[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HAHAHAHAHAHA

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 9

RETHUGLICANTS

BTFO
T
F
O
>>
it's probably a simple touch-screen problem. I hope they reported it and removed the machine. This problem pops up every election.
>>
>>38181596
we should stop paper ballots and enact an all electronic voting system. one that feeds all of it's data into a single centralized server center. that'll fix everything!
>>
>>38181596
>Ehehehe, this will get the goys
>>
>>38181596
That happens at my post office with their touch-screen. A simple reboot usually fixes the issue.
>>
File: daley the first.jpg (20KB, 250x320px) Image search: [Google]
daley the first.jpg
20KB, 250x320px
>>38181596
Democrats fixing the machines to ensure a win? Nah. Can't be true.
>>
Calibration issue.
>>
>>38181704
This. Touch-screens are notoriously shitty for needing constant recalibration. Same thing happened to be two years ago, only in reverse (for Republicans instead of Democrats). The poll workers assured me it's a common problem, and takes like a minute for them to fix.

Not cheating, just shit-tier Chinese-made electronics.
>>
File: 1412493184186.gif (573KB, 270x150px) Image search: [Google]
1412493184186.gif
573KB, 270x150px
>>38181596
>a simple touch-screen problem.
>>
>>38181596
The touch screen isn't properly calibrated, had they just used critical thinking they could have touched the area above the desired button to get the result they wanted.
>>
>>38181866
Never had to recalibrate my phone screen ever.
>>
>>38181883
>>38181866
>>38181738
>>38181704
FUCK OFF SHILLS

THIS IS OBVIOUSLY VOTER FRAUD TO ENSURE THE DEMOSHITS CONTINUE TO LEGISLATE DEGENERACY AND TAKE MUH GUNS

ALL IS LOTS GO INNAWOODS WE REVOLUTION NOW
>>
Funny how the touch screen on my cell phone has never needed recalibration.
>>
>>38181975
>smart phones are the same thing as cheap-ass touch screen voting machines

Grandpa pls
>>
>people not realizing this occured on every single machine in one voting center
>machines were "rebooted"
>"those dosh garn touchscreens keep acting up!"
>>
>>38181866
I remember taht. Reddit lost their fucking minds and it ended up on the news before anyone bothered explaining the problem and that the machine was taken out of service.
>>
>>38181596

he didn't try to press above the top pick, the screen was probably fucked up

you really think that a polling station would allow that shit? If that really happened you can walk over and tell the people there that the station is broken and you can just go to another

imagine what would happen if every five minutes a 45 year old woman could not vote for the person she wanted to

it's a broken machine, and nothing more. If you don't want to risk it on election day and having to interact with the ballot station workers, ask for a mail in ballot and deliver it yourself to your county elections office
>>
>>38182014
i'm pretty sure it recalibrates all the time without you knowing it but I'm just guessing. Hell, every phone unlock movement could be a recal.
>>
>the free market could fix this
>>
>>38181738
hi diebold IDF
>>
>>38181596
just an improperly calibrated touch pad, wish they'd demonstrate that.
>>
>>38181596
hahaha this is fucking hilarious
>>
>>38182047

>company is hired by a county to make and calibrate new voting machines
>company is shit at their job, new voting machines don't have functional screens

this is why electronic machines are shit and why we should have just stuck with regular ballots. Go complain to your county elections office if you want it changed
>>
>>38182139
Free market caused it. This is what happens when you buy cheaply-made Chinese shit and use it for something as important as an election.
>>
This is why i use paper ballots i will NEVER vote electronically. If this happened to me id select the whole fucking screen with my fist to make sure it didn't happen again.
>>
>>38181596
HOLY SHIT NIGGER PRESS THE SPACE ABOVE THE REPUBLICAN CANDIDATE YOU ARE DRIVING ME INSANE
>>
>>38182118
>he didn't do something
>it's the retarded voters fault!!!!

You're a fucking dumbass shill, the voter shouldn't have to do anything, the machine should work perfectly. You mean to tell me they don't test them before using them? Only a D would defend this shit.

