[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did you study in university? I start soon and will major

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 12

File: graduation_cap_and_diploma.png (1MB, 6675x4570px) Image search: [Google]
graduation_cap_and_diploma.png
1MB, 6675x4570px
What did you study in university? I start soon and will major in economics and minor in mathematics and accounting.
>>
I studied libtards and their idiotic brainwashing facility, then got a shitty piece of paper at the end.
>>
i dun need no fancy booklearnin
>>
Majors in General Chem, and Organic Chem, specializing in energetics and then polymers.
Studied various physics, biology, geology, astronomy, classic philosophy, etc.
>>
I started geology this year, but already dropped out.
>>
>>32984527
>will major in economics

econ major here, graduated this last spring
I work as a shift manager in a coffee shop

I really suggest you to switch your major unless you plan on going to grad school
>>
File: 1405726159456.jpg (18KB, 339x326px) Image search: [Google]
1405726159456.jpg
18KB, 339x326px
>Chemical Engineering
>Aerospace Engineering

>tfw I can get jobs that pay $200,000+ while libitards cry about their worthless liberal arts degree
>tfw fresh out of college and no debt
>tfw can put down 100% on a nice house
>tfw can have an expensive wedding in France
>>
>>32984527
Bachelors in Industrial IT, two associates in programming.
>>
>>32984732

Why has everyone turned so anti-economics lately? It's a popular major for a reason...
>>
File: 1393950704455.jpg (9KB, 267x181px) Image search: [Google]
1393950704455.jpg
9KB, 267x181px
environmental studies and geography
>>
electrical engineering and a masters in physics

I had to take a 300 level social "sciences" elective to graduate. That's where the local russian jew professor tried to teach me that there is no such thing as race and a racist is one who believes in races. He then went on for the rest of the semester making us feel bad for native americans because our mascot was named after their race.
>>
>>32984527
Great idea. I did the same thing

if you do it right you'll wind up making a biz
>>
>>32984732
>graduated this last spring
So, it's only iffy that you get a shit job with an econ degree.

Start looking for an actual job worthy of your degree, Anon. It doesn't hurt to look around for jobs.
>>
>>32984527

Don't bother with the accounting minor. If you're studying math and economics, you're too smart for accounting. Study more statistics and machine learning.
>>
File: 1367622475193.jpg (217KB, 1919x1084px) Image search: [Google]
1367622475193.jpg
217KB, 1919x1084px
Double major in History and Philosophy, minor in Economics.
>>
>>32984527
I didn't. I joined the military, and used the 100k I had after my four years to start flipping houses. Six years later, I don't even do that anymore. I own three apartments building and make 80k a year doing barely anything.
>>
>>32984732
can you explain BRIC to us?

I think there are some huge misconceptions on what is trying to be achomplished here.
>>
>>32984875
I've been looking for a while, I think my problem is that I live in a pretty shitty area for jobs, but I don't have the money to relocate yet

>>32984801
>It's a popular major for a reason
because it's fairly easy, I would argue that if you're going into banking that finance would probably be better
It's a jack of all trades deal
>>
I studied economics as well. Now I'm trying to join my country's Central Bank.
>>
>>32985000
which one?

you should go help the ECB
>>
chemical engineering

the job is boring as fuck but it pays pretty well
>>
File: degrees.png (75KB, 658x560px) Image search: [Google]
degrees.png
75KB, 658x560px
I studied computer science.
>>
>>32984903
>BRICS
you mean with their new international bank deal?

At this point it's small fry, but it's a good move towards more competition in the international finance market, which is dominated completely by the US and the Washington accord

However I question the effectiveness of the BRICS in keeping a stable political front with that bank
>>
>>32984527
take your blogshit back to /biz/
>>
bachelors in computer engineering, masters in project management. i chose the proj mgmt over mba just because of cost...i wish i had money :(
>>
>>32985027
Brazil.
>>
Thinking about going into mining engineer since its a growing field

Will I do well?
>>
>>32984675
I lol'd, why the fuck am I not surprised?

But in all seriousness, geophysics jobs pay a shitload where I live, should have aimed for that.
>>
File: 1406236796982.png (8KB, 208x243px) Image search: [Google]
1406236796982.png
8KB, 208x243px
>>32984527

Major in accounting.
>>
>>32985091
Agree'd.

