[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Click for more| Home]

What political statements make you instantly trash a person?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 184
Thread images: 26

File: trash man.jpg (156KB, 800x800px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
trash man.jpg
156KB, 800x800px
What political statements make you instantly trash a person?
>>
>>36258345
''the nazis wanted to conquer the world''
''i am the 99%''
''i believe in equality''
>>
anytime 'privilege' is mentioned in any way
>>
"Communism" in any positive way
>>
>>36258413
>>36258500
>>36258535

These

and "only the police/government should have access to guns"
>>
>>36258345
X is Fascist
>>
>>36258345
"There is literally nothing wrong with being jewish"
>>
File: Bastiat.png (39KB, 320x271px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Bastiat.png
39KB, 320x271px
>Private prisons

Not going to write a whole essay on this, but anyone who says this with a straight face is almost entirely operating off of emotionalism. If they were intellectually honest they would use something more accurate like "contracted prions" so that the debate would be more precise and not devolve into these weird distorted arguments about how the US has a free market prison system (at least according to them).

>Private federal reserve

Same reasons as above. It always devolves into emotion-driven retards making vague non-arguments and claiming that the United States has a more-or-less free market monetary system. Not going to waste my time with such people.

>You don't need an assault rifle (or whatever other gun related item they think up)

Nope, fuck you. I bet you have no problem with the state owning these things. I also bet you don't "need" to have freedom of speech to say such asinine shit.

>That's racist / you're a racist

Not an argument. Try again with less "muh feels", or don't bother responding.

>X should be free!

I cringe so hard when I hear this. Even when I was a hardcore liberal I had an understanding of the concept of opportunity cost, and how absolutely nothing the government does is "free". Given this, I am genuinely amazed how absolutely, appallingly retarded people are when it comes to economics.
>>
>>36258345

>Move to Somalia
>>
>>36258345
"But the children?"

"It's natural"
>>
>I am a feminist
>>
>>36258345
"Racist" when I hear that shit, I shut you out.
>>
>"Stand Your Ground" laws in reference to Nigvon's shooting.
>>
>as a feminist I...
>in theory ____ works
>I support free speech, but...
>copyright infringement is theft
>we need more gun control
>>
"America is a Christian country! That's why we say one nation under God!"
>>
>>36259464
>>in theory ____ works

Alternatively,
>X is good in theory

God this shit pisses me off.

IF IT'S GOOD IN THEORY THAT MEANS IT'S GOOD IN REAL LIFE.

If it's not functional in reality, that inherently means the idea is shit.
>>
File: tips fedora.gif (2MB, 312x250px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
tips fedora.gif
2MB, 312x250px
>>36259513
>"America is a Christian country! That's why we say one nation under God!"
>>
>"Communism is a great idea, it was just the communist leaders who were bad . (my mom, lol)"

>"But times change, and we must accept homosexuals as normal persons."

>"It is terrible to think about it, but even with all the possible artists and inventors left to fend for themselves, we should stop helping Africa" (my mom trying to be redpilled MEGALOL)

>"Nazies wanted to exterminate everyone who was not an aryan."

>"Nazies attacked the USSR without provocation"

>"Muh six gorillion..."

>"Most of the jews don't push the zionist agenda, you can't blame a people for a few's actions." (my mom AGAIN LU-LU-LUDICRIOUS LOL)

>"Religion is obsolete..." (lol, never mind its cohesive force, even if God doesn't exist.)

>"Look at the Western countries, how much more developed they are..." (I'm an East-European, no nigger invasion or degeneracy here, or at least not as much.)

>any sign of belief in democracy
>>
>>36258345
>I vote republican
>>
>>36258500
>>36258608
Yep.
>>
>>36258345

> Any indication of belief in, or advocacy of, the official explanation for 9/11, primarily; and most especially reinforcement of the idea that it is taboo to question said explanation.

> Advocacy of land ownership. Most other forms of ownership I have no problems with, but land ownership I do.

> Advocacy of copyright or intellectual property.

> Advocacy of plant genetic engineering or modification, in virtually any context; but especially agriculturally.

> Insistence that chemtrails do not exist, or that discussion of them is taboo.

> Gender supremacy, whether male or female.

> Any form of advocacy of the corporate world.

> Advocacy of any form of Semitic monotheism.

> Expressions of admiration or respect for either Richard Dawkins, Charles Darwin, or evolutionary theory more generally.
>>
>>36259906
Well it was, and we did, but now we don't. Fucking aethists.
>>
Communists
Nazis
Fascists
Libertarians
Libruls
Anarchists
Gun grabbers
Mudshits
Kikes
Shitskins
Niggers
Beaners
Gooks
Race traitors
Globalists
Feminists
Egalitarians
The Elite
Ultracapitalists
Whiney poor people
MUH EQUALITY
Politicians
Degenerates
Faggots
People who have nothing to talk about other than MUH ILLUMINATI
Naive faggots who dont think there is a NWO
Good goyim
Atheists
Pro-Choice shitheads
Edgelords
Weaboos
Stoners
Whores
And various other things, if someone is one of the above, they can get fucked.
>>
>>36260453

Who on earth can you talk to?
>>
>>36260513
People who arent shit/brainwashed.
>>
>>36260276
> Any indication of belief in, or advocacy of, the official explanation for 9/11, primarily; and most especially reinforcement of the idea that it is taboo to question said explanation.

