[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Do black lives matter or do all lives matter? w-what does

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: pepe1.png (42KB, 240x232px) Image search: [Google]
pepe1.png
42KB, 240x232px
>Do black lives matter or do all lives matter?

w-what does this question even mean?
>>
>>53746261
It's a gotcha question with no correct answer. You either get to be a cuck or hated by everyone. You lose either way.
>>
>>53746261
Black lives ceased to have value January 1, 1863.
>>
File: f10.jpg (4KB, 75x85px) Image search: [Google]
f10.jpg
4KB, 75x85px
>>53746370
>>
>>53746261
To them, it is a question of focus.

The BLM crowd is attempting to focus on injustices done to blacks in America. Many of them recognize that injustices happen to people of all races in the US.

When they ask this question of candidates, they are really asking, "are injustices done against blacks in the US a priority for you as a candidate".

I am not advocating the position, just expressing my understanding of the controversy.
>>
>>53746481
Or they're just stupid nogs.
>>
Its a question that either makes you a total cuck or a rascal depending on how you respond in the eyes of the libs.

In reality the question means 'is the protection of black americans from abuse by law enforcement an important pillar of your campaign?' but asked in such a way to make it a rhetorical question....to which the obvious answer is no.
>>
When the "all lives matter" thing started, some BLM people stated the phrase "black lives matter" always had an implicit "too" at the end. To them, the problem with the phrase "all lives matter" was that it sounded like people were ignoring the racial disparity in police violence which they were trying to focus on. If you take this viewpoint, BLM was always about all lives mattering, but they were trying to address a specific issue and didn't want the conversation to become diluted (see what happened to Occupy Wall Street).

Now, the problem with asking the question as an either-or, "do black lives matter or do all lives matter" is that it rejects this view point and could not possibly adhere to the idea of BLM implicitly standing for "black lives matter, too". This is a question only a racist who wants to put black lives above other lives would ask.

tl;dr it's all semantics, and the phrases mean different things to different people.
>>
>>53746261

I'll believe they think all black lives matter when they close down the abortion mills.
>>
>>53746261
It means only black lives matter.
>>
>>53746261
There is a thing called Betteridge's law of headlines which addresses biased rhetorical questions.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betteridge%27s_law_of_headlines
>>
File: 1442448275776.png (789KB, 956x736px) Image search: [Google]
1442448275776.png
789KB, 956x736px
>>53746261
BLACK LOIVES MADDAH
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.