Thanks. Isn't anyone afraid of colonialism?
>>
File: 1146.jpg (68KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1146.jpg
68KB, 640x480px
>>32985084
/sci/ is secretly laughing at you.
>>
Mathematics

>Any job I want
>300k starting
>>
>>32985094
>Not knowing these threads mostly belong to /sci/ instead

Fuck off newfag, let OP do what he wants.
>>
>>32984527
I graduated from a small, no name lib arts uni. with a BA in history. Went to law school. Now i'm an injury attorney making $250k+/yr.

Thank you, nepotism.
>"b-but, muh STEM!!!"
>>
Law. Currently working for the Police.

>>32985103

Triste vida de concurseiro, né, amigo? Mas não te preocupa, essa fase passará...
>>
>>32984977
I'd suggest getting certs, but I don't know if that works for econ majors.
>>
>>32984884
Did you do 4 or 5 years?

I'm doing a double major in English and Philosophy, and I don't really have room outside of my required courses to branch out into another subject. I have 6 electives for 4 years, and I'm going into my 4th year.
>>
>>32985103
Why does your country suck?

Have you watched bus 174?

are you afraid of Brazil using infrastructure investments in the future leading to colonialism in Africa?
>>
>>32985234
Note -I did have quite a bit of debt.
>>
>>32985196
sci is full of idiots.
>>
>>32984527
Game Design, I finished this year and started working yesterday.
>>
>>32985229
Nigger, this is the type of shit /biz/ is filled with. Stop pretending /sci/ is relevant.
>>
>>32985143
From the first day until 3 months in, i was completely depressed.
They pay pretty good here too, but college isn't for me, now i'm a neet until my parents throw me out.
>>
>>32985234
>law school
>STEM
Stop pretending that your history degree has anything to do with your position other than the fact that you needed some bachelor's degree to get into law school, you're not fooling anyone.

Congratulations on passing your bar exam, though, which state were you in?
>>
>>32984527
Application Development. BSc.
MSc level in Software Engineering
MSc level in Information Systems (CI, Six Sigma )
>>
File: drunkard pooch.jpg (120KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
drunkard pooch.jpg
120KB, 1024x768px
>>32984527
>History major
>mfw

It only redpilled me. We hated sociologyfags at the sjw department but wouldn't come out and say it.

It's not lucrative at all most likely, but I enjoyed it. I'm considering going for a trade to get a big boy job.
>>
>>32985241
>certs
Theres not a ton I can do with econ+certs unless you're talking about going into trades or some shit

I might have to go back to grad school, I'm not really sure that I want to do that though
plus dat gre
>>
>>32984527
medicine, will do either surgery or research

or sell my soul to genetic patenting
>>
>>32985236
Got over 400 hours of study since last month.

>>32985254
Because of brazilians.

No.

No.
>>
>>32985369
>certs can't do much
Holy fuck, that's horrifying.
I got my A+, Linux+ and four w3 certs. I'm going for a CEH and a C++ cert.
>>
>>32984804
finish your enviro degree and start the process to become a park ranger.

most chill job ever, and they are more heavily armed than other law enforcement (beargunz)
>>
>>32985425
Do solo projects to build a portfolio. That will help you a fuckton.
>>
>>32985348
but why even major in it, you literally can read these books on your own and the books you find outside of college dont have all the propaganda in it

unless daddy is a partner in a law firm and you are going that route which is based as fuck
>>
File: 1406186725717.jpg (20KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1406186725717.jpg
20KB, 250x250px
Engineering AKA unemployment studies
>>
>>32985115
If you like living in the middle of buttfuck nowhere
>>
>>32985475
Perhaps in your shitty country.
>>
>>32985327
The lone star state of course. I get paid big bux to make a few phone calls when some dumb fuck breaks his arm on the oilfield.
>>
>>32985422

>Got over 400 hours of study since last month.

Eu estudei 2 anos. 8 horas por dia, 6 dias por semana pra tentar entrar na PF. Acabei entrando na Civil de Santa Catarina. Mas vale a pena trabalhar pro Estado, acredite em mim. Vos falo diretamente da delegacia, que está quase vazia, sem trabalho, assim como na maioria das noites.

