[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In the navy

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_3248.jpg (600KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3248.jpg
600KB, 1920x1080px
So I'm currently 18 about to have to decide what to do with my future and right now the navy seems pretty good. I got a 91 on my asvab so desu I could get to do some cool stuff but I'm wondering if it would be a wise choice given the current political climate
>>
File: IMG_2271.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2271.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>140551473
You sound like a good kid, so here's some wisdom. Find a small town CNC machine shop that's been in business for some years and work your way to the fucking top.
>>
I wouldn't
>>
>>140552757
this.

Learn a trade or die.
>>
>>140551473
Don't be a fag, join the army
>>
>>140551473
Do 4 years and use that see GI bill for either a trade or a degree
>>
>>140553019
Sweet*
>>
unless you have a specific interest like nuclear engineering or aviation, i would purge the thought from your head. look at the number of crashes our navy ships have had this year. then look at the investments and developments in the chinese navy over the years. i don't like the trajectory i see.
>>
File: 1504482218167.jpg (34KB, 720x762px) Image search: [Google]
1504482218167.jpg
34KB, 720x762px
>>140552757
why does yeungling hate wa state so much? can't find anywhere.
>>
I am an air force weather guy. Love it. I,say join
>>
>>140551473
You don't want to risk your life for the jewish elite. Go to a technical school for a year and youll make around 70k starting
>>
The navy is for faggots. Join the army or the marines. Get an intel job. Make six figures when you get out. That's what I did.
>>
leaf here what is avfsb? I'm guessing a test but what exactly is and what is on it?
>>
>>140553222
i'm not scared of getting shot at and doing battle, just doing spergy retard stuff like not knowing where to go on base. is any of the routine confusing or is it pretty straightforward?
>>
>>140553099
The recruiter said I could go into the nuclear engineering program and learn how to operate a reactor and stuff like that, only the big ships have reactors and so far carriers haven't had any collisions, but yeah if not navy I'm honestly clueless about my future
>>
>>140553439
It is the most challenging thing you will ever do but it will make a man out of you.
>>
>>140553193
its an east coast thing
>>
>>140551473
brother joined the navy
>good job security
>free living/youll be paid extra to pay for your rent
>navy girls and girls who like navy guys
if you join the navy and get a comfy job, youll love life and want to re-enlist. depending on how attached you are to family, navy probably spends the most time away from home.
>>
>>140551473
Join the chair force you fucking retard faggot cunt
Navy is the worst service of them all and take it from me I did 7 years in that fucked up shit
>>
>>140553420
Whats an intel job? Like what does it entail and what are the requirements?
>>
>>140553427
It's like the standardized test the millitary has to see how competent you are. Max is 100 and minimum to join navy is like a 30 something
>>
>>140553193
We don't hate you. You're just not comfy Pennsylvania.
>>
>>140553602
you're just as retarded
are you from US?
>>
File: sausage2.webm (942KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
sausage2.webm
942KB, 960x540px
>>140553494
>he fell for the nuke meme
>>
>>140553555
Navy girls ?!?!? You mean lazy as shit obese aides ridden sea cows ? Your brother must be the ultimate omega to think there's anything good about women in the military
>comfy living
If you enjoy sharing a small compartment with 63 other Cunts sure
>>
>>140551473
Navy - Nothing but niggers
Army - Former football jocks
Air Force - Nerds who like to whine
Marines - Spics

I did 8 years in the Air Force but did Joint deployments the entire time. If you have a high ASVAB, either go Army or Air Force.
>>
>>140553439
So you will do your two months or so in boot camp. If you are a sperg you will have somewhat of a rough time but nothing you cant grit your way through unless you are totally autistic. As for the base, navy people like air force get their own dorm room in the barracks after c school. Military bases vary significantly in size, but most are like small towns with everything you need right there, in the grand scheme of things your worry is a small concern and should not inhibit you from joining, i work with a lot of sailors and they are good folks though not as smart as USAF
>>
>>140551473
In the navy, enjoying my time. Shoot if you got any questions.
>>
>>140553799
Explain pls
>>
>>140553694
>>140553427
depending on how high you get you will qualify for certain jobs. Your highschool grades matter too, my friend james had d's in highschool and couldn't go into the nuclear engineering field that he wanted to do.
>>
>>140553522
i was going to enter as a pfc a couple years back but didn't trust obama. i want to do some actual fighting though, not desk stuff (probably will regret this outlook).
>>
>>140553957
Go 11b and hope for the best
>>
>>140551473
If you go navy with that asvab score, The recruiter will push you towards nuclear power. Check out different available jobs before choosing.
>>
>>140553828
yeah my brother is dating a girl he met on his ship a while ago and she is hot with blonde hair and blue eyes.
you know nothing about the navy obviously, its fun times and gives great life lessons. My brother owns his own apartment on base, and its not small. So yeah, comfy living.
>>
>>140553880
Is it like the movies with lots of yelling and shit?