> Insistence that chemtrails do not exist, or that discussion of them is taboo.

> Advocacy of any form of Semitic monotheism

> Expressions of admiration or respect for either Richard Dawkins, Charles Darwin, or evolutionary theory more generally

*tips tinfoil fedora*
>>
>>36260569
>People who arent shit/brainwashed.
>posts this list >>36260453
>NWO
Topfuckingkek
>>
>>36260701
wow le epik
>>
>>36258345
Anybody who immediately disregards my opinions simply because im catholic.

AKA
>Euphoric opinions discarded
>Protestants discarded
>Muslims discarded
>>
File: 1397832566902.jpg (56KB, 1022x547px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1397832566902.jpg
56KB, 1022x547px
>>36260780
>Catholic
*tips mitre*

Trash time, pagan scum.
>>
>>36258861

>Prisons
Just to confirm, you're referring to people getting the terminology wrong?

Because the political-penal complex is a real thing.
>>
>>36260780
I'm Catholic and I automatically trash baptists and methodists
>>
"mormonism deserves the same respect as any other religion"

"a mormon president would be fine"
>>
File: image.jpg (60KB, 635x471px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
60KB, 635x471px
>>36260872
enjoy your dying satanic pedo cult lol
>>
>Mormonism is a ridiculous religion, but I'm a Catholic/Protestant/etc.

>Scientology is an evil cult, but I'm a Catholic/Protestant/etc.

It really is a false dichotomy. They are all bullshit cults that brainwash you and take your money
>>
>>36258345
>unquestioned support of Israel
>muh guns
>pro-abortion
>>
>>36258345

>Bush/Jews/Obama did 911

>Social conservative single-cause voters (e.g. gay marriage or abortion)

>Anyone who in any way mangles a politicians name (e.g. Odumbo)

>Single-issue voters in general

>Libertarians
>>
>>36261062
mormonism doesn't have two thousand years of warped history and pseudoscience to back it up though

i can see how someone could be tricked into traditional christianity, but embracing mormonism requires you to reject even the most basic archaeology and science
>>
File: 1408975839804.jpg (49KB, 400x352px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1408975839804.jpg
49KB, 400x352px
>Immigrants will pay for our pensions

>10% unemployment => "There are no jobs!"
>>
>>36261062
>Scientology was founded by a sci fi novel writer
>Mormonism was MERICAN enough to have the audacity to believe that Jesus came to the USA

>Catholicism has 2000 years of theologians and scientists helping both theology and technology.

>if you are Mormon you actually have to use Catholic backing to help your faith since if Catholicism is wrong the story of Jesus is Wrong therefore mormans are wrong.

>Protestants are just mad cuz they can't read a bible properly and thus have to change it
>>
>>36258345
>I support the stands your ground law
>>
>>36258345

>Conspiracy theorists

>Social conservative single-issue voters (e.g. gay marriage or abortion)

>Anyone who in any way mangles a politicians name (e.g. Odumbo)

>Single-issue voters in general

>Libertarians
>>
>>36261344
>Israeli flag
>kike detected
>Opinion discarded
>>
File: image.jpg (66KB, 640x742px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
66KB, 640x742px
>>36261273
>>if you are Mormon you actually have to use Catholic backing to help your faith since if Catholicism is wrong the story of Jesus is Wrong therefore mormans are wrong.

what
>>
File: trashman.jpg (9KB, 196x257px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
trashman.jpg
9KB, 196x257px
>>36261373

Using green text.

Into the trash it goes.
>>
>>36258345
>incorporating god into their position

>hating Obama regardless of his actions--even if they align with their own they look for some miniscule fault

>I watch ____ news station
>>
>>36258861
>X should be free!
Of course there are many dumb political statements, but this one gets me every time.

How can one person be so fucking stupid as to think that "education" or "healthcare" miraculously appear because it is "free" ?

The whole "free stuff" thing is about saying you want something being collectivised and managed by a bureaucracy but without using those dreadful words.
>>
>>36258345
>we're all equal
>>
File: 1363725244357.jpg (57KB, 440x440px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1363725244357.jpg
57KB, 440x440px
>>36258345

> muh workers rights
> muh unions
> communism works in theory
> check your privilege
> occupy X!
> durr whites!
> durr greed!
>>
>>36258345
>fluoride is safe
>invoking "science!"
>that's sexist
>>
>>36261471
>If the concept of God fails, Mormonism fails
>Catholics have written more on God than any other religion

>If Jesus' first coming in Isreal/Judea is not proven, Mormanism is false
>Catholics have invested everything into proving his existence and death.

Thus
>Mormons need Catholic theology to exist
>>
>>36261373
>Buttblasted stormcuck
>Faggot tears detected
>Jimmies rustled

I fucking love this flag. Just posting with this flag up is enough to bring all the stormcucks close to tears.

