staying there.
>>
>>314830
You have /jp/.
>>
>>>/jp/
>>
File: 1446195569860.jpg (172KB, 1024x1911px) Image search: [Google]
1446195569860.jpg
172KB, 1024x1911px
>>317307
>>317315
The only "games" you can discuss on /jp/ are VNs and Touhou.

I want a board dedicated to Japanese games in general, free of Westkek casuals who play Cawadooty, Halo or Gears and can't shut up about e-ecelebs.
>>
/vg/ is your containment board

It's not our fault you like shitty Japanese games with cookie cutter anime characters rather than good Japanese games. You post shit, you get shitposted
>>
We need to fix /v/ in general baka desu senpai
>>
File: NieR 2.jpg (458KB, 3641x2048px) Image search: [Google]
NieR 2.jpg
458KB, 3641x2048px
>>317597
I like games that have good gameplay and I don't disregard games with an anime aesthetic if they have that unlike the shallow dudebro casuals obsessed with CoD and Halo. This is why I think Western games are shit; because it's very rare to see one that has good gameplay these days.
>>
Nah it would be disastrous. Stop trying to break 4chan in multiple general boards. It only serves to hinder discussion where you can talk about a particular subject on the main board because there is a dedicated board on this subject.
>>
>>317623
>I like games that have good gameplay
And yet you can't stop sucking the dick of absolutely fecal matter like Nier and Drakengard, Persona and SMT...

Such great games right. Keep telling yourself you play them for any reasons but the anime aesthetics
>>
File: 1443761358356.jpg (44KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1443761358356.jpg
44KB, 600x600px
>>317639
And what do you play those WRPGs that play like absolute ass for? At least JRPGs have some good exceptions to the rule like Gravity Rush, Monster Hunter series, the Souls series, Ys Celceta, Tales, Soul Sacrifice, Dragon's Dogman, etc. Meanwhile, I can't think of a single WRPG that isn't the most clunky shit imaginable. I couldn't even stand playing Skyrim or Fallout for more than a few hours because of the combat.
>>
>>317647
Unique gameplay =/= good gameplay

MH is good, but it's hampered by sloth like progression when you should just be taking down new monsters the whole time rather than grinding because your weapon can no longer keep up the damage to not time out

Ys & Souls series has absolute dogshit gameplay, don't kid yourself

Tales hasn't been good in years. Dragons Dogma is one I'll concede

Haven't played the other two because I don't have a Shita

>meanwhile I can't think of a single WRPG
That's probably because you are totally braindead. They are a bit thin on the ground now, but there's years, and years of quality WRPGs
>>
>>317652
>Unique gameplay =/= good gameplay

Action RPGs from Japan always have better gameplay than WRPGs. This is a fact.

>Ys & Souls series has absolute dogshit gameplay

I could understand criticizing Souls (even though the gameplay is still miles better than any WRPG out there), but Ys Celceta having "absolute dogshit gameplay"? Sorry, your opinion is discarded, my friend.

>That's probably because you are totally braindead. They are a bit thin on the ground now, but there's years, and years of quality WRPGs

With good gameplay? Okay. Try to list me any. Even the most praised ones like Deus Ex, Planescape Torment and Morrowind play like garbage. Even the fans of those games admit it.
>>
>>314830
>another video game board
*slaps your leg furiously*
>>
File: qt boy.jpg (76KB, 880x1024px) Image search: [Google]
qt boy.jpg
76KB, 880x1024px
You're not helping the case by insulting Western games, OP.

The most legitimate reason to split /v/ into /jv/ and /wv/ is that /v/ is too big, and dividing by western/japanese is simply the best way to do it. Despite all the previous splits, /v/ is still too big. The shitposting can't be stopped. However, it can be separated. Another board will also mean more staff. Yes, a lot of staff seem to be shit, but I'm sure that most of them (or at least some) are actually decent.

In the beginning, /jv/ will shitpost on /wv/, and vice-versa, but the staff just needs to be harsh on it. They don't have to go full totalitarian when it comes to the rules; only on "All discussion/shitposting on /jv/ or /wv/ must be about each board's respective games" or however it'll be phrased. If mods and jannies are dedicated enough, in the beginning, the cross-shitposting will fade away. People will get bored, and will return to regular shitposting.
>>
http://(eightchanlolfilter).net/v/res/6817732.html

>he actually posts copypasta on both kukchan and 8times1chan
>>
>>317670
>the best solution to mods being shitty is to make another anime hugbox and encourage the mods to treat it as another of their little playgrounds

please fucking kill yourself and go back to reddit, in that order
>>
Please give us this hiro
>>
Hiro, save /v/ and remove western games and remove mods who hate Jap games.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_namjmwINPh1s687bx.jpg (29KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_namjmwINPh1s687bx.jpg
29KB, 500x500px
>>317639
>SMT is not good
>>
Fuck off you autists. Can you seriously not handle discussion?
>>
>>320650
>/v/ermin shitposting japanese game threads
>discussion
>>
>>317623
>I like games that have good gameplay
>posts a game that isn't even out that is a sequel to a game with bad gameplay
explain
>>
>>320650
Spamming lolweebs and lolpedo is not discussion.
>>
>>320650
>discussion
Nobody on /v/ is interested in discussion. Have you ever been to /v/? That place needs further dissection. One that cuts away the tumor known as westaboos.
>>
>>314830
How about just leave /v/ for Nipponese shit and make /vw/ for Western shit?
Either way I'm not really on board of this idea since /v/ already got split 3 times without much improvement. This will just make /v/ a Sony Nintendo playground.
>>
>>320660
The problem is the intense amount of shitposting done by Nintendo fanboys. They're quite hated on /v/ now for being the cause of console wars since they pretend to be mustards and shitpost in PS4 threads. Some accuse the moderation of moderating in Nintendo's favor.
>>
>>320663
>Some accuse the moderation of moderating in Nintendo's favor.
That is blatantly evident. It's like denying NeoGaf is practically run by Sony.
>>
>splitting /v/ up AGAIN

Holy shit that board is more trouble than its worth.
But I kinda agree that it cant get any worse so might as well try and see.
>>
>>320660
This.

/vr/ is the only success story of splitting /v/ and that's because it's small.
>>
>>320663
I don't think it's much different on Nintendo threads' end. There's plenty of NINTENDOOMED and Sonyposting too. Are you sure it's not just neutral falseflagging shitposters trying to rile both ends up?
>>
>>320665
They also need to change the moderation. Shitposting threads go on for 400 pages untouched while similar shitposting threads for a console preferred by mods get deleted within seconds.
>>
No, that's fucking retaded. I love both Jap and West games, I don't want to browse two boards for them.
>>
>>320665
WE JUST NEED TO GO FURTHER BEYOND SENPAI
>>
>>320672
If you don't realize it's west shitters that are destroying /v/ then you're clearly blind
>>
File: nintendogaf.jpg (411KB, 1429x1138px) Image search: [Google]
nintendogaf.jpg
411KB, 1429x1138px
>>320668
>Are you sure it's not just neutral falseflagging shitposters trying to rile both ends up?
Who would do that? Either way, the mods should treat all type of shitposting as the same instead of just deleting Nintendo shitposting threads while leaving Sony shitposting threads alone.
>>
File: 1446266419308.png (269KB, 933x477px) Image search: [Google]
1446266419308.png
269KB, 933x477px
It's obvious the moderation is biased heavily to Nintendo's favor.
>>
>>320655
but spamming lolwestfags and loldudebro is?
>>
No.
Fixing /v/ is very simple

Just ban all frogposting and feel guy posting.
>>
>hurrr it was already split a few times, so what's the point of splitting it again
Those weren't even splits. They were just carving bits off. It needs to be cut IN HALF.
>>
>>320679
This.
Im tired newfags trying to split /v/ even more.
>>
>>320674
How? The only thing killing /v/ was the ebonics, which is better now.
That and ecelebs/sjw/feminism shit.

>Honestly believing either board would benefit from removing one or the other

Also how far would you go with it? Mario games are made in Japan. Are you going to include all sony games as well? Any game at all made in Japan?

That's completely fucking retarded.
>>
>>317670
>The shitposting can't be stopped. However, it can be separated
It sounds like the better way would be separating console and PC gaming.
>filename
No way
>>
>Hating on ebonics

s.mh white people
>>
This is easily the most retarded reason for a board split I've seen and I'm not convinced that this whole thread isn't just shitposting.
>>
>>320687
It makes more sense than the creation of /vr/. I'm still not in favour of it though.
>>
>>320687
It's literally impossible to discuss japanese games on /v/ without retards coming in screaming about "weebshit"
>>
>>320687
A drastic change of moderators would probably be better. Shitposting goes by too easily. And /v/ should always be a board that leans more towards Japan. This is 4chan after all.
>>
>>320691
You can discuss both on /v/.
Quit being a bitch just because it's different from your old forum.
>>
>>320691
Well anon which games? Because
>which senran would you kagura
is literal weebshit as opposed to
>Tales, Xenoblade, FF, ...
And plenty of other non-shitty japanese games
>>
What /v/ needs an opening post robot. I don't give a shit about Western vs. Eastern, the problem is the constantly regurgitated threads that don't have any clear point of discussion.

>why is this allowed
>what did he mean by this
>>
Also, why do Idolmaster threads get deleted on /v/? I can spot five shitposting threads any time of the hour yet the moment and Idolmaster thread pops up and it's deleted within seconds.

Why do /v/ mods hate anime games?
>>
>>320675
Well in all fairness these threads were at 2 different timeframes. I'd be convinced if they were both made around the same time. Night /v/ is covered with garbage threads without moderation for hours.
>>
>>320697
>stop liking games I don't like
Fuck off cancer
>>
>>320697
>is literal weebshit
And whats wrong with that?
>>
>>320697
>>which senran would you kagura
Is perfectly fine for a Japanese imageboard. Sorry that waifus offend you on 4chan.
>>
>>320703
Absolutely nothing, as long as you don't cry like a bitch and demand a board split like >>320702
>>320706
>>
>>320685
>It sounds like the better way would be separating console and PC gaming
That'd just be duplicating a lot of discussion and/or splitting the fans of any multiplat game.
>No way
It's not a boy (I don't think so, anyway). I just saved it as that to bait people.
>>
>>320708
This is the /v/ cancer incarnate. Look at this faggot, using "weebshit" unironically on a weeb site made by weebs for weebs. This is why /v/ is in a dire need of a cleansing. It has become normie magnet number one.
>>
How about let's leave /v/ as it is and all learn to ignore posts we don't like?
>>
>>320712
Yeah because Wapanese hasn't been on 4chan for nearly a decade.
>>
>>320715
Try to make a Bloodborne thread and see how that works out. Ignoring shitposting is only feasible when shitposting is a minority of posts.
>>
>>320717
wapanese was filtered for a reason. Learn your 4chan history before spewing it.
>>
how about no, because /v/ is already split up too much
>>
>>320719
Thank god we have the term weeaboo.
>>
>>320718
Well, maybe PS4 players should learn to act like adults.
>>
>>320718
That's because every Bloodborne thread starts as a console war.
>>
>>320723
And why is that? Why is the only Bloodborne thread on /v/ one that says it's coming to PC? Just like yesterday? Just like the day before yesterday? Mods aren't even trying to salvage that shit.
>>
>>320660
>This will just make /v/ a Sony Nintendo playground.
That would be for the best desu because most of the shitposting comes from Microsoft marketers and PKeks
>>
We need to split the board because I have thin-skin and I don't want people to bully me on 4chan :(
>>
>>320728
I think people want to split the board so they can actually discuss the games they post about.
>>
>>320731
Literally nothing stopping them if they just ignore the one or two mean posts where someone says
>weebshit
and the thread continues as if nothing happened.
>>
>>320735
>one or two posts
>>
>>320727
Implying it's not a Sony-Nintendo playground now.
>>
>>320735
>Just ignore the posts!
Except literally no one does this. Or just because I do, doesn't mean someone else will.

It's impossible to make everyone agree to not acknowledge a post.
>>
>>320735
>having to tolerate dudebros on a weeaboo site
No you faggot. That's not how it works. It's the normies that should adapt themselves to board culture, not vice versa.
>>
Nobody fucking uses sage anymore. Obvious bait threads stay up all day because retards keep bumping them.
>>
>>320743
>Nobody fucking uses sage anymore.
Of course not, because it isn't visible anymore.

That's what we need back, visible sage.
>>
/v/ here, go die in a fire.

Splitting a board is not a bad idea by itself but not like this.
>Nintendo and Sony are japanese
>But they have western dev studios like Retro Studios and Insomniac
Where I am supposed to discuss Tropical Freeze or Metroid and Ratchet and Clank?
>>
File: IMG_4268.png (709KB, 432x647px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4268.png
709KB, 432x647px
>western video games board
>japanese video games board

Doesn't work, Metal Gear, Dark Souls, and a ton of other games would be up on both boards since western fags don't know shit about vidya.

I just don't think /v/ should be split up more. Just add and enforce some rules like no "60 vs 30 fps" or "E-Celeb" threads. And ban all "never ever PC keks" and "thanks for beta testing console peasants" shit posters.
>>
>>320745
The western board obviously?
Sorry the western board is full of underage faggots, but that should just speak to taste in vidya
>>
>>320743
They probably bump them knowing that you specifically will get mad.
>>
>>320746
Well the idea is that the western board becomes shitposting ground for Neofaggers so the rest of us can talk about vidya in /v/ jap proper.
>>
File: 1444846958215.png (39KB, 900x700px) Image search: [Google]
1444846958215.png
39KB, 900x700px
>>314830
A good way to fix /v/ would be to ban people like you.

I generally prefer japanese games but your faggotry is exactly what killed /v/.

We need to crack down on console wars, samefags, general shit tier flamebait and all the other faggotry that plagues the board.

IDs would help. More actives mods would help too. A userbase that reports garbage would help a LOT.
Why is there no sticky on /v/? Its clear that most dont know the actual 4chan rules and how you get the mods attention.
>>
>>320748
>The western board obviously?
But Metroid and DK are japanese series. Obviously my ass.
>>
>>320735
>putting the onus on retards
No. You can't stop retards from responding to bait/shitposts. You have to separate the retards from the baiters.
>>320745
Split by dev; not by publisher.
>>
>>314830
Lmao why are you stupid weebcúcks so salty, I constantly see you posting off topic shitposting and bait threads
>>
>>320744
I thought it doesn't work.
>>
>>320748
jap board would be made entirely of 15 year olds and neckbeards discussing their waifu and zero gameplay discussion. I like to discuss some games indepth like SF or Souls and waifufags are stupid as shit.
>>
>>320752
They have had entries made by western developers
>>
>>320757
This is delusion
>>
>>320751
>Why is there no sticky on /v/?
Holy shit, this. I see many boards were there is a red letters sticky that lists the rules. But /v/ looks like a board forgotten by gods and mods.
Pushing out eCelebs and off topic shit would be a great idea.
>>
>>320757
Then stay at your western board filled with shitposters and NeoFaggers.
>>
>>320757
What's to stop people who normally prefer western games to discuss games like the Souls series on /jv/? Do you think they would just stay on the western board? No, they would come to /jv/ to discuss the few jap games they did like.
>>
>>320758
But also entries made by eastern ones.
>>
>>320739
>>320740
>waah people are mean to me better cry about it to the mods

If you want your board to be a safe space hugbox then fuck off
>>
>>320751
>>320762
Moot once said it was because /v/ has the easiest rules "Talk about Videogames"
>>
>>320727
Get fucking real, nobody is better at shitposting than sonyponies
>>
>>320769
You retards cry sonypony every fucking chance you get
>>
>>320764
At least Neofaggers can actually play Blazblue unlike every poster in the BB threads on /a/ and /v/. You're only good players fled years ago to IRC.
>>
>>320767
I just want to be able to talk about videogames.

It's not about the insults. The problem is it evolved to a giant shitposting thread where both sides are flinging insults instead of actually talking about the god damn game.
>>
>>320756
sage still works
>>
>>320753
>Split by dev; not by publisher.
So, if I make a thread on the japanese board about Metroid, I can talk about all the games except the Prime ones, otherwise I'd be banned?
And if I make a Metroid thread in the western board, I'd be forced to talk about only Prime games?
This is beyond stupid.
>>
>>314830
This would be perfect.
>>
>want to talk about MGSV so I go to /vj/
>mention MGO in my post
>get banned because MGO was made by a western studiio

>go into metroid thread
>mention metroid prime: hunters
>fine
>mention metroid prime
>banned
>>
>>320768
And judging by the state of /v/, moot fucked up.
>>
>>320775
I would assume this would cross into the territory about how you can talk about anime related video games on /v/ and /a/
>>
>>320768
Moot was both right and wrong about that.
Sure, you talk about videogames.
That takes care of the offtopic shit.

Now what about console wars and other videogame related shitposting?
What about the general post quality?
What about the samefagging niggers posting their same stale shit every hour?
>>
>>320768
I think /v/ really does need that spelled out at the top of the board at all times.
>>
>>320771
Just like how you cry and moan about NintendoGAF, Xbots, and PCfats, the door swings both ways bitch
>>
>>320777
I'm pretty sure there would be some exceptions on both boards, ya dingus
>>
>>320774
I dunno, writing "sage" kicks me away with "File can't be uploaded" or whatever error
>>
>>320771
Sonyggers really are best at playing the victim.
>>
>>320779
>you can talk about anime related video games on /v/ and /a/
Too bad every single "anime related videogame" thread on /v/ is against the rules, since everyone talks about the anime itself and not the videogame of the anime.
>>
>>320727
>this delusional nintoddler/sonygger

Xbox fans almost never shitpost
>>
>>320786
>>320782
Nah i'm idort unlike you pathetic brand faggots
>>
>>320775
That's a good point. Well, Metroid started off Japanese. Therefore, it should go on /jv/.

For instance, if a Jap studio decided to make a Deus Ex game, it would still go on /wv/.

Or, we can do what >>320779 said.
>>
>>320790
Sonyggers are also best at false flagging like you are right now.
>>
>>320785
It definitely still works. Sage any post on page 10, refresh, and it'll still be on page 10. Not sure why you'd be getting that error
>>
>>320754
This, I see way more anti western game shitposting threads and when I call the retarded weeaboos out they start to feel like victims
>>
>>320785
Sure you are using the options field and not the name field?
>>
>>320790
So am I, faggot. Pull your head out of your ass.
>>
>>320771
It has been proven and voted multiple times they are the most cancerous fanbase
>>
>>320798
Yeah nah
Only poorfags use shitty /v/ermin buzzwords like sonyggers and pcfats
>>
>>320773
There's literally no reason to have SK, Persona and Neptunia threads every fucking day, if you have problem with that go to /vg/
>>
>>320800
>he says unironically saying "poorfag"
Fuck off, retard.
>>
>>320727
Official shitposting rankings on /v/:
Sonyggers>>>>PCfats>Nintendrones>>>>>>>>>>xbutts

Xbox has no fanbase on /v/.
>>
>>320806
>he's unironically poor

>>320800
but calling people nintendrones and xbots is perfectly fine
>>
>>320806
Fuck off /v/ermin
>>
>>320802
Same could be said of plenty of western games.

Persona has an upcoming game, so people are taking about it and the series in general. Neptunia releases games quite frequently.

Fallout 4 is coming out soon, so there are tons of threads about it. MGS has threads every day too.

We don't need eceleb threads every day either but here we are, knee deep in the shit.
>>
>>320802
>there is literally no reason to talk about games I don't like
Modern /v/ everyone. People bitching about games discussed are often NeoFaggers upset that people like more than just tumblr bait.
>>
>>320809
>he's unironically retarded

>>320810
>get called out on being a hypocrite
>"f-fuck off"
Eat shit and die.
>>
>>320808
xbros just want Scalebound to get a higher FPS than 10 and for Halo to be good.
>>
>>320817
Cry harder about your sony boogyman
>>
>>320738
>>320769
>>320789
>>320808
Deflection AND falseflagging, as expected. I love how you pretend to not exist while constantly posting and defending the latest Halo rehashes and shilling for "based comfy Xbone and based Phil Spencer"
>>
File: 1444947625765.png (60KB, 199x197px) Image search: [Google]
1444947625765.png
60KB, 199x197px
>>320822
You see like one xbox thread every two days on /v/ at best.