Do I have to live in a shit bunk with 20 other guys for years?

Am I allowed to play vidya?
>>
>>140553889
everyone on /k/ says nuke sucks and to never do it
>>
I definitely think the Navy is a great option and that you should try it if you are thinking about it, because its worth.
>>
>>140554048
>>140553950

Being a nuke is miserable with a 6 year commitment, 2 year long school in the swamps of SC, long hours and a high burnout rate. Don't become a glow worm.
>>
File: 1486334408640.jpg (93KB, 550x822px) Image search: [Google]
1486334408640.jpg
93KB, 550x822px
The military is easy, boring, and for welfare dudebros who think they're warriors but actually jacking off in a barracks on taxpayer dimes.

Rise above. Challenge yourself and contribute to society. Learn a trade or go to college for a STEM degree.
>>
>>140554178
yeah you're allowed to play vidya, theres also a community center on base
>>
>>140554281
what about the marines, aren't they more invasion oriented?
>>
>>140554178
Yes lol you will have ur own little room with perhaps shared bathroom after c school. But wen ur on the boat u are crammed into a tiny rack so make of that what u will. Builds character.
>>
>>140554191
Thanks I'll be sure to go see if there's any nu/k/es who would be willing to talk
>>
>>140554272
Lol, yea... I was a nuke. It sucks! But for some reason, some people like it.
>>
>>140554439
Good advancment i hear
>>
>>140554439
What do you recommend instead of nuke? I don't really know any other non tard jobs that you could do other than intel
>>
>>140554354

Unless you're a CIA nigger arming corporate interest groups in Syria/Pakistan, you're not going to see much action, if any at all. The only difference between marines and other armed groups is they can do more push-ups and get to play with more explosive toys. Whoop-de-doo.
>>
>>140553848
I'm Canadian and want to join the USAF. Anything involving drones is what I'm after. How do things look for foreigners joining up? Worth my time to drive down and talk to a recruiter?
>>
>>140554119
Every navy girl has had 100 cocks they join the navy because they like the uniform , "we iz strong as men", and the idea of thirsty guys constantly chasing them you don't know shit about the navy and it sounds like your brother has done less than 4 years and bet ya he hasn't gone away on a ship for 6-9 months
Don't encourage OP to pick a shit service when there's the option of the Air Force and especially when you yourself haven't experienced the navy life
>>
Wait 2 years for the space force.
>>
>>140551473
Is it fun to stay at the YMCA too?
>>
>>140554568
Depends on what job. Machinist mates and electricians tend to enjoy it more and stay in longer. Slower advancement. But the electronics technicians seem to hate their lives more and leave. Faster advancement for those who stay.
>>
>>140551473
lol you are worry about your safety in the US armed forces? And navy at that! Pussy.
>>
>>140554686
We dont want canadians
>>
Op here, anyone in the Air Force? I'd like to hear about it, anything you could tell me on the differences would be great
>>
>>140551473
Go Army, get 18X contract, pass everything, don't give up, blah blah blah. You'll thank me later.
>>
Join airforce or wait for space force grand opening.
>>
>>140554603
Unfortunately, I don't know what other jobs might be good. The nuclear stuff is pretty much a separate navy. My friend, who dropped out of the program, went gunners mate, and he loves it.
>>
>>140554964
When is that?
>>
>>140554860
:C I'm not the gay liberal kind. I'd join the Canadian forces but all the equipments shit and outdated.
>>
File: ztdxrm.jpg (13KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
ztdxrm.jpg
13KB, 400x300px
>>140553799

That webum really made me cogitate
>>
>>140554603
Hey dude, Navy officer here. My recommendation is go intel if you can. Don't go Nuke. They offer a shit ton of money, but the job is literally soul sucking. That's why they pay so much for a nuke, hoping the smell of green backs keeps you.

Go Intel. Never really deployed on ships (unless you go to a carrier or other large ship where quality of life is slightly better), see cool secret squirrel shit, and have more opportunities to get your education out of the way. Honestly, with an ASVAB score like yours, don't settle for anything less than Intel.
>>
There is a reason the retention for nuke is dogs hit. Navy girls are either turbo sluts or bitches. 30 percent of the women are lesbian. You got job security but so do the dumbasses. If you like to lift weights all day and night tho you will be comfy.
>>
>>140554686
leaf here who also wants to join the us military im 18.
>>
>>140552757
This
>fighting for ZOG
Don't be a fucking idiot OP
>>
>>140555244
Wow thanks a lot! The recruiters talk about nukes like it's the best goddamned job in the navy and I knew there had to be some kind of catch. Would you reccomend going enlisted intel or officer?
>>
>>140551473
Dude just join the coast guard, it is literally better in every conceivable way.
>>
>>140553439

They'll give you routine, teach you to not be so beta.

