[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

necessary evils

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: -1095077741.jpg (51KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
-1095077741.jpg
51KB, 1024x682px
Hi , I'm new to /pol/. I want to know your guys' opinion on the term 'necessary evil'.

Although I do not have a definition for the term, I can give an example: USA nukes Japan as an attempt to end the war, it was a necessary evil and was crucial to ending WW2
>>
>>53761590
Japan was an Isolationist country that was provoked into war, for nearly 200 years they tried to stay out of foreign entanglements, yet America is remembered as the Isolationist power, who was attacked by everyone. Nuking Japan was not necessary.
>>
>>53761590
What is evil about Nip nuking? Fuck them. The Chinks are next.

OP you don't even know what evil means
>>
Nukes were the best thing to happen to Japan. Ask anybody fluent in Japanese History or better yet, someone who lived during that time.
>>
>>53761845
The alternative was it would end up like Germany did, split between US and Soviet.
>>
>>53762163
kek
>>
>>53761590

the invasion if iraq and the apartheid
>>
>>53761590

> I want to know your guys' opinion on the term 'necessary evil'.

The state of Israel
>>
>>53762295
this
I dont think they would have surrendered .
2 towns + honor OR whole country fucked up and mass rapes ?
>>
>>53762517

the firebombing of tokyo was waaaay worse than the nuking
>>
>>53761590
the holocaust
>>
>>53762586
Napalm:
75,000–200,000 civilian deaths; roughly 1,000,000 displaced

Atomic Bombs
Total: 129,000–246,000+ killed

Its all too much
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.