Xbox has no audience on /v/. Its extremely western focused and people who like western games gravitate towards PC already.
At least on /v/, where people prefer to play their spess muhreen shooters with keyboard and mouse.

It also really doesnt help that the Xbox brand has been a publicity nightmare for a long time now.

Thats the last response you're getting from me you shitposting faggot.
>>
>>320814
>NeoFaggers
>complaining about Sony game threads
You are genuinely retarded
>>
>>320830
neogaf doesn't like games that aren't western
>>
>>320830
But Neofag loves Sony, and hates every Japanese game on Sony consoles
>>
>>320790
>>320800
>>320809
Good goy!
>>
See? Look at this thread's last posts. This is how /v/ is. Every day, every hour, infinite shitflinging between retarded fanboys, arguing who is the worst when they are all equally stupid.

Help us.
>>
>>320831
>what is uncharted
>>
>>320822
>>320821
>>320817
>>320809
>>320808
>>320806
>>320800
>>320798
>>320794
>>320789
>>320786
>>320782
>>320771
>>320769
See this shit? This is one of the reasons /v/ has and always will be shit. For some unfathomable reason people cant get a 'stop liking what I dont like' mentality out of their fucking heads and have just spewed the same shit like this for years.

Assuming you arent shitposting for the sake of shitposting, what the fuck do you retards getting out of any of this? It sure as shit isnt video game discussion.
>>
>>320838
A western game?
>>
>>320841
oh shit i misread that post
>>
>>320831
>>320832
How am I supposed to know
>>
>>320840
Are you somehow implying that Sonyggers arent the worst shitposters on /v/
>>
File: 1406526464008.png (76KB, 194x250px) Image search: [Google]
1406526464008.png
76KB, 194x250px
>>320837
>>320840
Yeah. It's awful. I didn't even notice it until you pointed it out. I've become so used to the shitposting.
>>
I think this thread is proof enough that splitting /v/ won't do anything. As long as there are "fanbases" /v/ will never be good.
>>
>>320844
keep crying about that sony boogyman
>>
>>320831
They sure do love Final Fantasy, streamboaring Japanese fighting games, and Souls games.
>>
>>320797
I didn't know sage must be written only in Options field. I thought sage works there as usual.
>>
>>320849
NeoFag hates anything Japanese. They shitpost in FF threads all the time and they always bitch how Jap devs are pedophiles. This is why people who whine about "weebshit" on /v/ are regarded as NeoFaggers. It's the same bullshit.
>>
>>320848
>boogyman
Yeah, that must be it.
>>
>>320840
>>320848
>sonyfag can't handle the facts
>>
>>320851
I pretty much only play japanese games and I still voice my issues with weebshit, because not all japanese games are garbage like that.
>>
>>320844
Are you somehow implying you arent shitposting right now and that you're somehow better than them? I hate all of you faggots equally, its unbearable just how childish anything that devoles into brand loyalty is. Consider suicide.
>>
>>320853
>i'm a sonyfag even though I have a 3ds in my hands right now
>>
>>320851
post proof because I'm looking at a 394 FFXIV circlejerk thread and a CoD hate thread right now.
>>
>>320856
Why don't you just ignore the games that don't appeal to you instead of acting like a drama whore NeoFagger? Literally nobody cares about your opinions. Nobody makes a Senran thread for you to voice your opinion.
>>
>>320857
Who says that I'm a brand loyalist?
I'm just saying it how it is. Sonyggers are objectively the worst shitposters on /v/.
And thats not a shitpost, thats a pretty fucking on point observation.
>>
>>320846
The only thing to do is bringing more moderation. Isn't /v/ like one of the most active boards on 4chan? More activity means need of more moderation. There are hours on /v/ where there are no mods or janitors around, where shitposters dump NSFW and furry shit non stop.
>>
>>320860
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1128536

They hate Japanese devs. They always shit on Japanese devs no matter what. And shitting on Destiny will net you a ban since one of the mods is a Bungie shill.
>>
>>320860
FFXIV is an mmo.
Everybody hates COD
>>
>>320863
/v/'s moderation exists. It's just that it's selective and very often also faulty. Nintendo shitposting threads are deleted very fast. PS4 shitposting threads last until bump limit is hit. Waifu threads get deleted within seconds.

Mods exist. It's just that they don't know how to moderate.
>>
>>320861
Why should I ignore them? Didnt know that people only care about circlejerking.
I'm not satisfied with the direction japanese games are heading into, and I will not stop talking about that until things change.

Also Senran threads are shit. Nothing but softcore dumps and waifu posting. No gameplay discussion ever. Its pretty much offtopic.
I definitely dont participate in that garbage.
>>
>>320867
I actively buy games like Senran and Neptunia because of people like you
>>
File: 1445482644997.png (16KB, 619x185px) Image search: [Google]
1445482644997.png
16KB, 619x185px
>>320863
Garbage like NSFW and furry is the least of /v/'s problems. Just look at this thread. It's "discussion" like this 24/7. Nobody in that board can just agree to disagree.
>>
>>320866
No, they are simply not enough and not present enough. Fuck off with your console war fanboy paranoia.
>>
>>320860
FF14 has dedicated spammers.

At some point it got so bad that they actually entered every other MMO thread just to shit it up and advertise their game.
Mods actually started deleting the threads because it was clearly general material and the posters were obnoxious as fuck.

I guess they arent getting deleted now because its not as extreme anymore.

And for some reason CoD threads have been much more popular lately. People dont shit onto the game as much as they should anymore.

>>320869
Thats pretty fucking stupid. You're like one of those retards who bought hatred to "show those SJWs".
>>
File: SHITPOSTING.png (443KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
SHITPOSTING.png
443KB, 1500x1500px
ITT
>>
File: congratulations.gif (169KB, 390x290px) Image search: [Google]
congratulations.gif
169KB, 390x290px
>>320867
>Why should I ignore them?
Do you want people in your threads always shitposting how they don't like the game? You come off as self-centered, thinking your opinion is hot shit. It's not. Nobody asked for your input. When someone makes a Senran thread or FF thread, they're not looking for you to enter it and publically display your opinions. Nobody cares.

Fuck off if you can't deal with niche weeb games being talked about. The fact that you think that's the "direction" Jap games are taking displays a NeoFagger-tier paranoia that has no understanding that these type of games have always existed.

Thanks for posting though. Proves everyone's point why /v/ needs to cull the normies who shitpost in Jap game threads.
>>
>>320876
There is nothing wrong with that image. If your taste is shit I'm going to tell you.
>>
>>320885
Why?
>>
>>320876
That almost reeks of circlejerk justification. You might like /vg/.
>>
>>320886
why not
>>
>>320837
And I wouldn't have it any other way desu
>>
File: normiecuck.jpg (134KB, 500x1200px) Image search: [Google]
normiecuck.jpg
134KB, 500x1200px
This has become /v/ in a nutshell. Most people posting are cross-posters from NeoFag or Reddit.
>>
>>320886
The thrill of domination, obviously.
>>
>>320864
>"yeah, the outfits for the main cast look pretty damn great from what I recall. "
>"hope the game gets different versions of their black uniforms, at least... level 1 version, level 99 version, winter weather version, beach volleyball version, whatever. i'm ok with the design style if we got some variety and progress out of that general 'style'"
>"Shirtless basketball minigame in FF XV confirmed! Featuring Cindy as a secret unlock!"

Wow all of that hate. The only hate I'm seeing is people wanting more Fantasy-esque armor or clothing like previous FFs.
>>
>>320881
I am not interested in your completely wrong observation of the japanese games market.

I will also not stop voicing my opinions.
Shouting Neogaf or normies at anybody who disagrees with you wont accomplish change this.
Its also not shitposting just because someone disagrees with you.

If anything offtopic softcore porn dumps are what you could call shitposts.
>>
>>320893
Keep on reading. They're all mocking the director for being clueless. Meanwhile you get banned for shitting on any aspect of Destiny since one of the NeoFAG mods is a literal Destiny shill. NeoFag is infamous for pushing western shit.
>>
>>320895
>I will also not stop voicing my opinions.
Calm down NeoFag. I'm saying your opinion has no weight. You're acting like a child, thinking your opinions matter. They don't. For someone who makes a Senran thread, your opinions won't change their minds. They'll just think you a retard for attempting to derail their threads.

>If anything offtopic
>off-topic
>anime videogame image thread on an anime weeaboo imagesite

You keep proving yourself clueless and a NeoFagger. Good job.
>>
File: Bean_Seller.png (203KB, 500x591px) Image search: [Google]
Bean_Seller.png
203KB, 500x591px
>>320899
>NEOFAG NEOFAG NEOFAG
Talk about shitposting.
>>
>>320899
Listen up, there are Neofags posting on /v/ but your paranoia is reaching the critical mass.
Chill down and shut up.
>>
>>320896
Alright

>"the outfits are fine. Just let me change the colours to tell people apart."
>"I don't mind the cast's designs(like facial and hair design) though they would be a lot more unique with the two female characters shown as part of the crew but the thing that I dislike is their outfits. Like, the all black thing already makes them less diverse(really? They couldn't do black with other colors to seperate their design?) and then the outfits don't look great either. Noctis's original design was far more interesting and the others just look okay, with only two looking better than their original design."
>"I think their outfits are awesome. I like that they have style, even if it's unrealistic for battle. It doesn't bother me :)"

Looking at a Destiny thread now:
>"Because they make bad decisions. Same reason why supers are allowed in PvP and exotic weapons.
"
>"It's dumb that there is anything that you could play privately with friends that doesn't also allow matchmaking. There is absolutely no logic for being against it, since it would only effect those that want it."

>"Raiding in Destiny is nowhere near the complexity of MMO raids like found in WoW and such. They could have easily put in a playlist matchmaking feature for those who want it. Really no reason why they can't, as those hardcore are going to play in organized groups and not use matchmaking. Even the so called complex MMOs now have group finder raiding options even."
>>
>>320908
Why do people do this?
>>
>>320896
Oh and there is a long as fuck Tales of Zestiria circlejerk thread.
>>
>>320911
Beats me.
Blaming Neogaf for everything is silly by the way, but pretending they don't shitpost on /v/ is way more silly.
>>
>>320911
memes transcend space and time.

I think its weird that people expect communities to have absolutely no overlap.
Whats weirder is that I, someone who has absolutely no interest in visiting reddit or neogaf have to read about those places on 4chan all the time because people go berserk when others steal their memes.

Retards who shout Reddit and Neogaf 24/7 are some of the worst cancer on the board.
When people act like bitches on 4chan then thats not a reddit or neogaf thing, thats a local problem. And that should also be solved locally.
>>
File: tim-actually-said-this.png (158KB, 650x740px) Image search: [Google]
tim-actually-said-this.png
158KB, 650x740px
>>320915
Loss is pretty widespread across the internet. I'm pretty sure webcomic forums like Penny Arcade blew up when it was first released and a shitload of artists started their own parodies. I don't know if Gaf was part of it, but Buckley hate isn't exclusive to /v/ in the slightest.
>>
File: 0748.png (59KB, 318x850px) Image search: [Google]
0748.png
59KB, 318x850px
>>320931
The best webcomic in the world was making fun of loss for multiple years.
He made like at least two loss comics every month, and then some more extra punchlines.

Loss was a pretty big deal back then. And generally everybody did way better parodies than 4chan.
The /v/ loss.jpg shit is actually terrible meme tier trash.
>>
>>320945
Loss parodies from webcomics and other sites happened right after Fuckely posted Loss as well. Shit was insane.
>>
>>320952
Yeah, everybody was permanently shitting on him.

Good times.
>>
>>317597
>You post shit, you get shitposted

It should be
>You post shit, you get shitposted, who then get banned.

Ban self-moderation faggots from this site.
>>
File: 1401957162455.jpg (64KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1401957162455.jpg
64KB, 1280x720px
To the mod/janitor who keeps deleting shitposts about "weebshit": thanks. It's not as good as splitting the board, but it's something.
>>
File: implying.png (306KB, 435x434px) Image search: [Google]
implying.png
306KB, 435x434px
>>320691
>discuss

Nobody "discusses" anything in weebgame threads, it's literally all waifufaggotry.

>who do you think is best Nep?
>I love Riesen!
>I want Chie to fart on my face desu

Literally every JRPG thread ever.
>>
/v/ just needs a sticky saying
>No Consolewars
>No e-celeb
>No repeat threads
>No obvious shitposting

Give a 15min ban for anyone who breaks the sticky and a day ban for anyone who says PCfat, Sonygger, kek, etc or posts those shitty /tv/ memes
>>
File: 1445037167434.jpg (41KB, 250x235px) Image search: [Google]
1445037167434.jpg
41KB, 250x235px
>>322224
Take a look at Skyrim, The Witcher and Mass Effect and Dragon Age threads on /vg/ sometime, Westkek. You don't even realize that it was your precious WRPGs that started with the dating sim shit despite criticizing Persona all the time for it.
>>
>>322242
Most people wouldn't read it. You have to assume that the majority is retarded, and work from there.
>>
>/v/ needs that
>/v/ needs this
You're just revealing your own newfaggotry, idiots. /v/ is as serviceable as it's been in years.
And even if not - like /b/, you really shouldn't provoke the hornet's nest.
>>
>>322291
/v/ is at the worst point it has been in years. Back then we didn't have Redditors and NeoGaf fags invading, but now we do and they won't leave.

We have got to fix this massive problem, and while I agree with >>322242 it simply won't work because the underage faggots will ignore the sticky. I hate to say it, but we might need a split at this point
>>
Hello,

Could you discuss in /v/, please?
/v/ relating things need to be discussed in /v/, I think.
>>
File: 1420023195509.png (134KB, 525x353px) Image search: [Google]
1420023195509.png
134KB, 525x353px
>>322303
He's here, the absolute madman!
>>
>>322297
>/v/ is at the worst point it has been in years
It really, really isn't.
I'd like you to take a screencap of the /v/ catalog and circle all the threads you consider bad or shitposting. Give some examples of what you think are "good" threads, for good measure.
>>
File: 1349873855529.jpg (9KB, 290x268px) Image search: [Google]
1349873855529.jpg
9KB, 290x268px
>>322303
...and there goes the thread.
>>
File: Greater_than_symbol.jpg (5KB, 292x284px) Image search: [Google]
Greater_than_symbol.jpg
5KB, 292x284px
>>320699
What if opening posts couldn't contain greentext?
>>
>>322303
It's not gonna work Hiro. It's just massive shitposting now.

But really we need help with /v/. Either we need to split the board or reinforce the rules
>>
>>322303
Yes, /qa/ really isn't a good place to talk about these things. The only people who come to /qa/ are people who have a lot to complain about (for example: >>322324).
/v/ is doing fine, all things considered.
>>
>>322303
Also it's best you start the thread. The mods will just end up deleting anything we anons create anyway and it'll get shitposterd to death
>>
>>322328
No it's not and you know it. I have never seen /v/ as bad as it is now
>>
>>322332
Good to know you've only been around for 2 years or less.
>>
>>322332
Also, see: >>322308
>>
>>322324
I see.
But there are other /v/ people who don't know this discussion.
I think they need to know and express their opinions, too.
>>
>>322338
Please don't listen to these people! /v/ is fine! There's no need to start splitting the community.
>>
>>>/v/315339652
>>
don't you fucking dare, hiroyuki
>>
>>322338
hiro, I saw you were posting and just wanted to take the opportunity to say I appreciate what you've been doing for the site and hope you're enjoying your time on 4chan.
>>
File: n o.gif (974KB, 500x368px) Image search: [Google]
n o.gif
974KB, 500x368px
>>322303
No.

The board's been split enough. I'm having to straddle three goddamn boards already. Enough is enough.
>>
File: 1398542312966.png (190KB, 500x586px) Image search: [Google]
1398542312966.png
190KB, 500x586px
>>322338
We don't need to split the board at all, we just need better moderation. "Cute video game girl thread", "Trap thread", "Console war thread", all of these do not belong on /v/. /v/ is your biggest board besides /b/, I really think that you have to focus a bit more of your attention there.

Also just wanted to say really good job on the most recent wordfilters that you've added. Really cleaned the entire site up with baka desu sempai.
>>
File: 1416526299229.jpg (127KB, 693x693px) Image search: [Google]
1416526299229.jpg
127KB, 693x693px
There are 4 /v/s, stop splitting it for fucks sake
>>
>>322338
Please, /v/ does not need any more splitting.
What we do need is more strict enforcement of rules.
>>
>>322338
Hiroyuki, there's a growing trend of people coming to /v/ who don't have any intention of talking about video games, but rather talk about celebrities who gain their fame through the internet.

A vidya culture board where such things can be taken would be a godsend.

That being said, OP is talking nonsense about Japanese vs Western game divide, both have co-existed on /v/ for years without any issues
>>
>>322338
Moot said it before
"Talk about videogames!"
Just get more janitors/mods that enforce the only fucking rule of the board.
>>
>>322303
>hiro
HIRO NO
DON'T TAKE THE BAIT
FUCKING /v/ have 4 , 4 FUCKING BOARDS.
DON'T DO THIS MAN
>>
>>322303
There is no fucking reason to split /v/. Not all change is good, stop looking to change things just for the sake of doing so.
>>
File: stupid_toontown.jpg (42KB, 368x367px) Image search: [Google]
stupid_toontown.jpg
42KB, 368x367px
>splitting /v/

Then it isn't /v/. Don't do it Hiro!
>>
Please do not split /v/.

Its fragmented enough as it is.
>>
>>322338
Creating an 'internet pop culture' board in order to remove e-celeb discussions would be nice.
>>
>>322303
We would discuss things in /v/ if your power hungry little dick eating mods didn't keep deleting every thread about it.

How about this; you pull your kids into line, we'll tell you how to fix your shitty site.
>>
>>322338
Please do not remove the word filters.
>>
>>322338
Anything that slows down the posting on /v/ is a positive thing, I'd be fine with more board splitting.
>>
/v/ has been split too many times as is.

>/vg/, longer discussions for specific games
>/vp/, strictly one video game franchise
>/vr/, strictly for discussing games from ages past
>/jp/, an abomination of /a/ and /v/ if they were one board

Three and a half splits is enough. /v/ is already fractured as it is, and further splitting will just encourage more toxic behavior.

>/vw/ and /ve/ created, Vidya West and Vidya East
>/ve/ spams waifu threads on /vw/, /vw/ spams "muh superior graphix" and similar insults on /ve/
>Literally no worse than /mlp/ was with /v/ when it first came about

It would be a horrible, HORRIBLE choice to split even more.
>>
splitting by west and jap I feel would do more damage then good, but something should be done about the e-celeb garbage and console war non-sense. Having 6 threads pop up about the same game also really doesn't help, rule enforcement might help.
>>
>>322362
That's fucking dumb. A friendly reminder that "containment boards" don't work - they just attract and breed more cancer, which then inevitably spills out again.
>>
File: 1422416578271.png (355KB, 486x466px) Image search: [Google]
1422416578271.png
355KB, 486x466px
NO
why is this board allowed to exist
>>
>>322338
An Hiro, nuke /v/. Destroy it and build it anew. the shitposting is out of control
>>
>>322338
The thread is up here >>>/v/315340257

However Hiro I really do believe we need better moderation and a sticky saying what the rules are.
>>
http://strawpoll.me/5915679

Here you go familia
>>
File: 1b7.jpg (46KB, 552x579px) Image search: [Google]
1b7.jpg
46KB, 552x579px
>>322340
>/v/ is fine

/v/ is a fucking shithole
>>
>>322338
I've been coming to this site for more than 10 years

/v/ has deteriorated over the years but it was never ever so bad where every thread is just shitposting on top of more shitposting , even when we had generals fill up the first page we still had some discussions here and there but now you have to almost dig under the dirt to find threads that feel like they were not made to get a quick reaction or two.

honestly I'll put it like this
In my entire decade+ time on this site I will open one tab for /v/ , one for /a/ and another for /g/. Now I'll open one tab for /a/ , /g/ , /sp/ , /v/.
>>
THAT'S
FUCKING
RETARDED
>>
>>322303
Where would MGS threads go?
>>
>>322338

Moot split up /v/ years ago because people were unhappy with games like Starcraft or MOBAs. /vg/ was a direct response to how these games had too many threads.