De qualquer maneira, boa sorte, anão.
>>
>>32985422
it's a good documentary. it's about a homeless child problem your country had, probably still has. not sure. you're growing at like 1 percent or something.

I am scared that BRIC makes no sense because such a small amount of capital is being put up.

How does that help infrastructure? It makes little economic sense

good luck anon

your country
>>
>>32985347

When I was 13 in the Irish Junior cert, I devised a Science project that took water samples at different levels of a major river, and over a period of time, the samples would be tested for pollution, I was basically targeting a Big Pharma company that was situated halfway through the river's course.

The big Pharma company had just settled out of court to pay a farmer who claimed his water had been poisoned.

The project was college/university level in design.

> mfw I got beat up a lot by the headmaster
> mfw I was kicked out of the school and told to do my project somewhere else
> mfw I never completed High School/Secondary School

Anybody ever fight Big Pharma, and get beat.
>>
>>32985468
I shouldn't have went to university in the first place but fell to the scam because 18 year old me was a good goy. I bounced around majors at first but settled into history because I know it well and didn't want to be a dropout.

>>32985468
>and the books you find outside of college dont have all the propaganda in it

Academic history books are pretty much propaganda free. It's part of why we hate sharing a building with the sociology department.
>>
>>32985217
What type of mathematics. I'm in statistics right and just wondering if it also has such a positive outlook.
>>
>>32985034
>the job is boring as fuck

Explain
>>
>>32985582
>a small amount of capital is being put up.
its just the start and more importantly it's very little risk for the involved countries if it fails early on
>>
>>32985574
Damn, I work for an Ohio law school as a "get me through college" job, I though we could have been the best of friends.

My cousin was in tort law, had his own firm in Atlanta, so it's obviously good. You should probably admit that while it's good to hope for private practice, law students should expect being treated like shit as a paralegal now.
>>
>>32985592
> mfw I realized the company was stolen from Germany in WWI
> mfw now that the town that host's big Pharma company is regarded as one of the poorest places to live in Ireland.
> mfw I read salary of Big Pharma in this thread
> mfw I realize why they get payed soo much.
>>
File: 1397186770496s.jpg (2KB, 125x95px) Image search: [Google]
1397186770496s.jpg
2KB, 125x95px
>>32985654

Pure mathematics, obviously.
>>
>>32985530
That's actually a pro for me.
>>
>>32985532

Depends on the subfield of engineering, even in America.
>>
>>32985655

Mostly I keep an eye on the Co-Op kids while we have them do the tedious calculations we don't want to do
>>
>>32985840

Where did you start at? I just finished a double degree mathematics and statistics and need some advice.
>>
>>32985217
bullshit, the only job you can do as a math major is a shitty teaching position, right?
>>
>>32984877

>too smart for accounting

lel that just shows you know nothing about it
>>
Physics + Math

Easiest thing in the world
>>
>>32985921
That is the oldest pasta on this entire site.
>>
Mathematics and Philosophy
>>
>>32985921

the government loves math majors
but yeah of course you have to be one of the 4.0 kids

off to your hometown high school to teach if you have a 3.0 tho
>>
File: 1391057700319.gif (2MB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
1391057700319.gif
2MB, 300x225px
Currently majoring in Management Information Systems.

Did I do good /pol/ ?
>>
File: dragonAmerica.jpg (101KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
dragonAmerica.jpg
101KB, 600x600px
>>32985805

FUCK YOU AMERICA, YOU THIEVING RACE OF DEGENERATES.

YOUR DAYS ARE NUMBERED

YOU'RE NOT FOREVER
>>
>>32985910
>>32985921

No, seriously, I will have to go for a PhD to get a "reasonable" job. Otherwise I will end up homeless and shooting up heroine. Even then I will become insane, but at least I can say that I did not convert to plebeian applied stuff. Statistics is fine, has a way better job outlook than my crap.

Also the 300k starting thing is an old maymay from /sci/,
>>
>>32985217
if you're lucky, either actuarial or finances.
>>
>>32984732

Don't listen to this fuckup. if you're breaking at least 3.0 you will not wind up in a fucking coffee shop studying econ.
>>
>>32986075
is majoring Stats in undergrad good? I've been seriously considering it.