>You're not allowed here, Jew, this is our sanctuary

Fucking furries, god damn it.
>>
>>36261621
>invoking "science"

This.
>>
File: VoteGreens.jpg (72KB, 720x537px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
VoteGreens.jpg
72KB, 720x537px
"multiculturalism works"
"You're just a Nazi"
"Immigrants do jobs natives won't do"
"we may be better off as a Muslim nation"
"It’s a religion of peace, love, family values and respect, and the only faith to give women equality in its holy book."

e.g
>Critics of multiculturalism are motivated by ignorance, bigotry, racism, xenophobia, fear and hatred of Muslims. They fear their beloved mythical Anglo-Saxon monocultural masterclass is threatened. The Nazis had similar values.
>>
>>36258345
Any comment about hypocrisy, intelligence quotient or trying to accomplish something as a defense for poor performance.
>>
>>36258345
>Bush invading Iraq was all about oil
>There's a connection to halliburton
>Bush stole the election
>Even if nobody can prove Bush stole it, Gore should have still won. Electoral college be damned!
>Obama is a smart guy
>Hillary Clinton is the most powerful pro-women person out there.
etc..
>>
File: gladius.jpg (258KB, 1191x398px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
gladius.jpg
258KB, 1191x398px
>>36258861

>You don't need an assault rifle (or whatever other gun related item they think up)
>>
>>36258345
"there's a difference between niggers and blacks"
>>
File: thatsthin.jpg (86KB, 798x507px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
thatsthin.jpg
86KB, 798x507px
>>36259999
pmt
Also nice quads
>>
>>36259906
>not counting all of the religions that believe in a God
Obviously you're the one that lives in a fucking cave...
>>
File: images.jpg (6KB, 237x213px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
images.jpg
6KB, 237x213px
>>36258345
something something systemic
>>
>>36258345
Anything gun control.
>>
>>36261062
I lived one year in Vietnam where we had to hide to celebrate mass and I did see one of the priests being taken one whole week for questionning without reason.

I'm sure he's in for the shekels.
>>
>>36258345
>Jews are God's chosen
>>
>>36258345
"I consider myself a male feminist."
>>
>>36261744
>>Bush invading Iraq was all about oil
Why would it be about oil?

70% of US oil is from the US.
Most of what we do import is from Canada.
Our second largest oil import is from Mexico.
The meesly amour we do get from Middle East is crap tier oil.
>>
>>36261826
So, he isn't in for the money.
That doesn't mean it isn't a bullshit cult
>>
>>36259449
This. Zim zam didn't even use stand your ground as a defense because it didn't even apply.
>>
>>36261952
Amount*
>>
>>36261744
His brother rigged the florida vote that's common knowledge come on now
>>
>"criminals are going to use guns anyways"
>"video games are the cause of all war and murder etc."
>if a woman consumes alcohol she's a victim but if a man consumes alcohol he's a drunk
>"drugs are bad, mmkay?"
>/pol/ trying way too hard to have an unpopular opinion
>>
>>36262101
Fucking lies. More fucking liberal lies.
>>
>>36262110
>"video games are the cause of all war and murder etc."

I know this is hyperbole, but I doubt anyone has ever genuinely said this or even anything close to it
>>
>>36261744
>>36261952

Saying Iraq is about oil is conspiracy 101 for children. Actually keeps them from questionning banking cartels or intelligence services operations.

To be fair, Murikans are heavily involved in the middle east since the late 80s not to get oil directly, but (partially) to control the oil market for the rest of the world. there is little of value besides oil in the Gulf.
>>
"humans are causing climate change"
"women are in danger"
"guns are weapons for killing"
>>
Austrian economics
Anarcho-capitalists
Ron Paul
>>
>>36260896
>Just to confirm, you're referring to people getting the terminology wrong?
>Because the political-penal complex is a real thing.

Sort of. It's a combination of getting the terminology wrong in conjunction with their retarded ideas pertaining to the matter.

To note, I am against the political-penal complex and the horrendous injustices associated with it, but when discussing it with people and they go on about the "private prisons" I know immediately that the discussion is going to be emotion-driven nonsense, hence me trashing them as it annoys the shit out of me and isn't going to be productive for either of us.
>>
>>36261554

We here citizens from detroit think that water is a basic human right, and that if i didnt pay those 4 dollars a month, i'd be rich like u witeys
>>
File: amusedmichaelcera.jpg (121KB, 1208x1040px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
amusedmichaelcera.jpg
121KB, 1208x1040px
>>36262216
>mfw all of those things are true, but the second only to an extent in some places
>>
>>36259565
>IF IT'S GOOD IN THEORY THAT MEANS IT'S GOOD IN REAL LIFE.


A son asks his dad the difference between theoretically and realistically.

Dad says thats hard to answer but i have an idea! Ask your mom if she would fuck the neighbor for a million dollars.
Son returns and says Mommy says yes.

Dad says now ask your sister if she would.
Son comes back and says she says hell, yes.

Dad says now go ask your brother if he would.
Son comes back and says, no, but he would he would suck his dick for half a million.