The thing is, we really don't need /v/ to be split up again. /vg/ only happened because we did not have thread management controls or tracking systems like the catalog. Now that we have those today, it doesn't make sense to keep dividing up the board. If you split it off again, it will only make it worse since people will shitpost even more about how something doesn't belong in /v/.

What the board needs the most is good moderators that understand when to get rid of a thread and when not to.
>>
>>322303
Take off the cùck filter tbph pham
>>
>>322373
Fucking stupid poll.

The western and eastern split should never ever happen, but something needs to be done about the SJW bait, twitter screencap and e-celeb threads
>>
Have some form of an online culture board instead. It's a good place for the game lets plays to be rather than filling up the board with ecelebs, among other things such as camwhores, console wars, feminist shit, etc.
>>
File: trash.jpg (93KB, 292x370px) Image search: [Google]
trash.jpg
93KB, 292x370px
>>322381
>something needs to be done about the SJW bait, twitter screencap and e-celeb threads
Just delete it.
>>
>>322303

No matter what anyone tells you, don't split /v/. You'll just encourage more westaboos and normals to come here. They need to be ridiculed. Containment boards let them hide.
>>
>>322303

Please Hiro. Just ban posting from mobile IPs. It will cease so much shitposting.
>>
>>322379
>kek
Excellent
>>
>>322382
>>322381
See: >>322369
>>
A Internet Culture board would be fantastic, all the shitposting about E-celebs goes there because there isn't really a board for it.

stuff like Jontron, DSP, Game Grumps could go there as well as threads for stuff like Youtubers while it's enforced not to post about that stuff in /v/
>>
>>322377
Its a fucking japanese games. Where do you think would it go you fucking retard.
>>
>>322303
Please split /v/ into /sony/, /nintendo/ and /microsoft/. The shitposting is unbearable, every time a new game gets announced everyone loses their shit and discussion about the game becomes impossible because of either exclusivity or people laughing at others.
>>
>>322389
>>
>>322338
Enforce bans on stuff which has nothing to do with video games and their production.
I do not give a hoot about Anita Sarkeesian, Brian Who or whoever.
Them being mentioned or simply posted usually results in any thread being derailed.
They are used as thinly veiled excuses for flame bait at this point.
I believe that they, as well as other social media related posts or topics which have little in common with video games, should be treated as such.
>>
>>322303
A manga board is far more important than a split between eastern and western vidya.
>>
No, it does need better moderation, but it does good at keeping at itself, wait till you see e3 threads. i cant imagine how they would end up if /v/ split
>>
>>322391

Or you could just report port beggars. /v/ is fine, its users are not. We need a serious tutorial on how to use 4chan correctly. Janny and mods can't delete/ban what we don't report.
>>
>>322394
Fuck off retard.
>>
>>322394
>A manga board
No.
>>
>>322338
THERE'S ALREADY 4 VIDEO GAME BOARDS DON'T DO IT
>>
>>322369
>containment boards don't work
/mlp/ disagrees
>>
File: an ancient evil.jpg (3KB, 124x121px) Image search: [Google]
an ancient evil.jpg
3KB, 124x121px
>>322303
Do not split /v/ again. It has happened enough with /vg/,/vp/, and /vr/, and it would fucking suck.
>>
>>322394
>manga board
pls no, that'll create more issues than it solves.
>>
If we are making another board, we just need a Sonygger quarantine board. Outside of that, more mods and the ability to report these fucking transparent shill threads that keep coming up. Moot went full jew and removed the option to report advertising and we need it back.
>>
>>322367
No, chopping up /v/ further is worth it for the sadistic pleasure alone. It needs to be killed slowly.
>>
>>322303
Does that mean we can have Gamer Gate threads again?
>>
This is a horrible idea.

Don't do it.
>>
>>322393
this desu
less stuff people can shitpost about is always good
>>
Merge /v/ and /vg/ back together, fuck separatist reddit cocksuckers.

Prove you are not a kek like your predecessor and admit there's literally no fucking reason for these two boards to exist separately.
>>
File: 6563656.jpg (32KB, 411x309px) Image search: [Google]
6563656.jpg
32KB, 411x309px
>>322338
/v/ is the place to discuss video games. Period.

We only have /vg/ because some games become so popular and long standing they would generate dozens a threads that would be constantly bumped the entire day and night. Clogging up the first 3 pages with nothing but 1 game being discussed over and over.

Hell we already have a fucking retro /v/ which honestly we did not need.

We don't need a fucking West/East game divide. It is just silly at that point.

Thanks for /aco/ though Mootwo. That board has a real purpose because /h/ /d/ /e/ /cm/ and /u/ had a no Western policy. Meaning a huge amount of content was restricted. There was and is and will not be a need for a jap game only board.
>>
>>322303
Please ban mobile phone users. It will suck for some people but it's very easy to ban evade using mobile phones and they cause a lot of problems with poor quality posting.

We don't need two boards, we want to stay together as a community.
>>
>>322303
permaban everyone that doesn't have my opinion
>>
>>322397
When was the last time you saw a console exclusive thread that didn't evolve into complete shitposting? How many 'never ever' threads were there for GTAV? How many 'console peasants BTFO' threads were there after the PC announcement? It doesn't work. It's not only begging, it's complete fucking console wars.
>>
>>322401
Rule 15 is easy to enforce. Whatever rule will be around to "contain" e-celeb will be pretty much ignored, since e-celeb content isn't easy to spot at a glance.
>>
>>322338
please make a seperate board for e-celebs so they stop clogging up /v/.

thank you.
>>
>>322417
>>
>>322412
This is some pisspoor bait.
>>
>>322419
it worked for vp and mlp
>>
>>322421
See: >>322415
>>
Splitting up the board is a terrible idea.
>>
>>322388
>>322392
>>322419
nice samefag
>>
>>322338
Separate boards for e-celebs. I'm so tired of reading Twitter wars or some feminist tripe. They're all thinly veiled to promote hate and boost some SJWs popularity.
>>
>>322420
? In what way.

People who are ban-evading often announce that they can easily evade it for that very reason. It's not a secret.
>>
File: v.png (47KB, 732x793px) Image search: [Google]
v.png
47KB, 732x793px
>>322303
Please dont split /v/, while the board has to deal with a lot of topics, most of them are fads or just discussions of recent games and news that eventually die down. One of the reason people go there is that you get informed about video games and anything about it in a quick snap.

Please dont split /v/.
>>
>>322419
>>322392
>>322387

Stop samefagging your objectively wrong statement
>>
>>322389
I'd rather see a celeb board. That way it could help clean youtubers off of /v/ and celebrity gossip off of /tv/
>>
>>322414

That's the user's fault then. I know, it sucks to report half a thread, but if janny is summoned they can either prune the thread or delete it entirely. As more bans get issued for port begging, fewer people will try their luck. It doesn't even need to be an exclusive. I've noticed that it's almost impossible to talk about ps4/vita multiplats that aren't on pc without port begging. Because a few games get ported, people think that gives them a license to derail threads about gameplay discussion. Port begging has no place on any board and really should be a bannable offense.
>>
>>322403
How do you know that for certain? /a/ is pretty much just anime and just the popular manga so I don't see how a board for the lesser known stuff could be bad. Besides, the whole point of a trial board is to test the waters, if it actually makes shit worse then it can be removed just as easily as it was added.
>>
>>322303
Hiro,

Please make a board for YouTube and e-celeb stuff, maybe /yt/? We are all sick of seeing it on /v/ and want it to go away.
>>
please split /v/ just to spite all the people saying not to split it
>>
>>322428
>say kek
>related to those other guys
What
>>
>>322426
You don't need a mobile phone to evade bans. This is just some shitty copypasta people post because they get triggered by "image.jpg". They should be getting serious professional help instead of spamming nonsense.
>>
>>322425

>>322428
It's objectively correct. By opening a board you admit its content isn't just accepted on this website, it's WELCOMED here.
>>
>>322426
You sound salty that you don't have a dynamic IP
>>
>>322303
Please. Split /v/. For the love of God and all that is holy.
Split it up into /vj/ and /vw/, or /vn/, /vs/, /vm/ and /vc/ for all I care. Just split up things and make them less condensed.
>>
>>322436
>You don't need a mobile phone to evade bans
Of course not. It's just very easy for people to do.

>>322439
I have a dynamic ip, but I don't shitpost and ban-evade.
>>
hasn't /v/ been split enough for fuck sake?
>>
>>322432
>>>/m/ exists.
>>
>>322303
SPLIT THE FUCKING BOARDS PLEASE
>>
>>322303
Please don't divide /v/ more than it has to be divided.
>>
>>322338

Please don't split the board again. I have no idea what the point of /vr/ was. We don't need a split. We need to enforce the existing rules.
>>
>>322338
/v/ is shit, but adding another board and splitting up /v/ even more than it already is will just make things worse.
>>
>>322444
That's pretty much for mecha and toku though.
>>
File: Thisiscourage.png (2MB, 1280x974px) Image search: [Google]
Thisiscourage.png
2MB, 1280x974px
>>322303
>>322338
Hiro

Do not split /v/. It has been split 3 times already. It does not need anymore new boards. /v/ still has very good discussion of certain games, all we need is new moderators and for them to actually care about the board.

Companies love to advertise on /v/, we need better moderation! More mods, less user splitting, please!
>>
>>322303
Do not divide.

Remerge with /vg/ and /vr/
>>
>>322303
Right now /v/ is fine, It has been split up many times already, and the filter is literally saving the board, god bless you for that.

If anything, you should make sure the janitors stop deleting threads that aren't going against the rules/board culture. Right now it seems they are deleting threads willy-nilly.

There was some thread about homosexual characters in games a few days back and it got into some actual quality videogame discussion for once instead of shitposting, and talked about good gay characters and some examples of them and other gay characters that were clearly just shoehorned in, but some mod deleted it.

Saw a /v/ingo thread get deleted too some time back.

It seems to be really bad between 8am-4pm PST especially.

If anything were to be changed with it, it might be nice to do a test run of the unique poster id for 24 hours thing that some other boards have, just to spot all the shills and false flaggers for a while, but I'm not sure if it would be a good idea to have forever. /v/ has some weird problem with brand loyalty instead of just playing videogames.

If you have any intention of splitting anything off again. >>322433 Listen to this anon. Intstead of discussing games, some days half the threads on the board are discussing other people playing games.
>>
>>322449
Yeah, my bad. I suddenly thought it was meant for manga but that's what /a/ is also for, after all.
>>
File: 1412165954021.jpg (278KB, 1240x1753px) Image search: [Google]
1412165954021.jpg
278KB, 1240x1753px
>>322338
Look Hiro, most of us like you and all, but don't split /v/. /aco/ was a good call to separate western-style art from the standard eastern, but doing the same for /v/ will cause a rupture and possibly result in less discussion and probably more ban [spoiler]though I doubt people will care about getting banned.[/spoiler] We have /vp/, /vr/, and /vg/, so what good will a /vjp/ do?
>>
>>314830
>Can we get a board for Japanese games only please?

That's a terrible fucking idea. /v/ doesn't need to be split AGAIN.
>>
>>322447
/vr/ is not the cesspool of cancerous spam /v/ is.
>>
File: 1446599112544.jpg (207KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1446599112544.jpg
207KB, 1920x1080px
>>322338
If you're not already gone.
Can you make a /jpv/ board?
It would be a nice change of pace from hearing ''lol weebshit'' all day.
>>
>>322303
Split /v/. west and jap can cut down on mass shit posting or at the very least contain it to west.
>>
>>322303
DO NOT FUCKING SPLIT /v/
DO NOT FUCKING SPLIT /v/

That is the most moronic idea I have ever heard, it won't change any wars between fanbases, if anything it will only heighten them.
>>
>>322303
No that is bad idea and also get some better mods. They have been deleting shit for reason hafe the time well leave up shitpost threads.
>>
>>322402
>please force everyone to listen to my shitposting
>>
Make some sort of current events/celeb/SJW/GG type board. The problem on /v/ isn't west vs east, it's shit about YouTube personalities and bitching about social justice in games that needs to go. Have stricter moderation. "LOL" webcomic threads that have nothing to do with /v/ should go as well. Just make a board called VIDEO GAMES about video games. Splitting what little content we have left will not help. It will only make the problem exist on two new boards.
>>
>>322455
It does. Just for the sake of it but it does. Burn the whole thing down. Torture them.
>>
If we ever did get a /vj/ board could it be nsfw so we could discuss eroges and pornographic VN's without fears of mods banning you?
>>
Splitting the board is a stupid idea, it's been done THREE times already (/vr/, /vg/, and /vp/), and /v/ is still shit. Any board with so many users is going to be shit, even if you split the board in half it'd still be too big/fast.
>>
>>322449

The overwhelming majority of which are anime. It's okay to have subjects on multiple boards. /m/ being slower helps people single out older mecha shows. For instance, you don't see a lot of fafner on /a/ even though it's airing this season. /m/ allows mecha anime specifically to be examined more easily. /a/ overlaps with lots of boards. That doesn't mean /v/ should be split, but I like the hamfisted approach of old. Everything stays on /v/, untranslated games can also be posted on /jp/.
>>
to all "muh three splits" fags
how does this matter when /v/ still manages to remain one of the most popular boards on here which is to a significant part caused by plebbitors visiting /v/ and shitting up things for the sake of being able to
we need splits
>>
>>322303
please split
>>
>>322303
Ban posting from mobile clients on /v/ and other 'problem' boards with shitposting problems. It sucks but I'm sure that EPIC post you wanted to make can wait until you get home/you're at your PC.It's just to easy to ban evade and shitpost from mobile, they need to be regined in or get banished.

That and figure out a way to reliably ban, because whatever has been done thus far is wholly ineffective and trivial to bypass. If you're gonna permaban someone, make it stick, dont slap them on the wrist and then look the other way as the idiot sneaks back in 5 minutes later through the door you just threw his ass out of.
>>
>>322338
Normalfags always try to ruin every Japanese games threads by calling them weebshit and derailling the whole thread into west vs east.

Make the mods ban these people or split the board.
>>
>>322433
Just ban e-celebs in general
>>
I just got linked here from /v/. I have a single suggestion. ADD ID'S AND IT WILL STOP SHITPOSTING 90%.
>>
>>322452
This

There was a reoccurring thread shilling a /v/ group for an mmo not too long ago
The threads always derail into shitposting and die before 50 posts
With the amounts of threads they're making, they should just be posting in the game's general on /vg/, but they constantly detest the idea
>>
>>322338

I think there needs to be a "strict /v/" where any sort of shit posting gets you permabanned from strict /v/. Five years ago /v/ was awesome and there was no "this game is bad lol" three months before the game even comes out.
>>
Hiro just split the board up, doesn't matter /v/'s opinion, they don't know what they want. And they will accept it once you do it.

If it doesn't work you can just bring /v/ back. We don't lose anything from trying a trial board!
>>
>>322481
Seconded.
>>
>>322303
Do not split /v/, you'll only make it worse.
Do not listen to /qa/ whiners.
>>
>>322476
Those people won't go away just because the board was split, there might be less of it, but people will go to the east vidya board just for the sake of calling the games weebshit and shit up more threads.
>>
>>322411
It would also be unbalanced with /v/ leaning more nintendo these days.

I think it's crucial to clean up the drama threads, like the current labzero indivisible threads, there's been at least 10 made alone today and they're nothing but ranting and lies about sjw boogeymen. It's autismal, and despite it centered around vidya, it's not vidya. An eceleb board wouldn't fix this garbage either. How can you not discuss what the director said about their game when talking vidya? It's the spun out /pol/ autism destroying the discussion. Maybe a vidya poltics contamination board?
>>
File: 1444347543332.png (297KB, 764x1058px) Image search: [Google]
1444347543332.png
297KB, 764x1058px
>Hiro tells us to discuss it on /v/
>people are significantly more pro-split on /v/ than here

You know what this means, Hiro. Split the board. Contain the Westkeks to another board.
>>
File: 1440-900-541911.jpg (583KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
1440-900-541911.jpg
583KB, 1440x900px
>>322332
You weren't on /v/ in 2010-2012 then, you newfag piece of shit. You've never seen the front page with at least 6-7 offtopic threads at a time before.

>>322410
You are an idiot. /vg/ is long term discussion about a single videogame in general, just because you see people aren't arguing in /v/ doesn't mean they're reddit.

I assume you weren't on /v/ during the generals era as well.

>>322404
You're part of /v/'s problem.
>>
>>314830
Fuck no
>>
>>322303
Split it! Make a change for the better! Put /v/ out of its misery.
>>
>>322303

Anyone that has actually been around for a long time, and has seen what splitting has done, can tell you right now that splitting it again will just ruin it. It's not a good idea at all.
>>
>>322303
remerge /v/ with /vp/ /vr/ and /vg/
>>
File: 1444175778990.png (947B, 416x454px) Image search: [Google]
1444175778990.png
947B, 416x454px
SHOULD /v/ HAVE IDS?

http://strawpoll.me/5915839
>>
>>322432
>How do you know that for certain?
The obvious question is wut do when there's an ongoing manga also getting an anime adaptation? Can that be cleanly resolved?

I also just see it being one of the most broken and disjointed boards possible. Pretty much any anime gets subs these days (unless it's an OVA to a niche or unpopular series) but a manga getting a thread depends on if someone is translating it, and the whims of how well and how often they do. For example Instant Bullet didn't have any threads for months and now it has threads fairly regularly now because the translation is moving along. And so we have a board with topics that can just suddenly die because there's no new accessible content coming out, a board that will suddenly and unceremoniously pick up again if translations get going, and a board where the userbase who can read Japanese will be miles ahead in knowledge of the material to anyone else just because they can read what others can't, not really an issue with most anime.

I just don't think it'll end up being pretty. True, it's hard to get threads going on /a/ for some more lesser known titles but that applies to anime too. And who's to say lesser known manga will have threads that can survive on a manga board either? It's not guaranteed just because the board is slower. Slower boards have threads of one kind or another that die out without a single reply all the time.
>>
>>322499
Anon that will just make a clusterfuck.
>>
>>322494
But ruining /v/ is fun.
>>
>>322303
Don't split!
>>
>>322369
Glad somebody said it. le greedy rubbing hands man wasn't even posted that often after /news/ was deleted, then when /pol/ was back the shit skyrocketed to like the second most posted image on /v/.

/mlp/: cut and dry, easy to spot, easy to moderate
/pol/: could be literally anything, next to impossible to moderate, with a shitty infectious board culture to boot
>>
>>322489
>lying
Um, people can easily check that thread you know.
>>
>>322303
Make a sticky on /v/
>>
>>322506
>>>/his/
>>
>>322506
It already exists >>>/his/
>>
>>322303
Hiro me out boss, id's like /b/ had
>>
>>322303
dont split /v/ all that will do is make the shit posting spread. Just add more mods pealse
>>
>>322503
there's no reason to have all those boards if you have good moderation
moot was a massive useless dumbfuck and he did more bad than good by avoiding proper moderation
>>
>>314830
i know for a fact that disgaea 5 would have a dedicated thread every day if 4chan had a separate west/east board.
>>
>>322485
thirded
>>
Did Hiro seriously fucking bail?!
>>
>>322512
>>322514
Damn it. I was going to make a distasteful joke. I should have checked.
>>
File: vr fagola.png (2MB, 1774x2364px) Image search: [Google]
vr fagola.png
2MB, 1774x2364px
>>322303
>>322338

>>>/v/315343070

Here's my solution
>>
>>322303
ban everyone but me and then you and I can just share the website together and spend the rest of our days talking about space shuttles and shit.
>>
Also, please make "best girl" a bannable phrase or at least wordfilter it to "im a faggot with shit taste"
>>
>>322457
The problem with fusing /jp/ and a potential vidya-japan is that would include nintendo discussion making the board MASSIVE. There is indeed a fair bit of crossover, like miku threads or many of the more niche games, like on vita, and comiket would get way more eyeballs, but it would be a mess and /jp/ doesn't deserve to be punished like that. Plus mobile discussions would probably cause friction...
>>
>>322527
Fuck off, that isn't a /v/ thing and it'll just ruin everything.
>>
>>322303
Please don't split /v/ again. Thank you.
>>
>>322303
Hiro please look at the thread on /v/. That or make one there

Also we should increase the post time to 2 minutes
>>
>>322303
Pls add ID's
>>
>>322522
It's time for lunch in Japan
>>
>>322303
Can you also ban waifu threads on /v/?
>>
Make a digimon board and a board only for eastern european games with an apocalyptic setting.
>>
>>322398
>>322399
>>322403
/a/ was objectively better when posting manga wasn't allowed on the the board

[spoiler]But this is just because the board population was smaller, not because manga wasn't allowed.
>>
File: 1442974413280.jpg (26KB, 640x448px) Image search: [Google]
1442974413280.jpg
26KB, 640x448px
HIROYUKI READ THIS

>>>/v/315343538
>>
>>322528
I wasn't saying turn /jp/ into /jpv/. /jp/ needs to be its own board. I was proposing that we need a japanese video game board separate from /v/ and /jp/.
And there's mobage threads on /vg/ so I don't really see it as a problem unless people just vehemently hate mobage games.
>>
If the thread on /v/ goes down someone make a new one. And for fuck sakes don't advertise that the whole reason is to split the board
>>
File: 1314603574370.png (81KB, 525x420px) Image search: [Google]
1314603574370.png
81KB, 525x420px
>>322488
No no no. You are coming at this ass backwards. Splintering the boards more and more simply means an escalation to shitposting.

