[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Biggest Tech Deal Ever

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 4a8259427562956.jpg (54KB, 692x515px) Image search: [Google]
4a8259427562956.jpg
54KB, 692x515px
Dell have bought data storage company EMC for $67bn, the biggest ever deal in the tech industry. The previous record was held by the $25bn Hewlett-Packard-Compaq deal in 2001.
EMC is (by market revenue) the largest maker of external storage systems in the industry. Dell hopes to be able to sell Dell tools to the customers using EMC servers.
Sun Microsystems tried something similar in 2005 when they bought StorageTek for $4.1bn so they could market Sun tools to StorageTek customers; but the venture failed and Sun was bought by Oracle 5 years later.

>http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/10/12/dell_buys_emc_67bn_cash_share_deal/

How do you stop monopolies forming when they just buy the competition?
>>
Would you sell your anal virginity for $67 billion?
>>
>>53533726
>$67 billion
>for just about anything

Ripped the fuck off, jesus christ how retarded.
>>
So how would a true free market change this?
>>
>>53533997
i would IPO my anus for $67 billion
>>
>>53534285
It dosent. Lolbertarians are idiots. With no government interference true capitalism morphs into monopolies and companies colluding with each other.
The problem isnt we need less government its we need less corrupt government officials. Libertariand are just too stupid to realize this and instead of kicking out bad politicians they just want to go overkill and destroy all government which just makes it easier for corporations to fuck us over.
>>
>>53533997
i'd do it for free
>>
Fuck Dell, EMC just lost our business.
>>
>>53533726
>How do you stop monopolies forming when they just buy the competition?

You diminish IP rights.

Just look at China, they copy anything like cutthroats and give no shits. Everything is dirt cheap. You can get copies and clones of most brand name items for a tenth of the cost and they're almost as good (QC obviously not their strong point).

Capitalism ends when you end competition. Capitalist virtues end when you get stodgy monopolies that don't need to compete anymore.

It's like privatizing water. You get a company interested in profit that can charge whatever they want because the people need the resource. It's not an area where capitalism excels. In fact it's been a fucking disaster where it was tried (South America) after Thatcherism went across the world.
>>
>>53534537
>instead of kicking out bad politicians they just want to go overkill and destroy all government which just makes it easier for corporations to fuck us over.
>instead of kicking out bad politicians

what qualifies as bad? like forcing people to pay for bullshit or go to jail, does that qualify as bad
>>
>>53533726
Are you retarded? EMC and Dell are in different segments of the tech industry.

Companies buy smaller ones all the time, many times it fails. New ones pip up.

Who gives a fuck? They're not monopolizing shit.

Dell is a hardware company, EMC is a software and storage company. Cool your shit.

I work in a related field...
>>
>>53534537
Lolbertarians don't recognize patents or ip, it's the closest thing to true competition.
>>
>>53535153
Bad politicians who put corporations ahead of people.
"lol who cares if grandma got cancer from consuming this companies food. They pay me to let them cram poisons into your food. Free market bitches!"
>>
>>53536309
Lolbertarians also dont recognize regulations or government oversight. If its cheaper to put poisonous shit in food then to put safe stuff the company will choose to use poison. Without oversight from the government that is mandatory companies can do as they please. Its cheaper to market stuff then make their product better. Also all compaies making food could collude together so none of them would call each other out on unsafe practices and have their private overseers and regulatory agencies keep quiet and lie about the safety of their food.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.