Dad says there you go son, thats your answer. Theoretically, we're sitting on two and a half million bucks, son. Realistically, we live with 2 sluts and a cocksucker.


Read more: http://www.visordown.com/forum/crap-jokes/the-difference-between-theoretically-and-realistically/404373.html#ixzz3EBGVOInp
>>
>>36258345
>it's hypocritical for men to walk shirtless and women cant
>only men are the cause of rape
>>
File: 1392080706284.jpg (66KB, 537x820px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1392080706284.jpg
66KB, 537x820px
>I believe X should be against the law because the Bible says it's wrong.
>I believe Y should be mandatory because the Bible says we need to do it.
>>
>I'm spiritual, but not religious

>It's the boomers' fault I don't have a job/am broke/have too many student loans

>You don't need to go to university for ______, all the information is online

>I won't regret getting tattoos

>Communism has never been tried

>We live in a police state

>using the terms "cognitive dissonance" and "per se" without knowing what they mean
>>
>>36262338
opinion discarded
>>
>>36262230
Could you give a non-emotional explanation of the political-penal complex? And how that differs from people who would say "private prisons"?(I am not American)
>>
>>36262216
>"guns are weapons for killing"

There's also the alternative
>"Guns were designed to kill people"

What the fuck does this even mean? How is this an argument in any capacity?

I have incredibly good comprehension skills and can decipher even the most retarded of arguments to see what point they were attempting to make, but this is one of the few where I see not even a semblance of logic behind it.

All I can think of is that it's the rawest form of an emotional appeal imaginable.
>>
File: 141005301629[1].png (192KB, 1252x1252px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
141005301629[1].png
192KB, 1252x1252px
>>36260276
>>
>>36262468
You have cognitive dissonance, maybe researching information about it online would help you per se
>>
>>36258345
Anyone who uses the word 'personify', or 'literally' when they mean figuratively. Also cunts who don't know the difference between 'thier', 'they're' and 'there'. Any idiot who lacks the ability to distinguish 'you're' and 'your'.
>>
Certain keywords ping my "bullshit detector": Traditional, nationalist, god, chemtrails, justice, false consciousness, cis, edgelord, or privilidge.
>>
>>36258345
"Diversity is our greatest strength"
"The free market will fix it"
Anything regarding how the holocaust is fake
*legitimate debate on exactly how many died is fine
"Privilege" anything
"Intersectionality" anything
"Sociology" anything
"Israel is our greatest ally"
"Serbs are bad people" (or something to that effect)
>>36258535
Fuck off m80
>>
>>36262605
>Anybody who doesn't just keep it general and say shit grammar.
>Anybody who speaks in Ebonics
>>
>>36261952
Typically when I hear the "Iraq was for oil" argument it comes from people suggesting that it was a move to destabilize the region so that oil would go above $80 a barrel making oil sands in Canada profitable.
>>
hurr durr not all black people are bad
>>
>>36262528
I always viewed it as a statement. I would never use it as an argument, but it is true

>>36262474
Why do you think humans are not the cause of (or are at least contributing to) climate change?

I could see why you would disagree on the other two, but human impact on climate change is a fact. Doesn't require your belief
>>
>>36261952
>iraq was for oil
obv not. it was about making baby israel happy and ensuring the future of the petrodollar
>>
>parroting "correlation =/= causation" from your Psychology 101 professor
>"I'm bisexual"
>"I'm a single mom"
>"I don't believe the official 9/11 story"
>pro-marijuana activists
>people who say "fuck" or "shit" in every single sentence they utter
>Americucks who say "I'm Irish/German/Norwegian/Russian/Italian, etc."
>>
>The job market is doing fine! Look at these U3 Unemployment numbers that say it's such a low percentage while ignoring population-employment ratios for proof!
>Our immigration policy needs to be reworked so it's easier for people to come in
>Laissez-Faire economics work
>Communism is the best idea if we would give it a chance
>Obama ruined the economy
>Bush ruined the economy
>Reagan didn't raise taxes
>Ron Paul is our savior!
>I'm a libertarian
>I'm a Republican
>I'm a Democrat
Pretty much any of these statements show they don't do any research on any subjects.
>>
>>36262940
that 9/11 official story was so poorly done any conspiracy is better than it.

I mean, i believe the Muslims did it too and it wasn't an inside job but that report sucked donkey nuts.
>>
>>36262940

I forgot:

>Communism looks good on paper, but it won't work due to human nature
>>
>>36262940
I am a bisexual. It is the real thing
>>
if you hate women
if you hate feminists
if you hate gays
if you hate a certain race
if you disagree with abortion
>>
>>36258345
"We need a common sense law..."
>>
>>36262463
I honestly don't find much wrong with women walking around topless...I have a fetish for public nudity.
The only downside is the unattractive women.
>>
>>36262728
>Why do you think humans are not the cause of (or are at least contributing to) climate change?