People shitpost for fun or for memeing or because they are newfags or actually think it is cool and natural to shitpost.

You give each and every little fucking sub-topic of overall vidya and you will have people coming in specifically to troll those boards and threads because they know there is a concentrated population that will fite me faget.

My sources are 9 years of 4chan and being a regular posting in over 30 /vg/ threads on top of /b/ and /v/ before captcha.

A more intense and larger moderation policy is the best answer since most people to arrive in the last 3 years don't even know what the fuck an IP address is or how to avoid bans.
>>
More /v/ boards?
i think we already have enough

>>322534
>Also we should increase the post time to 2 minutes
WHY?
>>
File: 1446443788196.png (205KB, 582x547px) Image search: [Google]
1446443788196.png
205KB, 582x547px
I agree. We should also make a Nintendo board, a Sony board, a "vidya gossip" board, a PC board, a Steam board, a video game culture board. Make also a board for portable consoles, and specific boards for genre, too.
Truly absolutely nothing will go wrong with this.
>>
>>322338
/v/ shitposter here, please don't split it into two boards, because then you'd just have two shitposting boards

/v/ is the second largest general containment board after /b/

[not counting /pol/ and /mlp/ because they're meant to contain certain other shitposters]
>>
HIRO listen to this guy, these are the main problems with /v/, as well as marketers.

also make me a mod I've been on /v/ since 2001
>>>/v/315340668
>>>/v/315340668
>>>/v/315340668
>>>/v/315340668
>>
>>322546
you're a faggot
>>
Just get good fucking moderators for us.
Our mods are horrible.
>>
>>322303
Add ID's to /v/
>>
>>322338
At the moment, /v/ is a place where a bunch of people who don't like each other are forced to co-exist and attempt to discuss their favorite game or platform while dealing with shitposters.

Make a board for PC gaming and a board for Console gaming. Would fix a lot of problems.
>>
>>322550
>2001
>>
>>322303
We need a board for PC games and other one for console gamers.
>>
>>322554
go to neofag if you want an identity with your post
>>
>>322501
Thread wide or nothing.

Board wide would be bad, like making everybody a tripfag.
>>
>>322502
I can't deny that threads only happen for translated manga, and that manga translations are much more uncertain than anime, but I don't think that means we shouldn't have it at all. I just think that manga is one of the biggest part of the Japanese culture some of us go to this board for and that it's silly that it doesn't have it's own board when boards like /m/ and /jp/ exist when I feel that what they cover isn't as important to the culture that manga is.
>>
I'm also samefagging this thread pretty hard because I cannot stress enough how much we need better mods.

When you get mods, if you do, make sure they know how /v/ works.
>>
>>322303
Add IDs please.
>>
>>322499
/vr/ should stay its own board. There's tons of games discussed there that wouldn't even make it past one post on /v/.
>>
>>322338
/v/ has been split three times now, and regular video game discussion suffers from it. /vr/ is a wasteland, /vg/ suffers from threads that are concentrated boards/cultures in and of themselves, making for a terrible experience in nearly every thread, and /vp/ is okay if only because it contains a few undesirable types, but even then you could just make a Pokemon general on /vg/ for that.

/v/ doesn't need to be split by east or west. Just give /v/ ID's. Or disallow mobile posting.
>>
>>322560
ID's are necessary

Lots of false-flagging and shitposts
>>
File: We-Can-Fix-It.jpg (63KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
We-Can-Fix-It.jpg
63KB, 500x500px
Split it into Video Game Culture and Video Games.
Ignore the fags asking for boards dedicated to companies.
>>
File: 1445400879573.png (214KB, 512x403px) Image search: [Google]
1445400879573.png
214KB, 512x403px
>>322303
Why would you split up Japanese games and Western games into two different boards. That's beyond dumb considering the content of /v/ consisting of them both since forever. Could you imagine an E3 sticky with two different groups of retards splitting up discussion depending on the country of origin of the videogame?

Please don't split up /v/ into more boards. It's more trouble than it's worth especially when splitting up the board between western and japanese games is a way bigger split than something like vidya and say pokemon.
>>
Fuck /v/.

Bring /l/ back already.
>>
>>322350
ye. Having mods actually delete the constant SJW and eceleb threads would improve the board 1000x
>>
>>322567
>/vr/ is a wasteland
This is bait. The board being slower is a GOOD thing.
>>
>>322550
>I've been on /v/ since 2001
Woops
>>
Fuse every /v/ board and add some proper moderation. The splits were made because moot was an useless cunt that didn't like the idea of having good mods. Hence why he decided to get rid of really competent staff like Anonymous-san and Anonymous of Colombia.
>>
>>322303
Add ID's to /v/ plss
>>
>>322569
This.

/v/ - Video Games
/vc/ - Video Game Culture & Hardware
>>
>>322573
This please.

/b/ is no place for loli discussion/image dumps.

It's not a big ask. Just make sure it gets moderators that care.
>>
>>322303
HIRO, NO.

PLEASE. JUST ADD IDS AND WE'RE GOOD.
>>
>>322573
This is a good idea, my friend.
>>
>>322303
SPLIT /v/
WESTERN
AND EASTERN
DO NOT LEAVE A "FILLER" VIDEOGAME BOARD BEHIND
>>
File: fam.jpg (16KB, 500x170px) Image search: [Google]
fam.jpg
16KB, 500x170px
>>322569
>>
>>322569
>Split it into Video Game Culture and Video Games.

That's not a bad idea
>>
please, no
>>
>>322303
Please change /v/-Video Games to /v/-Twitter Gossip.
>>
File: jaunty_ronaldo.gif (2MB, 716x402px) Image search: [Google]
jaunty_ronaldo.gif
2MB, 716x402px
hey, considering pretty much everyone's gonna read this thread
I've posted in my fair share of e-celeb threads before and it's pretty clear this isn't the place to discuss them
why can't we just, like, have a giant skype group to talk about them all instead? it's pretty obvious that most of /v/ hates it when we talk about totalbiscuit or zoe quinn or literally anyone else
it's obviously a topic of conversation that people want to partake in, but 4chan isn't really the place because there aren't enough to justify an /ecl/ board
just gonna put that out there
>>
>>322303
Add ID's to /v/
enforce moderation, obvious console war threads should be deleted
Unrelated pics to the thread should also be a bannable offense.
>>
>>322391
>>322391
>>322391
THIS DOESN'T WORK
POKEMON AND A SELECT FEW GENERALS ARE PROOF OF THAT
I GUARANTEE THIS WILL NOT WORK
>>
>>322569
this jesus christ
>>
File: 1444866150840.png (228KB, 827x827px) Image search: [Google]
1444866150840.png
228KB, 827x827px
>>322303
Can you do something about /r9k/ and /tv/'s endless shitposting crusade on /v/ along with its nonexistent moderation?
Literally two days ago there was a thread of a gangbang webm as the OP that got to like 300 posts.
There's way too many of these shitty "What is a videogame where I can [not vidya shit]" threads.
Plus all these shitty eceleb threads need to get dumped into the ground.
>>
>>322303
We already have:
/v/
/vg/
/vr/
/vp/

Clearly we need to split /v/ further into:
/av/ "adult videogames", for non-worksafe videogames, and porn.
/vw/ for western video games
/vjp/ for japanese video games
/vi/ for indie video games
/vk/ for korean video games
/vs/ for video games from eastern europe (slavs)
And
/trap/ for Steam Friends threads.
>>
NO SPLIT

ADD IDs

ADD AUTOBAN WORD FILTERS

MAYBE SOME BETTER FUCKING MODERATION

I FIX'D /v/ FOR YOU
>>
>>322595
I hate your interest in that subject but I enjoy your ideas about how to go about discussing it.
>>
>>322303
do this
>>322569
>>
>>322391
The most retarded idea in this thread thus far.
Better make a /sh/-sony handheld, /sc/- sony console, /nc/-nintendo console, /nh/ nintendo handheld boards along with that too you fucking faggot.
>>
>>322598
idk about that. vp's doing pretty well. They're contained and quiet as fuck. No more vaguely furfag thread or threads devolving into handheld wars.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (54KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
54KB, 1280x720px
everything is broken. please fix it
>>
>>322303
Bring back ID on boards with heavy traffic especially /b/ and /v/ no need to split boards just better moderation and keep shitposting to a minimum
>>
>>322303
Splitting /v/ further is the worst possible idea, it's already been tried three times with little success.

e-celeb/youtube disscussion should be banned, though. Have them make an official e-celeb thread on /vg/, exile them to shitposting purgatory like we did all those years ago with MOBA fans.
>>
>>314830
>fragment /v/ even further than what it already has

Fuck off the more /v/ get seperated the worse it gets.
>>
>>322303
Add ID's and see how those work before you do something as drastic as splitting the board. Also someone should sticky.
>>
File: consider the following.jpg (109KB, 569x428px) Image search: [Google]
consider the following.jpg
109KB, 569x428px
>>322303
Twitter/E-celebntry/-gamergirls threads shouldn't be allowed
What is the X or Y of videogames? What did he she/he mean by this? What are some games where i can X should be deleted and people banned
Add ID's to /v/
enforce moderation, obvious console war threads should be deleted
Unrelated pics to the thread should also be a bannable offense.
>>
Make a containment board for video game media to talk about SJW ecelebs and censorship.
>>
>>322601
/vp/ is useless and should be real life deleted.
>>
File: 1446438952025.gif (61KB, 248x328px) Image search: [Google]
1446438952025.gif
61KB, 248x328px
>>322303
Aahhhhh shit it's him.
>>
>>322338
Please, for the love of god, just enforce the rules. The sheer amount of shitposting that goes on could power a city for days. Just get mods/janitors to actually enforce the rules, and /v/ will actually be good.
>>
/vnin/ - Nintendo

/vson/ - Sony

Thoughts?
>>
>>322609
shhh, japs don't do sarcasm. Be careful senpai
>>
>>322627
no.
>>
File: ayy lmao.png (691KB, 1029x485px) Image search: [Google]
ayy lmao.png
691KB, 1029x485px
http://strawpoll.me/5915945/r

LOOK AT HOW MUCH /v/ DOES NOT WANT THIS SHIT TO HAPPEN.

HIRO, THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN. SAY NO TO THIS SPLIT.
>>
>>322623
>/vp/ is useless
>>
File: 1408735221672.gif (1MB, 300x233px) Image search: [Google]
1408735221672.gif
1MB, 300x233px
>Add ID's
>Ban platform/console wars, no warning
>Delete generals and daily threads
>Ban "Why haven't you bought a [console]" threads
>Delete e-celeb threads
>Keep cultural things like draw threads and the like
>>
>>322303
Please do not split /v/ into two boards. I don't want to have to browse two boards at once for Vidya that I like.
>>
>>322618
But then people will cry about censorship or some other nonsense
>>
File: 1436755695799.gif (1020KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
1436755695799.gif
1020KB, 500x373px
Hiro, the main issue is that MOST people on /v/ play both eastern and western games to some degree, and having a board for each would just be inconvenient. it's not like /ck/ and /fit/, for example, where an interest in healthy living may lead you to both, but the userbases as a whole are mostly distinct. For most people videogames = east and west, there's really too much of an overlap to justify the hassle of a split.

The hide thread option exists for a reason, people should use it if they only want to see a certain type of content.
>>
>>322636
/v/ will cry about fucking anything
>>
>>322627
you are actually retarded and should kill yourself immediately
>>
File: 1296252360961.jpg (11KB, 251x201px) Image search: [Google]
1296252360961.jpg
11KB, 251x201px
Just make me a janitor Hiro, I've been on /v/ for 7 years and have no fucking life

i will fucking cleanse this board
>>
>>322636
There's no censorship because they will know the rules
>>
>>322371
and from the ashes a new /v/ will be born
evolved, but untamed!

>>322524
listen to this man, he speaks thruth
>>
>>322543
>vehemently hate mobage games
Yes, they do. Do you not visit /v/ much? Anyway, the issue seems too many heads butting against eachother, a vj would probably shift from twitter drama to console wars and mocking content, i.e. weeb insults, especially with the nintendo sony rivalry here. I don't think you escape it with a vj.

>>322546
Find me good mods. Seriously. The mods at gaf? Power tripping stasi. Reddit? lel Gamefaqs? no Official boards? HA. mods suck, they always suck. You find me a quality team of mods and I will sell you a genetically engineered catgirl for domestic ownership at a low price.
>>
>>322303
>>322618
A videogame culture board would be a perfect trash can for /v/ for people who want to talk about the industry and horseshit like tweets from random youtubers like TotalBiscuit and lpers like TBFP.

>What is the X or Y of videogames? What did he she/he mean by this? What are some games where i can X should be deleted and people banned
These threads are made by IRC and the shitposting conglomerate purely to make /v/ worse overall.
>>
Ban the youtube, e-celeb shit with an iron fist or push it onto another board, watching people play videogames is NOT videogames.
>>
>>322632
Yes, useless. It literally has no reason to exist aside from maybe once a year or 2 when a pokemon game comes out.

It can easily fit into /vg/, /v/ and /vr/
>>
Ban sales threads to /biz/, sony games to /tv/, nintendo games to /toy and problems are fixed.
>>
Really though if you want to fix /v/ you'll have to get rid of mobileposting entirely. ID's will help but only a tad bit that it probably won't even be worth the effort. Moderation needs to be heavy on the console war shit, and e-celeb threads needs to be ban on sight. Add in autoban (1 day) word filters.
>>
File: ayy lmao.png (697KB, 1030x484px) Image search: [Google]
ayy lmao.png
697KB, 1030x484px
LOVING

EVERY

LAUGH
>>
>>322644
I'd like to be a mod myself.
>I will sell you a genetically engineered catgirl for domestic ownership at a low price.
YES
>>
>>322338
Hiroyuki senpai,

Please do not listen to anyone requesting for new boards right now. Everyone is excited that you've already created /aco/ and /his/, and so they think they rightfully deserve their own board for their own niche interest. Splitting up more boards will not decrease shitposting, it will only create dead boards where there is next to nothing to discuss. And then shitposting will ensue anyway.

It's best you just sit back for a while and let everyone acclimate to having you as the admin and to the two new boards you've created. Do not under any circumstances create, split, merge or delete any boards for the next few months. No matter how desperate an Anon might sound, I promise you it is just the vocal minority.
>>
>>322651
Do you even browse /vp/?
>>
>>322303
Don't split the board. Give /v/ some non-retarded moderators, and keep the vidya content on /v/, and off-topic shit off. It's not that hard of a concept.
>>
>>322569
>>322581
To this please
>>
>>322662
Do I look a gay to you?
>>
Do a complete purge of /v/'s moderation team since they are the definition of worthless.
A single person glancing at the catalog every hour for 10 seconds would make a better moderation team than what we have now.
>>
File: 1446056973352.png (205KB, 343x466px) Image search: [Google]
1446056973352.png
205KB, 343x466px
>>322644
There's the occasional thread asking about good phones games. But I barely visit them.
And true, people looking to start shit will certainly have a field day on a Japanese game board.
I think a good temporary solution to /v/'s shitposting would to set up IDs.
>>
>>322636
No one gives a fuck about censorship when it comes to literal shitposters who create hate just to give attention to their targets. Are you serious? Remember all those fags that wanted to discuss GG left and died over at hotwheel's site because they wanted to discuss their vitriol in peace? We're all better for it. Just create another board for video game culture and it'll take care of itself.
>>
>>322653
>>>/v/
>>
>>322338
Please don't listen to the idiots in this thread telling you to splinter /v/ into multiple boards.

/v/ has already been split three times already, resulting in /vp/, /vg/ and /vr/. You could argue /jp/ as being part splintered off from /v/ as well.

Point being, this idea never works. /v/ is always going to be the second most trafficked board, and with that comes the second most shitposting.
>>
>>322618
>Unrelated pics to the thread should also be a bannable offense.

>Banning over reaction images
How about you shut the fuck up?
>>
>>322338
We need proper moderation. There are too many biased moderators that actively silence discussion they don't agree with. We need to establish a clear set of rules so we know what constitues "board culture" and what should be treated as blatant shitposting, like JUST and HE threads, console war and journalism threads that devolve to SJW bashing and the like. We should be allowed to have certain off topic threads like unboxing threads and computer building/battlestation threads, which would be considered board culture. A lot of /v/ is currently flying off the handle and trying to say we need to split between western and japanese vidya, which wouldn't work. Please just help us with moderation.
>>
>>322662
I do and I can say it's one of the most cancerous boards.
>>
>>322674
I mean, obvious unrelated pics that de-rail the discussion.
>>
hiro-sama please ban e-celebs. they are not video games.

ひろ様、「レッツ·プレイ」の動画の種類をこのボードで禁止にすることお願いします。そのような糞のビデオはゲームではないし、そして糞·ポストっていうことがそのせいで多くなるのです。
>>
>>322667
Yes.
>>
>>322662
I do and it's useless as a board. It's like 90% dead threads 10% generals that'd fit on other boards.
>>
>>322678
You know as well as I do that the mods will either ban nothing or everything with that rule.
>>
>>322674
If he banned reaction images that'd weed out all the underage retards.
>>
>>322569
That's a terrible fucking idea, more splits are the last thing /v/ needs. There's already fucking four of them.
>>
>>322303
>Add unique Id's like /b/ to stop the shills and false-flaggers
>Stop the mods from deleting stuff that isn't against the rules, this has gotten progressively worse since January.
>Do not split /v/
>Keep the filter on until black twitter is wiped from the earth
>Remind people that get triggered from eastern videogames that this is an anime imageboard, if they can't handle anime they should go to the literal hundreds of other videogame discussion forums that contain little discussion about eastern videogames. It never really was an issue anyway until the whole Social Justice Warrior thing started anyway.
>Stop E-Celeb garbage

This fixes the /v/
>>
>>322677
>>322681
There's no other place to have Pokégirl threads.
>>
File: 1427400139463.png (323KB, 1270x1635px) Image search: [Google]
1427400139463.png
323KB, 1270x1635px
>>322680
Maybe for you
>>
>>314830
This is a retarded idea. Reddit is for you fag.
>>
>>320751
>We need to crack down on console wars, samefags, general shit tier flamebait and all the other faggotry that plagues the board.

But that would require mods who aren't lazy inept pieces of shit, are you out of your mind?
>>
File: Fuck Off ECeleb Faggots.png (702KB, 1030x484px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck Off ECeleb Faggots.png
702KB, 1030x484px
>>322569
>>322581
>>322590
>>322599
>>322664
>>322679
We have already decided that e-celebs are perfectly fine to stay in /v/

You can stop crying now.

Hiro, the proof is here in the pudding, faggots crying about e-celebs can be safely ignored.
>>
You literally cannot fix /v/
>>
>>320679
Daily reminder that /r9k/ is literally the reason why /v/ was associated with wojak half a decade ago when it was deleted.
I hate it when those faggots start coming onto /v/ to spread their dank pepe variants and start making threads for people wallowing in self-pity that they expect people who play vidya to be losers like them.
>>
>>322683
Fuck that.
If we ban gold face and laughing girls then everything would be slightly better.
>>
File: 1445819682642.png (531KB, 644x641px) Image search: [Google]
1445819682642.png
531KB, 644x641px
>>322683
>>
>>322687
/c/ /e/ /h/
>>
>>322338
Don't split it, man. Having weabos and westabos together is great.
>>
Make sage visible again Hiro.