And the same thing was happening somewhere else where the machine autopicked the R, and liberals were CRYING voter fraud.
>>
File: 46891746_p23.jpg (38KB, 358x492px) Image search: [Google]
46891746_p23.jpg
38KB, 358x492px
>>38182047
The reason they're like that is because they're often using the same machines they did in the 90s.
Theyr'e running either some shitty version of windows CE/embedded, or OS/2 .

neither are known for their reliability, but the retards don't think it would be worth it to get new units for something they do once every few years.
>>
here's the sauce faggots

http://wavy.com/2014/11/04/several-voters-report-machine-errors-in-hampton-roads/

>VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) — The Virginia Department of Elections has confirmed Virginia Beach and Newport News have experienced technical difficulties with the calibration of some touch-screen voting machines, Tuesday.

>According to the state Department of Elections voters have reported having a different selection appear after making their selection. These technical difficulties are being addressed by voting equipment technicians and with the AccuVote vendor. Meanwhile, the machines are being removed from service.

>The Newport News registrar’s office says they have had two precincts where there were calibration issues. The precincts were the Denbigh and Reed. Both machines have been re-calibrated, but have been removed from service. Voters are now using Optical Scan machines at those precincts.

>The department of elections says all voting machines are tested prior to each election, however some machines may need additional calibration after transportation to a precinct.

>U.S. Representative Scott Rigell’s Office reported Tuesday morning they received numerous reports of poll machine irregularities at voting precincts in Virginia’s Second Congressional District.
>>
>>38181596
>voter fraud is funny
Oh democunts, never change
>>
suck it up faggots
>>
>>38182353

>U.S. Representative Scott Rigell’s office released the following statement regarding the issue:

We have received numerous, credible reports of poll machine irregularity at voting precincts in Virginia’s Second Congressional District. This is very troubling. It is critical that every voter verifies the final summary page before pushing the “cast ballot” option.

>Rigell’s Office released a video taken with a voter’s cell phone at Tallwood High School in Virginia Beach. The video shows the voter touching the ballot box for Rigell, but the other candidate’s name is checked. Note: It is not against the law in Virginia to use your phone while at the polls, according to the Virginia State Board of Elections.
>>
>>38182047

If it was just a screen callibration issue then it would fuckup when you try to vote for the other candidate as well.

Of course the guy that filmed this never tried to clear the choice and then try different selections or touching above the top name to see what happened.

He is either an idiot that cannot trouble shoot a simple problem, or doing it on purpose to justify throwing a shitfit.
>>
>>38182353
>AccuVote

https://www.usenix.org/legacy/event/evt07/tech/full_papers/feldman/feldman_html/index.html

The main findings of our study are:

1. Malicious software running on a single voting machine can steal votes with little risk of detection. The malicious software can modify all of the records, audit logs, and counters kept by the voting machine, so that even careful forensic examination of these records will find nothing amiss. We have constructed demonstration software that carries out this vote-stealing attack.

2. Anyone who has physical access to a voting machine, or to a memory card that will later be inserted into a machine, can install said malicious software using a simple method that takes as little as one minute. In practice, poll workers and others often have unsupervised access to the machines.

3. AccuVote-TS machines are susceptible to voting-machine viruses—computer viruses that can spread malicious software automatically and invisibly from machine to machine during normal pre- and post-election activity. We have constructed a demonstration virus that spreads in this way, installing our demonstration vote-stealing program on every machine it infects. Our demonstration virus spreads via the memory cards that poll workers use to transfer ballots and election results, so it propagates even if the machines are not networked.