He thinks that "human are causing climate change" is a political statement. Let that sink in for a moment.
>>
>>36262728
>human impact on climate change is a fact
>"fact"
no it is not.

i can however agree that human being affect the environment

but we are not melting the ice caps
we are not causing hurricanes
we are not causing droughts
we will not create a Day After Tomorrow because we drive cars and have factories

we affect the environment, but i believe our impact on the climate is at worst comparatively minor in relation to the poorly understood ecological forces that do this kind of shit, in a geological sense, regularly.

i agree that a greener future is a better future, but this shouting about humans affecting the climate is fear mongering and detracts from what our focus should be; how are we going to prevent life as we know it being changed by the unavoidable changes our planet goes through.
>>
>>36258641
I laughed thanks for that
>>
>one race, the human race

>We are all equal! .... We are diverse! (contradiction much?)

>I am the 99%

>Social Justice is necessary

>Welfare is a human right

>Any privilege bullshit

>Any SJW-speak like "cispantransdolphinkinfolk"

>Multiculturalism is good

>Diversity is a strength!

>Islam is le peaceful maymay

>men and women are equal, and have no differences at all whatsoever!

>hitler wanted to kill anyone not blonde blue eyes

>women are as strong as men

>don't say that! That's offensive!
>>
>>36262728
also guns are tools go fuck yourself
>>
Anybody who even as a joke says the following.
>M'lady
>I need evidence for gods existence. Also, it must be perfectly direct evidence that is quantifiable even though God would be outside the universe and all things known
>Gay's just want to be accepted in scociety. BTW want to go join our pride BDSM float?
>Vaccines cause autism
>i vote for Justin Trudeau
>Im catholic and i support abortion
>Islam is peace
>/pol/ was wrong
>Its happening
>>
>>36258345
"The debate is over" (global warming)
"The war on women" (Dem. Reps)
"ISIL" (current WH regime)
"Fair Share" (progressives in general)
>>
>>36262482

Not that guy, but my take:

>Election cycle looms
>Locking up criminals and being "tough on crime" is widely popular, politicians draft new/longer prison law
>Prisons fill up, government is forced to contract "corporate" prisons
>Corporations negotiate favorable contract (get paid per head, require population quota, etc)
>Corporations give back to politicians in kickbacks / campaign contributions / lobbying
>Politicians like it because they get both votes and money
>Little incentive to change because no one wants to let all the drug dealers / rapists / murderers out of jail
>Repeat every election cycle
>>
>>36263115
It could be. It could prompt some to vote for parties that would reduce carbon emissions
>>
File: url.png (197KB, 408x431px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
url.png
197KB, 408x431px
>>36263185
>God would be outside the universe
>>
>>36263115
>he thinks that global warming isnt a VERY political topic
let that sink in for a moment.
>>
>>36263179
They are weapons that can function as tools
But their primary function is to kill
>>
>>36262940
>people who say "fuck" or "shit" in every single sentence they utter

Fuck off, what did I ever do to you? Shit.
>>
>>36258345
>you are racist
essentially another way of saying "I have no argument so pls stfu"
>>
>>36263185
>I need evidence for gods existence
What's wrong with this though?

I want to believe. I've seriously tried to have faith. But without anything that really backs it up, I know that I'm just engaging in self-delusion. No matter what kind of warm fuzzy feelings reading the Bible gives me I just cannot mentally accept Christianity.
>>
>>36263425
confirmed for never owning, firing, handling or seeing a firearm before.

or plays way too much cawadooty.
or not so bright.
>>
>>36263424

So what? Pretty much anything can be a political topic. But the question of human influence on climate is a scientific debate, not political.
>>
>>36263508
>a reasonable view on the subject

Fuck me I think that's the first time I've read a post that didn't get all le fedora euphoria about it.

Well said.
>>
>>36262482
>Could you give a non-emotional explanation of the political-penal complex? And how that differs from people who would say "private prisons"?

Example A:

>I think the current system of prisons is morally wrong and economically indefensible. In the two primary forms prisons take in the US, both of them have severe problems. In prisons the government runs directly, you see the Corrections Officers Union campaigning heavily to maintain drug prohibition and other laws to maintain there profits. Furthermore, the entire bureaucracy is riddled with rent seeking as the agents within the prison system both try to increase funding (and thus their power and income), and try to stifle legal reform to prevent their cushy jobs from being potentially threatened.
>The other form of prisons, with contractors running things, runs into the same problems. When the prison system is outsourced, all of the problems are outsourced as well. No fundamental solutions are reached, with both systems being fundamentally identical (and shit).
>As, at least within statism, the two alternative forms of prisons are going to be terrible, the focus for reform should be on the court and legal system itself.