Please, I implore you.
>>
>>322691
This just proves the people against the idea have terrible ideas themselves and should be ignored though.
>>
>>322696
This.
>>
>>322696
>/c/
anon, please. Not all of us have weapons grade autism.
>>
>>322338
Please add webm with sound
>>
File: get out of THE PUNCH DIMENSION.png (155KB, 498x498px) Image search: [Google]
get out of THE PUNCH DIMENSION.png
155KB, 498x498px
>>322691
That poll does not at all represent my position for a Video Games board and a Video Games Culture & Hardware board. The point is to refocus /v/ on it's original topic of bideo james while giving the extremely large tertiary topics of culture and hardware it's own circle for discussion.

Strawpolls also are fucking garbage and fuck you faggot
>>
>>322569
Or just ban video game "culture".

You can go talk about LPers on reddit or neofag
>>
>ban mobile posting
For what purpose? All it needs to banevade is changing your IP and clear your cache.
>>
>>322699
>>322699
>>322699
>>322699
this and bring back dubs

either get us better mods or let us do it ourselves
>>
REMOVE CONSOLE WARS

http://strawpoll.me/5916074
>>
>>322691
>believing people actually voted honestly instead of shitting on another poll.
>>
>>322669
... I think at this point it's at least worth a shot, at least as a trial. I can't think of any honest solution. IDs might expose a few more variables in determining what to do. Maybe most of the fun posting is actually done by a small number of sub humans and not as rampant as we (I?) think. IDs might help realize that and we can move from there.
>>
>>322707
yeah, but mobile kiddies don't know that shit, and if they do they probably aren't as cancerous as the other ones.
>>
/v/ was already split with /vp/, which got rid of Pokemon.
/v/ was split again with /vg/, which got rid of long-term threads.
/v/ was split a third time with /vr/, which got rid of games made before 1999.
Every time /v/ is split, more discussion leaves.
The reason /v/ is so bad now is because all the video game discussion is slowly driven away.
All you're doing is encouraging more video game discussion to leave.
>>
>>322702
There's absolutely nothing wrong with /c/.
>>
File: 1425622037936.jpg (48KB, 709x765px) Image search: [Google]
1425622037936.jpg
48KB, 709x765px
>>322303
>please fix our board
>no fuck off

4chan is in good hands.
>>
Please merge /vp/ with /v/
>>
File: internet fight.gif (2MB, 378x284px) Image search: [Google]
internet fight.gif
2MB, 378x284px
>>322303
/v/ should be split up into /vp/ - Progressive Video games and /vr/ - Reactionary Video games.
>>
ban all links to twitter
>>
>>322303
>>322535
This, it would help desu senpai.
>>
File: 1442267662532.jpg (197KB, 1376x480px) Image search: [Google]
1442267662532.jpg
197KB, 1376x480px
Moderators on /v/ are just fucking awful.
>>
>>322718
No, change /vp/ to /mon/.
>>
File: 1386155685170.jpg (75KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1386155685170.jpg
75KB, 500x500px
>>322691
>Dude where were you when TB found out he had cancer!
>Well that twitch celeb is pretty hot but did you know that she actually ______ in the past?
>Man guyA is such a faggot on the LP team. guyB is so much funnier and actually knows how to play this game!
>Where were you when FaggotC had a complete meltdown live on stream?
Epic simply epic. These are the kind of threads you want to populate /v/ in the future
>>>/v/315344152
It's like if /a/ had threads on those people who did those shitty LIVE ANIME REACTION EPISODE XX videos and thank god they don't.
>>
>>322303
SPLIT IT. LET IT BURN.
>>
File: consniggerthefollowing.jpg (9KB, 293x263px) Image search: [Google]
consniggerthefollowing.jpg
9KB, 293x263px
All /v/ needs are some mods who actually do their fucking jobs and aren't drooling chimpanzees only in it for the hot pockets.
>>
>>322726
Fucking this.
>>
>>322729
shit man I'll sign up to do it for free if they let me
>>
>>322723
As much I hate having to silence opinions, we both know that thread would have gone nowhere it hasn't gone before.
>IT'S OKAY WHEN NINTENDO DOES IT
>SONY WON GUYS
etc. That's pretty much where the ID's would come in handy.
>>
Someone start making a new thread soon for Hiro
>>
>>322723
But that's a legitimately deserved ban.
>>
>>322303
Country flags please.
>>
>>322739
That would be cool but it will bring even more shitposting
>>
If this happens it would cement hiro as the worst thing to happen to 4chan.
>>
>>322676
>unboxing threads and computer building/battlestation threads, which would be considered board culture.
Liar. This has never been acceptable on /v/, and even /g/ is sick of this. No one cares about your dragon dildos.
>>
>>322737
No it doesn't.
>>
Hey hiro, /his/ here. Thanks for making me!

Anyway, on the topic of /v/: it does not need to split. Instead, IDs need to be added.
>>
I actually just want a Sonic red board, so we can post Amys and bat tats all the time without bans.
>>
>>322303
/v/ as good as it has ever been, just add IDs to keep shitposters under control.
>>
>>322749
>Anyway, on the topic of /v/: it does not need to split. Instead, IDs need to be added.
I'm with you.
>>
>>322303
Remove /vg/, /vr/, and /vp/. Raise the bump limit and file limit.
>>
>>322748
Did you mean "No it isn't."?

If you did, then well.. Yes it is. People have complained about all of those things. The person was clearly trying to instigate shitposting.
>>
>>322569
There is such board, they call it /b/
>>
>>322754
>>322748
You are fucking retarded, please stop posting.
>>
File: 1443969558948.jpg (232KB, 781x750px) Image search: [Google]
1443969558948.jpg
232KB, 781x750px
/v/ - VIDEO GAMES

/vc/ - VIDEO GAME CULTURE & HARDWARE
>>
>>322303
Do not merge back the /v/ boards back together
>>
>>322732
Apply for a jannny position bruh, and have fun deleting every off-topic post on sight.
>>
>>322754
I'd honestly welcome back /vg/ and /vr/. /vp/ can stay, then create another board for vidya culture.
>>
>>322759
this desu senpaitachi
>>
>>322303
Give up on /v/ and actually try to save other boards. /v/ has proven time and time again they are a lost cause.
>>
Delete /vr/
make a lewd /v/
>>
>>322303
>>322338
1. No more e-celeb threads. These threads do not provide anything good. They are simply made so people can talk about a person, not a game. No one cares about what one person thinks. The closest thing to e-celeb threads should be if someone posts a video that actually is important to video games. For example, a video telling everyone that "x" game is broken beyond belief. Let's Play's, Walkthrough's, opinion pieces should be against the rules.

2. ID's. The only thing that can go against ID's is that people can pretend to be another person. Thing is that that is already a thing with the current system. ID's would make it so repeat shitposters have to put in extra work to shitpost or be found out easier. None of this negatively affects the average non-shitposter and we still keep anonymity.

3. Ban furfaggotry. Shit has been getting worse since mods stopped banning/deleting it. Threads drowned in Bowser and other furfaggot porn.

Splitting would not solve the problems in /v/. Could use better mods, too, but that's hard to do since rarely will you find someone that has actually been a part of 4chan for 5+ years and isn't a fucking retard.
>>
>>314830
I was going to say yes because western shit sucks but on second thought, the jap board will be filled with nintenshit. I'd rather /v/ stay as it is.
>>
File: It says here you're a faggot.png (230KB, 307x361px) Image search: [Google]
It says here you're a faggot.png
230KB, 307x361px
>>322759
>VIDEO GAME CULTURE
>we need a separate board to discuss the culture but not the games themselves
>>
Why is /v/ a work safe board when most video games are rated M and porn games exist?
>>
>>322618
All of this, except unrelated pictures that is debatable
Also get rid of filename thread and obvious generals that aren't on /vg/
>>
>>322763
>>322754
/vg/ is WAY too fucking big for /v/ now. Don't you remember what it was like before the split? It's even bigger now.

/vp/ is too big for /v/ as well.
>>
>>322769
All the shitters who don't talk about video games on /v/ will be sent to the culture board
>>
>>322762
I thought you could only do it when the apps opened up. fuck I'll go check.
>>
can't you just make a fucking /ytb/ e-celeb board

it would solve nearly every board's mutual problem
>>
>>322773
A video game board culture board will attract undesirables and nobody wants that.
>>
File: 1373424872948.jpg (694KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1373424872948.jpg
694KB, 1920x1080px
>>322765
/v/ is a lost cause because threads go from page 1 to page 10 in literally less than 15 minutes half the time.

You need to cut the board traffic to have any measurable effect on the quality of the board, otherwise all people do is bait and shitpost for eternity because it's the only way to keep a thread going and get replies.

Split all the culture and hardware discussion into it's own board and force people to actually talk about video games and their content with some more breathing room.
>>
Reminder to Hiroshima that whiners who can't ignore or stop complaining about things they don't like are the true cancer. Moot knew this and always kept moderation light and was extremely conservative when it came to making changes to the site and adding new, possibly unnecessary new boards.
>>
>>322767
>2. ID's. The only thing that can go against ID's is that people can pretend to be another person. Thing is that that is already a thing with the current system. ID's would make it so repeat shitposters have to put in extra work to shitpost or be found out easier. None of this negatively affects the average non-shitposter and we still keep anonymity.
I just recalled, haven't anons on /pol/ shown that IDs can be skirted easily? Also, /pol/ hasn't exactly improved with IDs.
>>
>>322739
That doesn't even make sense and would introduce more shitposting on /v/.
It only sorta makes sense on /pol/,/int/, and /sp/ considering their board content.
>>
>>322303
No /v/ just need ID and more moderation on big releases.
>>
>>322781
Let's just remove every non video game related board and replace them all with /v/ splits then rename the site to /v/chan.
>>
>>322773
Just tell them to fuck off to /b/
>>
>>322779
And then they will stay at the video game culture board... it's a containment board, if you're talking about redditards and tumblrellas now coming to 4chan... they're already here and been here anyway
>>
File: 1377598263985.jpg (196KB, 850x850px) Image search: [Google]
1377598263985.jpg
196KB, 850x850px
>>322769
Video games

Video game culture

Video game hardware

3 separate, but gigantic, topics of discussion in the video game sphere. Limit /v/ to game discussion and tertiary things like genre and characters, and force culture and hardware into it's own board.

There, now you have 2 boards that serve distinct purposes that can do nothing but improve the quality of /v/ if only for the fact it will cut the traffic and console wars.
>>
>>322784
/vp/ set a precedent where if you don't like something you can whine and complain until it goes away.
That's how we're here now.
>>
New /v/ thread

>>>/v/315348049
>>
File: 1259800850301.png (21KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1259800850301.png
21KB, 400x400px
/v/ is fine also
>this board
>>
>>322785
ID's alone can't solve the problems, they just help them be less shit. I don't think anything else was done to help /pol/, so nothing changed other than the lazy shitposters/shills being spotted out, which is still an improvement.
>>
>>322784
Is this the advice of a person who ignores complaints by literally shitposting.
moot added /vr/ so don't give me shit about not wanting to add unnecessary boards. Literally nobody went "God I hate all those retards spamming up /v/ with retro game discussion. We need to send them out"
>>
Give /v/ IDs.

Create /vsoc/ - a laid-back social environment in which gamers can discuss whatever they feel like which doesn't belong on /v/.

Create /onv/ - Online video game board which allows gamers to set up matches. Things like /v/eekend threads will go here as well as things like "Looking for sixteen players to play Halo with" or "Who wants to do a co-op campaign?"
>>
isn't that /jp/?
>>
File: 1411087827003.png (46KB, 140x211px) Image search: [Google]
1411087827003.png
46KB, 140x211px
>>322788
Making more video game boards for what is literally the largest entity in internet, entertainment and media culture on the planet makes more sense than catering to the butthurt of morons that can't stand to see another letter at the top of the page.
>>
>>322797
ayy lmao
>>
>>322303
I would say to add thread IDs as many have suggested. It could be temporary to see how the board reacts to them. I think they would cut down on some of the shitposting.
>>
>>322481
No, it won't. It will stop samefags. Who cares about samefags? They aren't the problem.
>>
File: 1289198682479.jpg (25KB, 335x400px) Image search: [Google]
1289198682479.jpg
25KB, 335x400px
>>322794
>/v/ is fine
>>
>>322801
You really think shitposting would stop even though after THREE splits it's done nothing but increase? Face it /v/ is doomed to shitposting and making a million splits won't fix that. Hiro and the mods should focus on preventing the other boards from turning into /v/ instead of wasting all their time on a board that's been dead for years.
>>
>>322795
But the lazy ones just fire off one or two moronic posts per thread and move on. The ones that post 10-20-30 times, godless heathens that they are, will put in the effort to dodge and destroy the thread, and on some boards they don't even care and do it while even using a name. I don't think it's going to solve it.
>>
>>322806
ok, spot what isn't "fine" in the pic, anon

oh that's right, just your /qa/ thread is the only shitstain on the catalog right now
>>
File: forgot pic.jpg (457KB, 1818x876px) Image search: [Google]
forgot pic.jpg
457KB, 1818x876px
>>322813
>>
>>322807
You can't just ignore the problem and cast it aside as a blight on 4chan as it just continues to ramp up on it's never ending descent into an irredeemable garbage pile.

If you look at the actual problems of the board, they can be readily addressed by just splitting the topics of discussion available so that at the very least traffic is cut down to manageable levels, as the tertiary topics of /v/ have ballooned into gigantic avenues of discussion in their own right.

It's not fair to jam several huge topics into 1 board that will never EVER be able to cope with them as they only continue to grow in size.

Sooner or later it has to be addressed, and it's not fair to the people that actually want to discuss VIDEO GAMES on 4chan to be relegated to one of 2 cesspools that is /v/ and /vg/. It's not /that/ hard a problem to fix, but it's never going to be fixed if people think they can write off the largest board on 4chan to collapse under the weight of it's own topic.
>>
Hiro for the love of God please come back
>>
>>322811
They will, but it still helps avoid constant shitposting. Only the dedicated will do it, versus literally anyone nowadays.
>>
Add ID's for like a week and see if they work out.
>>
>>322818
/v/ doesn't have many garbage threads up right now, desu senpai.

But if you made a seperate board for culture and hardware, you'd split up the traffic of the base board to the point where it will be easier to use, slower and overall less garbage on average. That's the real issue here.
>>
>>322769
I agree but it's mind boggling that you're right. I don't get why people need to talk about video game culture. They definitely do though, I see it all the time.
>>
>almost 600 replies
Well, maybe now he finally sees that everyone fucking hates /v/. He should just delete it. It's a dumping ground for shitty memes and redditors.
>>
>>322829
>you'd split up board traffic
What would keep people from just using both boards at the same time, baka? I haven't noticed a significant difference in speed since the /vg/ or /vr/ split, and I don't think there's enough content to warrant a hardware board that isn't already covered by /g/, /vr/, /vg/, or /v/. Culture is another matter entirely that I haven't thought much of, but it just sounds like shifting trash around. If the content isn't worth discussing on /v/, ignoring the current board state and standards, then it should just be outright banned.
>>
File: 1361859498806.jpg (139KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1361859498806.jpg
139KB, 600x600px
>IDs
Literally reddit.
This is an anonymous imageboard. Get the fuck out.
>>
>>322824
Maybe there's a disconnect here. The way I see it, the lazy funposters don't make many posts, but there are many of them, so even if they make 2 stupid posts in a thread, if there's 50 of them, the threads more than sufficiently ruined. IDs won't let you spot them this way. If you think they will be tracked across multiple threads, then I doubt very many would do that allowing them to continue unabated. The filters aren't heavily used I think.
>>
>>322845
>I want to samefag and shitpost without repercussions
That's the type of people who are against IDs
>>
>>322790
>>322791
Video game "culture" should be prohibited outside of /b/, period.

/v/ is for video games not e-celebs or twitter drama.

>>322834
Because that's what they do on youtube, facebook or whatever shithole they come from and think they can bring it here.
>>
>>322846
/v/'s problem isn't lazy funposters. We have some of the most histironic dedicated shitposters on this entire site.

>>322848
Ironically IDs will help let people do that even more. Just use a smartphone
>>
Hiro I am sorry but it's best we talk about /v/ over here. Too many people just shitpost the threads up and we can get nothing done. The underage faggots don't want anything to change because they think that's what /v/ is all about!
>>
>>322851
>/v/ is for video games not e-celebs or twitter drama
You would think but those are the threads that get the most replies... mods need to have a definitive stance about this issue

I've seen eceleb threads deleted real quick and others left up until bump limit (and it wasnt just because mods were sleeping)
>>
>>322844
>I haven't noticed a significant difference in speed since the /vg split,
Then you haven't been paying attention. /v/'s traffic would increase dramatically if /vg/ was ever deleted
>>
>>322851
>Because that's what they do on youtube, facebook or whatever shithole they come from and think they can bring it here.
I think part of the problem is conflating discussion of industry trends or game design with "culture", because you inevitably delve into the "casuals are ruining games, by making devs dumb them down" waters, which sometimes doesn't look all that different.

>>322856
Is there something that makes you sure about this? Board stats?
>>
I'm also with banning mobile posting. It's a shitposter's dream tool.
>>
>>322848
>Ids would bring repercussions to shitposters
no, they won't give a fuck. You will join the shitposter in a shitpost crusade marking his posts and saying
"SAMEFAG STOP REPLYING"

while the shitposter continues to shitpost, because he won't give a single fuck about your opinion.

Samefag is not even a problem.
>>
File: 1439618277954.gif (4KB, 446x318px) Image search: [Google]
1439618277954.gif
4KB, 446x318px
>>322844
/vg/ was a retarded split, is why. It didn't differentiate between 2 distinct topics of discussion, and instead segregated the userbase along incredibly vague lines to where you could change the wording or formatting of a /v/ or /vg/ thread and it would be basically the same thing.

You need to split boards based on very definitive and demonstrable topics, otherwise it's just pissing in the wind.

If you REMOVED topics from /v/ and made a separate board for it, then naturally traffic will follow. And while yes, people can use multiple boards at once, the /v/ split will at least cut out a lot of tertiary fat that's taken a life of it's own, giving /v/ more space for actual video games.

The only way to know how it would effect speed is to do it and see what happens.
>>
File: Unamused Ghost.png (163KB, 465x759px) Image search: [Google]
Unamused Ghost.png
163KB, 465x759px
Delete /vp/ for fucks sake.
It's an abomination of a board that shouldn't exist.
It'd be better off as a general in /vg/.
>>
>>322857
It's not that I don't want anything to change, it's that /v/ is beyond salvaging at this point and most of your ideas (IDs, autoban fitlers, hellbanning, board splits etc) are just terrible.

Honestly this anon had the best suggestion so far ITT >>322841
>>
Why not just a 1 week trial of the 2 boards with actual moderation (only for that 1 week. I don't expect the mods to do their job ALL the time)?
>>
File: dota 2 vg.png (268KB, 1561x364px) Image search: [Google]
dota 2 vg.png
268KB, 1561x364px
>>322869
Board stats + common sense from using both boards since their creation.

>>322877
/vg/ was a containment board for certain fanbases that were cluttering up the front page choking actual vidya threads off of /v/
>>
File: B^U.png (13KB, 186x213px) Image search: [Google]
B^U.png
13KB, 186x213px
>>322857
/v/ moves too fast.

Someone either needs to remove bump limit on a thread or just leave discussion here, then propose various options to /v/ directly in a sticky where they can voice their support/butthurt, then base a decision on feedback and what you think will actually work.

>>322873
Mobile is fine for 4chan, the problem is people being able to ban evade like it's nothing. Make mobile users generate a unique key to post that can only be handed out once every 24hrs, so if they get that key banned they can't just switch IPs and keep going, or something, I don't into technology.
>>
>>322886
This. We don't lose anything for trying.
>>
>>322886
That's not a bad idea really, fuck lets at least give it a shot
>>
>>322841
>>322880
For someone who hates /v/ so much you fail to realize the spill that a deletion of /v/ (THE SECOND BIGGEST/FASTEST BOARD ON 4CHAN) would cause.
This is one of the only times that people who go on a poorly moderated /v/ can actually voice an opinion to an admin who probably won't shut down all complaints with a simple shitpost response of ":^)" so no shit it's going to be filled to the brim with people wanting to change shit.
>>
>>322888
Making a whole board to contain a handful of threads with no uniting topic was retarded and everyone knows it.

