[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CONSERVATIVE CHRISTIANS BTFO

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: mfw.gif (2MB, 350x300px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.gif
2MB, 350x300px
>"I'll say it again-it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of A needle than for a rich person to enter the Kingdom of God!"
Matthew 19:24

Where were you when you realized that all Christians are supposed to be fiscally progressive Democrats?
>>
File: 1416029386631.png (46KB, 229x220px) Image search: [Google]
1416029386631.png
46KB, 229x220px
>Am middle class

Woop I don't qualify as rich! Looks like I'm good. Also fuck Obama fuck liberals fuck SJWs. Welp that was easy.
>>
>>53812023
But are you a Christian?

If so, you can't say fuck liberals. Because Jesus called all of us to be liberals. It clearly indicates that being rich and prosperous is bad.

Does this mean all Republicans will burn in Hell?
>>
>>53811097
>rich people put their personal salvation in jeopardy through greed and materialistic obsessions with wealth
>hurrrr that means Jesus wanted the government to take their money and redistribute it
>>
>>53812341
We're all "liberal" compared to just about everyone else to have ever existed.
>>
>>53811097
You've taken this passage out of context anyway. He was saying that you can't get into heaven by having a ton of money.
>>
File: op_is_fag.png (579KB, 655x480px) Image search: [Google]
op_is_fag.png
579KB, 655x480px
>>53811097
>tfw fiscally progressive and socially conservative
>>
Passage is about not counting on your wealth instead of your deeds to carry you into heaven.

0/10 - You didn't even try.
>>
>>53812341
he didn't say we should be liberal through legislation
>>
>>53811097

This means that wealth is something materialistic not spiritual. When rich and poor die, they arrive in Heaven without possessions.
>>
>>53811097
>When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved? 26But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

>to be fiscally progressive Democrats?
Liberals are the most materialistic people around dipshit
>>
>>53811097
Economics has no priority at all. The point is that your morals matter. You can be poor and deserve to go to Hell, more than any rich person.
>>
>>53811097
>Being forced to help the poor at gunpoint
>Choosing to help the poor of your own free will

One of these things is not like the other, and this is coming from a guy that chooses to work at an orphanage in Honduras and a local food bank in Texas.
>>
>>53811097
What is voluntarism?

Christians don't need the government to help the poor. They donate money on their own.
>>
In the bible Jesus also says "Give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar and give to God what belongs to God."

Meaning keep church separate from state.
So your thing doesn't mean that christians should want a larger government because they don't need a larger government in order to help others.
>>
I like how you people don't actually finish the thoughts, you just arbitrarily choose scripture. Literally the next two verses.

> Verse 25 - When the disciples heard this, they were very astonished and said, "Then who can be saved?"

>Verse 26 - And looking at them Jesus said to them, "With people this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.
>>
>>53811097
>You don't want the government doing X, therefore you don't want X at all

I know there's a name for this fallacy, it's used all the time by retards and always needs to be called out, but I can't recall it.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.