Example b:

>These private prisons are FOR PROFIT.
>THE CORPORATIONS RUN THESE THINGS AND TRY TO GET PEOPLE ARRESTED FOR MORE MONEY.
>If we don't allow a free market in prisons, we wouldn't be having all these problems.
>profit, profit, profit, profit

The people who use "private prisons" will, in about 99.9% of cases, completely ignore all problems with government-run prisons and usually just go on emotion-driven diatribes about their hatred of free markets. They don't have any knowledge or interest in the actual economics/history/etc. of the issue, it's just a nice area to vent about their hatred towards free markets at because they read a story about that judge who was paid-off by "private" prison.
>>
>>36263508

You can only suspect you're deluding yourself, you can't possibly know, since you can no more disprove than prove God's existence.
>>
>>36263552
>so what
>defeated your own argument

ok then friendo
>>
File: 1402466773383.jpg (20KB, 295x443px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1402466773383.jpg
20KB, 295x443px
>>36258345
i know what economic statements make me trash fools:

Higher wages stimulate the economy.
WW2 ended the depression. War is good for the economy.
Capitalism exploits the product of other's labor.
Government spending grows the economy.
Hoarding is bad.
Economy based on need, not profit.
Trade means someone loses.
Capitalism is unsustainable.
We're runnning out of resources.
Income disparity matters.
Poor are getting poorer.
Full employment is most imprtant for economies.
No-one has right to exclude others from their property.
Central Planning works.
Socializing ensures access for all.
Capitalism destroys the environment.
The Rich should pay their fair share.
Economic rights in any form.
Cartels always form to stifle innovation and fix prices.
Natural private monopolies are bad, but public ones are good.
Fair Wage is a right.
Companies unchecked will flatten wages to a minimum.
Outsourcing is bad for Americans.
Companies plan obselesence.
Minimum wages reduces poverty.
Corpoartions have special/more rights than people.
Regulation is the only way to control behaviors.
Resources wasted on luxury demands.
Tax cuts are giving money to the rich.
Investment from governments are better becuase of no profit.
State welfare reduces poverty.
Only regulation can deal with market externalities.
Profit equals money.
>>
>>36263547
then tell me.

what the fuck does a gun do that isn't shoot bullets into something that needs to cease to be alive.
>>
>>36263547
What else could they possibly be used for?
Fucking cutting rope or some shit?

They can be used in self defense, hunting, and killing. Et cetera

>>36263693
Also this
>>
>>36263508
Its the inability to accept indirect evidence. What irks me the most about atheists who want direct evidence is the fact it isn't allowed to exist. Direct evidence such as
>Well where is he?
>What's he made of?
>Why can't we see him?

Anything that can be quantifiable would 100% prove God's existance and that wouldn't work due to the following:

If god made a 100% proof of his existence free will would be null since everybody would basically follow all the rules by force or fear. You wouldn't have the option to reject him since its guaranteed he's there.

Even when all the indirect evidence is pooled there still leaves room for you to make a choice. Because the whole point is CHOOSING to follow gods will. This is the point of Adam and eve and why they ate the apple. The story shows that God created all things good and yet they choose bad. Meaning that free will is one of the greatest goods.
>>
>>36263693

Make your penis feel bigger.
>>
>>36262209
>there is little of value besides oil in the Gulf.

Dang! I forgot all about the world's date supply...
>>
>>36263789
>You wouldn't have the option to reject him

How do you explain those Satanists who believe in god and reject him?
>>
>>36263789
isn't free will already null because he's omniscient, though?

also, that's some passive aggressive bullshit if i've ever seen it. fuck that guy, what an asshole.
>>
Any opinion dismissing "truthers" in favor of an "official story", which is as variable as the conspiracy theories.

Anyone who thinks white people have license to kill blacks (post trayvon, Ferguson), and are actively doing so.
>>
>>36263560
Thanks anon.
>>36263625
You're right. I hate to use this as an example because it's so often used mockingly, but if I believed adamantly in nazi UFOs without much evidence and loudly proclaimed to, either my self-doubt in my own beliefs would lead me to
- reject my beliefs
- find more evidence for beliefs and accept them
- try to find evidence, fail and reject them

>>36263789
>You wouldn't have the option to reject him since its guaranteed he's there.
This makes sense to me. But I also see it as making sense within the circular theological perspective of Christianity, like it was made to suit the religion after the fact (I could be completely wrong here). Part of the problem is I find the Christian conception of creation so convoluted and odd that it doesn't seem like it could have been put into action by a divine being at all and seems more like stories written by ancient religious leaders.
>God creates humans
>humans desire to become like God, become corrupted because of their pride
>Satan, who you would think is even less susceptible to this shit being an angel, becomes incredibly proud and tries to overthrow God (what? if God is everything, and outside the universe, how would this happen? It seems like a leftover from the depiction of God the Father as a literal, physical person in heaven)
>Jesus Christ, God, is born in Nazareth, preaches, performs miracles and is crucified and for some reason this saves the humanity

why did any of this happen in the first place though
>>
>>36263961
Think of god's all knowing in the sense of the multiple realities.

You know that theory where every choice you make another universe is created following as if you didn't?