If /vg/ was made for something more definitive like MMO/eSport discussion, then it would have been a good idea, but instead it's just /v2/ and a shithole for garbage that mods could have dealt with by cracking down on a few threads, namely Katawa Shoujo.
>>
File: 1446246392729.jpg (32KB, 629x512px) Image search: [Google]
1446246392729.jpg
32KB, 629x512px
A culture board would be retarded because culture isn't something you can just filter out, it's something that's ingrained. To create a culture board would be a board for shitposting, because that's what you really refer to when you say "culture." Actual culture is the habits and mannerisms of a board, the trends and topics created within topics, and if you want real culture then you just need to remove the shitposting from /v/. Shitposting isn't culture, it's shit, and some of you guys don't seem to realize that. Redirecting people to /culture - v/ would be no different than redirecting people to /b/, and just allow new trash to bubble up in it's place.
>>
>>322888
>>322902
/vg/ became a place where any videogame with a decent following could get a 24/7 thread.
Unfortunately this leads to stagnation and rot when something that's static will just be discussed to death and because full of shit. See /ksg/,/meg/ and ,/lisg/ where people just talk about the same thing over and over again.
>>
>>322907
This guy gets it. We already have a dedicated board for shitposting culture, it's called /s4s/

The thing about shitposting though is it's not fun unless someone's getting mad about it. A lot of /v/'s current 'culture' works the same way. So creating a board dedicated to said culture is self-defeating.
>>
File: 1383752388247.png (302KB, 565x501px) Image search: [Google]
1383752388247.png
302KB, 565x501px
>>322913
>speaking ill of best board
>>
>>322746
I don't give a fuck about dragon dildos faggot, I don't even think we get those anymore.
>>
MODERATORS MUST PUBLICLY BAN FOR ALL AGENDA SHILLING. THATS WHAT DERAILS THREADS AND EVEN THE BOARD ITSELF OFF ITS PURPOSE OF DISCUSSION. NO POLITICS OUTSIDE OF /pol/ POLITICS IS THE MIND-KILLER
>>
A fucking IQ test at the door. No 4chan pass bypass. Too many fucking idiots. People who were meant to be purged by that wordfilter.
>>
>>314830
SOTN bosses aren't hard at all nigga
Scylla early or Galamoth are the only two hards, and Galamoth is just unfair
>>
>>322902
What about uniting /v/ and /vg/ but with separate thread count limits, so that general threads wouldn't bump generic vidya threads and vice versa? It would mean practically doubling the size of /v/, but maybe returning some of the /vg/ content would give people something more topical to talk about other than the latest boogeyman. Mods would have general creating powers.

>>322912
cgg pretty much only talk about dmc4 with a side of hype for whatever rare qualifying game is coming up, but they don't talk much about it when released or only for a week or so a best. I pretty much gave up on it, so I get the stagnation point.
>>
>>314830
ban e-celebs please.
Or maybe make a board dedicated to that type of crap.
>>
Just get rid of e-celebs. That's all.

Also,. please allow PS2 in /vr/.
>>
>>320891
or edgemaster teens who still believe posting on 4chan is simply ebin and makes you a badass on the intraWeBzZ
>>
>>322941
>please allow PS2
That would be another nail in /v/'s coffin.
>>
File: pft.png (62KB, 853x237px) Image search: [Google]
pft.png
62KB, 853x237px
Decrease moderation on threads that do involve video games (allow Hunger Game threads, stop banning/warning people for SFW pictures of video game characters just because they're anthro, allow both husbando and waifu threads)
Increase moderation on threads that dont involve video games (threads that bait with pictures of porn stars, JAV, flavor of the month anime waifus, threads where the picture is very clearly more interesting than the text and not vidya)
>>
>>322932
I don't think the difficulty is what matters.
>>
create a Nintendo board
>>
Remove e celebs. Please, everything will be fine after that
>>
>>322950
>allow Hunger Game threads
>stop banning furries
>allow husbando and waifu threads

Get the fuck out. You are literally killing /v/ with this shit.
>>
>>322303
Thread ID would be a good start
>>
Hiro if you're going to split the board have separate boards for console and PC. There's too much shitposting between them. Eastern games vs Western games is idiotic.

>>322939
A board for internet personalities would work well. It would keep that shit off not only /v/ but /tv/ as well.
>>
>>322936
I don't think /v/ is in a state where merging offshoot boards back into it will solve any problems. /v/ needs to be split up first, then you can assess the need of keeping /vg/ or /vp/ alive.

I personally think /vg/ should be kept alive, but with rule changes so that you can't just post absolutely anything there, rather focusing the games on multi-player only, or some sort of MMO focus or something.

/vg/ isn't too much of a blight since it compiles some good stuff, so it's not really worth killing off as quickly as something like /vp/, desu.
>>
>>320650
You just described /v/ unfortunately
>>
Ban all the current mods and get new ones. They're all autistic nintoddlers.
>>
File: 1445480989850.png (41KB, 544x575px) Image search: [Google]
1445480989850.png
41KB, 544x575px
REMOVE E-CELEB
>>
/v/ is unfixable due to board splits and overmoderation. The mods who frequent it are dumb and treat it as if it was /b/ 2.0 because that's what they made it into. /v/ "culture" is pretty much non-existant as a concept anymore and just ends up being a melting pot of cultural runoff from every other board. It is unsalvageable.
>>
I never noticed anti Japanese sentiment on /v/. People getting mad at waifuposters for sure, but no actual hatred towards weeb games
>>
This is a terrible idea and would only cater to a small percentage of users.
The only thing /v/ needs is to make youtube e-celeb threads against the rules, and to enforce the rules. Game gramps' sex life has absolutely fuckall to do with videogames, neither does Angry Paco's real name, or woolie's latest shenanigans. The intended audience for those channels is way below 4chan's age limit, anyway.
Weebs shitting the bed and asking for their own board is completely unnecessary and a waste of a new board. They already have /jp/ for their pocky-fueled faggotry.
>>
File: 1404459524354.png (181KB, 440x540px) Image search: [Google]
1404459524354.png
181KB, 440x540px
Keep word filters and refilter "SJW"!
>>
>>322968
>weeb games
That word starts the hate.
>>
>>322969
Please /jp/ doesn't want them either. That's what /vg/ is for
>>
>>317652
>Souls series has absolute dogshit gameplay
Why bother posting about games you've never touched? I disagree with weebs needing their own special snowflake board, but you don't need to post retarded crap to make that point.
Making shitposting threads about "when did you grow out of western games?" should be also banned.
>>
>>322968
There is no hatred for jap games on /v/. OP is just a troll who probably was shitposting with a smug anime image and got banned for it. /v/ is a shithole.
>>
>>314830
Please bring back Hiragana captchas. It'll cut down on shit posting by 99%.
>>
>>322974
Add a filter to meme and watch /v/ explode
>>
I think more than anything what /v/ needs is mods that aren't fucking idiots. I swear, they're probably the worst mods on 4chan.
>>
>>322980
>Please bring back Hiragana captchas.
That only ever happened in your head, you humongous wapanese faggotron.
>>
>>314830
Ban any e-celeb threads. Basically anything that talks about Youtubers/Twitch streamers/other useless gossipy BS.
>>
>>322963
Fucking this. If you make an anti-nintendo thread you can expect a ban. Make an anti-sony or anti-xbox thread you can expect it to get 400+ replies. Not to mention they leave up porn spam for 30+ minutes every time.

>>322968
Mustards get mad about weeb games constantly.
>>
Increased ban phrases. Instead of just word filtering, start banning incessant meming fucknuggets

More bans on article posts, or trying to get around posting fucking Kotaku articles about vaginas with muscles or whatever the shit.

More actual janitors and mods that aren't anal faggots banning actual vidya discussion with the excuse of HURRRRRR/vg/ while letting literal porn, shitposting, etc run rampant

Fuck splitting the board or whatever other idiocy is being proposed in this thread. Ripping out the actual videogame discussion to make /vg/ and /vr/ is exactly why /v/ has become a rotting cancerous carcas since 2007.
>>
>>322974
replace the filter so they only bring blank spaces
also add meme to the filters
>>
>There are people seriously wanting a board split
>The split is for e-celeb and twitter drama threads
>These types of threads even deserving a board to begin with
>Not just being in favor of outright banning those threads completely
>>
>>322985
They're the same mods across all boards. I think you mean janitors.
>>
>>322975
As much as I don't like games like Senran Kagura or Persona, I'm not going to begrudge people just because they like it and I do not.
>>
>>322986
>being a newfag
Please fuck off from whence you came.
>>
Better moderation and word filters.
>>
>>317652

>MH is good
>Souls has shit gameplay

Ahh, I see, you have shit taste.
You're obviously a Nintoddler too, which pretty much confirms it.
>>
>>322990
Anyone posting youtube videos should be permabanned.
>>322997
>feeling nostalgic about captcha
Look who's talking.
>>
File: 1444090085039.png (142KB, 369x366px) Image search: [Google]
1444090085039.png
142KB, 369x366px
>>322984
>>322993
Adding "meme" to the word filter is actually a great idea.
>>
>>323001
>nostalgic
Captchas are clearly here to stay. Because they're going nowhere, they should function like they originally were planned to, to cut down on shitposting and bots.
>>
>>322989
>mustards getting mad
I don't think this true considering how many Japanese games are available via emulation
>>
>>323002
it has been spewed so much by shitposter it doesn't even mean anything anymore

atleast, if they're gonna shitpost, put some effort in it, geez
>>
>>322994
>banning a significant part of modern vidya """"culture"""
Cancer or not, throwing up a ban on something near 1/3rd of the board is not a bright idea. Besides, thosr people sticking to their circlejerk is not damaging the board as a whole.
>>
>>322950
Hunger games aren't video games.

I've already told you in detail why not in the other thread.

>harmless fun
I agree, do the thread on /b/, which is for random stuff. That's where it belongs, it shouldn't be deleted on there.
>>
WORDFILTER "MEME"

Louis CK's favourite word being filtered right now is the best thing to happen to the site in a long time. I'm sick of seeing HURRR MEME GAME on everything people don't like.
>>
>>323002
meme = kuso
reddit = 2ch
tumblr = 2chan
Anything else that should be added?
>>
>>323011

Those people won't stick to the fucking twitter drama board, are you god damn dense?

They're doing it for shit posting purposes. They're going to make those shit threads on /v/ anyways, regardless if a board exist or not.
>>
>>323001
>Anyone posting youtube videos should be permabanned.
Retards like this are why I'm glad nobody takes /q/ serious
>hey /v/ heres this video related to the playing of videogames
>HURRR BANNED

There's already a rule against commercial spam/advertising, if the janitors did their fucking job we wouldn't need to worry about people viraling their Youtube or Polygon articles.
>>
>>320656
>westaboo
i dont think you know what that term means
>>
>>323017
nintoddler
sonnygger
pcfag

pretty much everything Console wars
>>
>IDs on /v/
>Trips disabled

Done. /v/ is fixed.
>>
>>323018
>They're doing it for shit posting purposes. They're going to make those shit threads on /v/ anyways, regardless if a board exist or not.
As someone who has participated in various 'e-celeb' threads:
"No"
The shitposting threads are their own thing, someone posting a JAMES ROLFE LE ANGRY VIDYAGAEM MAN WHOSE WIFE IS FUCKED BY NIGGERS is not attempting to have real conversation. If there was better janitor work and more consistent ban rules, the shitty e-drama memery would stop.
>>
>>323023
Any slur used by console war faggots should just get wordfiltered out to a random insult, so nobody knows what they're talking about
>>
>>320869
>and Neptunia

Suffer not the compile to live

Senran is fine, the studio's at least trying.
>>
The mods who frequent v/ are some of the worst mods on this website. They are the equivalent of old /b/ mods. They don't follow any structure or any rules. Instead, they constantly abuse global 3 for things they don't like, while a literal copypasta thread reaches 400 replies. They have turned the board into 4chans dumping ground for "memes" and other board content. Want to fix /v/? Have different mods frequent it and fire the entire new janitorial staff. Not a moment goes by that there isn't a deleted post in a /v/ thread lately and it's clearly just an abuse of power half the time.
>>
>>322961
Well, I'm not really looking to kill it. /vg/ would still function as it does it would just be on the same catalog as /v/. The thinking is that splintering off /vg/ has created a whole new little isolated world and there isn't much cross posting, so the games discussed and explored on /v/ have dropped to only the latest, thus the 20-30-40 threads a day schilling whatever is coming up (Fallout 4 lets say) rather than talking about games generally, which is what happens (fingers crossed) in /vg/. And the rest of /v/ is filled in with gaming industry current events, aka eceleb gossip and sjw boogeymen, instead of a game from say last year. They would compliment eachother providing /v/ type threads for new news, while ongoing discussion would happen in /vg/ type threads.

I don't think the stricter ruleset for /vg/ is bad idea. Really it's probably necessary regardless of what happens with /v/.
>>
>>320711
If that were a boy I would fuck his sweet asshole.

Still glad it's a girl, though.
>>
>>323024
You know its sad when people can agree that IDs on an anonymous site are kind of necessary
Trips being filtered is silly, just make unnecessary trip usage fall under the category of 'avatars' and make it a reportable offense.
>>
ban anyone who throws "weeb" around as an insult
instant global perma for console war shit
instant global perma for tripping the word filter
/v/ culture shit needs to die immediately; this word filter was a good step in the right direction but I would even go as far to prohibit filename threads and stupid shit like HE (although that really isn't seen too much anymore from what I can tell)

the /v/ userbase is simply too large to moderate, so what it needs is a mass culling
the current moderation staff is not adequate clearly, probably needs at least a couple of members replaced if we're going to get anything done
>>
File: When the pants come loose.gif (12KB, 120x141px) Image search: [Google]
When the pants come loose.gif
12KB, 120x141px
HIRO HEAR MY WORDS:

>Delete all Twitter/e-celeb threads
>Delete all Console War threads
>Delete all NEVER EVER threads
>Filter out the word "meme"

Doing this might save /v/ from the turmoil it's in
>>
>>323024
Trips really aren't a problem on /v/. The ones who are no longer use their trips.
>>
>>323029
All janitors on /v/ should be replaced, mods are global iirc and thus can't really be fixed, but I agree with you in concept.
>>
>>323033
this
we need better measures, if they're automatic then even better
>>
>>323039
>>323033
THIS
H
I
S
>>
>>314830
But you even had /vg/ general about jap games, and it died. How would full new board works if you cant even maintain general?
>>
I'd like a Media or /me/ board where people would share videos for various purposes. This would get rid of the Let's Play and e-celeb cancer running rampant in /v/.
>>
Just fucking integrate Robot9001 on /v/ and turn it on randomly, instead of muting it should 3-day Ban.
This eliminates:
>consolewar bullshit
>what did he mean by this
>copypastas
>e-celeb twitter reposts
>>
/v/ is fine as it is. It's a fun place to discuss vidya and blow off some steam. There's no need to make it some super serious intelligent discussion only place, every other site already tries to do that
>>
File: 1439321432530.jpg (117KB, 415x481px) Image search: [Google]
1439321432530.jpg
117KB, 415x481px
>wanting a board split because you're afraid of people making fun of you

What the fuck is wrong with you? Why do you want /v/ - Video Games to be about less videogames? What next, /pcg/ - Personal Computer Games? /cvg/ Console Video Games?

What about splitting up /g/ into Apple Products and or Android, maybe /gn2/
>>
Why do people think wordfilters work? They never worked before and they still don't work. People just go around them. Dumb idiots.
>>
File: hurpadurp.gif (365KB, 540x424px) Image search: [Google]
hurpadurp.gif
365KB, 540x424px
>>323045
for the occassional thread, sure
but as a whole /v/ is pretty much cancer in physical form
something needs to be done
>>
>>323045
Shitposter or /v/ janitor detected
>>
File: 17474466426.png (138KB, 543x306px) Image search: [Google]
17474466426.png
138KB, 543x306px
I don't think splitting /v/ in half would fix anything. Instead /youtube/ needs to be created. That would help a lot of other boards too.
>>
>>317647
Soul series is wrpg style game that happened to be made in japan
>>
>>314830
this is a troll thread, Hiroshimoot, pay no attention
>>
>>322902
>Making a whole board to contain a handful of threads with no uniting topic was retarded and everyone knows it.

It was made to contain esports shit mostly.

And its still needed for that because esports and stream monsters are still completely fucking retarded.
>>
File: 1332833318739.gif (361KB, 190x190px) Image search: [Google]
1332833318739.gif
361KB, 190x190px
>>323025
>As someone who has participated in various 'e-celeb' threads:

You're the type that should be banned from the board
>>
File: 1441645489581.jpg (1MB, 3000x3420px) Image search: [Google]
1441645489581.jpg
1MB, 3000x3420px
>make an e-celeb board
>make a youtuber board
>keep making boards for things I don't like

make it stop
>>
This is the most asinine, out-of-the-way solution to the problem /v/ has. Don't know what the best one is, but it ain't this. I don't go to /v/ for super serious discussion, I go to /v/ for the perspective of all the people who visit the board -- including the shitposters. The only people who find it impossible to have discussion on /v/ are the equivalent of people who hate their jobs and go into it every day a miserable sack of shit instead of trying to see things in another light.

Actually, here's a solution: Anyone bitching is free join NeoGAF, Reddit's gaming forum or GameFAQs
>>
>>323052
/youtube/ or /media/ would be a literal cancerpot of vine trends, memes, etc. The same as /wsg/. Youtube isn't the problem with /v/ and anyone who thinks it is is blind as shit. The problem is /v/ having terrible janitors and rules.

I remember a while back the PRIMARY > SECONDARY > TERTIARY sticky, bring that back.
>>
>>323023
sonyfag was already sonyfriend for a long time

ps3sux was autoban too
>>
>>323039
You know, there used to be quite a few automatic ban words on /v/ that disappeared for some reason. I'm all for it and killing /v/ "culture" I don't care about /v/ being some retards personal shitting grounds, I want to talk about videogames not shit that should've been taken care of in 2012 Granted, I can filter them; but they always find new ways to get around my filters and anything short of filtering specific words I'll continue to see their shit.
>>
>>323024
>Implying /v/ has tripfags anymore
>>
Thread unique IDs would fix most of /v/.

Remember how fucking good /b/ got when they brought IDs and restarted banning porn again (because we already have 5+ porn boards)?
>>
>ban anything SJW / gaming journalism / gaming sites related threads
>ban all e-celeb threads, make a board for streamers
>ban all twitter and facebook shit
>>
>>323061
Well we can't say for certain until its tried. Have it be a trial board for a month and see how it goes.
>>
>>323045
Shitposting is like icing on a cake, but it can't be the whole cake.
>>
>>322994
>These types of threads even deserving a board to begin with
I know what you mean but I say give it to them if they refuse to stop talking about it.

see

>>>/mlp/
>>
File: gumb5.jpg (69KB, 990x537px) Image search: [Google]
gumb5.jpg
69KB, 990x537px
Thread IDs.
Bring back doubles.
>>
>>323057
For what bannable offense, idiot? People with your mindset are half the reason /v/ janitors give 0 fucks about their jobs, when every day they come on to people whining about others liking things they dislike and not attempting to get actual off-topic or bad posts taken down.
>>
>>323033
oh yeah another thing, instant global perma for posting a picture that is from reddit or facebook
>>
BAN E-CELEB THREADS
>>
>>323072
I'm fine it eating pure icing
>>
/v2/ for secondarily related video game topics is starting to sound like a good idea to me
>>
Ban all pro/anti SJW talk.
More moderation.
Openly allow e-celeb threads.
>>
>>323043
It wouldn't, though. An LP is still video games.
>>
>tfw people are trying to ruin /v/ in the name of "saving" it and turning it into every other generic internet message board for video games
>>
>>323074
>Thread IDs.
Doesn't fix anything.
>Bring back doubles.
Makes shitposting worse.
>>
>>320660
This. We should just get a nintendo board. The amiibo posting on /v/ has no excuse.
>>
>>323071
No we can definitely say it would be shit for the same reason a board like /wsg/ has been shit. It also doesn't solve any of /v/s problems.
>>
/v/ doesn't even have a culture. I can't believe still complain about that. /v/s culture is every other board culture thrown together is a mix of bastardization but, most people are too stupid to know this because they only frequent /v/, I guess. To everyone who wanted /v/ culture dead back in 2010ish, congrats, you got your wishes. Now live with the consequences.
>>
Remove /v/ completely for 1 year. Remade it after that
>>
Ban e-celeb threads. Put in place per-thread IDs. Activate r9k on /v/. ENFORCE THE RULES ALREADY IN PLACE.
>>
/v/ just needs mods to curtail the flaming (console wars and baiting), not a new board.
>>
>>323090
>To everyone who wanted /v/ culture dead back in 2010ish, congrats, you got your wishes. Now live with the consequences.
Thanks, it was so bad back then that even the current /v/ is better.
>>
>>323089
/wsg/ is hardly a bad board. It covers a lot of other topics besides ebin memes.
>>
We dont need a board dedicated to japan games.
we just need better moderation.
>>
>>323073
>newfriends not realizing 90% of pony shotposting was and still is falseflagging
>not realizing actual bronies are content to sit in there assigned board and churn out gallons of OC, while actually self-moderating due to their combined autism
/mlp/ runs like a fucking well-oiled machine dude, it's hard to call it a cancer ground zero like /v/
>>
>>323094
>Activate r9k on /v/
The robots not on /v/ for a reason.