Probably good for you.
>>
>>140554178

>Is it like the movies with lots of yelling and shit?

No, through full metal jacket, and jarhead and generation kill out the window, its not that. Mostly bootcamp is marching, inspections (uniform, rack, compartment), and classes. Its two months and its not hard but it did make me a better person.

> Do I have to live in a shit bunk with 20 other guys for years?

When you are on deployment (out at sea) you share a birthing compartment with other people and it can suck but when your not at sea you are in your own bed either in a barracks with a room mate or off base in your own apartment.

>Am I allowed to play vidya?
I do it all the time, my rate is nothing but nerds.
>>
>>140555099
If everything goes smooth, 2 years from now.
Just google US Space Force
>>
>>140554686
>>140555368

You can join but you'll permanently be delegated to shit jobs and never be promoted above sergeant, nor will you be permitted to attend officer training schools.
>>
>>140555633

Nigga Solar Warden started decades ago
>>
>>140555244
N2s also spend sea time on blue ridge class in Mediterranean and east Asia
That would be pretty good
>>
>>140555538
If you can, go officer. Better pay, better standard of living.
>>
Reasons why the Coast Guard is better

>actual spend your time defending the USA and her people
>don't get deployed to random shit-holes and combat zones to fight for ZOG
>lowest suicide rate
>people will actually respect you because your entire job is helping other people
>all the benefits of the miltiary, with less of the drawbacks
>no stupid camo-blueberry uniform
>smaller service means more personal experience
>>
Did time in mil.
Learned a trade.
Saved 6 figures in bank.
Earned B.S. w/o student loans.
Now make >$70k per year.

There are worse things to do.
>>
>>140555763
Well I've learned a lot lol, thanks bro you've helped me a bunch. It's hard to get straight answers out of my recruiters
>>
>>140554688
You sound like a giant sore fat lard, why don't you try to better yourself rather then try to put people down memate? :)

OP do your thing, do what you think makes you happy to get up in the morning and ESPECIALLY fuck the opinions of /pol/tards
>>
>>140555684
Well that sucks. Really dont want to serve this country with some cuck like trudeau as our leader.
>>
>>140556650
No shit.
>>
>>140554686
I was actually an intel guy for my last 4 years.
Worked with FMV. It's a great gig but can also be boring af.
Look into going to the 552nd ACW at Tinker AFB brother. They are a co-manned sqaudron that does interesting stuff for beginners. Also you get flight pay.
>>
>>140554640

> this is what the commie thinks
>>
>>140557794

Yes goy, all those revolutions and uprisings in the middle east this past decade were totally not funded and armed by the CIA. Gosh golly, those darn pesky Syrians just didn't want Assad to make any oil deals with the Russians!
>>
>>140556074
> It's hard to get straight answers out of my recruiters

stop sounding like a faggot. these people are called "sea lawyers" they think they know everything and have all the answers (which is normally lies and retardation). Find a rate you like or find interesting. Dont go listening to faggots on 4fats you worthless shitbag. Carry on smartly
>>
>>140558164

> goy
> cia
> syria
> russians

hahahaha look at this dumb commie spewing out his inept retardation. thank you for killing yourself
>>
File: 1501900103134.png (68KB, 250x272px) Image search: [Google]
1501900103134.png
68KB, 250x272px
>>140551473
Do it you fucking pussy. You want to be some sad sack of shit who only rode around on a boat for a couple of years and didn't do shit? War is a once in a generation experience, glory, medals, pussy. You feel like you have no direction? You want something to get your head on straight? You think life is hard in your cush little house with your parents? Fuck you faggot. Go to war and when you come back the rest of your life is on easy mode, literally nothing will phase you or seem difficult at all. Every challenge is surmountable. Everything you see little normies bitch and complain and stress about will make you laugh because you can handle it with no problem. Coming home with 100k in cash isn't bad either. Do what you want but if you've got the opportunity and you're healthy enough I'd say take it 1,000%
>>
>>140556148
Fuck off faggot you dickheads have no experience yet you're encouraging OP to sign a 4,6 or even a 15 year contract
OP should also be redirected to the MEG threads on /k/ and like myself
They'll tell you to get a comfy role in the chair force
>>
>>140559053
I second this, but the military doesn't have a strict monopoly on this experience. Either way, take the plunge OP, you have to do SOMETHING.
>>140551473
>>
>>140552757
fpbp

this is what I'm trying to do.
>>
>>140554379
I heard that nuke was by far the best because you get poached by companies for 6 figures after your initial contract. It's just super complex
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.