Basically God knows every one of your lives in every one of those universes. YOU however, pick a path willingly and he observes.
>>
>>36258345
"whites are superior"
>>
>>36263789
Cite indirect evidence please and something besides the bible
>>
Any post that has the word "red pill" in the first paragraph.
>>
>>36263961
I'm pretty sure there have been dialogues on this for at least the last thousand years or so. One of the earlier schisms of the Catholic church I believe.
>>
>>36258345
Republicans in the UK
>>
>>36258345
>"that's racist"
>"women are smarter than men"
>referring to the holocaust like it only affected the jews
>anytime the holocaust is brought up when discussing israel
>>
>>36264540
>anytime the holocaust is brought up when discussing israel

>Discussing the origins of Israel without mentioning the holocaust.
>>
>>36258345
>"only white people can be racist/sexist/etc."
>"we need to give more foreign aid to impoverished nations"
>"only the police/the army should be able to use guns"
>"but its only natural"
>>
>>36264187
>Satan, who you would think is even less susceptible to this shit being an angel.....etc

Angels have the free will as well. And hell isn't fiery death like the bible says. That is just a description of what it would FEEL like to be 100% cut off from Gods love. So, he rejected God and thus chose to alienate himself from him. This is Hell.

The evidence for this is the fact that the commandments say that you cannot make an image of heaven or hell. If Jesus truly fulfilled the OT laws, this means he couldn't have been speaking literally. This is what Catholics believe.

>Jesus Christ, God, is born in Nazareth, preaches, performs miracles and is crucified and for some reason this saves the humanity
As we are all flawed beings and the penalty for sin is death (as said in bible). We require sacrifices in order to appease God. This is why lambs and such are sacrificed in the book. This is also why other religions used to sacrifice things to God (Book of Romans says that at one point all people knew of God and that the evidence is worldwide, but Christ is what is necessary to guarantee salvation).

And so, the Crucifixion of Jesus was a sacrifice. But as he was God it was a sacrifice of infinite proportions. This means that if you follow the teaching of Christ with all your heart, even if you falter sometimes, you will be reborn. This is why after Jesus died he took all the people in Sheol (Jewish purgatory for those who are righteous but sinners. You had to be perfect to go to heaven in old Jewish tradition) and sent them to heaven.

This doesn't mean all people are saved however since you still have to accept God in order to accept the sacrifice. Purposefully rejecting Gods laws is willingly rejecting him and thus prevents salvation as well since you literally choose to go to hell.
>>
>>36264335
>Anyone defending the two major political parties
>Use of the words "liberal" or "conservative" unless and until they provide a working knowledge of what those terms actually mean.
>>
>>36258345
religion
repeating government rhetoric,meg drugs are bad
most things,women say
>>
>>36264637
i meant when people just go on a rant about how oppresed da jooz were in the holocaust when it has nothing to do with the conversation.
>>
>>36264775

Well, that's not really anytime, is it. It's more like when they try to use the holocaust to justify killing people and shit.
>>
>>36264187
>why did any of this happen in the first place though

It's a mashup of archetypical father/son relationships in that part of the world during the time the god stories were written.

God (the father) used to demand child sacrifice, but eventually chilled out enough that the willingness to kill the child was enough. The father was still really pissy and punished and ostracized his children, though. So finally Christ, his son, willingly sacrifices himself, and god is finally appeased enough to finally love his children.

Parenthood was pretty ruthless back in the day.
>>
>>36263789

But adam and eve knew of god and still ate the apple anyway. Your argument is invalid.
>>
>>36258345
"I didn't come from a fish"
Gf's mom said this. And I just stared at her wide eyed.
>She believes it was aliens. Or god.
>probably thinks it was god, not a bad guess but when science is behind the other guess....... hmm.
>bitch goes on about how we share 98% genome with monkeys. "So where is the other 2%? Did It just fall off" *laughs*
That was a hard night.
Also she believes in the reptilian overlord shit so. My god. #libertarians
>>
>>36263185
>/pol/ was wrong
>Its happening
fuck yeah doublethink!

It's required for membership in any tribe.
>>
>>36264637
>Discussing the origins of Israel

Seriously, when was the last time you saw any real acknowledgement about how the current state of Israel came to be. People either say "We gave it to them after WWII" or they think it's been chilling there since the old testament.

Shit I didn't even know until I got some forum moderator on a political message board (he was israeli) to drop some knowledge on me. This was like just after 9/11, and we were having some argument about "terrorism" and the right way to deal with it. I realized I didn't actually know shit about Israel except that jews and palestinians were killing eachother a lot. I laughed by fucking head off reading the stuff he gave me because the whole thing was just so fucking shady. It took me a long time to realize why no one ever talks about it.
>>
>>36264873
Those people.

Castaneda hippies.

Tumblr feminists.

#DayOfTheRope
>>
>>36264656
Ah, that makes more sense, anon. Thank you.

I can't wrap my head around aspects of Catholic theology which are considered dogma, like the real presence of Christ in the Eucharist or Immaculate Conception (where did they get this from apart from theological musings centuries after the events happened?). It seems way too man-made.

Sorry, I'm not asking you to tackle all this shit on my behalf but I'm trying to provide a clear picture of the sort of problems I'm having integrating Christianity into a reasonable view of the world. The Church, which I am meant to trust as the bride of Christ, seems so flawed to me.
>>
File: 1406400511197.png (322KB, 700x583px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1406400511197.png
322KB, 700x583px
>>36263564

So, essentially, unions and/or corporations will fuck taxpayers either way?
>>
>>36265241
>like the real presence of Christ in the Eucharist
You mean the fact that anyone who believes in the word of god and accepts communion is partaking of magical cannibalism?