4. While some of these problems can be eliminated by improving Diebold's software, others cannot be remedied without replacing the machines' hardware. Changes to election procedures would also be required to ensure security.
>>
>>38182312

yes it is his fault

it's apparent that the touchscreen on the machine is broken, and that you needed to press above where you want in order to have it register correctly

now since he couldn't do that, he can just go over and inform the poll station workers that his ballot machine is broken, and that he requires a paper ballot (which all polling stations have, because mail-in voters might want to discard their mail ballots at the station and trade it in for a non-defaced ballot)

what about this is hard to understand?
>>
>head to voting establishment today
>stand in line forever
>finally get to voting machine
>one vote insists on checking the wrong box
>shrug it off and continue

Oh well.
>>
File: 1405506357480.gif (208KB, 323x221px) Image search: [Google]
1405506357480.gif
208KB, 323x221px
>>38182569

nice
>>
>>38182532

Because it is not a reliable way of collecting valid votes.

The integrity of the process is flawed.
>>
>>38182630

>Because it is not a reliable way of collecting valid votes.

you realize paper ballots were what we used to count ballots before 2008 right?

what about paper ballots isn't "reliable" for you
>>
>>38182379
if this is voter fraud then republigoyim did it too

same thing happened to me last year only in reverse
>>
>>38181596
I just used a machine like this in Maryland. It also had some weird quirks where it wouldn't let me choose the last candidate in some cases.

I just pecked it in a different ways until it worked.

Coincidentally, these candidates were the libertarian ones.
>>
>>38182630

>paper ballots
>worse than electronic ballots

fuck off kike
>>
>>38182016
Shouldn't hey be?
>>
post yfw when you realize there are people who do not use mail ballots
>>
>>38182790
Should they? Yes.

Thanks, globalization!
>>
File: faglord confirmed.png (19KB, 315x288px) Image search: [Google]
faglord confirmed.png
19KB, 315x288px
>>38182686
We are not talking about paper ballots. We are talking about faulty malfunctioning electronic voting machines rife with glitches. Stop deflecting faglord.
>>
>>38182790

ideally yes but the reality is no

simply put your phone touchscreen is a lot nicer than an embedded touchscreen because apple/samsung/etc are willing to shell out more for parts

same on the software side, most phone companies have better firmware, while embedded things are usually hacked together depending on what company you're at simply because said companies make less money and therefore do not pay as well
>>
File: 1344826899349.jpg (145KB, 890x890px) Image search: [Google]
1344826899349.jpg
145KB, 890x890px
>>38182503
>democracy
>>
>>38182869

>We are not talking about paper ballots. We are talking about faulty malfunctioning electronic voting machines rife with glitches.

yes

if you have a broken ballot machine, electronic or not, you can walk up to a pollworker and demand that you be given a paper ballot and a pen

the machine is taken out of service, and you cast votes like your parents did with a piece of paper

this isn't rocket science
>>
>>38182231
You dumb nigger. We're in 2014. Everybody uses touch screen phones and tablets day in day out. None of these hundreds of millions of devices touch screens ever fuck up. Like, ever.
> Expecting us this to believe voting machines are the only devices where touch screen fuck up, instead of this being a flat out fraud, like Romney not getting a single vote in certain precincts during the 2010 election.
Kill yourself
>>
>>38181819
Of course it is. *wink wink*
>>
File: TONE.jpg (8KB, 220x290px) Image search: [Google]
TONE.jpg
8KB, 220x290px
>>38182869

>we're not talking about paper ballots

What the fuck do you think you are given when your ballot machine breaks, you've never voted before, have you?
>>
>>38182922
until you leave then they put the machine back out on the floor for the next retard
>>
>>38182299
>>38181950
>>38182118

Holy fuck this. How can someone lack basic problem solving skills.

>Let me do the same thing over and over again and see if that fixes it
>>
>>38182946

because it's a different fucking screen idiot

do you really think all cars are the same too?
>>
>there are people who are stupid enough to vote
>>
>>38182982
So it's okay that the ballot machine breaks? Why have them in the first place?
>>
>>38183018
Shill harder you nigger. >>38182946
>>
>>38182990

and then it breaks with the next person, and it's put out of service or they have to waste time on it and hand out paper ballots (which take longer to count) to people wanting to vote in time
>>
>Resistive touch screens

why
>>
>>38183018

You're a fucking moran, the machine shouldn't be doing that anyway. The point is it causes false votes.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.