History and Statistics double major would be love for me.

Considering Double in Econ & Stats
>>
>>32986066
>Management Information Systems.

That sounds like a bullshit degree some college made up as a "emerging field"
>>
>>32985730
Neat, dude. I'll be the first to lol. My father was a crim investigator(still is) when I was in college, so all four years I had a paid internship at the DA's office. Better than flipping burgers. At the time some recent ls grads studying for the bar were also doing paid internships there. I can tell you that $10/hr is not enough to pay off ls loans. Law has been "sink in a weighted vest or get rescued by a shitty raft(yacht in the case of private practice)" for a long time, though.

Also, the DA during my time interning later joined her husband in private practice and that's how I got to the position I'm in now. Good family friend.
>>
Masters in ME and bachelors in EE from A&M, currently making 110,000 a year being a testing engineer at a defense plant
>>
>>32986178

I am not the expert on statistics, but I know a few mates who majored in such and got great, comfy jobs. They also knew how to write code though, if that makes any difference.
>>
>>32986146
I did break 3.0 though anon

honestly you gotta break 3.5 or live in a non shitty area for jobs
>>
>>32986070
That is one of the most retarded images ever.
>>
>>32986182
It's a mixture of business and computer science.

Some businesses actually like it, apparently.
>>
I'm a Chemistry (with a concentration in Biochemistry) and Dramatic Art double major with a minor in Biology.

The plan is med school because both of my majors are fucking useless straight out of undergrad. If med school doesn't work out I'll probably go into Pharmacology or Electrochemistry for grad school or something.
>>
>>32984821
do you go to u of t?
>>
>>32986006
Bullshit. What year did it start?
>>
>>32984527
You realize that moot made >>>/biz/ specifically as a containment board for posts like this?
>>
>Commerce majoring in Finance

My career prospects literally make me want to kill myself, they aren't bad but holy fuck would I rather be doing something different.
Considering getting a double degree with some kind of engineering, which I hope to be able to do through the ADF in ADFA, no idea if they will even want to bother with that however so perhaps I will resign myself to a life of unhappiness
>>
>>32984527
pskikeology bachelor. more like semitic political correctness bachelor. still better than sociology
>>
history, religion, poli sci
>>
>>32986621
Hows your job at mcdonalds going?
>>
>>32986570
As a hardcore /pol/ lurker who also got a bachelor's in psychology, i could only detect a faint whiff of political correctness in my marriage and family psychology class. professor emphasized feminism real hard for like a day. on the other hand, my sister has been taking history classes with a jewish professor, and in the AMERICAN HISTORY class, he decided to spend half the semester prefacing AMERICAN HISTORY with the "gentile subjugation of the jews". You can't make this stuff up, folks. /pol/ is always right.
>>
>>32986282
would you say it's better to get a Computer Science degree in undergrad, and then pursue an MS in Statistics later?
>>
>>32986835
i have a comp sci bs and a ms from ga tech

if i could be in your shoes i would have went some type of engineering route in undergrad and follow that into grad school. the money i make is great but i promise you you will be dealing with better people, it has higher prestige, is hard as fuck to get certified so less competition and WAY LESS INDIANS like almost none
>>
>>32986835
also if ur doing the comp sci route because you like coding dont fucking do a cs degree, you can learn coding on your own easily and no one will care about ur cs degree if you can truly code up a storm
>>
>>32986835

I was about to reply but this anon already did it for me.

>>32987045
>>32987088

If you want to learn programming do it independently, CS is a bunch of bullshit usually. Go to engineering if you want the easiest money, though.
>>
>>32986835

If you plan on getting an MS in Statistics then you should get a minor in statistics.
>>
Bachelor of commerce major in human resources
>>
>>32986196
I'm only getting 9.50 an hour and I only get 29 hours a week because of the AHA, and I'm still paying off my loans to the point that it will be 8 grand of subsidized debt at the most when I graduate. The only thing that hinders me paying off the loans each semester is studying for my certs; I keep buying materials related to security, and that costs up to a thousand for a package of books and DVDs.

I thought I had it bad, and I knew that law school is expensive, but damn.
Thread posts: 106
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.