I don't mean to tip a fedora or anything, but I find it funny how much things like this are ignored or glossed over, while simultaneously scoffing at equally weird or barbaric practices practiced in other cultures.
>>
>>36265078
>This is a conflict hundreds/thousands of years old. We can't possibly have any effect on it.

It's like getting hit over the head by a billboard of ignorance. I don't even know what to say to those people. You can see the next half our of angry argument from someone who's completely wrong on all levels as you confront thier ego head on. And personally it's just not worth it. Big pain in the ass, and a gamble whether you get a reputation as an antisemitic Nazi at the end of it. You can lay it all out for them and it'll still be years before they have enough evidence to convince them. And by that time your relationships are already damaged and there's no apology.
>>
>inequality
>>
File: 3.3 million.jpg (4KB, 251x216px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
3.3 million.jpg
4KB, 251x216px
>>36265310

Well actually the common link is the government, so they're the one fucking you over.

Both the unions and corporations are simply competing to feed at the through the state keeps stuffing with food. That muddies the issue for most people as they focus on who's eating, not who's supplying the food.
>>
File: 1402724348253.jpg (25KB, 352x450px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1402724348253.jpg
25KB, 352x450px
>As a mother...

Don't need to hear the rest
>>
File: Jackson.jpg (1MB, 1200x1385px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Jackson.jpg
1MB, 1200x1385px
>>36263671
>mfw reading all this
It hurts even when it's ironic.
>>
>>36265563

*trough

Fucking autocorrect.
>>
>>36265440
Yeah, that as well as the fact that unless the Church gets the bread miraculously, aren't they just getting some average bread and wine and then saying "oh yeah by the way this is Jesus LOL"

I just don't see it.
>>
>>36263961
I'm a bit late but I'll try to answer.

Think of a friend you have known for a long time. Sometimes, or even quite often, if you are decently intelligent, you will know in advance how he will react in some situations, even if you have never seen him in such a situation. And yet nobody will say that your prescience "caused" him to act or deprived him of free will.

Well, God not being a retard and actually knowing you better than yourself, there is not the slightest contradiction between having free will and Him knowing what you will do.
>>
>>36265241
The important thing to keep in mind about theology is that no one actually believes any of it.
>>
>I believe we should have stricter gun laws
>I am pro choice
>gays have the right to love too
>there's no such thing as race
>only white people can be racist
>check your ________ privilege
>communism is a good system
>money ruins everything
>Nazi's were evil
>nukes are the worst thing to happen to mankind
>weed isn't bad for you
>racism still exists today
>we need harsher reforms to stop climate change
>I believe in women's rights because the wage gap is a disgusting reality of our society and should be dealt with
>if you vote conservative, you vote for the rich
>why vote, it doesn't change anything
>the USA is a warmonger, we should downsize our military
>the Iraqi war was based on oil
>we should raise the minimum wage
>the UN strives for world peace
>hate speech should be outlawed
>the rich are causing all the problems
>welfare is a good thing
>China is going to attack the US one day
>why are you anti-immigration? This nation was founded by immigrants!
>America is disgusting, I can't believe you slaughtered all those Indians

That sums it up.
>>
>>36265747
>The Miracle of Transubstantiation
It's actually turning into his blood and flesh via magic.
>>
Anytime someone uses the word 'bigotry'
>>
>>36264656

Things that make me disregard people's opinions:

>they believe in free will which is retarded
>they try to justify it with quantum mechanics which is even more retarded
>anything along the lines of "you can't know for sure"

Why can't people just be, you know, reasonable and not bat shit retarded about everything...?
>>
>>36266205
It's actually a super fun word to throw around... to the point where you just intentionally misuse it too see how people react.
>>
>>36265617
Well that's pretty vague
>>
File: Fish.jpg (17KB, 300x300px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Fish.jpg
17KB, 300x300px
>>36266213

>Determinism
>>
>>36266202

Which ultimately means you are literally shitting christ
>>
>>36266500

I don't believe in determinism. What made you think that...? Or, are you retarded enough to think determinism has anything at all to do with free will...?
>>
>>36265440
>Accusation of theophagy
Sounds Muslim to me.

Howdoes one compare transubstantiation with eating human flesh ?
It is the mark of the sacrifice.
>>
>>36266690
You are retarded
>>
>12 children die by a madman
> demand massive laws and regulations that will affect virtually half of the country
> turn their check to abortion, which kills one million a year

fucking anything said by liberals, honestly.
>>
>breasts are sexual organs
>breasts are obscene, but only if they're attached to someone with a vagina

fuckin' ooga booga cavemen and their stupid breast fetishism
>>
>>36266736
Muslims have their own weird shit, like the haj.

I believe the idea is that it is proof of a miracle in every day life, and the idea that you are partaking of his sacrifice, not just observing it. Also something to do with the fish and bread during the sermon.
>>
>>36262607
>privilidge

typical white neanderthal subhuman
>>
File: 1010.gif (945KB, 229x140px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1010.gif
945KB, 229x140px
>>36263671
Made my day.
Thread posts: 184
Thread images: 26


[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.