People tend to have the same if not similar threads every now and then because, guess what, when a new videogame comes out people want to discuss it. /v/ has over 1million unique visitors per month and unlike /r9k/ it is one of the top used boards. You cannot turn the robot on for /v/ without crippling it.
>>
>>320650
yes, but there is no discussion on /v/, there are bait posters and niggers baiting hard, the little discussion on /v/ is just "ur game shit senpai fucboy baka *insert word of the month from 4chan or facebook* and "no, its not, UR game is shit" ad infintum and i'm not talking about west vs east shit, /v/ is like that with everything, like 90% of the board is just shitposters, i don't know another board so shit, even normie boards like /x/ or /wsg/ are better
>>
>>323101
>/mlp/ runs like a fucking well-oiled machine dude, it's hard to call it a cancer ground zero like /v/
You're missing the point here.
>>
>>317652
Bad at vidya detected
>>317623
>Talks about wanting good games, posts a drakenshit screenshot
>>
>>322957
Lets face it, people have the most fun when discussing lewd stuff on /v/.
Hiro did it for /a/ and now they can post porn. And they're happy. Why not do the same for /v/? There's so many fucking people trying to get around the waifu and husbando shit in subtle ways that its annoying, just allow them directly.
>>
>>323099
>/wsg/ is hardly a bad board. It covers a lot of other topics besides ebin memes.
The dank memethreads are far more active, yes the rest of the board is basically older /f/ but its far slower. A youtube board would just be constant memery because Youtube is so large and fast moving, it would be YOU LAUGH YOU LOSE: the board the thread the experience.
>>
>>323103
>You cannot turn the robot on for /v/ without crippling it.

It needs to be crippled.
>>
>>323097
Agreed.

The people who claim /v/ is terrible right now haven't seen /v/ between 2010 and 2012 when it was arguably /b/ lite. It's gotten miles better but it still needs improvement, namely, enforcing people talking about fucking VIDEOGAMES.
>>
/v/ needs a sticky containing a few rules of the board

/v/ has way too much spoonfeeding, not enough moderation and way too many cross boarders from /b/ and /TV/ that only know shitposting.
>>
>how to fix /v/
AHAHAHAH thats a good one, /v/ can't be fixed. It just needs to be pruned altogether. or have a /pol/-style invasion strike allowed on it like what mootykins did

>people seriously think /v/ is salvageable, let alone worth saving in the first place
baka senpai desu fuckin keks
>>
>>323112
This. Shut it all fucking down. At least turn on Robot for images.
>>
>>323113

No the fuck it hasn't. You lack the perspective of someone who came here before 2007.
>>
>>323114
>/v/ has way too much spoonfeeding

Keep that special snowflake, secret club bullshit mentality in /a/ and /jp/.
>>
>>320675
>Who would do that?
ooh boy, negro, try other boards and you'll see that /v/ is one of the shittiest board, i mean /v/ is compared with /co/, /b/ and /tv/ (Honorable mention to /pol/) the trinity of shit on 4chin
>>
>>323114

Oh yeah, because spoonfeeding is such a great crime.
>>
>>323114
>/tv/
Can we just ban everyone on /tv/? Seriously, half the cancer of this site stems from /tv/. Even fucking /r9k/ with the Robot active is spewing /tv/ memes.
Turning on the Robot for /v/ might cripple it, but putting it on /tv/ would kill the entire board
>>
>>320751
Any anons who participate in threads that break the rules can only blame themselves for why a board is shit.

How hard is it to just report and hide these types of threads? Apparently to the average anon, it's nearly impossible.
>>
>>323122
Do you people actually enjoy explaining retards how to google or what?
>>
>>320751
the problem with /v/ is the userbase
>>
>>323122
It's not a "secret club" thing, it reduces the amount of unnecessary threads being made because people are too lazy to actually use Google. It surprisingly improves board quality.

Implement that and a rule that multiple threads based on the exact same discussions cannot be made and /v/ is drastically improved.
>>
File: 1424101231372.gif (1MB, 264x264px) Image search: [Google]
1424101231372.gif
1MB, 264x264px
>>323119
>No the fuck it hasn't. You lack the perspective of someone who came here before 2007.

Are you forgetting what it was like when /pol/ and /r9k/ got axed? When the then moderated /b/ asswads who got canned came over to /v/ and it had 1video game thread for 2 or 3 not video game threads and the front page being notvidya 24/7 due to low moderation?

/v/ has been far, far, far ,far, far fucking worse and if you claim it hasn't you're either mentally retarded or you're new. "Hurr durr its golden age was when the board was first made, trust me bro everything after that is utter shit"
>>
Lighten up on the furry part of global rule 3 a bit.

Make an official statement about waifu and husbando threads, including ones for specific characters.
>>
>>323120
No, you piece of shit.
>>323122
>>323126
If you're too dumb to lurk or use google, you shouldn't be allowed to post.
>>
>>323097
2010: Some porn, some video games, some offtopic

2015: less video games, video game threads the devolve into shitposting, different offtopic spillover from other boards, twitter, videogame "journalism"

So much better, so much worse. I'm convinced that anyone who called for the "fixing" of /v/ back then was new and simply hated how different /v/ was from any other video game board.
>>
>>323132
You ignore them, and let people who want to help them, you know, help them?
spoonfeeding is one of your least concerns in this site, why are you so assblasted about it? like this anon said >>323122 keep that shit in /a/
>>
>>323137
>Lighten up on the furry
No.
>>
>>323147
Yes.
>>
>>323141
Ignoring them does nothing but allow the problem to continue. It would improve board quality if threads made from idiots that can't Google were removed immediately.
>>
>>323148
never gonna happen enjoy getting banned you fucking degenerate piece of filth
>>
>>314830
No, we need a /pc/ vidya board more
>>
>>314830
>/vidyamedia/ - ecelebs shit
>/vidyanews/ - "news"opinion related shit(feminist bullshit, kotaku & Polygon bait, and related fuckery)

You wouldn't need much else.
>>
>>323150
I was not talking about threads, sorry.
Yes, beggar and spoonfeeding threads should be banned. I was talked about in-thread basis.
>>
>>323136

The only time /v/ has been worse than now was before captcha, when every post was a kimmobot or a .js virus. Which ironically, I realize after having looked it up to refresh my memory, was in 2010. I'll just shut up now.
>>
>>323152
why not add a /fur/ board? we got /mlp/ for those horsefuckers already.
>>
how about starting by banning anyone suggesting a board split
>>
>>323157
>being this new

God damn it I'm an oldfag and that makes me sad.
>>
>>323157
pretty sure moot added a furry board as a honey pot years ago and perma'd everyone that posted in it
>>
>>323097
Look if you use the catalog, you'll see a ton of off-topic, e celeb cancer and games, but the games threads are full derailed in no more than 10 post, derailed in shit fights
>>
>>323139
>2010: Some porn, some video games, some offtopic
Half the board was fucking sandwiches and shit that didn't pretend to be even tangentially related to video games.

>2015: less video games, video game threads the devolve into shitposting, different offtopic spillover from other boards, twitter, videogame "journalism"
There's more video games rather than less but the rest I'll agree with.

>>323141
It's like the people who want to be spoonfed are the only ones you're not allowed to be a dick at on the current /v/. If someone's being an idiot and not knowing how to press a damn button, I'll keep telling him he's an idiot.
>>
delete youtube/eceleb trash
delete fake twitter threads
delete fake x game getting ported to y platform thread, i mean for fucks sake we still have bloodborne is coming to pc threads
delete sjw/gg bait threads, both you niggers can go back to reddit and tumblr
>>
>>323165
kek.
Hiro needs to do this again.
>>
>>323152
It shouldn't be an issue as long as its on-topic.

>>323157
Why do I have to dance around other triggered people? Just let me post the same content as everybody else, even if it involves an anthro character. Other peoples hatred shouldn't become my problem. /v/s board specific rules and GR5 should be the only rules that affect posts involving anthro characters.
>>
>>323085
we just want the memers and shitters out.
>>
>>323157
Because /b/ is dead and they can just stay there or what ever.

Since you're new, there was a /fur/ board which was used to nuke all the furries many years ago and stopped furry posters for a long ass time. There's also multiple furry chans, so why not take your faggotry there?
>>
just let it rot
>>
>>323174
kill yourself asap
>>
>>323162
>>323165
I know about the three-day april fools joke, but im saying why dont they just make it a legit thing [spoiler]and then fucking perma them again.[/spoiler]
>>
>>323150

Yeah, well, threads made solely to request information have always belonged in /r/.
>>
>>323178
Which reminds me, enforce GR6 for posts like this.
>>
>>323184
>waaah im being fursecuted mods pls ban!
>>
>>323186
I wouldn't say fursecuted, I'd say annoyed I just read a stupid ass low quality post.
>>
>>323188
your fucking life is low quality degenerate
>>
>>322338
Don;t split /v/, /v/ has been split a few times before it doesn't help. Since the issue you're concerned with is east and west not getting along just start banning people with a east vs west mentality.

Better moderation, the moderation on /v/ is random and inconsistent at best.

Start deleting flamebait threads and banning repeat flamebaiters again. This is already a rule but mods don't enforce it, so now 9/10 threads made are flamebaiting.

No more e-celeb threads, like some others anons have said these threads are not about video games but are about one person. They also are rarely ever constructive. Most e-celeb threads are just excuses to gather together anons who hate a particular e-celeb and spend several hours all trolling and screaming about how much they hate that e-celeb.
At the very least ban discussion of Anita and Zoe Quinn.

Hire a mod to cover the several hours each night [spoiler]usually 2-4am US mountain time[/spoiler] /v/ has no mod coverage. All the mods appear to be asleep at that time and every single night chaos reigns.

Imo the off topic threads aren't so bad and provide a little variety on a board that quickly repeats threads over and over. They should be allowed so long as they're not openly hostile.

Make the Smash Bros fags move to /vg/ already. They've had at least 5 24/7 on going threads since Sm4sh 3ds was released a couple years ago.

Consider finding a better solution to bans for users with dynamic ips who can just reset their modem to get past a ban.
Make anons have to have a user id and or bring the robot filter to /v/ to help stop constant same thread same topic repeating.
>>
>>323188
What are you fourteen? Who gives a fuck if you're annoyed or not?

>low quality post
pot calling kettle black.

KILL YOURSELF
I
L
L

Y
O
U
R
S
E
L
F
>>
All /v/ needs is Anons with basic common sense that know the rules and mods that actually care about /v/ related discussions.
>>
>>323183
And /r/ is dead because everyone spoonfeeds instead of directing them to the appropriate board.
>>
>>323199
Imo make this guy a mod and see if he's the chosen one. If not, ban him forever.
>>
>>323197
Why does GR6 even exist then? Isn't flaming a part of GR3 too? Pretty worthless rules if you can just make low IQ posts that read like bad Youtube comment at any time. Has anyone ever ACTUALLY gotten offended at "hur kill urself" before?
>>
>>322338
Tell the mods to delete /pol/, SJW, Anita/gamergate, and bait threads on sight and ban the faggots who start them. Make /v/ use thread ID's to stop samefaggotry. Ban all furfaggots, kekposters, and people who fucking post porn since I don't want to get a promotion.
>>
>>323165
Shame he didn't do the same with /mlp/ and /s4s/. I really thought he'd do it with /s4s/.
>>
>>323205
You have, you salty bitch.
>>
>>323209
I'm actually a lot more offended you didn't put any thought into it.
>>
File: seriously.jpg (31KB, 598x448px) Image search: [Google]
seriously.jpg
31KB, 598x448px
>>323211
>>
Some anon from /v/ came up with this idea:

/v/ - video games
/v2/ - gamer culture, ecelebs, gamerfuel, LOL threads, etc
>>
File: 1424901744265.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1424901744265.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>323216
I can do that too.
>>
File: for reals.jpg (67KB, 600x458px) Image search: [Google]
for reals.jpg
67KB, 600x458px
>>323220
>>
WORDFILTER WEEB TO TOMODACHI PLEASE
>>
File: 1418426058348.png (340KB, 360x867px) Image search: [Google]
1418426058348.png
340KB, 360x867px
>>323229
I already have that image.
>>
>>323218

I personally still like the idea of:

/v/ - Video Games
ban - gamer culture, ecelebs, gamerfuel, LOL threads, etc
>>
>>314830
>>315355373
>>315353095
>>315356226
See
>>315359229

Ban off topic eceleb, twitter/sjw/etc. daily dramas, lol threads, all shit that isn't video games. Users will fill in the gaps mods don't fill fast enough. /a/ has had the right approach to this.
>>
>>323237
>>
Make a board for NSFW vidya
Literally no one is against this
>>
>>323206
>Use thread ID's to stop samefaggotry
We might need this because the replies and posters count still keeps it unknown and doesn't help identify samefags.

Just like how there's so many retarded OPs out there who still don't bother checking the catalog before making a thread.

I mean shit, that catalog was made for them. No longer needing to noko and 4chan X to make 4chan more accessible and user friendly.

moot isn't stupid, he knew most of the traffic spikes were coming from sites like reddit and implemented features to make it easier on them and they still fuck up.
>>
>>323244
I don't have that one. But I don't want it.
Thanks anyway.
>>
>>323245
>>>/h/
You can make videogame topics there
>>
>>323250
yw m8.
>>
Hiro are you still here? You're awfully quiet.

>>323253
/h/ is the most whiny board on all of 4chan. If people started making video game porn threads there every day /h/ anons would get butt blasted as fuck within a week.
>>
>>323253
What about non-hentai NSFW games?
We need another board
>>
why dont /v/ just man up and ignore shit they dont like, learn to self moderate and quit being so offended by every little thing??
>>
>>323262
>>>/aco/
>>
>>323245
Literally nobody is for it, I think you mean. So long as they don't devolve into porn dumping, they're fine as they are.
>>
My proposal: no more /v/, get rid of all video game discussion entirely and send all the 15 year olds from /v/ back to Reddit where they belong.
>>
>>323271
>games
>>
File: 1439344331118.gif (2MB, 260x347px) Image search: [Google]
1439344331118.gif
2MB, 260x347px
Posting from other thread
---------------------------------------------------------------

NEW IDEA
>>315360128

What if we have two "spoiler" options? One for actual spoilers, and one as a NSFW spoiler? That'd make /v/ a red AND blue board, pretty much.

>tfw /v/ is the first purple board
>>
Easiest way to fix /v/ is make a sonygger board. They constantly win the polls as worst fanbase on /v/, they never talk about actual games and everyone just hates them.
>>
>>323294
That's fucking stupid.

You do know the meaning of worksafe, right?
It's a videogame board, you can talk about titty games all you like aslong as you censor genitalia on the images.
>>
>>323302
That's the thing, threads get filled with porn crops and almost always derail the topic
>>
>>323306
So somehow, having the porn uncropped doesn't derail the conversation.

I got a solution for that too. banning them.
>>
File: 1438394863485.jpg (276KB, 800x1140px) Image search: [Google]
1438394863485.jpg
276KB, 800x1140px
>>323302
Censored genitalia, depending on the picture, may still be considered NSFW. Instead of having this grey-area, just allow you to slap a big NSFW on the picture before opening.

Pic related: Is this NSFW or not? The current rules say it's totally legit to post here.
>>
>>323310
Where's the rule that says reaction images are not allowed to be from doujins?
>>
>>323294
/v/ Doesn't need to be a pink board at all.
>>
>>323310
Can't ban people for posting not-porn
Making a NSFW board would at least mitigate the issue
>>
>>323218
How about /v/ - videogames and /b/ all the other horseshit? Wouldn't that be beautiful?
>>
>>323313
NSFW goes by public dress code.

Your image is frowned upon in public but is legal in most first world countries.
>>
>>323194
>Hire a mod to cover the several hours each night [spoiler]usually 2-4am US mountain time[/spoiler] /v/ has no mod coverage. All the mods appear to be asleep at that time and every single night chaos reigns.
That's not an issue, janitors can already remove posts and threads and send ban requests.
>>
>>323327
>>315361582
What about this?
>>
>>323156
What is Kimmo up to these days?
>>
>>323328
>janitors can already remove posts and threads and send ban requests
Then apparently they're not doing it doing those hours because what that anon described really does happen every night.
>>
>>323136
Just because it has been worse, it doesn't mean it can't be improved. Let's play/twitch/e-celeb threads should never be allowed, unless they're competitions like evo and so on. It attracts underage users and the wrong crowd and it rarely results in videogame discussion. Streams being against the rules is not enough.
>>
There's a heavy nintendo bias on /v/. For example every little nintendo announcement gets a sticky on /v/ while stuff like the sony press conference on the paris games show didn't get one.
>>
>>323129
/tv/ had its good times, mostly between 2010-2012. The e-celeb faggots from channel awesome killed the board with pure autism, but before that it was a fairly decent place to discuss TV shows and film. Some brave patrish anons are still trying to make film threads over there, but they get pruned and buried by all the shitposting.
>>
>>323118
Kill 4chan, maybe we can then pick up the pieces and salvage what's left of our lives. Only leave /po/ alive.
>>
>>323114
>/v/ needs a sticky containing a few rules of the board
Those never do anything. You're supposed to read the board rules anyway.
>>
>>323078
Make Angry Joe threads an instapermab7
>>
>>320679
No, that's how you fix /r9k/
>>
We don't need to split /v/

We need to make a Celebrities containment board for youtubers, twitch and other e-celeb cancer from all boards
>>
So what was the point of last night? Hiro didn't even come back last night to talk to us, when we really fucking needed him

Guess there's really no hope left
>>
I think another good method would be to filter Reddit into 4chan, been hearing people talk about that lately
>>
>>323547
Agreed on a celebrity board for sure. However I still think trying to make a sub /v/ would help to. Leave normal /v/ to normal talks about games and have /v2/ be for all the memes and shit
>>
>>323675

There's already /vg/. Just push that kind of shit onto /vg/ where it belongs if you ain't got the balls to ban it outright. 99% of the threads started on the topic are just blatant as fuck advertisement anyway.
>>
>>323660
You ever stop to consider that maybe he's just lurking? He's a busy man and I've got a lot on my mind. Don't give up hope that he just up and left the thread because you didn't see him, silly.
>>
>>323547
>We don't need to split /v/
Yes we do.

>We need to make a Celebrities containment board for youtubers, twitch and other e-celeb cancer from all boards
How is that gonna fix Sony threads? How is that gonna fix the constant Fallout 4 shitposting? How is that gonna fix Undertale spam?

Just because you only browse a handful of threads a day on /v/ doesn't mean you know what the board is like.
>>
Why not just kill /v/ altogether?
>>
File: 1446229924159.jpg (38KB, 670x503px) Image search: [Google]
1446229924159.jpg
38KB, 670x503px
>>323240
Fucking THIS
>>
>>323713
This is exactly what OP is trying to do, did you even open his image?

Just kill /v/, divide the shitposters. Much easier to ban them when they are divided, and much easier to moderate when the division is clear as day instead of the gray area we currently have on /v/

/v/ is honestly terrible.
>>
>>323712
/v/'s greatest problem right now, is that its userbase has become the problem, and one of the worse things that can happen to a board (see /b/)

>How is that gonna fix Sony threads? How is that gonna fix the constant Fallout 4 shitposting? How is that gonna fix Undertale spam?
These kind of things wouldn't happen if it weren't for a "u mad le epic keks xDDD" userbase.
Undetale is an indie game that was good, nothing more nothing less, but people run it to the ground, playing both sides (pro UT and against UT) just to stir up shit.

Fallout 4 has problems that would warrant a lot of threads but shit has been blown out of proportion too for the same reason.

Hell, people are trying to do the same with fucking Nier 2. NIER, traditionally NICHE AS FUCK, treated like the flavor of the month epic meme xD garbage.

At this point /v/ is not about vidya anymore, and it's too late for redemption. Like /b/, it's a shell of its former self.
>>
>>323727
>/v/'s greatest problem right now, is that its userbase has become the problem,
I agree. So we must do something about it, something that affects the entire userbase.

>These kind of things wouldn't happen if it weren't for a "u mad le epic keks xDDD" userbase.
Fucking this.

>Hell, people are trying to do the same with fucking Nier 2. NIER, traditionally NICHE AS FUCK, treated like the flavor of the month epic meme xD garbage.
Absolutely this, that whole thing of "LOL MEME GAME" is absolutely disgusting and it should be stopped.

>At this point /v/ is not about vidya anymore, and it's too late for redemption. Like /b/, it's a shell of its former self.
Which is why I agree with OP for at least a trial week, /v/ should be purged as a whole, and start over with new rules.

It helped when /v/ was 50% pokemon threads, it helped when /v/ was full of generals. At least some percentage of people of /v/ got to talk about videogames. Not mentioning /vr/ because no one really asked for /vr/ but I am sure the /vr/ guys are happy they have a place to exist.

/v/ is too broad, its like /b/. It needs limitations to stop its growing userbase. What other solution can exist besides dividing, which has been proven it works?

Better moderation? Moot tried that for years, and we both know its impossible to moderate with a handful of janitors over a million guys that can ban evade or switch to phone posting. How would Hiro do "better moderation" ? "Hire" more janitors? What's stopping them for forcing their opinion on /v/, you know it already happens in those sony and nintendo threads. Plus they do it for fucking free, they are unreliable to be all the god damn time here.

Hell, if I was a janitor I would ignore most of the reports and just post on /v/, I would not be paid for moderating so why the fuck should I waste time doing it instead of talking about things I want to talk about.

I think I strawmanned my own post here and went way beyond the point, gonna stop now.
>>
>>323547
>containment board
This never fixes the problem and you know it. You'll contain them for a few months and then they'll spill out again. Just fucking outright ban the shit, it doesn't belong

You're right on the splitting part though, it'll only increase the amount of problems
>>
The real major problem right now is that Reddit's GamerGate subreddit, GamerGazi, has been purposely infiltrating 4chan for a while now. Those fuckers want to make this place their own personal clubhouse. /v/ is their HQ right now, and that's why I think Hiro needs to understand that it's best we fix /v/ on here. While we did get some great advice out, such as splitting and purging /v/, we have got to stop the faggots on Reddit. Also self moderation will not help at all, we have got to get either stricter moderation, or purge and split /v/ in general. Normally I am against a split, however now that we have proof Reddit is purposely shitting the site up, we really at this point have no other choice

Personally I would like to see Reddit filtered to 4chan.
>>
>>323865
>begin this much of a paranoid nignog
kek
>>
>>323870
You see guys? This is the perfect example of a Redditor from GamerGazi. Anytime Reddit is brought up in any sense they will call you paranoid and delusional. This anon right here is why not only why /v/ should be purged, but also why Reddit should be filtered to 4chan.

Reddit, you've been exposed. We know your plan now
>>
>>322303
please see

>>>/v/315405739

>>315405739
>>
If /v/ had seriously strict moderation for a couple months and cracked down HEAVILY on fanbase misbehavior and clique-ish attitudes... maybe things would improve. We need chemotherapy.

>>323243
This is the right idea. A complete and total removal of the problematic "tertiary" subject matter would be a good start.
>>
>>324106
>Banning /v/ culture threads
Don't ban my LOL or 4am threads, you fucking faggots.

Even Moot was against that because of the shitstorms that happened when people did it last time.
>>
>>324106
This. The mods going full Nazi after /vg/ was made was a great time.
>>
>>324137
>Don't ban my LOL or 4am threads, you fucking faggots.
Nobody is blaming those for the cancer you oversensitive retard. Though honestly, I couldn't possibly care less if they went away forever. They're not fucking vidya. Moot was just pandering to idiots and memelords when he okay'd them.
>>
>>324145
How about YOU leave
>>
>>324047
That OP makes no mention of eastern/western split whatsoever, nice try negro.
>>
>>322303
Ban all Nintendrone threads please.

They are the worst fanbase of /v/
>>
>>322303

Good to see asian moot is as bad as gaijin moot
>>
so how about a future /v/, where we can discuss upcomming a recently relased games?
>>
Just outright ban all e-celeb threads. They're pure cancer.
>>
>>322303
ID's and mods
>>
>>324224
>let's ban the discussion of a thing i don't like!

Just let them have their threads, as long as e-celeb garbage isn't spilling over into the other threads it's fine in my book.
>>
>>322303
bring back /l/
>>
>>322303
Fucking ban "feel" threads
>>
File: 1438102071912.png (636KB, 527x598px) Image search: [Google]
1438102071912.png
636KB, 527x598px
>let's split /v/ into East and West

That's the dumbest shit I have ever heard.

You people are not even able to determine what makes a JRPG and what doesn't, and you unironically want to go split video game discussion based on where games are made?
>Is it the type of game?
>NO!!!! It's clearly the place the game was made!

>Dark Souls is a JRPG because it was made in Japan
>No it's not it's clearly Western!!!

Do all JRPG's (talking about the genre, not the place games were made) that are made in the West get banned from both boards?

Do people who like Souls games have to go on the anime board because the shit they eat was manufactured in nippon?

It's fucking retarded
>>
It's fucking stupid. Next people will want to split /ve/ and /vw/ into respectively Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft and PC boards. And then people will find yet another reason to complain.
>>
>>324311
What a retard
>>
>>324344
>let's split the video game board in a way where you can't properly determine which video game belongs on which board!

shoot urself
>>
>>314830
No.
>>
>>324350
Please kill yourself, /v/ermin.

It's a east and west split, not a JRPG and WRPG split. There is no "confusion" about it.

If the game is from the east it goes on east /v/ if not the west /v/ that's it. Even a 10 year old can do it. Your entire post was PURE retardation.
>>
>>324397
That's dumb as fuck

Might as well split the board by if a game's cover has blue on it or not
>>
>>324403
>That's dumb as fuck
Nice arguments. Surely convinced me. You must win all the cases as a lawyer with such impressive skills.
>>
>>324408
It's incredibly dumb in every way, there is absolutely no good reason whatsoever to split the board like.

>Let's ban Dark Souls and Metal Gear discussion from Western /v/ because of where the game was made
That's just utterly retarded in every single way
>>
>>324418
>It's incredibly dumb
>absolutely no reason
>it's retarded
Man, I have a feeling you try to argue like a normal person. But it just didn't come out right.

Avoid using the word retarded, stupid, dumb, smart, great, and the like. And give me some reasoning as to why not. Your post just now was literally worthless, try again.
>>
>>324429
>don't insult my terrible idea!!!1

not that guy but you're massive kek and your idea is shit
>>
>>324438
Damn, you sure showed him/me, clearly a master debater.
>>
>>322303
permaban anyone that posts sadfrog
>>
>>322303
/v/ was never good.
>>
Ban /tv/ outside /tv/
>>
File: 1421259354213.png (646KB, 569x802px) Image search: [Google]
1421259354213.png
646KB, 569x802px
>>324491
Are you daft?
>>
>>320751
IDs would help a lot in curbing some of the shitposting problems.

I think threads with pepe or feelsguy with typical shitpost copy paste garbage should just get culled with a warning and if the user keeps spamming just ban them/autosage the thread.

It would at least make it more bearable to actually have a discussion without after every few posts someone shitting up a thread deliberately.
>>
File: 1423154908188.jpg (12KB, 207x179px) Image search: [Google]
1423154908188.jpg
12KB, 207x179px
>>322303
Split it, hiro-san

Let the board be purged once and for all

the fun ends here
>>
>>324503
This.

Let the purge begin.
>>
/v/ cant be fixed no matter how many times you break it up, deal with it. Wah not everybody likes this, give me safe space where I can like it in peace. You people are pathetic desu.
>>
>>322767
Splitting the board further is a terrible idea, most people who argue east vs west games are shitposters anyway.

>1
I agree with one on banning e-celeb trash, Let's plays are alright if it's just someone linking some gameplay and not obviously trying to just post e-celebs.

>2
I really agree with IDs, there's no real downside to it to test it out even.

>Ban Furfaggotry
Seriously this.
>>
>>324513
>/v/ cant be fixed no matter how many times you break it up,
Thus, >>324503 is right. Just purge the board altogether and make 2 smaller ones.
>>
>>324429
Your idea is terrible. Here's why;

We all know modern games are almost all bad. The people who would flock to, and encourage the idea of the theoretical /wv/ and /jv/ would almost certainly be the kinds of people currently kept in check by the vitriolic nature of /v/ in general. /wv/ and /jv/ or whatever you want to call them would very quickly end up as yet another /mlp/ or /lgbt/ or /s4s/ pustule of faggotry on the increasingly bloated corpse of this site. As a board, both would only end up a hugbox of morons who cling to where a game was made to decide its worth rather than current /v/ where dissent is common and encouraged, as it is what fuels most discussion.

In conclusion you're a tard of the highest caliber, crowned king of the windowlickers, and your idea befits your position on the spectrum.
>>
>>324600
>The people who would flock to, and encourage the idea of the theoretical /wv/ and /jv/ would almost certainly be the kinds of people currently kept in check by the vitriolic nature of /v/ in general
Argument 1.
> /wv/ and /jv/ or whatever you want to call them would very quickly end up as yet another /mlp/ or /lgbt/ or /s4s/ pustule of faggotry on the increasingly bloated corpse of this site.
Argument 2
>. As a board, both would only end up a hugbox of morons who cling to where a game was made to decide its worth rather than current /v/ where dissent is common and encouraged, as it is what fuels most discussion.
Argument 3
>In conclusion you're a tard of the highest caliber, crowned king of the windowlickers, and your idea befits your position on the spectrum.
Argument 4.
Three out of those four arguments are projections. The other argument was literally ad hominem.
Just with that I can safely ignore your entire post and called it trash. Instead though, as I am not the problem killing /v/ (like you are) I will attempt to take something of value out of your post. Here we go:
Argument 1 is a worthless projection with no basis. Again, Argument 2 is a worthless projection, there is nothing that would suggest any board would "become /mlp/ /s4s/ /lgbt/ " (I don't even think you know what the last board is for) Nothing, zero things that would suggest, its actually such an empty statement to make that I am blaffed you didn't just say "/v/ will become Reddit" in your post, please elaborate on this even though I am sure you won't be able to elaborate in how the fuck a videogames board is going to become a my little pony board, a bisexual board, and a meme board.

Argument 3 claims it would become a hugbox, which is absolutely incorrect. As the suggestion was to make it east & west, not PC&Consoles, West will have consoles, and east will have sony vs nintendo. So if you want console war shit, there it is. Inside the boards people are still going to fight.
>>
>>324621
>muh ad hominem
Yeah that conclusion was clearly a serious argument really directed at you, and not obviously a joke because you're pretty clearly a prissy little fuckwit. You got me, you sure are smart, anon.

With that out of the way let's get onto the real argument.

>muh projections
Yeah sure, whatever man. I don't know if you've ever been to /vg/ but what you're proposing is basically that on a larger scale. You want to separate eastern and western games for what reason exactly? Because occasionally a shitposting thread crops up comparing them? You can't legitimately think this is going to solve anything. Those threads will still show up. The only thing this proposed split is going to do is create hugboxes that will stifle discussion and really not fix a goddamn thing.

>I don't even think you know what the last board is for
Yeah of course I do. It's your home. HEYOOOOOOOOOO

seriously though

/mlp/ was created because people couldn't stop posting their ponyshit all over the place.
/s4s/ is basically a joke that turned into its own containment board. All it really did was nurture the culture of shitposting.
/lgbt/ from my admittedly few and far between visits has presented itself as tumblr-lite. The huggingest box ever to hug autistic children. I don't want my most browsed board to turn into two significantly worse boards. Your proposed split has signs of all of these boards. The /mlp/ comes out in westernfags getting triggered hard by anime. The /s4s/ influence is from the "east vs west" obvious joke/shitposting threads being used as a tool to split the board. /lgbt/ mainly because I thought you'd get triggered by it, but also because the only thing isolating these two boards is going to do is create a fucking hugbox.

"westurn gaem so much betr dan dat jap shiet hueehuehuehu" "muh grorious samurai waifu gaem betr than that kuso burgerlander trash fufufufufufu"

Mark my words. If you get your way, and this happens, this is the future you chose.
>>
>>324621
>>324652
continued because fuck you 2000 character limit

>console wars are dissent
I was just kidding before but are you legitimately mentally challenged? The idea isn't just that people fight, but that they disagree with each other as to what kinds of games are good. Console wars aren't good for anyone or anything. I don't know where along the line you've conflated dissent with shitposting but perhaps you should reconsider your stance on that one, because it's patently wrong.

All splitting the boards this way will do is give the users a sense of identity tied to the topic. It always does. It happens small-scale in /vg/, it happens large scale in some of the worst boards on this site. Hell, it's happened already in /v/. I don't think we'll ever agree on this point, but by golly I'll have my voice heard, darn tooting. Other inoffensive words so as not to trigger you. etc etc
>>
File: proof.png (253KB, 862x704px) Image search: [Google]
proof.png
253KB, 862x704px
>>324652
>and not obviously a joke because you're pretty clearly a prissy little fuckwit
This isn't /v/, we are not joking anymore. This is all serious business.
>Yeah sure, whatever man. I don't know if you've ever been to /vg/ but what you're proposing is basically that on a larger scale. You want to separate eastern and western games for what reason exactly? Because occasionally a shitposting thread crops up comparing them?
>You can't legitimately think this is going to solve anything. Those threads will still show up. The only thing this proposed split is going to do is create hugboxes that will stifle discussion and really not fix a goddamn thing.
All wrong though, as the division will create a second /v/ board, if a game you don't like comes out (like fallout) and you don't want to see shit about it anymore, you go to the other board. So you saying "those threads will still show up" is absolutely wrong as that's the point of the entire division, to let the people have another 50-100 threads videogames board to discuss videogames

Your hugbox boogeyman is retarded. If anything it will go back to the days when Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy fags insulted each other.

>Yeah of course I do. It's your home. HEYOOOOOOOOOO
Epic, anon. This is simply epic.
>/lgbt/ from my admittedly few and far between visits
I really like this part of your entire post.

>The /mlp/ comes out in westernfags getting triggered hard by anime.
/mlp/ worked though, so why not send those westernfucks there?

>The /s4s/ influence is from the "east vs west" obvious joke/shitposting threads being used as a tool to split the board
Those images, I have an entire folder of them. Pic related. And when the boards get made all these images would be a bannable offense in whatever board they are posted on.
> /lgbt/ mainly because I thought you'd get triggered by it
Funny guy

That quoted you get would get instantly banned, easy as shit. Plus those posts already exist on a daily bases on /v/
>>
>>324652
>Mark my words. If you get your way, and this happens, this is the future you chose.
No, we can make a trial board and then just delete western and eastern /v/ if it fails and we go back to regular shit filled /v/

>>324655
>I was just kidding before but are you legitimately mentally challenged?
I actually ran out of character space and had to summarize it with the shortest amount of words possible.

>The idea isn't just that people fight, but that they disagree with each other as to what kinds of games are good.
/v/ will never agree with anything, no matter where you send /v/

Do you actually think western /v/ will be able to agree on the best fallout game? Do you actually think eastern /v/ will agree between Persona and SMT? Or which final fantasy is the best one? Hell no nigga. /v/ is still going to be /v/, the threads, the OPs, will just be filtered in 2 different boards.

>All splitting the boards this way will do is give the users a sense of identity tied to the topic. It always does. It happens small-scale in /vg/, it happens large scale in some of the worst boards on this site. Hell, it's happened already in /v/. I don't think we'll ever agree on this point, but by golly I'll have my voice heard, darn tooting. Other inoffensive words so as not to trigger you. etc etc
Your voice is honestly [spoiler]shit[/spoiler] to be quite honest. But this was a fun debate to me. So if you have anything else to say and I am around I will make sure to prove you wrong again.
>>
File: 1446269840527.gif (178KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
1446269840527.gif
178KB, 160x160px
>>324683
>This isn't /v/, we are not joking anymore. This is all serious business.
I'm always serious.

>All wrong though, as the division will create a second /v/ board, if a game you don't like comes out (like fallout) and you don't want to see shit about it anymore, you go to the other board. So you saying "those threads will still show up" is absolutely wrong as that's the point of the entire division, to let the people have another 50-100 threads videogames board to discuss videogames
That's just so clearly not true Anon. There must always be a shitposter™© ®. More seriously you're still going to see the same threads with the same shitposts, they're just always going to be directed at the games you like. It's not going to get better for you in this case, just worse. Throwing the idea of "more moderation" at the problem never fixes it either, because if the moderators aren't completely in-line with the community they will fuck it up, and the community will lose their collective shit.

>Your hugbox boogeyman is retarded. If anything it will go back to the days when Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy fags insulted each other.
Yeah I wish. There's no way people will react well to being placed into what are essentially tribes. /wv/ is just going to be /jv/'s reddit bogeyman and vice versa. Dissent will be chalked up to filthy crossboarder scum and discarded. Kinda like with /a/, actually.

>>Yeah of course I do. It's your home. HEYOOOOOOOOOO
>Epic, anon. This is simply epic.
>>/lgbt/ from my admittedly few and far between visits
>I really like this part of your entire post.
:^)

>/mlp/ worked though, so why not send those westernfucks there?
It worked as containment, but we never really got rid of the problem. We're nurturing it. We never got April Furs Day 2.0, and now we probably never will. Ponyfags never deserved a place here. They still post among us you know. We should've just nuked /co/ entirely and cut off the gangrenous limb while we still could.
>>
>>324683
>That quoted you get would get instantly banned, easy as shit. Plus those posts already exist on a daily bases on /v/
Well, yeah. I would hope so, on some level. But you're not going to remove the sentiment from the community by censoring it though. You just drive it deeper and make sure it takes root.

>No, we can make a trial board and then just delete western and eastern /v/ if it fails and we go back to regular shit filled /v/
mite b cool but I seriously doubt it will garner a userbase that's not 90% /foolz/ from the archive sites based on software of the same name, AKA retarded ironic-weeb shitposting tripfags. Worth a shot maybe. All I'm really against is a hard split of the community, because there is no way it will go well.

>/v/ will never agree with anything, no matter where you send /v/
Yeah, so long as you send them together, sure. Separate them into these pockets and shit will get incestuous fast.

>Do you actually think western /v/ will be able to agree on the best fallout game? Do you actually think eastern /v/ will agree between Persona and SMT? Or which final fantasy is the best one? Hell no nigga.
Of course not. That's not what I'm talking about though. What I'm saying is that shit games are more likely to get a pass because they are on topic. At the moment we have people on /v/ who legitimately bought the last cawwadoody or dragon age cisquisition. My main worry is that these terrible games start to become more accepted despite their terrible quality, just because they're "western". I don't want to nurture yet another cancerous containment board. The relaxed standards would bring in retards who think they're in good company much like ironic shitposting did with shitposters and the cycle continues anew.

>Your voice is honestly [spoiler]shit[/spoiler] to be quite honest. But this was a fun debate to me. So if you have anything else to say and I am around I will make sure to prove you wrong again.
super rude dude hurtfeelings/10
>>
>>314830
We've been talking about this for a day now, I think a better new board would be /vc/- Vidya culture
Thread posts: 890
Thread images: 111

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.